Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elliesfun

new: mnf october - 2nd annual 'autumn's favorite'

elliesfun
12 years ago

Welcome to the MNF's 2nd annual "Autumn's Favorite" seed swap. Seed's can be flowers, flowering bushes or vine's.

DETAILS OF THE SWAP:

1. You can send as many packets as you would like, but try to limit to no more than 10 packets of the same variety.

2. Make a LIST of the seed varieties that you are including. I will try to send back all new and different varieties of seed depending on what is sent in. People love variety, so try to include as many different varieties as you are able. Seeds should not be older than 2009.

3. Please send your seeds in a BUBBLER MAILER. I will reuse the envelope to return your seeds to you.

4. The deadline for seeds to reach me will be October 31st and I will try to have them sorted and back to you by the middle of November.

5. In your bubble mailer: Include your seeds, a label with your return address, enough postage to get your package back to you and a list of all the seeds you are including. (Makes it easier for me to sort.) Include a wish list if you would like.

Please sign up on this thread. After signing up remember to send an email message to me asking for my address. In it include your full name, mailing address and GardenWeb name.

OK! Are you ready to join the swap..you know you wanna! We all like seeds whether we plant them or not. It's the idea of having packets of seeds to look at and thinking just where in the world can I tuck this plant into a space.

Comments (116)

• pumkingal
    12 years ago

Hi Ellie;;
    I just mailed out my big envie of wonderful seeds 250 packs,,,now the waiting part of I love it,,,eye ballin the mailman soon,,he likes all this,,
    Thanks for hosting
    Lisa

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Ellie,

My bubbler is going out today.

Thanks much!!!

Annie

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good morning everyone!

ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS TO SIGN UP FOR THIS SWAP. ANYONE OUT THERE THAT WOULD LIKE TO EXCHANGE FLOWERS, BUSHES OR VINES SIGN UP NOW!

Lisa and Annie I will be watching the mail box for your seeds. I still have some of mine to get together. Have a
    wonderful day in whatever you are going to do today.

Ellie

• clc70
    12 years ago

Would like to join this swap although I won't be able to mail them until the 25th. Connie.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

Ellie,
    A few days ago I sent you an email with my address but have not heard from you. Please let me know if you have received it.
    Please email me your address as I would like to get my seeds out.

Susan.

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sunday...where has the week gone! THREE MORE DAYS TO SIGN UP so if anyone still would like to join let me know.

Welcome Connie to this seed swap. Sent you an email PLMK if you do not receive it.

Susan I sent you another email, let me know also.

I will check back in later today. Have a good one!

Ellie

• smitties
    12 years ago

Good grief, just a week to get those seeds to you. I promise I am going to sit down on Tuesday and get my seeds done up and mailed on Wednesday. The time just flies by doesn't it.

We are putting up our Christmas trees tomorrow at work. I work for a small gift shop and this is the time it usually gets done. The sad thing is we are the last store in this area to actually get out trees up. Hobby Lobby has had their ornaments out since September.

I am anxious to see what ornaments we have this year. I wasn't there when all the orders came in so some I have not seen. The were unpacked and put up in our attic. I just can't believe the holiday season is fast approaching.

We had our first frost the other night but for some reason, all my plants pretty much survived it which was a big surprise, (and a pleasant one too). I did get the ones I winter over inside before it hit.

Hope everyone enjoys the week to come. Margo

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Ellie,

I will send my words to you for "Autumn's Favorite" tonight!!!

Must run! Happy Monday!

Annie

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for this swap so if you are still thinking about joining....just do it.

Those that have signed up are:
    flowergirl34
    smities
    sassybutterfly2008
    poisondartfrog rec'd seeds
    mavisot
    marcella
    beautifulreddahlias
    snapdragon36
    linda_jo rec'd seeds
    najeff
    canyonwind rec'd seeds
    browneyedsusan
    shanta_5 rec'd seeds
    pumpkingal rec'd seeds
    clc70

Seeds are due October 31st. It has really turned cold now. I hope that winter isn't on its way because I still have garden work to do. Does anyone ever cut there daylilies back in the fall? Mine have all turned yellow which I don't ever remember them turning yellow.

For being retired, I sure spend alot of time at work now. Will probably be working 3 days this week. Guess I better get a couple of things done before retiring for the night.

Ellie

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Ellie,

Just emailed you my words....

I have never cut my daylilies back. In your zone 5, don't alot of your DL die back in Winter???? Maybe it is a good idea....I better look it up...LOL!

Happy Tuesdsay!

Annie

• vajeff
    12 years ago

Trying to get my seeds out today. I hope they make it in time.

Haven't been able to do much the past two weeks since my best friend's dog is ill. Poor thing... Her spine is fusing together and her knee went out. He's not able to move her around due to a back injury years ago, so I've had to stay with them and help out. She's showing signs of getting better, but we really don't know what will happen in the long run... I'd rather not think about it.

Anyway, wow, Christmas trees up already? I noticed a couple of stores around here are already packed with holiday decorations... although, I haven't seen the trees yet. It amazes me how early retailers put holiday items out. It's not even Halloween, much less Thanksgiving! By the time Christmas does arrive, I'm surprised that people aren't tired of it.

Speaking of frosts and winter... I have got to get home and start taking plants in. There is a long list of things to do and I'm running out of time! Things to plant, seeds to collect/clean/dry/package, plants to take in, yard work, mulching, etc etc. And I still have to get around to prepping these pumpkins for pie, pumpkin butter, bread, etc.! The only seeds left (I think) that I'm wating for are hostas, lilies, mums, and amaranthus. Maybe more melampodiums and cypress vines. Oh, and pansies. So much to do!

When my daylilies die back after frost, I just wait until I can pull all the dead leaves out and do that. Sometimes, if I have extra mulch left over, I'll toss another 1/2 inch to 1 inch on them... but I don't think that really matters around here.

Well, back to sorting seeds!

Jeff

• smitties
    12 years ago

I don't cut my daylilies back. In the spring, I just pull out the old foliage the best I can. They seem to do ok.

The trees are up at work and fortunately for my wallet, I only found one ornament I really wanted. It is a cupcake for my daughter in law. I do want some other things though such as a votive holder. The store does look nice and boy was I beat last night.

Had to drop 150 dollars at the vet today. Our dog has been throwing up lately. I feed her and she throws up about 6 hours later. After a couple of days, I put her on a 24 hour fast and introduced chicken and brown rice. Still vomited. She kept it in overnight on Sunday so when I called the vet, she suggested I wait to see if she would keep more down. No luck. The weird thing is she is acting just fine. I took her in and she had a slight fever so they think there is a bacteria inbalance from whatever the problem is and she has an infection going on too. Xrays showed nothing obvious in her stomach or intestines so they are hoping whatever it is will pass. She is on medicine to stop the vomiting and an antibiotic. I get to feed her a small amount of chicken/rice tonight and hopefully she will keep it down. If not, back to the vet for more testing. I sure hope she doesn't do anymore and whatever is blocking her stomach up passes through. Poor baby is so hungry and I feel so bad. She is such a good girl and gave the vet no problems.

Ellie, I am sitting down after dinner tonight and doing up all my seed packages and getting them in the mail on Thursday. (Have to work tomorrow). The latest they will be there is on deadline. I may be harvesting in the dark but rain is coming tomorrow so I have to get everything I can now.

Get this one. They say there will be a possibility of flurries mixed in the rain. Uggggghhhhhhhhh. NOOOOOOO!!!

smitties

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone......is it cold tonight, actually cold in my library also. I can hardly type.

The swap is officially closed. There were 4 players in the game and Wendy is the winner. I will try to get your daylily out on Saturday. It is dark when I leave for work and dark when I come home.

I see that lots of seeds are coming in as vegetables which this was a flower swap. Would anyone mind if they rec'd some vegetables also?

As far as Christmas in concerned, I think all the stores in Spokane have had their trees up & lite since September. I worked part-time retail several years ago during the holidays and it really spoiled my Christmas for years after that. I was so tired of Christmas everything that when it did come around I did not enjoy it.

Well I have a couple of calls that need to be made tonight so shall sign off for now. Plus I need to work on my seeds also.

Ellie

• smitties
    12 years ago

I DID IT!!! I spent a few hours tonight getting my seeds packaged up. I just can't believe what a time consuming job that is. Definitely worth it though. I will be doing them up in the shipping envelope tomorrow and getting them to the post office first thing Thursday morning.

I just fed our dog her tablespoon of rice/chicken. I feel so bad for her. I pray she keeps it down so we can give her more in the morning. She gets double that every few hours tomorrow as long as she keeps it down. I can't believe what a trooper she has been. I shoved the antibiotic down her throat, (can't hide it in food) and she did great. You don't know how hard I am hoping she keeps all this down so she doesn't have to go through anymore testing.

Ellie, I didn't include vegies but did put in a couple herbs. I will take vegies for sure and I actually put that in my letter I wrote to you.

Thanks again for doing this for us. Margo

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Good morning!

Margo, so sorry about your dog! We had a similar situation years ago with our Noah, and the way they look at you...and you know they are hungry, you just WANT to feed them. I kept telling him it was for his own good. With Noah the antibiotics did work, and after about a week he was back to normal. Hoping your little one does the same :)

I do cut my daylily's back, every year. If I don't they will flop right on my iris. Bringing rot and the dreaded iris borer...YUCK! I also trim my iris back as well. Not alot maybe, 5-6 inches from the top of the rhizome. This stops them from doing the floppy rots too. I has an infestation of iris borers years ago...I never, ever want to go through that again...eeeeewwwwww! Those things just look like giant maggots!

Ellie, I mailed out my seeds last Friday. Did you receive them yet?

Talk to you soon!
    vina

ps. we are do for some snow tomorrow. :( Dark, cold and raining all day today. High 48...tomorrow...SNOW! I looks like 2 really good days for bagging seeds :)

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Ellie,

Vegetables are fine with me. I did not send you that many seeds...do what works for you.

Thanks much!

Annie

• pumkingal
    12 years ago

I don't mind any thing is great with me,,it is all up to you Ellie,,,might get the white stuff tomorrow,, oh no not ready for that hope it misses us,,I got all of my out side work done,,
    But the inside really paid the price,,lol
    Happy Halloween to you all
    Lisa

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

My package will go out tomorrow ~ I'm still workin' on it tonight. Been a busy few weeks for us!

We're invited to a masquerade and show on Friday and Saturday we're joining in a ZOMBIE walk to raise food for a local food ministry. So we're going to get all gross and 'walking dead' looking and walk around and groan at people.. should be pretty fun! lol

~Wendy

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Received Vina's & Marcella's packages today. They are coming in pretty fast so maybe this weekend I can clear off the craft table and kinda get things set up so when the rest comes I can start sorting.

Ugh snow...don't say that. It has been really cold here and in the higher elevations it has started to snow. I have garden work to do plus now I want to trim my daylilies down. I have had to work all week plus probably Monday also. So much for retirement.

I think tonight I shall turn the heat up a bit. I have been cold since I got home from work.

Ellie

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Morning!

Ellie, I forgot to mention, I don't mind veggies either.

Wendy, HOW FUN! A masquerade and zombie walk. That sounds awesome!

Talk to you soon.
    vina

• snapdragon36
    12 years ago

Hi Everybody
    Ellie I mailed my seeds out yesterday. The weather man is talking that UGH word here to SNOW. I still have lots to do outside yet. We have had alot rain and wind here .
    Have a good day.
    Debbie

• smitties
    12 years ago

Ellie, I sent you an email.

I received a seed catalog today!!! Can you believe it? Not all my plants are even dead yet. It is from Thompson and Morgan and after the experience I have had this past year, will never order from them again. My dil submitted a huge combined seed order for us in the spring. They sent her one package of some sort of ordinary seeds and said the rest were on back order. Of course, your first order has the whole shipping cost added in. We waited til August for the rest of the order and she was finally forced to cancel it.

Then in September, I placed and order for 7 packages of seeds that were on sale. They sent me seeds in three different shipments. In the end, the three I really wanted to get were no longer available and I ended up paying 4 dollars shipping for 4 dollars worth of seeds but the total charged to me was 11.00. I had to contact them about that error. To top that off, they said the seeds were not available but they were in the catalog at the old price of $4.00 each.

Oh well, I can use the catalog for reference of plants I want to put on my 2012 wish list.

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone,
    It has been years since I ordered from Thompson & Morgan and had similiar experience. But Henry Fields I ordered lots of seeds from a couple of years did the same thing..one packaage at a time with of course S&H. That seed cost a bundle and I won't order from them again either. I think if I had not used a credit card they wouldn't have charged me the S&H each time they sent a package of seed because I would have paid for it at the beginning. Good lesson learned I guess.

I received Connie's seeds today so it won't be long before they are back out in the mail hopefully by the end of next week.

I ran out to the greenhouse to get something tonight and thought I was going to freeze. I think this is going to be the last weekend that I will be able to work in the yard cause it feels like snow anytime.

Happy Friday to everyone tomorrow.'

Ellie

• smitties
    12 years ago

Ellie, I did it!!! Got the envelope in the mail today. I hope I included everything as I feel I have been walking around in a fog lately. Always tired and dragging. Starting taking my vitamens again so hope it helps. Just wish I could get a good nights sleep.

Thanks for hosting this and good luck in all the organizing of seed packages.

Margo

• vajeff
    12 years ago

My first post got zapped by GW for a link... so let's give this another try.

My seeds were sent out Thursday. They should arrive on the 1st. I got there 10min before 5pm and the postal person had already emptied the box. The following day, I went to the main branch and the girl behind the counter weighs the envelopes but doesn't check dimensions. I don't think she put it down as do-not-machine, so I'm hoping it's too thick for that anyway. Frustrating.

Oh yeah! I taped down all the seed packets to help it lay flat and smooth. Sorry for all the tape! Please let me know if anything is missing or damaged.

It's pouring here. Nothing but rain from last night to this afternoon (and no signs of letting up). I'm wonder if tonight's party will be postponed. We carved pumpkins for it last night. I ended up with the strangest pumpkin. I've never seen one drip "sap" before, and the flesh was very thick (over an inch thick). Stickiest pumpkin ever! It bruised easily too. A shame I didn't take a few chunks from it and see if they made a smooth, sweet puree. I'd have hit the jackpot if so. Just one of those 6-10lb pumpkins would've made over 3 pies.

Speaking of pies. I cooked and pureed pumpkin yesterday. It went smoothly, much easier than last year where it took me 2 days... granted that pumpkin was pretty large and watery. This time it was just a small sugar variety. I'd like to make pumpkin butter this year, but I'm a bit nervous about canning it (I've never canned) since I've heard that canned squash tends to lead to food poisoning.

I get Henry's Frields catalogues, but I've never ordered from them. Henry's Fields Seed & Nursery and Thompson & Morgan are both affiliates of Gardens Alive!, as are several other companies like Spring Hill Nursery and Gurney's Seed & Nursery. Well, the Watchdog list I'm reading (which I can't mention without getting zapped again) says they are. I'd be a bit cautious about any business that is affiliated with Gardens Alive!.

Have a nice day, everyone. Hopefully none of you are getting the rain we're getting here. It's miserable!

Jeff

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Ellie ~ did my envy get to you today? I hope so!

Vina ~ the Zombie Walk was an absolute blast.. I have no idea how many turned up but the creativity of everyone's idea of a zombie was really fantastic and fun.. the hardest part was actually keeping up the zombie 'walk'.. it's hard work limping for nearly a mile..lol!

Gnite everyone!

~Wendy / sassyb.

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good morning everyone,

Wendy, I did get your envy yesterday. Put with all the rest until I have rec'd all of them. Getting close though.

Yesterday I cut back all the daylilies and perennials, pulled up the annuals and dug out some weeds. I was really tired by the end of the day. Today I think I need to go out into the woods and rake pine needles to cover some of my plants/bushes. Last year I lost some hydranges, peonies and clamatis because we had very little snow cover and some very cold/wendy days. And they are predicting the same type of weather for this year.

Monday I have to finished up a couple of projects at work and then I am going to tell them I am on retirement mode the rest of the week. I think Since I retired last month I have worked more days than not. AND I have projects to get done before it is really to cold to work outside.

Oh wait.....if I don't work a little there is no money for seeds..I shall have to rethink about this. Without a paycheck twice a month, social security doesn't pay for anything extra. I don't think the government cares if I asked the them for extra money for seeds. Do you think I am correct on this one?

Today, I do have to also start cleaning out the studio/greenhouse so that I an be ready to start seeds later. I still need to wash pots from spring that I never cleaned out. I think I need to get more organized in how I do things. Plus I still haven't made notes of how well the seeds that I planted the past two years have done or if I liked at all. Good grief how does one do this all?

Well I guess I better get started or it will be another day wasted. Have a great one everyone!

Ellie

• smitties
    12 years ago

No Ellie, I don't think the government will help you with seeds but wouldn't that be nice?

Had a hard frost last night and it did my pineapple sage in and I am sure it hit a few other things. I now need to get out and dig up my dahlia tubers for the winter. A never ending cycle.

My husband and I took a drive to a place called Shedel Gardens today. I couldn't even begin to explain this place. A couple bought the property in the 30's and then decided to make it a public place once they died. The traveled to over 100 countries when they lived there and brought back many things. The place is amazing and even though a lot has been taken out, it was still fun. After that, we went to a bird sanctuary along Lake Erie. We saw an eagle too.

Just when I thought out dog was on the road to recovery, she vomited again today. We are hoping it is just a fluke and that she ate her meal too fast. I will see if it happens again and if so, will get her in for further testing on Tuesday. She is in such good spirits, it is hard to believe there is anything wrong with her anymore. She is still on her meds so we shall see what the week brings. I am hoping she does not relapse as my husband and I are heading to South Carolina on Friday to see our son and dil for the weekend and will be back on Tuesday. Would hate to leave my son and daughter with a sick dog.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Time for a nice cup of tea and a good magazine.

Margo

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Halloween everyone,

Is anyone dressing up and going out on the town? We never get anyone trick or treating here because the houses are so far apart. Most everyone has 5 to 20 acres and the cars don't drop off their kids when the houses are that far apart besides there are very few street lights also so it's dark.

Received packets from Margo, Jeff, and Debbie today. Still needing seed packets from the following:

mavisot
    beautifulreddahlias
    browneyedsusan
    peaches0104

The weatherman is prediciting snow by Thursday, so I am going to get the last of the yard work done in the next couple of days. I hope he is wrong but I guess it's November and it could happen anytime.

Well going to say good nite and get a couple of things done then off to bed. I feel like I am coming down with a sore throat and I sure don't want that. My kids have all had colds, etc so I can see that it is coming.

Take at you later.

Ellie

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Good morning everyone!

We had a terrific Halloween! My 2 dinosaurs sure kept me on my feet all day!

Wendy, LOLOLOLOLOL! I am only imagining a bunch of adults walking or err! dragging themselves for a mile! I don't know why put I'm picturing the Thriller video, lol! :)

Ellie, if it is okay with you I'm going to post November. I'd like everyone to have there swaps completed before Thanksgiving :)

Have a great day!
    vina

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Friday to all!

I am still waiting on 4 packages of seeds. They are
    mavisot
    beautifulreddahlias
    browneyedsusan
    peaches0104

Let me know if you have decided not to participate then I can get the seeds sorted and mailed out.
    Finally got the rest of the yard put to bed for the year. Yea! Now to start cleaning house and getting ready for the holidays which are fast approaching. I was going to make the christmas cards this year but thinking it won't happen...these need to be started in the summer...yes I am slow.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Ellie

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good morning all,

It sure has turned cold in eastern Washington. I had the pine needles hauled in that I want to use for covering plants. It's pretty sad when a person has to ask for pine needles.

I am going to start sorting seeds today and hopefully get in the mail Monday or Tuesday. I still have not heard from the 4 above that signed up. Susan I still have not received your seeds that you said was mailed over a week ago. I guess that is where a confirmattion # is helpful to see where they were delivered.

Yesterday I started to clean house getting ready for the holidays. Before you know it, the holidays will arrive and be gone just as quick. Looking forward to doing the extra things now that I am not working. I want to do that extra baking during the day instead of staying up to wee hours at night to bake.

Thanks so much for everyone who participated in this swap and I will post on the day I mail. Have a great Sunday! Did everyone remember to set their clocks back? Of course I didn't.

Ellie

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Ellie, thanks for the update!

And now...to go change my clock...thanks for reminding me :0)

vina

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I finished packing up the seeds today and put in the mail.
    Susan your seeds did not arrive today either.

Connie your DC#0310 3200 0000 2528 8615
    Jeff your DC# 0310 3200 0000 2528 8608
    Lisa your DC# 0310 3200 0000 2528 8592
    Debbie your DC# 0310 3200 0000 2528 8585

Thank you all for participating in the swap and looking for to next years swap. Please post when your seeds arrive. Have a great gardening year.

Ellie

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Ellie...my goodness woman, you already packed up seeds...you are quick!

Thank you again for hosting "Autumn's Favorite"................

Annie

• smitties
    12 years ago

Ellie, got back from my trip to find my envelope. Thank you so much for the great variety. Will be emailing you separately soon. Margo

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Ellie ~ Did my pkg go out yet? I'm only asking because I'm receiving LOTS of manilla envys right now from the Winter Sowing swap and I'm just tucking them all into the box next to my desk.. it just occurred to me that your envy for this swap might be in there as well...lol

Thanks!
    `Wendy

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Wendy your package went out last week...a big white package with the daylily in. But today I also mailed another big white envy out to you for the winter sowing swap

Susan I received your packet today. Can't believe it took 8 days. If I would have known there was a tracking slip I would have looked it up on USPS site. I have mailed all the seeds out now so will go look in my stash to see what I can come up with. Not only did I mail out this swap but also the winter sowing swap and put all my extra's in there. Tomorrow I will go out to the greenhouse and see what I can find for you.

Ellie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

oh good! at least it's a different color! lol Haven't rec'd it yet unless it's in today's mail.. which I'll run down and p/u now. I'll letcha know!

Ellie ~ if it's any help I can send some goodies to Susan. I have plenty to share (not WS swap send in's either.. but my own stash lol!)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

It did arrive today!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You did a fantastic job sorting seeds! I really love the selection and the daylily is awesome!!!

Thanks for your hard work Ellie! And let me know if you need me to help out with some goodies for Susan, just send me an email!

~Wendy / sassyb.

• pumkingal
    12 years ago

YIPPIE I got my seeds and going threw them all
    WONDERFUL Oh thank you so very much I love them all
    Thanks so much for hosting all of this,, This is my christmas for sure,,,
    Thank you again
    Lisa

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Ellie!!!! I just got my bubbler!! And all I can say is HOLY MOLY! :D I can't believe how many different seeds I have! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

And THANK YOU to everyone for sharing your wonderful gardens with me.

And Ellie, do I owe you more in postage? I can't remember how much I sent you? But if you need more $ just let me know and I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!

Now off to go sort my new treasures, lol!
    vina

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am happy that you liked the assortment sent. I am thinking there was extra postage due on most only because I sent in lots of commercial packets. That will be my Christmas present to all of you. Thank you all for joining and next year the swap will be in September. We can now start to dream about what to plant this spring for swaping next fall. Have a great year in the garden!

Ellie

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Ellie,

I received my outstanding assortment of seeds yesterday.
    Thank you so very much!!!

• vajeff
    12 years ago

Thank you, Ellie!

I got my package yesterday and went through it today. I'm really excited about it. I received several varieties that I've been looking for but hadn't added to my want list yet - you read my mind! Now I can get a great start on my new shade bed thanks to you, and I'll have several new plants to collect seeds from next year. I can't wait!

Thank you so much!

To everyone who participated, thank you too!

Jeff

• snapdragon36
    12 years ago

Ellie,
    I received my seeds. Thank you for such a great assortment. You did a great job. Thanks to everyone for sharing your seeds.
    Debbie

• elliesfun
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi all,
    Susan your seeds went out today. The DC# is0310 3490 0002 1403 5847. By Monday I would check this out and see how close your package is. I had forgotten that tomorrow is Veterans Day and everything will be closed...government that is.

One more day at home and then the office wants me to come back for a few days again. I still have lots to do around here. I started to clean the basement but then got distracted and haven't gotten back to it. Oh well thats the way it goes.

Ellie

• clc70
    12 years ago

I received my packet of seeds today. Boy o boy, I'm gonna be busy. Thanks everyone, and thanks Ellie for hosting this great swap. Connie.

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

Thank you Ellie, for the excellent assortment of seeds, and for Halloween, my favorite!
    Alana

• browneyedsusan_gw
    12 years ago

Ellie, Thanks for the great seeds! Thanks also to those who sent them in. There are so many varieties that are new to me and it will be fun to try them. Susan