Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fishymamas

UPDATE: Make new Friends Ghouls just wanna have fun #2

fishymamas
16 years ago

I filled up the last one, so here's the next thread.

Comments (150)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lmao Becki surely you didn't cheat did you?????

hmmm well invitations are open to all that want to come party with the Birthday Girl! I will wait til it gets closer to tell who it is, although secrets are whispering Im sure!!!!

She is going to enjoy a very special DAY tomorrow!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, I gotta have fun sometimes!! But I wouldn't cheat! I'm not a cheater! I just did some "research"!! That's allowed, isn't it?? I'm up for a party (though I'll be watching some serious football tomorrow too!)

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Dirt,way to go ghoulie! I know who is having a Birthday tomorrow,but I'll keep it a secret... Tracy,should I be afraid?!! Did I hear something about another contest? YEAH!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Yes, Letha, you should be very afraid! I am cooking up a spell to put on your computer! Watch out!

Ok! Research is not cheating! LOL! I'll let it slide! LOL!

• fishymamas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got dirty!..... that sounded wrong, I send to dirty! I've been at an all-day teaching conferance on the montessori method, so I'm wiped, out (got 4 hrs of sleep before I had to drive into San Diego for it). I'm off to bed, I'll be charming and witty tomorrow.

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Oh No! I better get outta here!!! Night all..see you ghouls tomorrow.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

glitter-graphics.com

Goodnight Everybody!

• fishymamas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No, not a cheesy pick up line!

Thought it would help our swap buddies if we clued them into what we got going on now, or if there's anything you simply can not stand.

I've 2 distinct gardens, the veggie patch for the preschool center, and a flower swath currently with glads, daylillies, dahlias, calla lillies, and other bulbing, low-fuss plants. Some annual cottage garden flowers and vines grow in/around them. I really love passionflowers and anything viney (mostly to hide the ugly chain link fences that circle the preschool building).

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Seek Codes

MySpace Graphics

Seek Codes

MySpace Graphics

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY ALANA!!!

• drippy
    16 years ago

Happy birthday, Poisondartfrog Alana! Love that GW name - the poison dart frog temporary tattoos are eagerly snatched up by my young piano students, especially the boys.

Hope you have a wonderful day, a great year ahead, and a pile of fun hosting this swap!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Alana ,Happy Birthday& I hope you......

April /dirt_under_my_nails

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Thanks ladies! How in the heck did you know? Your detective skills must be why you did so well with the Halloween quiz!

Yesterday I received a bottle of champagne, a bottle of sherry and a case of Guinness from different friends to mark the day. I guess when you turn 50, people think you need to spend the day drinking?

For all of you have not yet crossed over to AARP, I feel the same as I did yesterday. Oh, the arthritis in my little fingers may be acting up a little and maybe I need to get a stronger pair of reading glasses, but all in all, I don't feel any different.

My family is taking me out later. More alcohol. If I am going to drink all this today, I better get started!
    Have a great day!
    Alana

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Happy, happy birthday, Alana! What an exciting birthday!! Yippee!!! Boy, you DO have some drinking to do! Wow! I hope you have a spectacular day!!!!! You deserve it!
    Becki

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Happy birthday, Miss Alana!!! Have a good one!!! :O)

Wow, you girls took no prisoners, did ya??? Flingin' doo-doo left and right, too?! Eeek, remind me to stay clear of here on Wednesday!!!!! :O)

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Here's to a wonderful day Alana!!

Happy Birthday Graphic Comments

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Morning Ladies!!

Well I got my cleaning done before early service whooohooo. Now I have got Sourdough rising and making Lemon Bars YUMMY and going to make Basil Jelly when fox gets back from Wally World. Later this afternoon I am going to make another couple loaves of SD Bread and maybe some lemon icebox cookies. THEN I AM GOING TO ALANA'S TO HELP HER CELEBRATE WITH THE LIQUIDS! LOL

Hope everyone has a great day. WOW all the pretty graphics!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

glitter-graphics.com

I hope you have a really great day today! Have tons of fun! I'll be sending you a tube of ben-gay for those old joints! :0)

Tracy

• fishymamas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, seems they are planning some kind of drunken breakdown for you Poi. Nope the AARP hasn't found me yet, but social security sends me a lovely chart each year of what I'm worth dead. Ok I'm wrapping up my shopping today, but I need dirt's addy.
    I was the first of my friends to turn 18, they all asked me what it was like... hmmm... I can now vote for some guy no one likes, and get capital punishment... not too grand.

• fishymamas
    Original Author
    16 years ago
  • klickitat
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALANA!!!

• klickitat
    16 years ago

What do you girls think... do we need a logo? The other group here has one. I helped create it. Good idea? :)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I think that would be awesome Klick!

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Quick design... please be kind...

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Klick! That is sooooo SWEET! I love it! Perfection! I love the sepia tones, and the red check dresses and shoes pop so nicely! Not being kind here, telling the truth!

It has my vote.
    Tracy

• fishymamas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The haircut on the left is the one my mum forced me to get in the 80's... not kind on a plump child. Then again I'm moody today, Hubby and I had a discussion about his exwife last PM, got me in a funk (she thinks she should get more money, now that he's making more, I'm really not interested in funding her beer and smokes while she sits in an apartment we pay for and drives a car I bought all day). And, no before you ask, I was bright enough to keep my assets in my name, and the business as well, so she can't touch that. He wants to settle, I say we already did and she'll just keep comming back for more money. He suggests we just buy her a house outright (he owns a small plot in the city, from when his brother passed, he's suggesting he deed it over and stick a small cottage on there). I'm just not interested in funding more of her "retirement" (she's only 49 for goodness sakes) The woman hasn't worked in over a decade, they were only married 4 years, really she doesn't have any excuse beyond "He remarried a woman 1/2 my age", it very much has turned into "your new wife is rich, so you can pay more". At this point I'm going to have to retain my own lawyer in all this mess.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Aw, Fishy, perk up! My mom lopped off my long hair in the 70's when Dorothy Hammel busted onto the scene! Hated it, love Dorothy, but not the doo! LOL! I think the girls look sweet. Very 1920's, Flapper! Totally a hit with me, my gram kept her crimp into her 70's and she was Fab!

As for the hubster, tell him to find that spine that you know is in there and tell her nope! The meal ticket is gone, go find a new one. A settlement is final, can't keep going back for more every time you feel like it. What possible grounds could she have? If hubby's attorney is worth his/her salt, they should be able to squash this pretty quick.

I hope your day brightens up a bit.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I like it as well, Klick!!

Anyone remember little orphan annie?? I had THAT haircut in 3rd grade, followed by the 70's MULLET: "boy short in front, long curly in back" thing that my mom SWEARS everyone was doing, and that it looked SO CUTE. Yeah, ick. With my baby fine, naturally straight hair...uh-huh. Had to sit through 3 hour perms for BOTH haircuts. No kid should EVER be punished that way. Nuh-uh. Nope.

Hmmm. Fishy, I totally side with you, and I think that any lawyer worth his salt is going to see her for the gold digger she is. Sounds like she has a wee bit of jealousy going on too. Yicky situation either way you look at it.
    Wish you all the best with it, though! Stick it to her good!! :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Klick I love it!!!! I love the sepia tones also and the red adds the perfect touch. I, too, had a dorothy hammil cut doo when I was in 7th grade, I just am not cut out for short hair. Thats the perfect Logo Klick, you are awesome!!!!

Fishy, Imma gonna agree with Tracy, and you and Bunny, if her and hub were just married for 4 years, unless she is handicapped then there should be no way she can "update" her alimony, sheesh seems like she got a bargain as it is. That is just grouchiness coming out in a spoiled woman who should get off her duff and get a job instead of expecting handouts from the ex. Sorry, the pix imploded on that one, makes me ill to my tummy.

Its storming again here, just lightening and thunder, no rain yet. I have 3 loaves of SD Bread done, lemon fridge cookies (to be baked in the morning) done and in the fridge, and the crust of Lemon Bars in the oven. Basil Jelly is chilling on the lil desk. All I have left to do is finish the lemon bars when the crust is done and whip up some cin/honey butter. Then gonna start on 3 more loaves of SD Bread. WHOOOHOO and Imma not NAPPIN today so I won't need Melatonin tonight to sleep.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I wanna go to Pixie's house for supper!!! Everything sounds YUMMY!!!!! :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lol come on, only thing, I ain't cookin supper! I am through baking for today. As far as supper, its gonna either be fox cooking or sannys tonight!

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Hoppy Birthday Alana! Klick-I like the sign. Are we all going to meet at pixie's house for desert? Yummy!

• fishymamas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

She's trying to get a doc to say she is disabled, I don't buy it for a second, but maybe if the state sends her a check she'll knock it off. she claims she was his "caregiver" while he was on disability, and under CA law SS checks are income, which makes him the "breadwinner" for alimony, or in english, she's gone after the SS checks to an amputee because he remarried. Don't get me started on what sort of a sicko she is. I figure this is extortion, and to pay more is to encourage her. The final thing that got to me, was her statement that I didn't work for my money, but inherited it... uhhhh jeez whay do i spend 60 hours a week at the center again?

• fishymamas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

glitter-graphics.com

see? cheerful!

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Aututmn? Is that her name?

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Cheerful and sparkly! I have a question! WHO is it that you are listening to that is telling you everything that this woman is saying? That person needs to stop telling you all that comes from her mouth about you. She doesn't know you, therefore nothing she is telling you is valid. Why is this person telling you these things? YOU NEED TO STOP LISTENING TO THIS. I am hoping it is not your hubby. If it is, WHY is he even talking to her? EX is EX! Done, see you later, no longer his wife, No longer his problems. Period! Hm, EXCLAMATION POINT!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

No Klick, she is just celebrating the season. Her name is Christine.

Pixie, I am putting my order in for sourdough bread, I can smell it all the way up here! MMMM, with cinnamon butter, yum! Warm steamy bread! Oh boy! Drool, salivating. Turning glassy eyed! Got to have it!

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Tracy... I was only joking because Autumn is misspelled... I thought that it was perhaps due to the character in the image is named "Aututmn"... Heh.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lmao omg Klick you are an OBSERVANT one lmao I missed that totally lmao. Guess its true what they say, eyes/brains as long as the first and last letter work the word works lmao. OK NO MORE SPEED READING FOR THE PIX!!!!

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Are you sure you girls like that logo I posted? I'll be happy to put together a few more. That one above was thrown together in a couple of minutes. I'll be happy to adjust it to look a little tidier. :)

In the meantime...

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    the logo is great just please keep this group welcoming to new people, that was the whole point. Also, new blood keeps things fresh and exciting and prevents things from becoming stagnant. Hard to imagine it happening with the cast of characters this has attracted but stranger things have happened.
    By the way, I have sent two messages to Becki asking for her address. She has not responded, does anyone know why? Does anyone have her address? If so, please send it to me. Thanks. diene

• klickitat
    16 years ago

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Diene, Tonight is Becki's football night lol

email me

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

diene, I will email you her addy and her new email. she changed it just this week. give me a moment and you will have it quickly. As for the logo, would you like to see more than 2 people in it?

Thanks
    Tracy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Klick, I like the first one, can you add some pink (cool shades to go with the red) flowers on the vines and maybe make the letters red also? See what that does and how everyone likes it if you can.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I think more than Two people would be good if Klick can do that

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hi All!
    Klick, I like the first one better than the one of the girls in the swimsuits.Also is your address & all other facts from your info sheet current? I hope to have your package out this week. Will post confirmation number as soon as it flies. Wondering if I need to do priority for it to travel 40 miles?
    My oldest is sick yet again, flu like this time.I'm tired of seeing projected fluids.

Pray the rest of the family doesn't catch it!
    Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I think more people would be great! Maybe throw in some that have on those SPECIAL shirts that button up in the back.LOL! JK!

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Ok, girls. I'll work on the first one to make it more as you wish. :) We'll see how it comes out in the long run. Heh.

Dirt... THANK YOU for commenting on the box! I totally missed the groupings! They got buried under all the posts during my sleepy reading yesterday!!! Yes, my info sheet is correct from OBF. If you got the latest email where we updated our wants/likes then you'll have a better idea of where I'm at in my gardening life. If not, the old one is pretty accurate.

Debbya... your box should probably go out this week. I've collected some goodies for you!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Sorry all! I must be tired. Was outdoors most of the day plus up most of last night. I'm ready for the padded cell.
    Later/dirt

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Any particular font preferences?

Rose color dusted on. Likey?