Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
NEW: Make New Friends: Ghouls just want to have fun!

Posted by poisondartfrog (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 07 at 10:25

This promises to be a spirited swap! Old ghoulfriends and new ghoulfriends are welcome to sign up. I promise to include lot's of corny Halloween jokes and bad puns, and the group will supply the camaraderie.
Don't be afraid to don your best pointy hat and join in, even if you have never participated in a plant swap before.
I would love to get this one back to basics with plants and a Halloween theme as the centerpiece. Many of us suffered losses due to weather issues this year, so let's scale back from 5 plants to 4 plants required to participate. Remember that in this group sending plants is supposed to be fun! Send what you like and what you would be happy to receive and don't stress about having the newest and greatest. This is still a good time of year for most of us to plant daylilies and German iris and many perennials, and fall bulbs would be absolutely wonderful to send! If your zone limits the fall bulbs that can be grown in your area, please let me know-I will try to match you with someone who can accommodate you.

The rules:
1. You must be at least 18 to join this swap.

2. You must send at least 4 plants. With bulbs, each variety will be considered 1 plant. For example, if you send 8 tulip bulbs and 5 are Orange Emperor tulips and 3 are Queen of Night tulips, each different variety will counts as 1 plant, so that would be a total of 2 plants for purposes of the swap. Please try to send plants that relate to Halloween in some way. It could be that the name includes a Halloweeny word like witch or moon or magic or midnight; or ones that are a Halloweeny color like orange, black or purple.

3. In addition to the plants, include something scary! That could be a scary Halloween decoration, the horror paperback you just finished reading, a picture of my third grade teacher (she terrified me, and still does decades later) or anything else that conveys the spirit of the season. The trick is not to spend a lot of money on your treat, but express what you love about the season!

4. All boxes should be sent priority with delivery confirmation unless it is all fall bulbs, which will probably be fine going parcel post with delivery confirmation, which adds just 18 cents to parcel post rate.

5. Once you receive your box, please share the contents with the group. We want to share each others fun!

6. Sign ups start now and will close on Friday, September 28. I will assign partners on the 29th and we will make October 15 the absolutely last day to send your partner's box. We want to be sure that everyone has time to enjoy their scary Halloween surprise.

Sign up here and email me at poisondartfrog@myway.com. If you are new to the group, share with us a little about yourself. What do you like? What kind of plants do you grow? Do you have a family, pets, hobbies? Pictures are welcome.

This should be fun! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Alana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Make New Friends: Ghouls just want to have fun!

Oh, I LOVE the name, Poison!!! This looks like fun!!!! :O)
But I'll have to step back from this one, with everything that's going on right now. I'll still drop in and HAUNT everyone, though!! :O)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

logo maker - http://www.sparklee.com

Myspace Comments
Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

o

o

Count this Ghirly ghoul in too! Sounds sooo corny, LOL!

Deb

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketlogo maker - http://www.sparklee.com

Oh Boy! This is going to be a fun group! Weeeee! Riding my broom! Bang Zoom, Up to the MOON!

o

o

Did someone say Corn? CANDY CORN?

o
boo

We bought the boys thier halloween costumes today (a cute red dragon and bobba fett), I feel like such a cheater my mum used to make mine, but they don't like to dress up the way girls do, I still make mine & hubby's costumes from scratch, as they last 3 years or so, or 2 halloween parties, a few renfaires and such. Only thing i'd like to ask is that my swap buddy goes for "cutsey" rather than scary, so the kiddies don't freak out. Now I just need to plan 2 halloween parties.

o

Halloween Graphics

BOOO this ghoulie girl wants in too!!!

o

Welcome dirt, tracy, paya, debbya, fishy and pixie!
That's too bad Bunny. If life clears the way and you change your mind, hop on in!

I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve for this swap, but no disappearing act.

Bad Halloween joke for today:
Q. Why don't mummies take vacations?
A. Because they are afraid to relax and unwind.

o

lol Cute, Alana.

o

Roar! That was so corny! LOVEDIT! Ha ha! Alright, I need to tell everyone, new and old, that I am still posting messages for our Friend Medontdo/Michele because she still doesn't have regular internet and can only send emails. So don't think I am too crazy for posting twice, please! All of Michele's posts will say Medontdo Mail in the Subject of the Posting. So ready or not here comes More Medontdo Mail!

o
~*+*~Medontdo Mail~*+*~

i so love the theme alana! :~) see i could never host cuz i couldn't
come up with something that witty! :~)

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I would love to join!

o

Yay, Letha is finally going to play with us! Woopie!

o
~*+*~Medontdo Mail~*+*~

o' i'm wanting in for some howling good fun! ow ow owwww!!! :~)

o

Welcome Letha! We are stirring up some fun!

o

Just wanted to pop in and say........

Halloween Graphics

Smiles,
Pixie

o

I went shopping today and found some spooky plants and some fun goodies for my partner! Yippee, the fun has started for me! Wheeeeeeee!

Got a joke!
Q: Why didn't the Skeleton cross the Road?
A: Because he didn't have the Guts!

o

NOOOO GUTS?????

o

A Halloween story:
A vampire bat came flapping in from the night covered in fresh blood and parked himself on the roof of the cave to get some sleep.
Pretty soon the other vampire bats smelled the blood and began hassling him about where he got it.

He was tired and just wanted to sleep, but finally gave in.
"OK, follow me," he said and flew out of the cave with hundreds of bats behind him. Down through a valley they went, across a river and into a forest full of trees. Finally he slowed down and all the other bats excitedly milled around him.

"Now, do you see that tree over there?" he asked.

"Yes, yes, yes!" the bats all screamed in a frenzy. "Good," said the first bat,

"Because I DIDN'T!"

o
Laughing Pixie Dust everywhere

Myspace Graphics - Tinkerbelle

Halloween Cliparts

TOOOO CUTE girlie!!! Thats a good one!

o

Only halloween joke I know:
"Why doesn't frankenstien have babies?"
"Because he has a halloweenie"

Which proves my mum should never be allowed to tell people jokes. Hubby just informed me that ED does not belong in jokes about holidays for kiddies.

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Glad to be here! Okay... What happened when the werewolf swalowed a clock? He got ticks! (hehehe)

o

Halloween Graphics

OK I CAN'T STAND IT!!!! I HAVE TO TELL ONE NOW!!! THOSE ARE ALL TOO CUTE!!!

What does a Witch use to keep her hair in place?????

SCARE STAY!!!!

o

Oh my gosh! You guys are all tooo funny! I am just cracking up! Silly women!

Here's one more!
Q: What's a vampire's favorite fast food?
A: A guy with very high blood pressure...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Imma gonna lose all ma pixie dust in one night from laughin so hard! and KNOWING this is going to be one FUN MONTH!!!!

o

Ooh! Ooh! My turn now!!

Q: What is a vampire's favourite food ?
A: Neck-tarines !

o
Spooky things for ma box!

I have a serious question about spooky things to send in my swap box.

Can I send ma braziere (sp on purpose) It scares the hades outta me each day either cause I can't find one or I have to wear one.

o
Fangs

if not that how bout a Vampire Puppy????

She (Mud) prunned my "Alan's Scheffelera" today, thank goodness those things are easy to grow or we'd be eating chinese food tonight (hot "dogs"). I saved the limbs she chewed off but she really did a number on it and sheesh its not even a full moon til next weds!

o
Poor mud baby!!

Awww....How could ya be mad at a face like that??? I wanna snorgle her all up, yes I do!!! SMOOCHIE SMOOCHIE SMOOCHIE!!!!!

o
Vamps

LOL OK Melissa she's coming in your box!!!! Hide your plants! Shes getting her molars in and chews anything that looks fun to her which is pretty much everything! lol She needs braces for that underbite so she doesn't stick those fangs out all the time and look mean lol. But your right she is a good baby, just a lil imp thats for sure!

Awwww I like the Kiss ME, hes like what you put this around me and then expect me to smile and say cheese????

o

Oh my gosh, I forgot all about how bad the pooches are when they are teething! Woowee, you are in for it. Hide the slippers, Ditch the shoes! Pull out the electric fence for the flowers! Chomping pooch on the loose! Eeeeek!

She doesn't look scary! Well, she kind of looks like my mom's cousin James Wesley, from Kentucky. Stick a little tobacci in that cheek of hers and she's a dead ringer! lol!

Bunny, I'm telling marcus that you were making out with pixies pooch! Giggle!

o

lmao I bet she would love tobacci lmao she sure eats ciggies lmao!!!! She doesn't have a scary bone in her body cept for her looks lol Everyone around here knows we have "big" dogs lol and really they aren't that big but we have new hispanics every week down the road in lil Mexico, so I take Rebs out front alot and now Mud too but shes still too lil to scare anyone lol cept for those vampire fangs of hers lol. Funny thing is, they would both lick ya to death before biting ya lol. (I think at least, never put them to the test and hopefully will never have to)

LOL @ making out with pixies pooch lmao, I think Mud would be the domitrix lmao at least SHE tries with Rebs lmao

o

Mmmmmm....Good luv'n!!!!

o
You need professional help!

You are one sick Bunny! ROFL!

o
Pixie:

About that brazeire question, I dont' think it would be so scary if...

o

lmao Pixies don't stufff lol

o
Hah hah hah

Aw, look at the pretty pirouetting Pixie! So graceful, and sparkly!

Pant!

o

Good Morning All! Thought I'd share a photo of my'Vampire Baby'.
This was Brooke a few months back when her teeth started coming in.Her 'fangs' came in first.Sorta freaked us out.She now has 10,two molars popped through this month.I should've taken photos of all the drool. Would have been good for Halloween too!
Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

April, Brooke is the cutest little vampire I have ever seen! I can just hear her saying " Blah Blah! I vant to suck your Milk!" Hee hee hee!

o

FYI... Those fangs HURT! Think there is a reason they are supposed to come in later instead of 1st. Not very comfortable for Mom.LOL!
SmileyCentral.com
Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o
Grinding Ghoulie Gums

Ouchie, ouchie, ouchie! I remember! YIPES! Evil little Brookie Baby! I had that problem with Patrick even before teeth. He would clamp his little gums down hard and then grind them against my ____. Instant water in the eyes! Glad those days are over! Whew! Now, Where is my plastic surgeon, I was told I get a new pair after nursing all of those babies as my reward! Ahhh, Here he is now!

o

I miss mine!!! Well, I miss the fact that they USED to be an inch or so higher on my chest!! LOL And a size or 2 bigger...WHY don't they tell you that you DEFLATE after nursing 5 kids??? I mean, honestly. Or maybe it's just cause I have to look further down to see them. Who knows.
Or maybe it's the way the babies STRETCH them out while nursing? You know, they find something interesting on the other side of the room, so they do an "exorcist" move and try to do a 180 with their head, without popping anything out of their mouth?? :O)

Ohhhh......Tracy, can I borrow your surgeon??!! I have a few nips and tucks I'd like done!!!! :O)

o

LOL!!Glad those days are over also.Hubby said something about me getting them pierced.Told him if I did that you wouldn't know it was them or my navel that was pierced.LOL!
The Mcdoc I prefer!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Later....

o
McSteamy + McDreamy = McYUMMY!

If I ever need a neurosurgeon, McDreamy is My Guy!!!!! LOL! I looooove him. Hubby makes fun of me all the time. I made him sit through the People Magazine's Recap of last years season. LOL! OMG April! Too funny, Yeah, If I got mine pierced I think it might be mistaken for something even lower! LOL! You know... my knees! Get your head out of the toitie! Sheesh!

Bunny, you can borrow a cup of McSteamy any time you need something hiked back up! LOL! But I want him back, cleaned and pressed! Hee hee. OOH! I remember the swivel head move! Do they think they are Owls for crying out loud? Man! And then when they finally go too far and it goes POP, flips back and whacks you in the eye! lol!

o

OMG - the doctors at Seattle Grace (that's what it's called, right?) are something to get sick for!! They are so hot! I definitely prefer McDreamy, but McSteamy is definitely a close second! Now, since Addison is leaving the show, do you think McSteamy will leave too? Do you all watch Gray's Anatomy? I love that show, but I missed a lot of last season. Hopefully I'll get to see every show this season! I really like Desperate Housewives too. Shame on me! My hubby thinks just about any TV I like to watch is just plain NASTY! ; )

Oh - the pain of nursing when your baby decides to look at the other side of the room! OWWWWWW! Yep, I've love a plastic surgeon here too - as long as he did it all for free!!

o

Yep, Seattle Grace is the name! I am feeling feverish, call McDreamy. I need my temp taken! lol! Hubby watches both shows with me. We feel bummed if we miss an episode or they do that weird switching and replace it for parts of the season like they did last year. I was getting ready to smack the programming guys! Messed up my Wednesday night lineup and then my Thursday night! It got really nuts trying to find it for a while. Grrr. You hubby is just jealous! lol! Wants those wash board abs! Grin!

o

Hm. I think you guys need to get your mind off the Mad Doctors. Here's a little Halloween humor to distract you.

A couple was invited to a masked Halloween Party. She got a terrible headache and told her husband
to go to the party alone. Being a devoted husband, he
protested, but said she was going to take
some aspirin and go to bed, and there was no need to spoil the fun by his staying home too, so he took his
costume and away he went.

The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, awakened
free of pain and as it was still early, she decided to go to
the party. Since her husband did not know what her
costume was, she thought she would have some fun by
seeing how he acted when she was not with him.

She joined the party and soon spotted her husband cavorting
around on the dance floor, dancing with everyone he could,
copping a little feel here and a little kiss there. His wife
sidled up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself,
he left his partner high and dry and devoted his time to the
new stuff that had just arrived.

She let him go as far as he wished; naturally, since he was
her husband. Finally he whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed, so off they went to one of the cars for a little Halloween recreation. Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away, went home, put the costume away, and got into bed, wondering how her husband was going to explain his behavior.

She was sitting up reading when he came in and asked what
kind of a time he had. He said, "Oh, the same old thing.
You know I never have a good time when you're not there."
Then she asked, "Did you dance much?" He replied, "I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met
Pete, Bill and some other guys, so we went into the
den and played poker all evening. I tell you though, the guy I loaned my costume sure had a real good time!"

o

Ha, ha, ha!!! I'm bustin' a gut here! That is too funny, Alana!!!

Okay, so back to TV (sorry, I don't get distracted for long when it's hot men we're talking about!) - yeah, Dave used to watch Housewives and Grey's with me, but then he decided they were just soap operas and just couldn't watch them. Duh! Anyway, I don't know if I'll get to watch Desperate Housewives anyway this season, with Sunday Night Football and all! Okay, so I love football too, so it's not like I'll not be enjoying it! I'll just be missing my other show. Now, if we can get the whole TV thing fixed, maybe I can tape Desperate Housewives in our bedroom while we are downstairs watching football???

o

Oh my gosh! Wowwwww! ROFL! Alana That Was A Scream!

Becki, Isn't Sunday Night Football on ABC? I think it pre-empts the Housewives. You won't have to tape at all! Or is that Monday Night Football, hm, now I can't remember!

o
re: new: make new friends: distractions, distractions

Incorrigible!

Okay, I will try another distraction; something else to think about when you need a break from the hunks. When we finish with signups on the 28th, we will do the first activity for this swap. I have a quiz I will post: 13 questions (naturally) pertaining to Halloween. You can ask your favorite Monster for help, consult the Oracle, phone a Fiend, whatever it takes to answer. The first one to answer all 13 correctly will receive a prize- one fan of Daylily Colorado Moon Fire.

o

Okay, darlin'! Here is how I am pretty sure it is. Sunday Night Football is on NBC - Monday night was on ABC, but was switched over to ESPN. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry! But, I am pretty sure!

Oh, and I don't think I have said so yet, but I would love to participate in this swap! Fun, fun!!

Wow - sounds like fun, Alana!!!!!

o

I just looked up photo of that daylily. I WANT IT!!!!!
Daylilies & iris are becoming my newest addiction other than the round robins. Followed by coneflowers and mints and zinnia,and lantana and...and...LOL!
Halloween Icons

o

Actually I keep telling hubby we're moving to a nudiest colony so I have less laundry to do. Hmmm, not much into TV unless we count the educational stuff, lots of animal planet, science channel, food network, etc.

Our cable box we upgraded to for $8 more a month records tv, so we record and watch later.

o

Oooh, Alana that dl is fantastic! April, It's mine! Mine, MINE! I'm gonna win it!

I picked up a very dark Iris for our little exchange! Gives me the heebie jeebies! Wooooooo, Spooooooky!

o

You ladies are just too much!I'm more of a ghost whisperer kinda gal.But on Thurs.I have to watch survivor.Once upon a time I watched des. housewives but was afraid my 11 year old son was a little too interested .I went shopping today! Found some goodies!I found an interesting iris todayPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket too. Alana, I love the stories and the lily.

o

Letha! Too true about the young ones and the house wives! I won't let my 17 year old watch it with me! lol! We are just a little too much sometimes aren't we. Ooh, can't wait to see what goodies you have! Trick or Treat?

o

Wow - I kind of got caught up with Grey's Anatomy last night. Turns out I hadn't seen the last 4 episodes - but I think I caught the rest of them (or parts at least.) I started watching the 2 part one where Adison goes to visit her friends on the computer, but it kept freezing my computer, so I quit watching. Anyway, then the season finale was on last night, so I saw that. Wow! Lots of things I sure didn't expect. Though as much as I loved Preston and Cristina together, I didn't really see them making it. Probably my favorite episode of Grey's is when she had the miscarriage, and at the end, Burke climbs into bed with her. Makes me cry every time!

o

Becki, that scene got me too. Didn't you feel so sad for Christina? I totally got it when she couldn't breathe and couldn't get the wedding dress off fast enough. Was a shocker when Meredith grabbed the shears and started cutting though. Burke got kicked off the show because of his "unfortunate comments" that he made to one of the other cast members. He didn't approve of his lifestyle choices. I was pretty surprised.

o

OMG - I just wanted to start crying with that too! Thinking of how tight that all felt all of a sudden! So sad! Burke is such an integral part of the show - I will sure miss him! Now, if I can just get the computer to work for me to finish the Addison taking off show and the one after it (when they take their exams I think), I'll be all set for the new season to start!

o

I think I"m the only one that has NEVER seen DHW or GA.
Oh, heck...who am I kidding?? If our station doesn't play it, I haven't seen it. So that's 99.9% of all TV out there. LoL. Makes me feel so out of the loop sometimes!
I think the last "new" show I remember watching was CSI in it's first year.
Now, THAT was good stuff. :O) Haven't seen it since, though! But I did catch an episode of CSI: Miami the first year it was out too, and boy....did it ever stink compared to the original! (IMO) Evidently, I'm the only one who thought so, though...!

Now....Antiques Roadshow....THERE'S my type of show!! LoL
Boring little bunny, aren't I?? :O)

o

I've never seen them either Bunny, here it's all educational TV, I know i get those channels though. Hmm, dirty jobs, mythbusters, meerkat manor (desperate mammals hubby calls it), some cartoons I watch with the kids, and loads of netflix. Currently we're going thru a martial arts kick, and catching up on Jet Li movies 1 night a week. Oh yes and we have 30 music stations thru the cable, I usully toss on some of that for background music, they've been doing a Pavorotti tribute this week on the opera station.

o

Hey I love Myth Busters,Deadliest Catch,and Dirty Jobs! Mike Rowe is HOTTT!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Mike Row! Yumm-O! I get teased by the hubby about him all the time. Calls him my boyfriend! LOL!

o

Yup, gotta love Mike too! We loved Deadliest Catch!! Now that we don't have sattelite anymore, we probably won't be able to watch it, though. That is one of VERY FEW shows Dave would sit down and watch! Hopefully they have it on the computer too? I'll have to check that out!

o

Hubby thinks I should have mike rowe intern here for a day, after 40+ diapers let's see who's job is dirtier?

o

An old Halloween poem, tailor made for gardeners:

THE GHOST OF A FLOWER

"You're what?" asked the common or garden spook
Of a stranger at midnight's hour.
And the shade replied with a graceful glide,
"Why, I'm the ghost of a flower."

"The ghost of a flower?" said the old-time spook;
"That's a brand-new one on me;
I never supposed a flower had a ghost,
Though I've seen the shade of a tree."

-Anonymous

o

o

Oh, Tracy that poem reminds me of something for my box.(so far just treats but you never know...hehehe )I love the myth busters and dirty jobs!(okay,okay Mikes nice)It's my sons fault.He got me watching them both.Sometimes we watch cash cab but then I feel real stupid after.Thats about my limit to TV watching.I never really have time to get involved in many shows.Then when I do, here comes the dog and the boys to crawl all over me and fight with each other.Sheesch,its like a circus.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Letha: Tell me about the Circus Act! he he! With the 4 boys and 1 shrill little girl it is very hard to watch tv. That is why all of our favorite shows are on after 9pm here. Bedtime is 8:30! Woohoo! Quiet sets in, the volume on the tv gets turned down, calm is restored, life is good. LOL! We have no clue what is on the tube before then. Alana is the poster of the poem, I can't wait to see what you found to put in your box!

Fishymamas: I would love to see an episode of him changing all those stinky pants! ROFL! I have images in my head! lol! But then again, I did see him artificially inseminate a cow once! Blech! Who knew rubber gloves could come up to your shoulder? Hm.

o

Yep, very rare here as well to see much before 8 or 9. I have a good movie here to watch, that I've been waiting to see, and Dave says he would rather stand outside and listen to the bats mate and watch the clouds in the sky than watch a movie with me. He thought you would all like to know that. Nice.

o

Seriously, He is standing out there listening to the bats mate? Hm, curiosity is getting the better of me. Maybe I'll go stand outside and listen to mine, wonder what that sounds like? ROFL! Ah Becki, I think watching a movie with you is much better than being a voyeur on the bats! Sheesh! He has bats in his belfry! Sorry, couldn't resist throwing that one out there! lol!

o

o
movie

What movie are you wanting to watching Becki?

o
Men

Oh, it's really no big deal. Happens here all the time. Stealth. Got it from netflix, and we talked last night about watching it tonight, but I guess he changed his mind. Anyway, maybe tomorrow night. Just ticks me off that he'd rather be outside all the time. If I sit out there, the bugs drive me crazy! But, he just sits out there, drinkin' his beer, takin' in nature! That's horrible that I don't enjoy that, but I just don't! I'm afraid it's quite boring to me. For a little while a month or so ago, there were a bunch of falling stars, and that was great! And I wouldn't have seen that if I hadn't been out there. But, usually, it's just pretty stinkin' boring!

o

Alana,Please excuse me..its been a crazy day.Er,um,make that a crazy week.We've been short handed all week and my boss decides to clean off his verrrry messy desk.Guess where it all goes..yup, my desk to sort and do.I wish he would just do it a little at a time as it comes in.It would be easier on us both.Okay,I've had my fuss(wahwah).Thank goodness for the weekend!!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Poor Letha! I hate it when they dump the yucky jobs on us! I don't have a 9-5 job but do a lot of the office junk for the hubby with the bricklaying business! I feel your pain! You should see me trying to keep him organized!

o

Tracy

o

No jokes today; this is a warning about the men you may encounter around Halloween. Know what to look for to stay safe.
According to Neat Things About Halloween, the signs of a werewolf are: a unibrow, hairy palms, tattoos, and a long middle finger.
Be careful out there!

o

Do they have to have all of those characteristics? Ruh roh! Ed has long middle fingers. And a hairy face, no unibrow or hairy palms, hm, should I be worried?

o

JUST POSTING A WARNING FOR THE SATURDAY NIGHT FLYERS!!!!

Halloween Graphics

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Who's up for a day at the spa with me? A little Toad Wart Mud Mask, Some Hog Snout Eye Packs, A little Bat Blood Nail Polish and we're good for a Howling Night on the Town! LOL!

o

i like the jokes and the poems! LOL i don't watch greys annatomy or the other one, just can't get into it. he watches cops cops and more cops, we watch scifi! he he he! LOL we like creepy stuff!! or the stuff that may or may not come true ya know. LOL oh letha! bosses sometimes just suck!! i hated it when i was working and the bucket rolled downhill!! ugh!!! when we were walking back from the creek, the fun thing is, to howl like a wolf!! cuz it's usually later in the evening. hey becky! lavender! spray it all over ya, the bugs hate it, i got some from avon, and not only do the bugs and mosquitos hate it but hubby loves it and sniffs me! and has a wierd look in his eyes!! LOL so i use that stuff all the time. LOL i don't really know whats the best part, not being bit by bugs or being loved more. LOL :')) how did the party go bunny??

o

please count me in....Sandy

o

Medo, I'm glad to see you posting!

Sandy, as the newest member of the group, please tell us a little about yourself. What kind of plants do you like? What do you like to do?
This is a diverse and interesting group; welcome to it!

Gotta go-I think breakfast is burning.

o

Thanks guys! It's nothing that a good weekend and a good time with the Ghouls won't cure.Hello Sandy !Welcome!

o

o
:0) 1st day of Fall!

o

glitter-graphics.com

Yay! Another New Ghoul to Play! Hip hip hooray! Glad to have a new friend in our crazy little group!

Tracy

o

This is everyone that has signed up so far:
dirt
tracy
paya
debbya
fishy
pixie
letha
becki
medo
sandy
poison

If I left anyone out, please let me know. I need you to email me your mailing addresses if you have not done so already.
If anyone else wants to play, sign ups will be open until Friday. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
How is everyone today?

Alana, Breakfast looks delicious! Please save me a plate!

Letha, glad the weekend is soothing out the bumps! Warts and all!
glitter-graphics.com

Medo: That is so much fun! I can just picture all of you howling by the creek! Don't ya just love it when the hubster is sniffin around? lol! Growl!

glitter-graphics.com

o

Hi everybody! Tracy your last post is so funny....cuz I work in a dermatology clinic and we see lots of warts.And that makes me think of a good idea for my box.Since I can be a witch most of the year anyway,I think my box will contain ingredients that might go into a nice big helping of witches brew. BUBBLE,BUBBLE,TOIL & TROUBLE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

ya, hubby fixed the phone thing, but alot of time at first it dont recognize my modem. or it'll say it has no dial tone. but then i finally get on!! yay!! :')) i'm all happy about it!! ok question, tracy, what kinda vac do ya have? i have the bissel that has like 2 different filters, ones cleanable and the other you have to replace. i love it! i want the newest bissel steam cleaner! my mom got it!
and welcome sandy! i love hearing about people!! :'))

o
Vacuums and Warts! Weird Combo! LOL

Medo! I have the Hoover Savvy with the rotating brush tool and long extensions with the ENCLOSED compartment for the small tools (keeps little hands from swiping the dang things like with the last vacuum!). It is soooo quiet in comparison to the Eureka boss that I used to have. That one had a similar hepa filter like yours. This one I can wash, no replacing! Woo hoo! The dirt cup pulls out by a handle and slides back into place. The old one had a latch that snapped off! The Boss also lost suction after 6 months. The Hoover is going strong, no loss of power and it has an indicator to let you know when no more dirt is coming up from the section you just did. Next big plus is the SUPER long cord! I can do my large living room without changing outlets! hahahahahahahahaha!

Letha! That is tooooooo funny! I am psychic! Woooooooooooo! LOL! Please don't put anyone's old warts in the box though! Please? Please? LOL! Yicky! Bubbles are good though! LOL!

o

Good Morning Ghouls!! Just flying by to say..
THIS GHOUL WANTS TO HAVE FUN TOO!!

Myspace Layouts, Myspace graphics

o

get more comment images and more at myspacelayouts.org
Just got off phone with my father -in-law.He's coming to visit the last week of Oct. Halloween is his favorite holiday,so he'll be down from MI to spend it with the grandkids.He's not too bad. Hubby doesn't have many days of vacation left for the year ,soo guess who gets to entertain him while he is at work? I hope he likes to watch 'Martha' LOL! JK!

o

Yay! Karen is going to play! Yippy! Yahoo! Another New Ghoul to come and say BOO! Hi Karen!

April, I bet you are soooooo excited about hanging out with the FIL! LOL! Lucky you. Watch out, he'll grab the remote and put reruns of Bob Villa on! LOL! You'll be running screaming from the house! Hm, maybe there are some home improvements you need attended to? lol!

o

Kalena, I am so glad you joined us!

o
You are now a household expense.

On the way to the eye doctor's today hubby and I are discussing budget for the next 3 months I run thru my expenses (we get an allowance of X amt each that we can spend on whatever, I think his goes to starbucks and computer stores), and he suggests moving the "garden club" expenses into the household catagory, as the plants etc are for the house. I mention a new swap for bulbs, and he comes up with "why don't you grab a cataloge and hand me to order form when you're done?" Turns out the eye doc told him the problems with my focusing is stress related and the old dear's worried.

o

Fishy,
You do important work-if you get a little extra TLC, it is well deserved.

Just four more days for sign ups, then we will play our game. You guys need to tell me what works best for the most people. Shall I post the quiz on Friday night or Saturday night, or even Sunday night? I want as many people as possible who want to play to have a fair chance.

o

Hello Poison;
What is with the quiz? I am a bit old for that!! I was not going to join but I cannot resist. Count me in. This ghoul loves fun!! diene

o

Okay,Okay, I promise no warts or moles in my box. There will be treats and maybe......a few tricks!(hehehe)Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Letha, I can't wait! LOL! So glad the warts and moles are off the ingredient's list! lol!

o

Diene, I am so glad you decided to join! Welcome!

Tracy, What's wrong with warts and moles? I think they give my face character!

o

Kissie and Smooches all ya warts and mole babies!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!!! Up and at em! have a busy day ahead!

Smiles,
Pixie

PS... its quarter til 8 so WAKE UPPPP!!!!

o

EditingMySpace.com,Your one stop graphic spotMyspace Layouts & Graphics
Well I'm off to the Farmer's Market.Ya'll need anything?

o

Hi everybody!

Poison, anytime works for me with the quiz. My hubby will be gone for the week-end on a hunting trip with the guys, so I won't have much to do!! (well, I will, but I can put it off til Sunday!!) I'll just have to fight for computer time with the kids!! I can't wait, I want that daylily!! lol.
I read on the chime wrap up forum about dirts great daylily find on ebay! I was just on there myself doing a little 'ghoul' shopping :), but I missed that! I just might have to check that out!
But right now I better get back to the kiddies! Have a great day, Karen
Halloween Myspace Icons

o

One of the best parts of Halloween for me are the Zombie movies I watch every year. We have a horror movie marathon and invite friends and family over. It's a big yearly event for us. (Yes, we are a family of eccentrics and being in a rural area, are easy to entertain.)
I usually have caramel apples and a cake I decorate to look like a huge black rat with plenty of blood (kool-aid, juice or red wine, depending on age and inclination)to drink. This year, I am going to serve these:

Severed Finger Cookies
Servings: 48
Amount Measure Ingredient
1 batch Basic Sugar Cookies
1 cup blanched almonds
1 tablespoon red food coloring

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place almonds in a bowl, drizzle on enough red food coloring to coat almonds. Stir almonds around so that they are evenly colored. Place almonds on paper towel-lined platter to dry.

Work with one half of the dough at a time and keep the remainder refrigerated. Scoop dough into tablespoonful-sized balls. Roll each piece of dough into a finger shape. Press 1 almond, pointy-end out, firmly into 1 end of cookie finger to form a nail. Press the tines of a fork lightly into the dough just below the nail and in the center of the finger to form knuckles.

Place cookies, about 1-inch apart, on parchment-lined cookie sheets; bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until pale golden. When cookies are done, let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes. Remove cookies to platter to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough and almonds.

Per serving: 98 Calories (kcal); 6g Total Fat; (50% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 14mg Cholesterol; 24mg Sodium

Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

o
Box shopping

This time I will not be the last one ready! I've got my box 1/2 done and it's going out the 1st day. I may even get the stuff for the xmas swap too. (for the new gals, I'm hosting Xmas one, and the theme is "ornamentials" and you incluse an ornament, because well I'm cheesy like that.)

Don't get me wrong I know I do a job that means alot and makes a differance, and I found a hubby who is happy to support me in what has been heartbreaking work. I'm a lil bummed this week, a girl who I've had since she was 2 is moving away (she's 6.5 now), on the good side her mum is getting married to a great guy who loves them both to pieces, but it's like losing a daughter (I stink at professional detachment, but the kids have to know you care and are a stable part of thier lives to blossom as they do).

So we have come to a budget on the playground addition.... 6 grand, most of the work is being custom done by my part-time handyman (brother in law, I bought him a car last year, after he got the worst divorce lawyer ever, and he's been paying me back in work here). This year we're adding a 2 story castle playhouse and robin hood's hut in the north side, a few benches and a 2nd cottage with built-in kitchen for more "playing house" fun. Work will be starting just after Halloween and thru xmas. The kids will be unwrapping house/castle stuff the week of xmas to add to our village. I think I may have him expand the bunny yard too. Oh yes, I'm painting them myself to cut costs... uhhhh Becki, can I order 10 dozen cookies, seriously I won't have time to bake for our families this year.

o

Yeeeeech.....While those cookies SOUND delicious, I'm sure they don't LOOK it! :O) Which means....My kids would LOVE them! :O)

April, as long as you're off to the market....I'll take one of each, and 2 of the other. :O)
Thanks!!!!
(lol)

Anyone see the recipe for Eyeball Ice cream?? Icky, but the kids loved it.
Take 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, and drizzle strawberry syrup on them (like "red eye" lines). Then just top with a blue m&m (or green or brown...depends on what color you like your eyes)!
Instant yuck factor!! :O) Add red licorice whips for hair, and you've got a icky treat (and some sticky fingers to wash later!) :O)

o

Fishy - of course!!! Email me, if you really want to do that! Your playground addition sounds SO COOL!!! I wish we could do some of that in our yard - I'll have to think of some cool plans! I am totally planning next year a teepee or house for vines to climb - have to work on those plans - I think the younger kids will love that!

Poison - your big Halloween party sounds a bit like our 4th of July holiday! Everyone around here knows our house is the place to be, as we throw a big party, complete with the fireworks (shh - they aren't legal in Iowa - but the previous county sheriff told us if no one complained, they didn't care.) It gets bigger and bigger every year, as more and more people find out and invite others!

Carmel apples - I was just telling Dave this morning that I want to make some! I haven't made any in ages, and that just sounds SO YUMMY!!!!

Well, I don't think I'll be the last one to send this time either!! I've been buying some good bulbs at Walmart (they look really good - not all dried out like some of them they have), plus, I went to a garden center today and spent a little money there!!! OOOHHH that was fun!!! It would have been better had I been by myself, and could have really looked and thought about what I wanted, but they have these great glass balls and fun bird baths that Lily just couldn't leave alone, so I had to make it quick!! Nonetheless, I had a lot of fun, and can't wait to share my goodies!!! Plus, I bought all kinds of stuff on clearance after last halloween, so I've got some decorating goodies to share as well! Yippee!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good day!! Rainy here again, so it's an indoor day! (I like that bunches, but it give Lily a bit of 'cabin fever' I'm afraid!)

Becki

o

lmao I have a "jello mold" that is Halloween, sheesh gonna have to get the boxes down for Halloween this year! Yall have been soooo good for me! I am actually excited about ALL of the holidays this year! I LOVE Halloween, always have but then well ya'll know. NOT getting MUSHY here but Thank ya'll!!!!

SOMEONE HAS A BIRTHDAY TOMORROW BTW!!!! Wonder who that might be????

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Jello brains and witches brew....

I have the jello brain mold.... creepy fun. This year we're doing a zombie theme for the older kids (as in scooby doo & zombie island), last year our theme was "welcome t'Norg" and we had a pirate village (our pirate ship playhouse was all done up with a "skeleton crew").

Witches Brew Punch:

1 quart of lime sherbert in scoops
6 ltrs of lemon-lime shasta

Scoop ice cream into a punch bowl, pour in soda and foam up some brew for the kiddies. (I also make this with raspberry sherbet for valentione's day).

I love that I get to over-do the holidays and call it "work".

Becki, I can send you the place I got ideas from, but hubby being hubby, just HAD to take the blue prints and "fix them". As a result our castle now has 2 turrets and a working draw bridge. They also sell both plans and premade ones, but since I've free labor, I ordered plans. I'm thinking about having them design a 12 bed "castle" wall for the nap room (to fit the dozen or so toddler sized matresses in a staggered bunk-bed way). That may have to wait for next year though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Playhouses

o

I wanna go play at Fishy's place!!!
Please, please..can I?? Can I??????

Whhheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

:O) :O) :O)

I've always wanted to see a real castle!!!!! lol
Seriously...You have GOT to be the COOLEST day care provider/preschool type person...EVER!!!!

o

Eh, it beats working for a living.

o
ok, lunch over,

Time to go cover history with my 2nd grade class, today is Ceasar and Cleopatria and the fall of egypt. The parents are asking, will we go 3rd grade next year, as they'd rather keep the kids here, than move them to public school... somehow this is quickly becomming an elementary school, which means I'll need more staff next year (we're at 100% enrollment now, with a waiting list). Yes bunny you can, so long as you can fit inside the 5'6 ceilings. Tomorrow is my day off (I work Sat with the kids who's parents have the Thurs, fri, sat shift at the hospitals), but I'm doing a Sam's club run to pick up this month's restock, as well as the 3 trunks of dress up clothes I ordered (1 fairy set, 1 princess set, 1 "boy" set of firemen, policeman etc.) Then a trip to the farmer's market to order the 6 cases of fruit this week (they will deliver, but I wanna see what's fresh now, rather than pick off a list). The highlight of all this is that I got a grant to pay for $15,000 in repairs, additions and tools for the kids, as well as sending 2 senior staff to complete thier master teachers certs (I pay for additional schooling for the staff). So essentially it's money I get to spend on/for the kids and not have to worry about where it's comming from.

o
Relocating

After years I've finally got the center how I want it, and now hubby wants to relocate for his carrer (which on papaer is "sensible" as he can get far more work there, than working here, and he can bring in more cash than I can), however, that would mean leaving the center I built litterly outta the ground. Seems part of Mr fishy's wanting to move is that I've not changed my name (a name change after establishing a business etc. is a legal nightmare), he'd like me to sell out to my assistant (who wants to buy and can get funding), and reopen a new center after taking a year off and having a baby. I just don't know... at 24 with my husband's insurance money and my degree, I had plenty of time and energy (at least untill I realized I was pregnant) to buy land, supervise the center being built and plan for the opening (we opened when my son was 3 weeks old), I'm not sure where at 30 I'll find that energy (I suspect dropping 40 lbs would help mightily with that though). Still there is a huge need for good preschools, esp. that take at risk kids. Our other option is for hubby to work out there and fly home every week or two for a few days, which would only delay having to pick I think. I dunno for him it's rebuilding a city, but to me it's profiting off people who've lost everything, and we just can't seem to find that middle ground (at least he's looking at rebuilding cosy homes and communities, and not office high rises and luxury homes). He even promised to donate work to habitat for humanity if I'd consider the move.

o

i found a few sites to do the homeschooling for tabor on the lessons for him. so this is cool. but its still so something or another for me! i wish it all came in one downloadable thing! that would be cool! LOL i love all them recipes! we will have to try them! one by one. happy birthday bunny!! :'))
tabor and i love to watch zombie movies! they are cool to watch!!

o
homeschooling

Med, silly me, I can't remember how old Tabor is, but here should give you something to start with. they have 1/10 the site (still more than 1 kid can burn thru in a year) as free samples, for $20 a year you can access 100% of the site and even have it custom build your worksheets etc. I used it for the preschool classes when I first started.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ed helper

o

Fishy, I just don't think you can possible commit to any decision until you tour New Orleans and the communities that are established and livable at this point. I can't remember if you two are going to go down there for a preview and if so when? Too many threads ago, the old memory is slipping! LOL! I think it would be admirable to set up schools down there as that is all I hear about is how badly the schools are behind in rebuilding. Adequate childcare must be at a minimum as well. It would all go to improving the community. If anyone is going to contribute to rebuilding, why not let it be from someone as conscientious as the two of you? I do remember Trina saying how uncomfortable it is there much of the year, but again, don't remember the particulars. Trina, pipe in here!!!! LOL

Fishy, you are making me look forward to Christmas already! LOL! I really like the ornament idea, maybe open up the old suggestion box for people of different faiths as well.

Alana, I am loving the finger recipe! Super creepy! Everyone has great ideas for Scary Treats! I may have to steal them all and have a party for the kids this year!

Becki, I used to love the caramel apples until my parents ran the Fall Festival's Cotton Candy booth for our parish when we were kids. That is what I made for the booth every morning before it opened up for the day! One year we ran out of them and I had to run home and hurry up and make another 6 dozen. The caramel was in 5 lb cans and had to be double boiled before dipping the apples. Go ahead and TRY to hurry along 5 lbs of caramel to soften up enough to dip apples into! LOL! The apples kept getting stuck in the caramel after I would dip them. I wanted to scream. After I finally finished them I went to the bathroom to wash up and then came back to see 1 full gigantic tray knocked onto the floor with our dog Freddie chomping and licking her way through one apple after the other! Groan! LOL!

o
10 days over the holidays

We're going to visit over the holidays, which is why I offered the holiday swap, I won't be baking/making dinner/ having inlaws visit/etc as I'll be traveling, so I'm pretty free or duties that month.

Sure there's ideas for those who don't do a tree, so far the consence seems to be either 1. christian or 2. puts up a tree anyways (I'm in #2 myself), if we need a #3 decor idea, chanukka, kawanzaa, ramadan, solstice we can work out something (snowmen, polar bears and peguins are pretty universal "winter" themes).

o

Happy Birthday Bunny!

o

I'm gonna take Tracy's advice, and be lazy today!!! :O)

o

Hee hee hee,
Love Ya!
TracyPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Do you grow your own Jack 'O' Lanterns?
Depending on which ones you grow, this is why using collected seeds may not be the best option:
Pumpkins, squash and gourds are members of the vine crops called "cucurbits." There are four main species of Cucurbita usually included in the pumpkin, squash and gourd grouping. The varieties within a botanical species (which may be referred to as pumpkins, squash or gourd) can cross-pollinate. Varieties from different species do not. For example, zucchini crosses with Howden's Field pumpkin, acorn or spaghetti squash, small decorative gourds, or Jack-Be-Little miniature pumpkins because they are all members of the same botanical species (C. Pepo).

However, cross-pollination does not affect the taste, shape or color of the current season's fruit. Crosses show up only if seeds from these fruits are saved and grown the following year. Butternut squash, Small Sugar pumpkin, White Cushaw pumpkin, and Big Max pumpkin could all be grown in the same area without crossing because each variety comes from a different species. Because bees carry pollen for distances of a mile or more, in suburban areas where many gardens are in close proximity, fruits must be bagged and pollinated by hand if pure seed of non-hybrid varieties is desired.

o

Poison,
You are amazing! That is great information! I just clipped it and saved it in my GW File. I have wondered about this as I am thinking of starting a pumpkin patch next year. I thought it would be great fun for the kids but we do have a neighbor a few doors down that grows many different types of squash. I won't be going to the trouble of bagging and pollinating myself but will be keeping your post for a reminder to just go ahead and buy the seeds every year, just in case I forget and i get the urge to collect on my own! Thank you! You're such a smarty!

Tracy

o

Thanks for all the info, Alana! I am planning to grow pumpkins next year (hopefully, if we can find the room), so that is very helpful!!

Oh boy, girls! I am SO stupid!!! I think I totally crushed my husband last night, totally by accident. He decided to get on the computer last night, after I was asleep, and he got into my emails. Not good, since I haven't deleted anything in a few months. I had been emailing back and forth with someone here about some of our problems (very personal ones!) and stupidly didn't delete them!!! I don't know exactly what he read, but it probably wasn't totally kind, and I feel just awful now! (Something about little blue pills.) I was asleep when he came up to bed, but halfway woke up and said, "Did you find anything on ebay?", and then he said something I didn't really understand, and then he said, "I just love reading emails written about me." and nothing more. I didn't know what he was talking about and I said, "You mean mine?" And he didn't answer. All of a sudden I realized what he probably read, and feelings of guilt just flooded over me. I started crying and said, "I am so sorry." But, he didn't say anything else. I feel just awful! Not really about what I wrote, because that was me talking about "it" with a girlfriend (totally not unlike what I am pretty sure guys do with their friends.) But, I feel horrible that he read them. What a horrible wife I feel like right now! : (

o

Okay, I've been lurking on this thread for awhile - you guys all have such a great sense of humor - wish I could play, but I just can't right now. But Becki, after your last post, I felt the need to jump in.

It's taken me many years of being married to realize that some guys really DON'T talk about us and problems to their friends/brothers/dads the way we talk about them. As a GENERAL rule (definite exceptions on both sides), women tend to bounce things off each other more, men tend to keep them in. My husband always tells me he is working on "rising above it". From my point of view, I don't think they always rise above it - sometimes they just stew and carry grudges. The good news on that is that, too, seems to mellow out over time.

You can (rightfully) make a case that your husband had no right to read your email, but the point is, he did, and he's hurt. If he's the "strong, silent type" like mine, he's not going to want to talk right away, and if you're like me, you'll find that agonizing. I think they do this for two reasons - one, to process their feelings and respond only after they figure out how to act instead of react - this is good, and something we can actually learn from them! The second is, he may be using silence to punish you, or to gather ammunition for response - not such a good thing, and they'll never admit they're doing that! But usually it's a bit of both.

If you can, let him be. Go about your daily business, and don't act punished. He'll come around to talk on his own time, eventually. Then, this can be a great thing for your marriage. Clearly you have issues with him you felt necessary to discuss with your girlfriends (don't we all? :)) This will pave the way for discussing them with him. If you have tried in the past and he hasn't listened, point out exactly how you tried to discuss such issues with him, and how his not listening hurt you, and you felt the need to discuss them with someone else. Promise him that you will discuss all marriage issues with him first (then try to keep the promise!) if he promises he will genuinely try to hear what you're saying and maybe meet you halfway.

Good luck - bet this is a story you will be able to smile about and tell your kids about when they are all grown.

o

Ok if I join in? One of the members here, tracyvine, said very nice things about the group in full. :)

I'd like to enjoy a swap that is filled with promise!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

klickitat Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We are happy to have you!

I was looking for some pumpkin carving patterns this morning and found a couple of tips I have not tried for making my Jack'O'Lanterns last longer.

Apply a light coating of petroleum jelly on the cuts. It will seal the wound and the pumpkin will last longer. After carving, place the pumpkin in a cool, dark place.

And, you can usually revive shriveled pumpkins by soaking them in a bucket of water.

o

KLICK! You just put a huge smile on my face! I am so happy to see you come play with us!!!!! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Drippy, I couldn't agree with you more on pretty much all that you stated. I have a hubby that, when upset by me, he goes into the quiet mode. Come in and post anytime you like even if you can't play. You seem like a smart cookie, welcome here anytime!

Becki, Drippy is 100% right on everything she said. I think there is plenty of wisdom in all that she posted. Give him some space, go about your normal day, let him work through it. Ed is the strong silent type too, I have hurt his feelings in the past and me prodding him to "open up" usually resulted in ugliness instead of a productive conversation. Me leavig him alone to sort things out works out much better. Eventually there will be an opening from him and I just watch for it. Sending you hugs because I know you feel just awful. Squeeze!!!!

Poison: I like the vasseline sealant! Smart! iam wondering if a little lemon juice on the interior might help a little too?

Tracy

o

Wow, I can't wait until the boxes start flying! I have a feeling that there are gonna be some good ones!!!! :O)

o

Hi Ladies,
Sorry haven't been around much lately. Last night buddy was doing homework on the computer.

WELCOME KLICKITAT!!!!

Drippy I agree with you 100%, mine is the very quiet type also.

Becki, sending big hugs your way. Don't beat yourself up over it sweetie, just give him time to absorb things and open up to things. Fox does the quiet thing for a couple days and I can't stand that cause Im a talker, a very impatient talker.

Smiles,
Trina

o

Hi everyone!

Melissa-Happy Belated Birthday! I was 29 until this past July when everyone told me I was 40. Boy how time flies!!

Becki-I feel for ya! I've messed up a few times myself, and it seems just like Drippy says, he would just come around on his own, no matter how much I talked. I hope it doens't take too long. Don't be too hard on yourself!

I can't wait for the boxes to start flying either!! (The mailman brought a little sumthin in the mail today) :) Its just waiting for a new home now!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Karen

o

Thank you girls SO MUCH for the excellent advice!! Drippy, I think you hit it right on the head. When he came downstairs this morning, he really didn't talk to me - pretty much silence for about 45 minutes. Then he told me to go pick up the chicks that were at the post office in town, and when I got back, Lily was awake, and he was pretty much normal. I can't tell you how much I wanted to say something, but really didn't want to. Anyway, when he left to go to work, he even stopped and let me give him a kiss goodbye. So, things aren't all bad. Before he left we went out and picked peppers - we had a whole 5 gallon bucket full of green peppers! There are still lots more little ones on the plants too! This has been a phenominal year for peppers for us!! Very cool! So, anyway, I'll just wait and see what happens, but wait for him to bring it up. Thank you everyone! You are all so levelheaded and smart!!
Becki

o

Wish I could grow peppers like that! Chiles do ok for me, but sweet peppers are few and far between - I could use a bit more sun and a longer growing season.

Glad your DH is not antagonistic, Becki - probably deep in his heart, he knows he has a part in it, but if he's anything like mine, he'd never admit it. My DH - and the "D" part sure changes from time to time! - has never, in his mind, been wrong in 28 years of marriage, LOL. That's ok, he'll get his - in his next incarnation, he's coming back as a woman, married to a man JUST LIKE HIM!!! :)

o

OMG DRIPPY LMAOOOO CHOKED ON THAT ONE LMAO,..... COULD YOU IMAGINE OUR HUSBANDS COMING BACK AS A WOMAN MARRIED TO A MAN JUST LIKE THEY ARE???? SHEESH HMMM WOULD THAT BE PUNISHMENT OR PLEASURE????

o

Punishment! Absolutely, punishment! LMBO! But they need to suffer from really bad PMS too. That would serve them right for any "time of the month" cracks they have ever made in their previous lives! LOL

o

I agree on them suffering the really bad PMS!!!!! Mine also needs to experince the joy of pushing a 9 pound baby out his woohoo. Without ANY meds!!!!(Belive me I didn't plan on no meds)

o

Drippy - we used Bonnie plants this year, and we have been thrilled with them. We planted 9, and they have produced fantastically! We also learned last year that not to ever fertilize them! Last year we used Miracle Grow on them, and they grew like crazy, but produced VERY FEW peppers!! But, the chiles and jalepenos did wonderfully - don't even know why we planted them last year, as we hardly eat them! Only sweets this year!

Well, hubby brought it up already at lunch today. He came home and I said something about getting some a new movie in the mail today, and he said, "Oh are you going to tell your girlfriends that I'm not going to watch it with you?" (like last week.) I said, "You TOLD me to tell them that!" And then he said, "Yeah, but I DIDN'T tell you to tell them about my personal life!", and I said, "Yeah, you're right, and I probably shouldn't have." End of discussion. Short and sweet. I don't know if that will be the end of it, but if it is, that wasn't too bad!

I just felt bad - I am one of the few people that puts up with my husband - around here especially (unlike on the east coast where he grew up), he usually feels like a bit of an outcast (he is very outspoken, and opinionated, and it doesn't sit well with most people.) So, for him to see me talking about him, I know, hurt. It's kind of always been "us against the world". Does that kind of make sense? We just kind of keep to ourselves, and keep things close to home. Well - he doesn't seem TOO terribly torn up about it, so I think it will all be okay. Thank you again everyone! I just REALLY love him, and hate that he knows I said anything that would embarrass him!

Yep, that would be good, to have them come back as women - way too good!!!!

o

Becki, hun what he's not grasping, is that it's not "his" personal life but BOTH of your love lifes (after all it's not like you can call in a "stunt man" for the scenes he bows out of). A general note on the little blue pill, men are hesitant to ask thier docs, hesitant to say things aren't working etc... then they get on it, and swear it's a life saver. Hmmm Hubby already is married to someone as strong and stubborn as he is, we just learned to talk it out (our "rule" is however cares about it the most gets to decide, what TV to buy, all his choice, where the kids go to school, my choice... what's for dinner, we never seem to figure that out till 5:30 anymore.) Regardless, he was snooping, and just like you should never as a question that you're not prepared for an honest answer, you shouldn't look unless you're prepared for those consequences (a password on email solves much here).

o

LMBO...our men as US. Oh, wow...I'd like to be a fly on the wall for THAT one!! :O)
April- That's too funny! Men have NO concept of pain. None whatsoever. They whine when they get papercuts, for cryin' out loud!! LOL Although, I do have to give my hubby points. I've had all my kids at home, and he even delivered the 2 girls - no midwife - by himself...so he's pretty much seen labor turn things inside out. But he made a crack the other day...that I almost punched him for...(really should've now that I think about it...) He said..."oh, all you women do is cry and moan.."oh, I"m on my period..Oh, childbirth hurts so bad...blah blah blah"... GGGGRRR! I said..Oh yeah, buster?? You take what is SUPPOSED to be an 18 hour labor, and squish everything that happens during that time into 13 minutes, and you WILL FEEL PAIN!!!!! You have NEVER EXPERIENCED REAL PAIN UNTIL YOU SQUEEZE A WATERMELON OUT OF A CHERRY! So go sleep on the couch, buster!!!

LOL Yep, the kids thought that was REAL funny. Ha.

Ya know...I was reading about an epidural the other day, and I've heard women talk about how great they are..and I thought..."boy, it MIGHT be worth having another baby for, just to try one of those...see what all the fuss is about..." LOL Except they'd have to give it to me a month ahead of time, because my longest labor was 2 hours. Sounds great, but the downside of that is that I have a REALLY long recovery time. Like a month before I can move, or even roll over. Trust me when I say quick is not all it's cracked up to be!!!!

Becki- I am so glad you're feeling better! :O) I hope the rest of your day goes great for you!!

o

I'm glad to hear he is saying something at least! Whew! Won't be opening a pressure cooker then. I hope it gets better quickly, I'm sure you will probably get a few more comments. When he starts to lighten up tell him to go to the dang doctor, he could have circulation issues that really need to get checked out. Some of those problems are directly related to poof blood flow. Not something to mess around with. Love you to death Becki, sending more hugs!

April: I vote for a 13 pound baby, cause you know they aren't brave enough to give birth more than once! lol!

o
Then again...

My blue pill taking hubby left for work with visable love bites up and down his shoulders, I offered to get down a turtle neck, and he said at 40 he's happy to have them, and left.

o
Edpidurials

Labor went, it hurt, it hurts, it hurts, and I just don't care with the demerol, after the epi your body hips down goes numb and it is supposed to get easier (I did no pushing, both were C section, but I lied there while being dissected and guts opened). I can't even imagine having a baby at home with hubby's help (he nealy passed out when they put the epi needle in my spine, and he was supposed to be bracing ME for it). But I DID vomit all over my aniesthiologists shoe, when they tell you to look to the left, DO NOT LOOK RIGHT! there was the suction vaccumm thing with my blood/fluids, ick in it.

o

Thanks for the warm welcome! And a big thanks to tracyvine for the encouragement to take a stab at RR exchanges again. :) The best part is I just received an enormous box of bulbs today in the mail, and will be thrilled to share some of them. What a fun swap this will be!

o

ok lmao not to take away from childbirth here cause I went through 4 ala natural, no meds. Ask the hub if he wants to have a baby, then explain to him what Kidney stones feel like. Now for those of you that don't know what they are for men, they are about the size of a grain of sea salt/rock salt, if that big. I have gone through that experience with fox and of course I had to give him the "push push breathe" thing cause I am sorry that is the closest he will ever come to having a baby and they think they are dying??? I even named the "stone" lol "Sunshine", oh yes we got to keep it and every subsequent ones that followed that he "strained" out. (meaning he had to pixx in a strainer for two weeks afterwards to "catch" the other stones so they could be looked at.) Well sorry hubbies, that needs to be amplified by alot ALOT. Fox doesn't laugh at childbirth trust me lmao

o

He had kidney stones last summer, guess who got to call the ambulance because he thought his appendix burst?... twice.

o

Oh, that's bad, Trina! Poor Fox! We haven't had to deal with that here, thank goodness!!! Okay, and those of you saying to talk to the doctor, well, that is what I am pretty sure the email he read was about. He had gone to the doctor, and while he was there, joked around with his doctor that his wife thought he needs the blue pill. The doctor asked if we were trying to have any more kids, and when he said no, the doctor I guess told him that if he keeps losing weight I'll think he's a new man! And I was SO pissed that the doctor didn't take his joking seriously!!! Isn't a doctor supposed to dig when someone mentions something like that lightheartedly??? But, please don't think I'm not getting any - it's not that bad - it just doesn't last! But, he certainly makes up for it, so I'm not complaining too badly! ; )

As far as childbirth, I've been both ways. I didn't want to have drugs with any of them, but I have trouble going into labor on my own. So, I have had 3 births with a pitocin drip. Yuck!! Once it starts working, it makes it fast and hard. With all three of them, I had some painkiller, something they put in the IV, to take the edge off - I don't remember what it's called. With William though, I did go into labor on my own. (Though the doctor says it was because he had checked my cervix that morning.) So, no pitocin, no pain meds. And he was almost 9 lbs. - 8 lbs. 15 oz. And I have to say - that was my easiest labor! Incredibly painful, but maneagable. OMG - when I had William, I have this funny memory! I tore like crazy when I had him. The next day when I went to go pee, I used the little squirt bottle that they tell you to use to clean yourself afterwards, and I accidentally touched myself. It felt like there was a ball down there - I was swelled up so huge!! That was one of the weirdest feelings ever!!!

Melissa - I don't know how you did that at home! We talked to a midwife when I was pregnant with Lily, but decided to stick with my doctor. But, on our own???? Scary! My mom said that her mom gave birth on their kitchen table - all 8 kids. And most of the time, the midwife didn't make it in time. She remembers her dad delivering her younger brothers and sisters. Wow - that is so cool Melissa!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here