Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aquadragonfly

UPDATE: Top 10 Most Wanted Seeds Swap #2

aquadragonfly
10 years ago

If you would like to participate in this swap please join.
The rules are simple.

You sign up here and POST here your Top 10 Most Wanted Seeds.

If anyone has those seeds they will send them in and I will put them in your stash.

1. Sign up

2. List your Top 10 Most Wanted Seeds.

3. Please send in FRESH seeds nothing older than 2012, if it is a seed that must be kept fresh please make sure it is from 2013 or a fresh harvest from your garden.

4. You will have until September 20th to get your seeds in. I will begin mailing them back out September 30th.
ANY seeds which arrive late will be returned to you. YOUR SEEDS MUST BE IN NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 25TH! NO EXCEPTIONS.

5. Include your Top 10 Most Wanted Seed list IN YOUR PACKAGE.

6. Include the amount of postage INSIDE your package that it cost you to mail to me, DO NOT INCLUDE CASH.

7. Make sure you send your seeds inside a bubble mailer. You DO NOT have to send another bubble mailer inside your package. The mailer you send to me with your seeds inside IS the one I will mail back to you.

8. You DO have to include a shipping label with your address on it. Make sure you put this inside your mailer.

9. Make sure the seed envies are packed in secure envies. Sometimes homemade envies break and the tea bag envies do not seem to hold up well. If you have to use either of these please make sure they are well secured.

9. Clearly label your seeds packets you are mailing in, with the YEAR and TYPE please make sure you include a YEAR on the seeds.

10. Participants are welcome to mail in ANY amount of seeds. IF you are sending in seeds from someone's want list please mark those seeds for THAT person!

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PACKAGE IS SECURELY SEALED. DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR WANT LIST/RETURN SHIPPING LABEL/RETURN POSTAGE.

I will try to send back as many to you as you mail in, this is not always possible and IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE AMOUNT RETURNED TO YOU WHICH YOU SENT IN PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF THAT AS WELL.

Please do not send in a bunch of Marigolds, Purple Coneflower, or any other 'common' seeds these get included in EVERY seed swap and I am sure most people have them, IF someone specifically ask for them you may send the in.

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR THE SWAP IS SEPTEMBER 14th. This is so your package will have time to get to me.

I will send you my address through an email. If I do not send it to you please send me an email to remind me I didn't send it to you.

Thanks, HAVE FUN and I hope you will join this fun swap!

Comments (104)

• pinkiris
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Package has been mailed i have track # if needed. Sorry on the delay of shipping on my end, was waiting on seeds to dry then sprained my ankle and that has set me back a little. I have tried to email several times with no response back. Seeds are mailed, please lmk when they arrive. Thank you!

pinkiris

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

pinkiris, I haven't received an email. Your seeds have not arrived yet.

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

IMPORTANT NEED TO KNOW PLEASE READ AND REPLY HERE OR SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE WITH YOUR REPLY, PLEASE!
    We have some no show participants. TODAY was the last day to get them in, nothing has arrived.
    My question for you IS:
    We have a couple of people who didn't receive ANYTHING, of those who didn't mail in their package but received seeds do you who mailed in for the no shows want me to return your seeds to you OR pass them to out to those who didn't receive anything (where they apply anyway) OR would you like for me to keep them? (There are some I would LOVE to receive :) )
    The decision is up to you as what you would like me to do with those unclaimed seeds.
    If you allow me to keep them I assure they will be much loved :)
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO DO.
    I am working VERY hard on this swap, THANK YOU ALL WHO SENT IN SEEDS....GARDENERS ARE SOME OF THE GREATEST PEOPLE ON EARTH!

:) Aqua

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

By all means aqua, if I sent any seeds for no-shows you are welcome to keep them if you like, or distribute them as you see fit.
    Alana

• gr8heather
    10 years ago

With mine, you can do whatever you see fit with them, I do not need them back. Thanks for hosting!

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Please keep what you want and pass the rest on to whomever didn't receive much.

• tamela_star
    10 years ago

Since you have worked so hard go ahead and distribute them or keep them for yourself. As long as someone uses them while they're viable.

• sinbadsmom
    10 years ago

Aqua, you are welcome to do whatever you want with mine. If someone else would be happy with them, enjoy!
    Do not need them back. Kathie

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Likewise, I don't want the seeds back, so definitely feel free to keep what you like and redistribute the rest. :)

• primrose1x3
    10 years ago

Feel free to do whatever you wish with mine - glad they'll have homes.

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's so nice to see people respond to a post. I run a FB group and I tell you it's like pulling teeth there to get my people to answer anything I post.
    Like when they prefer our next in person plant swap to be, I did a poll for the last week of April, or one weekend in May and something else.....I have 21 members there and so far I have like 6 responses! Wish y'all were my group members :)
    I tell you I try to post something there everyday and I have days I feel like I am talking to myself!
    Thank you all for responding really you have NO IDEA how nice it is to receive feedback, if it wasn't raining outside I think I'd go do a happy dance!

Ok so y'all take note, IF YOU receive a pack of that seeds was assigned to someone else, it's because the seeds were freed to travel to whoever would love them the most! :)

I am hoping I have them all ready to ship back out pretty soon :)

Again thank you folks so much, I am tickled to get replies :)

HAPPY HUMP DAY.....great, NOW I am thinking about the guess what day it is commercial!

Alrighty then, back to working on the seeds.

• forgetmenot_orlando
    10 years ago

Hi Aqua,

I'm good with just about anything, divide between everyone
    so we all get to enjoy a little extra, keep for yourself, you decide, I do not need my seeds back. Thanks for doing this swap, I am very excited to see what we get. It's also raining here in Florida, three days now, I am sure all my seeds that I planted over the weekend have floated away:((

Karen

• GarynJeanna
    10 years ago

Thanks for asking!
    You can do whatever you see fit with them,

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Hey aqua!

Please keep them or send them on to someone who can use them. :) Lord knows, I don't need any of them back, hahahaha :D

Thanks again!
    vina

• ashley05
    10 years ago

Hi Aqua!
    Go ahead and keep what you want or send them to someone you think will use them.

Thanks for hosting this swap! I can't wait to see what I get back :-)

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

I agree for you to keep what you want and give the others to the ones that didn't get many.

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for responding!! Again, gardener's are the nicest people :)
    I am ALMOST done with the seeds, I just have to figure out where the others will go from this point and all will be ready to mail back.

Vina, you SURE you don't want yours back? I bet you don't have enough of ANY of them growing in your yard and am SURE you can ALWAYS use more of them hehehe.

We have one person whose seeds are MIA, that'd be Medo, she's having small fits because her's hasn't arrived yet.

I am waiting on Pinkiris's to arrive as well since she mailed it priority. Hopefully it will arrive soon and it is not MIA as well.

Cross your fingers they arrive soon.

• senjanevada
    10 years ago

Just for me, if nothing received as written in my wish list. I'm just fine, no worry to send me anything.

I have plenty of those seeds I sent. No need to send it back if no matching with other wish list.

I live in hi-desert and no greenhouse. Better, get nothing rather than "kill" the seeds. lol. Will join again next Spring swapping.

Thanks and happy gardening.

• domehomedee
    10 years ago

I've been out of town...
    Keep mine or pass them on. I have plenty of all I sent to you.

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Miss Vina and hibiscusfan, I sent you a message with a question I need answered.
    As soon as I know I can mail your envies out :)
    Thanks ladies.

Going to the PO this afternoon. Will update later :)

Again, let me say thank you to each and everyone of you.
    I appreciate you joining the swap. I hope you all enjoy what you receive in return :)

HAPPY GARDENING EVERYBODY!!!

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I received my package today. I am delighted with all of my seeds. Thank you everyone that sent seeds for me.
    Domehome, thank you so much for the Dandelion. That species has eluded me and I can't wait to grow it.

Nice job, Aqua.
    Thanks, Alana

• GarynJeanna
    10 years ago

We received our package of seeds today. I am sure we will enjoy them all. Thank you very much to everyone who sent seeds for us.

Jeanna/Gary

• johnboyjjm
    10 years ago

I received my package today. Thank you to Aqua for all the hard work hosting and to everyone who sent in so many wonderful seeds. I can hardly wait until spring to get some growing.

John

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SURPRISE LOL, the envies I had filled first and were ready to mail I mailed some on Friday, a few on Saturday and the majority went out today.
    Please let me know when you get your envies. Thank you!

I do appreciate everyone who joined this swap. Can't wait to grow mine out next year.

Some of you know how much I stressed over this one, I wanted to make sure everyone was happy with what they got back.

Thank you all for making this successful.

socalgardengal, I am holding yours until you tell me to mail them.

primrose1x3 I am working on yours. It might take a bit to get it done as we discussed.

Alana, is that not just the neatest plant? I wonder what the variegated version would really look like to grow?

Jeanna, thank you for joining! Thanks for letting me know they arrived.

John, I hope you are able to grow lots of good things next season!

Thanks again everyone!

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I typed the above around 11:00 pm Monday, I forgot to hit submit. HAHAHA.........

So ummm, yeah the envies went out MONDAY....lol.

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

I can't wait to receive my package. Aqua you can mail it at your convenience. I should be receiving mail here today. Thank you so much :)

• trovesoftrilliums
    10 years ago

I received my seeds today. WOW! I feel like I hit the seed exchange jackpot! Thank you Aqua for organizing this and thank you to all the traders for your generous and thoughtful trades.

• gr8heather
    10 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday. I am very very happy! Thanks, to all of you.
    One question though, I got one bag that was in a small square ziplock that was marked with only "2012, any unusual pumpkins" which is what I requested, but I'm wondering what it is? Color, size, etc? Thanks!

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

I received my package today! Thank you Aqua for all the hard work and being patient with me. Want to send a BIG thank you to everyone who sent in so many wonderful seeds for me. Cant wait to get these going in the spring!

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

AquaI am sooooooo burnt out from moving. Today was the last day. We have lived at our last house for 7 years and had way too much crap. Been moving ,packing, and painting and dump runs for days. My body is beat up. I'm happy I could send to most everyone even if it wasn't the top ten. Aqua, I will be pleased with whatever comes my way. If you need, please take your time. I don't expect you to send me back as much as I sent. I just love to see everyone happy ;) Here's a pic of the sunset from my backyard. Happy growing everyone!

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Sorry double post

This post was edited by socalgardengal on Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 0:15

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

socalgardengal, beautiful pic girl! LOVE that sunset! I understand about moving. I told my man IF we do it again, all the junk I have here will stay here, I'll take my plants and everything else I will find again LOL. I HATE moving.
    It's so hard gr8heather, those would have come from Pinkiris, she sent in general things. Like broccoli, watermelon and such IF anyone has anything marked like that please ask her about the varieties. She sent them in for specific people and I put them in your envies :)

pinkiris, glad you managed to get them in :) Told you you would LOVE what you received and was a VERY lucky girl for some of the ones you got ;)

01. aquadragonfly-Aqua (Here)

02. cryptid (sent)

03. trovesoftrilliums (returned and home)

04. domehome (sent)

05. poisondartfrog-Alana (returned and home)

06. out

07. socalgardengal (going out 10/2/2013)

08. wonky (returned and home)

09.mastergarder2003 (sent)

10. pinkiris (returned and home)

11. out

12.forgetmenot_orlando (sent)

13.out

14.gr8heather (returned and home)

15.sinbadsmom (sent)

16. out

17. out

18. flowergirl34 (sent)

19. GarynJeanna (returned and home)

20.ashley05 (sent)

21. leilahamaya(sent)

22. xiangirl-Heidi (sent)

23. senjanevada (sent)

24.gardenerz (returned and home)

25. :(

26. hibiscusfan (sent)

27. out

28. johnboyjjm (returned and home)

29. tamela_star (sent)

30. out

31. primrose1x3 (On Hold)

• tamela_star
    10 years ago

My seeds came in today! Thank you for hosting this swap!

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

Received my seeds today and very happy with what I received. Thanks Aqua for hosting!!

• sinbadsmom
    10 years ago

Hi Aqua!!!! my seeds arrived yesterday!!!!!! The waiting and anticipation is over! Love what I got. It may not have been my top ten but I got some neat stuff that I think I would have a hard time finding. Thank you to everyone that participated in sharing. Thank you Aqua for all you hard work. Kathie

• senjanevada
    10 years ago

Received the seeds. Thanks a lot.

That's a wow package. I'm thrilled with those seeds you send. Happy, happy, happy.

Count me in for next swap.

Thanks again. I appreciate your hard work. Happy gardening.

meli

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for letting me know they are arriving. I always worry about that LOL.

02. cryptid (mailed)

04. domehome (mailed)

06. out

07. socalgardengal (mailed 10/2/2013)

09.mastergarder2003 (mailed)

11. out

12.forgetmenot_orlando (mailed)

13.out

15.sinbadsmom (returned and home)

16. out

17. out

18. flowergirl34 (mailed)

20.ashley05 (mailed)

21. leilahamaya(mailed)

22. xiangirl-Heidi (mailed)

23. senjanevada (returned and home)

26. hibiscusfan (returned and home)

27. out

29. tamela_star (returned and home)

30. out

31. primrose1x3 (mailed 10/2/2013)

Only 8 more to confirm home and I can breathe again! LOL.

• forgetmenot_orlando
    10 years ago

I got my seed package today, thank you Aqua for hosting. I am very happy with what I got, some stuff was on the list and some were surprises and I love surprises. This was my first swap and it was a lot of fun, thank you all for all the great seeds.
    Karen/ forgetmenot_orlando
    Happy gardening everyone:)

• domehomedee
    10 years ago

I received my seeds today, yahoo! Well I'm going to be busy, figuring out how to germinate all of these, LOL. Thanks so much to Aqua for hosting. My garden is going to be soooo beautiful next year.

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Woohooo....glad everyone is getting them in a timely fashion.

02. cryptid (mailed)

04. domehome (returned and home)

06. out

11. out

12.forgetmenot_orlando (returned and home)

13.out

16. out

17. out

18. flowergirl34 (mailed)

20.ashley05 (mailed)

21. leilahamaya(mailed)

22. xiangirl-Heidi (mailed)

27. out

30. out

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

WooHoo!
    Seeds arrived today! Couldn't be happier!

Thank you Aqua for the lovely note! And I agree, we have the nicest, most generous gardeners for these swaps! THANK YOU EVERYONE!

**doing the happy dance** :D
    vina

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

My seeds arrived today. Thank you so much. I loved looking through each pack and the note made it that much more special.
    Heidi

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you ladies for letting me know!

02. cryptid (mailed)

04. domehome (returned and home)

06. out

11. out

12.forgetmenot_orlando (returned and home)

13.out

16. out

17. out

18. flowergirl34 (returned and home)

20.ashley05 (mailed)

21. leilahamaya(mailed)

22. xiangirl-Heidi (returned and home)

27. out

30. out

• cryptid
    10 years ago

"Woo hoo!!" Seeds received! Wayyyy more than I thought I would get back, considering the selective nature of this swap. I am one HAPPY CAMPER, here, TOTALLY!! Uber, uber thanks, everyone, and especially to you, Aqua, for your wonderful communication and for donning the mantle of sheparding this fabulous round robin swap! Girl,...you totally rock!! - What a wondreful assortment of seeds!! I received several I really wanted! Totally looking forawrd to the "next installment" !! :)

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Yipeeeee! I received my package today and couldn't be happier :) Everything is just perfect. I love all the new things I get to try out soon. Thank you Aqua for being a wonderful host and for the note and starts. Planting those right away. Thank you everyone for sharing such great seeds! Happy gardening to you all!! ~ Christine

• primrose1x3
    10 years ago

received my seeds - thank you

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you cryptid, what a compliment!

Thanks for letting me know primrose1x3!

Wow socalgardengal! I mailed them out late on Oct 2. I can not believe you got that package already....bet it smelled like onions huh? HAHAHA

I am going to assume all the envies have returned home by now even though there are a couple of people who haven't let me know for sure.

Thank you all for participating and THANK YOU ALL for all the seeds you gifted me. I am happy with the ones I got, I knew my list would be hard but am pleased with what I got! Can't wait to plant next year. Thanks you all again so much!

SWAP CLOSED!!!! THANK YOU ALL.

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

wowie! that was incredible! just got my package in the mail and it was EPIC =)

thanks so much everyone, this was a great swap!

• ashley05
    10 years ago

Mine made it on Friday. Sorry I didn't let you know earlier, but it's been a busy couple of days :-)

Thanks Aqua for hosting and thanks to everyone who sent me seeds. I can't wait to get them started! I'm going to have a beautiful garden next year :-)

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone.

ALL the envies have now made it home.

Looks like we all are going to have some wonderful additions to our landscapes next season!