Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: update: Bloomin Friends Fall Foliage swap

brittneysgran
17 years ago

Wow We reached our max again on this one.

We only have a few more to post and this one will

be finished. Its been a great month and everyone

has been great sending on time and posting if a little

behind.

UPDATE::::::

These have received their Sept. boxes so far.

number_1_angel (JEANETTE)

giverny4me(SUSAN)

klickitat (JULES)

veeja11 (CAROL)

beth_b_kodiak (BETH)

earthlydelights (MARYANNE)

mellen (MARY ELLEN)

cedarnest (NANCY)

irish_rose_grower (MAUREEN)

debbya-(DEB)

lunamoon (JENELL)

faithinfrogs (CHAR)

lil green thumb (KIMBERLY)

theresa24 (THERESA)

sguanzon (SUE)

brittneysgran (SHIRLEY)

Still waiting for these to receive: Be sure to post if you have your swap box.

skohler

grannymarsh

amybabyboy3

Marsha---please post about your box if you have it. That will leave us only two to go.

Shirley

Comments (35)

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Well, I suppose Shirley and I will sulk the rest of the day. Both our teams lost :-( Waahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I heard those windchimes a ringin' for the good plays tho' Shirley!!!
    My Vikings kicked BUTT right up until the very end, and then those darn Bears (which I depsise!!!!) scored....argh!
    First loss of the season. Should'of taken some knee caps out on the Bears.

OK, done venting now (out loud anyway)
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hmmm, we are sure a chatty bunch - a second thread to finish a swap.

football -- you can keep it! my entire family were sport freaks, i never really got into it. i do like baseball, and when my kid was younger, i was involved in little league for a zillion years and not just as one of those annoying parents on the sidelines. and yeah, i like boxing. but all those sports really ruins sunday television! lol

sorry your team lost.

i cooked all day. made a pot of chicken corn chowder. made some meatballs, a pot of gravy (or what some people call sauce). i made a couple trays of lasagne (homemade lasagna noodles too). cooked a small meatloaf and made another one for put away; a tray of baked ziti (needed to do something with all the lasagne fixing leftovers), sausage peppers and onions and roasted a bunch of peppers. my house smells incredible. the dogs loved all the tastings too. they kept coming back for more.

off to clean up the horrendous mess i made.

be well all, happy blooms
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My goodness Maryanne wish I lived close I would come over and eat with you. Sounds wonderful.

Tina-I have never gotten into football either. I LOVE to play sports but don't like to watch. I'm 54 and still play volleyball. I'm the captain of the team. It will be sad when I have to give it up. I played softball until I was 45 then took up volleyball. I had an ankle injury in February 2006 and thought it was over but have been able to play again this Fall.

Shirley

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

My boxes (2) for Amy are packed and going to the post office tomorrow. I will post the dc#'s tomorrow.

I'm not into football either, but can tell you it's been on the tv all day. DH is a huge sports fan, me and my son can do without it. So I packed trades today, it was beautiful out. And I went to costco and bough 150 more tulips. That's about 400 now. Hummmm... where to plant them and the lilys ???

Maryann, I'm salivting!! All of that homemade foods sounds so scrumption. Guess what we had for dinner? French toast made with Challah bread. Yummm....

I have to go clean too, off to vacuum and mop the kitchen floor.

Anyone have any hyacinths to trade?

Maureen

• skohler
    17 years ago

maureen I have hyacinth :))) how many you want ?
    maybe we might get paired up in the bulb swap :))

can't stay on much longer have to put my kids (birds)
    to bed :)

will try to post tomorrow with a few up-dates .
    susie

• grannymarsh
    17 years ago

Received my September box from debbya right on time. Everything was well packed. Thank you Debby.
    Shirley, my Hostess gift to you will go out about mid-week.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

UPDATE::::::
    These have received their Sept. boxes so far.
    number_1_angel (JEANETTE)
    giverny4me(SUSAN)
    klickitat (JULES)
    veeja11 (CAROL)
    beth_b_kodiak (BETH)
    earthlydelights (MARYANNE)
    mellen (MARY ELLEN)
    cedarnest (NANCY)
    irish_rose_grower (MAUREEN)
    debbya-(DEB)
    lunamoon (JENELL)
    faithinfrogs (CHAR)
    lil green thumb (KIMBERLY)
    theresa24 (THERESA)
    sguanzon (SUE)
    brittneysgran (SHIRLEY)
    grannymarsh (MARSHA)

Still waiting for these to receive: Be sure to post if you have your swap box.

skohler
    amybabyboy3

Two to go.....

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Char-Thank you so much for the ty beanie baby. He has little purple flowers all over him and is holding a little purple and white flower. Thanks so very much.

Shirley

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Shirley - Please forgive me! I temorarily got you confused with Dawn (mamabird). I always read the "Traveling Daylilies" thread (I really enjoy them), and I read where you had sent Dawn the "Pittsburg Steelers Windchimes". I thought that was so cool :-). So, I 'spose DAWN and I sulked all day, LoL.
    I was never really into football until DH. He accepts my addictions (gardening and a jungle of a house w/ all the houseplants, watching Nick at nite Rosanne and Fresh Prince of Belair)LoL, So, I accept his addictions of "Overhaulin'", football, his quirky show of "Red Green" (which I can't stand! :-)) on public television. We both love our home shows and gardening shows. So, it all works out in the end :-).
    I'm so sorry I had a temporary brain fart, LoL.

earthly - I can smell all that great food all the way in Iowa! I don't hit the kitchen that hard until mid Oct. And I never leave then kitchen again until mid Feb. LoL

Well, tomorrow starts a whole new week of "NON - STOP" again. Both older kids have games/meets tomorrow. It all starts at 6 am and goes 'til midnight all week. I'm getting tired just thinking about it.
    Still trying to get some laundry finished up.
    Hugs to ya'll,
    Tina

• mellen
    17 years ago

Thought I heard hollering from MN. Son's girlfriend and family are HUGE Vikes fans. He is a Packers fan not a Vikings fan. I even bought him a Vikings t-shirt, but he won't wear it. DS and her dad often go back and forth at each other about their teams.

Way to go Shirley! I always loved softball. Played on a town team even after high school. But not til I was 45! LOL

Maryanne, what got into you??? Want to be my neighbor? Actually, hubby is a great cook. Tonight he cooked a turkey breast, made baked cream corn with oysters, and baked sweet potato casserole. Delish!

It was a gorgeous day here, today. Got a bunch of bulbs planted--narcissus from Carol, some old tulips and daffodils--don't know if they will grow but worth a try, I guess. Also some allium that I got from a coop. Still more allium to plant. Just ran out of sunshine. SHOULD have been at school working as I am already sooo behind on paperwork. But will just continue to stay late again next week.

WooHoo! I got a visor from Carol in another swap. Along with a purple and white feather boa and 10" long edible rat. Will get a picture taken and post it sometime.

Hugs to all you bloomin' friends, Mary Ellen/Mellen

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

shirley, stop in anytime...there's always something cooking. that invitation is open to everyone!

wow maureen. 400 tulips. i thought i was a little obsessive lol - tulips are probably a plant i have the least. i keep saying i am going to have to change that. i have been looking over the colorblends catalog and all of them are just so gorgeous it's tough to decide on just a few varieties. i might have to close my eyes, open a page and pick. have you seen those new green with a splash of white to them? how neat is that. how many hyacinths are you looking for? now that's one i have a bunch of. (this is only a portion of the planted area, and i cut them all the time and bring them in - just love the scent)

shirley i still owe you a hostess gift. it will be send out my next P.O. trip. i was so worried about getting my plant swaps out first.

marsha, it sure would be nice if you shared what debby sent you. everyone got such great boxes so far and we've heard all about them. i'm sure everyone would like to hear about yours. i know i sure would. i love hearing what everyone sends/receives.

sue, i can't believe how quick those birds grew up. do you have them promised out yet? do you name them? i watched the march of the penguins last night. wow, are they ever a fascinating bird. so much i didn't know until i watched that. God never ceases to amaze me.

can you believe september is almost over? where does the time go?

good night all, be well, happy blooms,
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maryanne....If you get my name in the bulb swap I love hyacinths...hint hint. They smell heavenly. I love bringing them inside also. They perfume the whole room with their scent.

Tina-Yes I did send Dawn the steelers windchimes. The picture she posted never did come up though. I saw them in a magazine and had to order them. Honestly that is the only team name I remember and it's because she likes them so.

Mary Ellen-I never did play sports in school just took them up years later. My DD is just like me she loves them. It will be many years before she gives them up. For years we played softball together. Co-ed was alot of fun for us. Men and women play on the same team. The men had to hit this huge softball. The women hit the regular size softball. You just had to watch and make sure the men did not take your head off when they threw the ball. I think they forgot sometimes that we were women.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ladies we must have all boxes received before you can participate in the next robin.

Please let us know if you have sent your boxes out or why not....

We still have these waiting on their boxes:
    Susie
    Amy

Maureen has posted that Amy's will go out today.
    Jeanette has Susie's been mailed? Please let us know and
    this will finish up this great Fall swap.

Shirley

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Hi Amy, here are the dc#'s for your boxes.

0305 2710 0000 6573 9231

0305 2710 0000 6573 9248

They were shipped via priority mail today. Sorry for the lateness.

Shirley - I'm mailing your hostess gift tomorrow. It's being packed now :-)

Off to the garden,
    Maureen

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Wow--i thought I had sent my box out already!!!! I need a secretary!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing you are keeping track of me Shirley--thats a full time job in itself!!Hahahaha!! I feel like I just got a MUCH DESERVED crack on the knuckles-so I will pack it up tonight and get it out in the morning--I have joined so many this month that I lost track I guess--
    Boy is my face red-- I AM SORRY SUSIE :(--you should still get it before september is over!!
    Jeanette

• skohler
    17 years ago

No Problem Jeanette & I will try to get the recipes to you tomorrow .

I would like to take time to THANK Shirley for a great
    job well done on this swap :))

& To ALL Of our New gardening Friends that has joined
    our group you all have made our group a team :
    thank you for picking our group .
    Hope we can help your gardens grow .

hope to see you all in the bulb swap :))
    if you cannot play please let our Hostess " remy "
    Know .
    thank you all again for a very nice swap .

susie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    Your hostess box went out today, #0306 0302 0005 0614 2237.

Earthly,
    Grannymarsh didn't mention what I sent-- so I will. It took me quite a while to wrap/pack the box.
    I hope Marsha was happy with the box (if not please let me know, and if anything perished, I'll gladly replace it).

I sent- "Elegans" Hosta rooted division, "Little Grapette" daylily plant (Susie sent me a few daylily plants this spring as a 'gift' for naming our group, Little Grapette was one of them, and the plant multiplied already!) So, I had one to share! 3- outdoor Optunia cuttings (yellow-blooms) cactus pads that survive a Chicago winter (with no special care, they even survive in pots) and multiply constantly. They have been growing in my Dad's cactus garden for 25+ years. I also send some seeds- Candy Lily, Blackberry Lily, Loose strife (Firecracker) plant (rooted), Variegated Pandora's vine (rooted), Hen & Chick (rooted), Moss roses (rooted), magnetic paper for the fridge. I'm not sure if I wrote down everything, I tend to stuff the box as much as possible!

Deb

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deb-What a nice box you sent. Thanks for sharing that you named the group. I love the name and now know who came up with it.

Jeanette-I totally understand. I tell my husband all the time that we are going to have to hire someone to help us keep up with our stuff. We spend half our time looking for things. I write EVERYTHING down, at work and home.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

deb, i just love hearing what everyone sends/receives. thanks for posting, i appreciate hearing what you sent.

one more box to go and on with october's swap.

be well ~ happy blooms,
    maryanne

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I just wanted to post that I received a wonderful gift from Beth B Kodiak yesterday. It's not a part of this swap but.... all I did was send her some seeds she'd asked for and in return she sent me Four daylilys two each of Super Purple and Snow Blizzard. What a wonderful gesture and totally unexpected. Just goes to show what a wonderful group this is. Thank you Beth!

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth-Thank you so much for my Fall wall plaque. I have it hanging on the porch. I just love it. You did good.

{{gwi:1300260}}

Shirley

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Susie your conf # 0306 1070 0002 2248 8102 I really hope you like all your goodies--hopefully you will still receive it in September:) I am sorry for making you wait though-I truely thought I had sent it--
    Shirley -your hostess gift will go out in the morning mail--sorry so late for you too--I am a bad bad girl!!!
    Jeanette

• skohler
    17 years ago

thank you jeanette will let you know when it arrives :))

as for you being behind look at it as the month got ahead of us :)))
    went way to fast this whole growing season
    went so fast.

look forward to the bulb swap :))
    have a great evening all
    susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Jeanette - I tried to reply to your e-mail tonight, but this is what I get:

(expanded from ): host
    storefull-3258.bay.webtv.net[209.240.207.178] said: 554-The incoming
    mailbox for user number_1_angel is full. 554 This person is not able to
    receive more mail at the present time. (in reply to end of DATA command)

Also thought I would let you know that tonight is the first I have received anything from you.

Thanks, Tina

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Tina-that is an old addy--as you discovered and not the one I sent you--I did receive your email this morning

Carol-conf# on the patio maple is 0306 1070 0002 2248 4340

Shirley-conf # 0306 1070 0002 4364--hostess gift

Think I've got this one covered now--but if not just let me know--
    Thanks
    Jeanette

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Maureen, Oh my goodness! I love my boxes so much!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!!
    First of all I received
    canna-red king Humbert
    Canna- Florence Vaughn( I love canna's so much and only had two in my garden-I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!
    Lavender plant- This smells like Heaven
    Mini African Violet Ness'Tutti Frutti- so cute and varigated, I love it!
    butterfly bush- will be so beautiful I saw the picture
    Cedar waxwing and Crystal Sea Daylilys ( I love daylilys)
    Hyacinth bulbs- blue- I just love these
    pretty stationary, chocolate-my favorite food
    2 super cute holloween treat pops for Bryan and Garrett-they think you are so awesome (so do I)
    and the cutest fall deorated rake that I hung on my door.
    Maureen, I can't thank you enough, I just love everything
    so much.Amy

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

I'm so glad you got the boxes already Amy. I hope all the plants thrive and enjoy the chocolate. You have no idea how hard it was for me not to eat it. I had to keep it in the garage with my packing supplies or else I would have opened the bag and eaten the whole bag of it.

Maureen

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Only one box to go and that's Susies.

Deb-Thanks so much for my goodies. This is what Deb sent.
    Asiatic lily (So unique, it has daylily foliage as well as asiatic foliage) I have never seen one like this and am so excited about it. Coleus-Arora Mocah, Arora Peach, Golden Sunset. I have never grown coleus so am excited about adding these beauties. Thanks again Deb.

Shirley

• skohler
    17 years ago

WOW : IF you all think I'm sweet its only because of this sweet box I recieved today :)))
    jeanette you just put 5 lbs of smiles on my
    waistline If I could even find a waitline :))

these chocolates are so good :)) but best of all was
    the rest of the box where I found .

scilla camp Hyacinth bulbs , scilla siberica bulbs ,witch I will do a search on so I can find the best place to plant them .
    then there was narcissus trumpet "KING ALFRED" He sure looks like a king also :))

an Iris to add to my collection "LOW HO SILVER"
    I Hope you saved a few for yourself :)))

very very nice fall gifts that are all so very usefull
    I love them .
    kitchen set of Towels/pot holder/ oven mitt
    photo calendar for 2007
    Body Botanical bath fizz
    a pumpkin with 2 pine scented candles
    a scented sink strainer I never heard or seen these before sure going to use this one :))
    package of 10 note cards I Like these & feel you can never have to many with all that I use .
    the paper lanter be use as my night light I just got a few of them from a close out summer sale & I like them in the bird room :))

& then its the pumpkin tin filled with the candy kisses
    & all the white & dark hershey chocolates all through the box . what a very lovely box :)
    its a rainy day today so the picture is a little dark
    but you can see the spider that was in my box :))
    love him & glad it was no bubba :))

Shirley again very nice fall swap & job well done
    we can now close this one and start our next swap .

thank you jeanette
    susie

{{gwi:1300261}}

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

shirley, i still owe you a hostess gift. you should get it one day next week. i was on a hunt for something and they just came out!

i agree, this was a great month swap, as were all the monthss preceeding it. looking forward to october's, bubba or not!

be well, happy blooms
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much Jeanette for these wonderful things you sent me:
    flower plaque
    mummy's passion fruit tea
    hershey candy
    strawberry bath fizz
    Loved it all:::::::::

Theresa24 thanks to you also for all these great seeds.
    mexican hat
    coreopis early sunrise
    hollyhock-single pink w/yellow center
    pink snapdragon
    sunflower ruby moon
    morning glory heavenly blue
    salvia may night
    Love them all and hope to winter sow them soon

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

shirley, your hostess gift was sent today. i have confirmation, but not with me. if need be, i'll post it.

jeanette, i love those holiday dish towels. very thanksgiving looking.

be well, happy blooms
    maryanne

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Shirley--you are welcome--I hope you enjoy them--you did a fantastic job keeping everything and everyone in check--I SALUTE you! Must be like having 27 children to follow around!!!!Hahaha!!!

Maryanne--wish I had got some for myself-hahaha-they were hard to find--soooo many halloween ones but none for a 'fall' swap--hope Susie was happy with them--
    TTYL
    Jeanette

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maryanne-Your box arrived today. Thank you so much for the tasty cakes and the hummingbird feeder. That feeder is my hummingbirds favorite. People have bought me real decorative and fancy ones and they want eat out of them. They love the one like you sent. I really needed a new one so thanks alot. NOW TO THE TASTY CAKES....Oh my goodness those are wonderful. First time I have ever seen or tasted one. They are addictive for sure.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

shirley, glad you liked it. i had to take it out of it's box to fit inside the box i used to mail.

thanks for your time in putting this swap together. sorry i was a little late with getting this off.

maryanne