Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
getting in a round robin?

Posted by
plant.babies Zone 7-8
(gw:plant.babies) on
Sat, Sep 2, 06 at 14:52

I have successfully exchanged plants with a few people, so would like to get in on a round robin if possible.

how is that done? Should I provide references?

thank you.
pb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: getting in a round robin?

I have the same question. Do we ever have sunflower round robins? I would like to know how to become involved too.

o

I am far from an expert on this but I see your thread getting further down on the list and you both deserve some answers....(not to mention that Round Robins are so much fun and one of my favorite things to do...)!

Each Round Robin has a different set of rules, depending on what the host or hostess decides. These are posted at the start of the thread. When you look at it and decide you would like to participate you simply sign on and say "Hey, I want to join" or something to that affect. As long as your email is not blocked, the host/hostess will email you that you are in. Some Robins have everyone send seeds to the host and that person then sorts through them and sends back a whole different set to you. For these you send your seeds in a bubble pack with enough postage for the return mailing as well as a return lable. It is always best to make sure that everything has both your GW name as well as your real name because it is easy to become confused. Other Robins are monthly "box" exchanges. You give your information to the host & they pair you up with a different partner each month. You exchange a list of likes, hobbies, or dislikes and you put together a little "goodie" box that is appropriate.
I hope that this helps and by all means PLEASE just jump right in there!
By the way - gw:plant.babies - I don't see your trade page. You might want to create one so everyone can look to see what you like or have to offer. Happy Gardening! MimiB (Brenda)

o

Brenda thanks for answering that. It is good to have new people on the forum and is IS confusing.
I had originally objected to Spike lumping all group swaps and round robins together but it has worked out OK once people understand about the different kinds of swaps/RRs.
pb you are off to a good start if you have done a couple swaps on your own. It helps to learn about packing and shipping to set up a few trades and carry them out. And, Yes,posting your wants and haves and a bit about yourself and your garden helps too. To be in either a group swap OR a round robinou need to have something to trade. This is a great time of the year to be collecting seeds for RR's.
Like Brenda said, be reading and watching until you see an exchange that intrests you and then sign up.
Hope to see youtrading soon.
BB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here