'Queen Of The Month' *ggwrn*

galium
16 years ago

{{gwi:1299522}}

Myspace Comments

Comments (33)

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

HAppy Birthday Ginger! Hope it's a good one.

Where's everyone that belongs to this group? Where is Ginger?

I'll be working on your box and will post when it goes out.

Maryanne

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Hey, that picture looks exactly like me! This is very exciting. I'm looking forward to checking my mail each day.
    I have had a busy summer/fall filled with emotional events. My flowers have been very pitiful and I have lost several young bushes and trees due to the extremely hot dry summer (no rain predicted for the next 10 days either).
    In August my son (my youngest child) left to go to college. My oldest child (daughter) moved from 5 minutes away to 1 1/2 hours away, and yesterday she got married.
    So your packages will really pick me up!

Ginger

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ginger-So the kids have left the nest. I remember my DS when her last child went off to college. She was inconsolable. Hopefully all of your Birthday Presents will cheer you up. I'm waiting for one more item then I'll put your package in the mail.

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I'm sure the presents will cheer me up. I've actually held up better than I thought I would. It sure is quiet at home though. Except for maybe a week at a time when the kids were at camp or something, this is the first time we have been without kids in the house in 26 years. All three of our children were here starting on Thursday for the wedding on Saturday. The house definitely stays cleaner when it is just me and my husband!

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ginger-Your birthday box is on it's way.

DC# 0103 8555 7493 2166 9358

• snyder
    16 years ago

I sent Gingers box today. Conf # is 0306 1070 0002 9248 7401 Snyder

• monipsych
    16 years ago

Just checking in.... I'll be working on your box.
    Monica

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Mariann,I sent you an email requesting Queen Gingers Address.I know I have it but can't locate it anywhere and I am tired of pulling my hair out so I thought I better ask for it before I'm bald.Could you please email it to me? Thank You!

Queen Ginger... Its your Turn To Sit Back And Receive : )I Hope You Have Really Enjoyable Reign. : )

Nancy

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Does anyone else need Ginger's questionnaire?
    Mariann

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I received a fabulous box from Mariann today. There was a beautiful stained glass butterfly. Lots of flower bulbs: daffodil ice follies, narcissus barrett browning, tulip passionale, Allium sphaerocephalon and crocus remembrance. I can hardly wait to get them all planted. There was also a pair of gardening gloves and an authentic italian salad cookbook. I'll be trying some of the recipes soon.
    Thank you very much Mariann!
    Now if the rest of you can figure out a way to send me some rain that would be great. There has been rain in the area today, but not a drop at my house. I'm hoping maybe we'll get some later tonight.
    Ginger

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I received another great box yesterday. This one was from Ann (snyder). It contained a really pretty angel wind chime, a book on theme gardens (I didn't post last night because I was busy looking at the book), country woman and taste of home magazines, a cute plant stake welcome sign, a picture frame with a hummingbird on it, note cards, a really nice book that I can use for a garden journal, Hershey's mint milk chocolate candy sticks (my husband and I are going to eat those tonight), a rose nightlight and some hibiscus and zinnia seeds. There was also a small can that says mystery greetings on it. A plant is supposed to grow that has the words "I love you" on one of the leaves. I can't wait to see if it really works. I"ll post a picture if it does. There were so many things in the box, I am sure that I am forgetting something. Thank you very much Ann! It was very nice to come home from a long day at work and open a package full of surprises.

I'm still waiting on the rain though :)
    The only good thing about the drought is that our local Lowe's is having to mark down a lot of leftover plants. I have bought a bunch of plants for $1 - $2 and some for 50 cents. I've still got them all in pots though because it is easier to water them when they are all together rather than planted in various spots in the yard. When it finally does rain I'm going to be busy!

Ginger

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I received a package from Nancy (cedarnest) today. Thank You Nancy!! There was a book with 175 different Christmas ideas, a book on making accents for your home and a neat kit for making your own design on a mousepad (actually 2 mouse pads). I can't wait to try this. I just have to decide what pictures to put on them. I'll post a picture when I make them.

Ginger

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

The magic sproutz that Ann sent me has sprouted. Here are some pictures. The last one is the covering of the seed

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Ginger, I used one of those machines in the lobby of the PO to mail your box yesterday and then handed it to the clerk because the line was 40 people long (I kid you not). When I checked the DC# today it didn't come up but I swear it's on its way you should get tomorrow, Friday at the latest, let me know will you?
    DC#0306 2400 0001 3574 9950

Sue G.

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

OK, I'll let you know.

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Ginger,
    Your package went out today. USPS #0307 0020 0004 7460 8027.

Sorry it's a little late!

Deb

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ginger-Sounds like you are getting some great gifts. Fascinating sprout that Ann sent. Of course, I am trying to figure out how it was done. Maybe a laser under a microscope....... I sure do take the fun out of things trying to figure out how they work.LOL

Hope you are having a great birthday month,
    Mariann
    {{gwi:1299526}}

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

A package from Sue was waiting for me when I got home from work last night. It was full of great stuff. There was a cute butterfly to hang on the side of a pot, a calendar, copper plant markers, tulip bulbs, a magnetic note pad, a bird seed scoop/funnel to make it easier to fill birdfeeders. There was also a peanut feeder and a cute little see thru feeder(unfortunately one of the pieces was missing). Two magazines a birds and blooms extra and a wildflower magazine from the Lady Bird Johnson wildflower center (very interesting!). Also a cookbook from the Lake Montezuma property owners association (I love cookbooks like this because you know these are recipes that these people fix all the time). There was also a recipe binder with pages to write in my own recipes. This will be great, I spend a lot of time searching through pages of cut out recipes to find the one I am looking for.
    Thank you very much Sue for the great box!
    Oh, I almost forgot there was a purple lantana plant. It was a little wilted last night, but after some water it looks great this morning.
    Thank you again!

Mariann,
    The seed was done with a laser. I read that either on the package or on the internet.

Deb,
    I'll let you know when your package arrives, don't worry you're not late.

I'm having a great time! It's so much fun opening surprise packages.

Ginger

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I received another great package today from Deb (debbya)
    There were 2 kinds of tulip bulbs & easter lily bulbs. There was also a cute fall themed wind sock and an adorable halloween wall hanging (Did you make it Deb?) I have it hanging in my living room. She also sent Pearberry scented body butter. Thank you Deb!

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Didn't realize we were on page 2.

Ginger hope you've had a good birthday month.

I see you still need to receive a few boxes yet. Just 2 more days until the end of the month ladies.
    Mariann

• snyder
    16 years ago

where did all the birthday people go? According to my records you are about 4 boxes short. Some one copped out and didnt play fair.

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I'm not sure, I did receive an email from Monica saying she will be sending a package.

Ginger

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I emailed Maryanne, Monica and Debbie regarding their boxes a few days ago. I'm glad Monica emailed you Ginger. One never knows what's going on in someone's life. The last thing I want to do is to chase people down. On the other hand a commitment is a commitment. I am hoping that these ladies will follow though.

• monipsych
    16 years ago

As Ginger said I did e-mail her. I do honor my commitments. I'm awaiting an order and I knew Ginger would like a few things I had ordered so I let her know I would be late.
    TY
    Monica

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Monica-Thank you so much for posting. Now I don't have to worry that something happened to you. As I said, I have no way of knowing what's happening in anyone's life. It is so unlike anyone from this group to be out of contact for so long.
    Mariann

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

sorry guys, i've been MIA for various reasons. maybe in about a month's time, i can share why....just keeping my fingers crossed here.

so sorry ginger to be so late - i thought i mailed you one and was just behind for the october - i guess i just never made it to the post office but could have sworn i put a box together. i will get it out and whoever is next or did i miss one before this or after - dang, i am confused. sorry, but i've been off here for a few months that i don't know what's going on anymore - but i have GREAT reason, just can't post about it ... yet!

mariann, please bring me up to speed and send me whatever addresses i need to get my boxes current. so not like me to be this far behind. ginger is septembr? who is october and who is november?

i assume i'm late for september and october and november - i know i didn't want in for december darn...darn...darn....

(mariann....carol sent the dogs after me LOL)

maryanne

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maryanne,
    Thanks for posting. You sound very happy and that is good to hear.
    I sent you an email.
    Mariann

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I received a nice box from Maryanne today. Inside there was a very pretty glass hummingbird feeder, a teacup with flavored teas, some ghirardelli chocolates (I already ate those :) ), recipes cards and a cookbook. Thank you very much for the gifts Maryanne!

Ginger

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

ginger, glad it arrived, sorry it took so long. is that the right type of hummingbird feeder? i was trying to go off your list, but not sure if that is the collectable type.

hope your birthday was wonderful,
    maryanne

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Maryanne,
    The hummingbird feeder is great, I'm sure the hummingbirds will love it.

Ginger

• galium
    Original Author
    16 years ago

What a teriffic box!

• monipsych
    16 years ago

After much procrastination your box is finally in the mail. I hope the wait was worth it. And I hope you enjoy!
    DC # 03050830000129826937
    Monica

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I received a great box from Monica today. There were lots of zinnia seeds (one of my favorite plants), some salvia seeds (another favorite). Lots of gladiolus bulbs, I have never planted any before I can't wait to try them. There were also some tulip and daffodil bulbs. There was a cute tin hanging planter, a recipe book, some european chocolate (very tasty), and some peppermint pot pourri.
    Thank you very much Monica. The seeds were definitely worth the wait. I'll have the prettiest zinnia garden in town :).

Ginger