Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canyonwind

NEW: obf october...."just be nice" swap

canyonwind
9 years ago

JUST BE NICE SWAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is that easy for the month of October!

My inspiration for this swap******I received a bumper sticker several months ago. It says, "just be nice." I love it and everybody on the road loves it too. It makes them happy! They smile, they honk their horn and scream out, "just be nice, love it."

A couple of weeks ago, I searched out where I could find these precious little gems. I found them at, you got it, justbenice.com.

From their website, this says it all."Just Be Nice� is an international movement with a simple message, just be nice. These three simple, yet powerful words transcend through our culture as a positive lifelong message of kindness."

Please check out the story of just be nice and how it came to be at the website justbenice.com
The story is touching, refreshing and real.

And now for the JUST BE NICE SWAP details!

*N I C E is four letters. Send your partner four NICE anythings. You do not need to spend lots of money. Just keep it SIMPLE and keep it KIND!!!!! Please send your partner "anythings" that you would like to receive yourself.

AND

*JUST BE NICE to those around you, whether you know them or not, every day during the month of October! Opening a door for someone, saying Thank You, saying Please. It does not need to cost even a penny. Afterall, so many of the simple things in life are free.

*JUST BE NICE must be sent in a Bubbler. Priority Flat Rate bubblers are fine. NO BOXES!

*Tracking/Delivery Confirmation PLEASE.

*Partners posted OCTOBER 9

*Please mail by OCTOBER 20. If for some reason, you are going to be late in sending, please post here.

*Please post when you send to your partner and after you receive. Include what your NICE partner has sent you.

And, of course, there will be games. And, of course, we will be playing "NICE BINGO".
The canines can not wait to start fetching for you. And, of course, there will be prizes. And, of course, you might just be a winner without even knowing you were in the running.

Let's Just Be Nice and have some fun!!!! Fun is NICE too!!!

Thanks much!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Wed, Oct 1, 14 at 13:41

Comments (150)

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

GAME UPDATE....I am going to post the Game 1 update and the Game 2 update on seperate posts. We will do Game 2 first.

Update GAME 2 "IN YOUR OWN WORDS"......................

Four more OBFERS, Melinda, lavender (Keyla), Margo and Mary E have also submitted their own words. If I missed anyone, please let me know
    Thanks all for playing....so very NICE!!

11 Entries thus far from...see below.

"Nice is an action that someone can do daily
    It doesn't have to be expensive
    Can be a text, email, call to see how you are really doing
    Easy to do."

By Nicole (bluee19)

"Nice, sharing with friends.
    Their happiness feels nice, too.
    My favorite part."

By Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap)

"NICE is a cooler day with a breeze after the hot summer, nice is a fresh blanket of snow, nice is seeing winter sowing sprouts and NICE is being a member of OBF!"

By Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)

# 4

"Nice-
    Now is the time.
    It's easy to do.
    Consider each person,
    Extraordinary to you.
    Nice"

By NonnaG (Nonna G)

"NICE...the fifth most populous city in France.
    It's NICE to be NICE.
    Full of surprises, selfishly driven...
    NICE smiles, NICE laughter, NICE memories.
    I love NICE people.
    Have a NICE day!"

By Jayeanne (pinkiris)

"Nice is the road from my heart to you.
    A gesture, smile, kind word or two.
    Nice is the dream that all gardens share -
    beauty and plenty beyond compare."

By Erica (EricaBraun)

"Nice and sweet, can't compete.
    Hold the door.
    Say thank you more.
    Give your time, you don't mind
    Please be kind, is the point of this rhythm."

By Promise (pmb2005)

"Nice- So easy to do! Starts with a smile and continues on through.
    A hug, a gentle touch should always be part of every day life that we all love so much!"

By Melinda (ilovefarac)

# 9

"NICE to open your eyes every morning and have a new beginning no matter what!"

By Keyla (lavenderpyly)

# 10

"Nice should just come natural and I am positive everyone here does just that. After all, we are GARDENERS."

By Margo (smitties)

# 11

"Nice that you sent her playing cards for Solitaire, that had crossed my mind as well."

By Mary E. (cottonwood468)

Deadline for posting your "IN YOUR OWN WORDS" entry is tomorrow (Thurs), 6 p.m. PACIFIC TIME. Please EMAIL me your VOTE for your favorite "IN YOUR OWN WORDS" by Sunday 12 noon PACIFIC Time. Do NOT post who you are voting for here.

I will be back in a bit with the GAME 1 UPDATE, "WHO WILL WIN THE 2014 WORLD SERIES". Are you still in the game?????????? We will see................

Annie

• smitties
    9 years ago

Annie, just stopped by to do my "in your own words' but not feeling creative and felt bad I hadn't posted anything.

Was surprised to find that you had used a quote from my post yesterday and relieved that it actually works. Thanks LOL

Margo

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Margo, so sorry! I thought that was your entry. Please post another if you like and I will update. Mary E, I better check with you to....is that your entry?

GAME 1 UPDATE...
    "WHO WILL WIN THE 2014 WORLD SERIES"

Well, two more teams were eliminated from our game yesterday....

*Yesterdays news. The San Francisco Giants beat the Washington Nationals. San Francisco was the first team to win three games, thus they move on and Washington is eliminated.
    *Yesterdays news. The St. Louis Cardinals beat the Los Angeles Dodgers. St. Louis was the first team to win three games, thus they move on and Los Angeles Dodgers are eliminated.

We started this game with 8 teams. Four teams have now been eliminated. Yes, there are FOUR teams left. Look below and see where your name and number (under a team name) remains. Maybe your name has disappeared all together…so sad! If you can not find your name and number under any team, that means you have been eliminated. You are out of the game…SORRY! Some of you are still listed x 1, some of you are still listed x 2, some of you are still listed x 3, some of you are still listed x 4. Two more teams will still be eliminated, thus you still might be eliminated as well. The winner of the National League Championship will play the winner of American League Championship in the WORLD SERIES (in case you did not know that).

In order to win this game, your team has to WIN the WORLD SERIES and the number next to your name represents the TOTAL SCORE (of both teams) in the final, winning game of the WORLD SERIES .

*NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP*

San Francisco Giants will play the St. Louis Cardinals for the National League Championship. The first game of this series will be on Saturday, October 11. This is a BEST OF SEVEN series meaning that the first team that wins FOUR games moves on to THE WORLD SERIES and the other team is eliminated. .

*SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS*

0 EricaBraun (Erica)
    1 panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri)
    2 bluee19 (Nicole)
    3 cinnie0 (Nikki)
    4 skyblue52 (Susan)
    5 brittneysgran (Shirley
    6 pinkiris (Jayeanne)
    7 lavenderpyly (Keyla)
    8 NonnaG (Nonna G)
    9 smitties (Margo)
    *ST. LOUIS CARDINALS*

0 sguanzon (Sue G)
    1 smitties (Margo)
    2 panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri)
    3 Hibiscusfan (Suzanne)
    4 EricaBraun (Erica)
    5 lavenderpyly (Keyla)
    6 bluee19 (Nicole)
    7 brittneysgran (Shirley)
    8 pmb2005 (Promise)
    9 pinkiris (Jayeanne)
    *AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP*

Baltimore Orioles will play Kansas City Royals for the American League Championship. The first game of this series will be on Friday, October 10. This is a BEST OF SEVEN series meaning that the first team that wins FOUR games moves on to THE WORLD SERIES and the other team is eliminated.

*BALTIMORE ORIOLES*

0 pinkiris (Jayeanne)
    1 dmkelly (Dawn)
    2 lavenderpyly
    3 panhandle_seed swap (Sheri)
    4 brittneysgran (Shirley)
    5 sguanzon (Sue G)
    6 cinnie0 (Nikki)
    7 smitties (Margo)
    8 EricaBraun (Erica)
    9 sandlapper_rose (Jeanne)
    *KANSAS CITY ROYALS*

0 sguanzon (Sue G)
    1 ilovefarac (Melinda)
    2 sandlapper_rose (Jeanne)
    3 lavenderpyly
    4 cinnie0 (Nikki)
    5 pinkiris (Jayeanne)
    6 dmkelly (Dawn)
    7 Hibiscusfan (Suzanne)
    8 skyblue52 (Susan)
    9 panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri)
    Need to run....I am going to try and get another game (football) up later today or in the morning.

And will post partners and start NICE BINGO tomorrow.

Tata,

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Wed, Oct 8, 14 at 16:30

• smitties
    9 years ago

No problem Annie, I sent you an email. So glad you chose those words for me. LOL

Margo

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Hmmmm... I seem to have been eliminated from the World Series.

That wasn't really my entry, but I will leave it by default unless I think of something. Weds is when I come home tired from the food pantry. The seed saving former chef was there, I gave him another Jalapeno and two Melrose peppers. He lit up, he will make something amazing. And he asked if he should save the seeds.

Somehow they are coordinating the purchase (going to five stores) and volunteer cooking of fifty three turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner where anyone can come. It will happen.

Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 7:22

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Mary,

Every time I hear about you working in the food pantry, I can't help but think how selfless that is. You have such a generous heart.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good Morning,

""JUST BE NICE" SWAP"

Partner time...here we go!
    Please contact your partner if you need an address.
    Mail out deadline October 20

*lavenderpyly (Keyla) sends to sguanzon (Sue G)

*sguanzon (Sue G) send to lavenderpyly (Keyla)

*sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) sends to pinkiris (Jayeanne)

*pinkiris (Jayeanne) sends to sandlapper_rose (Jeanne)

*smitties (Margo) sends to dmkelly (Dawn)

*dmkelly (Dawn) sends to smitties (Margo)

*hibiscusfan (Suzanne) sends to EricaBraun (Erica)

*EricaBraun (Erica) sends to hibiscusfan (Suzanne)

*pmb2005 (Promise) sends to ilovefarac (Melinda)

*ilovefarac (Melinda) sends to pmb2005 (Promise)

*skyblue52 (Susan) sends to cottonwood468 (Mary E.)

*cottonwood 468 (Mary E.) sends to skyblue52 (Susan)

*NonnaG (Connie) sends to bluee19 (Nicole)

*bluee19 (Nicole) sends to NonnaG (Connie)

*panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri) sends to canyonwind (Annie)

*canyonwind (Annie) sends to panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri)

Have fun!!!!!!

BINGO....BINGO....BINGO

NICE BINGO sign ups are closed!

Are you ready for BINGO...Here we go! The NICE canines are ready to do some fetching for you! Remember to watch your card. The first person who gets 15, please call BINGO! Good luck to you all.

"NICE BINGO"
    The German has chose the following for you today!

21. Nice Guys Finish Last…or do they?
    7. Heath Bars

And here are the OBFERS that are playing.

*EricaBraun (Erica)

*pinkiris (Jayeanne)

*cottonwood468 (Mary E)

*panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri)

*bluee19 (Nicole)

*brittneysgran (Shirley)

*sandlapper_rose (Jeanne)

*NonnaG (Nonna G)

*pmb2005 (Promise)

*ilovefarac (Melinda)

*smitties (Margo)

*sguanzon (Sue G)

*hibiscusfan (Suzanne)

*skyblue52 (Susan)

*lavenderpyly (Keyla)
    Be back in a bit with a guessing game...super easy, a no thinker!

Annie

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Jeanne - your NICE package is on the way! I have tracking if we need it =)

Jayeanne

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

GAME 3...we will call this.......
    "COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS NICE"

Below, the following college football games will be played this coming Saturday, October 11. I randomly chose these.

The RULES....

*GUESS the TOTAL number of points that will be scored in these 9 games (all 18 teams). Do not pick each game seperatley.
    *Post your number here by Saturday, Oct. 11, 9 AM PACIFIC TIME...not a minute later.
    *You can NOT pick a number that someone else has chosen.
    *EXAMPLE...if you guess that all of these teams together will score a total of 200 points....post it...that is all you have to do.
    If for example, I tally the total points to be 202 and Margo guesses 200 and Erica guesses 204, (202 is smack in the middle-we need a tiebreaker), OVER wins, thus Erica would win. Otherwise, whoever has the closest number will win.

Don't overthink it, just take a chance and guess. You might win a prize!! Good Luck!

# 1 Georgia @ Missouri
    # 2 Florida St @ Syracuse
    # 3 Illinois @ Wisconsin
    # 4 Auburn @ MISS ST
    # 5 North Carolina @ Notre Dame
    # 6 Oregon @ UCLA
    # 7 Louisville @ Clemson
    # 8 Alabama @ Arkansas
    # 9 Ole MISS @ Texas A & M

So how many points in total, will ALL of the teams above score on Saturday? Q's, just ask!

Mary E, yes, you were the first person to be eliminated from "WHO WILL WIN THE 2014 WORLD SERIES". The canines felt awful!! And so do I!!
    And change your entry for "IN YOUR OWN WORDS" if you like....by 6 PM PACIFIC today.

DING.....DING.....DING.....DING....
    My goodness, we have another prize WINNER! Jayeanne, is the first person to send her NICE package out. I no more post partners and Jayeanne posts that her NICE package to Jeanne is on the way! My goodness, you are an organized soul!!

And todays quote....

"We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.”
    ~Charlie Chaplin

Have a most beautiful, happy and NICE day!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 13:45

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

Wow, Jayenanne - you were really ready for this and so NICE that you won a prize. I'll let you know when my NICE pacakge arrives.

Annie I am going to guess 334 for the total score on all the teams listed. I keep thinking that is too low, but we'll see.

Everyone have a good day!
    Jeanne

• bluee19
    9 years ago

This is a guess cus I don't know much about football let alone scoring = 427

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Yes Jeanne - Ive been ready! LOL Hope you enjoy your 'NICE' package.

Thank you Annie =) I appreciate it.

Im gonna guess 313

ROLL TIDE!

Jayeanne

This post was edited by pinkiris on Thu, Oct 9, 14 at 16:16

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

I'll guess 350.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Oh, brother I've been gone all day and look at all the activity. Nice that I got skyblue, one of the original people to inspire me to join OBF. Bingo! Way to go canines! Are they choosing by scent discrimination? Two treats for each dog. Football, I'll have to overthink ... son's U. gave their league spot to (Michigan? NW?) So I will be happy to cheer for any OBF favorites. Pinkiris, did you get my email ... like a week ago? Clock ticking. Thirty two words. Thank goodness for Pacific time.

Mary E.

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Hey Mary -

No I did not get your email...but I sent you an email, lol. Did you get mine? =) You were asking for my addy for the blue tomatoes I asked you about a few swaps back. Yes I would love a few. =) I guess the garden web email still is not working right. Ill email you again now. thank you Mary.

• smitties
    9 years ago

I am going to guess 378.

I received my "NICE" prize today and it is quite nice! It is a beautiful dishtowel. I just love it cause who couldn't use a new dishtowel in their kitchen? Thank you Annie.

Congrats to the winners so far. Good luck to the future winners.

Margo

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Oh, that's what I am remembering. I will send them in the Theme Garden one, that is due sooner. I did not get your email via GW.
    Any one listening here, you have my permission to give my email address to Pinkiris or Skyblue or anyone psychic on the nine college football/Saturday game totals!
    Mary E.

• NonnaG
    9 years ago

Hi Ladies. I hope you are all doing well. A german shepherd called Pepper gave me a bath today. Lol. I guess she just wanted to share her experience with me. It was an awesome day.

Annie- I would like the number 405 for the football game. I'm a Longhorns fan. My 2nd mother-in-law has their school song as her phones ringtone.

Off to make doggie treats for my little Dinky.

NonnaG

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Nice that trained, captive-bred African rats are being used to sniff out land mines in Angola, Mozambique and Cambodia. They are also being used to sniff out tuberculosis! Rats! Just think!

Mary E.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

NonnaG....GSD Pepper gave you a bath...love it!! I would love your recipe(s) for dog treats. I am always looking for new tasty ones for my kids.

Mary E....clock is ticking...tic...toc...tic...toc. But I have decided to be NICE and give you a little more time....And even if you do not know what a football is...just guess. Taking a chance is good thing!

Margo, I do have a dish towel fettish....I must confess.

I will update everything in the morning.

Tata,

Annie

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Hi All! Annie you sure have a lot of fun surprises for everyone! Always great swaps! My guess is going to be 427.
    Promise, I sent you an email and hope you got it. Was requesting your address. Hope you got it or see this as ready to mail. Thanks!
    Hope everyone has a wonderful evening! Melinda
    Anyone heard from Shirley?

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I'm thrilled to have Annie as a partner. This will be fun!!!

Connie, love to hear all about your "dog clients". :)

Congrats on your prize, Jayeanne! I'm excited to hear what these prizes are, from sweet Annie.

Melinda, I have not heard from Shirley. Has anyone else been in touch with her? I hope she's not in too much pain.

I hope everyone has a fun (or relaxing) weekend!

Sheri

• smitties
    9 years ago

Dawn, I need your address. I will be going out of town to visit my daughter and hopefully find her wedding dress. I plan to get your package out by Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone. Margo

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

NICE to pay it forward:

OBF friends, go look at the Orange Sweet Crunch Offer over on the Hot Peppers threads. Very interesting sweet pepper for SASE.

Click on the link to read the original info on the pepper.

Mary E.

This post was edited by cottonwood468 on Sat, Oct 11, 14 at 19:39

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Happy Friday!

BINGO TIME....

"NICE BINGO"

Today black Lab "Baby J" has chose the following just for you......

35. World Smile Day (October 3)
    48. National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day (October 14)

Previously fetched......
    7. Heath Bars

Update GAME 2 "IN YOUR OWN WORDS"......................

CLOSED...Please email me your vote for your favorite "IN YOUR OWN WORDS by Sunday 12 noon Pacific.
    I have already received votes from Jeanne and Promise.
    Thanks all for playing....so very NICE!!

And the entries......

"Nice is an action that someone can do daily
    It doesn't have to be expensive
    Can be a text, email, call to see how you are really doing
    Easy to do."

By Nicole (bluee19)

"Nice, sharing with friends.
    Their happiness feels nice, too.
    My favorite part."

By Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap)

"NICE is a cooler day with a breeze after the hot summer, nice is a fresh blanket of snow, nice is seeing winter sowing sprouts and NICE is being a member of OBF!"

By Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)

# 4

"Nice-
    Now is the time.
    It's easy to do.
    Consider each person,
    Extraordinary to you.
    Nice"

By NonnaG (Nonna G)

"NICE...the fifth most populous city in France.
    It's NICE to be NICE.
    Full of surprises, selfishly driven...
    NICE smiles, NICE laughter, NICE memories.
    I love NICE people.
    Have a NICE day!"

By Jayeanne (pinkiris)

"Nice is the road from my heart to you.
    A gesture, smile, kind word or two.
    Nice is the dream that all gardens share -
    beauty and plenty beyond compare."

By Erica (EricaBraun)

"Nice and sweet, can't compete.
    Hold the door.
    Say thank you more.
    Give your time, you don't mind
    Please be kind, is the point of this rhythm."

By Promise (pmb2005)

"Nice- So easy to do! Starts with a smile and continues on through.
    A hug, a gentle touch should always be part of every day life that we all love so much!"

By Melinda (ilovefarac)

# 9

"NICE to open your eyes every morning and have a new beginning no matter what!"

By Keyla (lavenderpyly)

# 10

"Nice should just come natural and I am positive everyone here does just that. After all, we are GARDENERS."

By Margo (smitties)

Mary, I guess this is the post you are talking about. I can not figure out what else it would be....i am confused! To late now...

"Nice that trained, captive-bred African rats are being used to sniff out land mines in Angola, Mozambique and Cambodia. They are also being used to sniff out tuberculosis! Rats! Just think!"

By cottonwood468 Mary E

OK, there you go, please vote...email me. Do not post your vote here!

GAME 3 UPDATE...
    "College FOOTBALL IS NICE"

guesses thus far...

Melinda pick again, Nicole had already chose your number

*sandlapper_rose (Jeanne) 334
    *bluee19 (Nicole) 427
    *pinkiris (Jayeanne) 313
    *EricaBraun (Erica) 350
    *Smitties (Margo) 378
    *NonnaG (Connie) 405
    *ilovefarac (Melinda) please pick another number

Did I miss anyone? Let me know!
    GAME 1
    "WHO WILL WIN THE 2014 WORLD SERIES?"
    The first game of the American League Champioship is today.
    Kansas City Royals @ Baltimore Orioles, 5 PM PACIFIC

cottonwood468 has been eliminated from the game. Who will be next? Time will tell!
    Later,

Annie

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Sorry, didn't see your number Nicole! My guess again will be 397. Thanks!
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! It is raining, raining, and more rain!

• skyblue52
    9 years ago

Just caught up on the thread. Yea I m thrilled to have Mary [cottonwood] Oh I will get you started this weekend. Total points ? 417 is that picked. Jayyeanne You have alot of work ahead but fun. Shirley . take care . While out this week picked up red tulip bulbs. Waiting for the dahlias to frost, I want to put them in those holes. Have tomillios getting ripe and wanting to make jam. Am in the halloween seed trade. A But for now laundry. Talk to you all later. Susan

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Please, someone that has my email, forward it to Susan, thanks.

Way to go, Nonna G. getting in on the Sweet Orange Crunch! I mailed my SASE this morning. Pulled some medicinals for a bouquet. Checked the garden, found something to ferment for Erica.
    Deseeded a hot pepper, washed my hands and started saving seeds from cherry tomatoes. Like eating hot cherry tomatoes, not too hot, not bad.

Annie, LOL, yes, it is thirty one words!!

Shirley do you have any favorites on current DWTS ?

Back to seed packing.

Mary E.

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    9 years ago

My guess for college footballis 279.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Mary -- Yay! I love surprises. By chance, have you happened to try adding me to your email contacts, so that you can receive emails from me.

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Approximatley 13 hrs and 11 minutes left to make your guess in GAME 3..... "College Football Is Nice"

GAME 3 UPDATE...

Guesses thus far from the following OBFERS...any other OBFERS, please post your guess, by 9 am PACIFIC tomorrow (Saturday). Please make sure you do not guess the same number that someone else has already guessed!

*bluee19 (Nicole) 427
    *pinkiris (Jayeanne) 313
    *EricaBraun (Erica) 350
    *Smitties (Margo) 378
    *NonnaG (Connie) 405
    *ilovefarac (Melinda) 397
    *NonnaG (Connie) 405
    *skyblue52 (Susan) 417
    *hibiscusfan (Suzanne) 279

GAME 2 "IN MY OWN WORDS"........

The following OBFERS have emailed me their votes.

Promise
    Jeanne
    Nicole
    Melinda
    NonnaG
    Hibiscusfan

If I missed anyone let me know!

Shirley, hope you are feeling good. Check in when you feel up to it!

Tiz vino time for me...I am late! And off to dinner!

"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do."
    ~Mother Teresa
    Happy Evening!

Annie

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

This is the one that inspired me: A journalist was at the Calcutta mission observing her work. She was cleaning a person with awful, oozing smelly sores. The journalist said, "I wouldn't do that for a million dollars." Mother Teresa looked up and said, "Neither would I. I am doing it for God."

OK, football score, Saturday total for stated teams: 365

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Happy Fall Y'all
    I'm guessing 450 for game 3. Thank you!
    Have a fantastic weekend!!!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    9 years ago

I'll guess 455 for Saturdays games, Annie... I really have no idea what I'm doing. :) Thanks for the game!

Sheri

• sguanzon
    9 years ago

I'll guess 343. (I too don't know what I'm doing LOL)

Sue G

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Here are some of my favorite words, from the game that is due Sunday at noon:

doesn't have to be expensive
    their happiness feels nice, too
    is seeing winter sowing sprouts
    consider each person extraordinary to you
    the fifth most populous city in France
    the dream that all gardeners share
    be kind, is the point of this rhythm
    starts with a smile, continues on through
    open your eyes and have a new beginning
    after all, we are GARDENERS
    Rats! Just think!

Oh, and look at the Sweet Orange Crunch offer, there is a link to the original info on the pepper. This in the Hot Pepper threads

Mary E.

• dm_kelly
    9 years ago

My guess is 421.

It's been nice to sit with my cup of coffee and read and catch up. So many nice stories and good writers. It's making me start the day with a smile. I keep thinking things need to slow down but that won't happen until June and not then either because that's garden season. We started the week with my baby turning 20. I got a few gift cards valued at $20. for her present. Do you know how hard it is to find that amount? It took her a bit to realize why but when she did, she laughed. Her "cake" was pumpkin pie made from one from my garden.

The rest of my week was filled with grading lab books and parent teacher conferences. I love meeting the parents and seeing how they interact with their kids! The love, the caring, the banter between them is nice but even nicer is that the parents don't make excuses for their kids. They expect the kids to take responsibility and that's going to turn them into nice adults someday. I have such an incredible job!

Have a great weekend! Mine will be spent in the garden and with my chickens. And canning... Nope, this wont be a quiet weekend either.

• brittneysgran
    9 years ago

Hello sweet and NICE OBF'ers!!!!! I think I am still alive some days it's hard to tell. The surgery did happen Tuesday so this is my 4th day into it. They gave me Percocet for my pain meds. and I was so sick so they changed it and I am doing much better on the Norco. The hardest things is not being able to get around like I am used to. I have so much nervous energy I don't even sit down to eat so this is very hard for me. I look outside and see so much to be done and can do nothing about it. I should have picked the month of January for the surgery but I had my insurance deductible met for this year. Anyway it is done and I will make the most of it. There are a lot of people worse off than this.

MaryE-That Mother Teresa what an inspiration she is.
    I love that. I'm excited to see what Sadie and Derek can do together on DWTS. Really interesting to see what changing the partners will do.

Annie I will guess 435 for today's game.

My Cousin is coming today (from Charlotte NC) to stay a week with me. It's so nice to have a Cousin who is also one of your dearest friends. I hope this won't be to boring for her. We plan to get out tomorrow and look at some changing leaves. The leaf lookers are coming here in masses. We are close to the Blue Ridge Mountains and Parkway so we get tons of vacationers.

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

So glad to hear from you Shirley! I just posted on your FB!
    I know what you mean about cousins-I have 2 girl cousins left (I guess they are women really)-but we all love to be girls when we are together and love them like sisters! All my boy cousins died young, so it's just us and we make the most of it as often as we can!
    I hope all are having a great day!
    Promise, still waiting on your address! I have your package ready and had hoped to mail today, but maybe Monday!
    Still a rainy, cold, dreary day! My grandson's football game got cancelled and I was so afraid it would! I love watching them play. They are undefeated 7 to 0 and this is the championship game for them. The last one! I will most definitely miss it! For those of you who are my friend on FB, all the football pics, he is number 4 in the black and red!
    Hope everyone else has beautiful sunshiny days and make the most of them. Mine will be packaging seeds and housework! Then off to my son's for a week or so! Love that!

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

Great to hear from you, Shirley. I'm sure each day will be a little bit better. So glad your counsin is coming to spned time with you. Look at some leaves for me. Okay? I love the fall colors and they won't be here for awhile yet and we have so many trees here that don't change color that our display is never like it is in the mountains.

The S.C. State Fair is going on now. I didn't get to go last year because of my surgery in September so I hope I feel up to it this year. I guess if we just walk around for a little while and leave, it's no big deal. At least I can say I went to it.

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

GAME 3 UPDATE...

CLOSED....good luck to you all!

*bluee19 (Nicole) 427
    *pinkiris (Jayeanne) 313
    *EricaBraun (Erica) 350
    *Smitties (Margo) 378
    *NonnaG (Connie) 405
    *ilovefarac (Melinda) 397
    *skyblue52 (Susan) 417
    *hibiscusfan (Suzanne) 279
    *cottonwood468 (Mary E.) 365
    *pmb2005 (Promise) 450
    *panhandle_seed_swap (Sheri) 455
    *sguanzon (Sue G.) 343
    *dmkelly (Dawn) 421
    *brittneysgran (Shirley) 435

GAME 2 "IN MY OWN WORDS"........

The following OBFERS have emailed me their votes. Any OBFER can vote whether you submitted an entry or not. Mary E., if you sent me an email with your vote, I did not receive.

Promise
    Jeanne
    Nicole
    Melinda
    NonnaG
    Hibiscusfan
    smitties
    Erica
    Sheri
    Jayeanne

I believe I replied to all of you who voted that I "Got It".

If I missed anyone let me know!

BINGO TIME....

"NICE BINGO"

We have a guest fetcher today. Great Dane "Chip" has done the honors this morning......and it took a few treats for him to do it....good boy Chip! Then he got the hang of it and chose a third one just for you!

38. Snickers Bar
    8. Make A Difference Day (October 25)
    16. Courteous

Previously fetched......

35. World Smile Day (October 3)
    48. National Chocolate-Covered Insects Day (October 14)
    7. Heath Bars

Must run...

Annie

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Since this is a NICE swap, I have to share how nice Promise was. She sent me a beautiful birthday card, a pack of seeds, some tea, and some adhesive labels.

Thank you, Promise!!

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Wow, that is a really cheerful surprise. Promise you rock. I admire people getting their things mailed ahead of time.

Mary E.

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

I received my card and package from Jayeanne today. Wow, what a nice surprise!

I received a Halloween card that says Trick or Treat, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Pumpkin, a Calender Planner for 2015-2016, some seeds (Lavender, Clary Sage, and Catchfly) and some Creamy Pumpkin Hand Sanitizer. Never saw the scented kind before and with all the illnesses getting passed around this is great - I can carry it in my purse. (Jayenne has written the items in a list so they spell NICE.)

Thanks so much, Jayeanne!

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jeanne, very NICE package from Jayeanne. And you received it quickly too.

Promise, that is so kind of you to remember Erica's birthday which is, I believe, October 17. Erica, how young are you going to be?

GAME 3
    "COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS NICE"

The day of football is not over yet. LOTS of points have been scored today. I will post the winner late tonight/ Sunday morning.
    So happy, my Notre Dame Fighting Irish beat North Carolina 50-43! Yes...IRISH!

Happy Evening!

Annie

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Wow, that is so nice of you Promise to remember Erica's BD. I guess I missed that! Nice package Erica.
    Jeanne, that is a nice package also and so quick! You ladies are on the ball as to being nice!
    Have a great Sunday!

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

I had to get Erica's card out early because my kids have this thing called Fall Break? lol They will be here all week and I am praying to God that it won't rain and I can drag them around and wear them out before they have the chance to wear me out!

Maybe I can put them to work in the gardens. Muahahahaha! Mean ole Momma.

Hope y'all are having a nice weekend!

• smitties
    9 years ago

Shirley, good to hear from you. Glad you are doing well and have fun with your cousin.

Some of you may know our youngest daughter is getting married next year. She has tried on dresses at David's Bridal and we have been through 3 "favorites". We decided to go to a small bridal shop near where she now lives since they are going out of sale. She found THE DRESS and we both love it. It's a 1300 dollar designer dress and we got it for 500. It's so lovely, Since I absolutely hate Davids bridal this was my hope that she would find something. I am so glad I convinced her to wait to buy.

I will be working on my swap tomorrow. I have a 5k in the morning and it is going to be chilly. I get to these things and always ask myself why do I do it? LOL

Margo

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Annie -- A few years ago I decided that I had reached my max age and was going to start counting backwards, so I think I'm about 32 now.

Promise -- Tell your kids that anyone who is around the house for Fall break will have to help with yard work. That should motivate them to find things to do with their friends, away from the house.

Margo -- Good luck with your run tomorrow.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Oh, yes, good luck! Tomorrow is the Chicago Marathon, my sister and I volunteered for several years at mile 21. We loved not running. We would still do it if the forecast was hot. We also love not getting up early for it and seeing the whole thing on TV.

Mary E.