Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
materwitch

UPDATE: Incredible Edibles October Swap Partners

sunnyk
15 years ago

It is a few days early , but here is the list of Partners for the Autumn Harvest.

We are swapping Fall Harvest/Halloween themed seeds and such... a little spooky fun never hurt...right?!?!

Please try to get your packages out in the mail by October 8th or 9th ....but most important, enjoy this wonderful Autumn time of year, and the Harvest Swap!!

Swap Buddies

iheartroscoe/Heather - sunnyk/Donna

luvgardening2/Nancy - ncgardengirl/Fran

ejmoore510/Joan - gardenkitteh/Diane

booberry85/Becky - bonechickchris/Christy

southerncharm1/Kathy - frenchfrylegs1/Polly

And just in case anyone was wondering ..I put everyones names on bits of paper and put them in a hat...then I pulled 2 strips out of the hat at a time and didnt even look at them until I was ready to post each Buddy Swap Pair. :) I wanted to be as fair as possible...plus it has been years since I got to pull names out of a hat ROTFLMBO!!!

Have Fun!!

Donna

Comments (63)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Congrats Nancy!!! Whahoooo...lol.

I hope I have everything ready for this swap, it wouldn't a good thing to think I was and I am not...boy would my face be red....lol.

:) Fran

• frenchfrylegs1
    15 years ago

Well Fran you are way ahead of me I am not ready got to go check box and get my butt in gear!!
    Polly

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

This was all the way down to the end, so I thought I should bump it up!
    BTW, I got my first seed order today! Only one more seed order I am waiting on! Can't wait! Christy

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I already have my Bubble Envy packed,weighed, stamped and ready to go...but I think I am a bit early for an October swap so I am going to wait til Monday to send it LOL!! I even have some seeds waiting for the September box to come around again. I need to get a life ROTFLMBO!!

• iheartroscoe
    15 years ago

I'm almost ready to send my seeds out, too! I'm going to aim for Monday :)

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Oooh Christy! I'm still waiting on my goodies! LOL I can't wait to get my stuff in so I can send off to Polly, this is so darn exciting!!! :D

Donna LOL isn't this "the life" ?!?!?! ROFLMBO!!!

Nancy, your Prize goodies will be sent out as soon as my hubby gets here to watch the youngins for me. :) I'll post DC as soon as I get back! :)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I thought I was set on this swap, but I found another place when I was out of town for work, that still had seeds out for the season! Now I have to think & re-sort!

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Kathy, I will post here when the package makes it to California. I CANNOT wait.

Nancy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Nancy, I somehow lost the DC, it's printed on receipts here and I believe that I threw it away when I threw away the paper for the label. UGH! :( It should be there Tuesday though. :) Can't wait to hear that you received it. :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!!! :)

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ackkk...I went to the post office to get my DC# yesterday in the rain....and not only did I forget my Bubble Envy and they wouldnt let me pay for the Delivery Confirmation sticker without it, but I slipped and fell on their wet linoleum on the way in and screwed up my knee :-( now it's all swolled up and funky looking....but I promise Heather I will get there on Tuesday and remember my package too. :o)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

OH NO SUNNY...OUCH!!! I hope you used plenty of ice. I hope it doesn't smart long. Ace bandage!!!

I have to get my things ready to mail to Nancy. I have so many things going on now I keep forgetting....OPPPS!!!
    I will, really it will be out and on time!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Oh No Donna! I hope it's not a bad injury and that you heal quickly. (((HUGS)))

Nancy, hopefully you'll be receiving your goodies today! :)

Polly,I'm still waiting on an order to come in for the swap. :) I hope it gets here soon, I've very anxious to get them sent off. :)

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying getting goodies together for your swap partners. :)

• iheartroscoe
    15 years ago

Don't worry, Donna! I'm patient :) Worry about your knee before the package!

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Donna, I hope you have are feeling better.

Kathy, I came home from shopping and the box was waiting for me. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I received a BEAUTIFUL Fall Harvest Bag, and a Fall Pillow.
    I LOVE the fabric you used, so festive. I also received these seeds.

Cowpeas
    Pumpkin
    Sweet Corn
    Lettuce
    Chives
    Table Queen Squash
    Dill
    Lima Beans

Thanks again Kathy!

Fran: I meant to put in an order sooner but of course I kept putting it off. I did finally put the order in today. They said it should be here by the end of the week so I am hoping the Incredible Edible RR is here so I can ship all at once. If it approaches the 8th, then I will improvise.

Nancy

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the well wishes guys!! I am feeling a ton better today now that the swelling has gone down...I just keep forgetting about the abrasion on it and re- aggravating that...but I am good :).

Went back to the P.O. today and this time I remembered the envy and got it shipped out to you Heather...and I managed to stay upright in the process LOL!!

The DC# is :0308 1400 0000 0107 4774

Now I can start getting stuff together for next month !!LOL...I love this group :o)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Glad to see you're having a better day today, Donna.
    :)

• frenchfrylegs1
    15 years ago

Hello all,
    southerncharm ...I am doing the same thing waiting and not sure where the stuff is, mail person knows.. so don't think i forgot you either, you did say next friday right>?? if you did I am safe cuz my stuff is on it's way ..I hope!!

Donna... I hope you are all better soon and I have done the same thing, gone to the post office and forgot the package.
    Polly

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Polly, next Friday is perfect. Will give us plenty of time to receive our stuff in the mail and get it all together. I really need to start ordering earlier. LOL

Donna, how's your knee? I hope better now. :)

Nancy, I'm so glad that you liked your goodies! :) Also glad they made it safely! :) Enjoy!!!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Man, I just noticed that Miss Kathy sent Miss Nancy some of the things I had in mind to send, NOW I have to do something else....HAHAHA

Thats ok, I will figure out something...lol.

Don't worry about it Nancy, I think if you are a few days late it will be ok :).

Humm, I will be off to hunt good things to send you now. No Problem, I have a few other things that is still good for fall harvesting.

• iheartroscoe
    15 years ago

Got my package from Donna today!

Seeds included:
    Mini Yellow Bell Pepper
    Pumpkin 'Baby Boo' (I love this one!)
    Pumpkin 'Casper'
    Pepper 'Paprika'
    Parsnips 'Hollow Crown'
    Squash 'Table Queen'
    Pumpkin 'Jaradale' (this one is new to me and looks awesome)
    Mini Chocolate Bell Pepper
    Corn 'Blue Miniature'
    Squash 'Butternut'
    Cabbage 'Red Acre'
    Pumpkin 'Small Sugar'
    Corn 'Earth Tones Dent'
    Pumpkin 'Jack O' Lantern'
    Corn 'Strawberry Popcorn'

I also received some adorable little Halloween ornaments!

Thanks so much Donna!

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, I am so glad you got the package !! :) I hope you enjoy the seeds. The Jaradale is new to me too, I have seen it in catalogues but was always a bit shy about getting the seeds...this was the best reason to actually take the plunge LOL!!

• iheartroscoe
    15 years ago

I'll definitely enjoy the seeds. I plan on planting winter squash and pumpkins next year, so this definitely helps!

Your package should be arriving soon (maybe tomorrow) :)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Man, I need to get on the ball and send out mine. I think I will be mailing it on Monday. I was hoping I would find a few hidden things on a shopping trip today but no such luck darn it! So I am going to go with some other things I have on hand and hope Miss Nancy likes them.
    I will post the DC# when I mail them.

I will have to go look that to cool new pumpkin up!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I just received my box today from Christy (bonechickchris.) What great loot! She really spoiled me! She gave me a little goody bag of Halloween candy. A cute pumpkin spice candle and some fun Halloween socks. We each sent each other a pumpkin carving kit!

She spoiled me with the seeds! Get ready it's a long list!

Black Palm Tree Italian Cabbage (really fun looking)
    Catskills Brussels Sprouts
    Casper Eggplant
    Rotondo Bianca Eggplant (purple is my favorite color)
    Violetta Precoce Artichoke (purple!)
    Autumn Beauty Sunflowers
    Crimson Forest Bunching Onions
    Luffa Gourd
    Cucuzzi - Edible Gourd
    Small Spoon Gourds
    DiCicco Broccoli (because I asked for it)
    Purple Sprouting Broccoli (you can't go wrong with purple)
    Purple of Sicily Cauliflower (see above comments on purple)
    Burpee Stringless Green Beans (this was a new favorite grown this year)
    Black Zebra Tomatoes
    Ribbon Corn (really fun looking)
    Rouge Vif D'Etampes Pumpkin
    Cotton Candy Pumpkins
    Wee be Little Pumpkins
    Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkins
    Small Sugar Pumpkins
    New England Sugar Pie Winter Squash
    Lakota Winter Squash
    Cajun Tobasco Peppers (because I asked for them)
    Burpee Hot Pepper Mix (because I like spicy)

Whew! Everything was wrapped in cute Halloween gift bags. I just loved everything. So now with all the pumpkin seeds, I have to ask my husband if he wants a lawn to mow next year. LOL! I'm thrilled!

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

I received my box from Backy! And she gave em a bunch of goodies!
    I got a nice Happy Birthday card (my birthday is tomorrow the 7th!)
    A pumkin pattern book
    Some nice fall themed pot holders
    A squirrel
    An awesome instant pumpkin patch!
    Some bracelets

and for the seeds I got~

Four way Pepper
    Kellogs Breakfast tomato
    Green Tint Scallop Squash
    Black Krim Tomato
    French Horticulture Beans
    Copenhagen Market Cabbage
    Green Zebra Tomato
    Buttercup Squash
    Concord Grapes
    White Currant Tomato
    Mammoth Sunflower
    Pencil Pod Wax Beans
    Chianti Pepper
    Cocozelle Squash
    Tigger Melon
    Korean Melon
    Canoe Creek Melon

I think that is everything! Thanks so much for my best birthday presents! Christy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Christy~Wow, nice goodies!!! :) Happy early birthday too!!! (hope that wasn't a real squirrel for you to battle with! ROFLMBO!!!)

Becky~ Very nice stuff too! You both did an awesome job swapping! :) Nice touch with the Squirrel! hehehe

Heather, you got some nice goodies too! Great job Donna! :)

Oh I can't hardly wait to get Polly's stuff sent off. :) Have to pick up a few special goodies and I'll be ready to send off by Friday. :) I just absolutely love this time of year!!! My home already smells like Cinnamon, I picked up some of those Ponderosa pinecones the other day at Joanns! :) That's all I could smell clear out to the parking lot when I got to the store! hahaha

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got my package from Heather...and OMG...I cant believe all of the goodies she sent me!! I feel like a queen..I didnt get this much stuff even on my birthday LOL!!

She sent:
    Mexican Pumpkin
    Sugar Dot Corn
    Squash 'Bennings Green Tint'
    Squash 'Chicago Warted'-sounds very cool
    Squash 'Delicata'-I love this variety,sooooo tasty
    Pumpkin 'Lumina'
    Pumpkin 'Baby Bear'
    Squash 'Table Gold Acorn'
    Serpentine Di Sicilia -an edible gourd, sounds interesting :)
    Lima Beans
    Bean 'Royal Burgundy'
    bean' Mayflower'
    Turnips
    Broccoli
    Parsnips

and beautiful candles and some S'more flavor Candy Corn...think I am going to have to hide the Candy Corn so it stays all for me LOL!!

Thanks You so Much...this is all fantastic!!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Ooh, Smore candy corn!!! That sounds yummy too! Good job on another wonderful swap! :)

Going to search the world over for Smore Candy Corn now! Muhahaha ;)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Um OK, don't hurt me BUT I had something come up, I am going somewhere tomorrow. I will be gone all day tomorrow, Wednesday and maybe Thursday. I don't think I will have time to get to the PO tomorrow before I leave. I am posed to leave in the morning.
    AS SOON AS I GET BACK NANCY I WILL MAIL MINE TO YOU. I PROMISE...
    PLEASE DON'T HURT ME. I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS LEAVING. REALLY.

Maybe I can pack it tonight and drop it off before I leave...I will try too.

• iheartroscoe
    15 years ago

I found all kinds of awesome candy corn flavors at Target! The S'more flavor looked the best, though. :)

I'm glad you liked your goodies, Donna!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

I'll have to check it out this weekend. :) I'm a sucker for candy corn! ROFL

Fran hope you have a nice trip! :)

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Hey all! Hope you're having a great day! Raining & stormy here.
    Your package went out Diane! I hope you like it! I had a lot of fun putting it together for you. :)
    conf# 0306 2400 0003 0183 0130

Joan

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Joan, it's been rainy here all afternoon/evening. We really needed it, Lakes are still very low. :(

Polly, I have all your goodies ready to be sent out now. I'll let you know the DC tomorrow when it's sent. :)

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

I received my package from Fran today. :o) WOW! She sent LOTS of seeds. I am going to seriously need more space to garden. Thanks so much FRAN!

This is what I got:

Pumpkin Big MAX
    Pumpkin Connecticut Field
    Pumpkin Triple Treat
    Pumpkin Jack O Latern
    Pumpkin Lumina
    Squash Vegetable Spaghetti
    Mixed Gourds
    Melon Minnesota Midget
    Israeli Melons
    Broccoli Calabrese
    Snow Peas
    Jackson Wonder Butter Beans
    Cabbage Mammoth Red Rock
    Green Beans

Nancy

• booberry85
    15 years ago

I'm behind on my "Ooohs & Aaaahs!" Donna & Nancy, what great loot you received! Donna, I'd be interested in hear how the Chicago Warted Squash does for you. I really have a thing for squash this year. I'm planning on doing an Iroquois "Three Sisters" theme in the garden next year. Nancy, you got great stuff too. I'm hoping to get some Minnesota Midget seeds to try next year. I'm trading for the seeds even as I type! Have fun!

Becky

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Nice assortment of seeds Nancy! :)(Great job Fran!!!)
    I wish I had room for the large pumpkins. :) Kids would be mad if I took up the backyard, they wouldn't be able to use it as a baseball field anymore! ROFL

I'm also deciding just how big I want the garden to be next year! LOL There's just too many things I'd like to try. I'm also a sucker for squash, they all taste so different. :) I'm thinking about trying to make a few different sections of square foot gardens. They are so neat and organized? lol I'd still have an area for the squash, seeing how they are space hogs. :) Does anyone here square foot garden?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Well, I am back and was going to post the DC# because I didn't think it would have arrived so quickly. OH WELL, I DID get a DC#. But I wasn't able to post it. Just want everyone to know I didn't send it without one :).

Nancy, I REALLY REALLY hope you like what I sent. I didn't know if you would care for that stuff or not. But I think the Pumpkins are very cool and I can't wait to grow them myself next year. I did grow a Jack-o-Lantern this year BUT I stunted it's growth by placing it in a container so next year we are going to have a pumpkin patch for me to experiment with.
    Anyway, I tried to send more of the uncommon items hoping it was something new for you.

SC1, I am planning on SFGing next year. I did a few small plots this year by accident really cuz a lot of our plants died out and but we still got a pretty good harvest out of what we had so I am going to do a few of the lesser needed items in SFG. To save space for the monster plants I plan on growing. We grew ALL of our cucumber UP this year and that saved a LOT of space also put things up for the cantaloupes to run up on. BUT the cantaloupes got so large we were afraid they would break the vines so SO laid them back down on the ground.
    BUT next year I am going to do the cucumbers and other vining things on some kind of trellis system, hopefully something I can walk under to gather the cukes off the vines. All we would have to do is pull the developing cukes through the trellising so they all hang down and we just have to reach up when they are ready. This will also give space below on the ground to grow some lettuce through out summer and maybe keep it cool enough not to bolt!
    With any luck it will work out the way I hope it does!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

I was thinking SFging for my herbs and possibly tomatoes and peppers. I forgot all about the trellis method, I'm such a nerd! LOL From the pics I've seen it does save a bunch of space in the garden. People were growing their cantaloupes on a trellis and when the fruit started to develop they would slip them into a piece of pantyhose and tie the top to the trellis to keep it from putting too much stress on the vine. Pro- that it also keeps them from rotting by not touching the ground, Con - is that they need a lot more water when grown that way. Would be cool to do something with the cukes like what is used to grow grapes. :) So many ideas, so little time... hehe

I wonder what my DH and family would think if I asked for trellis', dirt and fertilizer for christmas? ROFLMBO!!!
    I do have good news, I got my strawberry starts from USDA today! YAY!!! I can't wait till they produce, wanna try to make some strawberry freezer jam so badly. :)Oh but well worth the wait. lol

Polly, I got your goodies sent off, so watch for the mailman! :)
    DC is 0480 5401 4370 8200 3850

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

SC1 we used mulch around everything. It saved us from having to water a lot lot, even though we still had to water a LOT! Not as much as it would have been.
    And if we do it again next year I will do a lot more mulch on everything.

I couldn't tie up the cantaloupes in a cradle this time because of the way I had the stuff growing up off the ground, there was no way to support it BUT next year I am hoping to change things around and make a trellis system so it could be done that way. I would like to be able to trellis the pumpkins too, but I KNOW they would be way to heavy. Esp. the Big Max and Prize Winner. It would be nice to be able to support them off the ground though.

We have been getting scrap wood so we have what I need for the trellises. We are able to get free leaf compost for my dirt needs AND it is pretty rich so I will not be needing fertilizer, unless I get some Miracle Grow. So I am pretty set for my needs there. SC1, maybe you should come spend the summer with me....HEHE, now THAT would surprize your family! LOL.

A friend gave me a start of Alpine Strawberry, one died but I still have the other one. I am hoping that I will be able to get some runners from it next year. I love strawberries.

Someone else we know gave us free reign of their grapes this weekend, I think we are going to go pick some of those. I am thinking about putting some in the freezer because I like frozen grapes and they are a nice additive in smoothies!

Anywho, I have been writing this since SC1's 13:23 posting, I think it is time I hit submit now...lol. I left for a few hours and came back to finish it....good thing we can pause our postings!

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Fran, My apologies for being tardy. I kept waiting for my seed order and I wanted to ship the RR together. In the end, I was upset because the reason I ordered was because I wanted to get something for you that I thought of when I think of FALL. Well, when I placed the order they said they had it, when the order came it said backordered. Needless to say, I was not happy.

I hope you can use what I picked for you.

The DC# is 0308 2040 0000 5299 5126

It was shipped yesterday morning, Priority Mail. I would think you should be on the lookout for it on Monday.

Nancy

• frenchfrylegs1
    15 years ago

Ok I finally made time to get on...
    Kathy,
    I mailed your box on friday the 10th, sorry it is not all there, my order did not come yet...grrr! I am sending more when it arrives but did not want you to have to wait any longer so I sent a partial box!! the DC # 03071790000351170813. It has been a busy week with my clients,one had a stroke and one fell, I have hardly had time to shower!! My family says just send the check and don't worry they can spend it for me!! Well have fun all and it looks like everyone has gotten great surprises!!can't wait to get mine!!
    Polly

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

No problem Polly! :) I hope yours will be there today for you! :) I checked the DC and mine should be here today too! YAY! I can completely relate to the check thing, that's what we tell my DH. ROFL!!! ;)

Fran, I couldn't possibly imagine Big Max being in a cradle! ROFLMBO!!! Well yes I can, funny as all get out! It really would be nice to cradle/trellis the smaller pumpkins, would give me more room to grow more than 1 plant too. Are you going to use scrap wood to make your own trellis'? If so pleeeeease share pics.
    ~Did I tell you that NC is my favoritest place on earth? lol My hubby and I spent a week there for our honeymoon. Oh it was so nice, the air is so clean! :) He'd be so jealous if I went without him. ROFL!!!
    ~ Frozen grapes sound great, I like frozen blueberry's. They are the perfect frozen snack. :) Better than a popcicle.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Please everyone take a moment to check out the Upcoming Events Calendar when you get a chance. Thanks!

Kathy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Polly, I received my goodies today! :) I'm really going to enjoy using all of this! :) I love it all. Thanks for being a great swap partner.

My goodies:
    A nice card, I love the print!
    little etched *Harvest* Pumpkin!
    Happy Turkey Day door hanger! Too cute!
    Scarecrow Welcome hanger. :)
    An awesome mason jar candle! Baked apple pie scented.

For seeds:
    Organic Radish Sparkler
    Radish Easter Egg II
    Carrot YaYa (Divine secrets no doubt! LOL)
    Mixed Ornamental Gourds, she must have read my mind! :)
    Endive Batavian Fullhearted
    Brussels Sprouts Catskill
    Onion Parade
    Onion Lilia
    Turnip Purple tops

Thanks again Polly! :) I hope to hear that you've received yours soon too! :)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Nancy Thank you so much for what you sent me. I feel bad for not sending you any special little extras but I was in such a rush and didn't have a box to put the extra trinket thing in I just threw the seeds in a package the night before in the middle of packing and preparing for my get-away.
    Receiving your box today was so nice since I have been sick all freaking weekend!
    She was so sweet and apparently already knows me too well because for my treats she sent me:
    2 pk Fall print(leaves/acorns) Pot holder set
    1 Fall print (leaves/acorns) Oven Mitt (all of which I need cuz I tend to burn every one I get, but will not use these cuz there special)
    Pk Fall Print recipe cards
    Pk Marshmallow
    Seeds
    Pumpkin heirloom
    Baby Pumpkin/ Mini Jack
    Antique French Pumpkins/Cinderella's Carriage
    Rapini/Broccoli Rabe
    Brussels Sprouts
    Spaghetti Squash
    Gourds Large and Small Sorts
    Compact Winter Squash Early Butternut and Delicata
    Italian Bush Beans Roma Improved
    Bush Beans Classic Slenderette

Wow, thanks so very much. I appreciate them very much. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I really do apprecaite it.

Kathy, I imagined putting Big Max on the back of a PU truck and letting one grow to full size then driving it on down to the local fair as I was typing that....ROFLMAO!!!

I am planning on using scrap wood to make the trellis, this year I used tree limbs I cut off of an apple tree that was many years over due for a manicure. They worked okay, was good enough for the cukes but this year was bad on our veggies so I am hoping next year will be better and I will need sturdier supports for everything.

• frenchfrylegs1
    15 years ago

I got mine yesterday just got a chance to post..
    I received many goodies
    a scarecrow beanie, gloves for gardening,
    2 votive candles and leaf holders,
    a very cute halloween goodies bag
    mixed sunflower seeds
    poppy red
    basil
    thyme
    iceburg lettuce
    dill island mammoth...my fav
    cress> I never tried but will now
    cilantro
    pumkins baby boo, jack o'lantern,
    sugar pie,jack be lil',
    cucumber bush
    gourds..bird house & large mixed
    oh my what a nice box. Thank you Kathy some of your stuff I was going to send came yesterday. Dang Parks is not sending it all together...they are playing one a day!! will send remainder by friday..So Sorry. Sent the other because I didn't want you to think I was cheating you.

Sounds like everyone is having fun with this...I love this my family likes seeing what I get and my one DD is trying to steal my stuff, bugger!!LOL
    Everyone have a great week and I am off to work, I am planting bulbs still.It is getting late but I am slow.
    Polly

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Fran, Do not even worry about it. I got a great assortment. I actually planted the Snow Peas already. I will be planting the Broccoli and the Cabbage today just as soon as I can get my lazy rear outside. :o)

I Loved putting it together for you. I had actually wanted to send Chocolate but we were getting crazy weather. Triple Digits the week I was shipping and I was afraid that if it got hot again you would have a mess on your hands.

Kathy, I SFG but I do not follow it to a T. I use his ideas and experiment. I do not plant as much as he states in his book. I did it once and it was a MESS. I like to plant Chinese Bok Choy, salad greens, herbs, and bush beans in the SFG. I planted peanuts for the first time this year in a SFG and they did fine. My first year, I planted Tomatoes and never did it again. They get way too big.

Nancy

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Everybody is getting and sending some fabulous Fall goodies!! Great Job all...we are all going to have extremely sincere Pumpkin Patches next season!!

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Polly, I'm so glad that your package arrived to you safely. I really hope you enjoy it all! :) I certainly didn't think you were cheating me! LOL I was running far behind myself. :) Parks makes up their trickle affect delivery with their bright packages! ROFL!!!

Donna, no doubt! We should have a contest! LOL Pumpkin carving contest anyone? ROFLMBO!!! I think pumpkins are beautiful! Even the crooked ones. :)

Nancy, I was debating on either making a SFG for the Tomatoes and possibly the Peppers together, or Putting the tomatoes in 5gallon buckets so I can bring them inside when the weather gets bad... Not too sure yet though. What did you plant with your tomatoes in the SFG?

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Kathy, It has been so long that I do not remember what I planted with the tomatoes. I think I had only 1 plant and it was on one end and I meant to trellis it but never got around to it and it sprawled onto the walkway. Another problem is that you need to be careful about how big plants get because some will overshadow others. Although, Mel's idea of putting so many different plants in one square is great on paper, in the real world it does not work out all that well. Also, they will all mature differently. I have been putting all one type in each SFG. Like this summer, I had all peppers in one and it did fine. If it were me, I would put the tomatoes in the buckets and put the peppers in the SFG. If you have anymore ?'s, just ask, I am happy to help.

Nancy