Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixiesluvplants

UPDATE: obf fall cleaning swap

pixiesluvplants
16 years ago

OurBloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and have had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja/carol or

skohler/susie via email.

Comments (140)

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Sounds like everyone is getting great packages!

Pixie, I've not forgot you, your box will go out next week-end. I've been off but it has been a busy one. I am guilty of not packing your stuff because to be honest I have been working on packages that are going north, and I want the plants to get settled in before the frost hits us. I've really enjoyed picking stuff out for you and I will send your hostess gift with your other stuff.

A lady that I have taken care of the last two years passed away and I attended the visitation and funeral. We became real good friends, I'm really going to miss her, and it was hard for me to go into her room with out her being there. We are reminded not to get involved but how can you not?

It is warm out again today. Dry, with gusty winds and the temp is 91! Good thing for the winds, other wise it would really be a scorcher out there, and we really need some rain.

Time to get back outside for a while before it is time for me to take a nap before I start my long stretch at work.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies
    Sorry for being MIA For A few days just under the weather with that good ole flu bug again.
    looks as everyone has been doing well :) Very nice boxes
    love the chat .
    still got the ringing in my ears but the rest of me is on the mend I hope :)

I know you all might be wondering about our Oct swap
    well I see lunamoon/jennel did say she was working on it . So Maybe she can get it posted by this weekend . Just Keep watch for it .
    Be sure to let her know if you can play or not play .

well I need to get caught up on other things today so hope everyone has a great weekend .
    susie

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. I just wanted to post real quick before I go shopping whoohooo.

Remy, you're so sweet! Thank you soo much for the hostess gift. I LOVE the Salada Berry Tea, very YUMMY!!!! I also LOVE Dragon Fly's and the Dragon Fly Votive holder is adorable and the cinnamon candle smells good! The Thank You Note cards are always needed too. Thank you soo much for everything and the sweet note.

Smiles,
    Trina

• skohler
    16 years ago

LADIES
    Hi Just posted a swap over on the bulb forum
    thought if anyone wanted in on it take a look peek .

susie

Here is a link that might be useful: susie's bulb swap

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,
    Couldn't sleep so thought I would post the RECEIVED LIST so we can wrap this swap up......

Debbya rcvd from Nancy
    Nancy rcvd from Debbya
    Melissa rcvd from Remy
    Remy Rcvd from Melissa
    Amy rcvd from Sandy
    Sandy rcvd from Amy
    Kimberly rcvd from Gale (per USPS but no word from Kim)
    Sassy Rcvd from Carol
    Carols will be shipped this week from Sassy.
    Trina and Annies both will be shipped this week to each other.
    The only one that I haven't heard from or read about is Kims swap box to Gail. Kim please let us know if everything is ok. Thanks.

If there are any corrections to be made please let me know and post it on here. NOTE... have had some personal issues I had to take care of here but prize boxes will be going out on Monday. Thank you Ladies for being patient with me and I am sorry its taken to long to get your prizes in the mail.

Thank you Ladies for a wonderful Sept. Swap.

Smiles,
    Trina

• skohler
    16 years ago

Gm Ladies
    Well Still Know note from lunamoon as to the OCT swap
    So Would like to maybe get someone to volunteer to do the OCT swap IF HER SWAP IS NOT POSTED BY 6pm TODAY.

You will Be ask to post the New oct swap by sept 26th
    one catch if you have been a Hostess before
    then there won't be any mandator Hostess gifts
    But anyone is welcome to send a thank you card :)

would like someone who has not been a Hostess yet of our group . but others can reply :)) HEHE
    Lets hope Nothing Has happen to luna I'm sure she must have just gotten busy with work or family .

as you all know we try to give all our players time to read the New Swaps to know if they want to play or not .
    so we give from the 15th to the 19th to post the new threads . that also gives everyone time to plan for their boxes to send .

Sorry but will be just a little shorter time frame this month.
    well lets see what happens by this evening anyone wanting to volunteer please Be planning your swap but let me know before 6 pm tonight .

thank you ladies will be gone most the afternoon but will get back to you as soon as i can .
    Have a Great fall day 1st day of AUTUMN :)

susie

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Deb,you are most welcome.Glad you liked your box : )

Well the 1st day of autumn was gorgeous here yesterday..temps in the lower 80's...maybe that means a mild little snow winter??Well at least I can dream.

Thanks for the bulb swap link Susie ..I need to go check that out..

Haven't seen a new thread for October yet..Sure hope Lunamoon is ok..

Wow..sure has been a quiet month around here.Everyone must be really busy..I know.. I should talk..lol..I should post more myself..

Thanks Pixie for the wonderful hosting job you did this month.It was alot of fun : )

Well ladies hope you all have a Great Week : ))
    Nancy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    It has been hectic around here. Good news though, the back of the garage finally got new siding put up. I have to paint it myself though. The real bad news, more of my plants got trampled!! Maryanne's Rose of Sharon started to re-sprout, the workers trampled it. Well, we'll see if it and the other things comes back from that abuse!

Annie,
    Sorry to hear about the lady you took care of. You're right though, how can you not get involved with people you take care of?

Melissa,
    Lol! about the acorn candle. That is too funny. I had no clue she thought she was a squirrel either!

Nancy,
    "maybe that means a mild little snow winter?" LOL!

Susie,
    I wish I could do your bulb swap. You know how I love bulbs. There is just no way right now.

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Forgot to post this yesterday... Prize Boxes.

Melissa your DC # is 0306 0320 0001 9467 2580

Nancy yours is 0306 0320 0001 9467 2573

Carol yours is 0306 0320 0001 9467 2597

I hope ya'll enjoy. Once again, I am sorry it took so long.

Annie your box will go out closer to the end of the week, I am still having fun with it lol.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Pixie,
    I'm not the least bit worried :O) :O)! I am still working on your box as well.

We are getting some rain, and we sure can use it. It is thundering out so I'm not going outside.I might as well do something constuctive inside...maybe some dusting..Yuck!

I have to go back to work tonight and will do 30 more hours between tonight and Friday morning. I already informed upper managment I will not be working this week-end!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Oh Thank God I'm not the only one late! Jeezzzzzzzzzzz, I've had so many Sept. birthdays...its hit me hard and Carol you know you don't have to worry about me, I hope. This month has flown by!

My daughter's birthday is tommorrow, 1:10 am to be exact, lol and our HAZELNUTBUNNY has a birthday tommorrow too, sorry Trina, didn't mean to blow a surprise. I couldn't help remembering Julie & Melissa have the same birthday. Carol your box is packed and ready, I'm so very sorry I'm late. God, I hate it when I'm late, but please know, it will get to you, so sorry hun.

Sassy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Carol your box is finally off, I'm so sorry to be running so late. Hope you enjoy.

Sassy

UPS# 1z6408w10357224269

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Heya all,

omg Imma going to be the last one to send my box out aren't I??? Im getting on the ball really!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

LOL Pixie..you won't be last..my little sis Gale is still waiting for hers too : (

Well I think we are finally going to have the Perfect Day to work outside so..if I am planning on getting anything done I had better get out there huh? Hope you all ahve a great rest of the week!
    Nancy

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gale, you will be receiving a box next week, NOOO ONE is going to be left out of my swap!!! I will post the confirmation # tomorrow afternoon.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I was giving Kim til the end of this week but I still have heard nothing from her regarding the box she rec'd from Gale or a box she committed to send. I am sooo Sorry Gale that I paired you with someone who didn't take this as a committment. Please realize that all the women in GW aren't bad.

We love ya Gale,
    Smiles,
    Pixie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I received a beautiful garden sign from Miss Pixie today!! What a great prize ! And birthday present!! Your timing was perfect.
    You are such a sweetie!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!
    Love ya!!
    Hugs & Squishes!!
    Melissa

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Melissa!!

I also recieved my prize box from Pixie today!Holy Mackerel Girl I wasn't expecting that many bulbs! How Wonderful!! and I Love The Scarecrow Pick Too! Thank You sooo Much Pixie!! You indeed Are a Sweetheart!

Pixie,that is sweet of you to do for Gale.Hopefully she will receive her box or news from Kimberly before the weeks end.

Thanks Again : )
    Nancy

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Pixie & group-

From what I understand, this isn't the only swap that Kim has failed to fulfill her obligations in. I know of at least 2 others that she hasn't sent boxes in as well. But she is hosting the "houseplant" swap and has posted there in the last week, so I honestly don't know what to think.
    So sorry for the horrible welcome into the group, Gale!! I hope one bad swap doesn't deter you from joining in others!! :O)

Melissa

• missg
    16 years ago

Hi all,
    I want to thank everyone at BFG for working
    hard to keep things fair.
    Thank you Gale

• skohler
    16 years ago

Gale , Pixie is right you will get a box in the mail next week from someone in the group :0 . & hope this will not discourage you from other trades .

pixie you can close this on sunday the 30th ok :)) You have done a great job Keeping track of this all . thank you .
    susie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Pixie, I'm late with your package as promised! I didn't get your plants dug to get your package out. but I do have a good excuse. (Well I think it is a good excuse :O)) We have been blessed with another new arrival, her name is Natilie Nicole, 7lbs 14 oz, and 20 3/4 inches long; she is a real cutie. However, she has a bad case of cone head because they had to use the vacuum system to help with the delivery. Other than that both are doing fine!

Gale, yes, like Pixie and Susie noted, no-one gets left out. You can expect a little something from myself as well.

Again Pixie, I'm so sorry, and I will get your box to you on Monday.

Ladies, I must get my car cleaned out, but I will try and post later.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

AWWW CONGRATS ANNIE!!!! I am glad momma and baby are doing fine!. NO WORRIES Sweetie! (that is a WONDERFUL reason! I am sooo happy for you!

I held back on sending any boxes on friday cause I am putting a couple plants in and didn't want them to sit over the weekend. They will go out Monday also.

Smiles and hugs,
    Pixie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Miss G, please e-mail your mailing addy to veeja3@wmconnect.com and I will mail the groups emergency box to you on monday, pixi thankyou for the prize a cute fall wreath. I love it, I am late with your hostess gift ane will mail it monday also. sorry hugs carol

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Morning Ladies,

I am happy you got it Carol, I was scared with the way I packed it, not very good I know. You are very welcome and I am glad you like it.

Ya'll have a wonderful day,

Smiles,
    Pixie

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Melissa,
    Happy Belated Birthday! I'm usually late with my birthday greetings even here at home, lol. I hope it was a good one.

Annie,
    Is Natilie a new grandbaby?! : ) Congrats!
    When I was born they used the big tongs on me, I was told. I looked so horrible my grandmother started crying because she thought I was going to be brain damaged. Ok, I know I set myself up for some jokes with that comment!

Gale,
    So sorry you never got your box! I'm sure you'll get many great boxes to make up for it in the long run : )
    Remy

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

LADIES -

i am so sorry about this month. I have gale's box ready to go and will mail it in the AM. on the way back to the hospital. I thought I was going to get to post last weekend but had to call 911 again for my FIL. DH is staying at the hospital with him tonight so i can get some sleep. hopefully.
    Fluid has built up around his lungs and heart since the last surgery.

I need to leave the group for awhile. with things going on here it is just not fair to everyone else. this is the second month in a row my box has been late.
    i will miss you all but will hop on hopefully occasionally and say hi.

maybe in a few months things will be better.

btw gale. i cannot thing what was in my box but i do remember the vase! loved the box. tyso much

huggs
    kim

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Gale DC# 0306 1070 0001 9492 9658
    Pixie DC# 0306 1070 0001 9492 9665

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Good Afternoon everyone!

Remy, no not a grandbaby (I wish!) another great neice :O) :O)

Pixie, Your box is in the hands of the UPS. Tracking # is 1Z 209 23R 03 4541 8868. You should get it I hope by Wed or Thursday, and I'm sorry for the delay.

It is nice and cool out, a good day for cleaning up the yard.

I hope everyone has a great day!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Annie,

Your box went out today also. The DC # is 03060320000194672627

Gale, yours went out today also and the DC # is 0306 0320 0001 9467 2634

Smiles all,
    Pixie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Carol, I'm so sorry about this box, I don't understand this. That box was shipped the 27th and UPS is saying it will be delivered the 4th? Jeeezzz! Guess theres not alot I can do about it, but I sure hate it.

Sorry hugs,
    Sassy

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I am going to keep this open until all the boxes are received. I hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kim, thank you for the sweet hostess box. The note was very nice thank you. I love the fall plaid kitchen towel with the recipe and cookie cutter. The apple crumb tea lights smelly yummy, as does the jack O candle. The Jack O blinkie is cute too. I can't wait to see what the woodstock Hyancinth are like. Thank you again.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• missg
    16 years ago

Hi all,
    I received my swap from Kim today.
    Kim thank you, so much for all the goodies
    I receive kitchen towels, on one of the towels
    there is a cookie cutter in the shape of a leaf
    and it also have the recipe for sugar cookies, I know
    My Grand children will enjoy making cookies, a note pad
    a number of candles, and a beautiful warn blanket, welcome
    sign for my front door, 2 different kinds of bulbs
    and there's more goodies.
    Thank you Kim, I hope your FIL gets better soon.
    Gale

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Pixie, I've been tracking the package I sent to you and it says on the UPS tracksite that it is in STAFFORD,TX., and is in transit. It also says delivery on Friday.(bummer, I was hoping tomorrow) Maybe it will be updated later tonight; I hope nothing is broke.

Is anyone getting rain? yesterday we got around 3/4 inch, at least that is what was in the rain gauage.

It is really beginning to look like fall here. I can't believe how many leaves on on the ground, and how the leaves are beginning to change.

I hope everyone has a great evening, and I will try and post later.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Awww ANNIE Sweetie, Im not worried, I will be here so no worries.

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OOOPS I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THIS............

THEN SAY 117

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OOOPS I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THIS............

THEN SAY 117

• veeja11
    16 years ago

ok pixi I am officially confused. well looks like miss g got a box from kim and pixi sent her one, so the emergencey box is still available if anyone didn't receive. I am late with my hostess gift but will get it out soon. I'm sorry hugs carol

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I sent ya an email Carol.

And... the posts above with the boy and the jar of candy corn... well lets just say I was having a brunette moment and posted it twice on the wrong thread, yeppers I feel really silly now.

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received a WONDERFUL box from Annie. Sweetie I am still drooling over everything.

Here is what she sent..

Natures Crafts Microwave crafts book
    Fall Kitchen towel, pot holders and hand mitt.
    a purse sized umbrella (which I needed whoohoo no more wet hair when Im out in the rain)
    a Yankee Candle Scarecrow oil warmer sooo cute
    a Yankee Candle Fall pumkin oil warmer, perfect on my secretary
    A Gold Canyon Candle - Carmel Apple (smells terrific!)
    a Sippin Tea picture that looks wonderful on the gossip bench
    a Snowman tin full of this...
    a beautiful friends bookmarker,
    seed baggies
    scented tea lights
    and Zinnia seeds (they are getting planted today whoohoo)
    AND....
    Bearded Iris'
    Harvest of Memories
    Superstition
    Dountless
    Breakers

a Spotted Yellow/Orange Candy Lily
    Ceasars Brother Lily
    some Dark Purple and McKanna Giant Columbines

Sweetie you sent wayy beyond. Thank you for everything I LOVE it all

Pixie

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

DON'T KNOW HOW i FORGOT THIS...

Annie also sent a very cute Halloween Pin, I am wearing it now. Its adorable~

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Trina just wanted to let you know Carols box was finally delivered yesterday, I'm sure she has just been busy with work and hasn't had a chance to post yet.

Sniffles,
    Sassy

Tracking Number: 1Z 640 8W1 03 5722 426 9

Type: Package
    Delivered On: 10/04/2007
    10:23 A.M.
    Delivered To: SPANAWAY, WA, US
    Service: GROUND

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Pixie, I'm glad you liked your box, I'm getting ready to leave for work but will be back on Monday. DH knows what do do with boxes when I'm gone.
    It was 88 again today and suppose to be 90 tomorrow, It sure doesn't feel like fall out.

I hope everyone has a great week-end!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I came home from work yesterday to a wonderful box from miss cattitude. Too tired to post, I loved my box of goodies
    a candle with darling garden candle holder, 2 daylilies. 10 daffy bulbs, 3 other bulbs. ingredients to make a pina coloda cheese ball, savory herbs from bittersweet herb farm, garden gloves, best of all metal plant markers, veggie seeds. hope I didn't miss anything. I love it all thankyou mr sassy. I'm a happy camper. big hugs mr carol

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

whooohooo It sprinkled today but I got to use my umbrella!!!! (ok so maybe it was in the sprinkler but sheesh I couldn't wait for real rain, I wanted to use it!!!!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Carol glad you you liked it.

Pixie looks like you can finally round things up soon, eh?

I know you'll be glad, I hated when everything went over to the next month too, didn't think that would happen, but ya never know. We know Most of us do the best we can:)

Take care everyone,
    Sassy

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

PIXIE,

IÂm just speechless, you outdid yourself, and I canÂt thank you enough for all the goodies you sent me. I hope I donÂt forget anything if I do please let me know!

MY GOODIES:
    The Old Farmers 1908 Almanac
    The Old Farmers 2008 Almanac
    The Old Farmers All season Garden Journal
    The Old Farmers 2008 gardening calendar

Three carved wooded birds, red white and blue
    Three scented soaps that are red, white, and blue

4 votive candle holders that are red, blue, green and yellow
    7 votive mulberry scented candles; smells so good!
    4 little candle holders with tall slim candles.......... so cute

Darwin Hybrid Tulips
    Daffodils Ice Follies

Fall Harvest Potpourri

Cross stitch books, Sweeter than Wine, Merry Christmas ABC, and Christmas Ornaments; YIPPIIII, it is getting that time of year to start again, and these will keep my hands busy.

Lemon Cookies, Honey butter with cinnamon (the recipe include), and Sourdough bread! We had them as a morning treat with coffee and put the Honey butter on top.

Siberian Iris seeds that I will winter sow.
    Iris from your grandmotherÂs yard

Oh yes! a "FOX" OLD WORLD CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT, and yes Pixie I do collect these! I love it and I assure you I will forever remember you when I look at it.

I hope I didnÂt forget anything,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

I ment the Cross stitch book should have been Sweeter than the Rose and NO, I wasn't driniking wine this morning.

LIFE IS GOOD

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OHHH Annie, I am sooo happy you got the box. Now all boxes have been received. I am soo sorry I was such a putter and took so long. I am happy you liked everything.

Smiles,
    Pixie