Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmom2_6boys

October Seeds & Stitches

gmom2-6boys
13 years ago

OK.....I'm back and ready to roll.

October charm swap. 5" x 5" squares. 10 charms per person. 10 different patterns. Choose 1 or 3 persons to trade with. Sign ups open until October 10th. Charms mailed by October 20.

If you want to be part of this trade, sign up now.

gmom

Comments (87)

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Thanks for the partners! Melinda

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Gmom2-6boys and quiltpartner I sent you an email to get your mailing address. :-)

Best to you and many thanks,
    Sandra aka quiltingfox

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Dan, I have your address so will be back on here when I drop the charms in the mail so you can watch for them. Glad you are having a good weekend. Mine was great, too!
    Jeanne

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

Thanks for the partners Sharon! BTW, there's a really awesome quilt pattern called "Depression Block" on Quilter's Cache that works wonderfully for all these interesting charms..check it out!

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Gmom will be mailing your package today. Waiting to hear back from Cindy, but will mail to her as soon as I get her mailing address.

Best to you,
    Sandra aka quiltingfox

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Hi Everyone! Had a turkey dinner today and am fighting the triptophan (making me sleepy!) so I'll be quick. I've got Linda's address, Jeanne has mine, Cindy and I just exchanged e-mails within minutes of one another, and I just e-mailed Melinda to trade address information.
    Hope everyone is doing well!
    -Dan

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Gmom mailed your package today. Cindy got your address and am mailing your package tomorrow. :-)

Best to you,
    Sandra aka quiltingfox

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Dan -
    I will be mailing to you tomorrow. The envelope will have your charms and my seeds towards the Seed Cocktail Swap. Glad you had such a nice weekend.
    Jeanne

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

Thanks for the partners Sharon! I'll be getting in touch with everyone today. I've had my granddaughter the past two days. My daughter has post partem depression, which she's being treated for, so I took the baby for a couple of days. She's also going back on her meds for the bipolar. She should be feeling much better shortly. Meanwhile, I'm spoiling my granddaughter!

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

I sent my charms out today for Linda, Cindy, and Melinda. Hope everyone is doing well!
    -Dan

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

My charms went out Tues to Dan, Michelle & Sandra. One of the few times I'm ahead of the game -- a little:)
    Had a wonderful rain last night - much needed - & today is bright, cool & beautiful. LOVE FALL!!

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

Hello
    I got some great fall colors charms today from cindy.
    Now I have her address and I have jeanne's but I don't have sharons, I can send hears whan I get it.
    Thanks cindy
    Michelle

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

I received some lovely charms from both Dan and sharon today! Perfect for my Depression Block quilt...if you haven't checked out that quilt block, you really should..extremely easy!

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

Hello
    I got some great fall colors charms today from cindy.
    Now I have her address and I have jeanne's but I don't have sharons, I can send hears whan I get it.
    Thanks cindy
    Michelle

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Received some beautiful charms from Cindy today. Great fall prints and a floral print which I just love. :-) Home for a bit, then off RVing. Hope everyone has a great weekend. It has cooled off nicely here today. Lows in the mid-40's at night and 83*F is our high for today. Had to wear a jacket this morning with my shorts. A nice cool day here in Louisiana. :-)

Sandra aka quiltingfox

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

Hello
    I got charmes from sharon they are great thanks
    I got my charms ready to go out today, the will go in the mail tomarrow.
    I, also sending some to foxy(you knowwhy) I love the butterflies thanks.
    Michelle

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been charmed! By Sandra!

Thank you so.....much. The succlents are something I do not have. Now that I don't have my cat anymore I can place plants around the house. She used to thing they were her salads. If it was green she would try to eat it.

What a wonderful envy it was. The charms are what I need to finish my last 2 blocks for a top. Then I can get started on the Depression Blocks.

I have a lot of work to do outside before the snow flies.
    Thanks again.

You all have a great day!!!!
    gmom

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Glad you like the the butterfly fabric Michelle. Thank you bunches for the charms you sent me - love them! :-)

Glad you liked what I sent you Sharon! :-) Am wondering how long it will take for my charms to get to Cindy as we are on opposite sides of the U.S. I mailed hers the day after I mailed you yours Sharon. :-)

Hope everyone has a great week! :-)

Sandra aka quiltingfox

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Oh and Michelle, I especially liked the purple balloon flower card! It's really pretty! :-)

Sandra aka quiltingfox

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Thanks, Michelle. I received my charms today. I especially like the Christmas fabric with the teddy bear and the drum. The mail was very fast this time!

Has anyone planned to be hostess in November? For awhile now I have wanted to have a swap where we trade handmade pin cushions. I will offer to be the hostess if that idea sounds good to you. Just one partner to swap with and one pincushion to make. If you would rather stay with charms or blocks, that is okay, too. Could we maybe include a handmade or purchased Thanksgiving card when we swap in November? Somehow the Thanksgiving holiday seems to get less and less attention as Christmas runs back into October these days!

I will try to tempt you by saying there are lots of patterns for pin cushions in books and on the internet, so it will not be hard to find a pattern for making one.

Jeanne

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Thank you Dan,Sandra & Michelle ---- I did receive all my charms - & the template :) & the succulents :) Meant to post earlier but totally forgot --- spent the weekend w/my grandsons in the corn maze & pumpkin field. How cool it was! Hope you'll understand & forgive me ,)

Cindy

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

I should also share that I am using most of my charms for a quilt made w/the Shooting Star block - found on Quilters' Cache. I had made this block for a birthday swap awhile ago & really loved it - especially when paired w/unbleached muslin background. Very vintage looking - & perfect for scraps!

Cindy

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Cindy, so glad you got what I sent. :-) Sorry missed you earlier on yahoo instant chat box - was watching tv with hubby and getting some applique done on my mom's quilt.

Best to you,
    Sandra aka quiltingfox

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Sandra,

That's quite alright - I was just beginning to type & my laptop did a swan dive -- never saw it coming! Just had wanted to be sure you knew I recv'd everything OK & not certain how often you checked the forum. Planted my succulents & am anxious to see them root :) I've wanted to pay more attention to the garden side of the forum, but just haven't found the time. Maybe this winter while I'm not so busy (I hope!) & I can get all charged up for spring plantings! Something to shoot for -

Cindy

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

I just wanted to post that I did mail my charms yesterday from the post office. I received Michelle's lovely charms yesterday also...more charms for my Depression Block quilt!!

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

As usual, I am behind! Not being sick this time, just working and po closed when go and when get home. But both of mine will be mailed tomorrow! Don't work. Thanks, Melinda

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I looked up some patterns for pin cushions, and they're easier to make than you'd think! I'd say you should go ahead and host next month with the pin cushion idea. It sounds like a great idea!
    -Dan

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Doing that now, Dan. Looking forward to seeing what kind each person makes.
    Jeanne

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Here is a link for pin-cushions that might be helpful. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pin-Cushions

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Hey Cindy, when are you mailing to me? Were you mailing on the 12th or the 19th? Still have not received anything from you. Have a great weekend. :-)

Sandra aka quiltingfox

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I do not seem to be able to do anything today and keep it straight. SOOOOO........

If everyone who has not recieved there charms please report it. Like this:

gmom has not recieved from Melinda, or Michelle.

I'm just trying to report what is happening and I can't keep it straight today. Please help.

gmom

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Sandra has not received from Cindy. (I think she has put things in the mail though?? We are on opposite sides of the U.S. so am thinking it will take a week for things to get to me.)?????

Best to you,
    Sandra aka quiltingfox

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Oh Sorry I have received charms from Cindy - found the envelope just now. My bad. Gotta get my desk cleaned off.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Okay went through my fabric stash and through my computer/quilting/sewing/my child's homework desk and I have received charms from Cindy. Many Apologies for my confusion earlier - having a very busy and hectic week here.

Michelle and I did an unofficial fabric swap on the side. And we both received what we were sending.

And the only other charms I have in my stash are from Dan from last month.

So am thinking, and please correct me if I am wrong, I think I have not received from Sharon.

Best to you and my apologies for my confusion!,
    Sandra

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

This is how hectic the week has been for me and DH ... even the tooth fairy was 5 days late getting to our house this week. Got my desk cleaned off just now. Am usually more organized than this. Hoping this coming week is not so hectic.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

I just sent an apology email to Cindy. Hope you can forgive me. So very sorry for the confusion on my end. Having a hectic week. Truly hope you do not bow out of the group because of my screw up. This really is a group of really nice people.

Humbly and apologetically yours,
    Sandra aka quiltingfox

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

Sandra, you should see my office! Not only do I have baby stuff piled in there, I have a cat that had an operation hanging out..I can't even find my floor let alone my desk!!...LOL!!

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Sandra, don't feel bad! I've received charms from Jeanne and one other person, but because I didn't get online the night I received them, I couldn't remember who they were from. Then I just saw Melinda's post and realized that hers were still on their way, so I must've received from Cindy too!
    So, Cindy, I'll say "thank you" for those charms right now before I forget again!
    I think the lesson we can all learn here is that it's okay to admit how forgetful we are, and to post a thank you a little late is a whole lot better than never posting one at all.

Now, while we're waiting for the last of the charms to be received and drooled over, let me just say that the November swap has been posted, and is shaping up to be very interesting! Linda is serving up those special brownies and spiking the tea, and we're all finding new sources online which are giving us ideas on how to make pin cushions! I never knew there were so many ways to make a pin cushion!

Have a great weekend everyone!
    -Dan

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK!!!!

Lets see if my mind is working today. From the posting I've read this is who and what was recieved. Unless not reported.

gmom sent to: Linda, Sandra, Michelle. SANDRA'S HAS NOT BEEN RECIEVED.

Dan sent to: Linda, Cindy, Malinda. MALINDA'S HAS NOT BEEN RECIEVED.

Linda sent to: Cindy, Melinda, Michelle. ALL 3 HAVE NOT RECIEVED.

Jeanne sent to: Dan. DAN'S HAVE NOT BEEN RECIEVED.

Cindy sent to: Dan, Sandra, Michelle. ALL 3 RECIEVED!

Sandra sent to: Sharon, Cindy. ALL 2 RECIEVED!

Melinda sent to: Sharon, Dan. SHARON, DAN NOT RECIEVED

Michelle sent to: Sharon, Jeanne, Linda. SHARON NOT RECIEVED YET.

I'm hoping this is right. And yes it is hard to remember when we get what, if for some reason we can not post right away. So don't let it worry you and do it when you can.

The weather here is rainy and cool. So...I will be cutting blocks for World Relief Quilts. I have all my sheet scraps from last years quilts. If I can get them cut they are easy to sow up. This evening I will be canning pickled beets.

Have a GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!!

gmom

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

Cindy and I chatted via email yesterday and today and I am happy to say that things are good between Cindy and I. This is a really good way to start my week. Thank you for your forgiveness Cindy! :-)

Sandra aka quiltingfox

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

umm, I've received from both Jeanne and Cindy, but I don't know if Melinda has received from me yet...

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been charmed by Michelle. Thank You, Michelle, they are great and will let me finish my first quilt top from our charms.

gmom

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Oh, my goodness! So sorry I didn't post that I rec'd from Dan! I sure thought I did! Loved them! And also have rec'd from Linda! Thanks to both of you! Mine should be arrived by now! Melinda

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Last night I received my charms from Melinda, along with a Halloween card! I must admit, I found myself asking myself why I was receiving this card, having forgotten all about this swap because my mind has been on Halloween and carving pumpkins. So, when I got inside and was able to sit down with the mail (after having been thoroughly mugged by the Wee Beasties!) I found a terrific surprise! The card is great, and the charms are so, well, charming! LOL! They've got a definite "fall" air about them, and I can't wait to use them!
    Thanks Melinda!

-Dan

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Glad it arrived, Dan! Enjoy!

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been charmed from Malinda!!

Thank You so much. Nice selection.

gmom

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

You are welcome Sharon! Sorry to everyone for being late!Melinda

• gmom2-6boys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am going to close the thread out on Monday so if you have not gotten all your charms for October you need to post. Sandy has not gotten hers from me so I send a new one out yesterday.
    She should have it when she comes back from RV'ing.

Any one else needs to report they are short so we can this closed out.

Thanks
    gmom

• bev2009
    13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I don't normally read the Seeds and Stiches posts, but was checking this out and had a question. What are quilt charms? I searched online and what I saw I would call quilt blocks. I have done a little quilting (very little) but I have never heard the term "charm". Could someone explain?
    Thanks,
    Bev

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

We just got back from RVing and am delighted to find charms in my mailbox today from Gmom!! :-) Beautiful fabric and card!! Thank you bunches!! :-)

Sandra

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner