Rosebud_2050 sends to

Cedarnest sends to

Amybabyboy3 sends to

Scouttiegirl sends to

Tastefullyjulie sends to

Limequilla sends to

Giverny4me sends to

Micke sends to

Kayemell (who I am still waiting to hear from... if I don't Micke will send to Debbya) sends to

Debbya

Feel free to contact each other to discuss want you'd like to give/receive. Or, if you want to be surprised, tell your partner they can just send anything.

Minimum 6 divisions, can be more than one of the same if desired. Have fun!!!! I'd like everyone to have received their box by Oct. 1st.

Kayemell, come out come out wherever you are......

Comments (45)

• kayemell
    17 years ago

I'm here! I'm here! I'm playing...check your e-mail.

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

For myself, any healthy perennials would be just fine...thanks for organizing this Julie.

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

My box is going out tomorrow morning. Will post then with delv#. Hope you enjoy everything Julie. Have a great weekend~Heather

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Ok Julie your DC# is 03052710000077467207. You should get it on Monday. Enjoy the sunny weather this weekend~Heather

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Heather, I can't wait. Except, no sun here yet, still waiting...

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Limequilla, your box is all set to go out tomorrow. I can't believe I forgot to label the plants! So I will tell you here what they are. I sent you my hardiest, most unstoppable plants - which is why I have so much of them to spare ;) The tallest one is a Japanese iris. I cut it back but it gets about 4 feet tall. Since there are so many kinds of iris I have linked a picture of what they look like that I found on the web. It's a painting, but it's a strinking resemblance, lol. The plant that looks a bit like a daylily is liatris spicata. It's also 4 feet when in bloom. It gets a purple spiky flower with makes an excellent cut flower for arrangements. It likes sun to part sun. The one that looks like a tangled mess of roots is evening primrose, sundrops. It blooms all day rather than just in the evening. This is my favorite plant but be warned it will SPREAD. Either give it room or keep it contained. Don't worry about the way it looks now, just get the white parts buried and water them in. It will grow like gangbusters next year. If you have a trouble spot where nothing grows, this will grow there (unless it's too wet). I'm sure you'll recognize the hosta. The 2 in pots are maltese cross, alba - the white variety. Another tall one for sun. And lastly, blushing bride rose of sharon. Sorry it is so small but I was running out of room. Actually I wanted to send a couple more things but since the divisions were so big I couldn't fit another single thing in the box. I was also looking at your trade list and noticed I have a few of the seeds you are looking for. I have convolvulus blue ensign, painted tongue, others. And I just noticed for the first time that you have liatris seed most likely meaning you already have liatris, I'm so sorry I didn't see it before. Anyway, hope you like the box and let me know if you'd like any seed. I was going to throw them in but, of course, I forgot to before I sealed it up!!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1301373}}

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kristen,
    I hope you got your parnter's info. I sent it to you but I don't see it in my sent items box.

Also, if anyone didn't receive their partner's info please post here. All should have received it by now. Thanks!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Amybabyboy3 Your Plants are on their way!! Shipped USPS priority #0103 8555 7497 1631 0681
    Hope you enjoy them : )They will probably look a little unhappy when they arrive ( they have never been away from home before)LOL but will perk up nicely when planted in that Georgia soil and be gorgeous come spring : ) Happy Gardening!!Nancy/Cedarnest

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Heather,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Did I mention I wanted to thank you for the plants?

I love them all, and they look so nice and healthy. You couldn't even tell they had been in the mail. You really went above and beyond! Don't worry about the raspberry wine, I put the double decker in the space I had planned for that and it will look even better. I can't wait for the amsonia to bloom.

Thank you so much. Your garden must be breathtaking!

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Nancy, Thank you so much, I am so excited!!!!!!!!

Heather, I am still working on your goodies. I want it to be special and I think everything I have is ordinary and not on your wish list. I hope someday my garden looks like yours it is just so awesome!!!!! Amy

• micke
    17 years ago

Kayemell, your box went out this morning, confirmation # 0305 0830 0001 2019 5544. hope you like everything!
    micke

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Hi Julie,

What a great (and HEAVY!) box of plants from New York! I wish Parks and Wayside would send plants this big! Maybe I wouldn't kill so many.

Thanks again! Oh, and thanks for posting names...I thought I was doing real well when I recognised the hosta hahahaha.
    Really, you would not know they had been in a box for 2 days by the condition...just wonderful!

I am especially excited about the Japanese Iris. Do they really need to be by water?

Lime

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lime,

I've read that they don't need above average moisture and mine don't get it. I have some in average moisture(never dry) and morning sun and I have some in an area that gets all day sun but can be quite dry. I only moved a few to the dry area this spring and they were small. They never bloomed but they grew and lived so time will tell.

If I were you I would pick a somewhat moist spot that gets a good amount of sun for the best performance.

Julie

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

mailed my box to cedarnest/Nancy today...confirmation# 03061070000292545972...I hope you enjoy my garden extras .....
    Shirley /rosebud_2050

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I'm running a little late with my box. We have been having so much rain! Fall is arriving really early this year. I should be able to dig (work in the yard) this weekend (Sunday) and my box will go out Monday. Sorry for the delay, I'm usually early sending packages out!

Deb

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Hi Amy, I will love anything you send. Please don't feel that you have to find something off my wants. Those are just dream lists...lol. I have tons of room and anything you send will be much appreciated.
    The rain has finally stopped here and I am off to do some much needed clean up in the yard. Yes it seems fall is already here! I better get a move on.......Hope everyone enjoys the upcoming weekend~Heather

Julie-Glad everything arrived safely. Hope everything makes a wonderful addition to your gardens. The double decker may need to grow back a strong root system before double flowering again.

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

CEDARNEST,
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MY PLANTS THEY ALL ARRIVED TODAY AND I ALREADY HAVE THEM PLANTED.
    COREOPSIS MOONBEAN
    RUDBECKIA GOLDSTRUM
    WEEPING FORSTYHIA BUSH
    DOUBLE PURPLE CONEFLOWER
    RED HOT POKER PLANT
    HOLLYHOCK MALLOW AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST LEMON DROP DAYLILY.
    Thank you, Amy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

You are very welcome Amy,Good to know you were happy with them.I just love being able to share instead of throwing them away after I have thinned.Something about tossing away plants that makes me shiver! : ) Nancy/cedarnest

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

My box from Rosebud_2050/shirley arrived.Awesome!Your garden must be wonderful.I received lantanas,salvias,bee balm,jasmines,coreopsis,chocolate chip ajuga,blanket flower,chocolate vine,and sweet autumn clementis.Holy Cow shirley,Did you keep any for yourself?LOL Looks like I will be busy planting all weekend.Thats fine by me.I like nothing better than playing in the dirt! My birds and butterflies will be in hog heaven come spring!Thanks so much for sharing your garden extras with me. : ) Nancy

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Micke, I have'nt forgotten you! Your box is going out Monday, will post confirmation number here,Susan, giverny4me.

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Heather,
    I am sending your box out Monday also, hope you enjoy. Your pal, Amy

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This is going great! I think Micke, Heather,
    Debbya, and Rosebud are the only gals waiting for boxes but they're all going out soon. Let us know what you get...

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Debbya, do not fret -- your box is on its way tomorrow.

And Micke, thank you so much for all the goodies! Your box was waiting for me when I returned from my trip this evening. I was so happy to receive the 7,843 seeds you sent! ;-) You must know that I have three new freshly-dig beds just waiting for new seeds. Thank you for the other treats as well. You are a sweetie!

• micke
    17 years ago

Kayemell
    Did the hosta make it okay? I have a ID for the yellow canna as well, it is a Richard Wallace, and I think the yellow and orange is Florence vaughn.
    micke

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Everything survived the trip just fine! Thank you so much for packing everything so well, and for your generosity!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My package went out today for Shirley. USPS #0306 0320 0005 0614 2091.

I hope you enjoy it Shirley, if anything perished on the way, just let me know. I'll gladly replace it!

Deb

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Micke's package is on the way...confirmation number 0301 0120 0003 0835 8482 sent from my lucky p.o. let me know if everything arrives in good condition.

Julie, I didn't receive either, however Lime did email me to let me know she was working on it.

Have a great week ladies!/Susan/giverny

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Deb -- Your package went out today -- Delivery Confirmation Label Number: 0103 8555 7498 0543 4489.

Let me know when it arrives!

Hugs,

Kristen

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susan, sorry about that! My brain doesn't always work but I'm glad to know you and Lime are on top of things, lol.

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Yes, we've just been inundated with rain hereand I can't* get in the beds to dig! Luckily my partner is in Florida and I feel like I have a little extra time you guys don't have!

* I should change "can't" to "couldn't" because it looks like it's drying out nicely and I can dig this afternoon and tomorrow and ship out on Thursday.

Lime

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Lime, no worries, better safe than soggy. ;)

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Amy today. Wow Amy I love everything you sent! My box had:
    - Tuscawilla Tigress daylily-going into the zoo garden-one of our biggest wants was animal named daylilies-thanks a bunch-I googled it and it is beautiful
    -pennisetum-little bunny-another of our wants for the zoo garden
    -coreopsis-3 kinds-sunray, baby sun and lance leaved-all wanted also. can you believe I had not one single coreopsis in my gardens....I know hard to believe. Thank you!
    -and a pink crepe myrtle-I already have a spot picked out for this as well
    Thank you so much again Amy I really do love everything. Today is the perfect day for gardening. I am in the process of planting other things left still in containers from wintersowing. Hope everyone else's day is as lovely their way. Happy Gardening~Heather

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Heather, I am so glad that you liked everything and hope they all grow really good for you. Take care, Amy

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Susan,

I sent your package out today -- it was raining cats and dogs when I left the PO, so it' a good thing I dug when I did!

Delivery Confirmation #
    0305 2710 0001 0316 1642

Lime

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

I recieved my swap from Deb today.she sent coleus,blackie sweet potatoe,fire cracker loose strife,kong coleus,daylily stella de'ora,ajuga,sea holly/with a nice plant marker.thank you Deb,they all arrived in great shape.We are having some really nice cooler weather and I have been having fun in my yards ,Now I have some nice plants to add to my collections.Thanks Deb,and thank you Julie for hosting .Shirley

• micke
    17 years ago

I recieved my box from giverny4me today, she sent me Turner Subulata 'alba', Liatris (purple), Wistera 'Alba' Salvia 'Russian Sage' Playtycodon 'KOMANCHI'!!!! and Tulips 'QUEEN OF THE NIGHT'!!!!!!! THANK YOU ! It is odd, I was looking at Queen of the Night tulips just yesterday and had to pass on them, everything is just so wonderful and arrived in great condition, everything you sent me has been a want, but never put all of them on my list.
    thank you soo much, and thank you Julie for hosting and letting me join this wonderful swap!
    micke

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Micke===Your welcome! The clerk at the post office is always fascinated to see what I'm sending off in my boxes so I don't tape 'em up till the last possible second....he doesnt believe stuff arrives alive. Micke emailed me I sent her a pair of scissors too. That would be your "bonus" Micke! lol. I buy 'em in packs of six whenever I get near an IKEA cause I am forever doing stuff like that!

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That is SO funny!

I think we're almost done here and we haven't even reached the deadline for mailing which was Oct. 1st. Great job! What a group of overachievers, lol.

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

btw, what's special about IKEA scissors??

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My box from Kristen just arrived. I didn't have a chance to open it yet. But, wanted you to know it's here! Will post later~

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

'Morning Ladies! Well I received my box from Limequilla Friday afternoon,was excellent timing because I was out digging and moving stuff in anticipation. Here is what I received from Lime/Suzy:
    mum-white- Yeah! It is all happy in the "white" bed!
    daisy-Becky( I just the day before ordered wirral daisy from bluestone so I am so excited to put this with it in my "white" bed.....)
    ratibia-Red Midget (I've wanted this for a long time!)
    rudbeckia speciosa, this was a large clump, divided out it I have 5 pots of it now - wow!
    anemone- label says either bluestone or it is blue? could'nt read it but love it!
    AND a daylily, a large division with nice fat roots. It is all happy in a pot till I figuire out its forever home....I couldnt tell if it had a name (doesnt matter to me) or what color it is but I have unconditional love for daylilies, lol.
    Thank you Suzy it was a great box, I really appreciate it.
    Susan

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Oh, good! I was hoping you wouldn't have to wait until Monday.

The daylily matches the Rudbeckia in color...it is a named variety, but that tag has been gone for a decade.

The anemone was bought from Bluestone, but I forget the name. It was a LONG time ago - maybe 10 years? It matches the callicarpa you already grow.

Lime

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this swap a wrap? I'm soooo proud, it went without a hitch. I just realized I never listed everything I got from Heather. I think I wanted to avoid jealousy because it was so awesome- LOL But everyone got awesome stuff so here's what I got:
    viola freckles, amsonia, centranthus ruber, monkshood, echinacea double decker, astrantia, orange creeping thyme... hmm feel like I'm forgetting one but if I am it was awesome too :) It's practically my whole wish list so now I need to think of some new things to put on there!

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Thanks for hostessing Julie!!!

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Julie -- This was a FABULOUS swap! Thank you for hosting. You are the hostess with the mostess.

Oh, and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

I can't do graphics because I am computer-illiterate, but I am going to find a teenager to show me some day. So until then, picture a cool cake with glowing candles to celebrate your special day.

Love, Kristen (KayEmEll)