Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

NEW: 'mix it up' cleanout box! swap...

Debra Andruska
15 years ago

I would love to host a quick swap, a "Cleanout" box swap! I'm sure someone would love this box, and have some use for the books that I don't anymore! I'm sending out my box by flat-rate/priority (to help defray postage costs, because books are so heavy!) In my box will be..

African violet magazine, Frog windchime (metal, new in package.)

The Complete Soapmaker, hardcover book- 128 pages, by Norma Coney.

Martha Stewart book, hardcover, "Christmas" recipes, gifts and decor, by Oxmoor house 144 pages.

Donna Dewberry's "One Stroke Painting Course" hardcover, by plaid, 128 pages.

A Country Christmas, hardcover, foods, gifts, decorating. Lorenz book, 192 pages.

A cute wooden window frame (new in package) use is for framing cross stitch kits.

The box is totally stuffed, the books read once!

What's your "Cleanout" box going to have?

What I'll do is pair you up with a swap Pal (you can exchange addresses by email). And email me with what your looking for- example, books, gardening supplies, plants, etc. And I'll do the best I can to pair you up with someone that has what you want. I can't promise that you'll get exactly what you want. But, I'll do my best!

Your boxes can be also be made by 'themes'... (just email me and let me know what your looking for).

Examples, plant boxes- Indoor houseplant box, Outdoor plant box, Cookbooks, BOOKS, Gardening supplies, etc.

Post box contents here! It can be 'general' ideas too. Such as an "Outdoor plant box" with 7 plants in it, such as.. (and let us know what plants will be in the box).

When the swap is over and done, you'll receive a box of something different! Hopefully, all things you can use! ;)

Hugs,

Deb

Comments (53)

• robin1962_2008
    15 years ago

This sounds great! I don`t know yet what I`ll put in my box but I`m sure I can come up with a good one.I`ll let you know what`s in it asap.I think I want my partner to surprise me.I love surprises. Robin

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I would like to join this one
    my box will be a tender perennial box, I have cuttings, rooted cuttings, and plants that are wonderfull pernnials but to tender for wintering in zones lower than 7/8, so I keep them in for the winter.
    I would fill a flat rate box. instructions for rooting any cuttings would be included along with rooting hormone.
    I'm looking for gardening book/mags, not rilly landscaping or garden designe, but more on the plants themselves, seed starting supplies, nice looking notebooks, pleant markers.

thanks what a great idea for a swap
    but what if no one wants my box!!!! LOL
    I sure hope someone dose
    michelle

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay, this is what I have for my box so far:
    an unpainted small wooden box with lid
    a unpainted wooden angel
    1 Bucilla crewel kit-humming bird and lily design-opened but not used
    1 small cross stitch ornament kit (gingerbread man)
    a "design your christmas bag" kit..this has three small bags with designs you can use to decorate the bags with
    a stamped cross stitch "Mom's are like buttons" kit. This has a saying inside a ring of flowers and the frame and threads are included.

cross stitch leaflets:
    Leaisure arts "Flowers for Mom" Book 1
    " " "Long ago"
    " " "summers remembered" (flowered hat,quilt flowers and basket)
    " " "The Fledglings" (birds and flowers"
    Back Street Designs Basic Bookmarks 1
    Barbara Mock Little charmers (assorted small patterns that can be framed or put on towels or whatever)
    Stoney Creek "English Cottage settings" (cottages and
    gardens)

Easy Gardening: Tips from Garden Professionsls
    two crystal candle holders (I have two other sets)
    DVD Yoga "Beginner's Workout"

Any takers?

I used to cross stitch alot now I do stamped or embroidary..the little squares on regular drive me nuts!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

oh, and a surprise box works for me too...I love surprises!

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Can I still join? Sounds great!

Joan

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nice boxes! ;)

Welcome Joan! Post your box contents whenever your ready!
    And let me know what your interested in/looking for. Either by email, or post directly here.

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Deb, I'll be leaving Saturday and won't be back until Thursday. HUbby and I are going on a little "second honeymoon" vacation. The boxes won't be sent before that will they?.."biting nail"...

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Did you hear that girls? (Elbowing Deb)
    A 2nd honeymoon! Reckon her box should have some goodies like Dan got? Darn! But she wouldn't get it till afterwards. (perking up) Maybe you'll need "recovery" items, huh Linda??

Joan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

you guys are BAD!!..."L"

• robin1962_2008
    15 years ago

Since I want a surprise box,I think the box I send will be a surprise also!! Robin

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I think I'm gonna have to back out of this one I'm just sprading myself too thin, and I have to stop joining swap till I finish a few
    sorry
    michelle

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I know what you mean Michelle, I'm squeezing this one in and closing my eyes at the other ones..."L"

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Michelle,
    Sorry your dropping out! I'm sure someone would of been thrilled with your box. ;)

Anyway,
    Let's give this a few more days for signups (including over the weekend). And on the 22nd/Monday I'll assign swap Pals. Boxes can begin going out when your ready, but should be mailed out by the 30th.

Check with the 'honeymooner' before sending her box out, just to make sure they didn't extend the vacation! LOL!

Hugs,
    Deb

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Linda, a second honey moon? ooooh baby! So does that mean I can't come too? Darn! Have a good time dolly!

I will be getting my box together over the weekend and post the contents on Sunday if that is ok. It has gotten a little nuts around here with kids getting sick and trips to the doctors office. Can you tell school's back in session? Since the kids started back we've gotten 4 notes home telling us that our child has been exposed to strep. My lucky kids caught it and now I have it too. :o( I promise to disenfect all items I am sending to my partner! I swear!

• galium
    15 years ago

Deb-Let me look around today and see what I can find. I have lots of old Horticulture and Organic Gardening Magazines and craft items. If I can find enough stuff I'll post later today.
    Mariann

• galium
    15 years ago

OK-Here goes my box is full of Magazines, Books and Booklets. I wanted to put craft items in too but I'm afraid they'll get crushed with all the weight.

Flat Rate Box contains:
    6 Organic Gardening Magazines (Older issues and collectible)
    5 Horticulture Magazines (Older issues but never out of date)

How To's
    1. 'Ribbon Craft'
    2. McCall's 'Sheer Delight' Ribbon Embroidery
    3. 'How to Fabric Paint'
    4. 'How to Make Fabric Bows'
    5. 'Paper Ribbon Bows'
    6. Cross Stitch '50 Houseplant Designs'(American School of Needlecraft)
    7. Leaflet 'Great Beading Tips'
    Books
    'Cash From Square Foot Gardening'(Soft Cover)
    'Practical Guide For The Amateur Naturalist' (Hardcover)
    Orth's 'All About Landscaping'
    Mariann

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

enie menie mighty moe, which box will I end up with, I don't know..."L"

• galium
    15 years ago

Bumping this up

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

OK, for my box so far I have:

2 skeins of pink baby blanket yarn
    2 skeins of white baby blanket yarn
    1 Plaster Green Frog for garden decor
    1 terracotta sun face for garden decor
    a boat load of back issue Bon Appetit magazines
    1 vanilla scented candle jar
    1 pumpkin pie scented candle jar
    Ice scating Snow men pot holder and matching kitchen towel

I will be sorting through my seeds and adding lots of those to the box too. I will also continue to scout around for some fun things that my partner might like. I will be digging and dividing some of my tulip bulbs this week and will be adding some of those to the box as well.

here's a few pics from this spring:

• galium
    15 years ago

Great Box Tracy!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Thank you Mariann! I am drooling over your box. Crossing my fingers and hoping it ends up at my house! LOL!

:0)

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll post swap Pal's in the afternoon tomorrow. It's been such a long day! I'm not doing much tomorrow, but cleaning the house and catching up with everything I've fallen behind in. So, this is extended until tomorrow morning! Post your boxes quickly!

Deb

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Sorry I'm late guys!! Busy weekend extended into Monday!
    Deb, I'm going to PM my box contents to you so it can be a SURPRISE!!!

Joan

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok,
    I've been reading the thread over to see if I could get any "hints" of what everyone is interested in.
    Both Linda and Robin said they wanted a 'surprise' box.

Linda sends to Robin, Robin sends to Linda!
    Tracy sends to Mariann, Mariann sends to Tracy!
    Joan sends to Deb, Deb sends to Joan!

Get in contact with your swap Pal and exchange addresses. Mail packages out when your ready- but let's finish this up before the end of the month. ALL PACKAGES NEED TO BE MAILED BY Sept. 30th.
    Post when your box is mailed out and received. Also, post the contents of the box, we love hearing what you received!

Thanks for joining the swap! This one certainly was a 'quicky' LOL!

Hugs,
    Deb

• galium
    15 years ago

YEAH....Tracy it's you and me girl!!
    Mariann

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Woo HOO Mariann! I can't wait! I have something coming that I want to add before it hits the road. It should be by the 30th without a problem though:o)

{{gwi:1300816}}

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm really organized with this swap! ;)
    My box is packed and ready to go to Joan! I'm heading off to the post office now- USPS# 0307 0020 0003 4319 3791.

I have several swap boxes going out today, so I'm finally caught up with everything. :)

Joan,
    I hope you really enjoy my package!

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay, I'm back from the beach and ready to pack up my box. I have Robin's addy and I sent her mine!.."rubbing my hands together"

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Deb, I know I'm going to LOVE it! Can't wait!
    I have almost all of yours together!! Hope you like it!

Joan

• galium
    15 years ago

Tracy-Your box is going in the mail today. I sealed it before I knew it was going to you so there is no card. I always like to send cards with my boxes. Also it weighs 12 lbs.!
    DC# 0103 8555 7495 1624 9648
    Mariann

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Woo hoo! My order came in today so I will be shipping your box out on Monday Mariann! I keep adding little things to it. :o)

Wait, did you say 12 pounds?! OMGoodness! I better borrow my son's weight belt for when the mailman gets here! LOL! I can't wait for it to get here. Thank you!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Mariann, your box will be on it's way tomorrow! DC# 0301 8555 7496 3289 3534. Total weight was just under 20 pounds!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Heh heh, Mariann, I forgot to pack the frog in the first box. He won't fit anyway so here is the dc # for Mr. Frog: 0103 8555 7495 9111 4275.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Mariann, Thank you so much! Your box got here this afternoon and Wow! These books are amazing! I can't wait to start cross stitching again this winter and make some pretty ribbon clips for my little girl.

The horticulture books look great. I love the square foot gardening. I've always wanted to try that. The kids are very interested in the butterfly and dragonfly baking clay.

Thank you again! I love all these books and can't wait to try some of these great crafts and learn some more gardening tips! You're the best!

Tracy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

my box is going out today, I"ll post the confirmation when I come back.

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Deb,
    I got the books Saturday and I LOVE THEM!!! Thanks again.
    Yours is going out today, will post conf# later.

Joan

• galium
    15 years ago

Tracy-Glad everything arrived. I do have more OG's if you are interested at some later date.
    Mariann

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Deb,
    Your conf# is 0306 2400 0003 0183 0048

I put you some surprises in there. :)

Joan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay Robin, here's your number #0308 0730 0000 5993 9187 ...it's winging it's way to you!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This swap was fun!
    I'll let you know Joan, when my box arrives! I'm excited! ;)

Deb

• galium
    15 years ago

Tracy-My boxes arrived today. I love Mr. Froggy! He's so cute. I'll enjoy reading the Bon Appetit mags. when I'm finished with them I'll pass them on to Carol. I never expected the Tulip bulbs they were a wonderful surprise. I didn't order any this year. I'm afraid the tera cotta sun didn't make the trip. I was hoping I could glue it back together but it was in little pieces. I've had that happen to me too. Your boxes really brightened up my day! I can't wait to burn the candles.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

MMMM...candles! I need to pick up a few yummy, festive scents for fall!
    Very nice boxes so far!

Deb

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Oh Mariann! I'm so sorry the sun got broken! I marked fragile on there so many times and even said a little prayer that it was packed well enough. Sigh, well at least Mr. Froggy made you smile! Be careful with those magazines. There are some really good recipes in there that will go straight to you hips! I know they're on mine.

I love the tulips and hope you do too. I am doing a purple and white themed tulip bed for next spring. Can't wait to see them bloom.

Deb, thanks for hosting this! It was a great idea. I can't wait to see what everyone else gets.

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Yooo hooo!!!! Deb!
    It's says your package arrived at Bridgeview at 3:39 AM today!!! Hope it delivers to you today!

Joan

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Joan,
    Yes, my package did arrive! I was so busy putting up Fall stuff that I wore myself out! I was going online later, and ended up watching the VP debate, and fell asleep! I did tape it though. ;)
    Your package was wonderful! I loved the baking crock/dish. Joan sent me a 'cooking' package, with the cutest dark blue winter 'snow' themed crock that can go in the oven up to 500*, plus freezer too! It came with a glass trivet, and a matching ornament! Joan also sent tomatoes, peppers! Also veggie seeds and a mini chopper, gardening mags!
    Oh, almost forgot- 2 plants, one Kale and one cabbage.

Joan,
    THANKS so much for the neat box! I'm taking a break in few minutes and reading one of your magazines!
    This swap was so much fun! I loved my gardening/cooking package!

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I think this whole swap was a great idea!

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Oh great!! I was starting to get worried! I watched the debate last night too.
    I'm glad you liked everything. I really had fun getting it all together for you. I didn't know if you had a veggie garden and were still getting fresh tomatoes & peppers, but I figured you can never have too many of them!
    Thanks again for letting me join this swap. It really was alot of fun.

Joan

• robin1962_2008
    15 years ago

Linda,I sent your box on Saturdy.Confirmation number is03081400000170790321.When I was at the post office ,my mail carrier flagged me down to give me the package you sent me!!I LOVE IT!!!I can use everything in it!I can`t wait to try the crewel kit.I`ve never tried that before and it`s so pretty.I love to cross stitch too. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Robin

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I'm so glad! I was worried that maybe you didn't know how to cross stitch..."L" I figure that you'd just have to learn!
    I"ll keep an eye out for your box.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Robin, I received your box today. I can't believe how well we were matched. I can use, read and plant everything! Wonderful box! Thanks so much!!

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio