Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

UPDATE: continue mnf flowers, feathers and fun***part 3

canyonwind
15 years ago

FLOWERS, FEATHERS AND FUN PART 2 IS TAPPED OUT AT 150....

Linda, I hope I am not stepping on your toes (ouch!!) by starting part 3.

I love the boxes you guys are sending...enjoy!!!

Annie

Comments (122)

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I'm glad you liked the box Carol! I hope the birds around your house are happy too! Nikki

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Linda ~ not since 9/13 when I sent her my address. Hopefully she's still 'in'.. not sure if she's posted anything in here or not? I'm not complaining of course, mine's not going out til Monday to Misskimmie :P

Nice box Nikki! :)

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

update on boxes: received

proudgm/becky sends to...

canyonwind/annie sends to...annie received her box

nikkineel/nikki sends to...

veejall/carol sends to... carol received her box

dan the mailman/dan sends to...dan received his box

debya/deb sends to ...deb received her box

ejmoore510/joan sends to ....joan received her box

ishareflowers/lisa sends to ...lisa received her box

paradise acres/jay & rhonda sends to ....they received their box

lindaruzicka/linda sends to ......

wynative/marie sends to...Marie received her box

prairiewinds sends to....

sassybutterfly/wendy sends to....

misskimmie/kim sends to .....

shadymeadows/sandy sends to....sandy recieved her box

ladygreensleeves sends to ....ladygreensleeves received her box

vic zn5/vic sends to....vic received her box

suze62/suzi sends to proudgm/becky ......

okay,
    suzi has sent to becky but it hasn't arrived
    Annie has sent to Nikki but it hasn't arrived

pending:
    jay and rhonda to linda
    prairiewinds to wendy
    wendy to kim

I did send an email to prairewinds and asked her to post or contact me.

now, if I've messed up or forgot someone, please let me know...

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I sent her an email too :)
    Will letcha know..

~Wendy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

wendy,
    I heard from carol/pairieswinds. She's finishing up and will have it out tomorrow..."S"

• prairiewinds
    15 years ago

Sorry guys, I'm trying to register for college as well as a dozen other things. It should be off tomorrow. Hope you enjoy it!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

did you get registered? Where are you going and what are you taking? Inquiring minds want to know..."S"

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

WOOOOHOOOO! I received my box from Annie and it is LOADED with lots of goodies! She sent:
    cardinal windchime (I love windchimes!)
    a thermometer with birds on it
    black oil sunflower seeds (for the birds)
    2 bags of salted peanuts
    2 dishtowels: one with birdhouses and the other has ghosts for halloweed
    a notepad
    snickers and m&ms
    a butterfly bookmark
    hand cream
    seeds: primrose, black hollyhock, butterfly flower, and parsley
    bulbs: 2 calla "green goddess", 10 spanish blue bells, and 25 allium drumstick (she even printed information for each type!)
    Bulb planter: This is not like any bulb planter I've seen! it has a squeeze feature that opens to release the dirt - how cool is that!
    She even sent some German hair for the birds to make their nests with a sweet little note from her dogs.
    She also included a frog, fly, and snake which my 8 year old has been playing with all day.
    Thanks Annie for a very thoughtful, creative box. You have included my favorite things! I LOVE IT ALL!!!! Nikki

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

great box Annie...your boxes are always full of surprises..."S"

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Suze, your box WILL be going TODAY!!! Sorry for the delay! I had to make sure I packed it while Zack wasn't around, there is something in it that he wants to keep, but I do not want it in MY house! But since you said I could send ANYTHING!!! ROFL!!!

I hope you enjoy it! I'll post the DC# later today!

Vic

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nikki,

I hate to break this to you but.....the peanuts are for the birds!!! LOL!! My birds go through bags and bags of peanuts!!

I am 99 percent sure I put a bag of Blue Hyacinths in your box...if not, I am either loosing my marbles or the Germans Shepherds ran of with the bag (again) or my 8 year old neice took it upon herself to plant them!

Enjoy...have a great weekend!!

Annie

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Oh Annie, I have to share my peanuts with the birds?:) I learn something new everyday on this forum. And yes, I can't believe I didn't post but Annie sent a huge bag with - get this - 35 blue hyacinths in my box. As Annie knows, these are my favorites! Spring is going to smell heavenly at my house! Thanks again Annie for the best box! Nikki

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Suzi, I emailed you, I need something b4 I can send your box! I musta lost it!

Nikki, What a great box!!

Vic

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Suzi, I would be afraid..very very afraid....

• suze62
    15 years ago

Been gone all day guess I'll sneak over and ck my mail. Shaking shuuuu what could it be :)

Suzi

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Suzi, I missed the po! I didn't want to send it until I heard back from you, sorry!
    Now I'm gonna have to put up with this thing all weekend, I guess I should take it out and feed it! heh heh heh

Vic

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I received my box from Suzi yesterday and what a box! WOW!!! I'm speechless! Here's what she sent:

a scarecrow planting stake (Way too cute to go outside!)
    a little glass bird that looks like he's praying (So cute!)
    a beautiful color tart bearded iris rhizome (Beautiful color!)
    a frog birdbath (How did you know I love frogs!?!)
    a pair of gardening gloves (My hands and nails thank you!)
    a bag of caladium tubers (One of my new favorite plants!)
    a rain gauge with a turtle on a rock (Turtles are another of my favs!)
    a little glass pumpkin dish (So happy to add to what few fall decorations I have!)
    a metal frog decoration for my garden pond area (He's so cute holding a lily pad umbrella and a wire basket!)
    a beautiful birdhouse (My little wren will have a new home!)
    a bag of freesia bulbs (I've been wanting to try these!)
    a bag of Queen of the Night tulip bulbs (Black! One of my favs!)
    a Container Gardens magazine (Lots of new ideas to try!)
    seeds (in such adorable packs and things I didn't have!):
    yellow 4 o'clocks
    lite purple 4 o'clocks
    pink 4 o'clocks
    pink rose of sharon
    orange canna

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Such a fantastic box of bounty! I am so thrilled with everything! It was like Christmas unwrapping all your "presents"! What wonderful people you MNF people are!

Becky!

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nikki,

Ok...if you want to eat some of those peanuts, go for it!!!! I am sure the birdies will forgive you...tweet...tweet!

Becky, a very nice box from Suzi!!!! Enjoy!!

Have a great Sunday!!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

What a great box Suzi! I'd say you outdid yourself!

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

I love reading about what's in all the boxes!

• suze62
    15 years ago

Becky,
    So glad you liked your box.. Turtles/frogs are some of my favs too :)

Linda thanks, you done a great job putting ev1 together... Hopefully I'll not change my mind when I get my box from Vic :~) I'm gonna open it verrrrry slowly... hehe

Vic, I did say u could send anything ;D

Have a great night ev1!!!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"handing Suze a pair of looonngggggg tongs and some goggles"...

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Misskimmie your box will be goin' out today. I had hoped to perk up your plants I'd had shipped to me before I turned around and shipped them to you.. they're a bit 'iffy' right now, but I figure you can baby them up properly when they get there.. I don't wanna put them thru too much shock of waiting and keeping them potted up when they need to get in a more permanent home! Hopefully they will do well for you, if not, please let me know and I'll happily replace them! I just don't wanna wait any longer to get your box out !

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... (jumping up and down) I can't wait. Wendy, I looked at my trade list ? I can't even begin to guess what you got me. Gee this RR stuff is so much fun.

love,

kim

• prairiewinds
    15 years ago

Finally got to the P.O.. Sassybutterfly here's your confirmation #0307 0020 0003 6858 7452. Thanks for the fun. Hope you enjoy it!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Suzi, your box went yesterday DC#01038555749592089671
    I hope you like it!
    And, don't worry, it's in a cage! ROFL.......

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hmm...guess I should've included gloves with those tongs and goggles!

Well, the Flower, Feathers and fun is just about wrapped up. Remember to post what's in your box when you get it..we all love to see what's in everyone's boxes!

• wynative
    15 years ago

Carol -

I finally got you package sent out! Sorry it is so late... I will email you the conformation #.

Enjoy!
    Marie

• suze62
    15 years ago

Welllll now Linda, guess you'd better slang them there gloves my way!! ROFL

Vic, I'm sure what ever the cage is housing I'll love it :)

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Suzi, I'm sorry, I figured you had gloves! I would have sent some had I known!
    We will see how much you "love it" heheheh! I'm afraid that my box will probably not compare to the wonderful box you sent out : (

Marie and Regina!!
    You 2 have me hooked on Amaryllis now! I don't know what I'm doing right but these babies are growing like crazy!

Marie, the one you sent me has gotten at least 4 in taller and has 2 more coming up. I repotted in a size larger pot, but I think I need to go up again!

Reging, that bulb you sent has already gotten about 6 in tall with 3 leaves and there is another one that started to come up yesterday!

I can't wait to see them flower!!!!

Vic

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Hey kids are you all done yet? I see some DC's posted from a few days ago. What'd everybody get?! I'm dying of curiosity over here!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I got a sweet box from Carol! I'll post the goodies in the morning tho cuz I'm finally able to do dishes and laundry cuz the plumber man FINALLYYYYYYYY fixed all our plumbing issues!!!

Kim's box should be delivered tomorrow I think (?) I'll post the DC# in the morning as well!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

I'm thinking Suzi should have gotten her box today and am worried that she took the thing outta the cage without gloves on and can't type anymore!

• prairiewinds
    15 years ago

Finally got the time to actually read this post from the beginning. Wow, ladies and gentlemen, for what little I've seen we know about eachother I feel like it's one big happy family.
    Linda, I'm trying to finish up my first year majoring in Business Management. I already have the job, but want to enhance my skills. Running a prison kitchen gets a bit hairy at times working with their issues and providing a "decent" meal- you've heard about prison food, haven't you? :-)
    Marie- You're box arrived today. Wow, do you have a crazy sense of humor!LOL
    Here's what I received:
    Bird of Paradise plant
    plant food
    a darling little birdhouse
    High Country Gardens catalog
    Stationery set (cute!)
    Black-eyed Susan grow kit
    and these seeds-
    4 o'clock mix
    rainbow lantana
    burgundy galardia
    white cleome
    easter egg
    Thank you so much Marie and keep in touch.
    Wish me luck folks, it's back to the books....again! Ugh!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Prairie, my husband's taking Business Management as well. We're almost through the first 9 week set of classes. He starts a different segment in two more weeks. So far he's got an A average in both classes. I'm so very proud of him for going back! I'm hoping that in the spring I can start classes. I've been in Business Management for about 10 years, though I don't have a degree. These days you have to have a degree to get a decent paying job. Good luck with it and if you need help, just email me. I'd also be happy for you to have my phone number to call if you need help. I've been helping Cliff and the things he's not clear on he picks up very quickly with a little clearer explanation. The instructors are great, and are willing to help, but he and I think very much alike, so sometimes my answers make more sense to him than theirs.

Everyone is getting wonderful boxes! I'm eagerly awaiting the partner's list for Ghouls!

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I received my box from Jay and Rhonda..WOW..what an awesome box, this was what was in it:
    A bird and Blooms magazine (I enjoy reading this magazine)
    scary spider lights (I had to plug these in right away)
    a glass hummingbird feeder: now this is goldish colored in a triangle shape. It has a really pretty flowered bottom on it, never seen one like it!
    hummingbird nector
    a wooden plague that says "time to plant 1st full moon" with a little gardening shovel on it
    bird suet (I have to hang this up today)
    a mystery vine
    strawberry plant
    birdhouse gourd seeds (these will be awesome next yeara0
    pumpkin Big Max
    negrita lanstem puurple tulips
    polygnum bistarta (I have to look this one up!)
    small purple flower bulbs
    mixed zinna (love zinna)
    teddy sunflowers
    marigold

This was a fun box to open, you guys did a great job! Thanks so much!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Suzi should have gotten my box yesterday, so I hope we will hear from her today and then I think we just have Kim to rec her box? Is that right Miss Linda? : )

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I do believe you're right, Miss Vic.."sipping tea"...I think everyone did a great job with the boxes. What an imagination this group has!

• prairiewinds
    15 years ago

Thanks, Kathy. Keep in touch! Every ounce of help would be appreciated.
    I can't believe I forgot Marie's best part of her box. It's a tree ornament that looks like some crazy chicken/rooster. It sure got a reaction out of my dh for sure! "What the heck is that?" I love it! Thanks again, Marie!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Prairie, more than happy to help. Cliff's doing well in his classes, but I can definitely see where some of it might be confusing when reading about it rather than learning it in practical application. Sometimes it's difficult to learn something without understanding the reasons it's done that way.

Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers :) and don't hesitate to email me. If you'd like my phone number, just drop me an email.

Kathy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Suzi, ummm, did you not like the box I sent you??? : (

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

OMGoodness! Wendy is new best friend. I love you girl!!! I got the "bestest" box of all. It's very late for me so I won't post contents until tomorrow after I get back from church.

kim

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

Drum roll please, Ladies and Gentlemen, I now reveal to you the contents of the fabulous box that wendy sent to me:

* 3 (three) boas - one pink, one plue and one purple - my husband has been out of town for 3 days . I think I'll dress up in feathers for his return ;) lol
    * A wooden caddy with roosters - thanks!
    * A metal bird that is also a bird house - this is really cute. I'll but it in the woods with my new plants.
    * A crow scarecrow pic (for the fall wreath I just made for my front door)
    * A flower pick
    * A magnet notepad - for my refrigerator... I'm always looking for a scap of paper to write a note
    * 2 sets of work gloves - I really needed these
    * A bag of jiffy pellets (always useful)
    * A white pillar candle with purple flowers
    * A beautiful green petal candle dish with tea light - now on my coffee table
    * 3 tiny flower pot candles - too cute
    * lemon verbena home fragrance ( love that smell!)
    * A big bag of small narcissus bulbs ( almost bought these for myself last week)
    * 4 plants
    variegated hosta "minuteman"
    variegated creeping fig
    lingularia the rocket
    Cimicifuga racemosa (Black Cohosh)

Wow Wendy wow. As I said " I gots the bestest box"!. My daughter and I had so much fun pulling all the gifts out of the box. The natives look a little sad. But I've already planted them and they will get lots of TLC. I do love everything in my box so much. You certainly puts lots of thought into that box and saved the best for last. Thank you.

(((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))

kim

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

Did I just say one pack of jiffy pellets ? I ment 2 ... thats alot, but will be used when I start my grow light up late winter.

kim

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

lol I'm glad you liked it Kim! As I said I still have some seeds to mail your way too! I think the (2) trips for those plants was just a bit too much... I wish they would've come sooner so I could've given them more down time. Lemme know if there are any problems w/ them ok?

Hugs!
    Wendy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Kim that is an awesome box from Wendy! You'll have to share some pictures of your bird house. It sounds adorable!

Great box Wendy!!!

• suze62
    15 years ago

Drum roll please,

1st sorry 4 the delay in letting Vic and ev1 know that I got my box Thursday evening. I had to leave Thursday evening suddenly and didn't get back home until this evening. Any way what a GREAT box and I have all my lembs in place LOL.
    Vic sent Mixed H-Hocks,Cosmos,Cleome,Foxglove,Coneflower,Money plant,Malva,Larkspur,Mixed Dutch Iris bulbs,H-chicks,Day lily,Hosta, sounds like plenty already right!!!
    O theres more Patio candle,09 Butterflies calendar,Humming bird feeder(tray nice)Metal bird hanger&&&&& A lovely Chirping bird in its cage(thankfully :)
    (Now this is b-4 I opened my box) Lil did I know it but this Birdie was already turned on.. So when I got my arms unloaded I herd a bird so I go looking around to see if one flew in with me. YES I did (U all are cracking up right :)
    Miss Vic U would have gotten a blast out of this if U could have seen me and what a laugh I got...
    This was a wonderful box you truly out done your self Girl!!
    Thanks again

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

"A lovely Chirping bird in its cage"
    ROFL!!! That thing drove me crazy! lol, But, it's Linda's fault! SHE said we had to send something funny! Of course I'm sure your postal carrier didn't think it was too funny having to listen to it all day!
    I'm just courious to see how many swaps this little chickapoo makes it through, I'm sure it will go into that "recycle" gift box! LOL

I would have loved to see you looking around for a bird in your house!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

what great boxes to end my first swap with!! But blaming me for a chirping bird?...oh c'mon now....LOLOL

• wynative
    15 years ago

Carol,

Glad you like you little 'birdie'! I thought he was so cute, I got one for myself, also. LOL

Marie

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES