Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

12 month seed swap for September

beth_b_kodiak
17 years ago

Time to start a new thread for September. If you have not already decided what to send..... maybe something yellow for those big school buses. Or something that has done extra well in your yard this summer.

My black eyed susans were the greatest and they fit both categories.

What was your best seed grown flower this year??

Beth b

Comments (27)

• mellen
    17 years ago

Beth, your seeds will be going out in tomorrow's mail. Mellen

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Darlene, Your seeds were mailed out yesterday.

Hope you all had a nice Labor Day Weekend.
    sharon

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Seeds arrived from Mellen yesterday. two different colors of Cleome. I have not raised that in many years BUT I was planning to get some for next year. Somebody must have been reading my mind. I think it will be an exellent flower to work into the spaces in the daylily bed.
    Thanks a bunch Mellen.
    Angel, I had ordered seeds for you and they arrived yesterday too. I'll be mailing soon.
    Hugs to all, Beth

• mellen
    17 years ago

Yes, Beth, I read your thoughts. ;P Happy you like them. I have not grown cleome for many years so it was nice to have them again. They are so beautiful and dainty/wispy. Just adds a different texture.

Ann, I read elsewhere that your father-in-law had passed away. My sincere sympathies to your husband, you, and his family.

Mary Ellen/Mellen

• atravers
    17 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness. And your seeds will go out in tomorrow's mail if all goes as planned. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to include a little note. I always enjoy this part of the swap but am behind in all sorts of thank you notes at this time trying to keep up with those coming in for my father-in-law. But I'll make sure I send a note along next month. Hope you enjoy the seeds and thank you again for your sympathies.
    Ann

• mellen
    17 years ago

Ann, not to worry. Okay? Mary Ellen

• darlene87
    17 years ago

I got a lovely card from Sharon, toomanyanimals, and a note of course. She sent a pkg. of sunflower seeds and a pkg. of purple poppy seeds. Have grown both every yr. but not the variety that she sent me. Next yr. will be fun planting them. My rib is almost healed, now I go in Dec., for cataract surgery. The old body is slowly falling apart. But my spirits are good! I also mailed my pal's seeds last week, so hope she gets them.
    Darlene

• cassiet
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I haven't been on for a while. I finally had the surgery on my gallbladder!!! I feel like a new person. I'm doing better and have went back to work. Darlene I received your seeds, thank you very much. Carol I hope you like the seeds... my daughter packed the extras I had purchased you one from Park Seed and had her do the rest since I was laid up. What were you able to get with your gift certificate?

BTW I heard from mudplayingmom if anyone remembers her. LOTS of very tragic things happened with her children last year. She says she is coping.

Cassie

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Cassie--good to 'see'you posting--I hope you will give mud-
    playingmom our love--so sorry to hear she is having a hard time--but glad to hear you are doing well!! Guess I had better get busy and mail my seeds out!
    Jeanette

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jeanette, your seeds are on the way. Watch for the mailman.

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Ann...
    Your seeds went out in today's mail.
    They are for August and September.
    I've had to double up again this time.
    I apologize.
    Please accept my sympathies sent to you and your family
    for your recent loss.

Your gardening friend.
    Bonnie

• mellen
    17 years ago

Ann, I received seeds from you in the mail. What a GREAT selection again! Mixed color monkey flower, beauty mix lavatera, and blue cardinal flower. Thank you so very much!!! Mary Ellen

• atravers
    17 years ago

Bonnie,
    What a wonderful packet you sent. Asclepias 'Soulmate' is most welcome. I had no luck with it this spring and have no more seed left so your selection is perfect. Also some fun ones that will be new for me: Maltese Cross, Quinoa, Blackberry Lily and Red Cypress. I love the double clitoria ternatea you sent. I had luck with it last year but the one seedling of 'White Lady' didn't bloom for me this year. I had a double blue last year and it was stunning. I'm so pleased to have more seed to try in the spring. I'm a coleus lover and one of the varieties of the rainbow mix (the green/white furled leaf) is a favorite of mine. And your cards are always wonderful. Thank you for your words of comfort. Your packet was a particularly bright spot to my day yesterday. Thank you for your generosity and kindness.
    Ann

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Ann,
    You are quite welcome. I'm so glad you will be able to use the seeds next year. I've had good luck with all of the seeds so they should do well for you too.
    I do hope things are a bit better for you this week, emotionally.
    Bonnie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

toomanyanimals, your seeds are going out Saturday.

I can't remember the last time I received from this robin. I hope my new partner is doing ok???

Blessings in this new season,
    Tina

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Tina
    Can't wait!
    It always gives me just a little thrill to receive a seed package.
    (The selfish part of me showing here.)
    Never knowing what I'm going to get,
    then maybe having to look it up on the web,
    Ohhh and Aweing at the pictures,
    finding out how to grow the seed,
    thinking about where to place it in my garden.
    I do this with each seed packet!
    How obsessed am I?
    Sharon/tma

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Tina, Patty P was your new pal starting in August. I'll contact her and see what is happening there. Sorry I ddi not realise that you had not gotten seeds in August I would have sent her a note sooner. I don't remember seeing her posting anywhere.
    BB

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Kathy did you get your seeds? Cassie I thought I posted a aug thankyou, nice selection haven't spent my july gift certif yet waiting for a seed catalogue. if I did not thankyou I am sorry and will have dh kick me. hugs carol

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

I am bad-bad-bad- didn't get Bonnies seeds sent until last Friday (the 29th) I promise I will do better in Oct.
    Jeanette

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Jeanette..
    You are not bad. you are good, good, good .. and I am lucky, lucky,lucky... to have gotten such a great seed packet this month.
    Not only did you send me some wildflower seeds and some Siberian Scilla bulbs which I have never planted before, but you sent me chocolate !!!!!Yum.
    I don't know what it is about women, but we seem to know when we need something like that and you sure sent it to me at a good time. Mondays are to me the worst day of the week
    but today I got your packet in the mail and it made the day much brighter......thank you .
    Don't worry about being late....it happens to us all.
    Thank you again.
    Bonnie

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Bonnie--Thank you for being so gracious--I will do better this month--I just hate to be late!!!!! Glad you enjoyed your goodies--that chocolate is new around here and I love it!!Catch ya later
    Jeanette

• veeja11
    17 years ago

carol didn't get no seeds :(((((

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Was wondering if too many animals received the seeds I sent yet?

I received a great package from patty!
    She sent a nice note along with the following seeds:

passiflora manicata red!
    columbine woodside variegated!!
    Green Wizard Ruds!
    rose futurity canna
    columbine mix
    helioposis lorraine sunshine
    burgungy gaillardia

She really went thru my wants list and granted some awesome wishes!
    Thank you Patty!

Tina

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Should have known cassie wouldn't forget me. I received a box of 11 mixed tulips today bulbs Thankyou Cassie, I was needing more tulips, you are the best big hugs carol

• rudybacon
    17 years ago

Hi Carol,
    Received your package. It came late because the zip code is wrong. It's 79706.

Thanks for the great selection. I'm just sorry that it is almost Winter and I will have to wait to plant again. It seems the warm weather really zoomed by this year.

Pattygrow, I sent your seeds off on Monday (Oct.2) for September. My grandson's back isn't doing well. He is having all kinds of tests and Dr. appointments. I think they may have to operate again, this time through the front to try and get his discs stabilized.

Kathy

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Hi Tina,

No, haven't received them yet. But don't worry if it takes a while ... every once in a while someone at the post office decides they don't like me and I get my mail late.

Darlene, I mailed out your seeds several days ago. I hope you get your seeds soon.

Sharon

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Looks like September was a good month with people getting some great sounding seeds.
    Tina looks like you hit a jackpot! Nice work there Patty!
    Bonnie got chocolate and Carol got bulbs
    It is getting tough to find seeds now unless you are collecting your own.
    Hope this wraps up for September and we all are ready for October and the real fall season.
    Beth B

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!