Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

NEW: The Petal Pushers are back!

sassyd
16 years ago

Welcome to the Petal Pushers!

This will be a monthly swap. Everyone is invited to join. I'm not adding alot of rules and regulations to this group, I want this to be a fun swap that people will want to join in and enjoy themselves. If you sign up in any given swap , you're considered a member. Now with that said, I'm not putting a number on how many swaps you have to be in, its your choice. Life happens and we can't always be involved. Alot of us girls have been around a good while and know each other but we welcome new people. I do ask that you understand, if you're new and your swap partner for that particular month does not know you, you are REQUIRED to send your box first. And we all know that we need to post when received. Very important, your partner is patiently waiting to hear from you. You should use delivery confirmation when sending, it could save your bedonkadonk! (Anyone that doesn't know what that means, email me, I'll be happy to explain! lol) I will ask for the ones that want to be more involved to host a month, just let me know what month you'd prefer. That will take alittle of the load off of me and make it lots more fun having different ideas than my little brain can come up with. When you sign up I will send out a small questionaire, not to worry, I don't need your great grand-mothers maiden name! lol (JK) Just a little info about your likes/dislikes to help your swap partners. I figured alot of you girls are already committed to Sept swaps so lets start this off in October! If I think of anything else I'll add it later, but I'm just trying to keep it simple for all of us. Hope it sounds good to you girls.

If anyone has any other ideas please email me, always open to suggestions.

Ok, for now, this is our October Halloween Spooky swap! I'll be hosting and please if you want to send plants try send something with a halloween themed name. One year I received a daylily named 'Witches Brew' and loved it! Other than that send what you want, but if you're sending decorations, etc, we want our partner to receive in time to display for the big night. You can alway just use a fall theme, but hate to pass on a holiday! Thought we may use the fall theme for Thanksgiving, but that up to whom ever wants to host, and if no one else can, I will, no problem.

Ok, lets get this party started!

Sassy

Comments (150)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Carol, if you sent an email to me I haven't received it. Please post here after you sent it with your addy. Thank you!
    Tracy

• galium
    16 years ago

HNB-Melissa, I received your email.
    Thanks,
    Mariann

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Woo Hoo - New York!!! Have fun, Monica!!!!!

Hope are feeling all better soon, Sassy!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Miss Tracy, Maam.......Here is your DC#, such as it is:
    I hope your box arrives promptly & intact for your opening pleasure!
    Have a great weekend!!! :O)
    Melissa

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

So excited! Can't wait! I am getting a bunny box! Woowie! Thank you!!!

• galium
    16 years ago

HNB-Melissa, I mailed your box today.

DC# 0103 8555 7492 9315 3503

Enjoy,
    Mariann

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Beautiful babies. waiting patiently for first gg baby here. Sassy feel better. Traci I sent you an e-mail. deb please send me your addy and wish list. I lost it. best to all tired carol

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hi Carol, I got it thank you. It is all ready to go out tuesday!

Tracy

• hotshott
    16 years ago

OM GOOSHNESS! I'm finally in NY and had my first hard day. Mom kept the babies for me and I got to go shopping, so it made up for the work.
    Becki, I e-mailed you and FYI- I plan on sending your package on Tuesday... :)
    -Monica

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Monica, i am completely jealous. You got to spend the whole day shopping? With no children? In New York? I swooned at the thought! Lucky Girl! How is your mom? Completely wiped out or over the moon for getting to keep the babies all to herself?

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey girls! I actually think I may live, not sure check with me the end of the week, lol Today was my first fever free day! I guess I shouldn't say that, days not over yet, but wishful thinking. I did cook dinner tonight, which is a first in awhile. And ate about a handful, well if nothing else I'm losing weight! Thats always a plus! Don't get me wrong, don't feel like a "nutbunny" but I'll be ok soon:))

{{gwi:1301421}}

Ok, how we doing on shipping girls? Today is the 8th, not rushing anyone, but lets keep this moving, if I've kept track correctly, Melissa and Mariann have shipped.

Anyone else? Please post delivery confirmation. Thanks

Monica, beautiful babies!!!!!!!! Smoochies! You know, we have 2 McKenzies in the Pedal Pushers, yes mamn, uh uh uh, not to forget my Kenzie........

Sorry Julie has my memory card with the new pics, will bop her when I have energy. Naaaah, jk

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hey sassers! good to see you up and around dear! I hope the fever stays gone for you! I have my box all packed and ready, adding the live plants in the morning and it will be at the PO by NOON!

We had Strep throat hit our house last week, my oldest came down with it on Thursday, now my 2nd oldest is coming down with it too. I will be calling the good old doctor in the am to say another round of strep tests please! Please put in a few good wishes out there that the other 3 kids don't get it! PLEASE?

Carol, don't worry, I am washing my hands diligently and promise I have kept your items germ free. No germs coming your way dear! Will be posting DC in the morning.

Thanks!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you sweetie! It's been along time since I've been this sick, and taken me this long to get over it. Keep in mind, it comes with the territory of getting old! lol, Funny but true. I can't remember the last time I had my a@@ whipped, but it happened again week before last? lol

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

The many faces of Sassy.....

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Oooh, baby! Thems is many personalities! lol! Better get back into sparring shape miss sassers! Gonna be waiting with the paddle! lol!

Is this bunny bothering you? You want me to teach her some respect? lol!

Smooch bunny! how are you tonight darlin?

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hey...I play fair!!
    Why...just look how I was playing with Sassy the other day!!

• galium
    16 years ago

Sassy-So happy you're feeling a little better.

Tracy-I remember how illnesses swept through us kids when I was little. Strep is no fun..........

HNB-Cute cats LOL Love the Creepy kitty.

I'm going over to spend time with DD today. She called me 3 times yesterday. Can't blame her for being so miserable.

Have a great day everyone.
    {{gwi:1301426}}

• hotshott
    16 years ago

Just posting to check in.....my package will be in the mail today,,,I'll post the DC when I get a minute...
    I'm in Itahca, NY. Upstate. It is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I'm working hard and trying to enjoy myself as much as possible (trying to keep sane that is) I miss my husband like crazy, but it's nice to have my family around.

Sassy, I'm glad you're feeling so much better!
    How old is your McKenzie?

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hello Carol!

I have your DC# for you! It is 0103 8555 7492 2243 1122.
    I hope you enjoy everything!

Monica,
    So glad you are having a good time with the family! I have never been to Ithaca, New York City and Buffalo only. I would miss my hubby too. When do you head back home?

Tracy

• hotshott
    16 years ago

Tracy,
    Not really sure when I'll be heading back home. It's looking like next weekend.

Becki "my" Love...I got your package in the mail today...you're DC # is 0306 3030 0003 4416 8247
    Please let me know when you get it. I had to send it Slug Snail mail---it saved me a couple bucks that way. I've got to buy formula, diapers, wipes and baby food tomorrow...every penny counts.
    I can't help but to spend the money on this though...letter/package sending is my passion (besides crafts and gardening)

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Monica sounds lovely, take pics for us if you can. My little gbg McKenzie turned 7 months on the 21st of Sept. I haven't been able to keep her for about 5 or 6 days now and its just about to kill me! I miss her so bad:( I just can't seem to shake this cold/flu or the fever, everytime I think I feel a little better its right back (the fever) the next day. I'm just not used to feeling bad, I'll be glad when this is over. Enough of that, you enjoy your time there!

Okay so far I have these girls as shipped........

Mariann
    Melissa
    Tracy
    Monica post dc when you can

Now the rest of you.....no need to get into a frinzy, you have 5 days left. And if it takes 6 you won't get scratched by the Sassycat, we just want everyone to be able to enjoy their halloween decorations.

I'm looking forward to seeing alittle more talk and alot more action in this thread!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL, thanks for the dc #, I think we were posting at the same time. Have a great time!

Sassy

• mellen
    16 years ago

Monica, Your box is ready to go out tomorrow. I will post the DC # when I get it.

Sass, it's frustrating, isn't it? I caught a flu this summer that wiped me for a whole week. I had not had anything like that since my 20's which was a "few", ahem, years ago. Anyway, it was really nasty. Have you been to the Dr., I don't remember?

Mary Ellen

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mellen, it sure is. Its alot harder to get over this mess when you're older, for sure. No I haven't been to a doc, but I may have to. Jerry was out of work all week and you'd have to know him.....that doesn't happen. Anyway he's better, and I thought I was too but here comes the fever again, so I don't know, I'm just tired of this. I'm used to feeling good and just a fun person, I sure don't feel fun right now. Even though I want to:)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Yay! I received a FANTASTIC box from Mariann today! This was such a great surprise...waiting on my porch for me when I got home this afternoon! Inside I found:

A very nice Halloween card!
    A small tin watering can w/ 6 packs of seeds! YAY!
    Cherry blossom lotion & shower gel.....yummy!
    Lavender sage candle (in a tin!)
    A pretty pink votive
    Yellow gardening gloves
    A very neat book! -How to grow Annuals- *this will come in VERY handy...and will be SO helpful!!!

Lots of bulbs!! (this is my first year growing bulbs! I'm so excited!!!)
    Tulips- mixed & "passionale"
    Daffodils- "Barret Browning" & "Ice Follies"
    Allium
    Crocus Vernus- "Remembrance"

Wow! THANK YOU THANK YOU, Mariann!!! This was a fabulous box!! I'm a very happy bunny!!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Wow miss bunny, that does sound like a great box of goodies! Very nice!

Sassy, Darlin, I am going to yell at you a bit dear. If you have had a fever for more than 6 days then you absolutely need to go to the doctor. There is no playing around after that long. GO! That is an ORDER! I'm not playing. Besides, if you don't go, then Kenzie can't come over and play. Now, do I need to get the paddle?

• galium
    16 years ago

Melissa-I'm so glad you're a happy bunny and you liked what I sent.
    Mariann

• mellen
    16 years ago

Sassy, my friend, I am rather disturbed to hear that you have not been to the Dr. You have had this fever too long now. It is NOT something to mess with after this length of time. You MUST go see someone. Please! Stop putting it off, pick up that phone, and call for an appt. Today. Okay? Care about 'ya too much!!! :)))

Mary Ellen

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Sassy girlfriend!!! These ladies aren't telling you to go to the dr for nothing! Dangit you have had this for too long, you better go or I will come there and beat your behonkis then take ya to the dr with a red hiney!!!

Love ya sweet Sassy thats not minding!!!

Pixie

• galium
    16 years ago

Sassy-Hope you are feeling better. I don't want to jump on the band wagon although I have to agree. A cold is one thing however you can easily develop other problems. IE pneumonia, bronchitis or a sinus infection. We are just worried about you.
    Take care,
    Mariann

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Emma and I got your box today! Thank you sooooo much! Emma was so thrilled with all of the goodies that Aubeni sent to her! Here she is! Along with a beautiful Hand Towel for my stove that I am pretty sure that you made! I love it!
    {{gwi:1301427}}

The box was so full, the poor mailman was buckling under the weight of it, I felt sorry for him and met him at the truck so he wouldn't have to carry it all the way to the house! LOL! Here is the LOOT from Melissa!
    White Daffodils, Plant Markers (I need these sooo bad),
    Candles: Pumpkin Spice, Vanilla, Rose Apple (they all smell awesome!)
    A Heart Shaped Door Hanging that says Autumn with little autumn leaves
    2 Kitchen Towels (I always need more of these!!! SO many dishes to do)
    2 Packs of Decorative Computer Stationary! Too cute! Love them!
    Gevalia Greco Caffe Coffee (YUM!)
    Avon Shower Gel, Baby Powder and Butterfly Bar Soaps
    Pina Collata and Margarita Mix Bar Soaps (Lord Help me if I get pulled over by the coppers after I have washed up! LOL!)
    Handmade Kitchen Hand Towel with the precious applique bear! I love the way it is made like a dress! It is so sweet!
    Little Bug Gift Cards with funny faces!

Emma got a bunch of goodies from Melissa's Daughter Aubeni!
    Little Emma sized trowel and gardening claw!
    Cherry Pie Bubble Bath
    Tons of fun stickers!
    2 bottles of Blowing Bubbles that are shaped like ice cream bars, 1 chocolate and 1 strawberry!

Melissa and Aubeni, Thank you very much for this amazing box of goodies! Emma and I love everything! You really made our day! We will have so much fun out planting our bulbs together and now she won't keep stealing my trowel! Yippee!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Glad you girls liked the box of goodies, Tracy! :O)
    I got the idea for the little garden tools after Aubeni stole the ones Annie sent me a few swaps back! lol So when I saw some at the market after partners were posted, I had to get some for Emma! :O)
    ~~Aubeni is convinced that EVERY little girl needs bubbles in her bath...especially CHERRY scented ones. (and if Miss Emma puts those stickers all over your furniture...sorry...I DID warn you, though!) lol

• hotshott
    16 years ago

OK ladies, sorry about that. I DID get the package sent out on Tuesday. I tried to post the DC at mom's but she has old school phone line and this page would just time out cause of all the pics.

Well, anyway...here is the DC... 0306 3030 0003 4416 8247

Becki, I wanna say I'm sorry ahead of time...I didn't realize we were to send so many things. I'll make it up to you though. ;)

Well, I'm currently preparing a huge sale at my parents storage units for the weekend. My mom's got the girls tonight so I can get a good nights rest...YIPPY!

I am SO exhausted. I just also made a floral arrangement with fowers made of cantelope, honeydew and watermelon for my step mother's friend in the hospital. It looks really nice. I forgot my digi cam for the trip so I'll borrow someone else's tomorrow and take a pic of it.

I hope you're all well and I'll check in here and there.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Sassy, are you ok? We haven't heard from you and I am getting concerned. I am thinking of you.

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tracy, I'm fine now hun or will be. Thank you all for your concern. I certainly had a few bad days there, finally fever free! I'll try to post later today, Kenzie's here and wants my attention, lol.

Sassy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Good, I am glad to hear you are nearly 100%.
    Tracy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

glad your feeling better miss cattitude.I received a great box from Ed Corrigan today, 3 kinds of tulips, a daylily and supertition iris. I am in two swaps this month and got supertition in both, is it the month or do folks think I'm a dark person? I also got a pumpkin candle a glass mosaic candle holder and peppermint hand cream. Thankyou Ed I love it all. Deb your box will go out first of week, gotta go to the store to buy that pumpkin poop. I worked long hrs last two days didn't let my dog out she used the cats litter box. (on a side note). hugs carol

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Carol,

I am glad you got the box safe and sound. Did you get the note inside? I hope it didn't get lost in the packaging. There was a book in there too. Ed is my husband, I use his post office online account for mailing sometimes, so it was really me. The Superstition Iris is in honor of the month and in celebration of Halloween. I didn't think you were dark. Sorry if I offended you dear, no slight intended.

Tracy
    Tracyvine

• mellen
    16 years ago

Oh, dear Tracy, you have to get to know Carol and her crazy humor! She is just being silly. Nothing else. Honestly! She has a wonderfully weird, cracked up sense of humor. The more you get to know her, the more you love her. She has a heart of gold. I think you took offense, but please, please don't.

Carol, I'm gonna sic your own dog on you. Bark, bark!!! You have a smart dog if she'll do her duty in the cat litter. I'm impressed.

Mary Ellen

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Carol and Mellen,

HOW RUDE!!! REGARDLESS of crazy humor or being silly HOW FREAKING RUDE!!! Not only was she mean she did the major NO NO of online swaping, there was no need for you, Carol, regardless of your sense of humor, to post a thank you like that. First of all WHY IN HADES did you have to post her hubbys name (first and last) when you knew good and well who the box came from? The last name is most definately the worst thing to do anyways! I am sorry but Sassy if you condone this kind of stuff then I would be shocked. As far as a dark person, no Carol you are not a dark person, you are a not nice person and Mellen if you think this was one bit funny then you are not nice either. People just don't do that and ya know what? sic the dog on me cause records will show. Yes this is bad.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Mellen, Thank you for trying to explain veeja's humor to me. I don't really see it very well.

Carol, I am sorry if you were disappointed with your box, I packed it carefully with you in mind. I shopped for a few specials for you because of your candle making interests. Along with a book of the special relationships that ladies have with their dogs. A very nice book that details ladies throughout history and their best friends. I am sorry if dark colors do not suit you. The Black Hero, Blushing Beauty and Angelique tulips that I sent along with the Moonlight Masquerade Daylily and the Superstition Iris are being shared between myself and the 3 groups that I traded with this month. The sentiment that I had was that it would be so nice to share a small part of each other in each of our gardens. I am saddened and I am offended, truly offended that you posted my husbands name on this thread. That is inexcusable to me. There is a very good reason that we use GWID's, and that is to protect our privacy. If I had wished my personal information to be online I would have posted it myself.

This has been a very negative experience for me. I am sorry to say. I had hoped to develop positive relationships with the people in this group. I will not be back.

• mellen
    16 years ago

Hello everyone, I just remembered that I forgot to post HotShott's DC#. But when I looked it up on the PO site, I see that it was delivered yesterday. With that in mind, Monica, I forgot to include a card inside the box. So the swap box with the return address from Mary Ellen is from the Petal Pushers group. Hope you are getting along okay and things in your life settle down for you soon. Take care, Mary Ellen

• hotshott
    16 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    I have yet to return home from NY... :( so sad that my hubby is now home from his business trip and I am still up here hard at work. Even MORE sad that I can't open the box from you.
    On that note, I can't wait to have that box as well as several different seed swap envelopes waiting for me. Having mail and packages other than bills is like getting a Christmas Stocking from Santa as a child.
    I'm sorry that several of you have had thus far a negative expirience with this very first swap. :( This is my first Round Robin Exchange Expirience and have only joined this one and The Celebrations One.

Veeja11,
    Just to be sure that you have not been misunderstood- are you not familiar with "internet protocal (SP?)"? FYI- It is very dangerous to be posting personal information on the internet; not just on this site, but any. To post the personal information of someone else- especially without their permission is practically spitting in their face. These days it is very easy to get SS #'s, bank account info, etc..with just a first and last name of an individual. I REALLY hope you have learned your lesson. Personally, (I'm sure you're an adult and I don't have to tell you), I really think you should apologize.
    Few of us seem very upset in these last few posts- Just please lets all keep in mind that reading what someone wrote does not always protray how they feel. Tone of voice cannot be read.
    Well, I just had to get all that out cause I felt this thread REALLY going in a negative direction. I really hope "The Petal Pushers" don't fall apart and can stick together for a bit.
    On a lighter note-
    Sassy- so glad to hear you're feeling better. Give your Kenzie BIG hugs and kisses from my Kenzie too...they're just about the same age. My McKenzie has just started rocking on her hands and knees. It is sooooo cute! I'll post pics as soon as I can. Mom's been busy making them clothes out of fleece since the weather has gotten so cold up here.
    I was freezing my bunz off at my sale 8am this morning....
    Well,
    TTFN!!!
    -Monica

*DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY*

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Monica,
    Please accept my apology for expressing that this has been a negative experience for me. I only meant to refer to the latter part of this thread. I loved seeing your children. They are beautiful. I think you are a warm and fun loving person and it is my pleasure to have gotten to know you a bit. I have also enjoyed visiting with everyone else here for the most part as well. I fear I was too general in my response with my feelings showing a bit too much. I am generally a fun loving person. I like everyone to get along and don't particularly care for antics that are demeaning or inflammatory in nature. I am happy to know you and many of these other fine ladies.

Tracy

• galium
    16 years ago

Tracy-Please don't leave this group. It's to bad that we can't just delete Carol's post. I for one will miss you and your generous and kind nature. Not forgetting your wonderful sense of humor.

Carol-You have been a member of the GW long enough to know how highly inappropriate it is to post someones last name. Also, if you took the time to read though the posts here you would see that it was Tracy who sent you the box.

Mariann

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've taken my time to think on this and wanted so much to handle this the right way, but Carol what you did was just plain wrong and not acceptable. I will not be including you in any more Petal Pushers swaps. With that said, I'm telling each and every one of you, from this time on, if you have a problem with a post made by a fellow member, you better bring it to my attention in email and not post on a PP board or you'll be gone too.

I will not put up with this from grown women! This is why I came into PP, to get away from that mess. We won't have it here! Before that happens, I'll walk away from PP and GW both.

Tracy we don't won't to lose you, you're a very kind and giving person and thats what this group needs more of.

Tommorrow's the 15th, hope the rest of you girls have boxes ready to go. Have a nice Sunday evening girls.

Sassy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Our little Kenzie's are doing the same things! My Kenzie is rockin' on hands and legs too and she can sit up by herself, until she sees something she wants then flop, lol.
    I let her sit in front of me on my bed and she'll sit there a good while somethings. Oh what joy in my life!
    And you lucky thing, you have 2! Can't wait for more pics! I'll try to get some posted soon too.

Sassy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Ladies,

Thank you to all of you for your support on this issue. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. You are all kind and generous and I would love to stay.

Sassy, I will in future let you know if there is an issue that I think requires your intervention.

All my Best,
    Tracy

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I've been avoiding this thread all weekend........BUT. (and I"ve got a big one!) :O)

Thank you, Sassy for handling the matter very directly & quickly. It is appreciated by all the members of the PP, I am sure. I, for one, appreciate the firm hand - no crap - stance you've taken. :O) You go girl. (lol)

Tracy- I am glad to hear that you are staying. Please don't ever let ONE person keep you from enjoying the rest of the great ladies in this group (and on GW). You are one of the BEST!!

Melissa

• veeja11
    16 years ago

The dog is being sicked on carol, she is truly sorry, in her defense tho. the writing had faded on the note, and I forgot who had my name. I loved my box and forgot to mention the truly great book. here is a small punishment for me my name is carol bea. please forgive me. Mellen is right sometimes my weird sense of humor gets me in trouble. any way I can make it up to you please let me know. hugs from a truly sorry carol