Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
celebration swap

Posted by candycow (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 2, 07 at 19:30

im back since i have use of my hand again i have been collecting seeds like crazy i have over 70 diff kinds already so i want to have a swap i was thinking one where anything goes we could send in seeds from 06-07 we could send in fruit,veg,flowers if you dont want any of those you can put that on your envie
we can go 5 of each seeds for flowers 3 on veggis
send return postage,addy label,
as for the date i was thinking of oct 15 if that is ok
come on in and make this a huge swap and make the rest of my summer exciting
candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: celebration swap

Hi Candy. Glad you have recovered. Please count me in. I have been collecting also.
Thank you,
Maggie/Etravia

o

Count me in, too. I received great seeds last year and was hoping you would have one again. Thanks.

dem_pa

o

I'll join in.

Barbi

o

Hi, Candy - please sign me up too.

o

Okay. I can't help myself. I love seeds!
I will try to send different varieties than I have for the other seed swaps to try to keep everyone from receiving the same things from me over and over.
I'd better get back in the garden.
Alana

o

hello
welcome back candy, I would love to join in.
thanks
michelle

o

where are all my swappers

o

Candy, hang in there - some others may come around. There are quite a few swaps going on right now, though - for me, that's great fun, but others might be overwhelmed. Give it a little time, though - too early to give up yet! :)

o

Candy, I enjoyed the last swap of yours that I joined, (received some great seeds!!) so I would like to join this one also. I have enough seed to split between the other RR's and also have some '06 seed I can send. Thanks for hosting!
Karen

o

Thanks for hosting.

Count me in!!

chelty2

o

Hi Candy
I would love to join! I really enjoyed the Spring swap you hosted. Thanks...Marylee

o

I received some really great seeds from your last swap, Candy, and would love to join this one. I guess I need to get all my dates squared away because I have one Sept, this one in October and another in November. That will allow me to more efficiently clean my seeds and be able to send in different things to each one. YIKES!!!

Oh, and on the marigolds, from another thread, they are notorious for not only cross pollinating with each other, but also the seed collected from hybrid produce plants that have strange characteristics. F2 generation sometimes have very few blooms on plants with lots of foliage, or flowers that fade as soon as they open, or flowers with very few petals....just funky things. Maybe an alternate idea would be to have a swap with commercial seeds. Or find some places where you can buy them in bigger quentities (bulk) and have lots of GW members partner in the purchase, like a coop? Just an idea, but most of my collected marigold seeds produced junk this year.

Lime

o

Hi Candy--I'd love to join again too. Let me know address again and any other particulars. Thanks--shadyside

o

Hi Candy. I really enjoyed participating in your swap last time. Please count me in too! Thanks! - Lisa

o

I wanted to give this a bump because the timing of it is so great -- October, so right between the September one and the November ones, so I don't get a break at all until I am finished! Now THAT'S something to Celebrate!!! LOL!

Let's get some more people signed up!!

Lime

o

Hello,

I am very interested in this Round Robin! How do I sign up?

Thanks,
Jodi B.
'ThreeShyAcres'
: )

o

I'd love to join in!

Debbie

o

hi i guess i should post more im still here i have collected over 80 kinds of seeds already this is going to be a awesome swapping season
everyone should email me at fallcreek5@aol.com and ill start sending out my addy im not real great at typing yet so ill try and dop a few at a time if i miss anyone plmk
i really want this to be a great swap
thanks
and have a great fall day
candy

o

I'd like to join! "5 of each seeds for flowers 3 on veggis" - This means no more than five of each type of flower and three trades for each type of veggie, right?

o

Count me in as well.
TY
Monica

o

Kandi, LOL! When I first read it, I was thinking 5 seeds?, but yes, that means 5 packs of seed from red zinnias, but then you could also send 5 packs of seed from yellow zinnias. (Can you tell I like Zinnias?) And 3 packs of Green Beans and 3 packs of Green Long beans, etc.

I am answering some of the questions for Candy because of her hand. She is having a hard time typing and we need her to to save her hands for PACKING SEEDS! :))

This will end up being a huge swap with a lot of people, so if you need a special dispensation on the "5 pack rule", you might contact Candy. By that I mean if you have the most fabby plant in the world, maybe a special Impatiens, and need to send 1 pack for each participant, then you could probably contact her and ask. The object of the game for a swap hostess is for the hostess to not get 100 packs of Cleome, Marigolds with no height, color, or any information on them, white datura, and some of the other oh-so common plants, it's not to limit the senders. Does that make sense?

Lime

o

Great, Monica! Send Candy an email at fallcreek5@aol.com to get her address, ok?

The deadline isn't until October 15, so there is a lot of time yet for people to sign up and to collect those seeds!

Lime

o

hi im sorry if i did not answer you queston kandi i thought i did by email maybe i did in my dreams LOL maybe its old age so far i have only had one person ask for my addy and yes if anyone has special named varietys i think we can safly go to 10 packs of flower seeds but please not veggis doesnt seem like any one wants veggis
again im sorry if i haven been answering questions i am here every few hours all day
thanks and have a great day
candy

o

Candy - you did answer me by email - I posted it on here before I sent you the email though so I got multiple answers which is alright - I've got plenty of seeds to collect and a short time to do it in and there are a few that I'm wishing would seed so I could share. I have this beautiful blue ostrich chinese aster that even has my men folks who are lucky if they can name a daisy going oooh and ahhhh and my other men folks who've always helped me with the flowers are also impressed - just came up on their own and are so beautiful but no where close to being ready to seed - i should have plenty of other varieties by the deadline though - i really can't wait until next year - i didn't start saving seeds until I joined GW so there were plenty of seeds I didnt' save this year that i'll have next year

o

So....which do we consider herbs to be; ornamentals or vegetables? I grow a lot of herbs for fragrance or appearance. Or, is whether it is edible or not the test of which category it belongs in for purposes of this swap?
Or should we not send herbs at all?
Sorry, the question sounds stupid even to me, but I don't know the answer.
Alana

o

Alana,
Don't worry, I'm now here and Im' sure I'll have a question that far beats yours. :)
Are we aloud to send in Commercial seeds? Earlier in the Thread someone mentioned that commercial marigolds are better(I've got tons). As far as collecting seeds, by the time the deadline rools around, I should have plenty of seeds collected from a (not mine :() garden.
Is there a limit to the number of types of seeds? Forgive me if this is too silly, but I'm sleep deprived.

If I make the cut, I'm in... :)
Thanks, Monica

o

as far as im concerened herbs are a perennial

o

Candy,
I dropped off my seeds for this swap at the P.O. today.
Thanks for hosting!
Alana

o

Hi, I would like to join if it isn't too late.

Becky
ramazz

o

sure becky just email me for the addy
if any one hasnt gotten my addt please email me
fallcreek5@aol.com
candy

o

poisondartfrog your seeds are here any one else need my addy
email me
candy

o

Hi Everyone,
I sent my seed package out Saturday Candy, I'm sorry I didn't post sooner, I've been really busy and couldn't post 'till now. Anyway I don't know if we are to list preferences, but I would like veggies and herbs, but flowers are great too. I'm not really picky, I guess...LOL. Thanks for hostessing Candy!
I hope everyone has a great day...Marylee

o

hello candy girl
my seeds are on the way
thanks for hosting, can't wait to see what I get.
michelle

o

hi i guess ill post i have been busy collecting seeds i have so many new variets this year i dont think ill ever get caughht up packing them up
anyone know how to do mexican sunflowers without killing your fingers
well ill let everyone know when there seeds come in
anyone else need my addy not many have asked
lmk
candy

o

I mailed mine to you yesterday.

dem_pa

o

Candy - wear gloves for the mexican sunflowers. I need them for gaillardia, too as those always leave stickers in my fingers. I have light weight gardening gloves.

Becky

o

Helloooooooo, Candy - I mailed my seeds out today.

Becky, good tip!

o

sorry i forgot mary your seeds have been here for a couple of days

o

I'd like to join if it's not too late. Please send me the address for where to send my seeds.
littlegardenhoer

o

please email me at fallcreek5@aol.com
candy

o

Count me in, email is on the way.

o

Please count me in.
thanks,
Louise

o

I sent my seeds today.

o

miceray your seeds came yesterday

o

Candy, My package went out today.
Thank you,
Maggie

o

Candy, did my seeds arrive yet?

o

ive had a little family problem here ill get back later on about whos seeds have come i know dem pa are here i didnt go through yesterdays mail yet
candy

o

drippy your seeds came yesterday

o

Thanks, Candy - I was hoping they had made it there by now. :)

o

Uhhh...you guys are making me look bad :wink: The deadline is Oct 15th! Hehehe- I guess I have always been the procrastinator of the group.
I'm leaving for NY tonight for a wee or so, but I'll be taking everything with me...not to fear!
-Monica
HOTSHOTGYRLY@hotmail.com

o

i am still here just not much for talking
maggie your seeds are here
sorry for not posting much but do not fear i would not dissapear
candy

o

Whenever things get me down.....I love to read this poem...

William Ernest Henley. 18491903

7. Invictus

OUT of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

:)

o

OK, was that last post a little too off topic? Sorry...FYI- plans have changed and the seeds will be out on Monday instead (which is the deadline) I will post a DC.
Candycow,
I figured you wouldn't mind because you have so many seeds to sort through already.

Thanks,
Monica

o

I'm running a little behind...but my seeds will be in the mail tomorrow.
Louise

o

my seeds are on their way

o

My seeds are in the mail

o

my seeds went in the mail today.

o

Candy,

My seeds went out today, too.

Lime

o

Whoops, I posted right at Midnight, so I guess I should have said my seeds went out yesterday. :)

Can you let us know as you receive them?

Lime

o

My seeds went out today. Sorry for my delay....I'm always the one dragging along at the tail end...LOL!

Can't wait to see the return stash!

Jodi B.
'ThreeShyAcres'

o

karen h
your seeds came yesterday

o

I've got you girls beat (not in a good way). I got the seeds packaged and shipped this afternoon.
Candy- DC #0306 3030 0000 5413 9186

I can't wait either!!! :)

-Monica

o

Candy,

If it wouldn't be to much trouble could you please post whose seeds have arrived? I have not seen if mine have made it there or not. If they have not I want to be sure I resend it.

Kristlindgren

o

im sorry i havent had the time today till now seeds came from
kandi
berbi
t sackinger
louise
suzy
these all came today

o

yes kristin yours i double checked i dont know how i forgot to post your name maybe im getting senile LOL i thought i had
sorry

o

Thank you for letting me know.

o

I sent mine quite a while ago, too.

Becky
ramazz

o

i went through all the packs and becky your are here i think i was forgetting to hit submit because i knoww i posted so i did something ill pay more attenion from now on im sorry all are accounted for on this thread now until the mail comes today

o

Just wanted to let you know my seeds went in the mail today. Sorry they are 2 days late. I was under the weather the past few days
I have a DC # if needed.
Monica

o

I just want to say THANK YOU to our host Candy, for taking the time and effort into doing this swap. I am just giddy with anticipation on what I may get back.

kristlindgren

o

monica abd jodi seedsare here

o

Great! :) Candy, take you're time... I can't IMAGINE hosting such a swap!

I hope you didn't mind the Money order, I wasn't sure how to send return postage.
-Monica

o

i have everyones envies ready to go out on mon i hopei didnt send you any dups if i did i sent everyone lots of xtras if i made a mistake i hope i made up for it
monica you sent me so much postage i sent you 2 envies back i hope i sent you 3to4 times the seed back i h ope you are happy
i hope evryone is happy

o

Oh Candy, how thaughtful. I had bought the MO before I packaged the seeds up. I thaught it was no biggie though for all the hard work you're doing.
Monday- WOW! That was fast!
Again, thank you for hosting such a wonderful swap.
So far, great expirience for me.
-Monica

o

everyones seeds are on there way hope you are happy
monica when i filled the 2 pack i emptyed out all my garden seeds i do not do veggis anymore so there is a little of everything in that envie i hope you li9ke it
candy

o

I can't wait. I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve.. ;)
-Monica

o

I got my package today! OOHH AAWW!! Thank you to everyone who submitted seeds, Thank you to our host Candy for doing such a wonderful job!

o

I received my package today!! I need to look some things up. Thank you for the great mix Candy!! Thanks to those who participated!

Karen

o

Candy,

I received my seeds today. You did a great job as a hostess and in selecting seeds to send. I really appreciate your hard work.

Becky
ramazz

o

I recieved my package today - such a large variety! thank you everyone and thanks for the great job hosting Candy!

o

I recieved my packages yesterday. Thank you so much for all of these seeds! I had to hide them from my DH out on my porch so he wouldn't have a heart attack.
A lot of the packets came without seeds in them. I would say about fifteen of them. I didn't see any seeds floating inside the package either. It's ok though, I consider free packets to put seeds into that I won't have to make.
Thank you so much for hosting this swap and all of the lovely seeds! I would DEFINATELY participate in another swap of yours in the future. Thank you again!
-Monica

o

Hi, Candy - I received my seeds today as well. Well done! And thank you so much.

Wishing you a well-deserved, restful weekend,

Kim

o

I received my seeds today. Thanks so much for being a great hostess. Thanks to everyone for their great seeds.

dem_pa

o

Candy,

I received my seeds today, too! Thanks for all the work you put into this and for getting them out to us so quickly.

Lime

o

Candy, you are the best! Thank you for hosting. I received several varieties I was looking for. Thanks to everyone who sent such a great selection!
Maggie

o

I got my seeds. Thanks candy, for hosting; great job! I got a very nice assortment. Also, thanks to everyone who sent such great seeds!

o

My package made it also, stuffed full.I owe you 25 cents for postage.....;) Thanks for hosting!
Monica

o

no one owes me for postage i love sending xtras and the xtra postage is no big deal i love doing these swaps i could do one every month

o

my seeds came yesterday! thanks for hosting!!

o

Candy...I received my package and WOW!!! Thanks so much for the great seeds! You did a fantastic job and I appreciate all of your hard work! Thanks everyone for sending in a nice variety.

Lisa

o

I got my package too...thanks so much to Candy and to all of the generous gardeners who take the time to harvest and share their seeds.

Happy Halloween,
Jodi B.
'ThreeShyAcres'
: )

o

Hi,
I've received my seeds too. Thanks to all of you for the wonderful varieties, and thanks again to you Candy for hostessing such a fun swap!...Marylee

o

Candy,
This was fun. Thanks for hosting!!
Louise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here