Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faithinfrogs

NEW: Our Bloomin Friends / photo's or graphics

faithinfrogs
17 years ago

Just starting a new thread to see if I know what I'm doing when it's my time for hosting... May 2007. Does anyone have any frog graphics or photos they can share with me. Always looking and I'm working on setting up a website for myself. Loads of research getting done on photos or graphics so any ideas are welcome and greatly appreciated. I love flower/plant pics with frogs in them as a bonus, especially if it's your own personal collection photo you've taken. Some of them are just to cute.

Peace in playin with nature,

Char

Comments (67)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

remy, find a graphic you like and then save it to a picture saving account like photobucket. then when you have it there, you copy the tag line and post it into your message. (condensed version, i'm sure someone else can give you the long involved instructions). it's real easy too.

here's my pic, carol did it for me a zillion years ago

and this one, trish did

thank God, no one ever came up with one of me wearing depends! LOL (not that i do, and not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just a joke). kind of like this

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Ok Maryanne, sounds easy but where do we go to find the pics??

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    You're one good looking grandma!
    Susie,
    The birds are so adorable. I can't believe all those buds on the iris!
    Maryanne or anybody,
    Like Julie asked, where do we find them in the first place? lol.

• mellen
    17 years ago

Okie Dokie, I've been busy with the digital today. Carol, hubby took a pic of "the hat" today, too. Let's see what I can get done here. Been awhile since I've posted pics. You folks can use the pic of me for a Halloween decoration. I don't mind.

This is a purple hyacinth bean vine climing a fencepost up to and covering a birdhouse.

Green bug eating dinner on fanfare gaillardia.

One of many mums that I have--yellow with light green middle.

Funny looking lady with purple and white feather boa, small wine glass with candle in one hand, partially eaten rat in the other hand, wearing a garden visor specially made by Carol. Thank you dearest Carol.

That's all for now. Mary Ellen

• faithinfrogs
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks sassyd for the frog stuff and look forward to more if you got any keepem comin.

Susie thats a great idea to get them comfortable with the outdoor environment. How long do you usually keep the branch in for them to get the hang of things? It looks like you've got quite the set up. I just love it. My hubby at one time wanted one of those huge blue birds(can't remember the name anymore) but they are like 1-2 foot tall and look simular to a parrot as some of them can talk. We used to go to the pet store weekly just so he could visit with the birds. That was in BC time (before children) almost 16 plus years ago already. They probably don't let you handle the birds like that anymore the way things have changed over the years.
    Maryellen I love the fanfare gaillardia, does it get to be a fairly good sized plant once established and the mums. What beauts. The purple boa really brings out the color of the rat and you look just MARVELOUS in Carols hat she made for ya. What a treat to see both Shirley and you getting good use out of Carols hats she made for the both of ya.
    Peace
    Char
    Roses love'em.
    Remy I think the Montrose Anemone isn't gonna survive. Not much green left even with all the special treatment I've been giving it. Time shall tell I guess when it is suppose to come up next year. When do they usually start to pop out of the ground in the spring? Any idea?

• skohler
    17 years ago

remy
    yes they are adorable but also very spoild one is always on my sholder no matter what I'm doing around the house , I try to get them to be spooked free when they go to their new homes . they know the sound of vaccum , washer & dryer , mixer, tv , the cats ,

mary ellen : love the plants country air is the best right ??? sure agrees with you lovely lady .

char : this is just a precausion so if ever the birds get out side after they go to the new home . & it has happened even here so I train them to or should say teach them how to fly down .
    once they are out up in a tree for the first time it is scary to them being so high up , so when you train them early you can get them back to you .
    very important is to have their wings clips some can still fly but not fly high :)

well time to go so have a great day all .
    susie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Mellen-Loved seeing a picture of you. Yes country air is great you look so young and attractive. I love the purple hyacinth bean vine, mine did not do good this year. It must not have liked where I planted it. Great pictures.

Thanks to you all for the nice compliments. I live outside most of the time, maybe some day I will get everything the way I want it.

Susie-Love the rose and your BIRDS...Oh my they are beautiful. I don't know how you part with them. I would want to keep them all. Post that picture of iris juicy fruit when it blooms.

Shirley

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Mellen you are a very pretty lady, thankyou for the pic only missing Jeanette now, I gotta send earthly hers. Thought I would share the front and back of a lovely gift I got from Sassy in another swap. She musta thought I was Mellen, angel or earthly. hope you don't run out now sassy. Mellen you can make a good stew with that rat. hugs carol{{gwi:1299775}}{{gwi:1299776}}{{gwi:1299776}}

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Lol! Sassy did a good joke on you Carol!

Mellen,
    You're pic is too cute! The rat looks like a giant Swedish Fish candy, lol, maybe I'm just wanting some sugar.
    Remy

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Char,
    Since it was a last minute bonus, don't worry if they die. We'll see what happens next spring. I'll have more and will be able to dig better then too : )
    Remy

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi it's me again: ) I learned how to get a cartoon!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

sassy, i just love that diaper. what a neat idea.

as always maryellen, you look lovely. where's the dog in this picture? your flowers are beautiful. i never grew hyacinth bean, had some seeds, but recently gave them away. just love that gaillardia, never grew that one either. going to have to check my seed stash and see if i have them. it is an interesting looking flower...is it an annual? and what about that blue fence-like thing, is that a pen for cows or is that where you get locked up when you're bad? lol

sue, what color does your juicy fruit bloom? when i googled it, i got three different pix. great bird set up. what are their names or do you wait and let the customers name them?

you look lovely, shirley. nice property too. just love the deck. how much land did you say you have?

maureen, what's the name of that purple daylily?

i was digging up some stuff today and i can't believe how heavily i mulched. i must admit though, everything is looking in tip top shape and i am ahead of time for winterizing the garden. the only thing i have left is to lay straw in the veggie garden and clean up and re-pot the house plants and bring them in. that's a chore that should take a few days at best.

my morning glories are going strong. i am amazed at the changes each day - some days they are a deep purple, others a vibrant blue and today there was a light maroon.

so sad, earlier in the day a crazed gunman took a one room amish school house (26 students) hostage, killing 4 and critically injuring 8 or so more. the gunman is reported dead. the news report indicates he was heavily armed and acting out on a 20 year vendetta. it's so terrible for these things to happen anywhere, but the amish community is such a tranquil place. my heart and prayers go out to all those affected. life is so uncertain ~~ so short.

be well, happy blooms
    maryanne

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Carol maybe we should play 'pass the depend'! Mellen & Earthly may still get their chance, lol! Slap on some new stickers and send it on......

Please...do not stuff with rats:)))

Mellen great pics!

Sassy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Wow this place is really hoppin'
    I really do need to set a little more time aside each day to get on here and get caught up.

Shirley and Mary Ellen your hats look wonderful as do you.

Susie,I have major "Bird Envy" What a terrific setup you have.Tiels are my favorites.I have 2,no babies yet : (

Sassy,Love the decorated depends!Clever Idea.Might have to borrow that idea for my sisters bday coming up.She would "Love" It!

All of the flower pics are so great.I have quite a few lovelies in bloom here yet.Being in zone 5 they all could be froze in a week so I guess I'd better start snapping some pics of my own.

Have a Great Week Ladies! Nancy

• skohler
    17 years ago

ojk Ladies I really could use some expertese or
    your opinion :))

I now have 2 irises with buds & we are haven some really hard frost so I have been covering them at night .
    I want so bad for them to open so I can see the color .

My ??? is should I leave them out & keep covering at night ? OR Should I cut them off bring them into the house & place them into a vase of water ???
    sorry for the weeds :)) been to wet to get out there :(

what would you do ??? any info would help .
    susie

{{gwi:1299777}}

{{gwi:1299779}}

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

If it were me I would just cut them and bring them in. Iris at the florist are always closed when you get them. I just cut a bunch of roses for the same reason.

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

i second julie's thought. i would bring them in as well.

remy, congrats on your graphic. just seeing it now. another time when we were posting at the same time :)

i can't believe how nasty our weather has been and what did i find today? fragrant treasure daylily blooming like mad. i just love those little surprises.

be well,
    maryanne

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

The iris that are showing a lot of color in your first photo are decent candidates for opening in a vase indoors. That's some interesting branching on the golden one. The other probably should stay outside until more color is showing, which means covering and uncovering. FYI, the irises from the florist are not, in my experience, bearded, but rather sibs. Lucky you to have some beardeds reblooming. Who are they?
    Marsha

• skohler
    17 years ago

juicy fruit is the top almost open then the other is
    Frances Iva :)) & they did not bloom in the spring :(
    & loaded with buds also the white one is still blooming its been blooming & full flowers for the last 2 weeks :)

one lady came to buy a few daylilies & say the buds &
    the white iris still in bloom & said it is very rare for this time of the year :)) I have to agree :))

well ladies thanks for the advice & I will leave the one out till tuesday & see if there is a change for news is calling for snow this next week :((
    so I will for sure try bringing it in :))) before the snow :(

have a great week & thank you
    susie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Susie-I agree with the others. Cut and take in the one that is almost open. Leave the other as long as possible outside. I have got several that is blooming now. They usually bloom in Sept. because I always put them in our local Fair. They sure are late this year. I hope frost does not get them.

Shirley

• faithinfrogs
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Pics are all looking good ladies keep'em comin.'
    Thanks Remy we'll see what comes up in the spring, Thanks
    Char

• mellen
    17 years ago

Okay, here I go again. More pics.

This is Robert's kitty, Precious, doing her Hollywood pose. That was also her on the other Bloomin' Friends thread getting the massage with the towel on her head.

Torch Lily/Red Hot Poker that rebloomed.

This is a Puff Ball Mushroom found in our neighbor to the north's yard-1/4 mile away.

Another of my mums.

And one last mum.

Good night,
    Mary Ellen

• sassyd
    17 years ago

LOL Mellen! And she was enjoying it too, like a 'pampered' kitty should! Every gal loves a good massage!

Beautiful flowers!! I'm so envious (sp?) I have absolutely begged my dh to get me in my house by Christmas, (he's building it, lol) so i'm not planting anything here. Actually I'm moving everything I can over there, so far they're looking good, also planted the ones Susie sent me over there. Don't worry Susie, I'm keeping them watered but got a good rain Sat. and that really helped. They much prefer that natural stuff! lol

Later girls!

Oh, Mellen in case I forgot to mention on the other thread, very cute pic! Loved it! In retrospect...I'm still trying to decide if Carol is masterminding a plan....... Well.. it just depends.....lol

lol, goodnite girls!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Susie, I just love the reblooming iris. Sure hope you get them to open inside for you. Maybe I should wish that winter will hold off for a while too. With a bit of luck you could still have a couple weeks of nice garden weather.

This is a fall blooming water lily crocous. Just love the delicate color
    {{gwi:1299786}}

One of the late monarchs on "boneset" in my herb garden

The mums are also doing well and my purple dome asters are blooming in a glorious purple So afr only the willow trees are turning. Everything else is still green.

• mellen
    17 years ago

Sassy, I soooo enjoyed you post AND your siggy. Hubby wondered what was going on when he heard me laughing and laughing. As you can see, Precious even has the backwards smile down pat.
    With Carol you can never tell what she is thinking or planning. I say, "Watch out!" ;P

Beth, beautiful pics. You have such a knack for getting the right angles and shadows. Your trees have barely started turning? Most of ours are in their last glory. A FREEZE warning is on for tonight. A few more plants that I must get dug after school today. Plus I will be covering my mums.

Am off to school and outside "duty." Yes, pun intended. :)
    Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Mary Ellen

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh I just have to share this pic.In our sept swap Susan/giverny4me sent me some red hibiscus cuttings from her garden.I stuck them in some water on my plant stand to root.Well when I woke up this morning and walked in my plant room look what was smiling at me? What a pick me up on a cold October Nebraska morning : )Thanks Susan.I think they like me LOL Have a Sunny Day Everyone! Nancy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

ok you all think I'm bonkers now I bet.It never posted my pick. I need to figure out how to get it on here.It showed it before I submitted it.Grrrr It really is a pretty bloom...really...it is LOL

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Keeping my fingers crossed : )

YES!!!

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Char....heres a few more frogs for ya!

• skohler
    17 years ago

THURSDAY OCTOBER 12th 8:35 am

{{gwi:1299791}}

THURSDAY OCTOBER 12th 9:45 am

{{gwi:1299792}}

within 10 min's :)) sunshine to snow .

sure it won't last long but it is pretty.

have a great day ladies
    susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

OK, third times a charm. Hope THIS ONE posts!

SUe - Very beautiful and peaceful. Thank you for sharing.
    Ours didn't stick, but it was beautiful watching the big flakes blwo around and fall. DH redid our entry to turn it into a foyer this year and completely incased it in windows. I have my wicker furniture in there. You can see the courtyard and our little pond. It's the perfect place to sit and have a cup of cocoa or tea and watch it snow. I'm sure thats where I'll be doing most of my crocheting in there this winter.
    Again, thank you for sharing!

Sassy, Loving the froggies!

Mary Ellen - Could Precious be anymore "precious"! How adorable. Your mums look fantastic. Want to share next season? I have pink, yellow, red with yellow center, and burgundy that are big enough to split!

Have a wonderful day!
    Tina

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Wow Susie, you really DID get snow!!!! It is beautiful but i'm sure not ready for that yet.
    We had heavy heavy rain here yesterday.They said 50% chance of showers and we got all 50%

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Nancy-Thanks for sharing your bloom, just gorgeous.

Susie-Love the pictures of your snow but I agree with Beth I'm not ready for it yet. We got rain yesterday also.

Love the frogs.......

Shirley

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Sassy #1 bf rule carol is innocent, if there is a conspiracy it is probably Mellen, earthly, Beth, angel or susie never me. I am just a sweetie. I need mums, I only have a white one and a yellow button one. I love all the pictures even the frogs, I am not really a reptile person. hugs ladies
    innocent carol

• skohler
    17 years ago

Not ready for it here either , I still do not have my winter coat out of the moth balls yet :(((
    here is what is out there now . up to 5 inches in some areas

{{gwi:1299793}}
    this is my front yard to the road long drive :))

{{gwi:1299794}}

my pour flowerbed all done :( have to take my big sister
    shopping at wally-world :)) so have a great day all .

susie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Susie-Wow what a snow, our temps are supposed to really drop tonight. I would guess it will be our first frost.

Carol-Yes you are a sweetie.

Shirley

• mellen
    17 years ago

Susie, Even though I don't want snow quite yet, those are beautiful pictures that you posted. I always love the first few snowfalls.

Yes, Carol, you are a sweetie who does not know what the word innocent means!!! You listed a group of us who might be "conspiracy" people, and you put me first?!? What a blow to my ego.(Ha, it rhymes.) I/we would neeeever conspire against you. Oh no, huh uh! Remember who has your name in another monthly swap! LOL

Tina, I would gladly trade some mums with you. This year most of the yellows came back of mine. Last year it was mostly burgundies. If I can find it, I should post the pic of the huge and very pretty burgundy one I had last year. This year it is very small. I had some that were called "Early Mum" that never did fully bloom. Figure that one out! They look like they would be lavender. Next year I will be looking for/planting more of a variety of colors than what I have now and probably in a different place. I'm just not happy with what I have in front of the house/porch. Back to the drawing board there. Tina, tell Rick that Vince C. cancer/leukemia is GONE after one round of chemo. WooHoo!!!

Well, ladies, now that I have Carol shakin' in her booties, I will say ta ta for tonight. I continue to be so thankful that we have such a wonderful group here. Mary Ellen/Mellen

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hey Nancy/cedarnest, what are you doing with that hibiscus to get it to bloom so fast, feeding it coffee or coke? Good job girl!

Susie, thanks so much for the pictures, I miss the colors you all get up north in fall and snow.

I don't miss the cold though. My rheumatiz is going crazy with lows of only 40's here, what a wimp!

Tina your foyer sounds like a great place to snuggle in and watch nature and crochet, I like to get all my "stuff"(beverage, snack,garden mags,small dog Otis,etc.lol) around me and settle in near a window...foyer is on my wish list./Susan /giverny4me

• skohler
    17 years ago

ladies
    as you know I brought in my Irises just before the snow hit :)) I'm proud to show that I have a bloom of the juicy fruit Just one but it is pretty .

{{gwi:1299795}}

Here was my temperary fish tank till I could get my pond refilled today after the snow melted :)) can hardly tell
    we had any snow Now when you look out side .
    the picture above was taken just before noon & by 3 pm all the snow was gone :))) so I got the pond filled
    & fish are back in the pond :) & ready for winter.

{{gwi:1299796}}

{{gwi:1299797}}

wonder if remy is still shoveling out ?
    well I just wanted to share my bloom before it faded .
    the other Iris (FRANCE IVA ) Has not bloomed yet
    but if it does I will be sure to show you.

as for the white iris even after all the snow it still has buds & blooms on it today :))

Has anyone any idea as to what I can use on my water tank there to clean it & not be toxic to plant or animal.

well you ladies have a great evening its time for me to watch a movie :))
    good night all
    susie

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Boy Susie your critters sure look interested in your fish, where is the big one ?Tina could you e-mail me your mailing addy, I lost it and need to send your hat out, earthlys went out today along with the main ingredient for my rat stew. hugs carol

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Susie, those iris are so beautiful! Does the flower smell good too? With a name like juicy fruite... it just seems like it should smell good too.
    Reblooming iris are definately going on my list for next year.

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

My new dog, Gracie haa arrived. She is a real sweetie and very loving but not used to being loose inside. She gets so excited at having freedom to roam she has not yet figured out how to settle down.. She does great outside on a leash and is very good about being in her kenel. We are working on the other stuff.
    What does this have to do with plants? Well, Gracie has this whip of a tail and when it wags, it prunes the houseplants somewhat like a doggie powered weed wacker.
    Here is a before Gracie shot of some of my plants.

Fortunately she does not seem interested in eating them I just need to remember to keep her tail going away from the plant stands because, for sure, it's going to be going full speed.

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Beth congrats on your new dog. what kind is she?for some reason Gracie sounds like a g shephard name, have fun hugs carol

• skohler
    17 years ago

yes we want to meet gracie , those tails can be very wicked , I still carry the memory of my aunt's dog A Great dane & I was 6 yrs old & he knocked me down with his tail.
    everyone laughed about it but me :( his tail hurt worse then hitting the floor .

I wish I had your green thumb for house plants.
    I have a north picture window but still not much survives .
    well have a great evening
    susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Susie,
    Nice snow pics! See, your snow looks light and fluffy, not like the evil snow I had! You did get the iris to bloom! I agree with Carol, your critters sure look interested in those fish, lol.

Beth,
    I just love the waterlily colchicum. Mine looked great until the snow. And where's the pic of Gracie?

Mellen,
    Nice pics. That mushroom is amazing. I've never seen one like that!

• skohler
    17 years ago

well it is open all the way so Now I can show it off :))
    this is the "FRANCE IVA " I picked before the storm
    hit .

the one below it is still the one that has been blooming for the last 3 weeks or so & even through the snow it was in bloom :)) very hard to believe but its true here it is I just picked it last night .

its in with the frances iva :)

{{gwi:1299799}}

{{gwi:1299801}}

the juicy fruit still has a few buds yet to open as does
    the frances iva .

Shirley I hear you have many louisanna irises :))))???
    Is this true ??? maybe you can keep me in mind come spring :))

well ladies I went in for test today & feel I had been drained by the vampire so going to go lay back awhile .
    but had to share these with you all :))

susie

• faithinfrogs
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks sassy for the frog pics. I just love them. I found a new site lately for picture storage and I think I may set up an account with them as you can make your own web address off of their site as well or so I've heard. flickr.com is the site ever hear of it. If anyone is really into taking pictures, like I am with my digital camera this would be a site for you to explore into. You can search numerous picture subjects and wow, what results all has there to share with the public. Some photos that I never thought I would have taken an interest into using as a subject has caught my eye and peaked my interest enough to say, wow, I'm gonna try that. Well worth your time to check it out and see what ya think,anyway. Just search whatever comes to your mind on what you would like to see and walllahhh, it's there in all forms.
    Beth, Hope your dog doesn't butcher up your lovely plants to much. I guess choppin them up with the tail is better than ingesting the foliage though. Better that end than the latter,huh or you could really have a mess on your hands. Do you have any begonias in your indoors collection, a couple kinda looked like it but I can't really tell as I'm just starting to get into the houseplants again. When my kiddies were wee little ones I gave up my houseplants for their safety but now that they're nearing graduation I felt, huh, I think it's safe now. I got a begonia plant from a garage sale and the leaves are gorgeous but I'm not sure exactly what window I should be putting it into. At the moment its in a north facing window, should it be in a south defused lighted window.
    Susie, did you run out and make snow angels or catch a few snow flakes with your tongue? Remember doing that as a child? Gotta keep the child spirit in all of us alive by nourishing it. May take a we bit longer to get up and down from making snow angels but just as fun as the very first time.
    I love all the photos everyone is contributing, this is so much fun. You gals really have some great shots to share with our group, Thanks
    Peace Char

• micke
    17 years ago

{{gwi:1299756}}

{{gwi:64208}}

• skohler
    17 years ago

Char No time for snow angels was to busy trying to save my fish from a drained pond :(
    the wind had blown over my bubbler & all my water drained out during the night . there was to much snow to get the hose out so i have to net the fish & bring them in till I could get more water in the pond :)
    by the next day snow was gone & i refilled the pond
    & Now you know the rest of the story :))

micke : what a cute pooch looks like one my sister had
    "Gizmo" was his name .
    I found a dog I want to adopt but have had no word on her yet :( still waiting .

Its an older chihuahua 7-8 yrs & has no hearing witch is good for the birds won't drive her mad with the noise :)
    I hope to hear back yet today :) I fell inlove as soon as I saw her pictuce & read about her .
    we have to go another busy day ahead . have a great day ladies .
    susie

• micke
    17 years ago

My dogs name is Gizmo too!!!!
    (the Shih Tzu)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks