Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

update: bloomin friends fall foliage swap

earthlydelights
17 years ago

good morning everyone...the other thread reached its max - 150 posts. thought i'd get this one started. hope you don't mind shirley.

As we stand now, taken from shirley's update.

brittneysgran---picked mellen

beth_b_kodiak---picked cedarnest

skohler ---picked number_1_angel

sguanzon ---picked earthly delights

veeja11 ---picked faithinfrogs

mellen ---picked grannymarsh

cedarnest ---picked giverny4me

giverny4me ---picked skohler

lil_green_thumb-picked veeja11

klickitat ---picked lil_green_thumb

irish_rose_grower-picked brittneysgran

number_1_angel-- picked sguanzon

theresa24---------picked amybabyboy3

faithinfrogs-----picked klickitat

earthlydelights--picked theresa24

grannymarsh-------picked debbya

amybabyboy3-------picked irish_rose_grower

debbya -------picked beth_b_kodiak

lunamoon is the only one who has not picked so I will take her also. I don't know how it happened but no one has picked her and she has not picked anyone? If it is ok lunamoon you can send to me and I will send to you. Lord knows I have 100's of things to thin down. I have just started Fall clean up in my beds.

Comments (149)

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Maryanne, I am so full of anticipation - on the edge of my seat - don't go to too much trouble for me!

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Mmmmmmmmmm... pigs feet and ears. We ate those as children (my parents were immigrants and ate those foods when they were kids). Not bad, but I'm not going out of my way to find pig products. LOL

Faithinfrogs... your box will most likely go out tomorrow after I'm done taking an exam. It'll be nice to take my mind off of infectious diseases and such. *grin* Hope you enjoy your goodies as much as I enjoyed picking them out.

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Nancy, glad you liked everything, I was suffering garden exchange angst, was going to send stuff strictly from my garden but I saw that red lantana and I was like, ONE FOR NANCY ONE FOR ME, BABY, I'M ON A MISSION FROM GARDEN WEB. lol. I read your want list that morning and went to store for something else and that lantana was lookin' at me!! It was so wierd cause I never get those things that are healthy AND on sale like Susie does. Same with Shirley's clematis. Usually I will take the clearance stuff home and nurse it back to health. Or compost it.

Hey Miss Carol send that worm this way.

Hey Miss Shirley, I used to do the dirt cupcakes /gummy worms for my kids there is also a dirt trifle, take chocolate cake chunks, cool whip, chocolate pudding, smashed oreo cookies,keep layering till you fill up trifle bowl (or any bowl but glass looks cool) , insert gummie worms on top and finish with cookie crumbs. Refrigerate a couple hours. Scoop out with spoon. (also individual big glasses work well) Adults and kids love this. Have extra worms on the side ...everybody wants their own worm.

Hey Klickitat, my dad used to eat pickled pigs feet too.

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Whenever your ready klickitat. I can't wait to see what goodies are comin my way sometime soon. Good luck on the exam I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors.

My dad talked about eating pickled pigs feet too. OOOeeewww, just the thought. I can handle beets pickeled or pickles themselves but when that kinda stuff is involved I'm headed the other way. Just the thought of it...

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

I think there was a beer accompanying the pigs feet. Or maybe two beers. lol

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Ha! You need beer to go through pig anatomy for dinner as and adult. As a kid we didn't know any better. My hubby would probably pass out if he saw me serving ears or feet for a meal...

Faithinfrogs... Your package is sealed and will go out today. I'm printing out labels to show you which end to open b/c the plants are at the top... hate to see them all smushed up. I went a little crazy today at the store picking up some extras... naturally, I couldn't find one single frog item anywhere. Jeesh.

Here's the confirmation number that'll be on the box: 03051720000098452282

Ta, ladies!

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Just popping by to catch up!
    Shirley - glad you liked your gift! =-)
    It's been getting cooler here - only in the lower 80s and in the 60s at night so I have been trying to clean out some beds and bring things in. Am so blah today =-( would like maryanne's 'goodie jar' LOL.
    HAGDA!
    (have a good day all!)
    ~Kimberly

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Ok all you ladies hopefully this works. Got all my Minnesota Arboritum SECRET GARDENS pics uploaded to webshots hope this works for you guys to see them as they turned out great. My sis Amy is who you see in some of the pics I took. Click on slide show on the right then above the pictures you press play; you can adjust the amount of seconds it stays on each pic from 2 seconds +.
    Enjoy
    Peace
    Char
    My fingers are crossed right now hoping this works so you gals can enjoy what I did that day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Minnesota Arboritum SECRET GARDENS

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Ty so much for sharing!!! those were awesome! from the dahlias-which i love! to the waterfall!!

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Lil greenie your box went out today, conf # 03061070000251390193, Rex is on his way, feed him when he arrives and he likes to be cuddled, maybe you can get dh to do that. Amazing race started in Seattle on this seasons show. I want to do it next year, no eating fish eyes tho.I haven't decided who I want to win yet, don't matter as I am usually wrong anyway, forgot to put the homemade strawberry jam in the box, so I owe you a jam.found it and a book on my desk after the box left. hope you like what I did send. hugs carol

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Ok, I have to admit, I love pickled pigs feet. Lol, I really do. My father got us kids hooked at an early age. I don't eat them very often. Gary finds them quite disgusting. Oh, and I even made them from scratch once!
    Char,
    If we end up going to Minnesota, I'm making Gary take me to the Arboritum. If I have to go all that way to see Garrison Keillor, he can look at plants, lol.
    Maryanne,
    I missed it before, you got a Hansa rugosa rose! That is too weird, but good : )
    Tasty Cakes must be like a regional HoHo and Twinkie company?
    Remy

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

carol-im sure i will like whatever you sent. ty for the heads up........doggie-doodles here would probably love to kiss rex LOL .... DH can definately snuggle with the worm - i have my own room LOL he wont sleep with the doggie and ive had her since she was 9 weeks old (turned a yr old the 8th of sept) and i wont sleep without her.
    so doggie and i have our own room and our own bed!
    TASTY CAKES??? not ever heard of those---ok im gonna make a note that for the next RR someone send me some if ya get me!!!!

~K

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

remy, yes, it was weird, wasn't it. but also pretty neat. thank God i didn't dig one out in the park LOL - could you imagine? then i'd be in the news with sunflower man. so, when you made those pigs feet from scratch, did you slaughter the pig to make them from scratch? did you dry out the ears and give them to the dogs? did you cure the bacon? serve easter ham? pork chops on the grill? please tell! ...poor babe, in the hands of remy...so oinking sad.

kim, if i get ever get you, i'll be sure to send some tasty kakes (K not C) your way. there are many varieties. i could take them or leave them. lol snuggle with the worm...doesn't he already? (slapping myself, sorry...couldn't resist). by the way, found my jar !!!!!

carol, i was trying to pick my favorites - i think i need one more show. i was surprised a team got booted so quickly. i think because they started with so many teams. i think there are more team this year. i don't like the hydraulic leg girl playing her disability though. and i would gag if i had to eat the things they make them do. last year they ended in remy's neck of the woods. i'm waiting for LOST to start.

char, fabulous pictures. what a great day you had and captured so many great shots. how nice to have shared that with your sister.

be well all, happy blooms,
    maryanne

Here is a link that might be useful: tastykake

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Hope all of you get to check out my link to the secret gardens as it was a magnificent day and gorgeous blooms everywhere. They even have a resteraunt with a patio and a learning center, not to mention a on site library of plant books to. Remy if you come here to MN I say definately go to the MN Arboritum it is well worth it and gorgeous. If Gary won't go with ya I sure will.
    Has or is Rex getting a new home? I'm sure he'll love his new home no matter where he ends up. I'm all choked up, poor little guy is probably scared sh__less with all the trips he's been on lately. Don't want to stop that process or he won't be as beneficial to your garden when he arrives. HA HA HA
    Peace
    Char

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

I can't wait to get the package Klickitat. Waiting here ever so patiently, not. Hard when I'm so excited with anticipation of the goodies box on it's way to me.
    Thanks bunches, I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.
    Char

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Morning girls! Well, my plans to start a new gardening project seems to be delayed by the rain. :( Suppose it can start tomorrow... it's got to get started this week b/c by the weekend, hubby will need an area cleared of plants to replace a section of fencing that's in bad shape.

Char - I really hope you have fun digging through the box. It's full of polar bear poop so be prepared for a HUGE mess.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sue g, confirmation 03050830000377450045
    be careful lifting it LOL
    hope everything arrives safe and sound.

be well all, happy blooms
    maryanne

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Oh my gosh Maryanne - "be careful lifting it" - did you send me that elephant I've been asking Santa for? LOL! You shouldn't have.

Anticipation is going to kill me. .. . you're a dear!

• veeja11
    17 years ago

your own bedroom !!! I like to snuggle, so I'd pick dh over dog, actually I have. darn I found a worm in my bucket, it could be that I didn't get rex in the box. sorry greenie, if he does not arrive I am sorry, I know you were looking forward to him. I got to use the car today so went shopping, got cute haloween stuff for my oct trade boxes and the last two of my sept I need to get out. went to look at tasty cakes, can't remember what kind Beth turned me on to tho. asters are blooming now and trumpet lillies. hugs carol

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

LOL Maryanne! I guess I should of been more specific: ) I started with raw feet in a pkg. Not as bad as slaughtering a pig, but it does sound gross doesn't it? lol.

Char,
    That does sound like a good idea to dump Gary off somewhere and go with you : )
    Remy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My package went out today for Marsha! USPS #0305 0830 0004 1524 2052.

I hope everything travels well!

Deb

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Shirley~ Your box went out today. Hope you enjoy it!

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Char - I finally had time to look over your photos. How beautiful! You're so fortunate to be able to have such a lovely place to visit. I haven't been to an arboretum since the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens many, many years ago. *sigh*

Hmmm... seems your package doesn't have any updates. I hope it isn't sitting in the post office here in GA! LOL

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

POLAR BEAR POOP!!! How come nobody asked about "PBP?" Klickitat do you have a connection at the zoo or is there a PBP dealer on some dark corner...??? Hmmmm.

Carol, got angel trumpets blooming here in FL too. Wish I had asters I think its too warm yet.

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Polar Bear Poop, aged I hope so I can use it in the garden, I'm sure its like gold in value to any gardener and if it's anything like my Lolas (the loppy ear bunny of ours). I'll be pleased no matter what Klickitat. HA HA HA, You gals are too funny.
    We are blessed by only being a short distance about 35 min. drive from the Arboritum so if anyone is ever coming here to Minneapolis or surrounding area let me know and we'll plan to go there. Won't be long and the gardens will be down for the winter. They got going fall events that do with Halloween and the Apple productions this time of year. In St Paul they also have the Como Zoo and it's conservatory and Japanese Garden but I haven't gotten around to going there in quite awhile. When the kids were little I used to go there for picnics and such at least 3 times a week. That was loads of fun too.
    Can't wait till the package arrives, I love the excitement. Sometimes when they say snail mail I think they mean slug. hee hee.
    Peace
    Char

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

maryanne-Oh my those tasty cakes look yummy. I'm starving now.

lunamoon-oh boy can't wait until that package gets here. Will let you know when it does. Love the little Fall icon.

Char-Loved your pictures. Thanks for sharing those with us. Would love to visit there some day.

maryellen--thank you so much for a wonderful packed swap box. i'm so excited about the hostas and coneflowers. hosta captain kirk has been on my want list for a long long time. I love it all and now have all my decorations out. I love Fall of the year. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your garden with me and all the special Fall items.

HOSTAS
    BLUE GIANT
    FRAGRANT DREAMS
    ST. ELMOS FIRE
    CAPTAIN KIRK

CONEFLOWER
    DOUBLE DECKER
    WHITE SWAN
    MAGNUS
    SEEDS:KIMS KNEEHI
    TULIPS - APRICOT BEAUTY

HANGING DRIED FLOWER ARRANGEMENT
    ACORN MAN FIGURINE
    SCARECROW FIGURINE
    PUMPKIN & SQUASH ORNAMENTS
    PUMPKIN PIE CANDLE
    CANDY CORN CANDLE
    CUTE NOTEPAD

I went through mary ellens trade list and saw all these plants that I was interested in. She had extras and I'm so very happy.

Shirley

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Hi ladies. I'm taking a break from studying. Have to take the pup to the vet soon and my brain is hurting from all the thinking.

Have I thanked LilGreenThumb for the addendum to her GINORMOUS package!!!??? A couple of days ago a cute package arrived with some autumn leaf kitchen towels and pot holders! You're soooo awesome, LGT!!! Thank you!

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Its here, yeah. Yippy I got a biggen. So big and your right polar poop everywhere. I was able to dig in to get to the goodies though, good thing PBP is light and fluffy. I just love everything sooooo much, I thank you Jules/klickitat. I recieved 3 different types of ferns, my fav being the 'japanese painted' fern. Their gorgeous once they get established. Even a 'ghost' fern (boo halloween related?), a foamy bells 'bridget bloom' heucherella, love it. Some Dutch Iris 'mauve queen' I bet the blooms on these are going to be just beautiful. I got a bunch of scrapbook stuff that I can definately use mini punches, stickers, a fall stamp block and embellishments to boot. I love it all so much. Then she included some mango body butter that smells sooooo gooooood. 2 fizz balls for the bath (romantic sweet pea). If my daughter gets a whif of how good these smell I'll have to fight her off so she don't use them. Two pumice sponges, you can never have to many of those and a 'moroccan spice' candle thats lit right now as we speak. I thank you bunches Jules for all you enclosed and I know the plants will look great in my shade garden I'm filling. I like the frogs on the address label as well, that was a perfect touch to personalize the box. Your GREAT.
    Peace
    Char

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Did your kitties find the gifts I enclosed for them? :) You do have cats in the house... right? (eek!)

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Hi everyone! Did you know that you get MAJOR withdrawls from not being able to post on GW? Whoa! :-)
    I'm so happy to be able to post again.

Wow, some GREAT boxes being sent/received this month! Excellent job Shirley on your first official RR!

Carol - I can't believe you sent Rex off all alone! You really should have sent him along with a traveling partner ;-)

Jules - You cracked me up with the polar poop :-)

number1 angel - I have been trying to send you an e-mail, but it keeps bouncing back. If you could e-mail me, maybe my response will go thru?

We had our first official frost here last night. Got all my tropicals and houseplants in just in the nick of time. Neighbors probably thought we had lost it, out there with flashlights and wheelbarrows, LoL.
    Then we threw tarps over everything else. Quite colorful though. Brown tarp here, blue tarp there, green tarp here and there, LoL.
    No more tomatoes this year :-(.
    With this chilly air, I am itching to WS. DD keeps thinking it's time to start decorating for Christmas, ha!
    I can't believe that 2006 is almost over. I can't believe that I turned 35! 2 weeks ago. Where does time go? I'm just starting to learn that we have to cherish every single moment, whether it be big or small. Things that once were trivial now seem to meaningful.

I really hate to post this here, but I don't know what to do otherwise. I am to understand that I sent a less than desirable box out. I would sincerely like to apologize, from the bottom of my heart. I would LOVE to send a replacement box out. I'm just not sure to whom I need to send it to. If you would please e-mail me, I will get everything together and sent promptly. I know that I have been very unorganized these last few months, and I feel ashamed and embarrassed.I am finally getting back on track with everything, and things are starting to look up again here. I would really like to make this up to whom ever I let down.

I look forward to being apart of this WONDERFUL group of gals again. I have missed you all. Oh, and Welcome! to the new gals. I look forward to getting to know each of you.

Hugs to all, Tina

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Oh yeah, I just noticed that the kitty toys I forget to write in the list and the 2 wonderful scarecrow pics that found a home with my azalea in the dining area of the house. Sorry Klickitat/Jules. Yes, I have 2 puddy tats one is Lucky whom I call Lux and the other is Kal. Lucky loves the pig he's had it all over the house already and Kal scoots and bats the green toy around from here to there like the cat nip is drivin him wild. To cute to see how they play. I know they are pleased and glad that I had you to recieve the goodies box from. Thanks BIG OL BUNCHES JULES for all you enclosed and look forward to trading with you sometime in the very near future.
    Peace
    Char

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Carol-my box arrived yesterday. had to wait til later in the evening to open it. had a major headache. Told hubby his new bed partner was in it. LOL! What an awesome box you sent! I love the hat!! ty so much! ok other than the hat my box had a little decorative birdhouse which is on a shelf in my kitchen now, a book 'Seed Sowing and Saving' which is perfect! this will be my first year sowing (and WS) and hopefully collect my first seeds next year. There was big clumps of plants!-hope i dont miss listing any! (If i get any names wrong let me know)--columbine wink...iris-3 or 4 unknown, Artic Fancy, Honey Glazed....Daylily -Insenescence...ty so much carol for a wonderful box! I love irises and look foward to these blooming!! I do have a question-its getting in the 40s at night here and in the 70s rest of the week. Will they be okay to plant outiside? We will probably have our first frost in about 4 more weeks. I unwrapped Insenescence and squealed OOOOOO a daylily! DH says it is not. He said the leaves are humongous-i had to google it and show him! I hope i didnt leave anything off!! Rex says 'Hi'- Or could this be his twin Brutus? Ã

Jules-Glad to know the towels arrived-I was going to use them as packaging to start with....put in that airbag and forgot i took them out!.......

Tina -- Hi! oooo frost already! i have to bring my last couple of houseplants in today. probably wont be long til we get one also.

~K

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

OOPs forgot to add the seeds
    Carol also sent me seeds-Giant organic Marigolds,purple lantana(which i wanted from walmart but they didnt have but one scraggly plant!),and English Shrub Rose! Ty so much!
    *i am also ready to start WS! am excited!*

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

Hello everyone!
    hope you are all doing well :)
    By the looks of all these fun posts, you seem to be having a great time!
    I just want to tell you i have a NEW E-MAIL addy, ( too much spam on my old one)
    My new e-mail is:
    DancingMoons@techemail.com
    Have a great day!
    Blue Skies!
    Trish
    (DancingMoons)

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Hi all. I'm at work right now just wanted to stop in quick to say,

Amy -- I'm a bit behind. Your box is 1/2 ready. I have to dig a bunch of plants for you. I should have them ready to go out to you by Monday the latest. I hope you understand and will be patient. I already have some goodies all ready for you (and the 2 boys :-).

Tina, so glad to hear from you kiddo. Happy belated birthday!! 35, your a youngster :-) I'm glad your still with us! Welcome back ;-)

Have a great day everyone
    Maureen

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Greenie I'm glad you liked your box, and your poor dh has someone to snuggle with it is rex I have his twin brother here. I need you to post a pic of you standing in your hat, my dh is gonna put them all togeather, so we are all in a group photo, although I didn't make me a hat. my soil is good and daylillies get large here. I love having a partner that posts that she received, so I don't have to worry if it made it. thankyou for being the perfect pal hugs carol

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Greenie I think the 4 unknown are daylillies not iris, if each plant has multiple roots it is days, one large root is iris the columbine is winky, I would plant them maybe cover for first frost, I thought I put a candle in there, sorry if I forgot it. dh covered my tomatos in plastic I got 8 ripe ones today. dh likes to put them in a giveaway box at his work, people like the organic flavor, he likes the kudos. anyone else hate that head on commercial, that one and rachel ray one drive me nuts, I wanna shoot rachel ray.hugs to all carol

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Hi All. My turn to brag on Amy. She sent me the most wonderful box! It included an ingenious flashlight/hoze nozzle which is great for me. I am so busy this season that I don't have time to water during the day. And then there's Florida summers when the best time to be outside is night time. It will definitely come in handy. Thanks so much Amy.
    She ALSO sent:
    Butterfly weed
    Two types of Coreopsis
    Hydrangea (I love Hydrangea and had one die this year...its been so dry for us. So it will be a good replacement)
    Some HUGE glad bulbs
    AND an ORCHID TREE! I am so happy with this. I recently saw one for the first time at our local daylily farm but hadn't had the chance yet to add it to my wants list!
    She also sent some cute scarecrows that will make a nice arrangement with the fall gourds she sent.
    And to top that all off, two garden books that I don't have yet!!! One is specific to Florida! How thoughtful Amy. I will be reading them tonight at football practice.
    Thanks so much, again, for your generosity.
    Theresa

Also, sorry for the delay but hostess gift IS going out Monday!

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Theresa,
    I'm so glad that you liked everything. I had so much fun sending it to you and I wanted it to be special. Hope you have a wonderful Fall. Your pal, Amy

Maureen, I'm so excited and appreciate your thoughtfulness. Amy

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

carol , i hear you about that head on commercial, it drives me nuts, and as perky as rachel ray is you can have her. while we were on vacation, everytime i turned on the cooking channel (i don't have cable at home, but i love cooking shows), she was on - either a commercial or one of her shows. my niece loves her, so i could never turn it off. it is wonderful to get fresh grown veggies. i always took stuff to work, church, shared with neighbors or a local kitchen and people just love it. nothing like it. i had more tomatoes than i knew what to do with last year, i put in 62 plants. this year, i only did 12.

remy and sue are the only ones to model their hats so far. come on girls, lets see them. and carol, get cracking on one for yourself!

by the way, is polar bear poop cotton balls?

sue (squaz) i hope that box got there today, i'm so scared for the plants.

i left work early today to do something extremely exciting to me ... go get free mulch! i love it. i filled up all kinds of containers and then my brother-in-law met me there and he has a truck, so we shoveled a bunch into his truck bed. got to love when all those bags of leaves and chipped trees and horse and cow poop get turned into black gold. this is the first year i am not paying for it. i usually spend a good deal of money to have it delivered to me, but not this year. there's a zillion piles of it for the taking.

anyone watching dancing with the stars? i could just suck the dimples right off that mario lopez's face. he's quite yummy.

one of the dogs needs her nails clipped and won't let me do it. a couple of them are so long. the other dog bites hers - i never saw anything like it. you should hear how loud it is. blew me away the first time.

all the boxes sent and received are just wonderful. it's nice to hear all the enthusiasm and appreciation. i said it before, i'll say it again, we are certainly a fine group!

good night all.

be well, happy blooms,
    maryanne

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Carol- i thought the unknowns looked like daylilies but wasnt positive. and no candle but thats okay! btw i forgot to mention the baggie full of bulbs!!! ty for sending such a great box!

Maryanne-my dog Jorja bites her toenails on one foot. she has since she was about 5 months old. Never heard of or had one of my dogs do that so i asked the vet. she said some dogs just have a foot fetish, some do it because they like their nails short, and a few even do it when they are bored. LOL i said well maybe she just picked up my habit of biting my fingernails.

DH says he is so glad i am having such fun with all of you!
    I just started working on things for the October swap!

Have a great night all!
    ~K

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

ItÂs taken me a while to regain my composure, IÂve been oohing and ahhing and Ohhhhhing for the last three hours.

I came home to find the most gigantigous box in front of my door. YouÂre right Maryanne it WAS heavy! LOL!

And I understand the 10th day now --- I canÂt wait to follow all the instructions and share with friends! (bet you all wonder what IÂm talking about huh?)

First: AvaÂs Halloween bag:
    Healing Garden Mandarin Therapy Radiance and Renewal Body Soak
    Pony tail holders (needs these badly!)
    Scooby Doo stickers
    Pumpkin carver (we were just looking for ours getting ready for Halloween  canÂt find it)
    Book covers in cool teen colors
    An activity journal with stickers  sheÂs gonna love this!
    A mini note pad in the letter "A"
    All inside a cute Halloween bag yellow with pumpkin face

And I got:

Garden magnet
    Pot Sitter butterflies
    Notepads with my name  how cool is that!
    A Sunset Container Gardening Book  I so very much wanted a book on container gardening, never have had one!
    A wonderful yummy loaf  is it Banana nut?
    Glow in the Dark window clings perfect for Halloween decorating
    A big Milk Chocolate Toffee Crunch Ball
    A gnome waving at me from the bottom of the box!

And then there were the plants! Oh my golly gosh! (And they had beautiful copper markers with them)and Maryanne don't worry they were all in fine shape. Can you email me and let me know if any of them need special care? Should I keep them all in part shade?

Several gingers (in cute little halloween bags)
    Two daylilies  Sunday Silence and Luxury Lace  canÂt wait to see them bloom next year! Put them with the rest of my growing collection.
    Elephant ears, Black Magic
    Dusty miller plant (I think that's what it's called)
    Little Lemon Goldenrod
    Blue Salvia
    Caladium "Tom Tom"
    Eupatorium Rugosa Chocolate (IÂve always wondered what this looked like in person, have never seen it around here but I hope it will do well)
    And a plant that looks like a begonia but couldnÂt find a tag for it. Is it a begonia?

Thanks for being a wonderful friend Maryanne. Everything was so thoughtful and kind and IÂm really really touched. IÂve never received such a nice box, I donÂt think.

Have a wonderful Fall!

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sue, I'm glad everything arrived in decent shape. I was a mess putting that box together. I had everything sealed up ready to go in a different box and then there was leakage. When I opened it, I realized I never plastic wrapped the roots. What the heck was I thinking? So then I had to find another box. (Did you notice that box was turned inside out?) I worry about how long they sit in the post office and/or the delivery trucks. I went to a PO near my job, which I have never used before, and the clerk gave me a hard time about plants being in a box without holes in it to breath, etc., etc., and I placed the confirmation sticker in the wrong place ~~ did you know it's supposed to be to the left of the address label? GET A LIFE POSTAL BOY oh, the lessons you learn! lol

I'm sure all the plants need a good root soaking and each of them should do well in sun, shade or partial and should be good for your climate. Yes, that is a begonia (an unknown to me) I thought I tagged it but go figure. And it is a dusty miller. I just love them as accent plants. That goldenrod just gets the most gorgeous tight little yellow flowers. It gets real big -- did ya notice? LOL i think the dusty miller makes a nice companion plant to istaccent plant for it.

That was a very nice compliment as well, Sue, I appreciate it. I try to put together nice boxes. From what everyone has been posting on the received end, it appears we all take pride in sharing what we have with each other.

It really is a privilege to be a part of this fantastic group. I look forward to the bulb swap too. I might say I'm a little anxious for that one.

Be well all, happy blooms!
    Maryanne

p.s. hi trish, nice to see ya again. hope you get back with us soon for a swap here and there. hope all is well in your life these days and you are taking care of yourself! good thoughts sent your way.

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Thanks for your thoughtfulness and for your advice as well, Maryanne. Ava was thrilled with her "stuff" when she came home from the football game last night. I think she sometimes thinks her Mom's gardening passion is "weird" but now she'll think differently.

Forgot to ask, there were two bulb-like plants in the bottom of the box with the gingers, but loose. Do you recall what those were?

Thanks again.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hmm, two bulb like plants. were they loose? everything seems to be accounted. i'll have to see if i made any list when i get home. the only other thing i can remember sticking in there when the box was sealed was a postcard. the only things that weren't wrapped, so to speak, were the gingers and i put them in the little goodie bags. now i'm all kinds of confused.

oh, and to answer your question, sue. the bread is what is on the directions. i tried to keep everything together. this way you can see what it is and then take it from there.
    if you don't want to follow all the directions, then just skip the day section and start. make sense?

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

They were loose in the box and they look like onions (sort of) did any of the gingers have foilage - maybe that's them.

Duh, I should have known about the bread, thanks.

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Jenell-I got your fantastic box yesterday. Oh my what wonderful things I found in that box.
    Blue Eyed Grass
    Iris Sibirica Viluihn
    Aurina Saxatills-Basket of Gold
    Lily-Mona Lisa
    Daylily-Little Grapette
    Hosta-Emerald Eyes
    Great Blue Lobelia
    Fall Plates and Napkins to match
    Hanging Wire Basket
    Russell Stover Pumpkin Chocolates
    Thank you so very much Jenell I loved everything and can't wait to get all the plants planted in their new home. I needed the hosta Emerald Eyes to finish up a hosta bed I started.
    I was going to seperate some other hostas to fill the empty spots but now want have to. I love lilies and did not have Mona Lisa. I love trying new plants that I do not have. Thanks for picking out such wonderful things for me. Hope you have a wonderful Fall thanks again.

Carol-Thank you for the wonderful hostess box I received.
    Carol sent:
    Butterfly/Flower Candle Holder with the candles
    Notes with my name on them(Just love these)
    Bloomin Friends Hat(Will get my picture sent to you)
    Daylily-Spacecoast Sunburst (I did not have this one...Thank you so veryyyyyyyyy much)

UPDATE::::::
    These have received their Sept. boxes so far.
    number_1_angel (JEANETTE)
    giverny4me(SUSAN)
    klickitat (JULES)
    veeja11 (CAROL)
    beth_b_kodiak (BETH)
    earthlydelights (MARYANNE)
    mellen (MARY ELLEN)
    cedarnest (NANCY)
    irish_rose_grower (MAUREEN)
    debbya-(DEB)
    lunamoon (JENELL)
    faithinfrogs (CHAR)
    lil green thumb (KIMBERLY)
    theresa24 (THERESA)
    sguanzon (SUE)
    brittneysgran (SHIRLEY)

Still waiting for these to receive: Be sure to post if you have your swap box.

skohler
    grannymarsh
    amybabyboy3

Shirley

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Grannymarsh's box arrived on Friday. I hope Marsha was pleased with all the plants!

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 0830 0004 1524 2052

Your item was delivered at 2:01 pm on September 22.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sue (sguanzon) -- i just want to bring to your attention i that although dusty miller might be considered an annual, the plant i sent you is 5 years old. they come back to me year after year - i've never had one die and they are all over my property in all sizes.

just needed to bring that to your attention just in case (it didn't sit well with you or anyone else).

maryanne

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Maryanne, that's fine. It likely will be more like a perennial here too. I believe I see them year round. We only get below freezing three or four times during the winter.