tracyvine
16 years ago

Started a new thread.

Comments (150)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I have got to go to bed. It is waaaaay past my bedtime. I'm gonna need IV coffee drip in the morning. Good night Miss Bunny!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Well, I'll take him FedEx (the fedex guy is cute, too!)

Good night miss tracy!!!!!!!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

HMMMMM.... Bunny said here box is headed southish.

I mean Georgia is VERY Southish.Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Who could it be? Dirt Stole the cookie from the cookie Jar! Who me? Yes, you! Not Me! Then Who? Hermit stole the cookie from the cookie jar! Who me? Yes, You! Not Me! Then, whooooooooo?

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

dirt,
    I dunno is SoCal the south? We're one hour from the mexican border.

Tracy I dropped you an email, can you check it out sweety, I just wanna make sure I got the address right.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Fishy, I got it last night and responded right away. I will resend. Thanks, Tracy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You've got mail, should be the 3rd time, I swear I am not stalking you. LOL!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

man we were a neglected generation! Lol i did have some. but my mom
    does make a big deal out of the kids now, at first i used to get mad,
    but then, i looked at it this way maybe then she was in a different
    spot. sometimes we learn to love and react thru our kids. so now she
    can. so i let her have this time. she couldn't with us, my brother
    don't understand it, but he don't have kids. its not about us, its
    about the little ones and mom. they give us so much we can give then
    this. :~) of course i'm wierd! LOL My mom found out what their coffee was. i'm like yay! our yard
    looks like a tornado ripped through it! Lol but i went overboard as
    usual and hurt my shoulder. stupid me! we are looking into
    homeschooling. talla begs me not to send her back, isaac is a bully
    and hurts her! he bites her! pinches, kicks, and hits. i think i sent
    this. i'm just so upset! and i don't want to clean the house! Lol but
    the sun is out! :~) and its nice and kinda cool! glad your
    feeling better!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Hiya, girls! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!! Wouldn't you know, I stuck my foot in my mouth! Yep, 5:00 came along this morning, the alarm went off, and my hubby got out of bed! When he came out of the bathroom, I got up, and he told me, "You don't have to come along if you don't want to." I said, "If you're going to walk, so am I!" So, I started to get dressed, and all of a sudden Lily woke up. So, I get back in bed with her, and get her back to sleep, and about 5:45, Dave comes back upstairs, and I get up. Then we walked, but I only walked a mile, as I needed to get the kids up. I wouldn't have walked any more though, as my right heel was killing me! It's been bothering me a little when I drive for an extended period of time, but I just figured that's because I am keeping my foot in the same position, resting on my heel for that time (with the rest of my foot on the accelerator.) Anyway, now it hurts just to walk! It's like a sharp pain with every step I take. So, guess who's feeling pretty lazy today?

Over the weekend, my husband got so excited, telling me someone called and told him he won a free dinner at a nice local restaurant. He said we could even take two more people with us, and we wouldn't have to pay for our meal, our drink, our tip! He was pretty excited, and so was I. Well, the certificate came today, and it is one of those things where you have to sit through a presentation, with people trying to get you to sell stuff. I asked Dave if he realized that, and he said, yeah, they told him he would have to attend a presentation on fire safety. But, he says a free meal is a free meal! So, I guess we are going out to a nice supper on Monday night! A free steak, he's not going to pass it up! Now, he just wants to find some people to go with us - good luck with that! : ) Anyway, hopefully it will be fun!

Oh, Melissa - is your FedEx guy cute?? My UPS man should be coming today to deliver a package from JoAnns! I might not be here though, when he comes - I have some errands to run this afternoon. : ( Oh well, just so he doesn't show up when my hubby is home for lunch, then I'll have to explain that I bought yet another cake pan, instead of just stashing it in the basement with my other cake decorating stuff! (No I wouldn't tell him I also ordered it so I could say "Hi" to the UPS man who keeps honking at me!!)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OMG Becki! You are too hillarious with your ups man. Good luck on the seminar. I just watched an episode of the king of queens where they sat through a time share pitch for a free weekend getaway ski resort. Laughed my head off. They had "plants" at the seminar to buddy up to the prospective buyers to push them to buy in. It was too funny.

Think maybe you might have a bone spur on your heal? Lots of people get those, can be quite painful. Friend of my mom's had them on the back of her heal and she could only wear backless shoes until she had them removed.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

uh duh that was about birthdays, in case anyone got lost. Lol now i'm
    gonna take a pic of my banana tree and send it to barb. she's sending
    me a fernleafed bleedingheart. so cool! i'm sending her a pup that
    came with my banana tree. its hardy to neg zero!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

But... becki, that's a business investment! (what I tell hubby when giant boxes of schoolbooks, gallons of glue, and enough glitter to recreate the girl from goldfinger arrive).

Traci got the emails - thanks.

Medon - for homeschooling, check out k12.com, it's what I use with the older kids (k-2nd grade, they have classes thru high school), I can help you figure it out if you have any questions. Many states have it as thier charter school, which means you can get it for free. If you need preschool, I can send you what we use here as well (lesson plans and websites for printable activities).

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

you'd think with all them cute ups and fed ex guys we'd have at least
    one out here! boo hoo! and no pics on here! but if i watch cmt i can
    see some cutie's! Lol thank you tracy! your awesome! you go above and
    beyond as a hostess! :~) and i got bunny seeds! :~) tabor loves
    cosmos. i have to take a pic of a plant and see if you guys know what
    it is!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Medo~ You have bunny seeds? I thought they dropped pellets, not seeds! LOL! Ohhhh, it must be a boy bunny! Gotcha! LOL! You're welcome sweetie, it's just not the same with out our MEDO!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Im Back!!!!! I had to go outta town unexpectedly yesterday. Sheesh gone one day and come home and have to read all kinds of things to catch up!!!! Well I can't read it right yet, I have to go to the post office before it closes and mail some packages. I HAVE GOT to get caught up lol.

I hope everyone is having a great "Trash Day" (its trash day here, tuesdays are) lol.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

OMG! I am SO disappointed! I had a different UPS man today!!! What a bummer! I actually got home before he came! And then it was a different guy! This guy was friendly enough, sure! But, he just wasn't my guy that usually stops and chats for a while, and has been honking at me when he drives past! What if the honks were to say, "I'm not going to drive your route anymore next week. Good bye!" Oh, what a disappointment! Oh well, off to get an early supper started. Elizabeth has soccer pictures tonight, before practice, so we have to leave the house a little after 5:00.

Glad to see you back, Pixie! Oh, and Fishy - business expenses for MY business don't mean a dang thing around here (mostly because he doesn't want me to have a business to begin with!) But, if I spend $10 here or there, I'm not going to feel too badly about it! Now, if only I could feel like buying a bunch of bulbs and seeds would be justified! I want so badly to make an order from Brecks!!! (And Michigan Bulb, and Vesey's and Gurneys...)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

seeds from melissa! :~) Lol :~) thankyou so much fishy! i'll
    check that out! i don't know if the other one went through. Lol cell
    phones! bought the cable but it won't hook up for some reason. then
    i'd have real internet. real slow! Lol but real! :~) i got one
    kiwana fruit that finally is about as big as 8 inches! its very
    horned! Lol :~)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Glad you're back! I thought you were pixie-napped! LOL! Missed you! OOOOH, did you go make a run for the border?

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey girls,

Medo asked me to post this unknown for her. She says "it was treelike till the dogs ate it! the color is
    green. i got it from someone go florida."

{{gwi:1299312}}

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

it kinda almost looks like my butterfly weed but fox just said no its not lol sheesh. oh well I tried.

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Becki,
    Did you figure out your holiday cookie offering this year? I think the list you emailed me only goes to November? I never remember how huge our families are till I write out the dang holiday lists. Now I just gotta dig out our address books.
    Hubby has figured out the xmas gift for the boys. A custom built castle playhouse with a tower to climb up and watch for invaders. Right now the plans are for a 5longx 5.5 tall x 3 wide rectangle and a 3x3x3 hexagon "tower" with a ladder and seat up there. As usual I'll be doing the paint work (gonna paint a faux fireplace with a family shield above it, and a few false "windows" with dragons flying out them). I'll post picks once we get the plans agreed on.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Fishy - that sounds so cool! I'm sure they will LOVE that! How old are they? I'm not sure I ever heard. I'm sorry about not including December. I thought you had only mentioned doing something for your sister through November, so that's why I only included that for now. But, I will work on some holiday packages, and get that out to you as soon as possible (but don't be suprised if it isn't for a few days, okay?) Thank you so much for checking with me on that!

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Sorry, Michelle, I certainly don't recognize that plant! It's not like anything I have grown, but that certainly isn't saying much, as I have only grown a VERY small fraction of what is out there!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

BUNNY SEEDS???? LMBO! Oh, my goodness...that's TOO FUNNY!!! :O) Gonna have to tell the hubby that!!! lol

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I have a very very sad story to share with my friends here. Better get tissues cause its a tear jerker!!!

I walked into Walmart on our way home today and right off the bat was confronted with CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!!! They were right up front, WHERE WERE THE HALLOWEEN AND FALL DECORATIONS YOU ASK??? All I saw were Halloween Candies and then in the craft section Fall Florals, NO COSTUMES, NO THANKSGIVING THINGS, just Christmas Decorations. Sheesh is marketing gotten soooo competitive that they go from Labor Day to Christmas now???? That almost takes something away from Christmas shopping. Not to mention that the real Christmas Spirit has almost been done away with already. Sheesh!!!! SAD SAD SAD!!1

Ok enough of my grouching

Smiles,
    Pixie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Awww....Here's some Halloween for ya, Pixie!

I know what you mean, though. I went into a local outlet store this past week, and over HALF the store had been cleared out for XMAS stuff!! I'm not kidding! There was MAYBE one display of Thanksgiving/Halloween decorations (if you're generous enough to call them that, it was mostly paper things). I remember stores never even having Xmas stuff until AFTER Thanksgiving, then they'd rush trying to get everything in that weekend for the big sales!
    Geeze!

Well....Maybe my package is headed.....NORTH-ISH?? Maybe it's a southern state that's in the north? Or a northern state that's in the south?? Or maybe I'm just confused and failed geography in school????

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Don't forget to follow all the directions!

{{gwi:1299314}}

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

HMMM well I forgot to tell ya'll my package went out today lol, sheesh it went thataway!!!! Sheesh I think it went somewhere COLDDDDD BRRRRR!!!!! But Hey I live in the tropics remember lol. Hmmmm hint hint hint.... its to a lady in this group and she is a sweetie and fun to laugh with. HMMM OHH CHIT THATS ALL OF YA AINT IT???? Oh well it went to one of ya's!!!!

Smiles,
    the Pix

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OMG Bunny, leave it to you to find pics of yourself dropping bunny bombs! LOL!

Pixie, Just wait, the Salvation Army will be posted outside the doors of the store next week. I was looking for stuff to send in the autumn decorating swap and it wasn't too easy. I really wanted to find a pumpkin and spice scented candle along with my other goodies and for the life of me I couldn't find one anywhere! Ergh! Sorry april, now you know you are not getting that! LOL! But I did send something that requires batteries!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lmao tooo cute Tracy!!!

Thanks for the Halloween treat Melissa! I really do like halloween. It just seems that there are no more holidays anymore :(

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tracy is one of the best hostess! we got
    lucky with all of ours! diene, vela, the bunny! and lord i hope i
    didn't forget someone! my mind is skipping these days! of course i
    was home for a bit! Lol no i'm not talking about in my imaginary
    place! Lol :~) speaking of breks, i saw some lily tree's. omg! i so
    want all 4 of them! but that's way too much mula! did i tell ya talla
    had a better day? but still homeschooling.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Michele is trying to embarass me, pay her no attention whatsoever! That is an order.

Oh, April, I sent the batteries too. I know I hate it when mine are all gone and I REALLY need them. hee hee.

Woowee Pixie on getting your box out! Yippee! I'm sure ___________ will absolutely love it! I totally agree that __________________ is a sweetie and fun to laugh with! She cracks me up every time she posts! LOL!

Here's a little taste of autumn for ya

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I agree Michelle, Tracy is a wonderful Hostess!!!! I am happy that Talla had a better day. Hey I like my imaginary place!!! But then I also like Willy Wonkas place and I am not a candy person lol!

Ma lil boy is sick I think, either that or he has allergies, Imma taking him to the dr tomorrow. He has a cough and has just been kinda puny acting. Sheesh I hope its nothing serious, I hate it cause he can't tell me whats wrong! Poor Baby. He ate good today and played and chased after the dragon flies like normal but that dang cough and hes got a runny nose too. :(

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Geeze, this nasty cold stuff going around is about to drive me NUTS! It's like....SUPER VIRUS, or something!! I thought Adora had it licked, but she's sick again today. High fever, and you can hear the rattle in her chest. Since she has RSV so bad in January, I'm paranoid as all get out with her. Little booger scares me to death half the time! She's so tiny!!

Medont- Give Talla a big HUG for me! I remember being bullied when I was her age, still have scars all up and down my legs from being dragged across the gravel school yard! Mom never believed me, and the teachers wouldn't do anything about it "kids will be kids, whatcha gonna do?" crap. Whatever!! Grrrr!
    Definitely hope the little princess starts feeling better. (and start taking her to akido classes...if nothing else, teach her to kick some serious butt without doing permanent damage! I took William for nearly a year, and he can throw his daddy down and keep him there, without leaving a mark! It's definitely worth the $$, will improve her self confidence, and gives her protection at the same time!) :O)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Poor puppy! I hope he gets a good check up! I just heard lately that dogs can have allergies too, that really surprised me. I had no idea. Seriously thought that was just a people problem.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

When ted was 7 one boy picked on him every day at lunch. We talked to him about it, told him to stay away from the boy, had him tell the lunch guard, teacher, nobody did anything, we made an appointment with the teacher, no results.

He was still getting punched every day at lunch. Then, I taught him how to knuckle punch HARD! Showed him all the good spots and let him practice on my hands until I knew he could throw one real good. The next day this kid started with him again and Ted nailed him. He was crying and Ted got sent to the principal. The next thing you know, we get calls at work to get in the principals office fast.

We sit down and she is telling us what a serious matter this is and that he could get suspended or even expelled. I looked right at her and told her indeed it is, and that is why, after your school did nothing about it for the last couple of weeks and after ted and I went through all the proper channels I told him to kick the little kids ass. She seemed surprised! That was the end of our meeting and there were no repercussions. Honestly, it is hard to get some educators to listen until something drastic happens.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Way to go, Tracy! (And TED!!!)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I knew that dogs can get them and Fall allergy season is here, mold and mildew spores have been high lately. I just couldn't imagine losing him that really scares me. He's prowling around right now visiting with Alan and Buddy lol. I told Rebs he was going to sleep in momma and daddy's bed tonight, sheesh he knows exactly what that means after I told him he went in there and climbed up and made himself comfortable on the foot of the bed in his spot lol. Then the boys started fixing snacks and of course he knows what that microwave means. He can't be too sick eh? I do hate that cough though. When he was little Callie ripped his throat open (long story) because there was no new puppy that was going to take her place. She did some major damage to the lil guy (he was 8 weeks old at the time) and sheesh both times on a weekend so up goes the expense! He had 32 stitches in his neck, 6 on top of his head, 3 on one ear 5 on the other and had to wear a tube through his neck then she ripped that out while fox was supposed to be watching him, (2nd weekend) so that took all the infection out so they kept that wound open for two days then put more stitches in . Poor baby, he still says "momma" when he talks lol. The nurses at the hospital thought that they kept hearing a human baby crying for its momma and come to find out it was Rebs lol. He knows who his momma is. I got him 3 months after Cole left.
    LOL he is back in bed with daddy. (he doesn't say daddy lol so there fox!!!)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

This is the ONLY slug/snail I like!

If only they ALL were this cute!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Really WAY to go, Fox and I had to go through that with Cole, and we basically did it the same way. Sheesh whats wrong with some teachers? Teaching is not my calling I do know that and there are alot ALOT of wonderful teachers out there but then also there are some that just cater to the "in crowd" or something. Sheesh no child should be bullied and if the teachers don't step in while the kids are in their custody then by all means kids need to be able to defend themselves. (not with weapons or such) but you can't hide from a bully all your life and teachers need to realize the damage that it puts on our kids.

I gave Cole a baseball bat after his older delinquent cousin kept picking on him then had the gall to come into our yard to pick on him, cousin is Alans age (4 years older than Cole), Alan hadn't gotten home yet and Cole came in crying with his head all red from being slapped so I handed him a baseball bat and told him to go have some swinging practice then I called Jack, a policeman friend and he came by and picked timothy up. He is now in a Juvie prison for some reason or other.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh boy, that is one lucky doggie. I can't believe he survived all that! That would have scared the he** out of me. Crying for mommie, oh wow. I am gonna steal him. Of course he'd be crying for you the whole time and I'd have to give him back. Smooch that big snotty nose for me would ya!

Yes, that is me, good old Mickey to Ted's Balboa! LOL! I could scrap with the best of them when I was a kid. I grew up on a street of all boys. Not a feminine bone was left in me by the time I was 12. The whole reason my brother started hating me when we were kids is on the way home from school one day a big kid beat up my brother at the corner of our street. I saw what was going on and jumped the kid, beat him up and he ran away. I was in kindergarten, my brother was 3 years older. He was soooo mad at me for beating that kid up. Never forgave me for embarassing him. Sigh!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

LMAO OH Tracy too funny, I just had brothers and have always been a tomboy. I have said over and over that God knew what he was doing when he gave me boys lol. A lil girl would have really hated me cause she would have wanted to be a tomboy and I would have wanted a lil prisspot! Oh well I will prolly have all Grand daughters!!!! I hope at least a couple of them! Your Poor brother though lol but hey lil sisters have to take care of their older brothers eh??? I know I did mine lol and my lil brother but he sticks up for me now lol.

It did scare the he** outta me. and that lil doggie now weighs 110 lbs, hes a bull thats for sure but still a puppy at heart and eyes.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Tracy- My brother still hates me for a similar reason! But it's backwards!
    My hubby & I grew up about 1/8 mile from each other, and when hubby was about 8/9, he and a friend came over to the house, and said.."melissa, get your brother to meet us at the cemetery (between our houses) in 5 minutes". I thought, well, OK. (my brother is younger than me by 4 years, so he was about 6). So we rode our bikes over there, and I just stood there while my future hubby & his friend jumped my brother and took his bike. I didn't KNOW that's what they were gonna do, and I was too chicken to stick up for him (and I really didn't like him at this point, anyway!) They didn't hurt him, just scared him a bit. (and gave his bike back the next day.) Seems that my brother had spit on my future hubby's sister the day before.

Hmmm. So that could explain my brother's personality problems now. And mine too, come to think of it. lol

Oh yeah, and hubby & brother get along GREAT now, BTW.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's pretty sad but you have to teach your kid to stand up and handle this kind of problem. With a fight being the last resort of course but they have to show the other kids that they will only put up with so much from a bully. If they don't handle it on their own then they will be targets for a good long time. Can't stand to see kids fight but sometimes it has to happen.

Can't believe that some parents will let their kids get away with pushing others around though. If I got wind that one of mine was doing that to other kids, oh boy, watch out.

Friend of mine is a teacher and would tell me how bad some of these kids are. She has a million stories about how multiple calls and meetings with parents about bad behavior end up with the parents calling the principle and she is the one to get in trouble. She is told that the parent is going to pull their kid and cause trouble so to just put up with these kids antics! How crazy is that?

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

OHHH Tooo Funny Melissa!!! You grew up with your hubby then! That is soo cool. Poor lil brother, and that was mean of your future hubby to do. I am happy they get along and prolly laugh at it now lol. Isn't it funny how things turn out?

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

That is sad very sad, I really feel for most of our teachers. I am sorry but I do believe in corporal punishment as long as its not excessive. A 2 swat paddeling would do alot of these kids good. NOT a beating. But this time out business for teenagers doesn't cut it. In School Suspension doesn't either, they don't learn anything by that. I really don't know how the teachers do it and I praise Fishy for having them young and teaching them at that age right and wrong. These parents that send their kids to school thinking its up to the teachers to teach them right from wrong and morals need to rethink things. Its supposed to come from home then the teachers are to be secondary not first. I wish ya'll could watch the Houston news any given evening. Its sad. Its in Katy also but Katy I think is stricker (sp). The parents need to let the kids know that they don't bully other kids or teachers. Honestly I would be scared to be a high school teacher. All I can do is pray for them cause if I were one I'd prolly be in jail for popping a childs bullying ways.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Yep, they laugh about it. We've got lots of great stories, since he moved in beside us when he was 7 or so. So we've known each other nearly all our lives.

Oh, yeah...did I mention that I got a good spanking when I got home?? Guess my parents didn't believe that I didn't know what the boys were gonna do to him!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Post a new thread, Tracy!! I promise I won't double post ya this time!! :O)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

After having 4 boys My 1 girlie turned out a priss pot and i was shocked! As a matter of fact we are working on potty training now and tonight she was walking around the house with her dolly and saying " Oh baby need to go potty. Here you go baby, make bubbles, say bye bye pee pee's!" I was rolling! If she is teaching the doll then she better start going for me! LOL!

Parents are at fault 90% of the time when these kids turn out bad. I will admit with my teen it is not always possible to know exactly what they are doing all of the time BUT I certainly know when something is up. You better believe I will find out what it is and do something about it. Last year he did something really bad, no one caught him, I knew that something was up and pushed until I knew what he did. I was the one to let the other pertinent people in on what he did and went along with their decisions on how to handle it. Then imposed plenty of my own punishment to make sure it never happened again.