Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MNF Hugs and Healing Swap Partners

Posted by lindaruzicka Z6 PA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 10, 09 at 12:23

okay here's the list, I put them in a bowl and had Sara draw them.."S" Remember to email your partner to exchange info!

Partners:

Deb & Carol
Diene & Margo
Linda & Kathy
CA & Heidi
Tracey & Dan
Carmen & Becky
Joan & Laura
Annie & Nichol

any questions, feel free to email me!

Now lets spread some hugs and healing!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MNF Hugs and Healing Swap Partners

YAY!!! WE'VE GOT PARTNERS!!!

Ohhh, Tracey, here I come! LOL!

o

now Dan, be nice...."G"

o

but... but... I wanna... and then... no?

o

Hello Linda;
Well I can see there are no tastycakes in my future but everything is good except... who the h--- is Margo? Small complaint from me as "Margo" aka "smitties" was kind enough to e-mail me directly and I am amazed. She has been on GW as long as I have and we have never crossed paths before. What a wonderful swap this is already. So, I will send her a note and try and figure out what to send her. She is looking for herbs which ain't happening here!! My herb garden drown this year so I have to send something else. I do have some seeds she might like.
Well, this is going to be fun. Thanks Linda for your hard work.
diene

o

LOL @ Diene...there's alway next time for the tastekakes!

okay I"m going to repost and add the GW names so there isn' any more confusion,,,see what happens when you guys rush me???"L"

o
RE :lets make this a little clearer!

OK, Lets try this again:

Partners:

Deb (debbya)& Carol (veeja11)

Diene (diene) & Margo (Smitties)

Linda (lindaruzicka) & Kathy (jalessia)

CA (sakura komichi) & Heidi (bhnash)

Tracey (joy unspeakable) & Dan (dan the mailman)

Carmen (gardencraze) & Becky (proudgm 03)

Joan (ejmoore 510) & Laura (lilangel 181)

Annie(canyonwind) & Nichol (gardenmom 2)

o

Deb A please e-mail me with a wish list and your mailing addy. are you the old Deb in the obf group ?if so I probably have your address my e-mail is veeja3@gmail.com.Photobucket hugs carol

o

Nice one Carol, of course she is not the "old Deb" she is a young vibrant lady of questionable age. No wonder she is not responding to you!!!

o

Yes, Miss Carol.. I'm the original "Deb" from OBF. ;)
You have my address already. I'll be happy with anything!

Giant Hugs, and thanks for the laugh~

Deb

o

Nichol,

I received your email and just responded!!

"Old Deb".........chuckle...chuckle!

Linda...thanks again for hosting!!

Annie

o

is everyone getting in contact with their partners?.."waving at Kathy"

o

I'm really excited to have Linda as a partner! It's been a while since we've been paired!! WooHoo!!!

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Dan and I have been in touch.

Now where is that thing I wanted to put in his box? I think it got away. Might have to set a trap. Hate it when THOSE THINGS get loose in the house!

Looking forward to swapping with you Dan!

~ Tracy

o

I've been in touch with Carmen. Tracy, yours got away too? I thought I had mine contained. They sure are sneaky little critters. I hope Carmen has better control than I do. Crap! It just ran across my foot. Gotta go!

o

I must be the 'oldest' of the bunch, LOL!
Love you guys, hehe..
Photobucket

o

Not sure if that is true Deb but if you want to take the honor, I will not fight you for it. We could just call you the "Wise" one. How does that sound?

o

not even going there!.."tucking Bride of Frankenstien streak behind ear"....."G"

o

Hi ya'll Becky funny you should say that,

"Crap! It just ran across my foot".
I just the other day steped on a huge green snake, I liked to have died. she raped around my leg OH BOY talk about fear.
Just so you know, I don't have a lick of control on any darn critter LOL

Becky I'm sending your box on Monday, be careful when you open it you never know what will pop out.EEEEEEkkk

o

Tracy, I may have to wait until Monday to get your box out. I had everything all ready, but those darn guys from the zoo came and confiscated Stripey, so I'm gonna have to go out to my parents' farm and catch another one...
Striped Skunk! Pictures, Images and Photos

Say, does anyone know how long a fish can survive out of water? Just in case the trip to the farm is a bust...

o

I have been happily working on Linda's box today!! I should be mailing out Monday. The boys will help me gather the plants and cuttings tomorrow :) I am so excited! I have really had a wonderful day going through goodies to send to Linda!

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Hello, how is everybody??? I hope you all are having an awesome weekend.

Becky I've got your box almost ready, I just have to twik it a little. Becky is there anything that you might want from FL?? and do not ask for money!!!!

I'll have you your box in the mail on Mon.
I can't wait to get mine what are you sending me HA HA HA!
Did I say I exited L :o)

Big hugs, Carmen

o

Hi Diene,
Yes, the pic is really of me. It was taken really early in the morning (at 7am) I look a little tired. ;) I volunteer at a local school to balance books (treasurer). They insist each year to include my pic in a yearbook and label me as 'staff' be back later to catch up with all the posts.

Hugs,
Deb

o

oh. my. gosh.

I have missed you guys!!!! I am FINALLY re-joining the online world again! It's been, goodness, 4 1/2 months if not a bit more? what started as an expected short 2wk lapse in internet activity turned into a heck of alot longer due to many financial issues we had coming up left and right! Add in family illnesses, van issues, house problems.. whew ! We still don't have a phone, but we do have cheap-o internet and that makes me giddy! lol We are just now starting to see the light of day again it seems like. I have missed you all so much!!!!!! If anyone's emailed me.. well it might be awhile before I get back to you... I have umm.. well the number is in the HIGH thousands of new emails in my inbox.. *gulp* Shoulda cancelled the free cycle alerts before we went down..lol

First of all, Melissa honey I'm so sorry to hear the news.. my prayers are certainly with you, your hubby and your family. sending you lots of love n hugs and prayers for healing..

Linda - hi! :) You always do such a lovely job as hostess and this month's theme is no exception! Beautiful idea as we all need the support of our friends to get thru those tough times... during my absence was the 1year anniversary of my mom's passing.. (anniv. is SOO not the word to use here..) it was tough, REALLY tough. lots of tears, but then again a feeling of strength, cuz my mom, she was one strong beautiful woman. I feel like that is one of the greatest gifts she instilled in me. I miss her so much.. but I have survived and I realize the world does keep moving on even tho for a good while I didn't see how it possibly could.. I've enjoyed seeing some of her flowers coming out this year. They all remind me of her. Heck, everything here reminds me of her, but somehow that comforts me. anyhoo... didn't mean to start a novel here. :P I really just wanted to say 'lovely idea for a theme' cuz we can all use a lil healing in our lives. *hugs*

Kathy - I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well, but sorry to hear of all the post surgery problems you've been having.. I know when my son had his spinal fusion that it was a good long while before he felt like his old self and lots of therapy (and feel good pills!) I hope they can figure out what you need, constant back pain is no party. I wish I could come over and help out! *hugs*

Hi Carol and Deb and Annie and Becky! :) Hiya Joy/Tracy, I remember you! :) Nice to meet ya Carmen! Hi Nichol! I hope I haven't missed anyone, but if so hi to you too! heh

Hi Diene! Thanks again to you for helping me out with the newbie swap. I heard from Melissa you'd sent goodies the week before my boxes arrived. I appreciate that very much! I just wish I had been able to get online to thank you sooner! Even our local library doesn't allow forums to be signed into. grr!

Happy almost.. no wait.. it's after midnight.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!!!!!!!!!! :P A great big Xena Warrior shout-out to you! hehe .. (everyone if you don't know, don't ask.. LOL ) I'll email you tomorrow eve about the October swap! I hope you have a wonderful laid back relaxing birthday! *hugs*

Take care everyone and I'll be popping back in very soon!!

Hugs,
Wendy/sassyb...

o

Wendy!!! Its sooooooooooooooo good to see you!!!."pouring you a cup of tea and passing you a brownie"..((HUG))

o

XENA! I mean WENDY!!! It's so cool to see you again!!!
(now, for those of you not "in-the-know", here's a picture of Wendy in her day-to-day work uniform...)
Xena Warrior Princess Pictures, Images and Photos
after all, it's my birthday, so YES I can get away with it!!! lol!

o

Happy Birthday Dan!!

o

Happy Birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!!!

Joan

o

Happy birthday!!
B-DAY DOGGIE Pictures, Images and Photos
How old are we this year?? I hope you have a great one. :)
~Laura

o

Kathy, I"m been working on your box,,,"whistling and looking up at the ceiling"..that's all have to say...."G"

o
RE:Dan

Happy Birthday Dan!!!! hope it's a good one!!

o

Happy Birthday, Dan!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Wendy!!!! Honey, I was just thinking about you yesterday!!I'm so glad you're back! Yeah, the problems have been a pain in the butt... seriously. And back... and legs. Poor little guy, it's hard enough as an adult to go through this! Just thinking about a young person going through it is awful! The pills aren't so feel good lately. I felt I needed some time of of the heavy narcotics. But honestly, I'm going to have to have them give me something stronger. I'm not sleeping much at all- rather than being on the internet now, I read- THANKS AGAIN to Joan for those books! Between not sleeping, and barely able to get around without the walker that I really detest... well.. I refuse to use the bloody thing, ya know? I should be able to get around reasonably comfortably by now! The not sleeping is really starting to wear on me these days.

Beh... enough of that.

So happy you're back! I know you've been missed!

It's raining this weekend, which is just making me ache more- surely they are going to find arthritis in that CAT scan.

Linda, I was planning to have the boys dig stuff and do cuttings for me and all to finish packing your box today so Cliff can take it to work with him tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have a break in the rain sometime today so we can get out there. If not, I will probably wait until tomorrow. At least everything will be well watered, so they should travel really well! I'll let you know later today. I have DC slips here, so I'll be able to post the number for you as soon as I get it packed.

Happy Birthday, again, Dan!!

And Happy Sunday to everyone!

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Hello one and all,
I'm not part of this group,just wanted to pop in and say hi,and to tell you all what a great idea this is that you have going.
I'm guessing that you are all sending tings to make the other happy?Correct?
How inspiring to see even those we do not know personally,care so much for each other,it is like this over on the hosta forum as well.
Cheers to you all,i will keep reading,it's been fun seeing how all of you react,and now i HAVE to know what goodies you get.
Happy Sunday.
(Hi Sassy)
cAROL

o

Wow, boxes already heading to the post office tomorrow!!! Diene, sorry I am not going to be that quick. Had my oldest son and my dil in town for the weekend. Big art festival weekend and tradition is for them to come and we go down for the arts in the afternoon and entertainment in the evening. Then there is the big camper show on our Universities campus today. Can't miss that. We need to start thinking about retirment and having a in house potty when we go camping. Something small but convenient. I should be able to work on it Wednesday which is my day off.

Diene and I have exchanged emails and I am getting to know her. Yes, I have been a member of GW for years but did not frequent here much. I had not done much exploring so did not know we had all these great groups and swaps that go on. I love it.

Happy Birthday Dan. Hope you have big plans and great fun!!

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!

Lord willing, your box will go out Tuesday (or Wed). I'm still researching on the best way to send a few things. I'll go ahead and warn you, I'm not experienced at packing or organizing a good swap box yet. But I'm working on it!

~ Tracy

o

Tracy, I've got your box all set to go out in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes Everyone! Today is my one day off this week, so I'm just taking it easy and relaxing. Next weekend I have 3 days off, so I'll probably be doing some more celebrating then. I went out for dinner with my parents yesterday, and they sent me shopping for plants afterwards! Yee-haw! I bought a gorgeous mum, some asters, and a mystery clematis. There's still money left over, so I'll probably do more shoppig tomorrow after work!
This morning my roommate prepared strawberry pancakes with cool whip, strawberries, maple syrup, and sausages! MMMMM, I had to protect my plate from the cats, but it was worth it! Tonight he's making a rotisserie chicken with all the fixuns, lol! I worked out in the garden for a bit this morning, planting, harvesting, and shelling beans. All in all, it's been a pretty good day!

o

Sounds like you had a great day so far, Dan!

Here's the cake, LOL!

Photobucket

Hugs,
Deb

o

Happy Birthday Dan! Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. This swap was a great idea - so nice to see folks enjoying it! Bunny, I have you in my prayers! I've been missin you all. I hope things settle down soon and maybe I can participate in one of the fall swaps. Even though I can't participate right now, I didn't want to miss an opportunity to send you all lots of HUGS!!!! Happy Blooms! Nik

o

*smacks Dan for that pic up there... (I can get away with it cuz it IS your birthday... LOL) Hope you had a great day!

Hi hosta expert.. I mean Carol! Feel free to pop in anytime! It's a wonderful group of people!

Hey Nikki! :)

Kathy ~ My son takes Melatonin to aid with sleeplessness during those chronic pain nights. ALWAYS check w/ your doctor first tho ya know.. :P but it's all natural and it works wonders. My middle son takes it every night as it was the natural alternative when he takes the ADHD meds during the day. It works fantastic for them. Just a suggestion :)

There was an arts and crafts fair in the area today that I took my daughter and my future daughter-in-law to. It was GREAT to have a day 'out' and with just the girls..lol I left a note of to-do's with the menfolk here and I came home to a clean kitchen, dinner (well the bbq brisket was done), I whipped up some potato salad and steamed some fresh green beans, cut up a few cucumbers and my daughter made some toast and dinner was ready in a flash. mmmmm :) I love looking at everyone's crafty ideas at those festivals! I got a few christmas gifts for the girls when they weren't looking and bought a gorgeous painted homemade hummingbird feeder. Not sure if it's too late this year but I filled it up and it's right outside my window so we'll see!

Take care everyone!
Hugs,
Wendy / sassyb...

o

WHAT??? What did I do??? I'm innocent! LOL!

And by the way, how do these pictures keep finding their way into my posts?
Xena The Warrior Princess Pictures, Images and Photos

I know nothing...I know nothing... I know nothing.....

o

Hi Nikki!!!! So good to see you, hon!

Hello Carol!!! More than welcome to join in all the silliness we have going on here! The swap this month is to remember that friends share the bad times as well as the good. Several of our members have really had a rough year in many ways- loss of loved ones, illnesses, medical issues, and the one most of the country is dealing with- financial. For some of us, myself included, painful medical issues have kept us from enjoying and experiencing the true healing that gardening and plants and seeds from friends afford us. For me, to receive something, whether plants or seeds, from a friend makes me smile, working with that plant leaves me with loving thoughts of a friend who shared their love of gardening with me as well as a part of themselves and their gardens. To me, such a gift is something of a sacred trust :) To know they were thinking about me when they made the cutting or dug the plant, the care they took in wrapping it to mail so it would arrive to me in the best shape possible. Their joy is seeing their gift anticipated and enjoyed. All of those things create positive energy, healing energy. Whether you believe in payer or meditation or some other form of them, all of it is positive energy, which is healing energy :)

That is really what this swap is about, to my mind :) Others may have a different concept in mind.

I know that the care and wellbeing of plants that my friends here shared before my back surgery was one of the things that encouraged me to get outside and walk more, despite the pain. Unfortunately with my poor husband struggling to work, take care of me and the house and bills and cooking as well as the yard and garden and a VERY hot drought after more than a month solid of daily heavy rain, I lost several plants. Something that broke both mine and my husband's heart, even though he is not a gardener and though appreciates my efforts at gardening, "just does the manual labor" in his words :) I still make at least 1 daily stroll each day to check on everything, let my husband and sons know what needs to be done and to just plain and simply enjoy the love and well wishes that my friends have shared with me over the past year and almost 9 months.

LOL, probably more of an answer than you'd really wanted, but to me, that is what this swap is about. We're keeping it as cost effective as possible so that more people could feel they could join in. I hope that you will stick around and enjoy the conversations and join in on them! And you're more than welcome to join next month's swap :)

Linda, hon, it poured ALL day yesterday! We had about an hour of gentle, slow rain and had to use that to get to the store. Cliff insisted that I go too because I'd not been out of the house all week except to walk in the yard. When we got back, the rain started increasing to the point that we both got drenched when he took me out to find tomatoes that I could make him fried green tomatoes out of. He still doesn't have the "feel" for when they're ripe enough to be fried. He can't eat ripe tomatoes- something in the acid makeup gives him the most horrible cold sores on his lips. So fried green tomatoes is the only way he gets to enjoy them aside from spaghetti type sauces. He just cannot eat a raw, red ripe tomato. He's learned how to make fried green tomatoes, but still prefers it when I make them. He says mine come out different- more crispy but still moist inside. His are either too well done or limp :P Not to mention I think it's another way for him to keep me walking. He goes out and lifts the toms to a height that I can see them well and feel the firmness to know if they're ready to be fried.

So, anyway, we didn't get to dig any of the things I want to send you. Or have time between cloudbursts to choose cuttings. It's still really cloudy, but I believe that this afternoon and evening we're suppose to have some clear time. When the boys get home from school, we're going to do homework real quick, then get outside and make the cuttings and dig the plants. Then we can bring them all inside to finish cleaning them off and wrapping them to mail. I so wanted to have this in the mail to you today, but the weather just would NOT cooperate! Digging should be easy and we're going to lay them out on newspaper for a couple hours before packaging so the foliage will dry a little and not rot or mildew in transit. LOL, I learned to do that after sending a friend plants a few years ago and though the root structure was fine, the foliage was either rotted or mildewed and the plants stayed weak for several months before it was really able to recover.

Hehe... can you tell I woke up and had to almost immediately take a pain pill? For some reason, this one makes me very chatty once it kicks in. Unfortunately the pain relief doesn't last for more than an hour or so, so I'm gonna go and take out something for dinner and get Devin to help me make my bed before he leaves for school. While I can move a little and stretch a little without crying.

I should have your box on it's way tomorrow. I'll post the confirmation number and let you know for sure :) Our weatherman is rarely wrong, but I'm looking at that sky out the window and thinking it's awful dark out there for an afternoon clear off... and the clouds don't seem to be moving at all. SO we'll see.

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Hi Kathy,
Thank you for explaining to me your set up for trading,i think this is so wonderful,and you are right about all of us needing moral support,and i am a firm believer in the healing of gardening,as well as positive energy.I hope you all do not mind my eves-dropping,on all of you,but i just love to read about your group.
Thank you for the invite for next month,all i have right now are hosta,sorry.
I did the WSing last year,but first times do not always bloom.But if it is ok with all of you,i will just "listen",to all your excitement,and wish all of you well,
You sound like you have had a very rough time of it lately,i know about back pain, i have 3 herniated discs,and a pinched nerve,not a good spot to be in.
Keep moving,it is good for you.I hope you receive lots of fun garden plants,i can't send you any thing,except,well wishes,and a speedy recovery,to you all.
cAROL

o

Becky< Ive got your box ready I have no adress
I emailed you.
The horse and buggy to the post office is leaving LOL
Carmen

o

Heidi and I have been in touch. I've asked her to hold off sending my box until the end of the month, because no one will be here to receive it before then.

I'm looking forward to seeing the contents of everyone else's boxes in the meantime!

Hugs all around!

~CA

o

Tracy, your box is on its way! The dc# is 0309 1140 0000 9307 0302. Be careful when you open it, I'm just hoping it doesn't spring out at you with claws extended.... hehehe

o

Becky, your box is on the way, I made it to the PO before they closed WHEWWW. DC#03091830000070145258 ENJOY!!!
LMK when you get it

Carmen

o

I let Carmen know that I am holding off on sending her box until some things I ordered arrive. Looks like we might get some rain today. I hope so. We need it.

o

Goodmorning everyone! :)

Sounds like you hired a chef as your roomie Dan! Now I'm craving pancakes darnit! :P

Hope you have a better day today Miss Kathy!

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Good Morning All;
I thought I had posted that I had shipped and if this is a duplicate, I apologize. I shipped my box yesterday and I now believe I did not send everything I was supposed to but it is gone. The DC is 01038555749828115969. I do hope you enjoy it Margo and it has been fun getting to know you.
Hope everyone has a great day.
diene

o

"throwing confetti and dancing all around" I am soooooo excited! My step-dughter once removed is finally going to be moving out next month! She's my daughter's half sister (same father)and she's 30. Anyways, she moved in here last year for three months and after a year she's now moving out next month. She had all kinds of problems and reasons why she couldn't move out. (I knew Jeff had it when he told her if she hadn't found a place by Oct 31, he was taking her to a homeless shelter)
I found an apartment for her and her boyfriend yesterday. Am I excited? You bet,..Jeff gets his office back and he's out of my desk and craft room. Word of advice, don't put an extra bed in your house as a guest bed..someone might move in and not leave..and yes,the bed is going!

o

Hi Everyone
I just wanted to pop in here and tell Dan HAPPY BIRTHDAY! A few days late, admittedly, but I couldn't NOT tell him. *hugs* to you, Dan...I hope it was a good one.

~Thank you to everyone for the prayers & thoughts...I've needed them, and they've helped. I'm feeling better- physically, anyway...the emotional part is taking longer, but I'll get there.
Remember the anniversary surprise my hubby has been mentioning? It turns out that he had rented a lake cabin in Eureka Springs for us. 3 nights of nothing but peace & quiet. He'd rented it way back at the beginning of the year, thinking that by this time of the year, I'd need a break from kids & homeschooling.
I think the timing worked out....this was definitely a weekend we needed together to pray, cry & just BE.
I'm still walking around in a daze...sometimes things hit me, other times I'm numb....but I'm sure this is normal, and I'm sure I'll be OK.

Hugs & Squishes,
Melissa

o

Melissa.....I am so happy you had "together time" with your husband for a few days. Thoughts and prayers..........

Danny Boy.....Belated.....Happy Birthday!

Happy Tuesday to all!

Annie

o

Yippee! Boxes are flying.

Dan - Your box went out today. DC# 0309 0330 0000 5092 0149. I was out of packing tape, so the guy at the post office taped it up. And boy did he tape it! I think it would have looked better if he'd picked it up and wrapped the tape around it. But not complaining - he got the job done.

~ Tracy

o

I'm here, just watching all the fun LOL. I'll be sending CA's box out in a few weeks as she requested. Better timing for me too actually :)

o

YAY!!! I just checked, and my box has made it through Charlotte! It'll be here for the weekend! How cool!

Wendy, I'm e-mailing you about the October swap...

o

Melissa, it sounds that your weekend was just what you and your husband needed,,,,((HUG))

o

Melissa, sounds like a much needed and wonderful weekend :) I'm so glad to see you and am keeping you in my prayers :)

Linda, hon, I'm still arguing with the weatherman here. We've had steady rain for several days. Not to mention, I was in bed for two days. One with bad muscle spasms and the other with a migraine from those spasms. Cliff and the boys were afraid to dig anything for fear it would be the wrong thing. We're hoping for this afternoon. Again, we're suppose to have a clear window... we'll see. And Cliff is off tomorrow, so if nothing else, he will help me then and we'll finish packing it and drop it by the post office on our way to his Mom's for him to move some things around for her.

I'm so sorry! I'd planned to have this in the mail already!

HUGS to all!

Kathy

o

Kathy, it's fine with me...I'm still working on yours!.."L"...I just had another idea so I have to work on it today..."tucking in stray feelers while trying to close lid"...

o

I'm behind on the posts again. I'll try to read & catch up with it later. My box will go out on Monday. This weekend is our village wide garage sale. I still have lots of Mom's stuff left that I specifically saved for this sale. It's so hard to throw out really nice stuff. "Treasure days" is the perfect place (everything usually goes) sale.
The village has a pirate ship float around during the sale, with music (LOL) and the pirates throw chocolate coin candy at everyone. The town looks like a flea market so many houses participate. I usually love to look around, but have to have this sale. Whatever doesn't go this time is being donated. ;)

Melissa,
I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you! Giant hugs! I'm so glad you were able to get away for a few days. Your weekend sounded perfect!

Deb

o

Guess what came for me today?! My box from Dan, stuffed full of goodies. Yipee!

There was:
* a very nice card
* flower labels
* Gardener's soap - I've heard lots of nice things about PurpleAcre's soap
* Farmers Almanac and Container gardening magazine - I think these will be very useful.
* Two wooden flowers to remind me of spring and summer - I'm putting them in my laundry room window where I start my seeds. I'll get to admire them often in there because the laundry never ends!!
* scented spray
* a cute little white pumpkin, now sitting over the fireplace
* cherry flavored coffee - will try in the morning!
* Mango flavored dried pineapple and dried Banana Chips - Dan, how did you know that I love banana chips but am too cheap to buy them for myself
* goody bag of seeds - anxious to try the corn especially

and PLANTS - I'm really excited about the plants. As you will learn when you get my box, my flower garden is very limited! And the flowers you sent are the varieties I remember my grandmother growing, especially the Black-eyed Susans. I am quite impaired when it comes to flower gardening, and I didn't see a name on the vining plant. So any help would be appreciated. I see Black-Eyed Susan's and Shasta Daisies - both of which I love (and had none of).

Thanks so much Dan for the thoughtful box!! I'm going to go right out and get these plants in the ground. I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful garden - thank you again for sharing. I've had lots of fun.

~ Tracy

o

Thanks, Linda :) I was hoping you wouldn't be too upset!

Photobucket

Kathy

o

Received my box from Diene today. It had varieties of lilies and iris, plus sedum, a hosta, and tiger lily bulbs. There was also a big box of special M&M's which are delicious. I will be able to attack those better when I have my next Weight Watchers weigh in :), salt and pepper shakers, poppy and daylily seeds.

Thank you Diene. All the plants are safely tucked in bed starting to put down their roots. Your box is in the works and plants will be dug up this weekend. I will post when it leaves the house.

o

I just received the most awesome box from Carmen today! It couldn't have come at a better time as I had a bad day. I woke up at 3:30 which made for a reeaally long day. My fibromyalgia was acting up and my arthritis was bad today. Imagine my delight when I got home and found her box. Then I opened it and.....WOW! She really made this a special swap for me. I had lots of nice individually wrapped (in pink tissue paper) packages tied with assorted ribbons. I received:

Clarence Iris (Beautiful!)
iris Pallida (Very nice!)
heuchera
heuchera orange? (whatever color they are I love them!)
ornamental fall pumpkin
a black crow
aroma therapy oil and sticks lavender mint (smells great)
a magic towel (it grows in water)
an adorable Forever Friends frame (you should have sent a pic of you for it!)
Celtic Spirit CD (listening now!)
Night at the Movies CD
cute paper clips (will make great bookmarks!)
a manicure set
a lovely Christmas Rose and story
a great Peace for a Woman's Soul book
mini blind stakes
pencils
pink grapefruit and citrus lime lip butter (Yummy!)
a tiny pot pot ornament (How creative!)
a beautiful garden journal with a couple of plant profiles
a word find book (I love doing these!)
two notepads and pen set (with monkeys!)
two Country Living magazines

Everything is just fantastic, Carmen! I can tell how much thought you put into this for me and it was a perfect end to a bad day. The Hugs and Healing you sent are greatly appreciated and needed.

Photobucket

Becky

o

What wonderful boxes everyone is sending! Hugs and healing are just flying everywhere!

o

Tracy, I'm glad you liked your box! I can't remember the name of that vine I sent you, but I do know that it's pretty sturdy and will live beneath the snow. I rescued that one and two others just like it last week. Isn't it cool how long it is? I wove my two into an arbor in the rose garden, and they'll keep growing and spreading next year too! I do know also that you see those vines in a lot of hanging baskets. If I can figure out what it's called, I'll let you know.

I agree with Linda, there are some great boxes being sent!
-Dan

o

MNF Hugs & Healing Swap

Photobucket

Photobucket

Laura (and Zoe & Rufus) really brought a smile to my face today. Look at how she wrapped every individual item! Pepper and I felt like it was Christmas morning!
She sent:
hummingbird feeder (I have tons of hummingbirds here. This way I don't have to refill 1 feeder every day.)
raspberry green tea
baking cups (I love to cook, so really can use these.)
4 pc garden nursery set with goggles, mask, gloves -really can use
lots of seed envelopes for my trades
pretty little notecard book
2 great smelling candles
2 little leis - I can pretend that I'm on that vacation we unemployed people can't afford to take. :)
and tons of glad bulbs ( I told her I'm having much more luck with bulbs this year and she sure delivered.)
green woodpecker
priscilla
home coming
gypsy baron
jester gold
PLUS, as you can see, Pepper got a chewy bone that she's working industriously on right now and a rubber ducky!
Laura also enclosed a pretty Michigan postcard with words of encouragement.
Laura, thank you and your kitties for everything and for lifting my spirits!
I'm still gathering items for your box so it will probably leave next week.

Hugs and thanks again!

Joan

PS - Sorry the pictures are so large, didn't know how to reduce them.

o

Joan, that postcard looks like the pond on my fathers' property! His place looks different now, but that's how it looked when I was a kid, roaming the woods with my youner sister and our two ponies! We each were given a Welsh pony when we moved to the country, and they followed us up hill and down trail just like a couple of dogs. Those were the good ol' days. Did I just say that? Uh oh, old age is creeping up on me! Next thing you know, I'll be telling people how I used to walk 10 miles to school and back, up hill both ways, and we were actually bussed for 30! LOL!!!

o

Becky, I'm so glad you like what I sent you, I had a blast puting it together. I keep thinking of other things I could have sent, you know how it is hind sight is always 20/20

Joan Thats a wonderful box you got from laura.

Everybody else agreat big hello :o)
Carmen

o
October swap

p.s. Stay Tuned. Wendy and I are going to co-host the October swap, and will be posting it on Sunday the 20th.

Want a hint about what it's going to be about?

o

Great boxes!!

Linda, honey, your box will be in the mail tomorrow!!!!

I really hope you enjoy everything. There is special meaning for me for most of what I sent you. Some of it is explained in the letter :)

I have your DC#, but it won't be active until tomorrow after Cliff goes to work. He'll have to wait until the windows open and take it up front to mail.

0308 0070 0001 4812 0156

LOL, it hasn't even left the house yet and I'm already getting excited for you to get it!!! Let me know how everything travels and I'll replace anything that doesn't make it.

HUGS,

Kathy

o

your box will be going out tomorrow too! I hope you like everything.. had a good time putting it together

o

Good Evening/Good Morning,

I am just loving these boxes you are sending/receiving!!!!!!

Nichol, I am planning on getting your box of H & H to the PO on Tuesday and will post the DC# after I send.

Annie

o

Such great boxes! This has been a wonderful swap. Thanks for hosting Linda.

Joan, for a minute when I looked at your pictures I thought that Laura had sent the dog! :) You never know with the wacky people on this thread! Then I realized it was Pepper. LOL!

o

HEYYYY!!! What wacky people? It's not like we MNFers are deranged or anything. Right? LOL!!!

Meet you back at the asylum!

o

Dan, the postcard is truly beautiful! Lucky you to grow up somewhere like that. While it is pretty here in the fall, we're mostly pines and it doesn't compare to that photo.
Yes Carmen, Laura obviously put a lot of thought into my box and it was just wonderful!
No way would Pepper sit still long enough to be boxed up Becky! I told you guys that she loves our boxes as much as I do. I have to sit down on the floor and open with her smelling each and every item and literally right up IN them.

Joan
Joan

o

okay Dan..what kind of stuff are you and Wendy brewing up for October??

o

ohhhhhhhhhhh, sumpin!

o

Kathy, here's your confirmation number: 0308 2690 0001 2317 0130...hope you like everything!..(HUG))

o

I'm sure Dan's brewing sumpin really scary, LOL!
Probably a warlock and witches swap! Muhhhhahhahhha! I love Halloween & Fall! Can't you tell? ;)

Off to go grocery shopping!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Well, if it involves chocolate or other forms of candy....I just might be coerced...uh, I mean TEMPTED, because we all know Dan NEVER EVER EVER bends arms to get people to play...to play next month. :O)

o

3kittieshalloweeen Pictures, Images and Photos

Oh boy, Oh boy, can't wait for Dan & Wendy to fess up on our October swap!!!! :)

o

well, there might be something to do with halloween involved, but I seem to remember something about the Easter Bunny also being discussed... hehehe

I'll be posting the swap sometime on Sunday, with all the details. Think you all can wait until then???

Oh, there was also something about posting pictures of ourselves... but I can't remember all the details on that one. Hmmm, where did I put my notes???

o

Heidi - your box is packed and will go out in the morning.

~CA

o

halloween witches Pictures, Images and Photos

Ok Dan, here's my picture. I'm the one trick or treating for candy. Now can you post a little early? Huh, huh, huh?

Joan

o

nope

o

My box from Tracy arrived today!!! Tracy, thank you very much! I've already started coloring! LOL!

Tracy sent...
4"x8" bubble envelopes
Monster Treats coloring book
Crayons (already using these, ((grin))...lol)
Hersheys chocolate Hugs
Candleholder w/ candles
Irises, Daffodils, and Hens-n-Chicks for the garden
Muscadine Jelly (gonna eat this on my biscuits in the morning)
some brochures of places to visit near Tracy (Tracy, these brought back some good memories. I used to live in Cleveland Tennessee, and have travelled to the Biltmore Estate, Grandfather Mountain, and Chimney Rock)
and seeds! lots of seeds! moonflower, star of yelta morning glory, seashell cosmos, light purple hollyhocks, geranium, and 5 types of tomatoes!

This box was full of fun, memories past, and hopes for the future. Thank You Tracy!!!

-Dan

o
the new swap has been posted

Okay, so what I thought I'd do was wait until the last minute on Sunday and post the new swap. Wendy and I are co-hosting, I'm posting, she's going to pick partners, and we're both babysitting. ((Insert chuckle here, that really was funny. Really.)) But, it's Sunday, I'm still awake, so I thought I'd post the new swap instead of teasing you all. The name of the swap is the "new: mnf october swap - u pick the theme". I hope you all will join us in a frolicsome good time.
-Dan

o

I already signed up for yours Dan!

I'll post after a bit and see where we stand in boxes..have to wake up firt.."yawning"

o

LOL!!! You were signing up while I was making another post! Great minds thinking alike? ***pouring Linda some Tea WITHOUT Baileys, think she'll notice???***

o

Linda, I'm ROTFLing as I read your post,
"have to wake up firt.."yawning"
I couldn't help but to put an -a- in that "firt"
I sorry I a sicky!!!

Hugs, Carmen

o

Hello everyone. Tammy emailed me a while back about this group but I was just too overwhelmed with all life had thrown at me at. John and I had lots of things we eventually wanted to get done on the house but just didn't have the money to accomplish. Since he died in June, things just kinda went crazy. First the roof started to leak and when they delivered the materials, the driveway cracked so bad it caused the basement to flood...first 2 repairs were a must. Then the AC broke on the only truly hot and humid week our Michigan summer (or lack of) sent our way. I figured that since John had to tinker with the furnace to get it running a couple times last winter that I should replace them both. While the guys were replacing the furnace and AC, the hot water tank started leaking really bad...so it was replaced also. A week later the drier died and had to be replaced. When I thought things finally started to settle a bit, I was scrubbing the tile in the tub and it fell off the wall!!! So the bathroom was next on the list. Since the kitchen is so outdated and cabinet doors are falling off...I decided what the heck, the house is so full of dust from construction why not add another foot or so. So right now, I have no kitchen. Whew. I think John made sure I couldn't find me a young hotty to spend all his life insurance on!

Needless to say I did find time to get a new love in my life. I was getting pretty down and very lonely especially at night. Some days it was almost impossible to get myself out of bed. Well this little guy has been quite a God send. He gives me unconditional love and gets me going. I call him "J" in honor of my husband John. He is helping me get out walking and meeting new people. We started taking training classes together and even entered a dog show. I actually started to feel younger again...although at 47 I certainly am not an antique!

J man

I am so sorry to hear of all the other problems people are having but this is certainly the right place to come for support. Hopefully we all can find healing both physically, emotionally and spiritually in the many days to come.

Kim

o

Kim *hugs* 'J' is soooooo adorable.. and I am just in love with his hairy stand-up ears! ROFL (that's a scary thought.. who knew I liked hairy ears so much!?!) I'm glad you have a new lil friend to keep you company and entertained. :)

Just poppin' in to say hi to everyone! Ya'll ( :P )come on over to the new MNF October pick your theme swap and join us if you can! We'd love to have you!

Hugs,
Wendy / sassyb...

o

Kim my heart goes you this is the first time we've met but I certainly feel your pain. I am so glad that ugly cloud seems to be moving on.

I love your little "j" he is too cute.

Every body else Hello
Carmen

o

***=received MD=mailed NM=not mailed NR=not received

Deb (debbya) =NM
Carol (veeja11)=NM

Diene (diene)=mailed NR
Margo (Smitties) *** NM

Linda (lindaruzicka)=MD
Kathy (jalessia) =MD

CA (sakura komichi)=NM
Heidi (bhnash) =NM

Tracey (joy unspeakable)=MD ***
Dan (dan the mailman) =MD ***

Carmen (gardencraze)=MD NR
Becky (proudgm 03)=NM ***

Joan (ejmoore 510)=NM ***
Laura (lilangel 181) =MD NR

Annie(canyonwind)=NM
Nichol (gardenmom 2)=NM

o

Hello Linda;
Margo (smittie) received her box last week and posted her thanks. I know how confusing this can get but I thought I would correct that for you. Hope everyone is well. We are supposed to be out on the boat but DH always finds chores so I am heading outside myself. I am going to a plant swap in NH next Sunday and need to figure out what I am bringing. HOpe everyone is well. I will come back and visit later.
Welcome back Kim, I am glad to see you here, we have missed you. Sorry to hear about the other aggravations but it may have helped to be so distracted.
J looks like the perfect companion.
diene

o

I mailed my box to Heidi yesterday. Sorry I wasn't able to post until now. Here's the DC#: 0309 1140 0000 7999 5025

~CA

o

Glad you enjoyed the box Dan. I had a great time with this swap. Please let me know if there is a better way to send plants other than what I did. This is my first time mailing plants and I want to be sure to do it right in the future.

Now I have to see if I have enough 'fundage' for Octobers swap. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun!

Hope everyone is doing well.

~ Tracy

o

hmm....Diene, I have down that Margo received her box (***) but that she didn't send yours (NM) yet? Is that right?.."checking list to see who's naughty or nice"...Woops...wrong list!..."checking swap mailing list"

o

Kim, it's so good to see you ((HUG)) I hope that you join Dan's swap for next month...in the meantime, pull up a chair and have some tea...

o

Kathy, your box came today and O MY! I need to make a list before I post! I just wanted to let you know that it's here safe and sound..

o

Glad it got there, Linda! Yours looks like it should arrive here today too :) Can't wait!

Let me know how everything traveled, I'll replace anything that didn't make it :)

Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. Muscle spasms are getting worse. I see my surgeon and get the CAT scan results on Thursday, so keep your fingers crossed and a prayer in your heart for me :)

Will be back after Linda's box gets here!

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Linda's box just arrived! I hope I don't forget anything!

A couple or really lovely letters telling me why she loves the plants and seeds she sent me along with another beautiful card and letter to me. Linda, thank you, hon. I really needed to hear that today :) There is also a postcard of somewhere for me to think about while I'm relaxing! It's gorgeous! A book to enjoy "The Magical Household", a beautiful mug with an assortment of flavored teas- YUM! and tucked in the handle a pair of crochet slippers! Gardening gloves, a whole envelope filled with homemade seed envelopes and the cutest little gnome potsitter!

The plants are Phlox, Cardinal flower, pink Malva, and pineapple sage!!!

Seeds: Brug- Sovolens white, Forget me not Firmament Linda;s own butterfly and hummingbird mix, Portulaca, and Colombine Winky Dinky Double

And last, but certainly not least... something I'm gonna dive in to in just a moment with a mug of coffee- TASTEY CAKES!!!!!!!!!!! I have sooo wanted to try these since everyone has raved over them!!!!!!

Thank you so much Linda! I love everything and will get the boys to plant out this afternoon!

HUGS!!

Kathy

o

Sorry I havent been on much, I still havent gotten around to buying a new coaxial cable splitter so its EITHER cable OR internet... I just dont have the patience to keep plugging and unplugging and switching those cords! :)

Joan, Im so glad you and Pepper love your box, I had a blast putting it together! (I love wrapping presents up too, can you tell?) Id love to see those pics you posted but it looks like the images arent working. Kim, Weve missed you, and what a cutie that J is! *Hugs* for all of you,
~Laura

o

Kim, it seems like you've been through an awful lot lately. I just love "J". He is adorable and he will bring you lots of joy and company I'm sure.

Becky

o

well, I opened Kathy's box and let me tell you, that baby was stuffed to the brim!
bulbs: fairy liles (in the fairy garden) Jeanne D'arc crocous, mexican shell flower, red hyacinth....all going in my front garden.
plants: salvia black and blue, wandering Jew, red honeysuckle from her wedding arbor (I love honeysuckle), purple flowered Ice plane (awesome) salvia, creeping thyme (this smells so good) purple flowered tall sedum, sweet potatoe vine Blackie and Black Heart. I can't wait to plant all this tomorrow!

Kathy sent me 54 packs of seeds!! What a variety! Seeds for my butterfly gardens and veggie garden. Can you say wsing?

THEN she had in the box: a book, 2 magazines, a cookbook, Heal yourself with Herbal teas, cylindar vase, Body spa anti-stress, gloves, body mist and cream (juicy pomegrante), plant stakes, seed envies, note cards,statonary, bulb food, flavored coffees and tea, pedicure set AND Baskens and Robbins hard candy (chomping on a piece now)

I can't believe everything that was in this box! You outdid yourself girl! ((HUG))

o
re: andddddd.....

a lovely letter explaining what the plants and bulb meant to her..I'll be honored to put them in my garden,,,"S"

o

Just wanted to remind you that I have been in contact with Carmen and she is okay with waiting to receive her box next month. The companies that I have ordered things from will not be shipping out until at least the 7th of October. Wish they would state the ship date when you order!

o

I got my box from CA today. She filled it with lots of goodies. Virginia peanuts, Chocolate Caramel Coffee!!!, tulip bulbs, sedum, daylily, cat grass seed, White Swan Echinacea seed, Maltese Cross seed, plant markers, Hellebore seedlings, Amsonia seedlings and coupons (from the sunday paper, another obsession of mine LOL) - WOW! Thank you soooo much. What a fun trade group :)

o

its okay Becky..you guys worked it out between you. Works for me!

o

I'm exhausted! I didn't send my box out yet, but will try tomorrow. I'll post the DC# when I return home from the post office. I had "Treasure Days" both days- Saturday & Sunday (huge village wide garage sale) and ended up selling almost everything of Mom's that I had left that I couldn't keep. I packed up what didn't sell and donated it. Watching Mom's things go has been both painful and theraputic. Sorry Carol my box is late. ;)

I'll hopefully catch up on everything soon!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Diene, it's on the way as of ten this morning. 03080660000088959790 Hope you enjoy everything. It's a very aromatic box.

o

and the boxes are flying again! This has been a really amazing swap with all the contents of the boxes..great j0b everyone!

o

Deb I am sorry but am going to be late, dh has me buried under canning jars. here is a pic of the shelves he got for 1.00 at lowes and planted tomatoes in, they are growing like mad, nice to pick tomatoes off the shelf.Photobucket hope to get your box out soon, sorry to be late. hugs carol

o

Nichol,

Your box of ................... went out this morning.

DC# 0308 2690 0000 5902 5887 from zip 92678

Happy Hugs and Healing...Hope all is well!

Annie

o

Linda, so happy you enjoyed everything! And by the way.. TasteyKakes are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I've almost gone through the WHOLE box! And I want more!!!!!!

Thank you again for such a wonderful box, and especially for that letter that you wrote to me. I cried when i read it! And Cliff and the kids were very touched too :)

HUGS to all!

Kathy

o

"chalking up one more Tastekake admirer"..you know, they have a website with ALL KINDS of varieties...."whistling and looking up at the ceiling"..."G"

I meant everything I said in your letter...((HUG)

o

My goodness what wonderful boxes are flying in. You ladies are awesome (and 1 gent) this was a great idea for a swap, so many people are hurting over one thing or another these days it is wonderful to have friends who really care. Thank you Linda for hosting it

Becky, I sorry I didn't even send you a card, I should have waited a little so I got more Ideas. LOL

Carol what an awesome idea with the shelves, I will have to steal that one.
Got to go, headed to somewhere to find a shelving thing.LOL

o

Yoo Hoo! Laura! Your box went out today.
Conf# 0306 2400 0003 0183 5906
Hope you like everything. :)
It's been raining here for 2 straight weeks. Water standing EVERY where. Beginning to wonder if I need to study up on Ark building....

Joan

o

Hello All;
Just finished a nice long post about my great box and away it went!! Damn!
Try again.
Great plants, all herbs, healthy like they just came out of the ground. Nine in all.
Big envie of seeds, six great herbs that I am going to try indoors this winter.
Information on growing harvesting and drying herbs from a class offered near Margo.
Warm socks, car atomizer, sharpie, post its, notecards..
AND BAUBLES!!!!
Margo sent two beautiful bracelets (I have one on each wrist as we type). They fit nicely and she made them herself.
My box wins!!!!
Thanks Margo.
diene

o

Margo makes awesome bracelets!! Great box, Margo!

o

Diene, I am so glad you enjoyed the box. I enjoy making bracelets and necklaces and as I have posted in the past, I don't wear them myself. I am happy when someone can wear them.
After the first frost hits, I begin creating jewelry. Gardening is my warm weather destresser. Winter is my cold weather destresser.
Thanks for hosting Linda. It was another good one. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

o

YAY! My box came in today and Joan youve seriously outdone yourself!! When we were exchanging our "things we like" list I never thought youd get one of everything for me!
My box included:
~10 red tulip and 10 daffodil bulbs
~a fraagrant herb kit with lavender, oregano and thyme
~orange gerbera daisy stepping stone
~manicure/pedicure set (with HOT pink polish!)
~assorted incense
~a suet basket and suet block
~adorable notebook
~a kitchen towel with pumpkins on it
~CARAMELS!!
~WAAAY too many kitty treats (see pictures)

Rufus with treats
Rufus inspecting the treats, that little piggy!

Zoe with toys
Zoe playing with her new toys.

Thank you, thank you so much for all of the goodies Joan (and Pepper)!! We love them all!
*hugs*
~Laura

o

NOW THAT MAKES ME SMILE!!!!
Which was the intent. Laura, I'm so glad you and the kitties enjoyed everything. It was wonderful meeting you all. I hope our package (mine & Pepper's) gave you some relief from your studies and renewed you for future endeavors. Please stay in touch. Pepper and I send our best.

Hugs,
Joan

o

Good Morning...

Nichol, checked my USPS tracker. Your pkg. was delivered last Thursday (9-24). I do hope you received!

DC# 0308 2690 0000 5902 5887 (sent 9-22)

Hope all is well!

Annie

o

Deb, forgive me please my box is not out yet, hopefully soon. thankyou for your patience. old carol is embarrased to be so late. hopefully real soon. hugs carol

o

Carol,
I'm running late with your box, so please don't worry about sending mine late. I'm going to the post office today to pick up a box, I have all the things ready, I just need to pack them. I also need tissue paper so am running to the store today too. I usually have all these things on hand, but can't find my pile of boxes anywhere! I'm not sure if a family member used them, hmm? Or I used them up.
Ok, where's the ginko boloba...hehe!

I'll post when my box goes out, promise it will be with in the next day.

Hugs,
Deb

o

I'm finally back home - too much travel! In the last 10 days that I've been away from home I've traveled by taxi, airplane, car, foot, city bus, foot, streetcar, light rail, foot, train, regional bus, foot, and bicycle. Oh, did I mention foot?

I think I'm just missing boat.

Happy to see Heidi's box got there ok. I'm enjoying catching up on what was in everyone else's boxes. They all look great!

~CA

o

Hi everyone. I fee like I have been MIA. FOrever. 3 weeks is a long time and I am sorry. I was drafted or elected or shanghaid into coaching my daughters cheerleading team. That would not have been so bad, as I would be doing all of the running around or it anyway, but then they informed me the day after trapping me into it that I needed to start practices immed. and oh by the way, you need to order uniforms,shoes, and lots of crap-ola. It would not have been so bad but the couple of uniforms I found that wee nice enough, they could not get to us beofre thanksgiving. The principal wanted them by the end of Oct. so that meant lots of nights on the computer searching for uniforms instead of being on GW with my freinds. It also meant (friends -sp) that I totally forgot about my box, which I tried to get ready early ( So sorry Anna)and did nt. SO anyway, it is on the way. Anna I rec'd your wonderful box on THursday when I got home at 8:30 and had homework with my 6 year old waiting on me. Friday we wnt to my in laws to see sick FIL and so I did not openuntil Sat. It was wonderful. It made me laught and cry and was just wonderful.

-sack of daffodils (lots)
-note pad, bubbles for kids, sunflower seeds for the birds,
-Cute little painted clothes pins with animals on them. dd loves them.
-Chocolate that is wonderful. Lots of diff. kinds.
-surgical/respiratory type masks, one which she drew on says I AM HAPPY and she drew a smiling mouth on it. Hilarious
-the best though are the cd's she burned. The Monkees, best of, The Diana Ross Definitive Collection, and the ABBA Gold. It is great. They are in my car.

Well, Anna's is on the wy, the uniforms are officially ordered yesterday, to be rec'd Oct. 20 and the shoes and briefs, and ribbons and socks are ordered as of today. SO, now ALL I have to do is put together a dance for the COMPETITION that I was informed we go to. UGH. Actually we started it yesterday (this is fifth and sixth grade) and got the timing down for our opening part which is a repeating patten of a move down the line of the girls. SO now ALL (LOL) I have to do is finish the choreography since I know whatbeat we end on. OY !!! Wish me luck. I am sorryfor the delay and totally claim the fact that I screwed that one up big time. LOL I had such good intentions. Even Told Anna that I was mailing it a few weekends ago b/c my schedule was crazy the next three weeks and that was before thecheerleading thing happend. Anyway, I think you will like what I sent and hope you smile. Say hi to the boys (her dogs) for me. Hope your fall tomatoes expeiment is working well for you.

Melissa, I am glad you are doing well physically and pray for your emotional well being as well. HUGS.

I am going to try to post the s\pink seed swap on Friday. We are out of school Friday,s o I can get caught up. My schedule lets up Friday too, as sons' swim lessons are over. That was a long three weeks of his lessons.

Nichol

o

My box for Carol FINALLY went out, YAY!
DC#0308 2040 0000 7894 3057

Hugs,
Deb

o

CA's box went out yesterday, but I forgot to write down the DC# :(

o

this swap is going to be coming to an end soon...don't forget to post what you received in your boxes!

o

Debby, I had plans to pack your box today, got box yesterday. laid down on couch and fell asleep so sorry but gonna be next week now. I want to but back dosen't forgive me it will get mailed.Photobucket hugs carol

o

I received a great box from miss Debby, a real nice friendship book, 12 tulip bulbs, a finger tip towel, a picture frame, coffee nips, baskin robbins chocolate chip mint candies, a beige bulky knit scarf, a diffuser with lil heart picks, still working on yours, this week for sure. thankyou for my great box and your patience. Thankyou and big hugs carol

o

My box from Heidi arrived Saturday. FULL of goodies: knee pads, scented candles, homemade minty cocoa, pretty handmade earrings (Heidi's design) with lavender flowers, floral notecards.

And plants. But they weren't labeled, so I don't know what all of them are (help!)
- Stachys 'primrose heron' with gorgeous chartreuse foliage. If you don't have this, get some. It is even better than the pictures.
- some type of salvia, I think
- something else with little round leaves

Bulbs:
- Allium Mt. Everest. Cant wait to try this, I've never had Alliums

Seeds:
- magenta four o'clock (yay! I've never had these but have been wanting to try)
- Cerinthe
- Teucrium fruticans
- purple Linaria
- Nigella 'jekyll blue' (I've wanted these, too - how did you know?)

(notice a blue/purple theme with these seeds? I love it!)

Thanks for a great box, Heidi, and thanks for working with me on the timing. I actually have time to plant these now!

~CA

o

CA-
Yes, I realized I forgot to label the plants, after I mailed them! ACK!

The two other plants are both salvias, the one with the long roots is Salvia leucantha (to zone 8, so put in a sheltered spot, and/or protect in winter) - gorgeous fuzzy purple spikes, about 5' wide and 3' tall, takes shearing back very well. The other is Salvia microphylla Pink (to zone 7), it spreads about 3' wide via runners, and is about 1' tall. You can divide that Stachys up easily into 4-6 plants too.

So glad the box arrived safely :)

o

The things I ordered for Carmen are supposed to arrive today. I hope so. Then I will send out my box.

Becky

o

I received my H & H box from Nichol........

Ziva Paperwhite bulbs...love paperwhites in the house!
Cherubs Smile Bearded Iris...do not have!
Paperback Book "Dakota Born"
Shower Soothers
Lindt candy bar
Green Apple Shower Gel and Body Lotion
Trident gum (2)
8 Herb tea packets, Sweet Dreams and Spiced Chai
Honeys Bakery Dog Biscuits (Happy Germans!!!)
Dog Shampoo

The dogs and I love our box of wonderful! Nichol, thank you very much!!

Another super swap hosted by Miss Linda...Thanks!!!!!

Annie

o

oh what lovely boxes! I think this swap has been very successful so far.

o

Carmen's box is going out today. I will post the confirmation # after I get back from the PO. Whew! It's about time the stuff got here. I'm still waiting on another order of plants and bulbs for myself from Michigan bulb. They have the shipping date as 10/21/09 to 11/21/09. I don't know if they know it or not but it will be too late to plant then!

o

Carmen, your confirmation # is 03080070000127161668. I hope it is worth the wait.
Becky

o

I'm so glad my box made it Miss Carol! Did the handpainted lampshade (for a large candle) make it ok, or did it break? It was glass, and I tried sooo hard to wrap it well.

Let me know.. Hopefully, it made it without breaking!

Deb

o

Annie, I am so glad you got the box and liked it. I apologize for forgetting. I thought the doggie treats were cute. LOL.

Thank you everyone here who has said a prayer for my family or I. My father in law went to be with our lord last night. It was very quick, as he just needed the hospital bed Wednesday, Last. He went down hill over the weekend but for lung cancer, he was blessed with a very quick and peaceful last few hours. He woke up and was able to talk with all of us for the last 4 hours of his life. He was even blessed with being able to hug my daughter, who would not leave his side (10 yrs old) with his arm which he has not been able to move in a couple months b/c of the cancer pressing on nerves. It was such a blessing to be able to visit with him and care for him and everyone here has been so supportive for so long. Everyone has prayed for us for a long time and sent me little emails of encouragement and caring. It was truly appreciated and hopefully after this final few days, we will be able to get into more of a normal groove around here, for the kids.
Thanks everyone. Lots of love.
Nichol

o

Nichol -

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I'll say a special prayer for your little one's. ((HUGS))

~ Tracy

o

Nichol,

My thoughts and prayers for your family.

Annie

o

Deb, the lampshade made it in perfect shape and is beautifull. thankyou, your box finally went out today, hope you like it hugs carol

o

Hi everyone, sorry i've been MIA. I have been working many hrs. and very Little time to do much else.

I received my box from Becky today, YAAAYYYY. And what a wonderful box it is. Miss Becky sent.

Beautiful clear glass vase
a book marker, poem
Goofy string, will have fun with that
3 friut scented bubles, YESSSSSS
Celestial tea sampler
Pkge of blank notes, very pretty
out door bug candle, need that here
2 post it
Blixtex
Ceramic pumkin, So sweet looking
Bath pillow
CD "Breakfast In Bed"romantic music, now if I can only
Never mind!!!
Huge antibacterial bottle of soap
Massaging foot scruber, how did you know I needed that???
Sothing foot files LOVE IT< I have a foot thing
IRIS imortality white LOVE IT
Assiatic lilies, Dublin and Stargagazer WOW wanted that

What a wonderful box Very much worth the wait Becky, thank you so much for being so generous. I love everything you sent.
Carmen

o

Heidi -

Thanks for the plant IDs. Glad you told me that Salvia leucantha is z8 - I'll try to keep it indoors this winter and see how it does. I adore fluffy flowers, so I really hope it makes it!

I planted the others out this week, near some irises. When I was planting, I realized the irises are ones I'd gotten from you before, so now I have a mini "Heidi bed"!

~CA

o

Carmen, I'm so glad you liked the box. I was waiting on the bulbs.

o

Deb the conf number says you have your box, do ya ?worried about the plants lmk please. thankyou hugs carol

o

Hi Carol,
Yes your box did arrive and let me share with Everyone what I received! The plants look great! Our temps have been really chilly, I've been afraid to send anything 'live' lately. The heuchera's my favorite, I love the foliage!

Cranberry & Pear bath soak (I need a few hours to revive, LOL)
Gardening gloves (always need these)
Fridge pad of paper w/magnet (paper never lasts in this house, we always need it)
Rain gauge (really neat, I've always wondered how much rain we get with our crazy weather)
Cute picture frame (Daughter ran away with this)
Package of plant markers (I always need plant labels)
Jap Iris/blue (love Jap IRIS)
Asiatic lily (love Lily too) This is going by my Mom's house in her landscape
Heuchera with reddish leaves (another one for my Mom's house)
Earring set with earrings (Daughter ran away with these too, LOL)
Sweet pea body lotion set/gels (I'm hiding this)
fruit delight (looks so yummy)
Pink sweet pea candle (smells wonderful)
Nice notebook (I need this by the computer desk)
Journal, photo frame (Daugher ran off with these)
Chai spice tea (Never tried spice tea, sounds really good)
purple elephant (MINE, LOL) I'm putting him in my car, let's see how long I'll have him. ;)

Thank you Carol for such a wonderful box! I loved everything you sent! This swap was so much fun!

Better make this short, It's so late and I'm jumping in the shower to try Carol's shower jel, yummy smelling lotion!

Hugs,
Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here