Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redheadedstepchild75

World Famous Plantaholics Annonymous RR #2

Plantaholics Annonymous Fall houseplant Round Robin

Round 2

Welcome ladies and gents to round 2 of the world famous Plantaholics Annonymous houseplant round robin!

The theme for this round is "Fall Harvest".

What the heck does that mean? Lol It means that fall is a time of bold and bright colorsÂ..whether itÂs the gold, orange and red of the turning leavesÂ..or the purple and green of Halloween. DonÂt forget the brown and orange of Thanksgiving!!

Fall is also a time to have family over and cherish times with themÂ..you always want to have some beauties in your home at that time to make your house look a little more festive!!

I canÂt think of a better time to send a new friend some colorful plants to brighten their homeÂand remind them in the depths of winter that spring doesnÂt have to be the next time they will see bright colorsÂ.they can have them year round with houseplants!

Okay, IÂm cornyÂ.just go with it dude!! Lol

Sign up until 15TH of October. Boxes to be sent out no later than 30TH of October.

Heres the rules:

Send at least 4 or more if you want of plants/cuttings rooted or unrooted that are indoor plant related. Can't send just all one type like African Violet leaves.

After signing up please send me an email (make sure your email is linked to your account or I can't email you and neither can your swap partner!!!)with your updated want list and have list (houseplant related) and I will do my best to coordinate your haves and wants with someone else. Please feel free to also add your haves and wants list to this thread if you like! We all like seeing who has what and being green with envy! Lol

Boxes should be mailed priority with confirmation/tracking numbers so that plants don't get lost in the mail. Please also notify your swap partners of those dates mailed and numbers.

If in case you need to drop out,let us know, we are only human and things happen, we will understand.

Boxes should be sent out on Mondays,Wednesday's or Saturday's so they don't get stuck in the P.O. over the weekend. August is the hottest month of the year!

LetÂs have some fun!!!

Comments (104)

• redheadedstepchild75
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm sorry ladies!! When I get sick I do it up right! lol
    It didn't make matters any better that one day it was 90+ degrees and then the next day it was like 60. lol
    We did get some rain though!! That's a very good thing indeed!

If ya don't mind until I am able to get back on my feet....can we play the alphabet game again? lol
    I know..I suck! I'm sorry!
    This time lets make it.......band names...something easy on the brain! lol
    I'll start...

A: Abba. lol

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    don't worry we totaly understand(worry to speak for everyone)

lets see bands huh???

B - Bananarama

C next
    michelle

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Bands cool

Chicago

And yep California redwood also know as a Giant Sequia beat out the Statue of Liberty in height by just a foot or two....amasing huh.

Frances I sure hope you feel better soon... take care of yourself and get better.

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello

yay I was right, the tree is the winner!!

ok D to me

Def Leopard

E is up
    michelle

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

E huh....well guess I have to say Eddie & The Hot Rods....bring back memories to anyone......lol...or am I telling on my age......lol

F is next

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    well f is a tough one

I had to do some surching

Fish, yes it is a group

michelle

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

hehehehe....here another f for ya The Farts......lol....and yes its an actual group....just had to throw that out there.....

ok that makes it a G...

The Goo-Goo Dolls

H is next

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

Oh! thats a terrible name

ok H to me

Hootie and the blowfish

I next

michelle

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Hehehehehe

I would be the Idols or Ivan and the Chipmonks

J is next

Frances hope you are feeling better....missing you!

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Jackson 5

K is next! :-)

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Hmmmmmmmm

K

K.C. and the Sunshine Band

L is next

How is everyones weekend going....I'm working on a deal with a local gentelman....he is giving away some plants and I was excepted to a local garden group who is having a swap-a-Q in Oct. They have one in the spring as well. Im so excited!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello

L it is

Led Zeppelin

M is next

michelle

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

M it is

The Monkeys

N is next

• redheadedstepchild75
    Original Author
    15 years ago

N...Nirvana! :O)

O is up next.

Has anyone been bringing in their babies from the outside??
    Ohhhhh what an undertaking!! lol

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello

the osmends(I think it is spelled wrong)

yes I started to bring in my tropicals a week ago now it is starting to warm again so I'm thinking about putting them back outside for a week or 2.

P is next

michelle

• chellflower
    15 years ago

How's everyone been? Did anyone else get feel the effects of Hurricane Ike? We came out okay...just lost power for a couple hours, but there were alot of trees downed around here. I managed to get my plants indoors so they were safe too.

I've missed the forum, but...my dog, Stormi Rayne, was diagnosed with cancer and we've been busy doing all we could to make her as comfortable a possible. She was taking an arsenal of meds three times a day, but they finally stopped relieving her pain, so Saturday I had to take her back to the vet...her pain is gone now and she's back home with the Lord. I miss her so much! I'm so use to her being by my side that sometimes I still hear her panting or the sound her claws made when walking across the floor and it breaks my heart all over again! Stormi was two when my first son was born and she's the only dog my boys have ever had...she was like a big sister to them. At least we were fortunate enough to have time to thank her for being such a good girl and looking out for us -she was very protective, and to lavish her with affection... not to mention all of the junk food she wanted...and now we still have ten years of good memories with her. I know time heals, but I sure miss my little girl!...

Bands...P = Pink Floyd..

since Q's a tough one... I'll cover it- Quicksilver

Okay R's next...

• redheadedstepchild75
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Chell I'm so sorry!
    I'll be keeping all of you in my thoughts!

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hi
    I'm so sorry about you little friend, my 4 legged shadow is 11 this year and I can see he is starting to go down hill a bit, can't hear well, his eyes are getting foggy, and he limps more than he dosen't, I dread the eventual end and fear it will be in the next year.

but that is the way of things...

RRRRR...

how about Radiohead

S is next

michelle

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Oh Chell, so sorry to hear about your 4 legged baby....there is a place called the rainbowbridge where all gods creatures wait for us to join them, check it out....Rainbowbridge.com. Glad to hear that Ike spared you as well.

S...how about The Stray Cats,or The Shirts, or Simple Minds, or Sha Na Na....

T is next.

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    T... the turtles

U is next

is the sign up over for this swap, dose anyone know when partners will be set, if we get a cold snap in the next week or so it could be too late for us northerners to send tender plants.

michelle

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi,
    U2... that couldn't have been easier! ;-) Man, I need to check this more often, I'm never going to win!

V is next

Amy

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

V? Oh, Van Halen! That was too easy!

Deb

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

V....

Vertigo,Voodoo You Do,Vortex

W is Next

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Ha, ha, ha...I guess debbya and ladygreensleeves were posting at the same time.

W... White Stripes - one of my favorite bands!!

X is next...oooh that's a hard one.

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    don't worry I think I got it

X...Xanado

I hope thats right

Y is next

OH! I didn't know the sign up were so late I must not have read it right, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the weather stays warmer.

michelle

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Hi Y'all,

Thanks for all of your condolences on the loss of our Stormi..it really helps having friends that care when you're down and blue. I've been really worried about the boys...Stormi was two when my 7 year old, Joshua, was born and she's the only dog they've ever had, but they are both taking it well ( kids are so resilliant). Joshua took a photo of Stormi to school today to share her with his friends and Logan, who's only 3, talks fondly of her often. I think I've been the biggest baby.....I got Stormi before Hubby and I were married so she and I were roommates/family awhile before Hubby and I started our 'human' family, and as with our other kids, I always took care of her needs. Yesterday was the first day that I could think of her without crying, and I know each day it will be a little easier....

Red, how's that new yard looking?

Michelle, your Shadow's limping may be arthritis. Stormi had it in her back for the last couple of years. The vet had me give her Glucosamine and Fish oil which really helped. You can find them at Walmart..may want to call a vet for the correct dosage though....Stormi weighed a good 45 LBs, and her dosage was 2000-3000mg of Glucosamine & 1000 mg Fish oil per day. Good luck with your baby!

Lady Green...thanks for the info on Rainbow Bridge...I'll be sure to check it out!!! Stormi's body is resting in my MIL's backyard, where we can visit her anytime...Joshua has already designed an idea for her headstone (we used to make stepstones and pet markers when I had a craft business so we have molds and supplies left). The boys have chosen 'Morning Glories' to plant nearby to honor her. They are aware that her spirit is in a place the Lord has prepared especially for pets, and the Rainbow Bridge may help them to better understand that..thanks!

Letter Y...okay, let's see if any of y'all remember this one....

'Yngve Malmsteen'

Z is next....

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

ZZ Top!!

:-)

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Chell...your so welcome....thats exactly what the Rainbowbridge is all about.... My bil lost his best friend this past week too...I told him about the site as well.He found great comfort in it. I learned of the Rainbowbridge several years ago when I had to let a kitty go to sleep. I'll never forget my "puttytatt" and the poem that is posted on that site sure helped ease some of the pain.

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to bump this one back up. Hope you didn't forget about it! :-)

Amy

• dtm1966
    15 years ago

Just wanted to post here that I have joined the swap. This will be my first swap on gardenweb. I have hoyas, dischidias, and lipsticks to swap. I am looking forward to it.

Thanks
    Dawn

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Hello everyone and howdy Dawn and welcome to the plantaholics group. Glad you joined us. I have 6 hoyas and a lipstick myself. Is there more than one variety of lipstick?

Has everyone been busy harvesting and getting plants ready for the winter? How many do winter sowing? Here in Fla. I pretty much plant all year long. Some vegtables don't do so well during the hottest summer months, and others do better then. I'm pretty much into tropicals,ornamentals,and houseplants anyway.

Is everyone getting ready for Halloween? I've been making toomstones.....yea you read it right......lol. It's my favorite holiday and officially kicks off the holiday season for me.

Whats everyone else doing?

Regina

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi,
    The weather's changing quickly. I'll be able to ship & receive 'live' stuff for about two more weeks, that's it. We already had our heat on for several nights, and our central air on a few days too! The temps dip from 38* to 82* we usually get snow in November, or icy chilly rain all month.

Is the swap still going? If so, we need our swap Pal's soon, before shipping is impossible in some areas.

Deb

• redheadedstepchild75
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just wanted to let everyone know..I've been super busy.
    I'm so sorry for slacking off on your! I totally suck!

I publish artwork from my sons school to this big website called artsonia....it's pretty cool! lol

No excuse however!

I am going to give out partners today instead of tomorrow...so you can have an extra day to talk with your partner about getting things together.

I am also for being a total slack going to send everyone who joined alittle something something :) as hopefully a makeup gift for being a not so great hostess this round!

If you don't mind...please send me an email with your address so I can get these out in the mail to you! Also, in your email, tell me what your favorite color is!! :)
    If ya also don't mind....put in the title of the email Plantaholics swap address...so I can make sure I know to put it in my swap folder...cuz I also get work via email now....it will just be easier for me to keep things sorted out that way!

Okay......onto what you have all been waiting for! lol

Let me say....a big huge thank you to all who joined! I know most of you...and you rock major socks! To the new swappers....thank you very much for joining, and I hope this experience makes you hungry for more houseplant swaps! lol

Here are the partners:

Regina ( ladygreensleves) and Debbya

Chellflower and Diego01991

Redheadedstepchild and dtm1966
    Redheadedstepchild and Micyrey

I look forward to swapping and talking with my partners....and I hope you all make some new friends in the process too!! :)

DTM1966 and Micyrey...emails are on their ways to you!! :)

It would be really cool to come back here and post when you have received your package...and the dc numbers of your packages for your partner to track.
    Pictures are always welcomed as well! :)

You are all awesome...thank you for joining!!!
    Don't forget to email me with your address and favorite color!!

• chellflower
    15 years ago

WhooHoo, we finally got our partners!

Dieg01991, (Amy)....I sent you an email.
    Look forward to trading with ya!

Thanks for hosting Red, great job!
    Chellflower

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi Chell!
    I got your email and I replied. My trade list is up to date. I even have links to pictures for most of my plants. Red, you totally inspired me to get pictures of my plants posted. It's a work in progress, but I'm getting it done...thank you!!!

Anyway, Chell, let me know what you think.

Talk to you all soon,
    Amy

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Amy, I sent you another email.

Wow, your trade list is sooo cool with the photo links? I wish I knew how to do that!

Chell

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi Regina,
    I sent you an email, please let me know if you didn't get it. My trading time (shipping) is so limited. Our weather's turning really chilly. Should I send you a surprise box? Or do you want to pick out stuff from my list. If so, I sent you an email of what I have available.

Deb

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Amy....I sent your package today.
    Priority conf. # 0306 0320 0001 4525 0836

Let me know when it arrives...Enjoy!

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi Chell,
    I sent your box this morning. DC # 0308 1400 0000 8959 6441
    Hope you get it fast and in good health!

Talk to you soon,
    Amy

• dtm1966
    15 years ago

Hello Frances

I sent out your box today priority mail
    Tracking number 0103 8555 7496 6379 8204
    I hope it gets there quickly, in good shape and that you like the contents

Let me know when it arrives
    Dawn

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    Red - I still need your address, I have emailed you, but I don't know if you got it. I have the plants ready to go, but it is too late to ship this week.I'm not sure what to do we are going to start having freezing temps next week and I rilly don't want to ship plants or receve plants that will just freeze. please let me know what you want to do.
    michelle

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I got my box from Chell yesterday!!! What a great trade. Chell sent me...

Hoya fungii
    Callisia fragrans- basket plant
    Bromelliad Guzmania
    Bromelliad Tillandsia Cyanea
    Canna Yellow King Humbert
    Canna Richard Wallace
    Epi cactus
    Desert Rose Star of Red Sparkles
    Desert Rose Super Noble Concubine
    Norfolk Island Pine
    Elephant Ear Mammoth

Lots of plants from my "wants" list and all new plants for me!!! I can't decide which one I am the most excited about...I love them all!! Thanks again Chell for the excellent trade!!

Hope you all have a great day,
    Amy

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    Miss Red Head - our night time lows will be in the 50s next monday, tues, and wend so I will send then if you say it is ok. that would also be a good time for you to send if you can.
    thanks for understanding
    michelle

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Hi all Plantaholics..

I got my package from Amy. She sent me...

Rubber Tree variegated
    Golden Pothos
    Blood Leaf Variegated 'Iresine Herbestii'
    Magenta Dracaena
    Black Dragon Coleus
    Begonia 'Cocktail mix' (dark pink, reddish)
    Wandering Jew (LOTS !)

Also bonus plants:
    Cuban Oregano variegated
    Pothos variegated
    spider variegated

All plants/cuttings arrived in great shape. Thanks for such a fun trade Amy (I can't believe we managed to trade so many that we didn't already have!)

Thanks again Red for hosting!
    Chell

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Hello Plantaholics.....what wonderful trades!

Have been in touch with Deb(debbya)and sent her box(hopefully got sat)and received mine. She sent wonderful cuttings of Hoya "Bella" and "Pubicaylx". Also some cuttings of Episcia and Streptocarpella these are new plants for me. I've not seen them offered anywhere before, so I look forward to watching them grow. And also she sent a 2x2 cactus and a cuttings from a fuzzy Wandering Jew.
    Thank-you Deb for a wonderful trade!

Hope the weather holds out for those still waiting and trading. We actually had a cold front move thru here....I'm in South Florida....and temps. fell too upper 40's one night! That is rare for us. That happens in Jan-Feb. sometimes. Or we get a hard frost about then....thats what turns oranges orange and makes them sweet like me.....lol....ok did that just gag everyone.....lol.

Thanks to Redheadedstepchild for hosting a wonderful swap!!! You rock girlfriend!!!

Regina

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    red - the weather looks to be holding on the warm side till fri, so I will got your box on the way tomarrow.
    I thought it was going to stay cold but we are lucky.
    michelle

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Regina,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful box of plants! I've had so much on my mind lately with my Mom's surgery (it was today) that I forgot to post, sorry.

Everything is doing very well, and when I have more time I'll list everything you sent. I've been at the hospital all day and am so ready for bed!

Hugs,
    Deb

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    Redheadedstepchild - I sent out your box last tuesday, but I have not receved my box yet. please let me know if you are going to send it soon, the weather is getting very cold. I wanted you to send it last week becouse it was warmer, but I guess you didn't check the post. please let me know if you will be sending and when.
    thanks michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    has anyone heard form redheadedstepchild, I sent her a box of plants almost 2 weeks ago and I have not gotten anything inreturn not an e-mail or anything. I have tried e-mailing her but still nothing. I was rilly looking forward to this swap but this is disapointing to have almost no communication from her.
    if anyone knows what has happened to her please let me know
    thank you
    michelle

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Michelle,
    That's a total bummer!! I hope nothing bad happened with Red. I traded with her in the past Plantaholics Annonymous RR and she was great to trade with. I hope that you get a hold of her soon.

Amy