Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

UPDATE: Make New Friends Sounds of Summer #6 New Info Posted

tracyvine
16 years ago

{{gwi:1300221}}

Hello All! Here is the new story on this Swap! This is an exchange for windchimes only, please do not spend more than $10.00! You can make homemade windchimes, send flea market finds, or cool garage sale finds! This is a celebration of the Sounds of Summer. Originally we were sending plants too but due to various drought and flooding situations across the country with our members we have decided to simplify things and keep live plants out of the mix! Bonus items are fine to send along to your partner but that is strictly up to you. We are able to send Parcel Post or First Class Mail if the item is below 13 ounces.

Please email me your address and I will be picking partners soon. If anyone still wants to join there is 2 days left to email me. I will be sending each member an address to send your box too. We will NOT be posting partners online because we are keeping it a secret this time! So SHHHHHH! Don't tell your recipient that you have them. Feel free to tease though! Make silly hints too! Make everyone try to figure out who you have!

I am still waiting on addresses for Jennid, Fishymamas, and Debbya. Girls, sorry this has taken so long but we are close to the end now! I would like to have a mailing date of no later than 10 days from the date that you receive your partners address.

LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!

Comments (151)

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hermit,
    I'm so sorry to hear about Abaddon! My heart goes out to you!

Toby

Deb

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Aw, deb, I love the boo boo face on toby! He looks so sad.

Bunny, this is the weird thing, they didn't not give him the popsicle, he refused it. I am going to encourage the ladies to discipline him if he does it again. I'm just not sure if they are going to be like minded about the severity of it. I'm at zero tolerance on this one, I just hope they are too.

Pixie, no kidding, red popsicles are the best. I always fish them out of the box. hee hee. That was the other thing, I would never have chosen a snack that had anything different for one kid or another. Popsicles on a hot day is a great idea but the variety is spoiling for a fight. I'm just mortified that it was my kid who blew a gasket! If it were me handing out snacks, they would have all been creamsicles or fudgesicle. That way no whining. Head 'em off at the pass is my motto. LOL!

This tantrum thing has got to go though. I never had to deal with it from the other kids. I never give in to him if he does it for me so I don't know why he thought it was ok to pull on the poor ladies at school. I'm gonna cream him if he does it again.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Trina, they look like lucky charms to me. What do YOU see? LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hmmm....I'm thinking, old fashioned faucet handles. :O)

Oohh...Girls...speaking of....

I DARE YOU to go search "faucet" on photobucket.
    Go on.
    On the first page, you'll see a VERY INTERESTING faucet....

TRUST ME. :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Not even saying what I see lmao. You are right about the same for each one. But too, he could just be testing the waters, to see how far he can go and get away with. He knows the rules at home but then this isn't home so he could think that he could get away with more. I think as long as you talk to the teachers and they know where you stand then it will all work out ok. He, after all, is a child and this is all new to him. Hey we all test the waters lol its funny that they learn so young how to swim and see what kind of sharks there are out in the world eh?

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Um, did it have really big brass handles? LMAO! Hope that one doesn't drip...

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

That's usually the way I go with treats, all 5 the same. But if I DO get different ones, then the rule is "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit". Most often it works, because they know they can sample someone else's... :O)

A few weeks ago, we went through the bank drive through, and the lady asked if I wanted any suckers. I thought..well, the kids have been good, so I'll get some. I told her "5, please!" And it seemed to be taking a bit longer than usual......When we got home, I looked throug them to hand them out, and they ALL were the "mystery" flavored dum-dums!! (that's what took so long, the lady had to pick through them!) Which is REALLY a GREAT idea, because the wrappers are all the same, so you can't tell WHAT flavor you're getting! The kids loved the surprise, and best of all...there wasn't any arguing because they WERE ALL THE SAME! (wrapper wise!) :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Umm...Yeah, Tracy...THAT'S the one!!! LOL
    Want one for YOUR bathroom??????

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think HE is a little shark. Don't get too close...

I know what you mean. You're right, he's just trying to see if he can bully them. He doesn't go back until Monday afternoon and there will be plenty of opportunities between now and then to have refresher conversations. Maybe I can hit the library and get some story books for him that are about the grumpy bug and how no one likes to play with him. I did tell him that the other kids would not like to play with someone who acted so terribly. That caught his attention. He keeps talking about how he is making new friends and how before he had 4 friends and now he will have more. So, it may be a deterrent.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Believe me, I don't need one in the bathroom, I have 5 of them in the house as it is. Lots of those running around here! Seriously outnumbered!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay, did I mention that my hubby has turned into MARTHA STEWART?? He's been cleaning the house top to bottom, organizing everything (which means I can't FIND anything). It's great, but it's also driving me insane...I mean, he scrubbed the bathroom CEILING for crying out loud!!

Okay, girls...I'm headed home early tonight. Got a loaded day tomorrow, and need my sleep.
    Talk to ya'll Sunday night!!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

In my house that is called 4 play! LOL!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

so my baby.s gettin better! i just feel so bad for you bunny! jared, my little brother always tells me when i'm freakin or down, don't worry medo.... its all good! God will take care of you. he knows what best. and in his time. them he'll tell me a quote of where he says do not fret do not worry something about trust in me for i will
    take care of you. not the exact words. hope that eases ya some! your husband. thats halarious! i laughed so darned hard almost pee'd! Lol
    :~)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Medont, Glad baby is feeling better.
    Tracy,Welcome to the boogerhead club!Hope your cold is not like the one my family kept passing around.Feel better soon.
    Hmmmmm.... Who's chimes I will be sending out on Monday? Have a great day All!
    Later.....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for the warm welcome into the club, April. LOL! Ted started with it on Tuesday and I came down with it on Weds night. I am hoping it doesn't spread to the rest of the kids. Got the fever today! yay... Can't tell you how much fun the surprise sneeze attacks are! ha ha! Washing my hands like crazy and every surface in the house is getting cleaned. I'm going to go boil toothbrushes now. Do I know how to party or what? lol.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hermit,

oh i'm so sorry about your abaddon! when dre dre died, he was pure
    german rott puppy, it tore my heart out! just cuz people are stupid!
    my heart goes out to you! i wish i could send you lots of hugs! i
    would say i have big shoulders to cry on if ya needed, Lol but our
    page is big and we will listen. tracey got me to thinking of songs
    now. cuz thats what friends are for. how high school am i? Lol but
    thats so true! :~) the storm blew over my either foxglove or
    snapdragon. its tall. 3'

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

First few days it's completely normal for kids to feel overloaded with the new sights, sounds, people, new rules and everything else that comes with a new setting (remember feeling funky your 1st day at your job, and hoping you don't do something stupid?). Mrs. M should not be iving you or your boy dirty looks, however, dealing with new school aniexity is part and parcel of the job. Best thing to do is to let him know that he is loved, that you'll be there everyday after class, and he'll find his place in his new class. As for the exact popsickle issue, our "rule" here is "you get what I pull out of the box", if a child decides to skip it for any reason that's fine, but by FDA rules we must offer and encourage them to eat, we can't make them eat, or do the "you can't get up untill you eat your lunch", as that violates thier personal rights. So give the kid a few days to get his mojo going, and he'll adapt. I just about fell out of my chair yesterday when a principal called another child a b-r-a-t (yes that is a VERY dirty word in a preschool), it was the poor girl's 3rd day and she just wanted her mommy, and instead she's dragged up to the principal's office for a talk about her behaivor. She was here last year, very bright, just a young 5 year old who is slow to warm to new people.

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Yeah, orange popsickels stink, I order the sugar free philly swirl, which has a "dreamsickle" flavor, that will be eaten, but orange, lime and lemon flavors aren't a hit with kids, so I swapped over to popsickles with no "duds". Still I get alot more freedom with our budget than most teachers do.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ooh, that is an ugly word to use. Poor little girl. There was a girl that didn't want to stay without her parents yesterday so mom and dad got a couple of chairs and sat outside the classroom just on the other side of the glass doors so she could see them. Seemed to soothe her enough to join in the group activity.

I wasn't too happy about the look Mrs. M gave me. It felt like "you better get a handle on this boy", but that could hust be my interpretation, too. No one likes to hear when the kiddos act out. I will definitely give him encouragement, he is happily practicing writing his name as we speak. He can't wait to go back on monday, so that is good. Preschool is all he is talking about right now and has been all week. I know he is interested and wants to be there. Thank you for the encouraging words. I needed that!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

OHHH Tracy, when Nan was little and in preschool, I used to hate to go pick him up just because I knew I would hear about what he did that day. (he was a add child but couldn't tell it now). He would throw his shoes and belts and jackets over the fence into the yard next to the preschool that had a dog in it, he was always wound up and always doing something he shouldn't have been. The teachers were wonderful though. Ahhh the joy of children!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh baby, I am sure by the time that they are all grown and having kids of their own that I will have a special story to tell each of them about what precious little joys they were growing up! LOL! I just hope I remember all of them. Hee hee. I am relaxing about the whole thing. I think you guys are right about the outburst being stress related or something. I will hope for good days and deal with whatever may come.

So, I have shipped someone some windchimes today. I wonder who? Hmmm, east coast or west coast, or maybe someone in the middle, hmmmm... North or south... Yankee? A Reb? LOL! You know, my boxes have seen more of the continental United States than I ever have and probably will, lucky boxes!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

sheesh Imma gonna be the last one to ship a box I think. I STILL need to get some chimes! I am going this weekend. Its supposed to be pretty here all weekend and Fox told me no on the trip to mexico lol. Oh well! I will go when it gets closer to christmas.

Something around our house eats cell phones! First Fox's came up missing a couple weeks ago now mine is missing. I know I had it last night and thought I left it on the dining table but can't find it and can't hear it ringing anywhere! I would blame the kiddos but they were in their kennels all night and I let them out this morning straight outside so they wouldn't have had time. (wouldn't put anything past Mud!) Oh well guess I don't need it anyways. RIGHT!!!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

If he has a backpack, you can get one of those photo keychains, and put a picture of mommy and him, or the family in it, so if he gets lonely he can go look at it when he needs to. I ask parents for family photos, and have a "all about us" corkboard where pictures of family, pets, etc. hang so the kids have that presence in the room.

Since CA stayed outta the civil war, does that make me a yankee, a reb, or c. none of the above? A tamale maybe?

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL! Yep, you are one hot tamale!

The keychain is a good idea. I'll pick one up at the drugstore and put it on his tote when he gets it next week. They are allowed to decorate it themselves at home. I could maybe do a print out iron on photo. They do something similar with an all about me board, all the kids fill out a paper with favorite foods, pets, brothers and sisters, etc. I remember Jack and I working on it when he was there. I'll have to ask when that will be.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The Cell Phone Boogie Man lives here too. Drains the battery on the phone then hides it and you can't find it when you call the number! Evil little spook! Was looking for it for 3 days before I found it Ted's dirty laundry pile! He and I share one for when he is out with his friends and emergency contacts when they are in school. Makes it easy to disappear when 2 people are in charge of it. LOL!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

No, Pixie, as usual, mine will probably be the last one out! I can't even find anyone that still has windchimes for sale! Hmmm, maybe I can get Elizabeth to make me another one out of a hanger, yarn and spoons! Yep, that is hanging on my front porch - a wire hanger with 3 spoons hanging off of it. She was so excited about it, so I've just left it there (though we could actually use those spoons!)

So sorry about your dog, Hermit! We've lost many pets in the last several years - it is always hard!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey becki, you could always ask the hubby to make you one from scrap metal from his shop. Punch some holes in the pieces and string them with some fishing line. Nothing better than recycling! LOL!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WHOOOHOOO I love my boys!!! Alan and Buddy came home and Buddy told me to call my cell while he went to my truck to see if it was in there ! Coulda squeezed him tight! It was in there down between the front seats lol sheesh, I even looked out there and even found my lil scissors between the seat but not the phone! Whooohooo , hmmm now I just need to have him look for fox's phone lol. lmao

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Yippee, Pixie! Congratulations!! That's great when the kiddos help!!

Okay, so I just happened to be outside a little while ago with my little birthday girl, Lily (who turned 3 today!), when wouldn't you know, the UPS man drove past, and honked at me again! Wow - twice in one week! Now I'll have to see what he says when he delivers the new cake pan I ordered from Joann's! ; )

Gotta get back to making supper - eating early, 'cause Dylan has a football game in a little while!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I could mention something about the UPS man & his 'package', but we all know where that would go with this group.LOL!!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ya but what do ya do when your girl pee's her pants? she'u totally
    potty trained, in k. this is the 2nd time this week. not counting
    yesterday when it was almost all the way wet at the dr. but she won't
    say why. just that isaac sniffs her and bites her. she tells the
    teacher. he has a crush on her. we know that. i wrote to her teacher
    about this problem. and if ever anyone ever called my brat a brat, i'd
    be pissed! and tell him so! ya! thats one thing my hubby is so afraid
    of! my mrs b attitude w others!

thank you! i'm so glad he's doing better! we got him on zpack
    antibiotics 7 pills 2 pills the first day them 1 everyday for 5 days
    kicked that fevers butt! i was so worried. he has asthma, and this one
    lady had the same thing and it moved down and now she has pnemonia.
    on a happier note! the sun is out! we got awesome rain! i love
    seashells, butterflys, birds, flowers, bk mocha joe's! my mom buys me
    one when she comes in! i so wish we had a b k out here somewhere. Lol
    :~)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good luck at the game tonight Becki! Tell dylan to go get 'em!

Pixsters! Glad you got the phone back! That boy must be part blood hound.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

as lame as it sounds i'd be blank without my phone! its got everything
    in it! Lol becks got an admirer! Lol i'm a singing the song! ooh la
    la! becky and the ups man sittin in the tree.....LOL your lucky! ours
    is snotty! but maybe he's freaked by us, he's delivering gun stuff.
    bunny, how goes the job stuff? hope good! tomarow i get to go looking
    i hope! we have fairs going on this month. small towns! :~) maybe i
    can make them! i saw a really cute one on tv. but to make the noise.
    hmm... :~)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I would think your ups man would be nicer if he knew he was delivering gun stuff! LOL! I'd be nice as pie to you! I love going to the fairs. There is always a million things to see. Hope you have good weather for it!
    Tracy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

OK call me blonde but I just figured things out....

I kept getting confused when I saw Tracy's name at the top of Medont's post lol

Medontttt Miss ya girlie girl!!! I hope everything is sunshine and roses for you!!! Thats how I am with the phone, sheesh I don't even remember ma boys phone #'s cause they're in my phone! WHOOOHOOO girlie on the shopping and I love FAIRS! Katy's Rice Harvest Festival is coming up the second weekend in Oct. but anymore its always the same ol same ol

Smiles,
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Poor Pixie, I've been wondering if I was confusing anyone with my posting for medo! LOL! Sorry girls, If I put "medontdo mail" in the subject section then that is a post that michele has asked me to put up for her. She doesn't have regular internet right now and is checking her email from her cell phone. I am copying your posts for her and emailing them to her. I am posting anything she wants me to up on the forum for all of you guys. You all must have thought I was completely losing it! ROFL!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1300246}}

Don't worry it's just Michele and I in here! LOL

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lmao nooo actually I thought I was losing it!!! lmao

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just checked in on the daylily swap and saw that Jennid was in the hospital and is now recuperating at home but is on bedrest. Our Prayers go out to you Jennid. Get well soon!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I am watching the movie Double Jeopardy, with Tommy Lee Jones and Ashley Judd, I love that movie, I have seen it several times, even own the dvd but have never seen the first of it lol, so tonight I can finally say I have watched the beginning lol. Its still the beginning but a rfreakin commercial, I hate those things but oh well

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pixie, I have always loved that movie. I wanted to murder her lying husband myself after the first time I saw it! LOL! Baby stealin' dirt bag!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lmao dang girl, we all have another side to us, remind me not to make you mad!!! I agree, the sob gets whats coming to him.

Get better quick Jennid prayers are with you girlie girl!!!.

Its another commercial, sheesh and we pay for this chit lmao, Direct TV lmao, fox and I were talking about it last night, it boasts of over 900 channels lmao, well 700 of those are pay per view and music channels, the others play the same thing over and over til your sick of watching it lmao.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL! Yeah, I do have a temper when it comes to abusive men. Don't get me started. Itchy trigger finger when it comes to them. Women are usually safe though. Don't know how my hubby ended up with such a feminazi. LOL! You think tv commercials are bad... I have them in my email now. Flashing on the top of the screen in one account and then poppin up on the right side in the other one. You can close it but as soon as you move on to the next message it opens again with new commercials! Have you gone to the movie theaters lately? Now, before the movie trailers they are running commercials for area businesses. Not to mention they just raised ticket prices another 75 cents! I expect commercials on tv, even cable, but when I am paying for a movie and internet I get really annoyed. If it was a free site like this I don't mind so much.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

oh girlie I know exactly what you mean I have put up the pop up blocker but even get ad's on here!!! I have that kind of a temper also thank goodness that fox is a mellow man lol. I just can't see paying for something that has more commercials than it does the show. I hardly go the movies but sheesh when I do and have to sit there for 15 mins to watch trailers of other movies it almost ruins the movie for me.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Worst movie experience was just lately. Ed and I got to the movie theater on time (which is a small miracle for us). We buy snacks and then hand the usher our tickets and he directs us to the theater that ours is playing in. We sit there for 20 minutes of commercials and I am getting antsy because the movie should have started by now. Then there is some more trivia junk playing for 10 more minutes, finally I got mad and walked out to the usher. I complained and he just looks at me kind of stupidly and tells me I can get a refund if I like. I tell him that is not the point. Some of us pay babysitters to go out and expect to only be gone so long! I call home, tell the sitter we will be later than I thought and go back in to the movie. After another 15 minutes of trailers the movie started... It turned out that the little doofus directed us to the wrong theater that was playing the same movie at a later time. D'OH! I wanted to bean him with a Goober!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lmao omg that has happened to me before!!! any more I just look to see which of the 20 movies the one I want to watch is on lol. I get sooo angry cause we try to hurry not to be late only to sit there for 15-20 mins of trailers
    AND THEN THEY WANT YOU TO BE QUIET???? lmao, I try but I do complain about that!

LMAO hands ya some extra buttered popcorn to bean him with instead of a Goober!!!! (save those things)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

sheesh now ya got me thinking of choco covered raisins lmao, hmm must be getting to that time cause choco sounds good lmao. Good thing I still have a choco bar in the freezer from last august lol

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Omg, if i tried to throw popcorn at the guy ed would chomp my hand off. We stopped going to dinner before movies anymore because he won't order real food in order to save room for popcorn! Weirdo! I sit there eating a full meal and there he is across from me watching and nibbling at an appetizer. Talk about making me feel like an oinker! Lol!

You still have chocolate from last august? Wouldn't last in my house. These boys can sniff out candy from 100 yards away, fresh or frozen. I used to hide chocolate chips in there for baking until I found Ed with his arm in the freezer door. I asked him what he was doing that he was looking at me so strangely. He said "Nuffin". Big mouthful of my chocolate chips in his puss! I told him that is it! No more chocolate chip cookies, I'm not baking them anymore because everytime I get everything together the chips are gone! Bugger!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm going to go to bed. This cold is kicking my butt! Goodnight Sweetie!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lmao thats how it is here with choco chips lmao, but I am not a sweet person lol, I get a craving for chocolate every once in a long time lol, the hershey bar thats in the freezer came from last easter actually lmao. The guys love chocolate but it goes in spurts but BUT choco chips, snickers, (what are those peanut butter things in the yellow wrapper called, now I do like those occassionally) I am sure there are others too the guys like chocolate. I just don't care for sweets, I don't like coblers, pies etc, unless its apple fried pies or apple dumplings or apple crisp. I LOVE fruit though. I don't really care for cakes or brownies but I will make them and eat a pc of course. I LOVE the inside of pecan pies lol but don't like the pecans that are sugared .lol. I know I am a weirdo
    Funny thing is... I don't really care for potato chips either, I love salty things though lol.