Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: new!! crazy eights swap

Posted by lisam627_ohio_z6 Z6 OH (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 07 at 10:09

I have enjoyed participating in a number of round robins and swaps here over the years and some of you might remember the two Round Robins I hosted in 2005 entitled the Fabulous Favorites Robins. I would like to host a swap this time and I am confident this swap will be just as fun if there is enough interest!

Crazy Eights Swap rules are as follows:

1. Sign up here, and then email me your GW name, full name, and address.
2. I am looking for 7 players to start this swap. I will provide your name and address to each member in the group.
3. As your host, I will be the 8th player . Each person that signs up will mail seeds to each member in the group.
4. Seeds can be from your garden or commercial packs and collected and/or purchased in 2007. 2006 seeds are acceptable if you believe they are still viable and have been stored properly. Personally, I keep all my seeds in the freezer.
5. Try to send seed varieties that are listed on a players "Wants" list.
6. Send a member 10 different varieties of seeds.
7. If you are unable to send a variety listed on a players "Wants" list, send seeds that are your personal favorites.
8. About sending personal favorites - PLEASE NOTE:
When mailing, it would be nice to include a brief note about your personal favorite seeds that you are sharing i.e. why they are your favorite, and their common and Latin names. Also, if sharing personal favorites, please make sure the person you are sharing with lives in a zone where this plant can be grown.
9. Seed packs should contain the normal amount of seeds that are sent for trading or more if you feel generous!
10. Sign up here until September 30. Make sure your "Wants" list is updated by this date as well.
11. Seeds should be mailed to everyone in the group by October 30. Post here when you have received envelopes from all members in the group.

Potentially you will receive 70 packs of seeds that are on your wants list and/or fresh, personal favorites of your fellow GW members (or more if a player is generous)!

To begin, I need 7 gardeners to sign up. If there are more members interested, I will create more groups. Oh! There is one more bonus for joining. Everyone will receive a small gift from me.

Now, lets have some seed swapping fun!

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: new!! crazy eights swap

I have never taken part in a Round Robin .
It sounds like fun. Sign me up.
Kathy

o

sign me up too, sounds like fun, vickie, tidewaterlilly

o

I'd like to join.

o

Hi - we need at least 4 more players to sign up here! Sign up
until September 30!

I've received information from Tidewaterlilly, Angel and Gunnysack - thanks!

Lisa

o

BUMP

o

Still collecting seeds from my jungle and would love to get in on this. Have plenty to share and it sounds like fun. Thanks. Bev.

o

• Posted by aurore Zone 4/5 NY (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 22, 07 at 20:53

I'm confused. Do you need 70 packets of seeds to send?

o

Thanks for signing up Bev!

Aurore, sorry this was confusing. I'll try to make it clearer. Each person mails 10 packs of seeds - (each pack a different variety) to 7 members. You will send a total of 70 packs and receive a total of 70 packs.

You try to send seeds that are on the other player's wants lists. If you don't have seeds that are listed on a player's wants list, you send them your favorite seeds.

Deadline for mailing your seeds to all 7 players is October 30 so you will have 1 month to get your seeds mailed to everyone.

Setember 30 is the deadline for signing up and I need 3 more people to make this a go! It will be fun! - Lisa

o

Sign me up....Sandy

o

ill join
my wish list is
hosta
datura
named columbine
perennial grasses
bi colored hollyhocks

o

Thanks Candy and Sandy! I have both of your addresses.

We need one more person to make this a great Crazy Eights Swap! Thanks - Lisa

o

Lisa

Unless someone dropped out....don't we have 8?

gunnysack
tidewaterlily
angel14437
beverlysc
aurore
sccountrygardens91
candycow
lisa627 ohio z6

Chris

o

Lisa

Unless someone dropped out....don't we have 8?

gunnysack
tidewaterlily
angel14437
beverlysc
aurore
sccountrygardens91
candycow
lisa627 ohio z6

Chris

o

Chris - I'm not sure if Aurore is in or not??? I know she posted she was confused about the rules, but I have not received an email from her with her addy.

Aurore, are you in? If so, please email me your info! I hope you want to join us!! If not, please let us know. Thanks! - Lisa

o

• Posted by aurore Zone 4/5 NY (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 27, 07 at 14:24

You'll need one more. Sorry guys. This is a busy month and I don't think I'll have the time to package everything up. Hope we can trade again sometime.
(sent Lisa message)

o

hi if no one else wants to join maybe we could do it with 7 and just all send 12-15 packs instead of 10
candy

o
new! crazy eights swap! Need 1 more sign up PLEASE!

That's a good idea Candy. We do have a couple more days to get one more person to sign up.

Is there one more person out there that would PLEASE PLEASE consider joining us? Thanks!

Lisa

o

I'll join in.

Barbi

o

Super Barbi! That makes 8!

Barbi, please email me your complete name and mailing address. Everyone should then receive an email from me shortly and we will begin the swap.

Lisa

o

Hi all,

The Crazy Eights Swap has officially begun! Everyone should have received an email from me with the mailing addresses and if you have not, please let me know!

Hopefully, your "WANTS" lists are all updated now. Post here when you have received all of your packages!

Have fun sharing your seeds and getting your seed packages!- Lisa

o

my seeds went in the mail today.

Barbi

o

Bev ,I received the pack you sent today. Thanks so much for all the great seeds.
Kathy

o

I received seeds fron Bev yesterday. Thanks so much Bev!

Mine won't be going out until next week. I am just finishing up hosting a mega swap that 4 of us on this swap are in.

Chris

o

got my seeds from bev yesterday.

thanks!

o

I got seeds from Barbi today. Thanks a bunch.
Kathy

o

I got my seeds from Kathy (gunnysack) today.

thanks!

o

I have received seeds from Kathy and Bev. Thanks so much!

All of my seeds were mailed out on Tuesday - so you all should be receiving them soon!

Lisa

o

I received my seeds from tidewaterlilly (vickie) today.

thanks a ton!

o

I received seeds from Candy and Vickie yesterday, thanks to both of you .
Kathy

o

ive receved 5 packs already

o

So far I have received seeds from Lisa, Barbi, Kathy, and Beverly, thanks for the great seeds and thanks for the extras Lisa, vickie

o

I've received seeds from Barbi and Vicki! Thanks a bunch ladies - I love everything! - Lisa

o

I received seeds from Lisa yesterday.Thanks for the seeds and the extras.
Kathy

o

i have received seeds from strmywthr3, lisa, candycow, gunnysack & tidewaterlily. Thanks so much everyone for the great seeds!

o

I received seeds from Candy! Thanks very much Candy! - Lisa

o

I received seeds from Candy today, thank you so much, vickie

o

Just a friendly, little reminder here to those of you who have not mailed their seeds out for this swap. Tomorrow is the last day that your seeds were to be mailed out to everyone.

If you are having problems getting your packages mailed out, please be kind enough to post here and let us know when we can expect your packages.

Personally, I have not received packages from
sccountrygardens91 (Sandy) and Angel4437 (Chris). Thank you!

Lisa

o

Hi - I received seeds from sccountrygardens91 (Sandy) today.
Thanks so much, Sandy - you sent me a very nice variety!
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here