Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: New Back to School-Fall 2012 Fresh Seed Swap Everything

godsgarden9
11 years ago

Welcome to the 2012 Back To School-Fall Fresh Seed Swap Details for Swap

1. Everyone is welcome to participate if you have 5 packets to send in or if you have 300 packets to send in you are all welcome to participate, its a lot of fun.
  2. You have plenty of time to gather seeds and send them in, they are not duein until November 8. If you still need a little more time, this is fine.
  3. Please send a return mailing label and enough postage to return your new fresh seeds back to you� or if you want to just insert a new envelope with postage this is fine.

4) Seed packet amounts, these are minimal guidelines, you can put as many seeds in a packet as you would like, if the seeds are tiny, 100+ seeds, small 50+, Medium 25+, Large 10+. Please make a list of what you send in, this will assist me so you will receive all different ones in return.

5) You will receive at least as many packets of seed that you send in unless, you have plenty and want to donate some to newbies.

6) I will try to reward those that send in rarer, exotic, and named varieties when possible, Please send no more than 10 of the same variety.

7) Please email me with your address to godsgarden9@yahoo.com, if you post on garden web and it doesn�t leave your email address.

8) This is to be fun, and you should receive a lot of new varieties that you don�t have, and it is mostly dependent on you , if you send lots of the more common varieties you will get similar in return.. So sign up today, and enjoy with all the fun, sharing and enjoying seeds from all over the country.

9) You can list your preferences, flowers, vegetables, mixed, or such, thanks

1. If for any reason, you do not hear back from me within a weeks time, just send me a email to my email address godsgarden9@yahoo.com.

Mail to 1012 Monroe Street Gretna, LA. 70053 ************************

Comments (69)

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

Count me in, too! Loved doing this swap last year. Thanks for hosting,
    Jen R.

• sinbadsmom
    11 years ago

Hi, I'd like to join this swap also! Kathie

• jlee160
    11 years ago

Count me in please

• roper2008
    11 years ago

Sign me up please.

• quilter62
    11 years ago

I'm new have Zinnas to trade

• gretchensgarden
    11 years ago

I would love to join! Please add me to the list.

Gretchen

• domesticdiana
    11 years ago

This would be my first one... so please count me in! I will also send you an email. Thanks!

• peaches0104
    11 years ago

count me in, peaches0104@yahoo.com

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Howdy y'all,...basically, this is a bump.

Planted out Kale, Broccoli, Cauliflower & Purple Pak Choi this morning. Anyone else planting Fall veggies?

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

I've got dark green zuchini squash, cauliflower snowball, spinach mustard tendergreen, endive escarole batavian, lettuce black seeded simpson, chinese spinach from thailand, jersey cabbage, broccoli, curled leaf mustard, purple top turnips, champion collards, brussel sprouts catskill, rape, mustard, organic radish french breakfast heirloom, grand rapids lettuce, rutabaga :)))))

Some of the seeds I bought myself and some I traded for...it's awesome to buy seeds in bulk and then trade for the ones you didn't buy :) ...and most are coming up really nicely!...every time i look at them i get excited lol...and i'll be digging some of them up to pot as i thin them out to take to a plant swap :)

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

Quick question for Willie,
    Can the seeds be older than 2012?

• alwaysagarden
    11 years ago

MoonFire, those veggie seeds you bought, got one word for them.. yummm!!

• amiahjordan
    11 years ago

would love to join too if its not to late?

• northforker
    11 years ago

Hi Willy,

I'm in! This will be at least my 5th year with your fabulous swap!

Nancy

• wildmantrav
    11 years ago

Count me in!

• vajeff
    11 years ago

Oooh, how did I overlook this? I've been waiting for this swap to pop up!

I'd like to participate again. Sign me up!

Jeff

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Ahem,...just bumping on through...! :)

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

I'm getting my seeds ready to send. (by November 8th) Some still need to mature on the plants. Hope Hurricane Sandy doesn't blow them away. Come what may, I have plenty to donate to newbies. Hope everyone stays safe in this storm.

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

I'd like to sign up and can mail my seeds to you in a couple of days - am emailing you now.

Karen

• aquadragonfly
    11 years ago

Just wanted to post that I am not going to join this swap after all. Thanks for posting it, I so wanted to but alias things change.

:) Aqua

• gee_oh_nyc
    11 years ago

Just sent my envelope in yesterday. Hurricane Sandy has slowed down the mail here in NY a bit... I hope they get to you by Nov 8. And I hope you are well jensyen. I know Long Island got hit as hard as us in the city.
    Looking forward to hearing that you got my package Willy.
    Be well everyone,
    George

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Willy, sent you seeds on 11/1/12 & email, and also hope you've weathered the storm okay.

Karen

• jlee160
    11 years ago

seeds went out today:)

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

I put my seeds in the mail.

• drippy
    11 years ago

Mine went out this morning.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

For those of you with leftover seeds... Come join the NEW Annual Theme Swap 2012.

• lisa831
    11 years ago

Count me in.
    lisa

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

Lisa831 - You need to sign up at their message. NEW: *******Annual Theme Garden Swap 2012 --- Click the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: NEW:-Annual Theme Garden Swap 2012 - Round Robin Exchange Forum - GardenWeb

• pumkingal
    11 years ago

Hi Willy;
    I borrowed my sons putor,, count me in,, I mailed out my seeds yesturday,,370 packs of wonderful seeds,,yippie..
    Thank you ever so much for hosting this,,Lisa

• paulan70
    11 years ago

Sorry Willy I am running behind so I will be late in mailing out my seeds. Please let me know if this is ok or not. So sorry about this.

Paula

• domesticdiana
    11 years ago

Just bumping through. The due date has come and gone and now I'm excited for new seeds! Here's hoping the mailings go out soon! :)

• paulan70
    11 years ago

Ok my seeds went out in the mail today They would of went out yesterday but the post office was closed. But they are on the way now. thank you

Paula

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Looks like I missed the deadline for mailing in my seeds...I'll catch next year's swap for sure tho :) ...will plan ahead starting now lol

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This should be the last message most of you will receive for this swap. Most people have sent their seed packages in and a few more should arrive by this weekend, I will go through all the packages and try to have them back to you by the end of the month. But for those that have missed out or want to participate in the swap, the 2013 New Years Everything Swap is now being posted, so please sign up today. Happy Thanksgiving to you all, many blessings.. Willy your host.

• alwaysagarden
    11 years ago

Sent my seeds out long ago in Oct. Can't wait to see what you send me back Willy!!

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Bump,...

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Bump,...

• drippy
    11 years ago

Hi, Willy - I got my seeds today. As always, a lovely selection, and I promise to try to get all of them planted, LOL! This is one of my favorites for being a reliably good swap. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Hey, Willy, my seeds arrived today!! What a great selection! Thank you soooo much for hosting this again and for all your effort! This is definitely one of the best GW Round Robin swaps ever! Huge thanks, also, of course, to all of you wonderfull, super-generous participants! - Wishing a fantastic Christmas and utterly, totally fabulous new year to all! :)

• cryptid
    11 years ago

BTW, all you wonderful folk,...don't forget to get over to the "Rate & Review Exchanges" forum and leave a positive review for Willy, here:
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/raterev/msg1119182330922.html?11033

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Hi Willy - received my seeds yesterday and what a very nice selection - much appreciated & Merry Holidays

• paulan70
    11 years ago

Willy

Thank you very much I got the seeds in today. Great selection again this year.

Paula

• dem_pa
    11 years ago

I received my seeds in the mail today. Thanks to all who shared their seeds with me. A great selection again. Thanks to Willy for being a great host.

Don

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

Got my package of seeds today. A big thanks to Willy and everyone for sharing your seeds.

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

I received my nice assortment of seeds yesterday. Thank you,
    Alana

• alwaysagarden
    11 years ago

Received very nice assortment of seeds today. Thank you Willy for hosting and to all the gardeners that participated.

Cindy :)

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

A reminder to all to post a Rate & Review for Willy. I can't beleive he has only 8 (and 2 are from me). Please take the time. He deserves recognition for all he has done for us. Thanks

• gee_oh_nyc
    11 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday. Thanks Willy... very grateful for your dedication as a host and your thoughtfulness.
    All the best,
    George

• domesticdiana
    11 years ago

I received my package today. Thank you! I also left some R&R :)

• northforker
    11 years ago

I received my package right before christmas and this is the first chance I've had to write THANK YOU WILLY!!!!! A terrific selection of seeds as always!