Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: obf october fabulous & fun x four

Posted by canyonwind Z9 Southern Californ (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 14:43

OBF OCTOBER SWAP is......

"FABULOUS & FUN x FOUR"

OBFERS, OCTOBER is upon us. We are cleaning up our gardens, we are waiting for the tricksters to knock on our door, we are planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas, we are thinking about what we will be Winter sowing, and the list goes on and on. So much to ponder. So ladies let us keep it simple!

For the month of OCTOBER, you will send FOUR FABULOUS & FUN "SOMETHINGS" in a BUBBLER.

***ONE of the fabulous & fun "somethings" must be related to gardening in some way.

***the other THREE "somethings" can be anything ie candy, your favorite kitchen tool/gadget, a potholder, a Christmas ornament. Yes, whatever turns you on. Keep it simple, fun, fabulous and economical. Just remember, send what you would enjoy receiving!!

***FABULOUS & FUN x FOUR must be sent in a BUBBLER. PRIORITY FLAT RATE BUBBLERS are fine! No boxes!

***Tracking/Delivery Confirmation PLEASE.

***Partners OCTOBER 8
***Please mail by OCTOBER 19

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

I love BINGO, so yes there will be traditional BINGO for a prize. More later.
I love surprises, so I will have random "whatevers" along the way for prizes. You never know.... You might just win something and not even know you were in contention for a prize.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign ups begin NOW! FALL in to October..let us have a FABULOUS and FUN time OBFING together!

Thanks!

Annie

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Our Bloomin Friends requires that you be a member of OBF in order to participate in this swap. If you would like more information about membership, contact Shirley or Carol.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This post was edited by canyonwind on Tue, Oct 1, 13 at 12:23

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: obf october fabulous & fun x four

Yeah, it looks like I am going for another first sign up unless someone is diligently typing at the same time.

This sounds like fun. Count me in. Margo

o

Would love to join in!

Jayeanne

o

Annie-You are on the ball...way to go. Please sign me up for lots of fun and BINGO too.

Shirley

o

Happy Monday!

OCTOBER FABULOUS & FUN x FOUR SWAP

Wonderful, we have 4 participants (including me) thus far.

* Margo (smitties)
* Jayeanne (pinkiris)
* Shirley (brittneysgran)
* Annie (canyonwind)

Welcome, Margo, Jayeanne and Shirley.

Come on OBF'ERS, don't be shy. Swap and have some fun during the fabulous month of October! You might win something too!

Speaking of winning, could it be we already have a "random winner"??????? Well................Anniecakes, the good witch of Southern California says YES. By goodness, we do! And our FIRST winner is..........................
MARGO.....Margo you win a prize since you were the FIRST OBF'ER to sign up for October's FABULOUS & FUN x FOUR SWAP. Congratulations Margo!!!!

AAAHHH....could tomorrow, October 1st bring us another winner? I certainly hope so!

And todays quote......

"America - it is a fabulous country, the only fabulous country; it is the only place where miracles not only happen, but where they happen all the time."
Thomas Wolfe

Tiz vino time. A lovely Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand. Cheers! Have a great evening!

Anniecakes

o

Oh, can I play too? I hope I'm still a member. After a LONG absence, this sounds like a great swap to get back with.
BB

o

Oh! Annie! Sign me up :)

Fun, fabulous 4's and BINGO! How can I stay away :D
vina

o

Beth, of course you can play. Welcome!!

I will post BINGO today sometime.

FABULOUS & FUN x FOUR SWAP participants thus far...

* Margo (smitties)
* Jayeanne (pinkiris)
* Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
* Annie (canyonwind)

And a quote......so simple!
"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."
Michael Jordan

Happy Tuesday!!

Anniecakes

o
re: new: bingo...obf october fabulous & fun x four

Vina, glad you can play!!!

And here we go with BINGO!!!!!!

“OCTOBER BINGO”

*Choose 15 from the group below

*Email me your 15 selections (do not post them here) by October 7, 11:59pm. Please put OBF BINGO in the subject line.

*Please keep a copy of your BINGO selections.

*Annie’s fabulous & fun canines x 2 will begin “fetching” BINGO picks on October 8

* First person who gets their 15 and calls BINGO wins a prize!

Good Luck!!

1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
2. Bewitched…Samantha Is My Name!
3. Pumpkin Cheesecake Day (10-21)
4. Twix
5. All Hallows’ Eve
6. Autism Awareness Month
7. Snickers Bar
8. Monster Mash
9. Glinda, The Good Witch Of The South!
10.Peanut M & M’s
11.Hersheys Bar
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
13.Starburst
14.Reeses Cup
15.World Smile Day (10-5)
16.Butterfinger
17.Milky Way
18.Jolly Rancher Watermelon Hard Candy
19.Mad Hatter Day (10-6)
20.Nestles Crunch
21.Almond Joy
22.Breast Cancer Awareness Month
23.Firefighters Day (10-8)
24.Moldy Cheese Day (10-9)
25.”Hi, I’m Chucky, Wanna Play?” (Childs Play)
26.Mr.Goodbar
27.Greasy Foods Day (10-25)
28.Octoberfest
29.3 Musketeers
30.Candy Corn Day (10-30)
31.Navy day (10-27)
32.Baby Ruth
33.Fluffernutter Day (10-8)
34.Vincent Price...“House On Haunted Hill”
35.Heath Bar
36.Farmers Day (10-12)
37.Tootsie Rolls
38.Junior Mints
39.Anoka, MN…Halloween Capital Of The World
40.Milk Duds
41.Big Hunk
42.Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month
43.Chicken Dance
44.Guising
45.Columbus Day

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Margo (smitties)
* Jayeanne (pinkiris)
* Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
* Vina (flowergirl34)
* Annie (canyonwind)

Have a lovely Evening!

Annie

o

Annie-Just sent you my BINGO words. LMK if you don't get them.

Shirley

o

I am punishing myself for being late last month and will be sittin this one out, will check in tho, have a fun swap
hugs carol

o

Afternoon!!

Annie, just sent my words. Let me know if you don't get them.

I definitely need to celebrate Fluffernutter Day and Pumpkin Cheesecake Day!

WOO HOO BINGO!!! :D
vina

o

Carol, all is forgiven. Please come home.

o

Thanks so much, Annie for making this a easy one. I have lots going on (am called for Jury Duty this month) and my daughter who is disabled fell at home last weekend, broke her ankle & has surgery next week but this will get my mind on something else for a little while! Please sign me up! Blessings, Margaret

o

Bingo words sent.

To all my Gardenweb friends, since this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I want to remind all of you that are due for your mammogram to be sure to get it each year. Because my friend is a procrastinator and waited four years to get hers, she is about to start chemo. She has been diagnosed Stage 2 breast cancer. I am taking her to the hospital on Friday to have a port put in. She will have 7 months of chemo then surgery to remove the tumor, then more months of chemo and radiation. It is so hard to see her going through this and it hasn't even begun yet. I just feel it is important to remind all of you in hopes of keeping someone from ever having to go through this.

thank you, Margo

o

Jeanne-If you check in...thinking of you today. Hope everything is going well with you. HUGS

Margo-That reminds me I need to get mine done for this year. Thanks

Margaret-So happy to see your post....WE HAVE MISSED YOU. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope her surgery goes well next week.

Carol-I was late sending too. Things happen and I get behind but will catch up sooner or later, just hang in there.

Shirley

o

Good Evening Lovely OBF'ERS,

Must type fast, internet tech problems in the area. The very nice man is giving me a few minutes to check in with you!
I love nice guys!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: OCTOBER BINGO......
Playing thus far....and have received your selections!!!

* Jayeanne
* Shirley
* Vina
* Beth
* Margo

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Margaret, to happy to have you.....have missed you!
Carol, wish you would play with us girls. We have all been late. Not a problem!

* Margo (smitties)
* Jayeanne (pinkiris)
* Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
* Vina (flowergirl34)
* Margaret (Margaret_2007)
* Annie (canyonwind)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have more to say but the nice tech man wants to get home to his wife and baby. I don't blame him! Must run!

Tata...until tomorrow!

Annie

o

Ok I'd like to join please!

Sue G

o

Ok I'd like to join please!

Sue G

o

I posted something here and well, it is not here! OH well!

Sue welcome!!

We have another random prize winner!!!!!! Miss Jayeanne, you were the first person to EMAIL me your BINGO picks. You beat out Shirley by 51 minutes! Congratulations.

Who will be the next winner???????

I will update everything tomorrow.

Most important, if you have not had your Mammogram, please get it done! There are no excuses.

Happy Evening!

Annie

o

Annie!

wow! thank you Annie! =)

Jayeanne

o

OBF'ERS, there is still time to sign up...deadline Monday night (October 7)

Margaret, I do hope surgery goes well for your daughter next week!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Margo (smitties)
* Jayeanne (pinkiris)
* Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
* Vina (flowergirl34)
* Sue (sguanzon)
* Annie (canyonwind)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Jayeanne
* Shirley
* Vina
* Beth
* Margo

Margaret and Sue, send me your BINGO selections by Monday night if you would like to play.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random Sur-Prize Winners thus far.....

*Margo....first person to sign up for OBF FABULOUS & FUN x 4 SWAP

*Jayeanne....first person to EMAIL me BINGO selections

Margo and Jayeanne, I sent emails to you this morning about your prizes. They should arrive next week. No big shakes on the little prizes....I will just say they are "appropriate" for this fabulous and fun month.

And todays quote...love this!
“The child is in me still and sometimes not so still.”
― Fred Rogers, The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things To Remember
Happy Friday!

Annie

o

Thankyou all for your kind words, this is a fine group of wonderful ladies, gonna sit out tho too much goin on. hugs to you all photo carol_helper.gif

o

Oh my gosh, somehow I missed the post that I had won the first of the prizes. Annie, I am so sorry to have missed it and must have seemed very unappreciative. I received your email today and that is the first I had noticed of it. I have been so involved with my friend that I have just dropped in and out quickly this past week. My sincerest apologies and my many thanks. I will let you know when my prize arrives.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am running my 6th 5k tomorrow. This one is at a pumpkin farm and corn maze and after the run, we can do all the fun things for free. It rained all day today so it is going to be a muddy mess. Even more fun. LOL

Margo

o

Beth-So good to see you joining in this month. Have missed you...glad to see you back.

Congratulations Margo & Jayeanne...it pays to be first.

I got a tip this week on calling a local company about some dirt/compost. Seems they need places to dump it with only a hauling charge. I had been buying it from a nearby neighbor for $30 a dipper and DH was picking it up. So excited when I got home and they had delivered the first load. I only paid $85.00 for them to haul it and got 10 dippers free. It would have cost me $300.00 if I had bought it from my neighbor. Wow he was making a lot of money by storing it on his property until someone bought it.

Shirley

o

Great deal Shirley!

Annie, I emailed you my Bingo picks. Let me know if you didn't get them. Sounds like fun!

Sue G

o

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Well my FABULOUS & FUN CANINES x 2 were a little antsie this morning!! Maybe it is the wind blowwwwiiinnnnggg outside. They jumped on me while I was still in a deep slumber....and barked..."Hey Mum, how about a quick SUR-PRIZE something for the OBF'ERS"....I have had several cups of coffee, done some watering, done some laundrey.....And now, we are ready......so here we go!

For every post that each of you have made since opening this thread, I have put your name in to the fabulous & fun bowl. So if you posted 2 times, your name is in the bowl x 2, if your posted 3 times, your name is in the bowl x 3...get it!
OK.....GSD Klaus is getting ready to attack the bowl...he has attacked and chosen......Good Boy!!!

And the WINNER is............Shirley! A prize will soon be headed your way!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue, I received your BINGO Choices email! Thanks!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must run......

Annie

o

Bird nest & walnut photo WalnutKwansoCherry_zps2bb7b437.jpg

Eddie and I were trimming our Kwanso Cherry tree and a black walnut fell out of the tree, I was so surprised and couldn't figure out how it got up in the tree. Upon closer observation we found a squirrel had placed two walnuts in a birds nest for safe keeping. Eddie climbed up and got this picture of the walnut left in the nest. I guess the little squirrel got tired of digging holes and burying them, smart squirrel.

Yeah for my 4 chances at winning the prize.....

Thank you Annie.

Shirley

o

Deadline to sign up is tomorrow. If your are in doubt, oh my goodness, just sign up.

* Margo (smitties)
* Jayeanne (pinkiris)
* Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
* Vina (flowergirl34)
* Sue (sguanzon)
* Annie (canyonwind)

* Jayeanne
* Shirley
* Vina
* Beth
* Margo
* Sue

Deadlines for BINGO are tomorrow evening as well. I know that Margaret has alot going on......and she has not sent her BINGO words in. Margaret, If I do not hear from you, I am going to sign you up for BINGO and do your picking for you, thus you will be playing BINGO with the OBF'ERS. I always say, the more the merrier. Actually, I will let the canines x 2 pick your 15 selections. I trust they will do a better job than I.

Very smoky, fires are in the area. I do not like the fires but I sure like the smell. I am off to make pizza and of course have a little vino.

One of my very favorite quotes.......

If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.
Katharine Hepburn

So true Katherine!

Happy Evening!

Annie

o

I will post partners tomorrow Oct. 8 (Tuesday) morning.

OCTOBER BINGO...the canines will start fetching tomorrow morning.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Margo (smitties)
* Jayeanne (pinkiris)
* Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
* Vina (flowergirl34)
* Sue (sguanzon)
* Annie (canyonwind)

* Jayeanne
* Shirley
* Vina
* Beth
* Margo
* Sue
* Margaret

Margaret agreed to my BINGO proposal. The dogs have chosen her 15 selections. And I have sent them to her.

Shirley, I sent you an email about your little prize. Tiz on its way!

And today quote.....
"Onions and bacon cooking up just makes your kitchen smell so good. In fact, one day I'm going to come up with a room deodorizer that smells like bacon and onions. It's a fabulous smell."
Paula Deen

Happy Monday!

Annie

o

Annie

Speaking of bacon smells, my daughter was selling yankee candles for her band fundraiser recently and they now have a candle that says "BACON" LOL!! she actually sold one, that and a "MAN" candle! LOL she sold one of those too, couldnt believe it. Just thought i'd share =) check it out online

Jayeanne

o

Annie, thank you for my charming pair of Halloween socks. I received them today and love them. I don't have any Halloween socks to these are going to be fun to wear to work. LOL

Margo

o

Annie-Will let you know when it arrives. Thanks

My Cousin and her husband are coming to visit with me this Friday. We are so much alike it is scary. We like the same things but the only thing that she does that I do not is hunt. She is coming to bear hunt with DH and his buddies. Her and her husband have both killed one in years past. It would absolutely bore me to death I will stick to gardening.

Shirley

o

Woo hoo! Partners...can't hardly wait ;)
Already started some of my package last weekend. Just couldn't resist! You know...one for you...one for me....hahaha. I love that kind of shopping :)

Happy Almost Halloween!!
vina

o

Good Tuesday Morning!!

Time for PARTNERS.......

*Jayeanne sends to Shirley
*Shirley sends to Vina
*Vina sends to Sue
*Sue sends to Margo
*Margo sends to Margaret
*Margaret sends to Beth
*Beth sends to Annie
*Annie sends to Jayeanne

Deadline to mail is October 19! Have a fun & fabulous time!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCTOBER BINGO.....

Let's get to it. The canines have fetched!!!!!!!! Since October is fun & fabulous x 4, today they chose x 4 to get you started. Good Boy, Good Girl!!!!
Good Luck!

41. Big Hunk
34. Vincent Price in “House On Haunted Hill”
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Margo, you received the sockies quickly. Enjoy! How was day one of chemo?

Jayeanne, a "BACON" candle and a "MAN" candle!!!! I need to check these both out.....interesting!

Shirley, how many pounds of meat will you get out of one bear? Do you freeze it or do you give it away?

Quote "four" today........

There are four ways, and only four ways, in which we have contact with the world. We are evaluated and classified by these four contacts: what we do, how we look, what we say, and how we say it.
Dale Carnegie

Have a wonderful day!

Annie

o

Annie

thank you so much for the 'spooktacular' halloween socks!
I just love them! Now to hope my girls dont see them, they may just disappear! LOL

Happy Tuesday!
Jayeanne

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-The names are out & I get to send to Beth, which I don't think I have ever sent to before. That's great-I just sent you an email Beth & would you believe I forgot to ask you for your address to send to? Too much going on here, I think.

Isn't this the greatest? Thanks ,Annie- Please be in prayer for my daughter's surgery which is Wednesday at 3. We will leave tomorrow & stay the night there so we can be there for the surgery & spend so time with her on Thursday. Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret, I send to you but I should have your address so don't worry about it. Just take care of that daughter of yours and I will be sending prayers along to all of you.

No words for me out of those four.

Annie, thanks for asking about Caprice. Her parents took her to chemotherapy and did not stay because it was a 41/2 hour process. If she can have people stay with her, I will volunteer to do so. Who wants to sit by themselves for that length of time? I imagine the staff is pretty nice and takes good care of her as everyone she has come in contact with has been very kind.

Margo

o

Margaret-Sending prayers your way for your daughter...will pray for her on Wednesday, have it written down and posted on the fridge. I can't remember anything anymore unless I write it down. Travel safely and God Bless.

Annie-DH gives the bear meat away, we don't care for it but he does like deer meat. I can eat a bite or two but that's about it. I'm not much into wild game.

Vina-Sending to you, Yeah.

I have two out of four of the BINGO words.

Shirley

o

Good Morning!

Tiz BINGO time! Are you ready??????
Today the canine kids have chosen......

37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst

Previously chosen......

41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

Margaret, prayers for your daughter and for you!

Jayeanne, enjoy your spooky socks! I checked out Yankee candles.....There are several "Man Candles"......."MMM Bacon" is considered a man candle!!! Other man candles include "Riding Mower", "Movie Night", "2 x 4", "Man Town" and "First Down".......very clever names!!!!

Shirley, I would love to give bear meat a taste...one of these days!!! How is your Mom?

Margo, thinking of Caprice.............

Vina, shopping "one for you" and "one for me".....that always works for me!!!! What is new with Taylor and Billy??

We have rain...finally. It won't be much but we welcome any rain drops out here.I don't think it has rained here since March or April and even then it was minimal. I was wearing shorts/tank yesterday, today sweats and tomorrow will be shorts again...mid 80's. It smells so fresh outside!!

And speaking of rain...todays quote!

"There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain."
Audrey Hepburn

Happy Day!

Annie

o

Shirley your package was mailed this morning...hope you enjoy everything....

Jayeanne

o

Evening!

Sue! Yeah! Sending to you! :D Just checked and I have your addy :)

Annie, thanks for asking the kiddos are doing great! The last week and half has been wonderful....no more school drama...thank heavens. Billy loves Kindergarten and was made Student of the Month for Sept. He has made some nice friends. Taylor has been nominated for Secretary for student government....voting is tomorrow...she has to make a speech in front of the whole school. Wish her luck!! :)

Sue, I'll be getting your bubblie tog. this weekend...looking at the logistics of some of the things I have in mind, it's going to be like putting a puzzle tog. to get everything to fit...but, I'm going to give it my best try! :D

Have a great night!
vina

ps. WOOHOO!! Already have 3 Bingo words :) Keep em' comin'!

o

I am here tonight for a favor. I am in need of quick prayers for my 24 year old daughter. She went to the emergency room yesterday because she first started having stabbing pains in her chest then her left side began tingling and she was dizzy and had difficulty concentrating. She was tested for stroke and bloodclot and when they could not find anything, sent her home. Her pain went away but not the tingling. I took her to the chiropractor and she didn't do any work on her because just simply looking at her and her reactions to certain tests made the chiro ask me to take her back to the er. I took her to a different hospital and they have admitted her. I know someone asked if MS was in the family and I do have a cousin. They are doing an MRI tomorrow and after reading the symptoms tonight, realize that Elizabeth has several of them and they even mentioned some patients had pains described as stabbing which is how this started. I am scared for my daughter and pray that MS is not the problem. Please keep her in your prayers and I will keep you posted. Thanks Margo

o

Margo, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter! Hopefully, they find the cause soon. Sending good thoughts your way.
(((((((( BIG HUGS)))))))))))

vina

o

Margo, prayers for your daughter, Elizabeth.......

Vina, go Taylor go! Good Luck! Billy, that is quite an honor....Good Boy!

OCTOBER BINGO.......

Todays selections......

7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster

Previously chosen.......

37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

Happy Day to all. Be well, be safe!

Annie

o

Dear God please touch Elizabeth during this trying time.

Margo-prayers for you and Elizabeth. I know it must be very worrisome when your child is going through something like this.

Margaret-Keep us informed about your daughter, hope her surgery went well.

Annie-Thanks for asking about Mom...she is doing ok. I don't see her ever coming home.

Shirley

o

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Just got home from the hospital and wanted to update all of you.

All tests have been negative so far. No stroke, no ms, no heart condition. Elizabeth is doing so much better although still has some tingling and an occasion shooting pain in her chest. They are keeping her another night to be sure. So far they have mentioned the possibility of a migraine (some present themselves very oddly) or mini strokes. TIA's I am going up in the morning to see her again and will see what they do as a final diagnoses if they can even do one. Poor thing gets so frustrated and I can't blame her. She is so much more happy and smiling today.

Again, thanks to my GW friends who make me feel so comforted that they are thinking of us. Margo

o

Good Morning!

Margo, tests thus far are negative...wonderful. And SO HAPPY that they were keeping her over night to keep an eye on her. Be well, Miss Elizabeth.....

Margaret, let us know when you have a moment how Brens surgery went. Be well, Miss Bren.....

Shirley, peace for your Mom.......

Vina, how did it go for Taylor yesterday?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIZ BINGO fetching time.......the canines have chosen!!

Previously fetched..............

7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

And todays quote......

"A positive attitude is not going to save you. What it's going to do is, everyday, between now and the day you die, whether that's a short time from now or a long time from now, that every day, you're going to actually live."
Elizabeth Edwards

Happy Friday....Happy weekend! Enjoy!

Annie

o

Hi, Lovely Ladies-Thanks for all the prayers & thinking of us. Bren's operation went well except for a couple of things they weren't expecting. Her break was much worse than they thought. The surgeon had to put 6 screws in her ankle & her bones aren't good at all. Probably from all the meds she has had to take for years. The surgeon doesn't use casts so she is still in the boot & he said because of the condition of the bones she cannot have any pressure on it for 4 to 6 weeks! She will be in a wheelchair & will have to hop to get to table, etc. They are so good to do what is necessary for her & she just takes whatever happens & goes with it. I do believe she will one day be confined to a wheelchair as she is regressing some. Her accident was 33 years ago, in a coma almost 3 months & much rehab since then. God has been good & gives the strength & grace needed for all that takes place & I praise Him for it.
Margo, I am praying for your situation, also. I know we mother's would prefer that it happens to us rather than our children & it's hard to take.

Annie-Thanks for your email you sent. It meant a lot to me.

Beth-I still haven't heard from you with your address. I sent an email so please let me know if you got it. I sent it through GW & sometimes that doesn't work.

Have a most wonderful weekend, All. The weather is beautiful here & hope to get some yard work done. Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret, glad that the operation is over and you are right about mothers wanting to take it instead of the kids.

Elizabeth is home now and feeling much better. A couple things still persist a little bit. No real diagnosis but migraine and mini strokes are the possibilities still. She is going to go to another neurologist to see what he thinks. Elizabeth still feels it was a mini stroke. Thankfully, either one will not cause any real damage so she will be fine. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Only two words so far for me. Margaret, will be working on your package soon. Hope you all have a good weekend. Margo

o

Margaret-Thanks for the update..so happy to hear Bren's operation went well. God is Good all the time.

Margo-Thanks for the update about Elizabeth. Sounds like something that may never happen again. God is Good all the time, praise his holy name.

Jayenne-I received my wonderful package today and loved everything you sent. I googled the yellow walking iris so I would know how to care for it. I believe this is the first time I have ever received my package first. Yeah

Received:
Russell Stover Caramel mini pumpkin candy
pumpkin napkins
yellow walking iris plant
cinnamon pumpkin candle
Happy Halloween card

Thank you again Jayenne....I think I will sample my candy now. YUM

Shirley

o

Happy Saturday!

Jayeanne, a fab & fun box for Shirley!!! Yellow Walking Iris ....I have never heard of that, which means nothing...LOL. Will check that out!

Margaret, surgery on Wednesday went well....thankful!!!!!

Margo, Elizabeth is home....and she is going to see another Neurologist.....very wise!!

FABULOUS & FUN x FOUR PARTNERS ......

*Jayeanne sends to Shirley...SENT/RECEIVED
*Shirley sends to Vina
*Vina sends to Sue
*Sue sends to Margo
*Margo sends to Margaret
*Margaret sends to Beth
*Beth sends to Annie
*Annie sends to Jayeanne

BINGO....BINGO....BINGO! The canines have done their OBF duty for today. Here we go!

1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)

Previously fetched.........

7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful Saturday!!!!!

Annie

o

Margo,
Get well wishes for your daughter. I hope she surprises the doctors and mends quickly. Yes, we moms rather be hurting than have our children hurt!
Shirley,
I will keep you mother in my prayers, too. I'm sure all of this is hard on you.

Not a lot going on here... just rest and recover. I can't say I've had a lot of energy to do much more. Oh, I don't think I've passed along that I am going to be a grandmother again next year. Not the daughter with the 2 1/2 year old triplet boys - it's the other daughter who's expecting and this will be their first child and our first granddaughter. It's pretty exciting!

Happy Fall, everyone!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne, congrats on the new grandchild Jeanne. Glad to hear you are resting for that recovery which is very important.

Thanks for the well wishes for my daughter. She is still having brain fuzziness and I really feel she is having the migraines without pain. They have a name but I can't remember. I just wish she could start feeling fully herself so she can accept that is what it is. She still feels it is the mini stroke but they last no more than 24 hours and this has been several days.

Our dil is getting close to delivering our grandson. The doc says any day now and if nothing is happening by Tuesday, her doc is going to do something to help her along. I am guessing Brayden will be here by Thursday which if he is born on Thursday, it will be our youngest sons 20th birthday.

Excitement to go along with frustration. :) Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Margo

o

SheilaandRebekah photo sheilaandrebekah2013_zps028b0e56.jpg

Sheila my Daughter and Rebekah my great Niece ran a 5K together this morning. Sheila took 1st place and Rebekah took 2nd place. So proud of both of them. Sheila told me last night she knew as young as Rebekah was she would leave her in the dust.....well you never know...never give up.

Jeanne-How are you doing? Hope all is going well with you.

Shirley

o

Margaret,
Sorry to have missed you. I came back to read things a bit more carefully. Sorry your daughter needed surgery and sending get well wishes to her.

Shirley,
Congrats to the family members who race - wow, that takes a lot of practice and effort!

Margo,
Praying for a safe delivery later this week... and let us know when the new grandson arrives!

Okay... maybe I caught everything now...

Jeanne

o

Jeanne, I have been thinking about you.....one day at a time! Congrats on the baby news!

Margo, baby Brayden is coming!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!! Be well Elizabeth!

Shirley, I love your daughters spelling REBEKAH. I somehow missed that before.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BINGO selections for this FABULOUS Sunday.....

47.Prank

And Previously fetched......

1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

And your quote for today....simply Coco!

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."
Coco Chanel

Enjoy the day!

Annie

o

Good Morning...

BINGO Time......

Guest "fetchers" this morning....German Shepherd Sin and Golden Retriever Tango. Here you go!!!

20.Nestles Crunch

Previously fetched....................

47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

Happy Day!

Annie

o

Woo Hoo I have 8 BINGO words.

Shirley

o

It is BINGO time..........Shirley has 8, how is everyone else doing? Hope these help!

And Previously fetched.........

20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

*Shirley sends to Vina
*Vina sends to Sue
*Sue sends to Margo
*Margo sends to Margaret
*Margaret sends to Beth
*Beth sends to Annie
*Annie sends to Jayeanne

And Jayeanne, I am working on your FAB & FUN x FOUR!!!

A little game is coming...stay tuned!

And Tuesdays quote......
"October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sight, and the enduring constellations above them once again."
Hal Borland

Enjoy the day!!

Annie

o

Afternoon! :)
Woohoo! I have 6 words...still in the runnin'.

Taylor lost her election on Friday :(. She and a good friend of hers, Ike, were running against each other. He won, and Taylor was very happy for him. She then got elected as class representative, so it turns out she'll have to go to the monthly meetings anyway. That's all she wanted to do to begin with. Student government is fun at her school. They have hat days and crazy sock days to raise money for the local animal shelter, and at Christmas they raise money and adopt a local family. The whole gov't. kids all go shopping for the whole family! They wrap everything so the family has Santa presents under the tree :) Such great kids!

Billy has been under the weather/ allergies...all weekend. :( So, my package to Sue will be going out by Friday. He was even home today...such a sad face this morning! When a kid WANTS to go to school and can't. All day..."I miss my friends...I miss my friends...ahhhhhhhh."

Margaret, sending you daughter some well wishes :)

Margo, congratulations on your new grandson! :D I hope your daughter is feeling better.

Shirley, congratulations on your families 5K! AMAZING! You must be so proud.

Have a great Tuesday!
vina

o

Annie-I received my cute Fall socks. Thank you so much for such a nice gift.

Shirley

o

Good Morning/Afternoon OBF'ERS,

Vina, Congratulations Taylor. You did not win against your buddy.....you are still a winner!! Student Government at her school.....fantastic! Those kids should be teaching our friends in Washington a thing or two or three or four ect...!! Feel better, young man Billy.

Shirley, great, you got them! Enjoy!

Margo, how is Elizabeth feeling? And how is Caprice? Possibly Brayden has arrived?

Margaret, how is Bren doing?

Jayeanne, Sue and Beth, hope you are doing well!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BINGO......today the canines chose two of my favorites.

43.Chicken Dance

And previously fetched......

20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

quote for today.....

"I have fun with ideas; I play with them."
Ray Bradbury

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

o

Forgot to post games earlier....here we go!

Tiz game time…in fact two games for you! College Football is Fabulous & Fun….or I think so anyways...LOL!

GAME 1
Fabulous Home State College Football Game…for a prize, of course.

I have chosen the following college football games to be played this Saturday, October 19. I chose teams from your home states as noted below.

Princeton Tigers vs Brown Bears (Jayeanne)
Syracuse Orange (Vina) vs Georgia Tech
Washington Huskies vs Arizona State Sun Devils (Sue and Beth part time)
Iowa Hawkeyes (Margaret) vs Ohio State Buckeyes (Margo)
Florida Gators vs Missouri Tigers (Beth part time)
Duke Blue Devils (Shirley) vs Virgina Cavaliers

The game…so easy, so not to confuse you…..just guess a number!

*Guess how many points Brown, Syracuse, Arizona State, Iowa, Ohio State, Missouri and Duke each will score and then add them together.

For example…..….
Brown scores 0
Syracuse scores 13
Arizona State 13
Iowa scores 10
Ohio State scores 28
Missouri scores 10
Duke scores 35
Total 109 points

That is it…….give me your guess of the total points ex 109 points. No need to give each individual team guess.

*You CAN NOT guess what someone else has already guessed
* EX if 109 is the total points scored by these seven teams, if one person guesses 111 and another guess 107..that is a tie as 109 is smack in the middle. My rules are that OVER wins so the person who guessed 111 is the winner.

GAME 2
FABULOUS NOTRE DAME Game (for a prize, of course)

University of Southern California Trojans (USC) will be playing some football with my beloved Notre Dame Fighting Irish on Saturday as well. BBBBOOOOOOOOO USC !!!!! Go IRISH!

*Guess the TOTAL POINTS that will be scored in the game. No need to pick the winner. If you think the final score will be Notre Dame 21 USC 0…your guess would be 21.

*You CAN NOT guess what someone else has already guessed
* EX if 21 is the total points scored, if one person guesses 23 and another guesses 19..that is a tie as 21 is smack in the middle. My rules are that OVER wins so the person who guessed 23 is the winner.

Please post both your guess’s by Saturday, October 19 6am Pacific time. I will announce the winners on Sunday. Two prizes on the line here…..even if you know nothing about football….take a chance x 2 and you might just WIN!

Good Luck x 2!!

Annie

o

Annie, thanks so much for asking. Elizabeth is doing better and still no sure diagnoses but as long as she is feeling better, not much more can be done. Caprice had her first chemo and handled it pretty well. Now the best news

Brayden Woodruff Smith arrived this evening at 6:47 a healthy 7lbs 10 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. Both mother and baby are doing great. The hardest part is we couldn't be there because they live in Texas but we get to meet him in 3 weeks.

Now for my game numbers.

Total for all teams is 127 and for Notre Dame 27.

Margo

o

Brayden is here! Brayden is here! Margo, that is wonderful! Great news is always welcome! Has Elizabeth seen another Neurologist yet? So happy she is felling better!! Caprice has a long journey ahead of her.....lots of prayers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley, Vina, Sue, Margaret, Beth, Jayeanne......

Don't forget to post your guesses for the two simple games I posted yesterday. See my post for details...real easy. You do not even need to think....LOL! Margo is ready to go!

GAME 1
Fabulous Home State College Football Game…for a prize, of course.

*Margo 127

GAME 2
FABULOUS NOTRE DAME Game (for a prize, of course)

*Margo 27

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for BINGO!!!!!! The canines have chosen......

4. Twix

And previously fetched.......

43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

*Shirley sends to Vina
*Vina sends to Sue
*Sue sends to Margo
*Margo sends to Margaret
*Margaret sends to Beth
*Beth sends to Annie
*Annie sends to Jayeanne

Deadline to send is Saturday...LOL.......but I am breaking my own rules. Jayeanne, I am planning on sending on Monday!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this one from Ben.....

"Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy."
Benjamin Franklin

Happy Day! Enjoy!

Annie

o

hey Annie, great quote there. We were visiting a friend yesterday who asked if I would sample his "home made wine". This was 9 AM but being a polite guest I said yes thinking he meant One wine. ( thought wrong), I only sipped four types, but it got the day off to an interesting start. Bet Ben would have approved. LOL
Then we went to the PO and mailed your package. Jack declined to sample. He prefers dark brown ale so he was designated driver.
So, look for the mailman about Saturday, sorry, no Vino in the bubbler.
beth

o

My game numbers.

Total for all teams is 256 and for Princeton Tigers vs Brown Bears is 35

Jayeanne

o

Margo-Congratulations...I know you will be counting down the days until you get to hold him. We need pictures.......

Total for all teams is 155 and for Notre Dame 48.

Shirley

o

Good Morning/Afternoon!

Shirley and Jayeanne have joined Margo in the football guessing games. Sue, Beth, Vina and Margaret....get it together........all you have to do is guess!!!! It is not gambling...LOL! (Game details posted Wed, Oct 16, deadline to post guesses tomorrow Saturday, 6am Pacific)

GAME 1 (FABULOUS HOME STATE COLLEGE FOOTBALL)

fabulous guesses from........
*Margo 127
*Jayeanne 256
*Shirley 155

GAME 2 (FABULOUS NOTRE DAME)
fabulous guesses from.......
*Margo 27
*Jayeanne 35
*Shirley 48

***Jayeanne, your 35 guess is for total points USC vs Notre Dame (not Princeton vs Brown)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BINGO FRIDAY.........the canines decided to attack three selections today!

28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker

And previously fetched.............

4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

*Shirley sends to Vina
*Vina sends to Sue
*Sue sends to Margo
*Margo sends to Margaret
*Margaret sends to Beth
*Beth sends to Annie...SENT
*Annie sends to Jayeanne

Margaret, sent you an email.

Beth, sent you an email response to yesterdays post. Come to think of it, I do not think I have ever gone wine-a- sipping/tasting at 9am. That is even early for me...lol!

Since "Octoberfest" was fetched today in BINGO......a little German vocabulary is in order (nothing vulgar here).

Ozapfa (v.) (OHTS-app-fuh)
To tap a beer barrel. The Oktoberfest is inaugurated each year with a ceremonial tapping of the first barrel of beer in the Schottenhammel tent. The mayor of Munich attaches the tap with as few hits as possible. When the tap has been attached, the mayor shouts "O'zapft is!" ("it is tapped!")

Happy Friday!!

Annie

o

Thanks for the German lesson. Up to now, all I could do was ask for Coffee. Maybe now I could get Beer instead. Oom Paa Paa!
Guesses will be 176, from Me for the total and 45 for the Notre Dame Game from Jack. Of course, Notre Dame wins and if Jack wins, he said I still get the prize.
Have fun weekend.

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Have finally gotten all of my plants planted this morning & hope it is a little while before we get a heavy frost. I still have some coming (I ordered them a long time ago), the grower stated they would ship between now & Nov. 6th. Wonder if they might have to ship in the Spring.

Beth-I just mailed your package with tracking #
9114 9010 7574 2465 6980 93. I am not sure where Stockton is but shouldn't take it too long. The last package I put in was an afterthought after I read your list again. I have had them & didn't get them planted so hope you enjoy.

We have had such a great Fall here. sure hope it lasts a little while longer as I still have some work to do outside. I suppose it will be there in the Spring but want to get hoses put away & clean some of my tools, too. How are you all coming getting ready for the Winter months? I really like Winter but without the ice we sometimes get.

Bren has good days and bad. She is having quite a time staying in the wheelchair. I know it cramps her style-she is very independent but with her bones so bad, she must stay off her ankle.

So sorry to hear of all situations some of you are going through. Keeping you all in thoughts & prayers. Blessings, Margaret

o

Super Duper....Beth and Margaret have joined Football Saturday. Sue and Vina, won't you come out and play with your fellow OBF'ERS? LOL!!!!!

*Margo 127
*Jayeanne 256
*Shirley 155
*Beth 176
*Margaret 188

*Margo 27
*Jayeanne 35
*Shirley 48
*Beth 45
*Margaret 54
***Jayeanne, your 35 guess is for total points USC vs Notre Dame (not Princeton vs Brown)

Good Luck Tomorrow!

Beth, I just picked up your package on the front porch. I have to run out for a few hours....yes, wine is involved!! I will post the contents later tonight or in the morning. Thank you so much!! So looking forward to FAB & FUN from Beth!!!

Happy Evening to all!

Annie

o

Morning!

Sue, your bubblie went out on Thursday :) Hope you likey!

Sorry about the mia the last few days, I was "hijacked" at parent pickup by an 8 year old, lol. One of Taylor's friends Uncle's is having a fundraiser for a new wheelchair. Poor kid! He's only 20, and he's had a debilitating disease since he was 12. Being under his parents insurance they won't cover the cost of a new wheelchair! How sickening, he literally cannot leave the house without a wheelchair! And his old chair just pooped out. SO....they are having a fundraiser and Rach asked me to bake "some things" for the bake sale....how could I say no? So, a baking I did... :) Hope they make some good sales with them.

Shirley, I 'd love to play your game!

I guess...

GAME 1... 111

GAME 2...31

Have a great Saturday!!
vina

o

Happy Saturday!!

Beth, my FABULOUS & FUN x FOUR package...fantastic!! Thank you so much! Love it all!
I received....
*Botanical Interests California Color seeds....a big package
*Halloween kitchen towel in blue and black.....it even has a big spider....creepy and fun!
*Fall leaves napkins
*Two Butterfinger Pumpkins

Todays games..........................

Vina, you made it! Good Luck to all. Will announce winners tomorrow!

*Margo 127
*Jayeanne 256
*Shirley 155
*Beth 176
*Margaret 188
*Vina 111

*Margo 27
*Jayeanne 35
*Shirley 48
*Beth 45
*Margaret 54
*Vina 31

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BINGO.....tiz time for the canines to do their thing!
Todays fetchings.....

45.Columbus Day

And Previously Fetched........

28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker
4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

*Shirley sends to Vina
*Vina sends to Sue....SENT
*Sue sends to Margo
*Margo sends to Margaret
*Margaret sends to Beth....SENT
*Beth sends to Annie...SENT/RECEIVED
*Annie sends to Jayeanne

Must run...have a beautiful and fun day!

Annie

o

I just got my WONDERFUL envelope from Vina!

I got the cutest Halloween socks and
Russell Stover candies yum yum!
a great assortment of seeks in a cute halloween sack and a halloween wind sock for outdoor decoration

Thanks Vina!

o

I mailed my package yesterday morning but don't have my DC number handy. I am camping for the weekend and my number is at home. Will catch up with everything tomorrow.

o

BINGO...BINGO...BINGO..... How are your BINGO cards looking? Are you checking them carefully? Have you missed anything? Today, the canines have chosen.......

8. Monster Mash
44.Guising

45.Columbus Day
28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker
4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

*Shirley sends to Vina
*Vina sends to Sue....SENT/RECEIVED
*Sue sends to Margo
*Margo sends to Margaret...SENT
*Margaret sends to Beth....SENT
*Annie sends to Jayeanne

AND NOW YESTERDAYS GAME WINNERS!!!!!!!

Once again, below are the fabulous guesses from........
*Margo 127
*Jayeanne 256
*Shirley 155
*Beth 176
*Margaret 188
*Vina 111

Game 1....Congratulations Margaret! Margaret guessed 188.
Brown scored 17 points
Syracuse scored 0 points
Arizona State scored 53 points
Iowa scored 24 points
Ohio State scored 34 points
Missouri scored 36 points
Duke scored 35 points
Total 199 points

Once again, below are the fabulous guesses from.......
*Margo 27
*Jayeanne 35
*Shirley 48
*Beth 45
*Margaret 54
*Vina 31

Game 2....And the WINNER is Margo with her guess of 27 points. The final score Notre Dame 14 USC 10. Yes, let us do the math ...14 + 10 = 24....LOL!

Prizes for Margaret and Margo!!! Congratulations!!!!

This says it all in just a few words.....

"Fun is good."
Dr. Seuss

Happy Sunday...Enjoy!

Annie

o

Evening!

Sue, yeah! It made it :) I hope you like the seed assortment.

Only need 5 more words!! WOOHOO!

Started cutting back all my iris' today...so many to do...such little time. It's suppose to be wet rain/snow by Friday. 3 beds down...wish me luck :D

Have a great night!
vina

o

Introducing baby Brayden! I am so looking forward to kissing those little cheeks.

Woohoo, I won. I have had good luck lately.

Thanks Annie

o

Margo-How very precious....I would love to kiss those little cheeks as well. There is just something about babies that make you smile and want to hold and kiss them. Congratulations on your win.

Margaret-Congratulations to you on your win. Good guessing on the games.

Vina-Your package will go out tomorrow. Good luck on cutting your irises back. I have around 800-900 daylilies and know the feeling of being overwhelmed with all the cutting back.

Shirley

o

Good Morning!

And todays BINGO selections are.....

36.Farmers Day (10-12)
10.Peanut M & M’s

And Previously Fetched......

8. Monster Mash
44.Guising
45.Columbus Day
28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker
4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

Jayeanne, your FAB & FUN is going out tonight or tomorrow.

And todays fabulous quote.......

"Sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with the right people."
Elizabeth Green

Happy Day!!

Annie

o

Hi, Ladies-Received my swap from Margo today & love everything she sent-A pair of pink garden gloves for Breast Awareness Month, which I really need-This years are almost worn through! Whoppers that me & my husband took care of right away, Halloween kitchen towel, hot pad & oven glove, a solar witch, baggies for seeds, and my favorite seeds, Cosmos, Psyche, Sea Shell & Double Click & some of her favorite Nasturtiums & a lovely card. Thank you so much, Margo. You really made my day!

I actually won something, Annie, Thanks to you. You have been a real blessing to me through this swap. Such interesting games & this is the 1st time I have been involved in Bingo. Such fun.

I finally got a short time today to get some outside things done. We are supposed to get a light frost tonight so wanted to get the plants I wanted to save in. According to the weather long term we are to have frost several nights this week.

Shirley-Do you cut all your Daylilies' & Iris back in the fall. How in the world do you keep track of all of yours. How about hostas'? Are they to be cut back, too.? I need to get busy, I think. I have been called to Jury Duty this month but it has been postponed so far. Am to call in tomorrow to see if I need to report.

I just talked to Bren & she went to the Dr. today & doesn't have to go back for a month, so she must be doing well staying off of it. That's a relief as her bones are really deteriorating due to all the meds she takes. Thanks so much for all your prayers & support . It has helped me a lot.

Have a wonderful rest of the week & let me know about all this cutting back please. I can't wait to get started! Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret-Yes I cut everything back...we are expecting frost this Thursday and Friday so I'm racing against the clock. Daylilies and hostas especially get all slimy when the frost hits them. Good news about Bren....Praise God!!!!!

Annie I have only four more BINGO words to go....

I still have daylilies & irises blooming....it's been a crazy year...I hate to cut these all back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Style
In Stye photo 032_zpscc4e2aa1.jpg

Calla Green Goddess
 photo 025_zps764556bd.jpg

photo 026_zps49aaeee1.jpg

Mum
 photo 002_zps81af9629.jpg

Daylily Collaberation

o

Hello ladies, Margo I have been praying for Elizabeth, if she hasn't been diagnosed yet tell her to get her dr to do a doppler, sounds like it could have been a tia, doppler is the only fail proof test. Shirley do you wanna sell starts of in style and collaberation. I'm in love. Beth nice to see you here been awhile. how is Jack, give him my love. hugs beautiful ladies photo carol.gif

o

My Fabulous package arrived yesterday and I need to try to thank Margaret.
Margaret I love everything!!!!! Fall socks and towel are beautiful colors.
Starts of a sedum and a hen and chick plant. All four of these things are going Home to AZ with me so I can enjoy them and baby the plants a bit.
Naked ladies bulbs will get planted here as, I'd never get to see them bloom in AZ .
Thanks so much Margaret.
OH, but there's MORE Nice little desert plates with sunflowers. a pair of spring loaded scissors ( anxious to try these),some packets of flavored coffee ( handy for when we are traveling) a little note pad and two fantastic chocolate covered pumpkin candies. Yum Yum, these never mad it home. LOL
I suspect that Margaret has a problem with her counting, but I'm not complaining and I promise I won't tell.
Margaret, the card and bookmark are very pretty. It was such fun discovering all the goodies in that fat package and I hope to swap with you again soon.
Carol, Jack is doing great. Thanks for asking. We had a couple scares a few years ago but he has been doing very well and we are very thankful. I miss getting to see you and DH.

o

SUPER FABULOUS & FUN packages being sent!!!

*Shirley sends to Vina....SENT
*Sue sends to Margo
*Margo sends to Margaret...SENT/RECEIVED
*Margaret sends to Beth....SENT/RECEIVED
*Annie sends to Jayeanne ....Sending today

BINGO TIME!!!!

Three BINGO selections for Tuesday! Guest fetcher, Chocolate Lab, Cocoa, joined the BINGO festivities earlier this morning.

26. Mr Goodbar
48, Scary Carrie
35. Heath Bar

36.Farmers Day (10-12)
10.Peanut M & M’s
8. Monster Mash
44.Guising
45.Columbus Day
28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker
4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

Happy Day!

Annie

o

Almost forgot......

OBF'ERS, I have been bad...I have been playing a little game with you, kind of tricky....intentionally, of course....for a SUR-PRIZE. LOL!

I have been waiting for someone to call me on this and no one has. Obviously, it has happened more than once. Possibly, someone noticed when I was doing it but did not say anything because they thought I was confused or losing my marbles...or something!!!!! So for a SUR-PRIZE, Jayeanne, Shirley, Margo, Sue, Margaret, Vina or Beth, do you know what tricky something I am speaking of??????????? First person who gets it correct WINS.

Must run....tata!

Annie

o

picking three Bingo words instead of two?
Thought you said the dog did it..........?
Last Friday

o

Im going to guess that not all the bingo words that were fetched are listed every time you post the previously fetched words.

Jayeanne

o

I guessed way off. LOL

Margo

This post was edited by smitties on Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 22:39

o

Carol-Yes I have enough of those two daylilies. Don't let me forget it come Spring.

Only like 3 more words for BINGO.

Annie-Could it be the 46th word Trickster that you added when we only had 45 words from the start?????? You are a trickster all right.

Shirley

o

Ahhhhh I found another one 47. Prank

Shirley

o

And another one.....49..The joker

o

Ah had to hunt for the 48...found it.....Scary Carrie

Wow you added 4 new words to your list....Too funny and so smart

Shirley

o

Have to share a photo the kids took today. Margo

o

Jayeanne, FINALLY, I sent your package out this afternoon. My apologies for the delay!
Label/DC Tracking #9114901159815396420246...it is in a priority flat rate bubbler, so should be at your place Thursday or Friday...better said, whenever the PO decides to deliver.

Margo, I bet you are so looking forward to meeting Young Man Brayden......New life, so precious!!!!!!!

And for the little trick/game I was playing on you.....

*Jayeanne........nope....
*Beth.......nope...
*Margo.....nope.....
*Shirley.........nope.......................but I am just kidding.....you are correct!!!!!!! LOL! Earlier in the month when my canines picked the first of the four phony BINGO words, "Trickster", I thought for sure one of you would nail me, but nothing! And then #2 "Prank"...nothing from you guys and then #3 "The Joker"...and nothing! Well this morning, my little Lab grabbed "Scary Carrie"...the timing was good. Congratulations Shirley!!!!! You WIN a SUR-PRIZE!!!!!

Besides BINGO which is still up for grabs, I have another quickie game before the end of the month!

Happy Evening!

Annie

o

Annie... LOL yes i was wondering about those words, i thought we only had 45 to begin with, lol

46. trickster
47. prank
48. scary carrie
49. the joker

then i thought i had forgot to write those words down! LOL Ill let you know when i get your package =)

Enjoy your day!
Jayeanne

o

Yeah.....I figured it out, that's good for me. LOL

Margo-You are killing me with all these sweet baby pictures. My Boss's little girl is 1 year old and I have not seen her since she was tiny. I got on to him the other day about it and he promised to bring her Sunday to see me, can't wait. They live in SC and he drives to NC every day to work so pleased he is driving that far on Sunday for me to see her.

Shirley

o

Jayeanne, you can say it. You thought I was missing a few brain cells or maybe sipping a bit to much out of the old vino bottle(s)...LOL!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Sue sends to Margo
*Annie sends to Jayeanne ....SENT

Wednesday Evening BINGO!!!!!!!!!!

I am late today.....I think it is about time for BINGO!!!!!! The canines have chosen the following for you.....hope they help!

31.Navy day (10-27)
17.Milky Way

26. Mr Goodbar
48, Scary Carrie
35. Heath Bar
36.Farmers Day (10-12)
10.Peanut M & M’s
8. Monster Mash
44.Guising
45.Columbus Day
28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker
4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

And this evenings quote.....

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out."
Ray Bradbury

Happy Night!

Annie

o

So sorry I am so late with your package Margo it will go out today!

Sue G

o

Good Morning/Afternoon!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Sue sends to Margo.... Sending Today
*Annie sends to Jayeanne ....SENT

BINGO....The kids have spoken!!! Thursdays selections just for you! Anybody got 15!!!!!!!

31.Navy day (10-27)
17.Milky Way
26. Mr Goodbar
48, Scary Carrie
35. Heath Bar
36.Farmers Day (10-12)
10.Peanut M & M’s
8. Monster Mash
44.Guising
45.Columbus Day
28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker
4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

Happy Thursday!!

Annie

o

And one more game!!!!!! Easy as pie!

"WORLD SERIES BASEBALL, THE FINAL GAME"........

*Vina, Shirley, Margaret, Jayeanne, Beth, Sue and Margo......pick one of these numbers below. Do NOT pick a number that someone else has chosen.

Please post your guess by Saturday, Oct. 26 at Noon Pacific time. Whether some of you play or all 7 of you play....there will be some numbers left over regardless. After the deadline on Saturday, I will put all of the names that are playing in a bowl and all of the remaining numbers in a bowl. I will pick a number and then pick a name....that person will have an additional number, kind of a bonus in that you might have a better chance of winning the game. I will do this until the remaining numbers are gone.

And what does the number mean? I can only tell you that it will have to do with the FINAL game of the World Series.
Boston beat St. Louis 8-1 in game 1 of the World Series last night . The FINAL game will be either Sunday (10-27), Monday (10-28), Wednesday (10-30) or Thursday (10-31.)

Pick your number and maybe you will win a SUR-PRIZE!!

Good Luck!!

Annie

o

I will pick #3

Jayeanne

o

Hi Annie!!

I rec'd such a wonderful package today! =)

2- fun drink hand towels (to wipe up my drink messes, LOL!)
-some skittles and starburst (skittles are gone btw,,lol)
-an awesome PINK pearing knife! LOVE!!
4- brug cuttings - going to work on those tonight, they look great despite our cold we've been having
and a beautiful card!

LOVE everything Annie! thank you so much! What a wonderful package =)

Jayeanne

o

I will take number 7. Margo

o

#8 for me

Shirley

o

OK, I'll take 4

o

Good Morning/Afternoon!

"WORLD SERIES BASEBALL, THE FINAL GAME"........

*Vina and Sue , waiting on you ......pick one of these numbers below. Do NOT pick a number that someone else has chosen. (Vina and Sue, game details posted yesterday...deadline Sat, noon Pacific)

World Series update....Boston 1 win and St. Louis 1 win. In game 2 last night, St. Louis won 4-2.......The Final Game will be Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.

*3 Jayeanne
*4 Beth
*7 Margo
*8 Shirley
*0 Margaret

Almost a wrap here......Vina and Margo should be receiving soon.

*Sue sends to Margo.... SENT
*Annie sends to Jayeanne ....SENT/RECEIVED

BINGO TIME!!! Well, there are not many pieces of paper left in the fetching bowl. I think a bonus FRIDAY fetch is in order. Could it be that you are all waiting for the same BINGO????? You OBF'ERS are being awfully quiet on the BINGO front...smart strategy! Remember, first person who calls BINGO (with the correct 15, of course) WINS!! Anybody??????

14.Reeses Cup
38.Junior Mints

31.Navy day (10-27)
17.Milky Way
26. Mr Goodbar
48, Scary Carrie
35. Heath Bar
36.Farmers Day (10-12)
10.Peanut M & M’s
8. Monster Mash
44.Guising
45.Columbus Day
28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker
4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

A Fabulous and Fun game baseball truly is! And todays quote...so true!

Baseball is almost the only orderly thing in a very unorderly world. If you get three strikes, even the best lawyer in the world can't get you off. ~Bill Veeck

Happy Friday!

Annie

o

I only like one more BINGO word....will it be pulled today!!!!

Can't sleep....sciatica pain really bad tonight. The bad part is I am getting up early and taking some friends to Hillside Orchards for a 50% off sale on all their canned products and gift shop items. They only have this one day a year.

Shirley

o

I will pick #6

Shirley I only need one too - wonder if we are waiting on the same one?

o

Happy Saturday!!

BINGO TIME....BINGO TIME....Oh my, no one has called the "B' word. I thought for sure one of you might have gotten it. Wow, maybe everyone is waiting for the same fetch! The canines have fetched...now...does one of these put someone over the top?

21.Almond Joy
19.Mad Hatter Day (10-6)

14.Reeses Cup
38.Junior Mints
31.Navy day (10-27)
17.Milky Way
26. Mr Goodbar
48, Scary Carrie
35. Heath Bar
36.Farmers Day (10-12)
10.Peanut M & M’s
8. Monster Mash
44.Guising
45.Columbus Day
28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker
4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

And the last game.....

"WORLD SERIES BASEBALL, THE FINAL GAME"

*Vina, you are the only one left out of the seven OBF'ERS who has not chosen a number......pick one of these numbers below. Do NOT pick a number that someone else has chosen. (Vina, game details posted on Thursday...deadline Sat, noon Pacific)

World Series update....Boston 1 win and St. Louis 1 win. Game 3 tonight......."THE FINAL GAME" will be Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.

*3 Jayeanne
*4 Beth
*6 Sue
*7 Margo
*8 Shirley
*0 Margaret

And todays quote.....

"Congress: Bingo with billions."
Red Skelton

Enjoy your day!

Annie

o

I am visiting my son in Indiana and forgot to bring my Bingo words with me. I am pretty sure I needed a couple words that came up yesterday and today but I don't think I have Bingo yet. If no one calls the big B, I can check when I get home tomorrow night.

I had to drive a 61/2 hour drive to get here and dreaded it but it really wasn't too bad. We have been having a good time and I will be sad to go tomorrow but this is just temporary. My son is doing an internship at a company here so will be back at college in January. That is only a 2 1/2 hour drive.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Margo

o

Happy Sunday!!

BINGO....WHAT!!!! No one called BINGO!!!!! OK, here are two more for you! I will check back later. If no one has called the "B" word, one of the canines will head back to the bowl for another fetch. After, this mornings fetches, there are only 4 pieces of paper left in the bowl!

27.Greasy Foods Day (10-25)
39.Anoka, MN…Halloween Capital Of The World

21.Almond Joy
19.Mad Hatter Day (10-6)
14.Reeses Cup
38.Junior Mints
31.Navy day (10-27)
17.Milky Way
26. Mr Goodbar
48, Scary Carrie
35. Heath Bar
36.Farmers Day (10-12)
10.Peanut M & M’s
8. Monster Mash
44.Guising
45.Columbus Day
28.Octoberfest
49.The Joker
4. Twix
43.Chicken Dance
20.Nestles Crunch
47.Prank
1. Popcorn Poppin’ Month
12.Gumbo Day (10-12)
7. Snickers Bar
46.Trickster
37.Tootsie Rolls
13. Starburst
41. Big Hunk
11. Hersheys Bar
29. 3 Musketeers

We did not hear from Vina....but I am going to include her anyways. The more the merrier! The numbers *1 *2 *5 and *9 remain. For Vina, guest Golden Retriever Lulu picked the number *1 out of the bowl.
There are now three numbers remaining. They are *2, *5 and *9 . Shirley, Margo, Sue, Jayeanne, Beth, Margaret and Vina are in another bowl.
My canines are off frolicing with the bunnies so Lulu will complete this task. Here we go!!
****Lulu picked *9 and then picked Beth
****Lulu picked *2 and then picked Sue
****The *5 remains and Lulu has chosen Jayeanne

So these are your numbers for THE FINAL GAME OF THE WORLD SERIES. St. Louis won game 3 with a score of 5-4 last night. Game 4 of the series will be tonight. The Final game will be Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.

*1 Vina
*2 Sue
*3 Jayeanne
*4 Beth
*5 Jayeanne
*6 Sue
*7 Margo
*8 Shirley
*9 Beth
*0 Margaret

Later....

Annie

o

BINGO!!

:) vina

o

Woohoo! It must be fate! I've been trying and trying...and trying to post on this thread since Thursday when Shirleys package arrived to no avail...now I have Bingo AND I can post...I reiterate...WOOHOO!

Shirley, your bubblie was wonderful! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!

In my awesome bubblie from Shirley was:
Yummy Reeses Pieces...they were gone before I had a chance to look at everything else, lol.
Amazing hand made soap. Appropriately named 'Love Spell'...smells wonderful!
2 plants...False Spirea: Montgomery and Arum Italicum :D
Autumn Harvest Potpourri
An adorable Scarecrow to decorate my table!
And the cutest mouse Halloween card!

THANK YOU AGAIN SHIRLEY!

Annie, thanks for including me in the game! You know I'd love to play :)

Happy Sunday everyone! It feel so good to post something and to actually have it go through...cross your fingers this one makes it too...XXXXXXXX

vina

o

We have a BINGO WINNER!!!! Congratulations Vina!! The dogs are thrilled! That bowl of paper was getting a bit boring for them, even though I gave them a yummy something each time they fetched.

PAY ATTENTION,,,BINGO is not over. There is still an inkling of hope for you (Margaret, Shirley, Margo, Beth, Sue and Jayeanne). There will be a BINGO 2nd place.

I just looked up Vinas 15 BINGO choices up as I did not know what put her over the top. Anoka, MN....Halloween Capital of the World did the trick. I do know that one other person has that on their list but they still needed one more to get BINGO. SSSSSSSOOOOOO........here is the deal.

Today, between 5:30-6:00pm PACIFIC TIME approximatley, after I have poured a glass of Vino, after my full day gardening, my Little Black Lab will fetch one more time. If you have BINGO, let it be known. Whoever calls BINGO,first (in case there a few of you) gets a second place sur-prize. Margo, hoping you will be back home in time. Hopefully, all of you read this. Good Luck!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Shirley sends to Vina....SENT/RECEIVED

I will be back in approximatley 2 1/2 hrs, Need to go plant more lettuce and cabbage.

Annie

o

I am back. I need that one little word so I must be on the look out for your post between 8:30 and 9 here. I hope I can stay awake that long, LOL. I had a long drive home but a lovely weekend. Margo

o

Here I am!!! Margo, I bet you are sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for a BINGO fetch....LOL!!!!

Before my little girl fetches, if no one calls BINGO, I will have the German fetch another one tomorrow!

OK, I have my Chardonnay in hand and the very little girl is ready........she has fetched...........and she has chosen....

All Hallows Eve

Well, Margo??????? Anybody??????

LOL!

Annie

o

Nope that's not the one I need.

Vina-Glad you liked your box.

Shirley

o

BINGO!!

Jayeanne

o

Well that did not take long. Shirley and Jayeanne were sitting on the edge of their seats....LOL. Margo maybe fell asleep! Congratulations Jayeanne! OH I love BINGO!!!

Thanks to all for playing....great group!!

Happy Evening!!

Annie

o

I was relaxing in a hot bath but alas, I did not have that word in my list anyway. LOL

Congrats to all the winners and what a great host you are Annie. Thanks so much for all the fun.

Margo

o

Morning!

Annie, Thanks for such a fun month!!

We've had cold, nasty rain for the last few days. YUCK! I can't believe I'm saying this but, yesterday, I actually saw a snowflake...can't believe it! I'm wondering where the summer has gone.

Annie, I just love hearing about how your planting cabbage and lettuce right now. Just amazing to me.

Shirley, how's your mom doing?

Margo, how's your daughter? And your new grandbaby?

This month is almost wrapped up. :) Who has November?

Happy Almost Halloween!!!
vina

o

Vina, I forget that you gardeners in other parts of the country can not plant. I started so much lettuce, bok choy, cabbage, favas, sugar snaps, garden peas, parsnips, rutabagas, turnips ect in early October and thought I better get some more in the ground. I have never done parsnips, rutabagas or turnips, so anxious to see what happens on that front.

Margo, glad you had a good trip and a safe one. How are Elizabeth and Caprice doing?

Vina, Fabulous and Fun package from Shirley, as always! By the way Vina, what will be your attire on Halloween? If you said, I missed it. Have fun!

OK, BINGO is a wrap. Congrats again to Vina 1st place and Jayeanne 2nd place.

And the last game...the FINAL Game!

Last night, Boston beat St. Louis 4-2. The series is now tied up, Boston two wins and St. Louis two wins. The FINAL GAME will be Wednesday or Thursday.

And your numbers.....

*1 Vina
*2 Sue
*3 Jayeanne
*4 Beth
*5 Jayeanne
*6 Sue
*7 Margo
*8 Shirley
*9 Beth
*0 Margaret

And todays quote....

If human beings had genuine courage, they'd wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.
Doug Coupland

And here comes the rain. Off to frolic outside!
Happy Monday!

Annie

o

Annie,

yes i was setting on the edge of my seat for that word! lol thanks for hosting really had fun with all your games this month!

Happy Halloween
Jayeanne

o

Melinda...heads up you are down for November.
Hopefully Maryanne will check in and see she has December.

Can't believe this year is almost over....Turkey day will be here soon and then Christmas.

November - Melinda
December - Maryanne

Jayeanne-Congratulations on the BINGO win...we play BINGO at work but I have never won. They have some really neat prizes and they e-mail our words drawn each day.

Annie-I agree with the others you are the best hostess ever. I really had fun this month and hate some others missed it.

Had a sad day today...a lot of the Florida residents left to return to Florida for the Winter. I have made so many friends when they joined our local Garden Club. Most will not return until May. I'm debating whether I am going to visit with one of them during January again. The drive was 12 hours long so I'm thinking about flying this time.

Vina-Mom is doing well, the cast is off her arm but she still struggles with walking. I went to visit her during my lunch hour and she told me to push the wheel chair close to her bed..oh no I thought this was how she fell the last time. I made sure it was way over against another wall. I don't think she will attempt to go that far to get in it.

Shirley

o

Received my prize of a wonderful dish towel today. Something my kitchen is in need of since all of mine are thin and pretty used. Thanks so much Annie.

Caprice had her second strong chemo treatment last week and did well. A little nausea and that was it. She said she has not missed much work either. They checked the tumor last week and it has significantly shrunk in size.

Elizabeth is doing fantastic and feels better than she has in a long time.

Thanks for asking.

Hope everyone is off to a good start of the week. Spent the day at work putting up three Christmas tree getting them ready for decorating tomorrow. Ugg

Margo

o

Had fun with you guys. Your are real troopers with my nutty games....and just think, there is still THE FINAL GAME...LOL!

Margo, great news for Elizabeth and Caprice!!!! Great, another little prize has made it to its winning destination. Enjoy!

Shirley, hoping yor Mom does not make THAT JOURNEY TO THAT WHEELCHAIR! And I sent you an email last night.

Vina, sent you an email this morning, along with Jayeanne.

And a reminder....if you have not had your Mammogram...make sure you do it!!!! PLEASE!!

And The Last Game, THE FINAL GAME.....for OCTOBER!

UPDATE....Last night, Boston beat St. Louis 3-1. Boston leads the series 3-2. No game tonight!!!! If Boston Wins on Wednesday, of course, that is The FINAL GAME. If St. Louis wins on Wednesday, THE FINAL GAME will be on Thursday, Halloween Evening.

And your numbers.....

*1 Vina
*2 Sue
*3 Jayeanne
*4 Beth
*5 Jayeanne
*6 Sue
*7 Margo
*8 Shirley
*9 Beth
*0 Margaret

And of, course, you have no idea what that number means....LOL!!!! I will announce the WINNER, the morning following THE FINAL GAME OF THE WORLD SERIES!! Good Luck to all!

And todays quote....well said!

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.
Alice Walker

Enjoy the day!!

Annie

o

Take me out to the ball game....Will tonight be THE FINAL GAME???? LOL!!

And your numbers.....

*1 Vina
*2 Sue
*3 Jayeanne
*4 Beth
*5 Jayeanne
*6 Sue
*7 Margo
*8 Shirley
*9 Beth
*0 Margaret

Sue sent to Margo last Thursday or Friday. Margo should be receiving soon.

Happy Day!!

Annie

o

Hi, Lovely Ladies-We are getting a wonderful rain here in SE Iowa-much needed & the temps are in the high 50's & low 60's which is very rare here this time of year. I still haven't received all plants I have ordered so these temps are fine for a little while longer.

Annie-I received my gift yesterday & thanks. Such a lovely color of green. Seems I have some color of green in every room of my home. I do so agree that you are a great Hostess & it's been fun even if I can only check in every so often. Things have slowed down some & I am thankful for that.

Glad things are going better for some of you ladies. Life does so get in the way of us doing the fun things we enjoy. I guess we need those times to appreciate the good ones.

And I am also asking-where has this year gone. I can't believe that Thanksgiving will be soon be here & it's late this year so Christmas is closer to coming. I am thankful for Christmas as it is one time of the year that people are made aware of Jesus & what He has done for us.

I see the Hostesses are named for November & December. Looking forward to what is coming up!

Have a wonderful rest of the week & thanks again, Annie, for being such a great Hostess. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hello Ladies! I have to say sorry for missing so many of these! They have been great swaps but I couldn't get my computer to post at all on the forums!
I am thrilled to say that I now have a new computer and will be definitely working on next month. I am not very creative, but will try my best to have some fun with everyone. I have missed you all. Did I say my oldest grandson bought me the computer as a surprise! Wow, it was too!
Annie, you are a hard one to follow as you always do so good!
Margo I hope your dgt. is better and what a beautiful baby boy you have!
I will post for sign-ups tomorrow.
Happy Halloween everyone!
Melinda

o

Home again. Enjoyed the wedding and all the visiting but the trip was long and we were all happy to be back home. While we were gone there was a heavy frost here. Goodby beans, tomatoes and squash and Hello to a glorious burst of color in the trees. I'll try to post a pic or two in the next few days.
Annie this has been a fun swap. Many thanks
Melinda, god to see you back. I had wondered about you
Bethb

o

My package was in the mailbox, (crammed I might add), when I got home from Chicago late last night. Thank you to Sue for a great one too. She included

Dishtowel, potholders, and oven mitt in a rooster design. I so need all of these things.
4 packages of breath saver mints, (if she knew me in person, I would think this might be a hint, LOL). I do use these at work all the time since I work with the public.
A package of tea light candles.
A calendar with waterfalls on it and although I haven't opened it to check, I do see that I have been to at least two of them that are pictured and want to see if there are others.
Seeds, sunflower, and two types of nasturtium which are my latest favorite flower.
and lastly, the cutest little clip on cardinal that is light sensored and sings when the sensor goes off. I love it.

Thanks Sue for the great package and thanks to Annie for the great swap. I had a nice time playing all month.

Margo

o

HAPPY THURSDAY!!

Melinda, so good to hear from you!!!! What a nice, loving Grandson!!!!

Margo, very nice Fabulous & Fun x four from Sue. Everyone has sent and received!!

*Sue sends to Margo.... SENT/RECEIVED

And THE FINAL GAME.....

Yes, THE FINAL GAME was last night....Tiz history!! Boston beat St. Louis 6-1 to win the World Series. Who won "WORLD SERIES BASEBALL, THE FINAL GAME"????????

Remember your numbers??? They were.....

*1 Vina
*2 Sue
*3 Jayeanne
*4 Beth
*5 Jayeanne
*6 Sue
*7 Margo
*8 Shirley
*9 Beth
*0 Margaret

Congratulations to Margo. Her number was *7 and the final score was 6-1 (and the math, 6 + 1 = 7.... LOL!)

But we have a second place winner. Sue had the *6. The winning team, Boston, scored 6 runs. Congratulations Sue!

I have one other sur-prize winner....How many "Strikeouts" would the winning team have in THE FINAL GAME? Congratulations to Beth with her *9. Yes, Boston struck out 9 times last night. !
In fact, Boston now holds the record for post season (all 16 playoff games) strikeouts at 165. In just the six games of the WORLD SERIES, St. Louis struck out Boston 59 times....9 of those last night. Lots of strikeouts by Boston and they still won!

Margo, Sue and Beth, I will email you when your little sur-prize is headed your way.

Thanks to all for playing!

Margo, three sur-prize wins for you this month...not to shabby...LOL!

FABULOUS & FUN x FOUR is a wrap...Thanks much for playing! Until next time!!

Happy Halloween....BE SAFE!!

Annie

o

Woo hoo, lucky 7. Thanks Annie.

Happy Halloween everyone. Rainy day here and trick or treat was moved from tonight until Sunday. We are supposed to get bad storms but nothing happened. It has no effect on us as we don't get anyone out here in the country anyway.

Margo

o

Margo, Sue and Beth Congratulations.....Yeah

Margo if you had not picked the number 7 I would have chosen it. It is my favorite number for God created the world in 7 days and it is the symbol of divine perfection. The whole word of God is founded upon the number seven.

Beth-Happy to hear you are home and the wedding went well.

Melinda-Nice Grandson buying you a computer....Looking forward to our next months swap.

Hi Margaret....always so nice to read your posts. I have gotten into succulents and have them all over the house and in my office at work. It has been so much fun finding the right pots to put them in.

Can't believe tomorrow is the first day of November...turkey day will be here soon.

Shirley

o

Annie---

Thank you so much for the bingo prize, rec'd in the mail today... you must have known i needed some new measuring spoons! LOL I already used them tonight...my son had his martial arts party tonight and had signed up to take some chocolate chip cookies, they came right at the perfect time! (and the cookies turned out delicious! the "extra cookies" are already gone....lol)

thanks again Annie for everything! I sure enjoyed your swap =)
Jayeanne

o

Whoop! I almost never win anything! Must have been 'cause I picked my daughters favorite number - 6

Thanks! This month has been a lot of fun!

Sue G

o

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to pop in and thank Annie for the amazing bingo prize that showed up yesterday! I just love the oven mitt! Perfect color for my kitchen and just in time for Thanksgiving!!

Thank you Annie!! Your swaps are always so much fun!

Happy November!
vina :D

o

Margo, Sue and Beth (have emailed you all)...your little surprizes (World Series Baseball, The Final Game) are on their way to you.

I don't think I have forgotten prizes on anybody...LOL. Let me know if I did! Shirley, my tracking shows you received your #2 prize (Trickster, Prank, The Joker, Scary Carrie in BINGO) last Saturday. Let me know if you did not receive!

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

o

Annie-I received my beautiful hand towel...thank you so much for all the neat prizes you sent during this swap.

Shirley

o

I received my prize in the mail - thanks so much !!

Sue G

o

Annie, I received my prize and want to say thanks.I'm already looking forward to spring so I can enjoy it.
this was a fun swap
Bethb

o

I am truly sorry I have neglected to post that my prize was waiting for me when I returned from Texas Wednesday evening. Thank you Annie for the wonderful little turtle bottle opener. What a unique item that I can add to my turtle collection. Your prizes were definitely over the top.

Thank you so much for all you did to make this swap a huge success. Margo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here