Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

UPDATE: Pedal Pushers *One more time* Sept.

sassyd
15 years ago

We have to continue our cookbook swap a little longer, lol.

Comments (76)

• tracyvine
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Congratulations DEE!

That is great news! I bet you are thrilled to be in the new house! I can't wait to see pictures! Pretty soon we will be posting all the cookbook stuff and new recipes to a new thread at the beginning of October. We also have the October sign ups going on for the new swap. We are just going to have those two threads going so we can keep our food and fun separate! LOL!

Congratulations again, now go get some rest! Hope your arm feels better quickly!

Tracy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Sassy, sorry you feel terrible..I hate getting sick.

YEAH...I WON, I WON, I WON!!!

I liked that name too!!!

Ok, it is like really late and before I start posting stuff that makes no sense I am going to bed....

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YA'LL!!!!

:) Fran

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*Just poppin' in to say hi and give hugs out! I'll be busy today .. will be attempting to enter the scary domain of my daughter's room to pack things up for the move..LOL! I'll take some pics of the murals I did on her walls (they're a fairy garden theme!), because sadly, I've got to paint over it all w/ white paint per the landlord... *sighhh.. maybe you all will love it as much as I did, I had so much fun creating it! :)

Hugs!
    ~Wendy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

You're welcome Fran! You deserve it girly!

Wendy, I feel so bad for you. I remember what my room looked like as a youngster and I don't envy you the task at hand! Then having to paint over the murals. Sniff, sniff, I might cry for you.

Please post the pictures! I will be pulling up your zinnias for you on Sunday to send down to you. I forgot to reply back to you on the other board. Sorry! I don't want anything in return. I would lose them anyway since they aren't hardy for me here. I think they will look so cute in your theme garden at your new home.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

...She packs her supplies carefully .. setting them all carefully in the box beside her for quick and easy access... she pushes lightly at the door.. SOMETHING is behind it.. pushing back! She pushes with a bit more force, it again, pushes back! She pushes with a hard shove and whatever was behind denying entrance crashes backward as she falls into the darkness. Immediately she panics and tries to climb over the mounds of soft ground, something wraps around her ankle as she reaches out.. grasping for anything, anything at all to save her! She grabs onto something and then feels the fur in her fingers and screams!!! Jumping to her feet she tries to climb back over the soft, squooshy ground, nearly tripping again in the mounds that seem to almost reach out and grab her!! And she stumbles out of the doorway to safety!

** My drama filled depiction of entering my daughter's room... clothing, stuffed animals everywhere... desk chair barring the doorway.. *sighhhh I'm gonna need an excavation team here!!! **

:P

~Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

OH WENDY, you TEASE I thought you were taking us into October and Halloween with a story...(Sighs heavily) I understand the perils of the child's room....poor you. I am sure it WAS a very scary experience for you....LOL

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

HELP IS ON THE WAY!

{{gwi:1301587}}

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Fran, Congrats!!! I really liked that name too!

Hey, I snuck into Wendy's house and took a pic. She wasn't kidding about the room!

Wendy, please keep checking in so we know you didn't get lost in there!

{{gwi:1301588}}

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

You better be careful what... or WHO you might find in one of those piles Wendy!

You guys are cracking me up!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

LOL ! Vic that probably isn't too far off! ROFL

Thanks but I think I need a BIGGER tractor! :)

btw, Congrats Fran, I never voted, thought I had more time.. but I was voting for that one too! :P

Hugs!
    ~Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Dee, that's great!!! When do we get to see pics?!?
    Now for the moving and unpacking, but, at least you can just put stuff in a box and walk it over and put it away!

Wendy,
    Here, tie this around your waist, that way if you get lost in there one of us can come pull you out! LOL

{{gwi:1301590}}

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*giggling... thanks Vic! I'm takin' a lil break, drinkin' some sweet tea, looking at my to-do list somehow still growing.. but that's ok! Someday it'll all get done :)

~Wendy

• galium
    15 years ago

Just popped in to say HI

Dee-Congrats on moving into your new home!

Wendy-Love your epic about your daughter's room. Sounds all to familiar. What I avoided was under her bed!!

Are we still submitting recipes??
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Thought I would add a quick easy pretty healthy Recipe:

Frans good for you Chicken Fajita Filling
    Makes 2 to 3 servings

Ingredients
    2 small Chicken Breast Cut-lets
    OR
    5 Chicken Breast Tenderloins
    1 each green, red, yellow, and orange Bell Peppers* chopped
    1 med size red or sweet onion chopped fine
    1 med yellow squash * (optional) cut into small chunks
    2 med size tomatoes diced in chunks or finely
    1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or Olive oil or Canola Oil)
    Large leaves of Romaine Lettuce at least 2 per person ***
    OR
    Soft Tortilla wraps
    1 15 oz can Refried Beans (may omit if you dont like them)
    1 Tablespoon Worchester Sauce (adds flavor)
    Dash of Cayenne Pepper or Hot Ground Pepper **
    Dash of Chili Powder **
    Mrs. Dash Table Blend
    Mrs. Dash Grilling Blend
    1 to 2 cups of Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend ***
    Sour Cream ***

Directions:
    In medium size skillet or wok pan heat oil on medium high heat, add chicken when oil is very hot. Turn the chicken as needed so as not to burn. While chicken is cooking add squash. When chicken is cooked through until done remove chicken from the pan and allowing to cool. Pour in Worchester Sauce. Add onions and bell peppers to the squash in the pan, cook until tender. Just before the onions and peppers are done add a few dashes of both blends of Mrs. Dash, sprinkle enough to add flavor. And Dash each of Chili Powder and Cayenne Pepper/Hot Pepper. While the squash, onions, and peppers are cooking shred the chicken into fine shreds. Add tomatoes and chicken back into the still cooking vegetables. Turn off the heat and toss mixture to heat the tomatoes through.
    Heat the refried beans as directed on the can.
    *** If you are on a diet or just want a healthier use the lettuce leaves as your fajita wrap. Otherwise use regular soft tortilla wraps heated as directed on the package. Spread a thin layer of refried beans on your wrap of choice. Spread a thin layer of sour cream on top of the refried beans. Add a sprinkling of cheese. Spoon on desired amount of Fajita mixture, fold over ends of chosen wrap, plate it and enjoy.
    ** These spices are really just a dash of each, sprinkle one flick of the wrist over the veggies in the pan. Add a little more if you like it SPICY!
    * IF you can not get all the colors of bell peppers then use all green or green and red.
    No added salt is needed; the Worchester Sauce will add any needed salt. No need to add more. This is a healthy dish.
    *** Fat Free Sour Cream maybe used instead of full fat.
    ***Low Fat cheese maybe used and you can add a little or a lot, depends on IF you like cheese and whether or not you are on a diet.
    * The squash is to add bulk to the dish and you can add 2 if you need more filler.
    If you have more then 2 to 3 people or big eaters just double the recipe. ONLY USE ONE CAN OF REFRIED BEANS EVEN IF YOU DOUBLE THE RECIPE, IT IS SPREAD ON THINNLY, unless you like a lot of them on your fajitas then use more.

Thought I would add a quick easy pretty healthy Recipe:

Frans good for you Beef Fajita Filling
    Makes 2 to 3 servings

Ingredients
    1 lb Ground Sirloin (or lb 99% Fat free Ground Turkey)
    1 each green, red, yellow, and orange Bell Peppers* chopped
    1 med size red or sweet onion chopped fine
    2 med size tomatoes diced in chunks or finely
    1 Sweet Onion (diced)
    1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or Olive oil or Canola Oil)
    Large leaves of Romaine Lettuce at least 2 per person ***
    OR
    Soft Tortilla wraps
    1 15 oz can Refried Beans (may omit if you dont like them)
    1 Tablespoon Worchester Sauce (adds flavor)
    Dash of Cayenne Pepper or Hot Ground Pepper **
    Dash of Chili Powder **
    Mrs. Dash Table Blend
    Mrs. Dash Grilling Blend
    1 to 2 cups of Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend ***
    Sour Cream ***

Directions:
    In medium size skillet or wok pan heat oil on medium high heat, add chicken when oil is very hot. Turn the chicken as needed so as not to burn. While chicken is cooking add squash. When chicken is cooked through until done remove chicken from the pan and allowing to cool. Pour in Worchester Sauce. Add onions and bell peppers to the squash in the pan, cook until tender. Just before the onions and peppers are done add a few dashes of both blends of Mrs. Dash, sprinkle enough to add flavor. (I usually sprinkle all over the top of the mix in the skillet) And Dash each of Chili Powder and Cayenne Pepper/Hot Pepper. While the onions, and peppers are cooking shred the chicken into fine shreds. Add tomatoes and chicken back into the still cooking vegetables. Turn off the heat and toss mixture to heat the tomatoes through.
    Heat the refried beans as directed on the can.
    *** If you are on a diet or just want a healthier meal use the lettuce leaves as your fajita wrap. Otherwise use regular soft tortilla wraps heated as directed on the package. Spread a thin layer of refried beans on your wrap of choice. Spread a thin layer of sour cream on top of the refried beans. Add a sprinkling of cheese. Spoon on desired amount of Fajita mixture, fold over ends of chosen wrap, plate it and enjoy.
    ** These spices are really just a dash of each, sprinkle one flick of the wrist over the veggies in the pan. Add a little more if you like it SPICY!
    * IF you can not get all the colors of bell peppers then use all green or green and red.
    No added salt is needed; the Worchester Sauce will add any needed salt. No need to add more. This is a healthy dish.
    *** Fat Free Sour Cream maybe used instead of full fat.
    ***Low Fat cheese maybe used and you can add a little or a lot, depends on IF you like cheese and whether or not you are on a diet.
    If you have more then 2 to 3 people or big eaters just double the recipe. ONLY USE ONE CAN OF REFRIED BEANS EVEN IF YOU DOUBLE THE RECIPE, IT IS SPREAD ON THINNLY, unless you like a lot of them on your fajitas then use more.

The recipe(s) I meant to add eariler. I make one of these at least once a month and this filling is also a good one to use on a taco salad. Just take round tortillas spinkle on some cheese put them in the oven on a baking pan let the cheese melt divide amoung however many plates you have then put the mixture on top add lettuce, sour cream, cheese and anything else that you like.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Mariann, Yes we are definitely still posting recipes for the cookbook. I will be adding them to the book for as long as you guys keep submitting them. Right now I am sorting them and then I will start to upload them once that part is done.

Fran, I love fajitas! I used to get them all the time at our favorite mexican restaurant. Until they closed! Waaaah!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey girls,
    I had an enire post written out and it disappeared into never-never land and I'm not writing it again, sorry! lol

Wendy, I feel your pain, been there, (still do when she stays over) lol

I love any mexican food receipes, please post any good ones! I'll try to post some more veggie/receipes Tracy.

I'll try to read back up.

Wendy..........

Always keep proof, lol, you can always use it against them in years to come! *hehehe*

Sassy

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Tracy, Here goes. I am trying a copy from PhotoBucket to see if it works. Thanks for the help and I will keep at it until I get it right. Blessings, Margaret

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

You did it Margaret!!! *clapping... now I guess it's time for ME to learn...lol

~Wendy

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

One more time, trying to get it below my message, Margaret

{{gwi:1301592}}

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It worked Margaret!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoohoo for you!

I'm so happy for you sweetie. It feels good, don't it? lol

Any of you nite owls up? Im in the chat....

If you need the addy, email me.

Sassy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It worked again Margret!!! ok now I'm going back to finding a halloween outfit for Kenzie. I really do need to find an outfit for her that we like, anyone have any ideas? Better yet, do any of you make them??? If so email me pics soon!

Sassy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Great job Margaret!
    And, I was going to tell you, if you copy them to your own album you can change the size, but, it will make it smaller automatically, that's why the PP logo on the halloween swap is smaller, I actually copied it from Sassy's photobucket, and now I can't make it bigger : (

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Vic you could have just copied the pic off of the post then it would have been the exact one.

Tracy I hope you will try those recipes for the fajita it is my OWN creation. I make something to this effect cuz as usual I just dump everything in BUT these are pretty straight forward and simple. Not easy to mess up. And you can pretty much add any veggies you want too. But the keep with the mexican theme mine (favor. mex rest. that is) just have peppers and onions in theirs

I have a few more I could post as far a healty wise.

Mariann have you tried those recipes I sent you yet? The chicken one, not the fish. IF you have what did you think and was it good enough to post it too? I like it, would like a second opinion!!!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Correction, my favorite Mex. Rest fajitas only have bell peppers, and TOMATOES grilled in their mix that is why I based mine that way too. Although if I don't have freash tomatoes I will not usually put them in there.

Ok, NOW it is right..lol.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

YAY MARGARET! You did it! Those are adorable! I'm so proud of you!

Fran, I really have to try those cause now you have me craving them. Need to pick up a few ingredients when I'm at the store again.

Wendy, did you ever claw your way out from under all those clothes? Wendy? Wendy? Oh no, I think we lost her...

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

lol Yes, ty I survived! And I've nearly gotten it all moved and about ready to paint over the murals.. *sniff sniff! I bought batteries yesterday so will try to get those pics up today for whoever wanted to see it.

Now.. if I could just overcome 'Mt. Laundry' that has accumulated in the laundry room I'll be doin' good! :P

Hugs everyone & Happy Friday!!!!!!!
    ~Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Wendy, glad you made it back outta there! I was starting to get worried about you : )
    I would love to see pics of the walls, that is sad you have to paint them.

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

I don't want you all to think I am really this old but this is exactly what I felt like doing when I learned to do this. I was envious of all you ladies who were smarter than me (just kidding)! It is so satisfying to learn something new. Now to conquer my new camera! Looking for help there, too. Thanks so much. Tracy. You're a doll!

Sassy--I copied Tracy's directions and followed and Bingo, it worked. Try it soon, you will love it.

Annie--I finally got your box in the mail this morning minus what I was looking for. Pray you will be pleased with it all. There is not a seed or plant in there. I wanted to take pity on you and not add more work to your already heavy load! The DC# is 0306 0320 0002 6529 8596. Enjoy!

It is hot here again today and waiting for the cooler weather to finish my beds for fall. Supposed to be in the 60's daytime next week. Just my type of weather. Have a great weekend all & Blessings, Margaret

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey everybody, just had to jump on real quick and let you all that don't know, the Senate PASSED the Child Protection Act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaaaah for the 60 Senators that voted YES!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

YAYY!!!!!! That's WONDERFUL news Sassy!!!!!!!! THANKYOU!!

Weather here has been WONDERFUL! Wish I could've been outside instead of inside doin' stuff! ah well... We're heading to the N. Georgia State Fair tonight w/ my daughter and her friend. Gonna pig out on fair food and people watch, and if my daughter doesn't hog all the ride coupons ride some fast terrible rides! :)

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Sassy that is wonderful news! Thank you for telling us about it! Who knows how close it could have been without your added help!

Margaret! I love the jig! You are just too cute! I can't wait to see what Annie gets from you!

I talked to Trina for a few minutes today and she will now be mailing Karen's box out on Monday. I'll post her dc when I get it from her:o)

Have fun at the fair Wendy! Don't forget to take pics of the flower exhibits for us! LOL!

Tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Sassy

That is AWESOME!!!

Margaret, I'm doing the happy dance with you!!

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

It is AWESOME the bill was passed.

It is nice when the government does something really right for a change!!!

Wendy our county fair is in town this week. I just can't bring myself to go. I haven't been in 5 or 6 years now. I DO enjoy some of the foods they have BUT it just cost so much now THAT takes the fun out of going for me. I would like some vinegar fries and a candy apple though! Oh well, I don't need them anyway.

Margaret I understand JUST how you feel when I first got my computer and learned how to do something new I was THRILLED, my kids on the other hand thought I was an idoit because of course THEY already KNEW how to do more then I did....oh well, learning is FUN, sometimes anyway!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

I thought I should post the swap list for anyone who needs an update.

Shirley Sent and Received
    Dan Sent and Received
    Annie Sent
    Fran Sent and Received
    Mariann Sent and Received
    Beth Sent and Received
    Deb Sent and Received
    Vic Sent and Received
    Dee/edsallee Sent and Received
    Pix Sending Monday and received
    Becki
    Margaret Sent and Received
    Pat (emailed addy and still waiting for Becki's addy)
    Tracy Sent and Received
    Sassy Sent and Received
    Karen Sent

Pat has been trying to get in contact with Becki but hasn't heard back in a while. Pixie has her box packed and ready to ship for Karen on Monday. She was able to do a few posts late last week and then her connection went down again. Margaret's box is travelling it's way to Annie so we are almost at the end kids!

Becki, if you're peaking in I hope everything is ok with you. Pop in and give us an update please. Don't make us worry about you.

Karen, I'm still thinking about you and hoping that you are doing ok too. (((HUGS)))

Tracy

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

a quick smile sent to everyone here!

Karen your box is flying tomorrow!

Thanks Ducky for everything you have done and are doing.

Hopefully the "wavelengths" have settled down here and I won't have troubles getting online anymore. We will see and cross toes and eyes!

Smugs,
    Pixie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

MARGARET I JUST GOT HOME AND OPENED YOUR PACKAGE,THANK YOU VERY,VERY MUCH, AND I LOVE IT ALL!

Enclosed were:
    Bubble Envelopes

Recipe Cards that says "From the Kitchen Of"

Cranberry Spice Fresh Scents Sachets

Note pads and pens(I really needed some of these I was running low.)

Magnetic Shopping List

Ornamental Stainless Labels- They are so pretty, I'm going to have Sis write on them for me, because my handwriting is much to be desired._

A Raggedy Ann Doll that has a banner on that says, "God Bless America" and no, I don't have this one. :O) :O)

Christmas candy cane ornaments with my name and one with Shelby's name.- These will be a great addition to my collection.

Gourmet Coffee,
    Vanilla Creme Brulee
    Cinnamon Hazelnuts YUMMY, I DO LOVE COFFEE!

A go Green shopping bag, I love these, I needed more, and thanks a million!

5 cookbooks
    CALVARY FAMILY COOKBOOK

If You ARE WHAT YOU EAT THAN I'M FAST CHEAP AND EASY

AMERICA'S BEST BED AND BREAKFAST RECIPES

CONVENIENTLY HOMEMADE DESSERTS (MAKING HOMEMADE EASY)

FAMILY FAVORITE CHOCOLATE

Margaret, I love all that you sent, we must get together, and be sure to know when ever I look at my raggedy, and the ornaments I shall think of you!

I need to get the car unpacked, but I will be back in a few to post some more. I have to take time to read through all that have posted.

Oh yes, Thanks for the signature tags, I need to download them to my computer so I can use them.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Annie, I am just cracking up at the "If You ARE WHAT YOU EAT THAN I'M FAST CHEAP AND EASY" Cookbook! Too funny! What a fantastic box. I bet your Raggedy Ann is adorable. Hope your trip was a good one.

Pat finally heard back from Becki and they have mutually agreed to cancel their exchange for this round. So that just leaves Karen to receive her box from Pixie.

Shirley Sent and Received
    Dan Sent and Received
    Annie Sent and Received
    Fran Sent and Received
    Mariann Sent and Received
    Beth Sent and Received
    Deb Sent and Received
    Vic Sent and Received
    Dee/edsallee Sent and Received
    Pix Received
    Becki (cancelled)
    Margaret Sent and Received
    Pat (cancelled)
    Tracy Sent and Received
    Sassy Sent and Received
    Karen Sent

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey girls, I'm sorry I've been MIA for a bit. I won't get into why, but I wanted to thank Tracy for covering the swap list. Tracy, thanks so much, you're the best:))

Sassy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Pat, I'm sorry your swap was a bust! That's always a bummer, esp. if you already got everything for your box to send!!
    If you would like to join us for the Oct swap, I'll make sure you get a box! (yep, you will get special treatment! hehehe)

Vic

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies-This swap has been so much fun & it is great getting to know each of you better. What a group we are!

Annie-I am so glad you liked your articles I sent. I had a great time picking them out for you. Since we live so close I do hope we can meet sometime soon. How you do all you do amazes me! I can't wait to see the iris in the Spring you sent . I have looked up most of them for the colors & all. What beauty's!
    They are laying carpet today in our living room and hall so I am going to work outside on getting my south side bed ready for Fall. Am I happy about the carpet? I could do more than a Happy Dance to get it done. Now the hard part of putting everything back & clear out what was there we want to get rid of. Am trying to downsize some. The weather is so grand here. Now in the 50's and supposed to be in the 60's the rest of the week. Must get busy before I change my mind & spend the time on my computer. Blessings, Margaret

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vic, you're so right! Pat, so sorry it turned out like this:(

Could I ask all of you girls a favor. I'd like you all to send me your address and please cc: Tracy also. I want to have this info in my file and please also include B-days and any info you want included. Likes/dislikes, etc.

Thanks so much
    Sassy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Just checking in! I'm doing alright, thanks for the hugs and well wishes! That darn mailman came and left again with no package :( Maybe tomorrow! I'll post when I recieve it.

I hope everyone has had a great week, and will have a great week end also! I'll keep peeking in. Sorry to be so quiet though!

Karen

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Karen, I haven't heard from Trina since Monday. I tried to call her a couple of times since then without any luck. I just sent her a text message hoping that will get through. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from her. Hugs!

Tracy

• pat_6
    15 years ago

Vic and Sassy (and everyone else) - Thanks for your concern over the failed exchange. It's really okay. I'm sure Becki is probably just overwhelmed with things. As you guys know, I've been pretty busy myself this summer. As far as having already gotten her items together goes, I'll just view that as "a gift to myself".

Vic - I was remiss in checking this thread for a few days, so I didn't see your promise for "special treatment" until just now. I appreciate that but it's really not necessary. It's just the law of averages that from time to time things don't work out as planned.

Sassy- I also just saw your request to address, etc. I think Tracy already has my info but I will send it to both of you momentarily.

I hope to be able to spend a little more time chatting as we head into winter!

Pat

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hello LADIES, (and GENT? Where is Dan anyway?)
    ANYWHO....hello all.
    Have a GREAT WEEKEND. It is cooling down a bit (a lot really) and it feels so much better working outside although I have kept up with my outside duties so well this year, I don't have a whole lot to do at the moment. GOSH HOW MANY gardeners can say that? HEHE

I just wanted to say it has been so much fun chatting with all of you. I love reading our post it gives me something to do.

Tracy and Sassy, thank you two for all the work you both put into this group. Ya'll are GRRRREEAAATTE!!!

ANNIE girl, you know I think you are da' BESTEST!!!

I hope to get to know everyone who is in this group as well as I feel I have some of the others I have talked with.

Thanks for giving me the oppurtunity to join this great group of folks!!!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Karen, Trina's box to you is on it's way. Here is the dc # 0103 8555 7495 4438 9170!

Fran, Thank you. That was sweet of you to say. I appreciate it. I'm sure Sassers does too. :o)

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Good afternoon! I recieved a fabulous box from Trina yesterday!!! Here is what she sent me:

Southern Living Cookbook- So many great recipes in here!! I still haven't looked at everything! I love it!!

Southern Living magazine

Birdhouse Writing Tablet & Envelopes

Matted & Framed Cross stich that says, Welcome Enter with a warm Heart. Did you make this Trina? Either way, I love it. It already has a home on my wall!

Set of 4 Kitchen Towels (The Food Network) in beautiful colors, LOVE them!

Set of 4 Kitchen Scrub Cloths (also The Food Network) I will get plenty use out of these!

Oven Mitt with Silicone ( The Food Network) LOVE this also!!

Cinnamon/Red Doile- Beautiful, its under a boquet of intense purple amaranth and Maximilum.

Inside the doile were 2 beaded-handle spoons that are bent in a hook shape..I've never seen these before, but I'm using them to keep my towels in place on my oven door handle. (lol, Am I even close as to what these are for? I feel like a dummie) I do love them though!!

and last but not least, a bag of mixed color Tulips.

Trina, thank you sooo much for such a wonderful box of goodies. I hope you are doing fine, you are in my thoughts!

Hugs,
    Karen

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great! Thanks Karen, I'm thinking we're done with this one? If I'm wrong, someone please splain.

Sassy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Karen, that box sounds like a great one! I know what the spoons are because Trina was describing them to me when she was putting your box together. I will let her explain what they are for but I have to tell you that I like your idea for them much better. That was so SMART! Oh and Trina did make that cross stitch for you. Isn't she talented? She amazes me.

Sassy, that is the end of the trades, we can now call it DONE! LOL!

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I have to add to the post one more time! I forgot one other item that Trina sent me (Sorry Trina!!) It is a decorative jar (shaped like the playing card Spade) with red and black beans in it. It sits on my stovetop. Love it! Also, Trina did crochet my doile! You sure are talented Trina!! Now we can call it done!

Have a great day!
    Karen