Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Make new Friends Ghouls just wanna have fun #2

Posted by fishymamas z9, So. CA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 07 at 15:14

I filled up the last one, so here's the next thread.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE posting rules...

This promises to be a spirited swap! Old ghoulfriends and new ghoulfriends are welcome to sign up. I promise to include lot's of corny Halloween jokes and bad puns, and the group will supply the camaraderie.
Don't be afraid to don your best pointy hat and join in, even if you have never participated in a plant swap before.
I would love to get this one back to basics with plants and a Halloween theme as the centerpiece. Many of us suffered losses due to weather issues this year, so let's scale back from 5 plants to 4 plants required to participate. Remember that in this group sending plants is supposed to be fun! Send what you like and what you would be happy to receive and don't stress about having the newest and greatest. This is still a good time of year for most of us to plant daylilies and German iris and many perennials, and fall bulbs would be absolutely wonderful to send! If your zone limits the fall bulbs that can be grown in your area, please let me know-I will try to match you with someone who can accommodate you.
The rules:
1. You must be at least 18 to join this swap.

2. You must send at least 4 plants. With bulbs, each variety will be considered 1 plant. For example, if you send 8 tulip bulbs and 5 are Orange Emperor tulips and 3 are Queen of Night tulips, each different variety will counts as 1 plant, so that would be a total of 2 plants for purposes of the swap. Please try to send plants that relate to Halloween in some way. It could be that the name includes a Halloweeny word like witch or moon or magic or midnight; or ones that are a Halloweeny color like orange, black or purple.

3. In addition to the plants, include something scary! That could be a scary Halloween decoration, the horror paperback you just finished reading, a picture of my third grade teacher (she terrified me, and still does decades later) or anything else that conveys the spirit of the season. The trick is not to spend a lot of money on your treat, but express what you love about the season!

4. All boxes should be sent priority with delivery confirmation unless it is all fall bulbs, which will probably be fine going parcel post with delivery confirmation, which adds just 18 cents to parcel post rate.

5. Once you receive your box, please share the contents with the group. We want to share each others fun!

6. Sign ups start now and will close on Friday, September 28. I will assign partners on the 29th and we will make October 15 the absolutely last day to send your partner's box. We want to be sure that everyone has time to enjoy their scary Halloween surprise.

Sign up here and email me at poisondartfrog@myway.com. If you are new to the group, share with us a little about yourself. What do you like? What kind of plants do you grow? Do you have a family, pets, hobbies? Pictures are welcome.

This should be fun!
Alana

o
RE: UPDATE: Make new Friends Ghouls just wanna have fun #2

lol I think we are talking about ghoulie things eh?

With fox since he is a vfm the chief of the fire dept took him in. Sheesh talk about a work a holic though he had the phone line in the er directed to him regarding work, now at that point I walked out and said deal with it.

Then for two weeks sorry but no pity party from me. He was to have been pall bearer at his uncles funeral the day he ended up in the er. But sorry I do draw the line and I do laugh alot.

o

My hubby had kidney stones last year and I did have to call the ambulance.I thought he was dying(he acted like it anyway).But when it came to birthing the babies the whole deal scared him to death.He was really worried about me.He knows better than to say anything about women in that aspect.He says he could never be a woman.I agree.But no more babies for me, only grandbabies. Oh, by the way anytime is okay by me for the quiz....got my thinkin cap on already!!!

o

Hey ghoulfiends,
Tomorrow is the last day for sign ups and partners will be posted on Saturday.
I have the quiz ready; 13 varied questions, but all relate to Halloween in some way. The first to post the greatest number of correct answers wins.
I will post the quiz with instructions at noon on Saturday unless someone that wants to play tells me that won't work. If evening or Sunday is better, just let me know.

o

Okay, ladies! I have changed my gardenweb email. Can you all please change my email addy in your address books to beckilovegw@yahoo.com? I would appreciate it. I'll have a little more privacy that way. Thanks for all your support through this!

I had Dylan, William and Elizabeth scheduled for dental appointments this afternoon. Dylan was supposed to be outside right after school waiting for me, only I got there, and he wasn't there. I waited for about 10 minutes, and tried his cell over and over, but he never showed up, so since we were running late by that time, I just took the other kids. He had forgotten, and gone right to football practice. This in addition to the fact that he missed the bus for his game earlier this week, by losing track of time, is getting pretty frustrating! I had a pretty heavy talk with him after I picked him up, about remembering things.

Then, at the dentist, we found out that Elizabeth is missing two of her adult teeth. The bicuspids on the bottom are not there. So, they said her baby teeth are all she'll have down there, and she needs to take REALLY good care of them. Great! Plus she needs to see an ortho. In fact, all 3 of them need to see orthos - and I can't find one that takes medical assitance. So, looks like we will have to go almost 2 hours away to the dental school at U of I to do that. I'll try to call them tomorrow and see if I can set up an appt. Probably a long wait for that. Oh, well!

Okay, off to work some more on our late supper! I don't know why I planned a big meal of roasted chicken and mashed potatoes, knowing I wouldn't be home until after 5:00 today? It ended up being around 6:00, as Dave told Lily I would take her to the playground! : ) Fun, fun! We'll just be eating really late! : )

Boy, I can't wait to lose myself in Grey's Anantomy tonight! (Though I really wanted to see CSI as well! - Isn't that horrible?!)

o

OOOH, I can not wait for the quiz! Noon eastern Time? I'm going to get it! I hope! Watch, one of the kids will fall out of a tree or something and I'll miss it! LOL!

o

whooohooo Eastern Time @ Noon, that means it will be 11 am my time whooohoo.

Tracy don't say something like that cause if I falla outta a tree Imma gonna blame you for making me miss the quiz just so you would win!!!!
Myspace Graphics - Tinkerbelle

o

Ooooooh. This might get ugly!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
You don't skeer me

lol you just think you scare the ghostes outta me don't ya????Halloween Cliparts

o

OMGoodness! You two sillies! LOL! NO, I was asking if it was Eastern Time, I don't know if it is or not! Jeeze, Pixie I wasn't going to knock you out of a tree! LOL! I just was saying that my kids will have some calamity befall them and then I will miss my shot! LOL! Crazy pixie! LMBO! I think it's the bunny you have to worry about! Look at her! She is already knocking heads and taking no prisoners! Psycho! LOL

o
Smiles

lmao the bunny skeers me lmao anything that sweet and innocent looking that can change like that hmmm makes me wonder lmao

I know what ya meant silly Tracy lmao but NO calamity's just cause its close to Halloweenie time lol

o
mosquitos

someone PLZZZZ come here and get rid of these mosquitos for meeeee!!! I promise their bitie thingies grow stronger each year!!!!

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPixie, I'm sending some bug spray your way! Bunny! Thats one scary pumpkin man! I can't wait till Sat.Really...will it be eastern or central? Okay, now I'm confused.

o

whooohooo Thanks Letha, I'd appreciate that. I haven't forgotten about ya girlie girl either. You and I have the same zone plants I know I am just slow really slow sometimes.

Yes that is a scary punkin man sheesh gonna hide my jack o's now, they may end up punkin pies after he visits!

o

Eek, It's the Great Killer Pumpkin Bunny, Charlie Brown! Run, Run for your lives! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Dang! Too late, she got me!

o
Silly men

So I'm waiting for my 7 PM class to start and my cell buzzes. I check it, see it's hubby's assistant, and wonder if he's ok... "Do you realize your old man's strutting around the office like he just designed the Louve?" and then proceedes to tell me it's muy discouraging to the 25 year olds when my hubby walks in with fresh hickies, and they can't even get a date (yes assistant is laughing at the interns now), and asks for my professional opinion of what to tell these students for morale uplifting "uhhhh, in 10 years they too can afford a wife half thier age?"
Apperantly hubby is now on the hook for bringing the boys a cheesecake for showing off. (I wonder how they get anything built around the place too).

o

Eastern. That's Eastern time. I am glad you guys will not be in a room together!

o

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o
Hydrangeas

Ladies... would any of you be interested in some hydrangeas I have? They just don't survive well in this heat and drought. If you have any heat-tolerant plants for exchange, please let me know! I'm primarily interested in sending my hydrangeas to areas colder than my region or to gardeners who have had success with hydrangeas in warmer climates. I'd hate for them to die.

Post here or email me. Thanks!

o

Good Morning All;
Klick sent me some hydrangeas which I received yesterday. They were very healthy and I am very excited about what they will do here. I looked them up on the internet and the cost to replace these was amazing. Thanks Klick, diene

o

Thanks for the recommendation, diene... I have 3 more plants that were supposed to go to another member, but she never replied to the last email. So I still have them! Have fun growing them, girl!

o

Ummm, er, Klick, who was that you were eating? It wasn't me I hope. I'm too young to end up in a gator's belly! Not to mention it looks dark and spooky down there! Yick! LOL!

Hey, I would love some of your hydrangea but I just bought some at an end of season sale a few weeks ago and don't have any room left for them. I would love to give them a good home but just can't. Sorry girlie!

Thanks for the heads up on the time zone, Alana! I wonder what would happen if we were all in the same room, Hmmmm. Oops, or did you mean Mr. and Mrs. Fishy? LOL! I think we know what would happen there!

o

Hey now...I'm not even playing in this swap, remember??? :O)
But that doesn't mean I can't be lurking on the sidelines...waiting to gobble up those who stray too far.............(..evil laugh & psyco music...)......

A-Hem. On a brighter...MUCH happier note...I had my digital phone installed today! Yippy for HOT HOT HOT cable guys!!! Wooo-hooo!!!! I should have cable services installed much more often!! LOL Seriously, they double teamed me today. How lucky could a girl get? 2 super tall, super dark & handsome deep voiced guys, in tight jeans & black t's...crawling around my floor, bending over to reach stuff they'd dropped.............SIGH...........And then...one of them WINKED at me!
Okay.
So it's been more than a week for me. So what. I'm allowed to oogle once in a while, ain't I???? :O)
And they were probably laughing at the fact that I hadn't brushed my hair this morning and was still working on my first cup of coffee. In yesterday's jeans & a dirty shirt.

Yep. I"m one big lump of bunny fluff in the mornings. LOL

o

OMG - You are so funny, Melissa! I'll bet they were so hot! You lucky gal! I'm sure you looked hot as can be in your dirty clothes and unbrushed hair! There's nothing as good as that bedroom look still wearing clothes you had on last night! Mmm... wish we all could have been there to watch as well! Lucky, lucky bunny!!!!!

o
Mmmmmmm....Cable guys....

Here, Becki! I snapped a picture for ya!!! :O)

o

Yeah, and here is a picture of the other one! ROFL! I am gonna tell on you! LOL! Eyeballing those poor YOUNG men, you old Fart! LOL! I bet you were doing a little winking of your own, now weren't ya? Battin those purdy blue eyes! Hee hee hee!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Ok my fellow Ghoulies!! I have been so busy I didnt have time to post... But thought I better let cha know that I have gotten out me special potions and workin up some sassy stuff to help me with the quiz !!! So ya best have on your pointy toes shoes and have your broom's all gased up and ready!!! LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketQ. Why do demons and ghouls hang out together? A. Because demons are a ghouls best friend!

Paula

o

Woo Hoo!! I found an ortho closer that takes our insurance!!! It's in Des Moines, so only about 1 hour away! Yipee!!! As they are the only one around here that takes it, they are booked really full, but gave me an appointment for in February. I don't care that it's that long! I'm just glad we got in!!! Yes!!! (Can you tell I've been trying to get this worked out for a while?!) Every time I take Dylan to the dentist, he says, we talked about the fact that you need to get him in to see an ortho, right? And every time I say, yes, but I can't find one that will take medical assitance. Finally - they suggested this guy - they had their doubts, but thought MAYBE they did, and they do!!! Yay - my kids are going to get the ortho work done that they need!!!!!!!

o

Q: What kind of coffee does Dracula drink?
A: DeCOFFINated
SmileyCentral.com

o
Social Engineering

So since hubby and I run our respective workplaces, we discussed having a joint holiday dinner for our 2 small companies, which are split along gender lines (my assistant is male, they've 1 female admin). Seems the boys at his office have no idea how to meet women, and last year I was one of 2 girls in the room, where most of my staff are single mothers (free tuition is a perk they really enjoy). lol hubby has asked me to let you know, he was a perfectly respectable old man, untill he started courting me. (I'd call him "dull" before then, but sticks and stones...) Still with him losing his leg, and nearly passing on, and my losing my husband, we decided to enjoy life.

o

Okay...well, it was all good until I went outside and noticed that they had squished 3 of my lilies FLAT.
*sigh*
I guess that's my punishment for oogling. Oh well, it was worth it. :O) That was some nice hiney. :O)

YAY! Becki, I'm so happy for you & the kids!! William just got his braces in August, and since no one around here takes ArKids, we simply had to fork over the $10k (payments for the next 5 years! ouch!) because he needed the work done SO badly! It was very nearly medically necessary, b'c his jaws don't line up, and his mouth was way too small for his teeth. Gets that from me, I had to have 5 permanent teeth removed, just so they'd fit (and they are STILL crowded).

BUT there is no better feeling as a parent than getting your kids the help they need, that's for sure!! No matter what the cost, it's SO worth it!! :O)

Fishy- I LOVE the fact that you & your hubby are so....hhmm...I would say horny..but that might just be plain rude...LOL Really, though...I like to see married couples that can't keep their hands off each other! It's sooooo sweet! LOL :O) Nothing better than seeing a happily married man with love bites! YOU GO GIRL!!!! :O)

o

Is it safe to come out yet? Any more hickies, hineys or hornies? Sheeze!

Fishy: I think a joint party would be great. Not to mention, aside from the possible match making, you will more than likely get a better price on the meal that you provide. The more guests, the better the per plate price. Not to mention you have only one night to spend with everyone. You will gain one more evening for yourselves during the mad holiday season. All perks in my book.

Becki, that is great news! I am very happy for you. We tried the dental school at Case Western Reserve and it was a very long drawn out process. There was an appointment for the xray, another for the exam, then another for a cleaning, then another for the extraction, not to mention the final follow up. This was when ed lost a crown and the tooth had broken further and was lost in the gum. Because he would have to keep missing work, and he is self employed, we would have lost more than we saved by going through the school's dental health program. I am very happy that you found someone. Goodness knows that it will be the middle of winter before we all know it so the wait really isn't too bad.

o

I use the word "enthauastic", he had been married before and it was an absloute wreck (we were friends at the time, and it was like watching a plane crash at the air show, nothing you can do, but it's just too awful to watch). He had turned 30, decided it was time to get married, and litteraly married the 1st women he dated, unfortunatly she was far more interested in his family's cash than in him, and it was just awful, I think the low was when she showed up drunk at a church picnic and started screaming obsenities at him. (his mum and my granny have attened mass together since I was 8, they're the little ladies that set up the potlicks, etc.) So after such a miserable experiance he had decided to live out life as "uncle Steve" and stay single. His divorce was final a few weeks before I had Erik, and it was the scandal of the town as my husband had passed only 9 months before (I was 3 days pregnant when he was killed, we'd just started trying for a baby), so many people assumed way too much there. Steve jokes that he had to marry me to make me a "respectable lady" (HA!). He's still dealing with some issues relating to being married to a strong woman who has her independance (he thinks he wanted a stay at home wife, I pointed out he HAD a wife who sat at home, watched trash TV and made him miserable, and that he's happier with a wife who's a partner, so long as his 1950's idealised family isn't in the way). He's learning.

o
Cultural differances

To clarify, they had no kids, and his exwife spent 5 years at home doing nothing but watching TV, chain smoking, and sleeping around (she told people that he was impotent and "didn't mind"). He really had to get over nice ladies don't do idea though, he grew up in this town (pretty consertive) and I grew up in SF (litterally passing tranny hookers on the way to school). So the 10 year age differance is magnified by that cultural change.

o

I can relate with the cultural differences a bit, Fishy. I'm actually older than my husband, and we did live just down the road from each other, but we were raised entirely different. He NEVER saw his mom & stepdad show affection. They never even kissed in front of the kids! My parents, on the other hand...brought new meaning to the term PDA. They are always kissing, hugging, butt slapping...You name it..! Didn't matter who it was in front of, either! It was not unusual for me to walk into the living room and see them on the couch...making out like teenagers.
It took my hubby YEARS to get used to that...and for YEARS, I would ask him..."don't your parents LOVE each other???" LOL
You would never realize it now, but he used to be VERY shy. Now, he's always ALWAYS calling me lover or hotstuff (in front of my parents, no less! or in Walmart!! Yelling it across the isles!!) and slapping the hiney...... LOL..first time he did that in front of my dad (about 5 years ago!), my dad says...SON, Now..that's my DAUGHTER your groping, there!..Do it harder, she needs a bigger slap than that!....

Oh goodness. And THAT would be why we have 5 kids. It's all my parents fault. :O)

o

Here is the list of scary swappers I have. Kindly review it to make sure I have not left anybody out. I will check back in the morning for changes before I post senders.
debbya
kalena
becki
medo
sandy
pixie
tracy
letha
diene
dirt
fishy
paya
klickitat
poison

o

Screech! Too excited! The list is coming! Clapping my wings in anticipation. Going to tell all my friends! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Nutbunny! you married a hunk AND he's younger than you, girl...you better use it and abuse it while you can! woohoo, you go girl! Get it while ya can! lol I am so seriously just kidding, lol! But lets face it, when it's gone.... its never quite the same, lol, unless you have a very close relationship with your dh, then you can work it all out.

You nee dot go get happy! lol

Sassy

o
~*+*~Medontdo Mail~*+*~

omg! buncha horn doggers! LOL :~) i always wondered why you had so
many kids, besides your so pretty! do hydrangea's smell good? my
little ghouls are now officially out of school! homeschooling starts
monday. we haw! the principal was fine about it all and gave the kids
a shirt. said if it don't go the way planned they are more than
welcome back in the same class. i won't put talla back in! i will
take pics and post of a cool fall/halloween things. :~)
Medontdo/Michele

Just for you new folks, the above message is from Michele/GW Id:Medontdo. Currently her internet service isn't quite working right but she can still send and receive emails. I have been copying the posts for her and emailing them to her. She emails me any postings that she would like me to put on here for her. I told her that partners are going on tomorrow and she is ready to go! It worked pretty well on the last thread so we're giving it a go again this way! Any confusion, just ask, I'll sort it out for you.

Klick, the hydrangea question is to you. Michele is in Kansas so they would work well in her zone.
Smiles!
Tracy

o

omg! buncha horn doggers! LOL :~)

Lol, mssss Tracy! Its good to be bad once in awhile! lol

lol, nite girls, jeeezzzzzzzzz Jerry has given me his cold and its hit hard in the last couple of hours. Need my pillow.

Have a good nite.
Sassy

o

Good night Miss Sassers! Feel better, stop mooching on that hubby and you won't have these troubles! Sleep tight!

Tracy

o

Here it is! The list. Let me know if anything looks off.
Sandy, your box is going on a secret mission, please email me for the mysterious details.

debbya to kalena
kalena to diene
becki to medo
medo to paya
letha to poison
poison to pixie and sandy
pixie to tracy
tracy to letha
klickitat to debbya
diene to becky
dirt to klickitat
fishy to dirt
paya to fishy
sandy to ?

o

Yippee! I get to send to Michele!!! Hope you all have a great morning! I've got a busy one with a couple soccer games. I don't think I'll be back by 11, in fact I'm quite certain of it, but I'll check on here as soon as I am and see if there is a winner yet! Have fun, girls!!

Becki

o
Diene

Oh - and Diene, if you still have them, I would love a hydrangea too!! I got one for mother's day this year, but I think it got some sort of disease, because it is only about an inch tall now!

o

Yes, I am in and looking forward to this....happy planting and haunting to all....

o

Hello Becki;
I was the recipient of the hydrangeas from klickatit. She is looking for homes for hers and the ones she sent me are great. Contact her if you are interested.
What I know about the hydrangeas that they sell for holidays is they tend not to be hardy and die. The ones I received from klick were certainly hardy and will probably still be blooming long after both of us are gone. Hydrangeas last a very long time.
I do not think I have your address becki, can you send it to me. Thanks. diene

o

39 mins & counting

o

OOOOOH! I get to send to Letha! Rubbing my hands in wicked glee! Now, I have a victim! Woowee! I'm cooking up something Good!

o

Let the cat fight begin!!!!

Be nice & play fair, girls!!!!!
And send out those boxes quick! I can't wait to see what everyone gets!!!! :O)

o
Ruh Roh

eeek! Be afraid! it is the boxing bunny cat! Run!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
I'm READY!!

Bring IT ON!!!!
SmileyCentral.com

o
hmmm

Who's all playing?

o
Another Contender

Dang! I just knew you were gonna show up Dirty Girl! Now I gotta answer REAL quick!

o

Whew! I almost did not make it home on time!
Have fun with the quiz! All of the questions relate to something spooky, real or imaginary.

Quiz Rules
The first person to submit the highest number of correct answers wins the prize, a fan of daylily Colorado Moon Fire. You can find answers from whatever resources you have: Ask a monster, phone a fiend, consult the Oracle; whatever works for you. Post your answers on the forum as soon as you have them to establish a timeline.

1.More Monopoly games have been sold in the US than any other board game. Which game is the number two seller, even outselling Monopoly in Salem for two consecutive years?

2.Name the goddess of witches who was the "lead" witch in Macbeth.

3.What vegetable was used to make the first Jack'O'Lanterns?

4.What do all months that begin on a Sunday have in common?

5.What cult classic film is this famous line from? "They're coming to get you, Barbara!"

6.Halloween has it's origin with Celtic culture. These European people occupied Gaul (parts of Britain, Spain, Ireland and France) about 2000 years ago. What was the name of their pre-Christian priests?

7.What was the name of the very first Werewolf movie?

8.What famous escape artist died on Halloween, 1926?

9.Pumpkins grow on every continent but one. Which one?

10.Who does Charlie Brown's friend Linus write to, asking him to bring toys on Halloween?

11.What is a fear of Halloween called?
A: Phasmophobia
B: Samhainophobia
C: Wiccaphobia
D: Halloweenophobia

12.Often played at Halloween, which song was a hit for Bobby "Boris" Pickett and the Crypt- Kickers in 1973?

13.Who wrote the novel "The Witching Hour"?

o

1.ouija board 2.hecate 3.turnip 4.will contain fri 13 5.night of the living dead 6. druids 7.the wewewolf of london by universal 1935 8.Harry Houdini 9. antarctica 10.The Great Pumpkin 11.B 12.Monster mash 13 John Colapinto

o

1 Chess
2 Hecate
3 Turnips
4 Friday the 13th
5 Night of the living dead
6 Druids
7 The Wolf Man
8 Houdini
9 antarctica
10 the great pumpkin
11 B
12 The Monster Mash
13 James Gunn

o

1 quija
2Hecate
3turnip
4friday 13th
5night of living dead
6druids
7the werewolf
8Harry houdini
9Antartica
10great pumpkin
11b
12monster mash
13 tania del rio

o
she beat me!

Ah! Letha! Now I have to stick some rubber poo in your box! LOL! Hm, we have couple of different answers...

o
whats correct for # 13?

hmmm looks like mostly the same answers except # 13

o

1.More Monopoly games have been sold in the US than any other board game. Which game is the number two seller, even outselling Monopoly in Salem for two consecutive years? ouija
2.Name the goddess of witches who was the "lead" witch in Macbeth. Hecate
3.What vegetable was used to make the first Jack'O'Lanterns? turnip
4.What do all months that begin on a Sunday have in common? They have four full weeks.
5.What cult classic film is this famous line from? "They're coming to get you, Barbara!" Night of the Living Dead
6.Halloween has it's origin with Celtic culture. These European people occupied Gaul (parts of Britain, Spain, Ireland and France) about 2000 years ago. What was the name of their pre-Christian priests? druids
7.What was the name of the very first Werewolf movie? Werewolf, The (1913) llong lost silent directed by Henry MacRae.
8.What famous escape artist died on Halloween, 1926? Harry Houdini
9.Pumpkins grow on every continent but one. Which one? Antarctica
10.Who does Charlie Brown's friend Linus write to, asking him to bring toys on Halloween? Great Pumpkin
11.What is a fear of Halloween called?

12.Often played at Halloween, which song was a hit for Bobby "Boris" Pickett and the Crypt- Kickers in 1973? Monster Mash
13.Who wrote the novel "The Witching Hour"? Anne Rice

o

OHHHH IM LATE, IM LATE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE!!! WHOOOHOOO I SEND TO TRACY!!! SKEERY SKEERY SKEERY!!!

o
more stuff just wanna have fun #2

Hello all;
the answer to 11 was B not sure why that did not come through. I think I won!! diene

o
answers

I'm pretty sure I got that wrong.I think I know the right answer now:(

o
woo hoo!

Look at all of the players! Yay! How fun is this?! I'm Giddy! LOL! I keep looking up the authors and there is a book by that name for all of them so far. LOL! Pixie, you're scared? I'm terrified of what I'll find when I open that box! There might be a dog in it! LOL!

o

1. oiuja board
2 medea
3 turnip
4 friday the 13th
5 night of the living dead
6 druids
7 the werewolf
8 houdini
9 antartica
10 the great pumpkin
11 b
12 monster mash
13 anne rice

These are my answers. I took a long time though, I'm afraid to hit the submit button! lol

o
I'm with you

Karen! Too funny, I was too! LOL! The decision between being right and being fast! Which to choose? Judging by all the ouija boards I got #1 wrong! LOL

o
fun,fun,fun!!!

Whew! That was fun! Rubber pooh? WhooHoo! Okay,I've got too much adrenalin pumping.

o
Anxious

My heart is pounding in anticipation!

o
lol!

Who else keeps hitting the refresh button besides me?

o
RE: UPDATE: make new Friends Ghouls just wanna have fun #2

Aww darn!! lol, Looks like I got 1 or 2 wrong anyway. This was a lot of fun poison!! I've learned a few things to boot! Congrats to the winner!

o
lolololol

MEEEEEE

o

yes, I'm hitting that refresh button also!! I told my kids I would only be on for a 1/2 an hour...I can't believe they haven't called me on that yet!! Hey, whose computer is this anyway??? lol

o

ok here is my go at it.
1. Risk is the # 2 selling board game in the US after Monopoly in modern history but Ouija was is the original second runner up after Monopoly
2. Goddess of Chaos, Hecht, Hecate was the lead in McBeth
3. Turnip
4. Friday the 13th
5 Night of the Living Dead "Johnny to Barbara"
6. Druids
7. Werewolf of London
8 Harry Houdini
9. Antartica
10 The Great Pumpkin
11. Samhainophobia
12 Monster Mash
13, there are several the one I am going to put is Jeph Loeb and Chris Bachalo, it was also the first book in Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches Triology

o

No kidding, Karen. My kiddo's keep coming in asking for snacks and juice and everything under the sun! LOL! It is hard to keep typing answers when they are wanting the mama! LOL! Lucky girl!

o
Should have

lmao sheesh I SHOULD have hit the refresh button lmao, when i did finally omg there were tons of posts lmao

o
Spiders and cobwebs

lmao Tracy, I need to get rid of one of our taranchulas lol

o

You guys are good! I expected it to take much longer and I did not expect everyone to get so many of them right! Talk about a photo finish! Never underestimate your ghoulfiends, is the lesson from that. It appears that everyone missed one, two at the most.
Letha missed number 7. "The Werewolf" was the VERY first werewolf movie. It was a silent film. "The Werewolf of London" was not the very first werewolf movie, but it was the very first "talkie": that is one wrong. She gave an answer I did not have for number 13, but if John Calapinto wrote a novel called the Witching Hour, I believe she wins as the first person to submit answers with only one wrong. I looked online and could not find it...Letha please help me verify the book and you are the winner! If not we will go down the list timewise with folks who just missed one.
I am counting on you all to review it and let me know if I am correct. I hope you had fun!

Here are the answers I had:
1.More Monopoly games have been sold in the US than any other board game. Which game is the number two seller, even outselling Monopoly in certain years?
A. Ouija
2.Name the goddess of witches who was the "lead" witch in Macbeth.
A. Hecate
3.What vegetable were used to make the first Jack'O'Lanterns?
Turnips.
4.What do all months that begin on a Sunday have in common?
A. They always have a Friday the 13th in them.
5.What cult classic film is this famous line from? "They're coming to get
you, Barbara!"
A. Night of the Living Dead
6.Halloween has it's origin with Celtic culture. These European people
occupied Gaul (parts of Britain, Spain, Ireland and France) about
2000 years ago. What was the name of their pre-Christian priests?
A. Druids
7.What was the name of the very first Werewolf movie?
A. The Werewolf, 1913 (The Werewolf of London, 1935 was the first "talkie")
8.What famous escape artist died on Halloween, 1926?
A. Harry Houdini
9.Pumpkins grow on every continent but one. Which one?
A. Antarctica
10.Who does Charlie Brown's friend Linus write to, asking him to bring toys on Halloween?
A. The Great Pumpkin
11.What is a fear of Halloween called? B
A: Phasmophobia
B: Samhainophobia
C: Wiccaphobia,
D: Halloweenophobia
12.Often played at Halloween, which song was a hit for Bobby "Boris" Pickett and the Crypt-Kickers in 1973?
"Monster Mash"
13.Who wrote the novel "The Witching Hour"?
Anne Rice or Stephen Krensky or James Gunn

o
answers

No,I got #13 wrong.I researched a little more after my frantic answering and Rice is what I came up with.

o
you better not!

Pixie, if you send me a big hairy live bug I will get you! Don't you dare! Yuck! I can't handle the wolf spiders we have here! They are bad enough!

o
RE: UPDATE: make new friends Ghouls just wanna have fun #2

Well Ghouls, I have to leave the fun for awhile. One of the kids got wise to me, and wants their turn on the computer....sigh.....I guess I'll be checking in later.....maybe if I pout and mope they'll feel sorry for me. Yeah Right!! lol I'll be back later. Had a lot of fun with this Poison!!!

o
Poor Karen!

Omgosh! Karen, pouting, making the boo boo face! LOL! The kids won't let that work on them! They are the masters of the pout! See ya soon!

o
Someone has a BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!!

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

PARTY TIME TOMORROW, STARTING WHENEVER AND LASTING FOREVER

o

I'm next in line with only ONE wrong!

o

Okay Goulies,I got to go.I get to scrape and paint,scrape and paint...We have a house to get ready to sell. So Hi- Ho,Hi-Ho its off to work I go.You ladies have a fun time.I did.See ya later...LethaPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
Dirt!

Lucky dirty girl!

o

Looks like dirt is the winner. Anyone have a different idea?

I still don't have all of your addresses, so I am going to let each of you send the person who is sending to you the address and cut out the middleman-except our prize winners of course. I will need those addresses.

We have one more game to play in this swap for another prize. It will be just one question and everyone will have 24 hours to submit their answer.
Look for that posting on Wednesday evening.

You guys are great! Smart, enthusiastic, good sports, one and all. That makes it all fun!

o
More Games!!!

Alana! This was such a fun game! Thanks so much! Can't wait till Wednesday for Round 2! Congratulations, April! Way to Go!!!!

o

Sent ya e-mail Alana!

o

WHOOOHOOO WAY TO GO DIRT!!! Great Game Alana!!!

o

diene... thanks for the promo on my hydrangeas. :) I worked last night, and wasn't able to reply until now. Heck, I'm still groggy!

Because of that... is there ANYBODY interested in the hydrangeas for exchange? Please LMK. Thanks!

On with the games! I can't wait to get this swap going!!!

o

KLICK:

Good Morning! Have a cup of Joe, grab a danish! Michele/Medontdo is interested in them, her question was, "are they fragrant". I do her posting for her because her internet is down but she can still email from her cell phone. She is in Kansas so i am sure they will do well there. Would you like her email? She won't mind if I send it on to you.

Tracy

o

Ghouls,
I got an email from dirt, explaining that diene was technically correct on all of her answers.
I had recognized that she was, but because her answer to the question about months beginning with Sunday did not relate to anything spooky that I could discern, I discounted it.
Dirt thinks Diene wins, and that is fine with me! Diene, if I don't have it already, please send me your address so that I can mail your prize.
Thanks again for being such a generous and thoughtful group!

o

Tracy... you rawk! Thanks for the update... do you have a danish for me? *drool*

Please let Michele know that I'd be happy to exchange my plants for hers! If you send me her email addy I'll contact her directly. :)

Also, a wonderful box arrived yesterday from you!!!!

Ok, girls. Sorry for no personals from me, yet. I'm still trying to get a feel of the group. So far I LIKE IT!! You chickies are krazy!

Time to go clean the messy kitchen............

o

Oh, I am so sorry for reading that wrong, Diene! Looks like you all had fun! Congratulations, Diene! I can't wait for the next game! Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Becki

Oh - whose birthday is it tomorrow? I can't find that!

o

Hello All;
Had to go earlier but I think my answer about the Sunday's stunk, I was not bright enough to make the leap for the friday the thirteenth so I think we can let dirt win. I have no idea whose birthday is tomorrow, are we supposed to know?
Klick and Becki both have me confused but that is not hard. Becki if you want hydrangeas, klick has great ones looking for a home.
Klick it sounds like Medo would also take some so you should be able to find them homes and maybe score some stuff that works better for you.
It is getting much colder here, fall is setting in and the dahlias should be dying back soon. I will get your box out then. Thanks to all. diene

o

As you wish diene, dirt is the champion!

Don't forget to send your addresses to your senders so that everyone can get their boxes going. I was reluctant to put such a set in stone deadline for mailing, but I want to be sure that everyone has a chance to enjoy their booty for Halloween.

Sandy is the only one that can't go ahead and mail her box if she is ready. She will have to wait until after Thursday....more on that later.
Have a good evening!
Alana

o

Klick! you are funny! No, YOU RAWK! LOL! And, er, um, I didn't send you a box, I wish I did, but, I didn't! Sorry, go fish! I will email you next with Michele's email addy. As for the danish, I am sorry to say that I do not have any today. I am making eggs, bacon, sausage, homefries, and cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow though, would you like to come over? Be here at 10!

Alana, I am grateful for the deadline! I am hoping to get a few more goodies to put in my box to Letha. Hoping they come on Monday! That way I can just tuck it in with what is ready and let her rip! Woo Hoo! Almost ready! Hm, I wonder if they make fragrant fake dog doo? I'll have to check on that! heh heh heh! LOL!

April! Congratulations once again!

Diene, Congratulations to you for being such a fabulous lady!

o
The Birthday Ghoul!

Oh, and the Secret Birthday Ghoul will be revealed by Miss Pixie later! Hee hee! Of course if everyone who's birthday it is not posts and says "not me" then you all can figure it out. LOL!

o

Woo Hoo - I figured it out! I figured it out! Not me!! But I know who!!!

o
Becki!

Did you cheat and peak? You little stinker bug! LOL!

o

lmao Becki surely you didn't cheat did you?????

hmmm well invitations are open to all that want to come party with the Birthday Girl! I will wait til it gets closer to tell who it is, although secrets are whispering Im sure!!!!

She is going to enjoy a very special DAY tomorrow!

o

Oh, I gotta have fun sometimes!! But I wouldn't cheat! I'm not a cheater! I just did some "research"!! That's allowed, isn't it?? I'm up for a party (though I'll be watching some serious football tomorrow too!)

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketDirt,way to go ghoulie! I know who is having a Birthday tomorrow,but I'll keep it a secret... Tracy,should I be afraid?!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Did I hear something about another contest? YEAH!!

o

Yes, Letha, you should be very afraid! I am cooking up a spell to put on your computer! Watch out!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok! Research is not cheating! LOL! I'll let it slide! LOL!

o

I got dirty!..... that sounded wrong, I send to dirty! I've been at an all-day teaching conferance on the montessori method, so I'm wiped, out (got 4 hrs of sleep before I had to drive into San Diego for it). I'm off to bed, I'll be charming and witty tomorrow.

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketOh No! I better get outta here!!! Night all..see you ghouls tomorrow.

o

glitter-graphics.com

Goodnight Everybody!

o
How does your garden grow?

No, not a cheesy pick up line!

Thought it would help our swap buddies if we clued them into what we got going on now, or if there's anything you simply can not stand.

I've 2 distinct gardens, the veggie patch for the preschool center, and a flower swath currently with glads, daylillies, dahlias, calla lillies, and other bulbing, low-fuss plants. Some annual cottage garden flowers and vines grow in/around them. I really love passionflowers and anything viney (mostly to hide the ugly chain link fences that circle the preschool building).

o
happy birthday alana

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY ALANA!!!

o

Happy birthday, Poisondartfrog Alana! Love that GW name - the poison dart frog temporary tattoos are eagerly snatched up by my young piano students, especially the boys.

Hope you have a wonderful day, a great year ahead, and a pile of fun hosting this swap!

o

Alana ,Happy Birthday& I hope you......
April /dirt_under_my_nails

o

Thanks ladies! How in the heck did you know? Your detective skills must be why you did so well with the Halloween quiz!

Yesterday I received a bottle of champagne, a bottle of sherry and a case of Guinness from different friends to mark the day. I guess when you turn 50, people think you need to spend the day drinking?

For all of you have not yet crossed over to AARP, I feel the same as I did yesterday. Oh, the arthritis in my little fingers may be acting up a little and maybe I need to get a stronger pair of reading glasses, but all in all, I don't feel any different.

My family is taking me out later. More alcohol. If I am going to drink all this today, I better get started!
Have a great day!
Alana

o

Happy, happy birthday, Alana! What an exciting birthday!! Yippee!!! Boy, you DO have some drinking to do! Wow! I hope you have a spectacular day!!!!! You deserve it!
Becki

o

Happy birthday, Miss Alana!!! Have a good one!!! :O)

Wow, you girls took no prisoners, did ya??? Flingin' doo-doo left and right, too?! Eeek, remind me to stay clear of here on Wednesday!!!!! :O)

o

Here's to a wonderful day Alana!!
ZWANI.com - The place for myspace comments, glitters, graphics, backgrounds and codes
Happy Birthday Graphic Comments

o

Morning Ladies!!

Well I got my cleaning done before early service whooohooo. Now I have got Sourdough rising and making Lemon Bars YUMMY and going to make Basil Jelly when fox gets back from Wally World. Later this afternoon I am going to make another couple loaves of SD Bread and maybe some lemon icebox cookies. THEN I AM GOING TO ALANA'S TO HELP HER CELEBRATE WITH THE LIQUIDS! LOL

Hope everyone has a great day. WOW all the pretty graphics!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

glitter-graphics.com

I hope you have a really great day today! Have tons of fun! I'll be sending you a tube of ben-gay for those old joints! :0)

Tracy

o
Happy day!

Wow, seems they are planning some kind of drunken breakdown for you Poi. Nope the AARP hasn't found me yet, but social security sends me a lovely chart each year of what I'm worth dead. Ok I'm wrapping up my shopping today, but I need dirt's addy.
I was the first of my friends to turn 18, they all asked me what it was like... hmmm... I can now vote for some guy no one likes, and get capital punishment... not too grand.

o
did I do it right?

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALANA!!!

o
logo

What do you girls think... do we need a logo? The other group here has one. I helped create it. Good idea? :)

o

I think that would be awesome Klick!

o

Quick design... please be kind...

o
An Excellent Idea!

Klick! That is sooooo SWEET! I love it! Perfection! I love the sepia tones, and the red check dresses and shoes pop so nicely! Not being kind here, telling the truth!

It has my vote.
Tracy

o
Spongemom Grumpypants.

The haircut on the left is the one my mum forced me to get in the 80's... not kind on a plump child. Then again I'm moody today, Hubby and I had a discussion about his exwife last PM, got me in a funk (she thinks she should get more money, now that he's making more, I'm really not interested in funding her beer and smokes while she sits in an apartment we pay for and drives a car I bought all day). And, no before you ask, I was bright enough to keep my assets in my name, and the business as well, so she can't touch that. He wants to settle, I say we already did and she'll just keep comming back for more money. He suggests we just buy her a house outright (he owns a small plot in the city, from when his brother passed, he's suggesting he deed it over and stick a small cottage on there). I'm just not interested in funding more of her "retirement" (she's only 49 for goodness sakes) The woman hasn't worked in over a decade, they were only married 4 years, really she doesn't have any excuse beyond "He remarried a woman 1/2 my age", it very much has turned into "your new wife is rich, so you can pay more". At this point I'm going to have to retain my own lawyer in all this mess.

o

Aw, Fishy, perk up! My mom lopped off my long hair in the 70's when Dorothy Hammel busted onto the scene! Hated it, love Dorothy, but not the doo! LOL! I think the girls look sweet. Very 1920's, Flapper! Totally a hit with me, my gram kept her crimp into her 70's and she was Fab!

As for the hubster, tell him to find that spine that you know is in there and tell her nope! The meal ticket is gone, go find a new one. A settlement is final, can't keep going back for more every time you feel like it. What possible grounds could she have? If hubby's attorney is worth his/her salt, they should be able to squash this pretty quick.

I hope your day brightens up a bit.

o

I like it as well, Klick!!

Anyone remember little orphan annie?? I had THAT haircut in 3rd grade, followed by the 70's MULLET: "boy short in front, long curly in back" thing that my mom SWEARS everyone was doing, and that it looked SO CUTE. Yeah, ick. With my baby fine, naturally straight hair...uh-huh. Had to sit through 3 hour perms for BOTH haircuts. No kid should EVER be punished that way. Nuh-uh. Nope.

Hmmm. Fishy, I totally side with you, and I think that any lawyer worth his salt is going to see her for the gold digger she is. Sounds like she has a wee bit of jealousy going on too. Yicky situation either way you look at it.
Wish you all the best with it, though! Stick it to her good!! :O)

o

Klick I love it!!!! I love the sepia tones also and the red adds the perfect touch. I, too, had a dorothy hammil cut doo when I was in 7th grade, I just am not cut out for short hair. Thats the perfect Logo Klick, you are awesome!!!!

Fishy, Imma gonna agree with Tracy, and you and Bunny, if her and hub were just married for 4 years, unless she is handicapped then there should be no way she can "update" her alimony, sheesh seems like she got a bargain as it is. That is just grouchiness coming out in a spoiled woman who should get off her duff and get a job instead of expecting handouts from the ex. Sorry, the pix imploded on that one, makes me ill to my tummy.

Its storming again here, just lightening and thunder, no rain yet. I have 3 loaves of SD Bread done, lemon fridge cookies (to be baked in the morning) done and in the fridge, and the crust of Lemon Bars in the oven. Basil Jelly is chilling on the lil desk. All I have left to do is finish the lemon bars when the crust is done and whip up some cin/honey butter. Then gonna start on 3 more loaves of SD Bread. WHOOOHOO and Imma not NAPPIN today so I won't need Melatonin tonight to sleep.

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Din-Din at Pixies!!!!

I wanna go to Pixie's house for supper!!! Everything sounds YUMMY!!!!! :O)

o

lol come on, only thing, I ain't cookin supper! I am through baking for today. As far as supper, its gonna either be fox cooking or sannys tonight!

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketHoppy Birthday Alana! Klick-I like the sign. Are we all going to meet at pixie's house for desert? Yummy!

o

She's trying to get a doc to say she is disabled, I don't buy it for a second, but maybe if the state sends her a check she'll knock it off. she claims she was his "caregiver" while he was on disability, and under CA law SS checks are income, which makes him the "breadwinner" for alimony, or in english, she's gone after the SS checks to an amputee because he remarried. Don't get me started on what sort of a sicko she is. I figure this is extortion, and to pay more is to encourage her. The final thing that got to me, was her statement that I didn't work for my money, but inherited it... uhhhh jeez whay do i spend 60 hours a week at the center again?

o
Ok, no more being grumpy.

glitter-graphics.com

see? cheerful!

o

Aututmn? Is that her name?

o

Cheerful and sparkly! I have a question! WHO is it that you are listening to that is telling you everything that this woman is saying? That person needs to stop telling you all that comes from her mouth about you. She doesn't know you, therefore nothing she is telling you is valid. Why is this person telling you these things? YOU NEED TO STOP LISTENING TO THIS. I am hoping it is not your hubby. If it is, WHY is he even talking to her? EX is EX! Done, see you later, no longer his wife, No longer his problems. Period! Hm, EXCLAMATION POINT!

o
hello again

No Klick, she is just celebrating the season. Her name is Christine.

Pixie, I am putting my order in for sourdough bread, I can smell it all the way up here! MMMM, with cinnamon butter, yum! Warm steamy bread! Oh boy! Drool, salivating. Turning glassy eyed! Got to have it!

o
Gouls

Tracy... I was only joking because Autumn is misspelled... I thought that it was perhaps due to the character in the image is named "Aututmn"... Heh.

o

lmao omg Klick you are an OBSERVANT one lmao I missed that totally lmao. Guess its true what they say, eyes/brains as long as the first and last letter work the word works lmao. OK NO MORE SPEED READING FOR THE PIX!!!!

o

Are you sure you girls like that logo I posted? I'll be happy to put together a few more. That one above was thrown together in a couple of minutes. I'll be happy to adjust it to look a little tidier. :)

In the meantime...

o
Logo

o

Hello All;
the logo is great just please keep this group welcoming to new people, that was the whole point. Also, new blood keeps things fresh and exciting and prevents things from becoming stagnant. Hard to imagine it happening with the cast of characters this has attracted but stranger things have happened.
By the way, I have sent two messages to Becki asking for her address. She has not responded, does anyone know why? Does anyone have her address? If so, please send it to me. Thanks. diene

o

Diene, Tonight is Becki's football night lol

email me

o

diene, I will email you her addy and her new email. she changed it just this week. give me a moment and you will have it quickly. As for the logo, would you like to see more than 2 people in it?

Thanks
Tracy

o
MNF Logo

Klick, I like the first one, can you add some pink (cool shades to go with the red) flowers on the vines and maybe make the letters red also? See what that does and how everyone likes it if you can.

o
Logo also

I think more than Two people would be good if Klick can do that

o

Hi All!
Klick, I like the first one better than the one of the girls in the swimsuits.Also is your address & all other facts from your info sheet current? I hope to have your package out this week. Will post confirmation number as soon as it flies. Wondering if I need to do priority for it to travel 40 miles?
My oldest is sick yet again, flu like this time.I'm tired of seeing projected fluids.
SmileyCentral.com
Pray the rest of the family doesn't catch it!
Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o
logo

I think more people would be great! Maybe throw in some that have on those SPECIAL shirts that button up in the back.LOL! JK!

o
Posting

Ok, girls. I'll work on the first one to make it more as you wish. :) We'll see how it comes out in the long run. Heh.

Dirt... THANK YOU for commenting on the box! I totally missed the groupings! They got buried under all the posts during my sleepy reading yesterday!!! Yes, my info sheet is correct from OBF. If you got the latest email where we updated our wants/likes then you'll have a better idea of where I'm at in my gardening life. If not, the old one is pretty accurate.

Debbya... your box should probably go out this week. I've collected some goodies for you!

o
lol!

Sorry all! I must be tired. Was outdoors most of the day plus up most of last night. I'm ready for the padded cell.
Later/dirt

o

Any particular font preferences?

Rose color dusted on. Likey?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here