tracyvine

UPDATE: Make New Friends Sounds of Summer #8

tracyvine
16 years ago

Here we go again!

Comments (150)

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

He fed my kids fried what?!? I'm gonna have to move to hippieland with dirt to detox them! My boys were vegans till we went on a family vacation last year, I went to a pancake shack, ordered the boys waffles, went to the ladies room, and came back to see my toddler eating bacon, he was dipping in butter. With both hands. We eat a mostly asian diet (stir fries, rice, noodles, tofus), but when we go out hubby eats things like chicken fried steak with gravy.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

It looks like the Scary Friends robin is a go! I will post details and open it up for sign ups next weekend. That will give you guys all week to email me with any ideas or concerns. This will be my first stint as hostess and anything you have to share about how I should proceed will be welcomed!
    Alana

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

I've:
    1c black beans
    1c pinto beans
    1c red kidney beans
    doing a boil/speed soak on the stove. This year I really want to work on my soup/stew skills, as they've been neglected for some time. I used to do once a month cooking, but in summer it's just too hot to spend a full day cooking, now that it's cooling i've got that "nesting" thing kicking in. I really should work the crockpot more too.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am right there with you in being ready for the comfort foods! Just a week ago I started on my winter recipes again! I love thick stews and soups. See I love them so much I take pictures of them! LOL! I really should pull out my crock pot, I just don't use it much. I think I prefer the stove top for slow simmer foods.

Chicken and biscuits in a heavy cream sauce

{{gwi:1299236}}

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh man, your little one must have had a tummy ache after eating that! Blech! Dirt can open her very own carnivore detox camp in Hippiegene. lol. Ooh, he let the boys eat cracklins. Holy moly, I don't think my stomach could handle those and I've been a meat eater my whole life. My stomach has been increasingly rebellious of fried foods over the last few years. If I eat even one piece of bacon I am hurting for the rest of the day. Ugh.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

COME ON IN!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ugh! Cracklin's?? Oh, ICK!! HOW could he feed your little ones that stuff?? I do believe I'd be giving him tofu for the rest of the month....Just rewards, I'd say...! :O)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

o m goodness! thats just funny! i could just see the vision of what i
    think you look like hitting your oj man w his leg. Lol ya alana!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Helllooooo! I bought halloween cookie cutters tonight! Tis the season boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo boo! Someone will be getting them in their Scary Friends Robin Box! I can't wait for Alana's Swap to begin, I love Halloween.

Melissa, are you doing ok?

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

:O) Seriously, I'm Ok. Tomorrow will be the rough day. Until then, I"m gonna drink coffee and eat chocolate and stay awake until 3 am.
    Heck yeah.
    :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

whooohooo, such graphic pictures that ma brain has now!!! I am back! We had an awesome time.

I think Imma going to Melissa's house to eat chocolate and drink coffee (yeah right ME??) I am sleep sleepy sleepy! Melissa you will be in our prayers tomorrow as will Johnnies family.

AS FOR CRACKLINS.... Here they call them pork rinds! and FOX loves them! YUCKKKKIIIEEE I can't get past eating the skin/fat whatever of anything! (ok I take that back, I do love COW, hey I aint a vegan, oh and I like venison also well and ham and pork chops but I swear thats it!) I don't like yard bird or any poultry, lambs, goats, and whatever else there is.

Alana!!!! WHOOOHOOO CAN'T WAIT I know you will do good as hostess for the Halloween BOOO.

Smiles all,
    Trixie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago
  • tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sweet Dreams Pixie girl! Sorry I missed you darlin! Glad you're back and had a great time. You will have to tell us all about it tomorrow! I had no idea that those were the same thing as pork rinds, we have those up here. Always thought they were pretty disgusting and never tried them either. Blech! And I love beef! Yummo! Steak, medium rare, drool!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay, completely unbelievable.

I'm at work, and a friend here was just rushed to the ER with chest pains. They think he's having a heart attack.
    Lord, I"m scared to death for him.
    Please pray for him too, if you would. His name is Tony.

Oh, God..what a week.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tony is in my prayers. {{gwi:1299239}}

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Thanks, Tracy.
    We still haven't heard an update on T, when I left there last night, they were still awaiting test results.
    The boss is trying to keep a sense of humor, and keeps telling us it's the chili cheese dog he made T eat Friday night. :O) I HOPE it is!!!!! That would be WONDERFUL!!!
    And then, when he's all cleared, and released from the hospital, I'm gonna kick his a@@ for not eating better. DADGUM THE MAN!!!

Well, I hope everyone has an UNEVENTFUL Monday. Make it count! Hug those kiddos and feed the hubbies salad!! :O)

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Hi all!
    Hnb, sorry to hear about your hubby's uncle, and I hope your friend is doing ok. They're in my prayers.

I wanted to post that my secret pal should be receiving a package by the end of the week!! It went out this morning.

Have a great day!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Melissa,

Wishing you hugs today!

Karen! Great news! Thank you! Who could it be now?

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Afternoon Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing great this afternoon. Melissa, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, Tony is also.

I am hoping my secret pal gets her box today!!!

smiles
    pixie

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Ok all set.
    Dear swap buddy,
    My 7 year old son picked out your chime, says it looks like his favorite thing. And my 3 year old picked out the rest. Any and all inquiries may be directed at Evan or Erik.
    Sincerely,
    Fishy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good afternoon everyone! I just heard from our Favorite Hazelnutbunny and she would like to be the Hostess for the Turkey Swap! Melissa hinted that she has some fun ideas! Woo Hoo! Can't wait!

Tracy

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Tracy;
    That is great news, this group is really a blast!! I love the core group and I also love the newcomers and visitors. I hope everyone else is enjoying this as much as I am.
    I cannot believe summer ends on Thursday.
    Back to work. diene

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Diene, You made me jolt upright in my chair! Summer is over on Thursday! Wow! Time is flying! Before you know it Halloween is going to be here and gone! We will all be Roasting Turkeys (or Soy Burgers, lol!) and starting our Holiday Shopping! This really has been so much fun, I am glad that I had a chance to host this exchange and I thank every one of you for putting up with my stumbles along the way. I made a couple of boo boo's here and there and the one's who have been affected have been very understanding. A very special thank you to them!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Tracy you have done an awesome job at hosting this swap. It has been really fun! Your wonderful girlie!

Love ya,
    Pixie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Hey, everyone! Melissa, I hope today is going okay for you! I am thinking of you and your family!

I FINALLY found my windchime today, so my package will be in the mail tomorrow. I didn't think I was ever going to find one! I found some first today at a local nursery, and I was so excited when I found out they had some, but when I got there, their cheapest ones were $25! They had them all the way up to $60, that I saw! I asked if they had any cheaper ones, (very sheepishly), and was told of another store where they had some. So, off I went to that store, and was so thankful to see their most expensive ones were about $36, and then went on down from there! Whew!

I wish I hadn't had Lily with me at that nursery though, and had had plenty of money, as they had bulbs out the wazoo! They were these big plump beautiful bulbs, and I wanted to look and BUY!! But, I had to get out of there, because Lily was acting up (she wanted a glass gazing ball, and I was afraid she was going to attack them when I told her no!)

Everyone take it easy - we have our big dinner out tonight! Fun, fun! Talk to you all later!

Becki

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Have fun Becki & don't let them talk you in to anything!!
    I'm sorta glad summer is almost gone. With this being my first full year back living in the south,after 8 years in Michigan,I'm not sure I can handle much more heat!It didn't seem this bad when I was a teenager. But back then ,I didn't wear this many clothes.LOL! Three kids gave me a much different figure.I try to keep it covered! Not the kids fault ,I know. I just need to make time to walk or something.Maybe not spend so much time on the compu....HA! HA! HA! Who am I kidding?I couldn't even finish typing that. LOL!
    All my kids seem to be really moody today. I called my sis & she's having the same deal with my niece. Wonder if its the moon or something? Sorry to ramble on.....
    Later..April/dirt_under_my_nails

• beckilove
    16 years ago

April - I know what you mean about making the time to walk! It's so tough! There is just always something to do!! But, I need to!

I'm all ready to go - just waiting on hubby to finish getting ready, and then we'll pick up one of our guests and drop off the kids at my sister's! Wow - that is something I'm SO not used to saying - drop the kids off at my sister's! We are just taking one employee and his fiancee, and our other employee - aparantly he doesn't have a date. I'm sure we'll have fun!

Have a good evening, girls!
    Becki

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

same here, by the end of the week! i got the other stuff! but the one
    thing! err! that girl! still with the fevers but not as bad. she's
    on onmnicef now. he said her ears went from pinkish red to red. skin
    test thursday for her. so sorry hnb!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Becki, have a great time tonight! Try not to giggle at the presentation! LOL! Eat a big juicy steak and stuff yourself! Enjoy!!!! OOH, someone will be serving YOU for a change! How nice is that? Woo Hoo! Congrats on the chimes girlie! It's crazy what those nurseries will charge! Had the same experience here!

April! You ramble whenever you want! I know what you mean about the kids, happens here too, just not today. Seems everyone had a good day. Danny looked at me after preschool today and told me that he didn't even whine one time. I just melted! Told him I was very proud of him for having a good day with his new friends. I used to go walking at our old house and then we moved to a house on a street with no sidewalks! Our road is 35mph with psycho drivers always in a hurry. Very rural with big trucks, too afraid to walk the roads.

Pixie, You are the wonderful girlie! Luv ya bunches and then some! I have such a good time yapping with all of you! Thanks!

Medontdo! I am glad they have Talla on a stronger antibiotic! Hopefully she will get some relief from the pain now. Poor girl! What are the skin tests for? Allergies? I had the scratch tests when I was little, 83 scratches on the back and 11 injections in one arm. It was completely miserable. Keep the motrin stocked up for her.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

now i guess all the pokes are on a roller and its over in like 3
    seconds. someone told me about that and i almost cancelled the apt'but
    they explained it! she's on onmicef now and thank the lord no
    temperature since 6 30 this morning! i'm so happy! oj tabor got a
    new idea! he drilled! and now we're back no track! i was not gonna pay
    42 bucks for something i could make my buddy! i hope she likes it! i'm
    still hunting the top piece. he said it has to be triangle or he isn't
    helping me anymore! little boogl

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yay! Talla's temp is gone! Woo hoo! That is so nice that they stream lined the scratch test. Thank Goodness for that! Better mind Tabor! LOL! Good help is hard to find! :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Good news about Talla, Medont!! Yay! Glad to hear that. I hate when the little one's are sick. Hopefully the skin tests go alright & you get the answers you need. I know how much crud Bowen had to go through when he first got sick, it took them 2 years to diagnos him with lupus. Yuck, like we wanted THAT one. :O)

Well, Tony had an angioplasty this morning, and he's in ICU. They won't let anyone in to see him, but when he gets moved to another room, then we can go every hour.
    Thanks for all the prayers, I know they are helping.

The funeral went fine, the kids are all being such strong little troopers. The oldest boy is 16, so he's the man of the house now, and he's taking it very seriously. He's been a tremendous help to his mom.

I'm looking forward to hosting the Turkey swap! It will give me something positive to do with my time, and help get my mind off of things.
    Can't wait for Poison's swap! It's gonna be fun!! :O) I hope I can participate, if not...I will just hang around and bug everyone.
    I know ya'll can't live without your daily dose of "Bunny". :O)

Hugs & Squishes!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i guess so! he's helping me figure how to use my phone as a modem too!
    Lol :~) he's only 11 :~)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

AWESOME MEDONT!!! I am sooo happy Talla's fever is gone and shes in our Prayers! Tabor your doing a great job at helping your momma!!! Just keep it up guy and mind her too.

Melissa I am happy that you made it through today, I know its hard. Give that boy big hugs from us its hard to be the man of the house after losing your pa at such a young age. I am happy that you are hosting the Turkey swap. and YES we all DO need our daily fix of Bunny!

Becki, I hope you have alot of fun tonight girl you deserve it!

Tracy... just remember I know where you live!!!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pixie, you made me spit at the puter! lol! And back at ya baby! LOL!

Melissa, I am piggy backing on what Trina said, I couldn't say it any better. Those poor kids, I don't know what mine would do without one of us and God willing they will never feel that kind of pain at such a young age. I am keeping all of them in my prayers for the long haul.

Medo: Phone as modem? I think I am going to be borrowing that youngster to teach me a thing or two! lol! Little smarty pants!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Tracy, lol dangit girlie ya spit cinnamon tea on me, or coffee which is worse STAINS STAINS STAINS..... Now where is my SHOUT lmao

OMgoodness I hope none of our children have to suffer like that. Its hard just to lose a sibling I can't even imagine, nor do I want to imagine, losing a parent at such a young age. I was 23 when I lost my mother so I can't imagine being 16 and having younger siblings.

lol No Doubt Medo, hes a lil genius!

Smiles
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Coffee, sorry girlie! Heh heh! Since you know where I live are you coming over for a cup? LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

YES! Tracy! I'll just take a SMALL cup, though! :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I just may but it won't be for coffee, just fix me some tea.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pixie, here is your tea!

Bunny, I got a big ol' cup o'joe for you!

{{gwi:1299242}}

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I'm gonna need a napkin after that one!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maybe just a giant bib? Hey, did you hear that OJ is in jail? 'Bout time!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Sheesh I can't even say we are on a caffiene fix here lmao
    I ain't drinking caffiene
    ain't drinking anything stronger either

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

YAY for OJ!!!

Yeah, that's been the talk around the water cooler tonight. Actually, the question was..."How STUPID is OJ?" And then it went to..."Well, about as STUPID as Britney Spears."
    To which I said..."HEY, if you grew up with everyone trying to sell YOUR body, you'd go a little nuts too". I mean..come ON..give the girl a break. So she's a little nuts...
    yeah, we all are. We just don't shave our heads to prove it. :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

LMAO Melissa, sooo true, never looked at it that way, but then I am not a superstar singer. Besides that I am sorry but I do blame the parents.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Well, for my 2 cents...I'll just say that for the foundational problems, I blame the parents. THEY and the managers sold that poor girl's body, got what they wanted from her, and now they are just tossing her away.
    BUT I do have to say that it's up to Brittney herself HOW to deal with her problems now. She needs to seek help, or she just might loose the rest of her marbles. (that's a technical term, BTW) :O)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How stupid is OJ? Hmmmm, that could take a while to list! Britney is certifiable at this point. Can you say "lay low for a while?" Geeze, these people don't know when to go run and hide! I'd have jumped in the nearest hole if I had any of the trouble those goof balls have had! I don't know if I blame the parents after they become of age. I think each of us has that inner voice that jumps up and screams "This is a baaaaad idea!". They just drink and drug too much to hear it.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Thank YOU Melissa, I am sooo happy you posted that cause I was kinda scared to, dangit Trina!!!! She is past 18 yrs and like you said its up to her to keep or lose her marbles

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Britney' Marbles

Yeah, Britney's mom got her in with Disney. She broke away from them to get a larger market with the skanky outfits. Disney said don't do it, she walked away in favor of the masses.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Wow, almost to the end of this post, Miss Hostess Tracy!
    Better post another one!!!!!