scenting the very air
a gardener's dream

Feathers, drifting lazily
touching down gently
chirping voices above

Laughter, echoing merrily
joyous music in the distance
gardening...one of God's gifts

This Round Robin will be all about Flowers, Feathers and Fun! Come join us, meet new friends and catch up with your old ones...everyone is welcome! The heated pool is open, there's burgers on the grill and season's last pool party is open!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are the rules...(yes, even we need rules)

1. As per GW rules, you must be at least 18 to play.

2. Sign ups are until September 10th

3. Your package must be sent either first class or priority mail with a confirmation number posted here on the forum. *****MAIL DATE SEPTEMBER 25**********

4. You will be sending at least 3 different kinds of bulbs/seeds

5. You will be sending something that has to do with birds (birdhouses, chimes, garden stakes, birdnest, etc...however, we don't recommend sending live birds..."G")

6. You will be sending something that's fun, funny or brings a chuckle to your RR partner (use your imagination, from being in this group, I KNOW you all have good ones!)

7. Keep it inexpensive (we're not looking to do in anyone's piggy bank here)

8. HAVE FUN!! After all, that's what's it's all about, right?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: continuing: MNF: Flowers, Feathers and Fun! Part 2

update on Round Robin
debya-deb
nikkineel-nikki
suze62-suzi
sassybutterfly-wendy
dan the mailman-dan
veeja11-carol
vic zn5-vic
ladygreensleeves
lindaruzicka-linda
ejmoore510-Joan
shadymeadow-sandy
ishareflowers-lisa
misskimmie-Kim
wynative-Marie
cayonwind-Annie
prairiewinds

and maybe jaleeisa-kathy
maybe proundgm

Have I gotten everyone so far?

o
the question is....

now the the end of gardening season is drawing to a close..at least outside...how are some of the ways you gather and dry seeds?

o
have i ever got some great news!!!

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

HEY HEY HEY, LET'S PARTY!!! BARTENDER, BRING US A ROUND OF CHAMPAGNE FOR ALL MY FRIENDS!!!
HAVE I EVER GOT GOOD NEWS!!! MY DOCTOR CALLED ME EARLIER THIS AFTERNOON TO TELL ME THE LAB MIXED UP MY RESULTS WITH THOSE OF SOMEONE ELSE YESTERDAY!!! MY CANCER ISN'T BACK, I'M STILL CANCER-FREE!!!
I feel bad for whoever is getting the bad news today, and I wish them the best of luck, but I've got to admit, I'm feeling pretty damn happy for myself!!! I've still got to deal with the original reason for all of these tests being done, being diabetic, but that's something I've been dealing with for almost a year now. The thing I'm focusing on right now is that I'm cancer-free still, I've got my lady by my side, a family that loves me, a great bunch of gardening friends who love me, and I've got a great future ahead of me! So, let's get this party started, what do you say?

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o

DAN THAT'S

I'm so glad to hear that!!
But, I am questioning the lab that did it!!
What a horrible mistake to make!!

o

Yay! Great news, Dan! So glad to hear it!

o

*doin' a happy dance! Congrats Dan :)

o

Dan & Paula,

GreatNews

Marie

o

Wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo!!!
What wonderful new!!! Let's start the celebration now!
Drinks are on me! wink-wink

Joan

o

Dan,

Wow, what a mistake the lab made!

I'm so glad that your ok! Crack open that champagne bottle! I want some! ;) ~A toast to Dan~ health and happiness!

Hugs,
Deb

o

"throwing confetti and releasing balloons" ALLLRIIGHTTT!!!! What great news!! "passing around brownies, strawberries and champagne"....

o

Fantastic news for you, Dan!!!!!I'm so happy for you! And I'm really glad that all of us, but especially Paula, were able to be there to support you though this. Diabetes isn't anything to brush off, but thankfully not as difficult as cancer. If it won't offend you, I'll continue to keep you in my prayers and meditations for health and strength.

I had a cookbook that I got after my Dad was diagnosed with diabetes, I'll try to find it, if it made the move, if you'd like a few recipes. And I think I had one that I'd saved to the computer as well. I'll have time to look for that on Tuesday when I'm off work if you like. There were some wonderful dishes between those two cookbooks. Just let me know :)

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Wheeee! Dan that is fantastic! I am so happy for you. Couldn't have asked for a better outcome! Yippee! Yahoo!

o

Congrats Dan, prayers work. could I get some for my lil dog Tiyli, she is in the hospital with possible antifreeze poisioning, getting iv liquids and resting her kidneys. she is like one of my children, so prayers appreciated. thankyou
hugs carol

o

aww Carol, of course I'll saw a prayer for Tiyli. My menagerie are like my children too. Keep us posted on how she's doing. What kind of dog is she?

o
RE: gladeolia seeds

Has anyone else ever pulled seeds from their glads? I never even knew glads HAD seeds until I pulled some off where the flowers had been. I thought glads only mulitiplied by bulbs....duh.....AND

I picked up FIVE shopping bags of iris through freecycle and some of those had seed pods on them too...I'm just becoming a seed collecting obsessed person!..."L"

o

Hi Carol,
Mickey (our rescue boston) was rushed to the vet when I noticed he took a bite out of a bottle of antifreeze (and the antifreeze was pouring out of the bite holes while he was standing in a puddle of it!) I immediately washed off his paws, rushed him to the vet and the vet did blood work. The blood test showed immediately that he didn't have any trace of it in his system. It cost $300 for 20 minute visit! Mickey's never went after a bottle of something sealed before. I had the garage door open so I could get my gardening supply bucket out, and Mickey was enjoying our back yard. He slipped in the garage while I wasn't looking! I never imagined something like that could happen. What dog bites a sealed plastic bottle? I'm glad that Mel and Toby were in the house. Or they would of been standing in the puddle too (and it would of cost $900 instead of $300.) I watch Mickey much more carefully now. I was only a few feet away to begin with, but wasn't close enough. ;)
I hope that your vet did bloodwork, that would of showed the antifreeze in the dog's system right away. I'm sure that Tiyli will be ok. If Mickey's bloodwork would of tested positive for antifreeze, they would of gave him a substance to make him vomit.

Keep us posted on Tiyli!

Deb

o

Dan, that must have been quite a scare. I'm glad that everything worked out for you. Did you get the seeds that I sent you?

Linda, I'm anxiously awaiting the partners list!!!!

o

"stirring around names in the hat"..welll...Lisa, the 10th is coming..."G"

o

Lisa, yes, the seeds arrived. Thank you!

And Linda? Y'know, since you're already stirring those names, you could begin to draw them out of the hat, y'know! After all, what good is being the host if you can't bend the rules or change the dates??? HMPFH!!!

here's a little bribe for you...enjoy!
Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o

Linda,

Have a drink..loosen up and PICK NAMES!!!!

o

Oh Dan, can't you do better than that!!

Here ya go Linda, drink up honey!

Now can we get the names????

o

oh Dan, listen to you! WE practically had to hog tie you to get names the evening before..."putting Bailey's on ice and smacking lips"....and what if someone else wants to play but is lurking?.."shading eyes looking for lurkers" AND is Kathy (jalessia) and proudgm going to play?..hmmmmm????

I'll tell you what, if no one else joins up or is planning to..I'll post on Sunday night after I've come back from visitng my family. I'm leaving tomorrow morning and I'll be back Sunday afternoon....so everyone beat those bushes, check the cabana and look in the pool for any stragglers...."G"

o

Hmmm... I REALLY wanna play.... Linda, if you can give me til later on Sunday evening to go over finances and check around at work and see what we still have that might suit the theme, I can let you know sometime Sunday evening after I get home from work. I just need to make sure all the things I've been letting slide (new shoes and jeans for the boys, clarinet repairs, etc) have been taken care of before I commit. And to go over all of that, I need a few quiet hours. I work Saturday and Sunday, but I should be able to figure it out tomorrow and Sunday and let you know after I get home Sunday evening ( I get off at 6, but Cliff has the PC until about 9 for his classwork for college.)

Soooo... if everyone can be patient with me until then.. hopefully I can play :)

Kathy

o

Kathy, ok, we will wait for you! LOL! I know what ya mean about the finances! And just fyi - Big Lots now has all their feeders 75% off! If you have one by you and they have anything left!

Linda, now that you mention it, your right! Dan wouldn't give that list up would he!! I think maybe you should email us all our partners when you draw them and make Danny Boy wait till the 10th! LOL *evil grin*

o

Make Dan wait !!! Thankyou for the prayers. They worked Tiyli is a jack russell, her kidneys tested good today, so she got to come home. the prayers and iv fluids worked. she dosen't go out to the potty without me attached to her. only 900.00 for this scare. but I sold one of her pups today for 500.00 so she almost paid for her own dr bills. 7 pups left but because of the economy I went down to 400.00 but should have enough left to put a gate on the front of my house which will completely close in our lot so she can't get out. can't wait to see who I get. I have a woodpecker in my telephone pole that is driving me nuts, I'm hoping to send him to Dan. hugs carol

o

Kathy, we will definately wait!

Vic..you're a girl after my own heart..."G"

Carol,,maybe Dan can use the woodpecker as an alarm clock..."pondering"

o

Hmmm... well, I'm giving myself until I can talk with Cliff tonight after we both get home, but so far it's looking pretty positive :) I just want to go over a couple things with him before I commit. Our finances discussion on payday kept being interrupted every few minutes by the phone... oddly, because it's usually for Tiffy (my 15 yr old daughter) rather than for us. But that evening family members kept calling. No real reason, I guess everyone was just thinking about us at the same time! It was a little spooky to both of us! Anyway, I just want to touch base with him and make sure we've got all those little things cleared away before I commit.

It's amazing how many things you'll put on hold when you're not working. I think the kids thought it was Christmas! Actually most of it was finishing up needed school clothes and things they needed for that. When my ex-husband wouldn't help with any of the school stuff again, we had to prioritize. So, we finished up their school needs and then went on to the other little things, like tuning up the lawnmower, new string for the weedeater (my fences with no mulched beds were thankful!),and such a multitude of other small things that I was shocked when I started making the list three weeks ago when I got this job! Of course everyone added to the list.

And the new job, by the way, is going WONDERFULLY!!!!!!! Yes, it's a job at Wal~Mart, but they couldn't have placed me better! I'm in the Garden Center and trained as a cashier, my primary duty, unless someone is on break, is to take care of the plants! It's like having a HUGE garden and being able to arrange the plants, water and trim and care for them, discuss them with customers,discuss the merits of various mulches and additives, share all the organic tips and ways most of us garden, in short, do all the things I would at home, on a smaller scale, and get PAID for it! The older lady who also primarily cares for the plants really doesn't know much about then aside from that the hibiscus bushes need a lot of water. Even she directs customers with questions to me, as does the dept manager. And in a few weeks, as the plants dwindle away, we'll start setting for Christmas and that's my favorite holiday, so I'll get to decorate several trees, see all the new ornaments,etc.

I know there's a lot of bad that's said of Wal~Mart, especially abut the Garden Center part because of lack of care of the plants. But hopefully I'm making a difference in this one. And the pay and benefits aren't too shabby. More than what I would have gotten with a nursery. And this is year round as opposed to seasonal. LOL, Cliff's just glad I've already got most of the plants we carry, because I actually DID come home with a paycheck!

Kathy

o

Kathy, it sounds like you're really enjoying your job, which is fantastic! It always helps when you like what you do, doesn't it? I don't know that I could work in a garden center though, my paycheck would be spent on the plants and wouldn't make it home!
And yes, we'll wait for you to see if you can play this month! I always get anxious just before the names are announced for a new swap, sort of like having to wait those last few days before Christmas, know what I mean? And don't any of you ladies do anything but agree! LOL!!! We're ALL guilty of wanting to know our trade partners early, hounding the current host until they give it up!
Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

And Carol? You can keep the woodpecker. I've got a cat who likes to wake me up every morning, and that's enough for me! LOL! This is pretty much what I wake up to each morning.....
Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

And Linda, would this be a good enough bribe?
Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o

Dan,

Enjoying a tall and spicy Bloody Mary in celebration of your good news! CHEERS.....Be well!

Annie

o

Danny BOY??? Vic, there's a MAN sitting here at this desk, no "boys" around here! Gawd, I hate that song too! I grew up listening to Danny Boy, and there just ain't no pipes a'calling here, not from glen to glen, nor down the blasted mountainside.

On a better note though, we are getting some housecleaning done, and making room for Paula's stuff. Hopefully, we'll just need to unload the moving truck and put her stuff away where it belongs.
We keep laughing this weekend at Bump because, what with all the moving of furniture and such, he's not sure what's going on or where anything belongs. But, he's still got that "supercat" attitude, and nothing will get the better of him! Here's a picture of what I think he sees when he looks into a mirror...
Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Gotta go clean some more, the Master beckons! hehehe (she'll kill me for that, but it'll be worth it!)

-Dan

o

okay, I'm back from visiting my sisters. We went to a bookstore that you can buy any paperback for $3 each or 3 for $8. Yes, I have a bag stuffed full! You can also buy lunch there and we just ate, laughed and had a great time. I spent the night at my mother's (she's out of town) so it was peaceful just to be by myself. Sooo..I'm home again and just sitting here stirring names around in a baseball cap.."humming"

o

hmmm, for some reason, I get the image of a witch stirring her pot and adding eye of newt... rofl
Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

And let me just say right now, this is NOT a picture of Linda!

o

Count us in again! What fun last month's was! Glad to hear of your GREAT NEWS!! Enjoy the eve! Jay & Rhonda

o

yeah, the hair's too long..."G"

o

Well, I was hoping to join this month, and actually, everything looked good for it until the brakes went out in Cliff's brand new van that we bought in January. It had all of 11 miles on it when we signed the papers and drove it off the dealership lot. This is the 4th time since January that the brakes have gone out. As Dan can attest, yes, mail carriers are rough on brakes, but for crying out loud, we can buy brakes from Auto Zone and they'll last a year. Two months ago we had to have them changed again, was covered under the warranty, again, and had the calipers replaced that were suppose to have been (paperwork even stated that they were), but were not (because the second dealership we took it to said they couldn't have been because the ones on it were the factory originals), replaced two months previous to that.

So, the van is 30 miles away, back at the dealership we bought it from, they told Cliff that the car rental place they use closed at 12 (Cliff got there at 2) and that they didn't do any loaners off the lot. So, Cliff had to call his brother away from his football party that he was hosting this week to drive 30 miles one way to pick him up. Then I had to beg a ride from a co-worker to get home since my son needed his car, which I normally drive. So, we're not sure what the problem's gonna be this time, or what they are going to do, or how much it's going to cost us. AND, we're without a car until all this is sorted out and fixed somehow. We're very frustrated. I've heard of brand new vehicles having "bugs" but this is really sad.

So, unfortunately, I'm going to sit out again this month. Not knowing what's going to go on with Cliff's van, which is not only transportation, but required for his job, I need to keep a tight hand on money until we know something.

I'm sorry for holding everyone up. I know you are all anxious to get your partners. Just when I think things are to where I can have some fun... feeling a little sorry for myself right now, because I really wanted to join in and had some really cool things I was planning to pick up.

Anyway, again, I'm sorry I held up everyone getting their partners.

Kathy

o

just peekin' in... :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

GOT PARTNERS?

hehehe

o

geez Kathy...when it rains it pours! I'm so sorry about your van..((HUG))) I hope you continue to pop in and chat and keep us updated?

o
last chance for sign-ups!

I"ll post later today if no one else signs up..."having hard time posting with Dan twisting my arm behind my back" and welcome Jay and Rhonda!

This is who I have so far...if I miss someone let me know!

debya-deb
nikkineel-nikki
suze62-suzi
sassybutterfly-wendy
dan the mailman-dan
veeja11-carol
vic zn5-vic
ladygreensleeves
lindaruzicka-linda
ejmoore510-Joan
shadymeadow-sandy
ishareflowers-lisa
misskimmie-Kim
wynative-Marie
cayonwind-Annie
prairiewinds
paradise acres-Jay and Rhonda
proudgm

o

o

I second that turtle! lol :P

~Sassy

o

Hey Linda, did Proudgm ever say if they were going to swap for sure this month? I can't seem to remember.

Tracy

o

"spitting tea all over the computer"..now see what you did??? Now I have to take time to clean off the computer..."getting out bucket, looking under sink for cleaner, getting rubber gloves, finding sponge mop"..oh wait..that's for my FLOOR!....

o

Kathy,
Wow, you guys have had nothing but bad luck with that van! You should check into the "lemon law" I know there is one, but I'm not sure how it works.
Don't worry, you didn't hold us up! We just like teasing the turtle, er I mean Linda.
I hope things start working out for the better and maybe you can play next month.

Vic

o

Calling LINDAAAAAAAAAAAAA...... "in a very deep and scary voice". come on girl, pick those names!

Vic or Dan, we need a pic of a sloth!!!

Tracy, how's that phlox doing? I hope it blooms this year for you.

o

o

ROFLMBO!!!

o

alright the snail works too! lol Thanks Bunny!

o

Maybe this will help

Lisa, looks like she's pretty busy right now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqio2G_Ra6g

o

Awww....How disgustingly cute!! LOL

o
Too funny

Ok, I just had to post this! I got it from medo and emailed to some, but I don't have everyone in my addy book.

Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. A guy who purchased
his lovely wife a pocket Taser for their anniversary submitted this:

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked
my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for
a little something extra for my wife Julie. What I came across was a
100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were
supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your
assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety and every
woman needs something to protect herself with, right??

WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it
home.
I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button.
Nothing!

I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND
pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue
arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. AWESOME!!!
Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on
the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it
couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right?< BR>
There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting
little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I
really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I
must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second)
and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going
to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did
want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, the re I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading
glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one
hand, and taser in another. The directions said that a one-second burst
would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was
supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a
three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the
ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds
would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5' long,
less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and (loaded with
two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, 'no possible
way!'

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best...?

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one
side as if to say, 'don't do it dummy,' reasoning that a one second
burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I
decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it. I touched
the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and . .

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD . . .
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . . . WHAT THE HECK!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me
up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and
over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal
position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire,
testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in
the oddest position, and tingling in my legs?

The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to
a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to
avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a taser, one
note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you
zap yourself! You will not let g o of that thing until it is dislodged
from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor.. A three
second burst would be considered conservative?

IT HURT LIKE HELL!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at
that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and
surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of
the fireplace.
The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it
originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still
twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my
bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling.
Apparently I pooped on myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my
sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which I
believe came from my hair. I'm still looking for my testicles and I'm
offering a significant reward for their safe return!!

P. S. My wife loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it!

'If you think education is difficult, try being stupid.'

o

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(wiping tears off face) Now that's funny!

Joan

o

Can't stop laughing... Wonder if he ever found his gonads?

Lisa, (waving like a maniac) yes the phlox are all doing great. I have some buds bot not blooms yet. Soon I think, can't wait! The ice plant is looking perky in it's spot at the front of the rock garden. I still haven't gotten the sedums yet from Pam to send on to you. How late can you plant in your area? I'm afraid that they won't be here in time!

o

Vic, that's too funny! something my 17 y/o would do if left unattended.

Tracy, glad to hear the plants are happy at your place. I have new pics and a new bed prepared. I have some sedums that I bought and some that pixie sent me(thank you, pixie!). I think I could plant until the end of the month, I'm not really sure. I would have to ask a more experienced zone 5er. I'm not worried about getting them. I sent the plants to you because I wanted to, not for a trade!!!

Linda, come on sister, pick the darn names!!!!!!

I've got a bunch of stuff here itching to go to someone. I might decide to keep them for myself if they hang around for too much longer lol.

o

o

Lisa, I know. I just am antsy to get them to you. This has been taking forever for her to get them out. I saw the list today and I am the next one out from this grouping that she is sending out. I here that they are really easy to root. Hopefully they get here soon. I really wanted to send them earlier.

I want to see the new pictures! And the new bed! I can't wait!

I think Linda is hiding from you guys...

o

Geeezzz....you guys are getting rowdy! Okay, I had my husband pick the names (he says," what is this, a raffle????)..so I'll be posting very shortly.

I do want to explain how this works in case some of our RR people aren't sure. When you find your name, you will send to the person under you and the person in front of you sends to you. You can email your person and get to know them a bit to find their likes and dislikes...or just wing it!! It's up to you...but you must follow the rules posted at the beginning of the swap..any questions, feel free to email me....and no, that doesn't include the question "When are you posting???".."G"

o
the list is posted!!!!

okay, here it is:

proudgm/becky sends to
canyonwind/annie sends to
nikkineel/nikki sends to
veejall/carol sends to
dan the mailman/dan sends to
debya/deb sends to
ejmoore510/joan sends to
ishareflowers/lisa sends to
paradise acres/jay & rhonda sends to
lindaruzicka/linda sends to
wynative/marie sends to
prairiewinds sends to
sassybutterfly/wendy sends to
misskimmie/kim sends to
shadymeadows/sandy sends to
ladygreensleeves sends to
vic zn5/vic sends to
suze62/suzi sends to proudgm/becky

okay I think I did that right.."wiping sweat off brow"...

o

uhh... huh? am I just a doofus? Why can't I fig this list out...lol

~Wendy

o
Duh!!

nevermind! lol I get it now...

o

LOL Wendy you send to misskimmie
prairiewind sends to you

Yippee I got Suze! Boy are you in for it!
(UMMM, I mean in for a treat!!)LOL

o

Wendy, Prairiewinds sends to you,and you send to misskimmie, who's name is Kim. Just looks a little confusing because of the slashes with the person's real name following their GW ID. And because it drops from one person to the next :)

And I will certainly keep everyone updated on the van saga. I'm going down there with Cliff tomorrow, so if you don't hear from me for a few days, don't fret too much, I'm just in jail and sooner or later someone will love me enough to get me out :P Seriously, I plan to rise some major hell. My husband's safety has been at serious risk for the last eight months, and from what they've said today, no one can still figure out what the issue is. AND they can get us a rental car, but it would be a smaller car, nothing comparable that Cliff could run his mail route in. Well, we'll see about that tomorrow. Cliff called the office this afternoon to keep them updated and ask if he could use a mailtruck tomorrow, but apparently he can't and will have to take unpaid leave until we have a vehicle. We'd used all his vacation days for our at home honeymoon. His Postmaster said that he has to have his own vehicle to work. This is getting serious. I mean, I understand his PM's view about every two months our car being out of commission for a week or more. So, tomorrow when we go down there, I intend to get paperwork proving that it's been in the shop for the same thing each time before I start threatening people with newspapers, tv stations and attorneys. That way, hopefully, Cliff won't lose his job as well as us being without a car. They are going to have to come to some sort of offer for us tomorrow, hopefully something that will allow Cliff to be able to work. If not, then they will get the Kathy tantrum special complete with reporters and lawyers. I've had enough. This is seriously threatening our livelyhood and our children's wellbeing. We can't afford to rent a larger vehicle than they will loan us because then, aside from the deposits, etc, Cliff would end up perhaps making $20/day until we could send it back after rental fees and the gas it would take for his route, plus it would eat into that $20/day with the excessive mileage.

Soooo, right now we're in a mess and I'm going to find some way to get us back on track quickly. And if I have to throw a fit and call every reporter in Oklahoma City, along with a few lawyers, then that's what I'll do. I mean this car was brand new when we bought it in January. It had all of 11, yes, that's ELEVEN miles on it when we drove it off the lot! And this is the FOURTH time in eight months it's been in the shop because the brakes went out with no warning- no ABS light, no brake warning lights, no noise from the brakes. Just one minute you can stop it and the next you're metal to metal and trying like hell to stop a Dodge Grand Caravan loaded from floor to roof and front seats to hatch with mail and parcels!

Alright, I'm through ranting for the moment, and will save the rest for the dealership tomorrow.

Everyone have fun putting together your packages! I think that's the best part....till I get mine in the mail!

That taser story had both Cliff and I in tears! Thank you! We very much needed that laugh!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Kathy

o

Vic! That slug-stomping shoe is freaking hilarious!!! Where did you get it???

And has everyone noticed? Linda posted partners!!! And it only took a couple cases of booze to get her to do it!!!
hehehe

Paula called a little while ago to let me know she made it home okay. I miss her already!!!

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o

Dan, try photobucket LOL
Ya, I'm glad she posted, that Baileys is expensive!

Kathy, you go girl! raise holly he!! with them!
I'm putting a link on here for info on the Oklahoma lemon law. You can even file a complaint online with the BBB. I didn't read it all but it said...
"REASONABLE NUMBER OF REPAIR ATTEMPTS
The Oklahoma lemon law establishes a presumption that a reasonable number of repair
attempts has been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express
warranties if, within the express warranty term or during the period of one year
following the date of the motor vehicles original delivery to a consumer, whichever is
earlier, either of the following occurs:
1. The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the
manufacturer, its agents or authorized dealers, but the nonconformity continues to
exist; or
2. The motor vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 45 or
more calendar days."

I'm glad the taser thing made you laugh, I'm sure you did need it!

Here is a link that might be useful: BBB lemon law

o

Jay and Rhonda, I have checked your want list and sent you two an email. Please send me your addy, I;m ready to send your box.

Tracy, I'll post a few pics on a thread I start myself when I get a home from work today.

Linda, Thank you for picking names early.

Photobucket

This is where my dog used to sleep in the sun, we lost him last December. I have jobs tears,chasing rainbows iris, ocean ensata iris "he was a lab and supposed to love the water), stairway to heaven iris and stairway to heaven jacobs ladder. The variagated hydrangea is a blue lacecap. I'll post more later on another thread so I don't bog this one down.

Have a great day everyone
Lisa

o

Good Morning!

Lisa what an awesome memory garden! We share your love for labs! Ours is 3 now and LOVES to help in the gardens and go for rides in the old D-50 - he considers it his :) We responded to your email, please let us know if it didn't come through!

Linda, we've sent you an email but need to go play in the dirt (can't wait!) and shop a bit before sending!

Enjoy the day! Jay & Rhonda

PS any technically inclined out there?? how in the world do you post photos on here????

o

OMG! VIC! You just handed us what we needed!! Now we will definitely go down there well informed and prepared! And if they refuse to be civil and co-operate, then we will be leaving there and going directly to a lawyer!! Maybe now we can finally get this resolved and Cliff will be able to work- safely!

BIG HUGS!
Kathy

o

Good job Vic! I hope that helps, Kathy!

I'm sorry the list is a little confusing,,,it was past my bedtime when I put it up and I was afraid to let it go till morning..."shaking in my chair"....my daughter laughed at the popeyed snail..wasn't sympathatic at all! Shhesshhh...my own kid! I thought posting real names after the GW names would make it easier..must have been the Bailey's...LOL

Jay and Rhonda, I sent you an email.

If anyone can't get in contact with their partners, please let me know.

o

GO KATHY!! Kick some major car dealer BOOTIE!!!

Here, Dan agreed to be your cheerleader! Gimme a G! O! K! A! T!
GOOOOOO KAT!!!!!

Seriously, though....good luck putting those guys in their place! That they would do that is unbelievable. For all they know, your KIDS ride in that van every day!
Even if you get them to replace the vehicle, be sure to report them afterwards...and go to Consumer Reports or somewhere to report the problem you had with the van. Maybe there is something wrong with that year model, that they SHOULD do a recall....but have been too cheap to do so yet. Raise all kinds of cain, because someone may have the same problem as you, but not enough knowledge or guts to do anything about it....and they just might have kids riding in theirs, too. Scary to think about!

o

Good Morning,

Nikkineel (Nikki)....sent you an email!!!!

Annie

o

Kathy, I don't think you need to pay a lawyer to file a complaint, there is a spot on that web site for filing one. You might have to wait until after the 4th "fix" to file one depending on how many days they have had yours in the shop the other times.
If you can't figure out how to file online email me and I'll see if I can help ya out!
I have very little respect for dealerships, I took my blazer in for a tire rotate, oil change, and ck the brakes, they called and gave me some unbelievable price for brakes so I told them never mind. Jamie went and picked it up, pd for the stuff and THEN called to tell me it was over $160.00!! for a tire rotate and oil change!?! I told him he should not have pd it! I called my credit card co and put a hold on the pmt. then called and raised hell with the manager, the next day they came out and picked the blazer up at my work (about 40 miles from them) left me a loner and took it in and put the brakes on it. That is the one good thing with using a credit card, they will back you up and I think that helped me. But I NEVER went back there again!

Wow Dan, I didn't know you were so cute in a cheerleader outfit! ROFL!

Linda, did Proudgm say she was joining for sure? I haven't seen her post since the first one, unless I missed it.

You guys have to check out the new daycare by us! I hope I can find a job quick just so I can get Zack in there before they fill up! They don't have a website but there was a story on the news (link below) I am going to go there today, they are having tours everyday this week. I stopped in and got a price list yesterday, they are CHEAPER then what I pd in MI (only $5.00/wk, but that's still cheaper!)

whew! I think I'm getting carpel tunnel from "talking" so much! LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: daycare

o

Vic, I emailed her and asked her and she said she would love to participate. It was yesterday that I sent and she replied. Thanks for reminding me though. Being that this is my first big RR, I need other eyes looking around..."G"

o

Linda, I should've known you were on top of things!

Lisa, your memorial garden for your dog is just wonderful!

o

Ladygreensleeves & Misskimmie -

I sent you an email.

Sandy

o

Lisa

I sent you an email.

Joan

o

Hey everyone sorry I've been away so long. Mil is in the hospital still, had surgery yesterday to repair the damage to her back from the fall she took at my bil's. I'm not to happy with him and the care he is providing for her. Wish we had the room for her here.
Dan I'm so glad the lab messed up your result's and everything is going wonderful for you and Paula's future, just don't throw out that back moving things about!
Jeleesa....man girl when it rains it pors don't it! The lemon law is your best bet use it to your advantage. It was created to prevent whats happening to you now. So gather up all your paperwork and receipts showing all monies out on that vehicle and go stomp some major bootie girl!!! There's no excuse for what you guys have been thru! Oh and I havent forgotten about our other little deal either, Alamanda's are hard to propagate,think I now have a sure fired way to do so, will be contacting you soon.
Ok do I have vic(will send u a e-mail) as a partner....lol...been inhaling to much pure oxygen at the hospital and not enough time spent in the garden or at the pool party's.....rotflmao.
Hope everyone else is doing ok and with all the storms that have been moving thru....hope everyone just got much needed rain.

o

Yippee,
Vic I love treats :)

Lisa, What a beautiful memory garden.

Proudgm/Becky e-mailing you!

o

What can I say Vic? When you look as good as I do, flaunt it! LOL!!!

Deb, I'm going to try to send you an e-mail, but my internet connection is acting up, so let me know if it gets through, will you?

You all take care!

GO KATHY GO! GO! GO! GO!

o

Suzi, I emailed ya, lmk if you don't get it.

o

Vic,
Got that e-mail.

o

Jay and Rhonda,

I've got your box all packed up and ready to go in the morning. I ended up with the largest flat rate box AND had to keep something for myself, oh darn it! lol

I'll post the dc# when I get it in the am. I hope you enjoy everything!

Thank you everyone for the kudos on the memorial garden.

Hvae a good night
Lisa

o

Wow, you guys are a lively group! :0) It will be fun to send my package off soon. Sounds like I have a wide variety of choices to send just by looking at sassy's page!

o

Lisa, you are so amazing. I love the memorial garden and especially that you laid it out in his sunning spot. It looks perfect in the middle of the pavers like that. I've never seen a variegated hydrangea before. It is gorgeous. Come over here and help me out now.

Dan, you look cute in your cheerleader get up! :o)

Linda, I'll get you the spreadsheet tomorrow after I add the partners onto it. Awesome job sister!

Tracy

o

Thanks for all the support, everyone :)

Well, we went up there yesterday morning and the head of the service dept told us that they (he, the factory techs at Diamler-Crysler and someone else whom I can't remember) have determined it's the master cylinder, exactly what we've told them EACH time. See, the brakes will start dragging while you're driving (not on the brake) once you get the metal to metal sound. You get that "suuursuur" sound. That indicates that the master cylinder isn't completely releasing. So, we left, peaceably, with the promise that the new master cylinder would be in this morning, parts are checked in by 9 am, and should have the car back late this afternoon.

So, we get home, Cliff calls his office and keeps them up to date and lets them know that we've gotten print outs from each of the times the van has been down showing the reason being the brakes each time.

Well, about 4:30, I get a call from David Stanley Dodge. It's one of the service dept people (not the head guy, Brian) telling me that our van is ready. I'm like "Ready? Really?" He says yes, that they'd replaced the calipers, and the brakes and realigned the brakes and it's now ready for pick up. I asked about the master cylinder and said that we were told that it would not be in until this morning. He's like "Master cylinder?" I told him about the conversation with Brian that morning. I suggested that he talk with Brian before we come and pick it up, that as much as we would love to have our van back, I don't want to have the same problem again in 2 months. So, we expecting to hear from Brian around 10 this morning to explain what's going on.

This is their LAST chance to fix this. We have to allow them four chances according to the Lemon Laws here. If the brakes go out again, we're going to request that they (preferably) buy back this van so we can get another vehicle somewhere or replace the van. We'd prefer the first option because we'd rather purchase somewhere were they don't treat us like morons.

So, that's where we're at right now. More in the saga later, I'm sure.

Kathy

o

Jay and Rhonda,

Your conf# is 03070020000467459315

o

Kathy, sounds like they are finally going to fix it right, if they could just get everyone on the same page over there!
GOOD LUCK!!

Prarie, I hope you join us in some more swaps! We have a thread going with a list of upcoming swaps.

You guys won't believe this THING I found IN my bathtub!
Go to the link, I've been told it's a wind scorpion aka sun spider, aka many other names! I just call it NASTY!

Here is a link that might be useful: what the hell is this?

o

I've seen pics of something similiar called Camel Spiders from some soldiers that I had been writing to. "shuddering" I think you would've heard me out-screaming the fire siren!

o

Well, Vic, you would think so about them getting it fixed right, wouldn't you? So, here's the latest...

So, I was waiting for them to call, and they finally did about 9 am. The head of the service dept, Brian, said that the factory engineers changed their mind about replacing the master cylinder. So, they replaced the calipers and brake pads, turned the rotors and realigned the brakes. And told Cliff to drive it with the EPS brake system turned off (something he will have to remember to do EACH time he starts the van because it comes on automatically).

So, we get there to pick it up and Brian goes over all of this with us again. He answers the questions we have on the EPS braking system, telling us that yes, in the normal course of things, you leave it on because it helps with control in the event of a skid. But apparently, they feel that it may be kicking in all the time rather than being triggered by the ABS sensors detecting skid conditions. (All of this still spells defective to us)

We end this conversation with Brian saying "To be honest, I don't feel like the problem's fixed, but this is what the techs at the factory said to do to help diagnose the problem. We want you to bring it in in about 1000, 1500 miles on your day off and we'll pull the tires and take a look at the brakes for excessive wear. If we find it, and I'm sure we will, we'll arrange for you to bring it in and hopefully we'll have time to find you a van as a loaner because it will be down for at least a week because the engineers from Daimler/Chrysler will be flying in to inspect it."

So, they put us back out in a vehicle they know is still not fixed. According to the Lemon Law, we have to give them this fourth chance to fix it. When the brakes go out again, we're going to claim our rights under the law and demand that they either buy the van back and let us purchase elsewhere (preferred), or replace the van. It is been in four times now and released so when it happens again, Cliff and I feel that they can inspect it all they want because it will be theirs again, even if we have to hire a lawyer to accomplish it. This has been a huge headache and inconvenience. It's putting Cliff's job and our livelihood on the line. It's putting his safety in jeopardy each and every day, along with that of any vehicle or pedestrian he passes (and keep in mind, he has four schools on his route). It puts our children's safety on the line each time we have to take them somewhere in it. And you want to know the punch line?

We bought this brand new van for him to use for work, being very forthright that it was for his work and what he does, down to him driving it from the passenger side like he has to for work with the salesman in the car to make sure it was comfortable and he could drive it safely (the salesman even pointed out that the gas and brakes were adjustable and could be raised to his comfort level). We did this because the vehicle he had was older and was needing a lot of repairs and just was not safe enough for him to do this job. So, we think we're paying $700/month, but it's not going to need so many repairs, it will be safer and more comfortable for him. And now this one has already been down more than the old one was in a year and a half. And it's still not fixed and safe.

I see extra bottles of dye to cover the gray I know is coming because I'm going to be scared every time he goes to work now.

Kathy

o

Yes Linda, that is one of the names for it also...What I don't understand is why it is HERE, everything I've read on it says they are in the desert and more southern regions of the US, but all the pics look just like it. And of course, I was home alone with Zack when I found the thing! So I had to keep my cool and not get him all worked up, I didn't even let him see the thing!
Then I had a beer (well ok, maybe 2)

o

"handing over my bottle of Bailey's"..drink up Vic!

Geez Kathy, those people sure are giving you the round around!

o

LOL Vic your story reminds me of the day when I decided to try yahoo auction...... bid on and won a playpen for the grandson....Wow was I excited to get that package at work! Fellow nurses wouldn't leave me alone until I opened it... so, in my office there stood 5 nurses and myself watching as I disassembled the package..... all at once a (I know) 200 legged creature jumped out of the box, ran across my desk and disappeared into the floorboard.... Have you ever seen 6 nurses on a desk? LOL.. That 'water bug' haunted the halls of the nursing home for a few weeks -- each time in the middle of the night as a C.N.A. was walking to answer a call light... LOL South Dakota may have bugs but NOTHING that creepy!!! I emailed the guy that sold the playpen (from Florida) and he replied, nothing to worry about..his kids play with them in the sand all the time.....UGH!!!!!!!!

We're on the 'lookout' for the package Linda!

Enjoy the eve...J&R

o

ICK ICK ICK, Vic!! Yucky!! Whatever that thing is/was....YUCK! That is NASTY!!! Are you SURE it only took 2 beers to recover?! :O)

J&R~ YUCK, TOO! That's not the kind of "extra" I like to find in my packages! ICK!

Eeeewww...all this talk about bugs has REALLY given me the creepy crawlies. *shudder&blech*

Kat~ I hope the brakes go out soon! Well, you KNOW what I mean! The sooner they do, the sooner you *hopefully* get this over with! It sounds like they're using ya'll as a test case. Moronic people! (them, not you!!!!!! LOL) Grrrr!

My daddy bought a brand new Ford truck back in '91...the FIRST new vehicle he'd ever owned. It turned out to be a lemon, too. Something with the fuel system, I think. He took it back to the dealership after the 2nd time it broke down (in less than a month!) and told them to "KEEP the #$*# thing, it's a piece of SH^%!!" Surprisingly, they didn't give him any hassle at all. Just let him walk off the lot, and refunded his money the next day.

o

Hey Vic, your box is on it's way, dropped it off today at the PO on my way to pick up potting soil,manure,and one kid. Would have put a big ole bug swatter in it if I had known you had bugs like that there. Thought we had big mean bugs....yikes! Hehehehe would Zack have thought it would have been cool to see a bug like that? Can I keep it Mommy???? That would be us, then I would be having to buy crickets everyweek to feed the disgusting thing.....rotflol.....gross.

Jaleeisa how frustrating to have to go thru such nonsense, just to prove you have a lemon. UNREAL. Thoughts are with you thru this all.

o

smiley beer hat drinking Pictures, Images and Photos

Ok, well maybe more than 2 beers! But I didn't want to have too many, I had to stay alert in case there were more, which I'm afraid there might be....."shiver"

PW, that's a good idea, maybe I should get one of those electic ones! And no, Zack would have freaked! He is still afraid of bugs and then he got stung by a wasp and now he is even afraid of flies! The thought of keeping it and feeding it! YUCK, while doing some research on them I seen a video of one taking out a mouse!
I got my email with the DC# Thanks!

Vic

o

I know, it's a mess and awful that we have to deal with all of this to satisfy the law. It's so frustrating, especially when the head of the service dept tells us he *knows* it's not fixed!

They really are giving us the run around, you should be able to enjoy a new vehicle. This one just makes us ill at the sight of it.

On a happier note, I'm going to be meeting with some of the Oklahoma City area GW'ers! Well, technically, I've already met Moni, since she stopped by Wally world one day to say hello. Anyway, she's picking me up and we're going to drive to the Village (another OKC suburb) and meet Lisa. I've seen pictures of her gardens and they are WONDERFUL! So I'm really looking forward to this! And Lisa has some yellow cannas and some iris orientalis she's going to share! :) I was putting together some hardy ice plant to share, but don't think they're quite ready. But that's alright, we're going to get together again soon, so I can share them then and they can keep them inside as a houseplant and propogate them for next spring.

So, there's always a bright note to every shadow, I just have to keep reminding myself of that. But I sure was sick to my stomach to see Cliff leave in that van this morning.

Kathy

o

Kathy, OMG! Somehow I missed your post on bringing home the van that was NOT fixed!
I can't believe they want cliff to "help diagnose" the problem! If I were him, I think I would leave that thing on! And if I were you, I'd start going over the forms to fill out on the BBB web site b/c it is probably pretty long and I'd have it all filled out to send in the day that piece of sh%&! breaks down!

It is nice you get to meet some local GW's! I bet you will have a ball! Go enjoy yourself for a while you deserve it!!!

September 11, 2001 Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Hi,
I'm behind on the posts, will catch up later. ;)
Joan's package went out today, USPS #0307 0020 0003 4319 1933.

Deb

o

Morning everyone! I see the boxes are starting to fly! Please remember to send priority mail and post your confirmation number so it can be tracked.

We had some really good rain today so things in my garden have really perked up. I have a couple of plants that I'm hoping to flower before it gets too cold. I want to collect the seeds!!..."L"

How's everyone else's garden's doing? Cleaning up? gathering seeds? Poking the slow ones along?

o

Hiya everyone!

First, I've emailed back Prairiewind, just waiting for a response. :)

Sandy ~ have you heard back from Misskimmie yet? I've emailed her, she's my 'send to' person but haven't gotten any reply yet... Linda, have you heard from her at all?

Carol ~ I'm so glad Tiyli is ok! Whatta scary day!

Vic ~ that taser post was HILARIOUS!!!!!! omg that was great! :)

Kathy ~ bless your heart... I dealt w/ that crap years ago too, finally dropped the car off on their lot and made a big ugly sign and put it in my yard (right off the hwy) telling people NOT to buy from this particular dealership... lol needless to say they never tried to come after me for the purchase $$ and I removed the sign :)

Dan ~ I know how it is to do that long-distance thing... my bf and I did it over 4 YEARS before he was finally able to move down.. He's from Canada hence the red-tape for the Visa and etc etc etc.. But at least for you two it's not TOO long before you can be together all the time! :)

Melissa ~ How's that bun in the oven comin' along? :P Do you have a due date yet? Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? Questions Questions..lol I still have somethin' sittin on my desk to send to you .. one of these days I'll get around to it.. probably when we move.. ha!

Linda ~ I'd love to say I've been out in the garden working on it, but mostly I've just been bagging up my ridiculously large stash of milk jugs. No, I don't collect them for the FUN of it... for winter-sowing this coming season! I hit up Starbucks and hit the mother-load! My landlord actually complained so I had to bag everything up all nice 'n tidy.. makes it easier for the move anyhow. The funny thing is I had so much stuff in my driveway yesterday between plants I've been digging up and putting in pots to move, alllllllllllll my garden knick knacks I had 3 people stop and think I was having a yard sale! LOL I shoo'ed them off w/ dire threats if they so much as touched a single milk jug. (not really but the idea of it was funny :P ) I have been grabbing seeds here n there and anywhere I can.. the thing I need to work on is labeling them the minute I get home cuz right now I have about 10 baggies of 'unknowns' that I know I saved for a good reason.. I just dunno what they are!

I am a bit proud to boast I listed my first 'offer' on the seed exchange side.. silly to be proud of that really, but I feel like it's part of the process of unbecoming a newbie! lol Sooo if anyone's interested, go check it out! I have lotsssss of the seeds listed on my trade page!

Hugs ya'll!
~Wendy

o

Wendy, Holy cow girl! You've been busy! I can't believe with packing and getting ready to move, digging up plants, and everything else, you still find time to collect seeds! LOL AND milkjugs! That is a GREAT idea, I can't believe I didn't think of that, we go through a gallon of milk almost everyday! I've been saving EVERY OTHER container but I never thought to save those. Thanks!
Oh, and that Taser thing, I just KNOW that is something Jamie would do! I'm gonna ask for one for Christmas! lmao!

Linda, Ladygreensleeves emailed me the DC#0308 0730 0000 5484 6510.
I'm still working on Suzi's box, she gave me the OK to send ANYTHING I want hehehe.........

Vic

o

Wendy -

I emailed Misskimmie, but have not heard back from her either. I might be wrong, but I don't think she posted since signing up.

Ladygreensleeves and I have been in contact with each other. I will be sending her box early next week.

Sandy

o
Pixie

Dan, I emailed Pixie to let her know I would help her out for Oct. But, she doesn't have internet right now, and is right in the path of hurricane Ike, I haven't heard anymore yet since yesterday.

Just wanted everyone to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Tracy talked to her last night and hopefully will be able to get through today.

o

Vic ~ I give you permission to send me ANYTHING you want too... LOL ! Just kidding... LOL! Seriously tho, I'm not kidding... LOL If you call your local starbucks they will save milkjugs for you, I literally with one trip picked up over 200 jugs. They say they go thru over 6-10 jugs an HOUR!!! Also, they give away coffee grounds for free too if you are one of those that add them to lasagna beds or to amend soil etc etc..They actually call that Grounds for the Garden. :)

There is no way I COULDN'T manage to fit seed collecting into my daily life.. I'm wayyy too addicted to this!

Sandy ~ I guess we'll leave it up to Linda to decide on a timeframe to 'wait' to see if she shows up? Linda? Maybe she's just out of town or something.......

I'm supposedly super-cleaning the kitchen today... cleaning out cabinets, wiping them down, tossing LOTS of out of date bottles and stuff that have hidden behind the 'good stuff'... but yet the strangest thing keeps happening... I keep finding myself mysteriously sitting in front of the computer! Dunno how that happens.......

Hugs,
Wendy

o

LMAO Wendy, it is strange how that happens isn't it! I was just telling myself that I've got to get off my @$$ and get something done today, but then there was a new post, so I had to go read it, hmmm, I guess I can blame it on you this time! LOL
And, just where are you going to PUT all those jugs this winter???? The problem here is that everything will get blown away! Do you do any indoor winter sowing? I'm trying to find out what I can do inside besides annuals....

o

*gigglin' evil'ly (somehow I don't think evil'ly is a word..) I know exactly what you mean.. I'm too curious to see what new thing has been written so I'm 'refreshing' the RR page all the time! :P

This past season I just put them all around the outer edge of the property line. Nothing bothered them, the trees gave them enough protection from wind I guess. Slowly moved them more into part sun as they grew. Rabbits found my lettuce and cabbage so I moved those but they left all my flower plants alone.. amazingly!

This year I'll be at my mom's house and I have NO clue what I'll do with them... There's 3 garden beds that I'd planned to clean out for actual veggie use etc next season, I guess I'll stash them there.. my only worries are the way too curious dogs we have.. .they sure do love chewing on milk jugs.. *sighh I guess I'll try to put up some cheapo short fencing around them .. it will be an adventure I'm sure.. and one I will no doubt be posting in the forums as the dogs continue to ruin my gardening dreams! lol

I've also been pretty crafty about snatching the plastic flat trays from the grocery store that I'm guessing stored bread... I always drive behind the grocery stores and malls and see what the stores have tossed outside. :P Those were great to move batches of jugs at a time!

Nyah Nyah.. MADE YA LOOK! LOLLLLLL

Hugs,
Wendy

o

wendy,
I emailed Kim and asked her to contact you, let me know if she does or doesn't!

o

okie dokie :)

o

DANG IT WENDY!! LOL

But, that's ok....HAH! Made you look too!

Ok, this time I am REALLY going to go do something!

o

I get a rare day of sitting and reading the posts today as we are having the master bath redone today. The shower has been needing to be replaced and a contractor gave us a good price for it and redo the floor and walls to, so they are redoing the entire bath....yeah!!!

I was wondering if you guys when you save you milk jugs from home do what I do. As soon as they are empty fill them with water and use that to water your plants with(dont rinse them).The small amount of milk that is left leaves behind trace amounts of vitamin D and others as well as other nutrients. My houseplants and all the ones outside love it. And you can also dampen a cloth and wipe down dusty leaves of houseplants to make them shine with it as well.

Vic, sorry I forget that the little ones are still afraid of bugs and such. Mine are alot older and want to make pets out of everything....bugs,lizards,rats,snakes,rabbits,you name we have had it at one time or other. We currently have 1 dog and 4 cats and I foster kittens and sometimes puppies for the ASPCA. And it's not uncommon for the neighbors to bring me litters from ferals that need bottle fed or even baby oppossums,squirrels,and baby birds.
Oh and thanks for posting the delivery confirmation # here for your box. I totally spaced on that one.

Wendy, your not the only one who has learned about those bread trays now....they are great for carring alot of things,pots,seed trays,jugs. Makes moving mass amounts of seedlings and plants alot easier. And great in the greenhouse too as your "shelve" since they have holes water soil falls on thru to the ground.

Well back to cleaning....bleeeeaaakkkkk!!!

o

hehehehe! You must be home during the day like me... I have just finished folding 4 loads o' laundry, scrubbed the shower/tub/toilet and now I'm about to start on the floor... but yea.. I had to look! LOL At least my man'll be happy the shower's clean! Poor guy.. he has to put up w/ so much of my gardening obsessions which equal to neglect of such things as shower scrubbing..lol When I was winter-sowing I don't think we ate at the kitchen table for over a month cuz I had allllllllllllllllll my stuff spread out all over it!! Heck I even wheeled my smaller plastic wheelbarrow in the kitchen filled w/ soil. LOL He really does put up w/ so much!:D He deserves a prize... maybe I'll actually shave my legs finally... LOL

*giggle giggle SNORT!

~Wendy

o
RE: continuing: MNF: Part 2

yea....Im home all the time....just got done cleaning the front bath...after the 20 yr old stepdaughter was suppossed to have done it a couple of days ago....uuummm no that didnt happen and Im po'ed.

I have a screened in porch that is my personal planting paradise. If you can find the table out there your doing good....lol.It's covered with various pots of starts of this and that. My potting bench is out there as well along with the priorty boxes and newspaper for shipping the plants, my tackle box of seeds stay inside in the AC. And I have been collecting seed too. My Japanese Morning glories are seeding now,moon vine,and cypress vines. I also have several plants hanging from hooks out there. And I hang plants from plants....lol.

UUmmmm....shaving the legs huh....are you trying for dinner out tonite too.....giggle

o

wendy,
Kim will be getting in touch with you. She sent me an email..."S"

o

canyonwind/annie's doesn't have an email address. Can you get in touch with her and have her send me some ideas?

o

yep..I can do that!

o

Proudgm...Becky,

I have always gotten emails direct through Garden Web...just changed it so you can see it on "My Page"! I will email you!

Nikkineel...Nikki,

Sent you an email last Tuesday. Still have not heard from you and noticed that you have not posted since partners were announced. Hope all is well. Touch base when you get a chance! I need your address!

Thanks much!

Annie

o

Annie, I'll try to get in touch with Nikki..."putting on Sherlock HOlmes hat"

o

Wendy,

You have mail.

kim

o

Wow Lisa! We received a box CHUCK full of fun things for the garden! Thank you!!

2 bird plates
2 suet blocks
a set of garden tools
Garden Friends sign
3 balloon flower roots
and bird attracting seeds galore....
Blue GLobe thistle
Giant Red Celosia
Yvonnes Salvia
Columbine
Blk hollyhock
Sundown ECH
Teddy Bear sunflowers
Sweet Dreams Coreopsis
Pink Hollyhocks

and yes, we can't forget the fun long nosed pink bird... LOL...

Had him sitting on the hottub as we unpacked the box.....Jake, our yellow lab sure got his tail in a bunch... his hair stood up, back legs shaking... tail pointing and whoa did he bark at that pink goggle bird :) Too funny!

The google bird comes in parts -- we plan to attach him to a post and 'plant' him in the garden -- can't wait to hear the bark and see the legs shake as Jake playfully hops down to the garden to see what the frogs are up to! ... can just see the South Dakota wind blowing his bobbly head and legs around as Jake pops his head into the flowers :)

Thanks again Lisa!

Linda your box is getting fuller! :)

Is it Spring YET? Happy Gardening all! Jay & Rhonda

o

Wow! What a great box! I can just see that bird getting Jake all riled up. Great job Lisa!

o
RE: great box!

Wow! What a great box! I can just see that bird getting Jake all riled up. Great job Lisa!

o

Becky (Proudgm)...sent you an email last night. Please let me know that you received.

Nikki (Nikkineel)....sent you two more emails this morning (one through GW).

Lisa, a super box for Jay and Rhonda...The pink google bird...to darn funny!!! Enjoy!!!

Annie

o

Hey all, I am so sorry that I have been out of touch. I am finally getting caught up with the posts and email. Annie and Linda, I have emailed you both. Sorry to put you to so much trouble. I have been in contact with Carol during the week. She gave me the "loves everything" all clear for me to pack away! I'm really looking forward to this swap! Jay and Rhonda - looks like you are going to have a great time growing all those seeds from Lisa. Nice box!! I hope everyone has a great weekend. Nikki

o

Jay and Rhonda,

I'm glad to hear that your box made it to your home safe and sound, I was concerned about the birdie dessert plates. I didn't know if I put enough bubble wrap.

I'm sorry the google bird was out of his package, I couldn't fit him in with his packaging. They show it attached to a tree on the package but I'm sure that a post will work too.

Good luck growing everything.

For everyone else,

I will tell you all now about the item that I couldn't fit in. I found at my local nursery, a huechera BROWNIES! how funny is that. It would have been perfect in a box for Dan with all his brownie talk.

I have it offered on the plant exchange now because I really don't need another huechera.

I'm off to do the dreadful deed of cleaning the house.

Have a great day everyone
Lisa

o

Lisa, I love that box that you sent to Jay and Rhonda! The google bird is hillarious. I jsut saw the brownie heuchera for the first time last night. I was chatting with a friend of mine and she showed it to me. It is adorable. Happy housecleaning! I have been disinfecting my house all week. One of my kids is sick and I am trying to keep it from spreading to the other 4. Wish me luck! :o)

o

Proudgm...Becky, I received your email. Sent you off an email this morning!

Nikkineel...Nikki, I received your email as well. Sent you off an email.

Becky and Nikki, if you do not receive, let me know!

Thanks much!

Annie

o

has everyone gotten in touch with everyone?? If not, please let me know!

o

Carol contacted me and is working on my box, and I've almost got Deb's ready to go out.

On another note, has it been decided who is hosting next month's swap? I'm not going to be able to host/participate in October, and I think Vic is going to host. I'm not sure though.

-Dan

o

Hi Dan! I read on another list that Vic is going to host for October. I'll be happy to assist if needed. Vic, since neither of us have hosted, maybe we can do it together? Let me know. I'm hoping to have Carol's box out by midweek. Nikki

o

Jay and Rhonda, what a great box!

I am going to be the co-host with Pixie, she still does not have internet right now so it will be a little bit before we post the swap, I'm going to send Tracy my ph.# to pass on to her so we can discuss it. But, we still have plenty of time for that....

NOW, I got my box yesterday, sorry, I just didn't have time to post.

Regina/ladygreensleeves sent me:
a Huge amaryllis bulb
some paperwhite bulbs
crocosomia bulbs (red)
seeds:
clematis purple and no id (been wanting these)
cypress vine red
beauty berry purple and white
japenese morning glories
siberian iris 'Ceasars Brother"
and....
a picture frame flower pot
a grape hyacinth and a crocus grow kit (comes with their own little pots to plant in)
a mini hummer feeder and food for it
a cute wire bird on a spring (I can't describe it so here's a pic)
and some hard candy

Thanks Regina!!

Photobucket

o
Nikki

Oops, sorry Nikki, I didn't see your post when I posted (sometimes it takes an hour for me to actually get the post done in between other things lol)
Pixie is still going to host, and I am going to help her out, but thanks so much for offering!!
Vic

o

Vic, thanks to you and Pixie for taking over the October swap! I love halloween, and know this is going to be a fun one for sure, but between having to monitor my health a bit closer now and getting Paula moved into the house, I don't think I could've given it the attention you all deserve! But don't worry, we'll pop our heads in from time to time to see what you hooligans are up to!
This is Paula's final week at the New York DMV, and as luck would have it, she's fighting a cold while getting everything packed and ready to move. She's nervous about the move (who wouldn't be???), but also glad to be doing it. I'm just going to be happy to have her full time, knowing my home is HER home!
And now, I'm off to sort seeds! There's a great seed swap going on that Linda clued me in on (the Back to School 2008 Seed Swap), and I'm hoping to send at least 100-150 packets of seeds. But, before I can do that, I've got to sort out what I've got! Know what I mean Vern? hehehe Then, after getting that done, I'll post on my trade page what I've got available for you all to scramble over!
Yesterday, I was out walking in the rain and "found" a bunch of purple coneflowers, and I just "happened" to have a paper sack with me. So, of course, I filled it and brought plenty of seeds home! Those are still drying out, so they won't be going to the seed swap. Anyone want some? If so, TEMPT me!!! (evil grin)

Everyone have a great week!!!!!

-Dan

o

Morning all! Hope you all had a good weekend.
I got home Saturday and my box was there! WOW!!!!!
debya/Deb sent me:
a beautiful jade green tin pot decorated with ferns
Plants: red magic day lily & bird's nest
Book - Herbal remedies for Dummies (which I've already started reading)
(1) Impatiens Egg plant - so cute, it's shaped like a little egg and they grow out of it.
A bird feeder
(1) pack of Anti-Stress Bath soak (plan on trying out on my worst day this week. :) )
Bulbs:
Yellow Iris
Lt. Purple/Bearded Heirloom (couldn't read the last part)
Asiatic lilies
white tulips
PLUS an entire box of seeds! Yes guys, there must be over 100 seeds! Lots of varieties. I'm having a ball looking them all up.
Oh, and the sweetest thing! Intermingled between things and tissues were feathers! Blue, green, white, just beautiful little feathers! It was so sweet and just made me smile.
Thanks SO MUCH DEB!!!!! It was a wonderful box!

Joan

o

Joan,
I'm glad you liked the box. I had fun putting it together for you! The feathers are from my pet birds! I had to include some, after all this is a "Flowers, Feathers and Fun" swap! ;)
I remember writing that the Iris is an heirloom (very old, fragrant- light purple drenched in 'tea' brown, yellow. Very different!)

Deb

o

ok, I just looked up a japanese morning gory!
They are SO cool looking!!
I hope mine grow!

Suze, your box will be going this week hehehe!

Kathy, how are things going with the van?? Did you have fun with the GWers?

Vic

o

Oh Deb! That Iris sounds just beautiful! And these will be my very first irises! So excited. I've mostly just done veggies, annuals, & houseplants. I do have one bed of cannas. All you guys have bravened me up to try perennials & new things. Hope I don't kill them all!
Lisa's box will go out tomorrow. I had a blonde moment and forgot to get her address! Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kathy - can't wait to hear about your weekend.
Dan - those seeds you just "happened" upon wouldn't have involved a little side trip through a neighbors yard would they? :)

Joan

o

Well, the van is still behaving... and it will for about 2000 miles. As we get closer to that time my nerves will get ragged, just waiting for the phone call or text (if I'm at work) telling me that the brakes have gone out yet again.With the problem it's having, we usually get about 2000 miles/two months out of them. This time WILL be the last one though. Us accepting it this time satisfies the Lemon Law for Oklahoma. When.. not if.. they go out this time, we will be making our claim under the law. Even if I have to hire a lawyer.

As far as meeting with the two GW'ers, that didn't happen. The one that had offered me a ride wanted to pick me up at 6 pm. I don't get off work until 6. Well, I'm scheduled until 6, depending on whether there's another cashier for them to get back there when I remind them of this at 5:45, it's been as late as 6:30- 6:45 at times before I could clock out. Then after spending all day grubbing with the plants, I wanted to take a fast shower and change out of my uniform. I had asked, since we weren't meeting until 7:30 and I know how to get to Lisa's house, if she could pick me up closer to 7. She preferred to leave it at picking me up at 6, so I had to bow out, thanking her for her offer of a ride and offering apologies to the others. I felt bad about it. She was really kind to offer the ride, but I couldn't leave it arranged for her to pick me up at 6 when I know there is no earthly way I'm going to be home at 6.

So, I didn't get to meet anyone yet. I am going to see if I can at least do postage with Lisa for some of those wonderful yellow cannas she offered.

And I came home yesterday to a WONDERFUL surprise! I've really been down about the van and not being able to do any swaps lately. The new job is great and going almost frighteningly well. For some reason I seem to be very highly thought of not only with my dept and dept manager, but with the other managers, including the two co managers and the store manager. I had to come home early on Saturday with a migraine and Sunday when I got back I had everyone concerned about me. Yesterday the store manager, Pete, stopped me to make sure I was feeling better and to let me know how much they appreciate me. Ya know, we hear so many bad things about so many large companies. I know, WalMart has a really bad rep with their plants and customer service. Hopefully I'm doing my part to change that in this one. But I will say that if they all treat their employees the way I've been treated at this one.... well, it's really a wonderful place to work. To me the things and the way I do them are part of doing my job. More on that later. But they are all very appreciative of the work I do.

Back to my surprise... aside from the job going well, everything else has been a mess. The van, needing to still be cautious with money until we know what's going to happen with this van, getting the family use to me working again, my 15 yr old daughter having to babysit the two younger ones (yeah, no, I didn't expect ANY problems with my drama queen daughter being pressed into service as a paid babysitter for her brothers!)

So I've been pretty down. I came home yesterday to find two wonderful packages. Dan and Linda both sent me a cheer up package! Both STUFFED with seeds! Several that I've been wanting! I will grab the packages and list them after the boys get off to school. I just want to say THANK YOU and hopefully you two will know just how very much getting those packages have touched me. I've been feeling very disconnected with the group these last couple months due to not being able to join the swaps. Those packages reminded me that my GW family thinks about me and are concerned. You guys reminded me that I am part of this group and I have wonderful friends here :) Love you guys! ALL of you :)

Kathy

o

Calling shadymeadows. You have mail. I haven't gotten your e-mails. Please try again. KIm

o

Kathy, you do NOT have to swap every month to be a part of the MNF family! I hope you never think that way again! We are always here for each other, good and bad times. I was MIA for MONTHS and still got welcomed back with open arms, that is what is so nice about the ppl here.

Vic

o

and now you have stuff to join in the seed swaps..."S"

o

Misskimmie - Sent you an email.

Sandy

o

Linda, you are always thinking aren't ya! :0)

o

Lisa, your package went out today!
Conf# 0306 2400 0003 0182 9967.

I really hope you like everything!

Joan

o

Just fyi I've been in touch w/ all my 'peeps'.. hehe I know.. that was lameeeeeeee... being a feathers swap & all..

well the excitement this week has been a septic tank back up.. at least I think that's what it was. Not sure yet, still waiting on landlord & plumber. Basically if you drain the tub and/or run water in ANY sink or wash clothes, water comes bubbling out from under the toilet and floods the bathroom and hallway. Yes I learned that the hard way... BUT if you flush.. nothing awful happens (thank GOD!!) lol Couldn't wait til we moved oh no.. it had to happen NOW! ughh

How's everyone doin'? It's TOO quiet here!! (YELLIN' it LOUDLY!) :P

Hugs ya'll,
Wendy

o

"YELLING BACK"...got some of the yard debrie cleaned up from the winds that swept through here. Our power didn't go out but both my brother in laws lost theirs for awhile.

I've been seed gathering and encouraging some flowers that havent' bloomed yet to get a move on (this involves me standing over them and saying "you guys better get a move on before the frost gets you!" Seems to be working, I saw two blooms on my cardinal climber.."L">

The boxes coming through to everyone have some good stuff in! Everyone is doing a great job. I'll be mailing mine out later today.

HOw is everyone else doing??

o

I am amazed at the friends I have here. I want to state that first and foremost. I am also in tears at the thoughtfulness, friendship and caring that has been shown to me. Dan, you are a wonderful friend for having thought of such a wonderful surprise and "cheer me up"!

I have gotten a package from Dan, Linda and one today from Vic. You guys have no idea just how much it has touched not only me, but Cliff and the kids as well.

From Dan I received:
Shasta Daisy
Musky Purple Columbine
Mixed Datura
Millet Grass- is this the tall one?
Dianthus
White Turtlehead- which has been on my wants list for some time and will be going in near my Snapdragons!
and a wonderful note to cheer me up with smiley faces all over it :)

From Linda I received:
Seed envelopes
Purple/white datura
New England Aster
Larkspur- unknown color
Yellow Bells Trumpet Bush
Chinese Lanterns
Mammoth Sunflower
Snapdragons- Tall Deluxe Mix
Zinnia- Lilliput- something I've been thinking about adding for a bit! :)
Flower stickers!
Bookmark with the sun and moon!How well my friends know me! For those that don't know, I am Wiccan and my guiding symbol is the Moon.
and another wonderful cheer up note!

From Vicky:
Charleston Gray Watermelon
Jaradale Pumpkin- which I will have to look up, never heard of it
Cilantro
Pumpkin- Jack O' Lantern
California Blackeyed pea
Fennel
Snapdragons- tall mixed
Helianthus Microcephalus
Hosta- Drk Green large leaved
Black eyed Susan
Queen Anne's Lace
Dusty Miller- the boys will take this one from me, they ADORE Dusty Millers!
Broom Corn- will be great for fall decorations next year!
Cosmos- Single Sensation Mix
Lufa gourd- I need more of these than the two I have now!
Cleome
Wild Sunflowers that grow all over where Vic lives :)
Kale- Dwarf Blue Curled
Spinich- Giant Noble
Basil- Purple African
Iris fan- no ID, unknown color
Daylily fan- no ID unknown color- I enjoy surprises and can't wait to see what colors these are!
A copper colored bird shaped decorative hanger with jacket hooks :)
and another wonderful note reminding me of the wonderful things in my life to hold to when the world seems to be going nuts.

You guys are the most wonderful friends I could imagine! The generosity of this brings tears to my eyes :)
Thank you so very much!!

HUGS,
Kathy

o
Ladygreensleeves

Your package is on it's way. Conf.# 0307 1790 0003 8423 1765.

Enjoy -
Sandy

o

Kathy, I'm glad we could brighten your day! I hope the plants made it ok, as you can see there was a delay in the mail : )
Vic

o
Wendy

Wendy, you poor thing! You just can't get a break can ya!!
Has he got it figured out yet?
Vic

o

Sandy...Thanks I look forward to seeing it arrive...drooling already.

o

Vic ~
*whimpers..* no, not yet!! I'm thankful my mom's house is not too far away, been hauling the kiddos there for baths/showers..lol

Kathy you know we love ya! I know how it is to just feel like the blows just keep comin' at ya. It's nice to have some sweet surprises to bring a smile to your face and remind you what really matters :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here