Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall Sweep RR

Posted by kmpsmom 7/DC Suburbs (aba563@aol.com) on
Sun, Sep 7, 08 at 9:26

In looking at my seed stash, I know that I have way too many seeds that I'm not going to use. Please join me for a Fall Sweep RR - send 25 packs of seeds, marked with name of seed, GW name and you will receive 25 different packs. Please try to keep age of seeds to 2008 and 2007, and no more than two packs of each variety so everyone gets a good selection. Send me an email to let me know you're interested at aba563@aol.com. The closing date for participation will be 9/30/08. Thanks! Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall Sweep RR

I would like to join your swap.

Sent you an email.

dem_pa

o

Thanks Dem_Pa! I know there are lots of other swaps going on so hopefully there are more who want to join!

o

I would love to sweep my stash. So many pretties, so little time. Lets find them good homes.

o

I would like to play!
Alana

o

OK - so far I've got Dem_PA, Squirrel Girl and Poison Dart Frog. Come on out! I know there are more out there!

o

yep..me too..I have more seeds than room!!

o

Hi I'd like to be counted in too. I am just starting with my seed collecting and trading, but it is an addictive hobby. So, I am sure that I can manage 25 packets of seeds from my newly started but already good-sized stash. This sounds like a good RR to start with.

o

I too would like to join in on this one! Thanks, Melinda

o

OK - I've emailed suecirish and ilovefarac - Linda, if you want in on this email me! I'm sure we can find more seeds for you!

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 7, 08 at 21:05

Count me in! I would love to join this swap!

Rhonda

o

Thanks Rhonda. Looks like we've got 7 so far. Any other takers?

o

hello
I would love to join this one
thanks for hosting
michelle

o

Oh yeah! Count me in. I'm new, but I'm getting a lot of seeds in trades and from the money I planted in the yard this spring. LOL

o

Please sign me up!
Thanks,
Andrea
Appaloosa909

o

Hey Ann! You can add me too!:)
~Angie

o

Ann, sign me up, too.

Becky

o

Me too me too!

Diana

o

sign me up too.
Lisa

o

ok me too, can't resist a good seed swap!

2007 & 2008 seeds aplenty!

Frances

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 10, 08 at 20:14

me too!

:)

25 is a nice number isnt it?

o

Please sign me up too!!!
Thanks,
Maggie

o

Count me in too. Need to do some cleaning out.

o

Ann,
My package is in the afternoon mail.
Thanks for hosting,
Alana

o

Do we mail our seeds to you or are you pairing us up?

o

I want in

o

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far - it looks like there are at least 20 people involved. Please mail your seeds before the end of the month. It will hopefully only take me a week to do the turn-around and get the new seeds to you. If you have not yet heard back from me via my personal email account, please email again. aba563@aol.com

o

If it's not too late, I would love to join!

Ginger

o

Seeds are in the mail!

o

If it is not too late to join I would love to try. I have never done a swap before, but have been saving seeds this year and I have enough to make a swap. Please let me know the details and if I can still join in the fun. I will send you an email as well.
Thanks
Kathy

o

Please sign me up.
lisa

o

Room for another trader? Please let me know
Thanks,
George

o

If it's not too late, I'd love to join in! I can get my seeds out this week.

o

If you would like to join in please make sure you send me an email by the end of the week (9/19). That should give you enough time to mail them before the end of September. If I have not yet emailed you to give you my address, please send me another email at aba563 @ aol.com. So far we have about 26 people. That should make for a great mix of seeds.

o

Please sign me up also!

Molanic

o

Seeds went out in the mail this morning. Thank you for host!

o

Hi Ann,
My seeds are on their way - they were sent in this morning's mail.
Sue

o

Thanks to everyone who's already mailed seeds and/or let me know. Really looking forward to also sharing my goodies with everyone so I can make room for more seeds!

o

hello
my seeds went out this morning
thanks
michelle

o

My seeds are all packed up and ready to go! :)
They would be in the mail right now,but I am out of large bubble envies! :O
I will post when they are in the mail!
Thanks again for doing this Ann,this should be a great swap! :)

o

My package of 25 is on the way.
You excited?
I'm excited.
Peace
George

o

My eBay sniping habits are hard to break; I held out until the last day. ;] Please sign me up? Thanks in advance.

Terri
:]

o

I've received 7 packages so far and look for the others soon. I can't wait to add additional seeds from my own stash to each - sorry but I have too many!! :-)

o

I'm packing mine up this weekend, and will have them in the mail on Monday!
Thanks,
Etravia

o

"I can't wait to add additional seeds from my own stash to each - sorry but I have too many!! :-)"

LoL...Oh Ann not you too? :)

o

this sounds fun~~
may I join too?

o

My packet of seeds is on its way to you.
Thanks
Kathy

o

Sun, Sep 21, 08 at 0:15

Mine are all ready and will be sent off Monday.

Thanks!

Rhonda

o

I'm mailing mine out tomorrow (monday). Thanks for letting me join in!

o

OK so far I've gotten about 1/2 of the seeds promised. Remember to mail out your seeds before 9/30. If you need to drop out just let me know, no pressure. Cheers and happy gardening, Ann

o

It's in the mail woo hoo!!! My first round robin!!

o

This is my first one too. Ain't it great?!?! I think this is a fantastic one to get us started!

o

I hope I'm not too late. Sent you an email!
Thanks,
Andrea

o

Alright, it's finally starting to feel like fall and we've got lots of seeds coming in. Can't wait to send them out to everyone!

o

My seeds will be in the mail first thing in the morning. You would think one bubble envy would be an easy thing to remember while at the store....nope!...lol..They are in the envy and ready to go! Cant wait to see the interesting mix we will get! :)

o

Still feeling a bit like summer here temp/humidity-wise, but seeds were sent on their way this morning... :]
Terri

o

I just put mine in the mail today.

o

Put mine in the mail today.

o

mine will go out on Monday..I forgot to put my name on each envie..duh!

o

My seeds are also going out Monday am. Sorry such a procrastinator but had to work several doubles and 12's this week! But they will be on there way! Melinda

o

my bubble was mailed yesterday!

o

Hopefully everybody's seeds are in the mail so I can get these seeds out of my house. My poor husband thought I was keeping all of them and was ready to have me committed. He was SOOOO much happier when he found out they were all leaving and more of my own as well. Thanks to everyone for being part of this RR.

o

I'm late, but they are on the way Ann. Sorry!

Diana

o

Oops!! Usually when a swap deadline is posted here, the closing date mentioned is the actual last date to send, not the date that's one day too late to send... so I got confused. :(

I've been very busy with harvest season and schoolwork. Had not been following this thread, so I missed the post that said "Remember to mail out your seeds before 9/30."

I had honestly taken the very first post which said "closing date for participation 9/30" to mean that mailing them today (9/30) would also be OK.

I wanted to pack & mail my seeds over the recent weekend to have 'em in the mail a couple days before 9/30. Couldn't do it sooner than that, because quite a few of my seeds weren't even ripe enough to harvest till Friday.

Nature sure has been uncooperative with me... Not just because of the later-than-usual seed ripening, either.

On Fri. I got hit with a yucky case of the flu which had me incapacitated till this morning!! :(

My seeds are in the mail, as of today.

I apologize for my confusion, and for delays due to uncooperative natural forces in my area.

o

Did you email to let us know that you got the seeds? Or can you post. Just want to be sure they got there. Thanks!

o

I will try to post the last names of those people whose seeds I have received - have to do that because not everyone put their GW names on the packages. If you do not see your name please email me and let me know when the seeds went out. If I remember correctly I have about 21 packages. Later, Ann

o

OK, I'm packing up and am mailing today the following packages (please forgive me but I'm using last names only):
Layton, Brady, Reynolds and Strassman. More will get mailed out later but these I'm putting in the mail right now.

o

Here are the packages that I am mailing this morning: Moyer, Hammons, Scatlin, Banks, Sheets

Becky Marcus - I was packing up yours this morning and accidently in my sleep deprived brain scratched out your address. Could you please resend? I can't find your email or I would have emailed you directly, sorry. Ann

o

I'm so excited I could pee my pants! Heehee!

Diana

o

Mailing out 4 more packages: Mazzarella, Matney, Strock and Logsdon

More to follow...

o

These packages will go out tomorrow: Gainey, Hatfield, Hagen, Sandoval, Walter, Clement, McGowan, Christopher, Drance.

Doing the happy dance that I've shared lots of my own stash with everyone. Thanks for participating! Ann

o

is it done?

o

Yeah, I am excited and will have something great to look forward to! Melinda

o

Hi Ann,

Your last post sound like your done, but I don't see my name anywhere. Did you get the seeds I sent to you?

Thanks!
Diana

o

Sorry for the confusion, I have just a few more packages which I'm packing up today. All should be in the mail by tomorrow. So keep an eye out!

The ones mailed today are: Yit Bien, Lescota, Fisher, Nicolai, Ruzicka, Smith

o

OK, here are the last packages that are ready to go. If I don't have your name listed on the last few posts then I never got your package. The last names are, drum roll, please: Greene and Marcus!!

Now I can officially say,thank you for participating in this round robin. I am so happy that I could host and share lost of my own stash with all of you! Thanks, Ann

o

Thanks so much for your hard work, Ann. Now you really can take a nap! :)

o

;)

Oh well, I guess my package never arrived! too bad that there wasn't some indication of this earlier on. I mailed on Spetember 13th! (perhaps there were no seeds appropriate for me) I usually include a note saying not to send me any if there are noneapropriate to my conditions.

o

*Applauding the hostess, I hand her a nice thank-you bouquet of flowers and pretty foliage from my garden.*

o

Applause all around! Thank you for letting me know! I was glad to learn my seeds did not get lost!

Big round of applause indeed! I don't know how you all cope with hosting these swaps, but I am very glad that you do!

Frances

o

WOOHOO! Thank You Ann! You're the BOMB! I never thought I would be so glad to see my name! LoL

o

What an exciting next few days!

I'm getting a package from Angie this weekend, my monarch chrysalis is getting ready to open and I'm going to be getting new seeds!

Thanks again Ann - your efforts are appreciated!

Diana

o

Ann, I received my seeds today and had a lovely time browsing through them over my tea...now..if it was only spring!..."L"

o

I just received my seeds today from the swap,a great selections I received. Thanks Lisa

o

Got mine today as well, nice and varied! Thanks for the seeds peeps, and thanks for hosting Ann!
Terri :]

o

I received my seeds today!
Thanks so much for hosting Ann!

Andrea

o

I hope everyone gets their packages over the next few days and that everyone is happy with the mix. I tried hard to follow any requests, not all were possible, but hopefully everyone got something that they liked. Happy gardening to all! Ann
P.S. Try Winter Sowing if you haven't already. It was WAY cool last year and I can't wait for the winter to start on next year's plants.

o

My seeds arrived today and I was delighted with the mix and different kinds. Thanks so much for hosting and for coordinating the swap, Ann. It was great fun. I can't wait to try winter sowing for the first time.
And thanks to all who contributed seeds for my stash!
Sue

o

Woo Hoo Ann!!!!!!! :D (*BIG smiles*)
I just got my envy today! Thanks so much to everyone that sent in,there are some great seeds in there! :)
And thank you Ann,for hosting such a great swap! Count me in on the next!:)
~Angie

o

Got my package today too. Thanks so much for a great variety!

o

My seeds arrived today, great selection

THanks for hosting this great swap!

Frances

o

My seeds arrived today. It was fun checking each seed packet. Great variety. Thanks Ann for hosting a great swap.

dem_pa

o

My BONANZA of seeds arrived today!!!! It was like a LoLLapaLooza! Everything was so pretty plus I learned some things. Thanks everyone and Ann for the cornucopia!!

o

Sat, Oct 11, 08 at 20:02

My seeds arrived today! My evening will be spent oohing over all the bounty. Thanks for hosting and thanks to everyone for such a great variety.

Rhonda

o

I got my seeds today! Thanks for hosting this round robin and thanks to everyone who contributed!

o

Mine made it safe & sound today too! It's always so fun to go through a nice fat batch of seed! Thank you to everyone, and especially to our great host!
Maggie

o

I got my seeds yesterday Ann - thanks so much for the great selection!

Everyone sent in some really great stuff - thanks for your generosity!

Diana

o

I got my seeds yesterday. Thanks Ann, for hosting this swap and thanks to all the senders! I recieved a nice assortment.
Alana

o

I received my seeds, too. Thanks for a great round robin, Ann.

Becky

o

Thanks Anne and everyone who participated. A great bunch of seeds.
Peace
George

o

Hi Ann- thanks for the great swap. I do need to get in touch with the person that sent the Filipino Black LIma Beans. I see the caution on the package and would like more information please. Thanks-Lisa

o

Thanks so much. Received mine today. Holy cow. :)

o

Received my seeds today. Thanks so much!

o

I received my seeds today. I got several things I have been looking for. Thanks for hosting, and thanks to everyone who sent seeds.

Ginger

o

hello
my seeds came wile I was out of town last week, but they are here safe and sound.
thanks for the hard work, and I hope you found a few "gems" for yourself.
happy planting
michelle

o

I'm on edge with anticipation. :) Can hardly wait for my seeds to arrive! [Things do take a bit longer to get to Hawaii.]

o

Yes, I am also on edge with the anticipation! It has been a week and still no seeds! I am so waiting to see what I rec'd! Melinda

o

I am still waiting! They haven't arrived yet! It hasn't been returned to you has it? Melinda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here