Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butter_fly_gw

NEW: Wintersowing Seed Swap

butter_fly
17 years ago

How about a flower swap for us winter sowers! It will be great.

To join the fun, post a message here in this forum or on the ws page and email me for my address. Please title your email WS Seed Swap or something of the likes. There are not really any rules but please include the following.

Please put about 25 seeds per packet.

Please send the following info with your seeds.

the name of the plant both common and latin if you know both. Also sun and water requirements and hardiness information on the packet. You can also include any other information you have or feel like sharing. Also please inclued your GardenWeb name on the packet.

Please put your seed packets in a padded envelope. Include an extra padded envelope that is addressed to yourself and includes the same amount of postage that you put on the outside envelope for me to send your seeds back.

You may also include a brief want/wish list. Remember short;0) Just write down on a piece of paper 3-5 seeds you would like to have the most. I will try to fulfill at least one of everyone's wishes, depending on the seeds that are in the swap. If you would like to be totally surprised, you can skip the want list. At the top of the list you send with your seeds, please print your name, address and gardenweb name.

Include a list of all the seeds you are sending. No more than 3 packs of the same kind, unless bonus packets, but send any number of packets from 1 on up. At the top of this list also write your name, address and gardenweb name please. Just to keep everything in order

If you would like to include "bonus" packets please put "bonus" on them.

I will post to this forum and the WS forum when I receive your packets of seeds in the mail.

As soon as all the seeds are in, allow me about a week or tow to get it all sorted. I will post to this forum when the packages are sent.

Please include an extra stamp for bonus packets, if possible

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me when you email me for my address.

And just one more thing. This will be my first time hosting so I will do my best to keep everyone happy.

The deadline is Nov. 5th, so please try to have your seeds in the mail by the first.

I hope to hear from you all.

Thanks

Comments (22)

• drippy
    17 years ago

I'm in! You've already emailed me the details.

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Great. So far we have about 10 people joined in. Would love to have more.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I am interested as well.
    I do have one question however. Can we just send an address label with postage inside one envie, and have you reuse the envie to send out seeds back to us? It's cheaper, and you can recylce.
    If we can do it this way, I would love to participate.
    Thanks, Tina

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That works for me. Just include an address label and the postage please/ E-mail me and I will send you the address. Thanks butter_fly/kym

• tracey_nj6
    17 years ago

I'm interested. Please send me your info, when you get a chance.

For those that don't know the rates, this might be helpful.
    First-Class Mail Rates
    First ounce .39¢
    Each additional ounce .24¢

First-Class Mail Rates
    1oz $0.39¢
    2oz $0.63¢
    3oz $0.87¢
    4oz $1.11

I normally mail my bubble mailer with seeds, return labels, and stamps for .63¢. I'm glad I live next to a post office and work close to one; it's easier just to bring it in and let them figure it out ;)
    Tracey
    tracey_nj6

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

There is also an extra charge for bubble envelopes. I believe it is 12 cents extra for envelopes that do not go through the automatic stamping machines.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I'm sorry. I am not going to be able to participate after all.

Tina

• Julie
    17 years ago

I am looking forward to sharing my Winter Sow favorites- and finding new favorites as well!
    Thanks for hosting- this is sure to be a great Swap-
    Julie
    (I too have my info!)

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just a little bump.

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We are up to about 17 swappers. It is going to be great.

• prairiewinds
    17 years ago

I'll try to get my seeds off in the mail this weekend! Thanks so much for hosting this Kym!

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Great. I will look for them in the mail. I believe that we are up to 20 swappers, so it should be great. Thanks. Kym

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone. Just a list of the swappers so far, just email me if you want to join in or if I haven't sent you the address. I have sent everyone two emails with the address I believe( maybe more...Sorry) Just to be on the safe side. Anyways here is the list *means seeds already here. Thanks

Julie_mn
    mswsgal
    uptomyeyeballs
    dem_pa*
    stacy2564*
    missmshell*
    JBuresh1385*
    wrichard*
    drippy
    candycow
    smdmt
    margaret6a
    ddensmore
    jessew
    babbalouise
    schmily
    moonphase
    albertar
    prairiewind3
    gardeningdumbie
    clawskeeter
    gardeningjunkie
    dirtysc8
    tracey_nj6

should be a good one!!

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi guys just wanted let you know whose seeds came today.
    Tracey_nj6
    Prairiewind
    duane456
    gardenjunkie

Thanks!!

• drippy
    17 years ago

Sent mine out today, Kym.

• bgrow_gardens
    17 years ago

I would like to try this if there are any opening's left? I don't have a whole lot of seeds to offer but a few things here and there...Can you let me know? Please email me the details?
    Sincerely,

Barb

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi smdmt your seed are here and so are Nicole's ( sorry forgot GW name) Swap deadline is almost here. Please let me know if you will need a couple more days. Barb I sent you and email Thanks to evryone for participating. Kym

• jselwa
    17 years ago

Can you add me to the list? I will email you privately. Thanks! Jenifer.

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Moonphase your seeds are here. Thanks, Kym

• jselwa
    17 years ago

Seeds will be in the mail tomorrow. Can't wait to get a return package! Thanks!!

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone for sending in their seeds. Thsi swap is now closed. Just waiting on a couple more packages and I will let you know when the last of them come in. Thanks to everyone. Kym

• butter_fly
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi I am still waiting to here from jessew, albertar and ddensmore. Most of the packages are here.I know that definetly one more is on it way. Thanks