Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaruzicka

MNF Hugs and Healing Swap Partners

lindaruzicka
14 years ago

okay here's the list, I put them in a bowl and had Sara draw them.."S" Remember to email your partner to exchange info!

Partners:

Deb & Carol

Diene & Margo

Linda & Kathy

CA & Heidi

Tracey & Dan

Carmen & Becky

Joan & Laura

Annie & Nichol

any questions, feel free to email me!

Now lets spread some hugs and healing!!

Comments (149)

• jaleeisa
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Glad it got there, Linda! Yours looks like it should arrive here today too :) Can't wait!

Let me know how everything traveled, I'll replace anything that didn't make it :)

Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. Muscle spasms are getting worse. I see my surgeon and get the CAT scan results on Thursday, so keep your fingers crossed and a prayer in your heart for me :)

Will be back after Linda's box gets here!

HUGS,
    Kathy

• jaleeisa
    14 years ago

Linda's box just arrived! I hope I don't forget anything!

A couple or really lovely letters telling me why she loves the plants and seeds she sent me along with another beautiful card and letter to me. Linda, thank you, hon. I really needed to hear that today :) There is also a postcard of somewhere for me to think about while I'm relaxing! It's gorgeous! A book to enjoy "The Magical Household", a beautiful mug with an assortment of flavored teas- YUM! and tucked in the handle a pair of crochet slippers! Gardening gloves, a whole envelope filled with homemade seed envelopes and the cutest little gnome potsitter!

The plants are Phlox, Cardinal flower, pink Malva, and pineapple sage!!!

Seeds: Brug- Sovolens white, Forget me not Firmament Linda;s own butterfly and hummingbird mix, Portulaca, and Colombine Winky Dinky Double

And last, but certainly not least... something I'm gonna dive in to in just a moment with a mug of coffee- TASTEY CAKES!!!!!!!!!!! I have sooo wanted to try these since everyone has raved over them!!!!!!

Thank you so much Linda! I love everything and will get the boys to plant out this afternoon!

HUGS!!

Kathy

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Sorry I havent been on much, I still havent gotten around to buying a new coaxial cable splitter so its EITHER cable OR internet... I just dont have the patience to keep plugging and unplugging and switching those cords! :)

Joan, Im so glad you and Pepper love your box, I had a blast putting it together! (I love wrapping presents up too, can you tell?) Id love to see those pics you posted but it looks like the images arent working. Kim, Weve missed you, and what a cutie that J is! *Hugs* for all of you,
    ~Laura

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Kim, it seems like you've been through an awful lot lately. I just love "J". He is adorable and he will bring you lots of joy and company I'm sure.

Becky

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    14 years ago

well, I opened Kathy's box and let me tell you, that baby was stuffed to the brim!
    bulbs: fairy liles (in the fairy garden) Jeanne D'arc crocous, mexican shell flower, red hyacinth....all going in my front garden.
    plants: salvia black and blue, wandering Jew, red honeysuckle from her wedding arbor (I love honeysuckle), purple flowered Ice plane (awesome) salvia, creeping thyme (this smells so good) purple flowered tall sedum, sweet potatoe vine Blackie and Black Heart. I can't wait to plant all this tomorrow!

Kathy sent me 54 packs of seeds!! What a variety! Seeds for my butterfly gardens and veggie garden. Can you say wsing?

THEN she had in the box: a book, 2 magazines, a cookbook, Heal yourself with Herbal teas, cylindar vase, Body spa anti-stress, gloves, body mist and cream (juicy pomegrante), plant stakes, seed envies, note cards,statonary, bulb food, flavored coffees and tea, pedicure set AND Baskens and Robbins hard candy (chomping on a piece now)

I can't believe everything that was in this box! You outdid yourself girl! ((HUG))

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    14 years ago

a lovely letter explaining what the plants and bulb meant to her..I'll be honored to put them in my garden,,,"S"

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Just wanted to remind you that I have been in contact with Carmen and she is okay with waiting to receive her box next month. The companies that I have ordered things from will not be shipping out until at least the 7th of October. Wish they would state the ship date when you order!

• bhnash
    14 years ago

I got my box from CA today. She filled it with lots of goodies. Virginia peanuts, Chocolate Caramel Coffee!!!, tulip bulbs, sedum, daylily, cat grass seed, White Swan Echinacea seed, Maltese Cross seed, plant markers, Hellebore seedlings, Amsonia seedlings and coupons (from the sunday paper, another obsession of mine LOL) - WOW! Thank you soooo much. What a fun trade group :)

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    14 years ago

its okay Becky..you guys worked it out between you. Works for me!

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

I'm exhausted! I didn't send my box out yet, but will try tomorrow. I'll post the DC# when I return home from the post office. I had "Treasure Days" both days- Saturday & Sunday (huge village wide garage sale) and ended up selling almost everything of Mom's that I had left that I couldn't keep. I packed up what didn't sell and donated it. Watching Mom's things go has been both painful and theraputic. Sorry Carol my box is late. ;)

I'll hopefully catch up on everything soon!

Hugs,
    Deb

• smitties
    14 years ago

Diene, it's on the way as of ten this morning. 03080660000088959790 Hope you enjoy everything. It's a very aromatic box.

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    14 years ago

and the boxes are flying again! This has been a really amazing swap with all the contents of the boxes..great j0b everyone!

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Deb I am sorry but am going to be late, dh has me buried under canning jars. here is a pic of the shelves he got for 1.00 at lowes and planted tomatoes in, they are growing like mad, nice to pick tomatoes off the shelf.

hope to get your box out soon, sorry to be late. hugs carol

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Nichol,

Your box of ................... went out this morning.

DC# 0308 2690 0000 5902 5887 from zip 92678

Happy Hugs and Healing...Hope all is well!

Annie

• jaleeisa
    14 years ago

Linda, so happy you enjoyed everything! And by the way.. TasteyKakes are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I've almost gone through the WHOLE box! And I want more!!!!!!

Thank you again for such a wonderful box, and especially for that letter that you wrote to me. I cried when i read it! And Cliff and the kids were very touched too :)

HUGS to all!

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    14 years ago

"chalking up one more Tastekake admirer"..you know, they have a website with ALL KINDS of varieties...."whistling and looking up at the ceiling"..."G"

I meant everything I said in your letter...((HUG)

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

My goodness what wonderful boxes are flying in. You ladies are awesome (and 1 gent) this was a great idea for a swap, so many people are hurting over one thing or another these days it is wonderful to have friends who really care. Thank you Linda for hosting it

Becky, I sorry I didn't even send you a card, I should have waited a little so I got more Ideas. LOL

Carol what an awesome idea with the shelves, I will have to steal that one.
    Got to go, headed to somewhere to find a shelving thing.LOL

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

Yoo Hoo! Laura! Your box went out today.
    Conf# 0306 2400 0003 0183 5906
    Hope you like everything. :)
    It's been raining here for 2 straight weeks. Water standing EVERY where. Beginning to wonder if I need to study up on Ark building....

Joan

• diene
    14 years ago

Hello All;
    Just finished a nice long post about my great box and away it went!! Damn!
    Try again.
    Great plants, all herbs, healthy like they just came out of the ground. Nine in all.
    Big envie of seeds, six great herbs that I am going to try indoors this winter.
    Information on growing harvesting and drying herbs from a class offered near Margo.
    Warm socks, car atomizer, sharpie, post its, notecards..
    AND BAUBLES!!!!
    Margo sent two beautiful bracelets (I have one on each wrist as we type). They fit nicely and she made them herself.
    My box wins!!!!
    Thanks Margo.
    diene

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Margo makes awesome bracelets!! Great box, Margo!

• smitties
    14 years ago

Diene, I am so glad you enjoyed the box. I enjoy making bracelets and necklaces and as I have posted in the past, I don't wear them myself. I am happy when someone can wear them.
    After the first frost hits, I begin creating jewelry. Gardening is my warm weather destresser. Winter is my cold weather destresser.
    Thanks for hosting Linda. It was another good one. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

YAY! My box came in today and Joan youve seriously outdone yourself!! When we were exchanging our "things we like" list I never thought youd get one of everything for me!
    My box included:
    ~10 red tulip and 10 daffodil bulbs
    ~a fraagrant herb kit with lavender, oregano and thyme
    ~orange gerbera daisy stepping stone
    ~manicure/pedicure set (with HOT pink polish!)
    ~assorted incense
    ~a suet basket and suet block
    ~adorable notebook
    ~a kitchen towel with pumpkins on it
    ~CARAMELS!!
    ~WAAAY too many kitty treats (see pictures)

Rufus inspecting the treats, that little piggy!

Zoe playing with her new toys.

Thank you, thank you so much for all of the goodies Joan (and Pepper)!! We love them all!
    *hugs*
    ~Laura

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

NOW THAT MAKES ME SMILE!!!!
    Which was the intent. Laura, I'm so glad you and the kitties enjoyed everything. It was wonderful meeting you all. I hope our package (mine & Pepper's) gave you some relief from your studies and renewed you for future endeavors. Please stay in touch. Pepper and I send our best.

Hugs,
    Joan

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Good Morning...

Nichol, checked my USPS tracker. Your pkg. was delivered last Thursday (9-24). I do hope you received!

DC# 0308 2690 0000 5902 5887 (sent 9-22)

Hope all is well!

Annie

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Deb, forgive me please my box is not out yet, hopefully soon. thankyou for your patience. old carol is embarrased to be so late. hopefully real soon. hugs carol

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Carol,
    I'm running late with your box, so please don't worry about sending mine late. I'm going to the post office today to pick up a box, I have all the things ready, I just need to pack them. I also need tissue paper so am running to the store today too. I usually have all these things on hand, but can't find my pile of boxes anywhere! I'm not sure if a family member used them, hmm? Or I used them up.
    Ok, where's the ginko boloba...hehe!

I'll post when my box goes out, promise it will be with in the next day.

Hugs,
    Deb

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

I'm finally back home - too much travel! In the last 10 days that I've been away from home I've traveled by taxi, airplane, car, foot, city bus, foot, streetcar, light rail, foot, train, regional bus, foot, and bicycle. Oh, did I mention foot?

I think I'm just missing boat.

Happy to see Heidi's box got there ok. I'm enjoying catching up on what was in everyone else's boxes. They all look great!

~CA

• gardenmom2
    14 years ago

Hi everyone. I fee like I have been MIA. FOrever. 3 weeks is a long time and I am sorry. I was drafted or elected or shanghaid into coaching my daughters cheerleading team. That would not have been so bad, as I would be doing all of the running around or it anyway, but then they informed me the day after trapping me into it that I needed to start practices immed. and oh by the way, you need to order uniforms,shoes, and lots of crap-ola. It would not have been so bad but the couple of uniforms I found that wee nice enough, they could not get to us beofre thanksgiving. The principal wanted them by the end of Oct. so that meant lots of nights on the computer searching for uniforms instead of being on GW with my freinds. It also meant (friends -sp) that I totally forgot about my box, which I tried to get ready early ( So sorry Anna)and did nt. SO anyway, it is on the way. Anna I rec'd your wonderful box on THursday when I got home at 8:30 and had homework with my 6 year old waiting on me. Friday we wnt to my in laws to see sick FIL and so I did not openuntil Sat. It was wonderful. It made me laught and cry and was just wonderful.

-sack of daffodils (lots)
    -note pad, bubbles for kids, sunflower seeds for the birds,
    -Cute little painted clothes pins with animals on them. dd loves them.
    -Chocolate that is wonderful. Lots of diff. kinds.
    -surgical/respiratory type masks, one which she drew on says I AM HAPPY and she drew a smiling mouth on it. Hilarious
    -the best though are the cd's she burned. The Monkees, best of, The Diana Ross Definitive Collection, and the ABBA Gold. It is great. They are in my car.

Well, Anna's is on the wy, the uniforms are officially ordered yesterday, to be rec'd Oct. 20 and the shoes and briefs, and ribbons and socks are ordered as of today. SO, now ALL I have to do is put together a dance for the COMPETITION that I was informed we go to. UGH. Actually we started it yesterday (this is fifth and sixth grade) and got the timing down for our opening part which is a repeating patten of a move down the line of the girls. SO now ALL (LOL) I have to do is finish the choreography since I know whatbeat we end on. OY !!! Wish me luck. I am sorryfor the delay and totally claim the fact that I screwed that one up big time. LOL I had such good intentions. Even Told Anna that I was mailing it a few weekends ago b/c my schedule was crazy the next three weeks and that was before thecheerleading thing happend. Anyway, I think you will like what I sent and hope you smile. Say hi to the boys (her dogs) for me. Hope your fall tomatoes expeiment is working well for you.

Melissa, I am glad you are doing well physically and pray for your emotional well being as well. HUGS.

I am going to try to post the s\pink seed swap on Friday. We are out of school Friday,s o I can get caught up. My schedule lets up Friday too, as sons' swim lessons are over. That was a long three weeks of his lessons.

Nichol

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

My box for Carol FINALLY went out, YAY!
    DC#0308 2040 0000 7894 3057

Hugs,
    Deb

• bhnash
    14 years ago

CA's box went out yesterday, but I forgot to write down the DC# :(

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    14 years ago

this swap is going to be coming to an end soon...don't forget to post what you received in your boxes!

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Debby, I had plans to pack your box today, got box yesterday. laid down on couch and fell asleep so sorry but gonna be next week now. I want to but back dosen't forgive me it will get mailed. hugs carol

• veeja11
    14 years ago

I received a great box from miss Debby, a real nice friendship book, 12 tulip bulbs, a finger tip towel, a picture frame, coffee nips, baskin robbins chocolate chip mint candies, a beige bulky knit scarf, a diffuser with lil heart picks, still working on yours, this week for sure. thankyou for my great box and your patience. Thankyou and big hugs carol

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

My box from Heidi arrived Saturday. FULL of goodies: knee pads, scented candles, homemade minty cocoa, pretty handmade earrings (Heidi's design) with lavender flowers, floral notecards.

And plants. But they weren't labeled, so I don't know what all of them are (help!)
    - Stachys 'primrose heron' with gorgeous chartreuse foliage. If you don't have this, get some. It is even better than the pictures.
    - some type of salvia, I think
    - something else with little round leaves

Bulbs:
    - Allium Mt. Everest. Cant wait to try this, I've never had Alliums

Seeds:
    - magenta four o'clock (yay! I've never had these but have been wanting to try)
    - Cerinthe
    - Teucrium fruticans
    - purple Linaria
    - Nigella 'jekyll blue' (I've wanted these, too - how did you know?)

(notice a blue/purple theme with these seeds? I love it!)

Thanks for a great box, Heidi, and thanks for working with me on the timing. I actually have time to plant these now!

~CA

• bhnash
    14 years ago

CA-
    Yes, I realized I forgot to label the plants, after I mailed them! ACK!

The two other plants are both salvias, the one with the long roots is Salvia leucantha (to zone 8, so put in a sheltered spot, and/or protect in winter) - gorgeous fuzzy purple spikes, about 5' wide and 3' tall, takes shearing back very well. The other is Salvia microphylla Pink (to zone 7), it spreads about 3' wide via runners, and is about 1' tall. You can divide that Stachys up easily into 4-6 plants too.

So glad the box arrived safely :)

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

The things I ordered for Carmen are supposed to arrive today. I hope so. Then I will send out my box.

Becky

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

I received my H & H box from Nichol........

Ziva Paperwhite bulbs...love paperwhites in the house!
    Cherubs Smile Bearded Iris...do not have!
    Paperback Book "Dakota Born"
    Shower Soothers
    Lindt candy bar
    Green Apple Shower Gel and Body Lotion
    Trident gum (2)
    8 Herb tea packets, Sweet Dreams and Spiced Chai
    Honeys Bakery Dog Biscuits (Happy Germans!!!)
    Dog Shampoo

The dogs and I love our box of wonderful! Nichol, thank you very much!!

Another super swap hosted by Miss Linda...Thanks!!!!!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    Original Author
    14 years ago

oh what lovely boxes! I think this swap has been very successful so far.

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Carmen's box is going out today. I will post the confirmation # after I get back from the PO. Whew! It's about time the stuff got here. I'm still waiting on another order of plants and bulbs for myself from Michigan bulb. They have the shipping date as 10/21/09 to 11/21/09. I don't know if they know it or not but it will be too late to plant then!

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Carmen, your confirmation # is 03080070000127161668. I hope it is worth the wait.
    Becky

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

I'm so glad my box made it Miss Carol! Did the handpainted lampshade (for a large candle) make it ok, or did it break? It was glass, and I tried sooo hard to wrap it well.

Let me know.. Hopefully, it made it without breaking!

Deb

• gardenmom2
    14 years ago

Annie, I am so glad you got the box and liked it. I apologize for forgetting. I thought the doggie treats were cute. LOL.

Thank you everyone here who has said a prayer for my family or I. My father in law went to be with our lord last night. It was very quick, as he just needed the hospital bed Wednesday, Last. He went down hill over the weekend but for lung cancer, he was blessed with a very quick and peaceful last few hours. He woke up and was able to talk with all of us for the last 4 hours of his life. He was even blessed with being able to hug my daughter, who would not leave his side (10 yrs old) with his arm which he has not been able to move in a couple months b/c of the cancer pressing on nerves. It was such a blessing to be able to visit with him and care for him and everyone here has been so supportive for so long. Everyone has prayed for us for a long time and sent me little emails of encouragement and caring. It was truly appreciated and hopefully after this final few days, we will be able to get into more of a normal groove around here, for the kids.
    Thanks everyone. Lots of love.
    Nichol

• joy_unspeakable
    14 years ago

Nichol -

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I'll say a special prayer for your little one's. ((HUGS))

~ Tracy

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Nichol,

My thoughts and prayers for your family.

Annie

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Deb, the lampshade made it in perfect shape and is beautifull. thankyou, your box finally went out today, hope you like it hugs carol

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, sorry i've been MIA. I have been working many hrs. and very Little time to do much else.

I received my box from Becky today, YAAAYYYY. And what a wonderful box it is. Miss Becky sent.

Beautiful clear glass vase
    a book marker, poem
    Goofy string, will have fun with that
    3 friut scented bubles, YESSSSSS
    Celestial tea sampler
    Pkge of blank notes, very pretty
    out door bug candle, need that here
    2 post it
    Blixtex
    Ceramic pumkin, So sweet looking
    Bath pillow
    CD "Breakfast In Bed"romantic music, now if I can only
    Never mind!!!
    Huge antibacterial bottle of soap
    Massaging foot scruber, how did you know I needed that???
    Sothing foot files LOVE ITIRIS imortality white LOVE IT
    Assiatic lilies, Dublin and Stargagazer WOW wanted that

What a wonderful box Very much worth the wait Becky, thank you so much for being so generous. I love everything you sent.
    Carmen

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Heidi -

Thanks for the plant IDs. Glad you told me that Salvia leucantha is z8 - I'll try to keep it indoors this winter and see how it does. I adore fluffy flowers, so I really hope it makes it!

I planted the others out this week, near some irises. When I was planting, I realized the irises are ones I'd gotten from you before, so now I have a mini "Heidi bed"!

~CA

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Carmen, I'm so glad you liked the box. I was waiting on the bulbs.

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Deb the conf number says you have your box, do ya ?worried about the plants lmk please. thankyou hugs carol

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Hi Carol,
    Yes your box did arrive and let me share with Everyone what I received! The plants look great! Our temps have been really chilly, I've been afraid to send anything 'live' lately. The heuchera's my favorite, I love the foliage!

Cranberry & Pear bath soak (I need a few hours to revive, LOL)
    Gardening gloves (always need these)
    Fridge pad of paper w/magnet (paper never lasts in this house, we always need it)
    Rain gauge (really neat, I've always wondered how much rain we get with our crazy weather)
    Cute picture frame (Daughter ran away with this)
    Package of plant markers (I always need plant labels)
    Jap Iris/blue (love Jap IRIS)
    Asiatic lily (love Lily too) This is going by my Mom's house in her landscape
    Heuchera with reddish leaves (another one for my Mom's house)
    Earring set with earrings (Daughter ran away with these too, LOL)
    Sweet pea body lotion set/gels (I'm hiding this)
    fruit delight (looks so yummy)
    Pink sweet pea candle (smells wonderful)
    Nice notebook (I need this by the computer desk)
    Journal, photo frame (Daugher ran off with these)
    Chai spice tea (Never tried spice tea, sounds really good)
    purple elephant (MINE, LOL) I'm putting him in my car, let's see how long I'll have him. ;)

Thank you Carol for such a wonderful box! I loved everything you sent! This swap was so much fun!

Better make this short, It's so late and I'm jumping in the shower to try Carol's shower jel, yummy smelling lotion!

Hugs,
    Deb