Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angel14437

UPDATE: Fall Harvest Fresh Seed Swap

angel14437
16 years ago

Hi Everyone! I will post here when I receive your seeds. There are 44 of us in the swap! Everyone should have received an e-mail from me. If you didn't, e-mail me at fallseedswap07@yahoo.com and I will reply. You can still join if you can get your fresh seeds in by September 30th.

I have received seeds so far from:

fcoffill

jackier123

Charl-Ann

Happy Harvesting!

Chris

Comments (150)

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I received my seeds today.Thank You Chris for the great selection and for being such a great host.We will all have some great new plants,thanks to you.
    moonphase

• jas_il
    16 years ago

Today my seeds arrived. Good slection.

Thanks
    Jasmine

• threeshyacres
    16 years ago

Hello,

I received my seeds yesterday! I think you did a great job of working with my list to match the seeds to my wants. There were many nice hollyhocks and zinnias in my packet that I am itching to try this spring. Thanks so much!

Happy Fall,
    Jodi B.
    : )

• shadyside
    16 years ago

None for me yet...am I the last one? :(

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

me either shady...I think there are 9 of us left, unless people haven't posted that they have received.

Meredith

• lisa831
    16 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday,thanks lisa

• candycow
    16 years ago

hope i recieve mine i sent 370 packs

• taterbug
    16 years ago

I am eagerly waiting for my package of seeds. taterbug

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

any news, kids?

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Not for me.

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Me, either.

Lime

• shimla
    16 years ago

nope

• roflol
    16 years ago

Waited for today's mail to post; only credit card solicitations. ;-) No phone call that I'm aware of. I know there's an explanation, just sort of wish I knew what it was (can you tell I don't read mystery books? lol). Ah well, maybe in the next wave. :-)

• shadyside
    16 years ago

None for me either--now it'll be Tuesday as the next chance since no mail delivery on Monday.

• shimla
    16 years ago

Did you all send big packages? I wonder if ours are taking longer because they were so big. I see a few of you sent in a lot to swap. I got carried away packaging and ended up with over 300 packets. I have to assume everything is okay with her since more packages started going out. That's a relief! I'm just going to keep checking that mailbox each day lol until they arrive. I'd rather wait than have to be the person to sort them! It's not a task I would sign up for, that's for sure. I'm sure when she is able, she'll be in to let us know what happened to her.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. I sent over 200 packs. Maybe she saved the bigger ones for last.

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    16 years ago

I only sent in 30 packs of seeds, but I bet she has her hands full right now with selecting just the right seeds for everyone. I suspect she is working just as diligently as she can with getting these packs sorted/mailed out and from what I have read here, this will definitely be worth the wait!!

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

I was in the 30-40 range too. I really don't have any prob waiting since I'm going to winter sow most of mine, and in NC, that means after the freak warm up in January! What bums me out is the running to the mailbox everyday since Oct. 20th only to find a million Land's End catalogs and no bubble envie! ***repeating mantra about good things coming to those who wait!*** IT is kind of silly, but if the date for the seeds getting back to us had been set as December 15th, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. It is just the thought that they could have already come that makes the waiting so hard!

Meredith
    "the queen of impatience"

• shadyside
    16 years ago

Meredith--it sounds like we have the same mail deliverer cause I'm getting those same catalogs!! But no seeds for me today either...:(

• taterbug
    16 years ago

Hmm, still no seeds. I could sure use the pick me up of a package. taterbug

• limequilla
    16 years ago

No envie here, either, and I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for us not hearing from her in a month. Even if her computer is still broken, and even if the old one she cobbled together isn't working, and even if she hadn't been able to get to the library, she still could have called Terri to pass aong a message as to why it is taking so darn long had she so chosen.

I am very disappointed in this swap.

Lime

• roflol
    16 years ago

Wellll, since I may not be getting seeds (I requested no seeds or postage back if none of my wants was available) there's the possibility she may not want to call me, or there's the chance she is having phone issues as well, or perhaps she's confident she will finish up but life keeps getting in the way, so there still could be a reason for what's happening. Still, the situation is frustrating I know, and I truly feel for you who gave so many seeds and are waiting on this for other swaps, etc.

If nothing more happens by month's end, perhaps we should try another note with a self-addressed stamped post card she could pop in the mail to let us know when she thinks she'll get back to this/be finished? Could include a list of who is still waiting, in case she needs that info. Just a thought.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I agree: the lack of communication is the sticking point. I don't think a note to anyone in the swap who could post a message for all is too much to ask.
    At this point I would be happy to get the seeds I sent in back and chalk the wasted postage both ways up to experience. That should be easy enough to drop in the mail.

• shimla
    16 years ago

I gave up! The only other swaps I'm involved in right now are due by the end of the month. The wish list swap has a boatload of newbies in it. I just sucked it up and packed up about 150 new packets for them. I hadn't anticipated needing to spend time doing that, but what are you going to do? The extras from these general swaps end up making great gifts for the newbies and you can get your seed box emptied out for the year.

roflol - you hard to pick for, girl! I could only find eldeweiss from your wishes in the other swap. I know you'll get some nice things coming your way from that exchange, though. Thanks for sending out a card to Angel for us and making the attempt to try to find out what happened. It was a good idea.

Is everyone else waiting on this swap all set on seeds? I have a lot of common stuff but would be more than happy to make a care package if someone feels they are going to be short because of all of this. Just zip me off an email so we can exchange info.

• shadyside
    16 years ago

Just thought I'd bump this up...for all the good it will do...still no seeds for me. I'm disappointed, irritated, wish I still had Chris' address to vent at the source...

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Yes, I am going to break down and send her a postcard tomorrow.

Lime

P.S. If anybody wants her address, email me. I still have it.

• shimla
    16 years ago

I really, really think there is something wrong. I've been stiffed before (had an entire robin box go missing once!) but I don't think this is the case at all nor do I think she's intentionally not communicating with us. She's hosted this swap before and everyone was delighted with their packages. She knew the work that was involved with doing a swap when she decided to host again so that shouldn't be an issue. She was posting to us right along. What if she's in the hospital or something bad like that? A second mailing went out where people received packages around the 5th of November. It could be that she had them ready to go (she did say on 10/18 that she had gotten behind and was packing more) and someone in the house put them in the mail for her. Someone must have to be there to take care of her daughter, right? Our card with Terri's phone number didn't reach her house before those packages went out, either. Even if she can't get to a computer and can't dial long distance, don't you think she would have mailed a note after getting a card of concern for her? I just can't believe that she just dropped the swap for no reason; she was enjoying doing it and it sure sounds like she put her heart into the packages that were received. I just gave up on it and moved along with my other swaps until we really get an answer from her what the heck happened.

• roflol
    16 years ago

I agree with shimla, this doesn't feel like being dumped; I really think when she is able she will finish this. I'm sending another note as well; I'd call but cold-calling is not in my blood (which means since I don't know what's going on, I don't want to make any bad situation worse with my lack of grace under pressure).

taterbug, you're the only one I know of at this point (using search) that isn't in any of the other big swaps right now - how are you doing for seeds? Anybody else?

Terri
    :-)

• taterbug
    16 years ago

We just moved. I left my beautiful garden. Those were almost all of my seeds. I figured with moving I would not have time to do any other trades. Oh well, in the big scheme they are just seeds for me. My heath nut, exercise freak, father is eaten up with cancer and is very ill from chemo. For me, without a house anyway, I must remind myself they are just seeds. taterbug

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

Roll Call...who is still waiting? At least we can have the list ready if Chris hops back on here(though I am starting to think something bad may have happened) or maybe we can do a Fall Harvest Orphans Swap. ;-)

Meredith

• shadyside
    16 years ago

Still waiting...I just can't believe this...

• etravia
    16 years ago

Everyone, I received my seeds from this trade on October 17th. I agree that something must have happened to Chris. I feel bad that I received mine & people are still waiting. I will share any of my seeds with anyone that has not received theirs. Just let me know & I will send a care package!
    Taterbug, I hope & pray your father gets better.
    Maggie/Etravia

• dawiff
    16 years ago

I'm with Maggie/Etravia, I feel bad that some are still waiting, and I'm worried that something bad happened to Chris. I was one of the first to receive a nice fat package, and I got a big fat package recently from another trade I'm in. I have two more coming as well. I have and will have loads of seeds to share.

I like the idea of an Orphan's Swap. I know many of those who have received nothing have already posted, but maybe if you post again with some ideas about what seeds or what kinds of seeds you want, those of us with plenty can help you out.

Alison

• moonberry
    16 years ago

Count me in...I can send extra seeds. A list would be great. My seeds are probably pretty basic, but I'm happy to help out in any way I can.

Mary

• ramazz
    16 years ago

I received my seeds from this swap in October, and I am in 3 more swaps, so I expect lots more seeds in December. I can either "adopt" an orphan or help organize distribution. I know I sent similar "wish lists" to several swaps, so I will probably have duplicates. But I won't have them until mid-December.

Okay, orphans, let the rest of us know if you want to be adopted!!

Becky
    ramazz

• irislover_nc
    16 years ago

Hi all! You know, when I really sit down and think about it, I don't have tons more room for plants. It just grows boring to propagate and plant my same old stuff over and over. So what I am really bummed out about is missing the excitement of looking through what was sent back. I'm not really that in need. I got some Chinese forget-me-nots in a trade last year and it was so fun to experience them for the first time...and some Rudbeckia 'Goldilocks' that were like a dream, they were so lovely.

So I guess what I am saying as far as seed needs and being adopted is

what do I need...absolutely nothing
    what do I want...anything new to my pad

It is just so fun to see those little fluffs or tiny specks of seed turn into something so outrageously huge and wonderful!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

Meredith

• moonphase
    16 years ago

After sending in october,she sent more out a few weeks later.I got mine Nov.6th.after I had given up hope.Maybe she got over whelmed..and is having to do a few ever 2-3 weeks..but I just don't feel hopeful about it..I wish she would write and let us know.I lost my husband Sept.25th and for the first few weeks I was in like a fog.I am still finding some wierd things I moved around in the house at that time..lol.I hope she is not experienceing anything like that.Did anyone send her mail?
    I have gotten back 2 big envies so far of swaps and just mailed out 3 more yesterday.I am in one more big one so that will be 6 big envies of seed.I already had almost everyone I got back from the last swap..lol.I can donate a whole lot of seed to the ophrans if they want to be adopted.How many did not get seed?I feel bad and just wish she would respond.I kept emailing her,maybe that is why she sent my seed,,lol to shut me up..any way,let me know.
    moonphase

• roflol
    16 years ago

I'm good. I am involved in two (maybe three, I've forgotten, lol) other swaps and didn't ask for much, didn't need much other than to make more room in the ol' seed box anyway.
    Terri/rofLoL

• limequilla
    16 years ago

Naw, I don't need to be adopted, but what a nice thought!

I am in the same boat as irislover_nc, and feel the same way -- I just want to see what's in my envie and think about what they are, what they would become, and where they'd go.

Lime

• shimla
    16 years ago

Ah, you guys are so kind! I can't claim orphan status but thank you very much for the kind offers.

I participate in the general seed swaps for the fun of joining and getting back the wacky packages. I love the stuff that people send out in these! I have quite a mystery garden going at times :) I'm signed up for suzydaze's swap and the wish list swap so I should be all set on goodies.

We are fortunate for all of the packages that were sent out and received. Think of how disappointed everyone would be if that hadn't been the case.

I was thinking of mailing a postcard to her house with my phone number on it. This way, if someone was picking up her mail for her, they would be able to read it. If she's not there and someone is gathering her mail, they might not be opening the private things. Did anyone do a postcard yet? Anyone up on Miss Manners, would it be impolite to call to find out how she is? It might make her feel good to know we are all thinking of her.

I'm sorry about your husband, moonphase and your dad, taterbug. It's not easy going through these things, not at all.

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    16 years ago

I really hope she is OK - I have a feeling that something is terribly wrong. I hope we hear from her again - at least just to let us know she's OK.

I can't claim orphan status either, but I would be glad to share - I have lots of extras. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Chris. - Lisa

• roflol
    16 years ago

None of you whose packages came should be feeling bad/sad; so please don't. :-) We're picking up the pieces and taking care of the ones who need it, and that's what community is all about, so feel good about being part of this group and spread the planty love when ya got it! :-D

I had not even thought about my card not being opened - DOH! Lime and Shimla, great point about postcards... hard to resist reading those when they go by, maybe it will prompt some word, and hopefully it's *hopeful* word.

Terri

• shadyside
    16 years ago

I'm like some of the rest who haven't received seeds yet...not the end of the world for me seed-wise--just very disappointed. I think a postcard is a great idea...

• taterbug
    16 years ago

Well, I will let someone adopt me. As I said before they are only seeds, but since you are giving this sweet offer I will accept. Since I was moving this swap was going to be my only large trade this year. We still don't have a new house, so I don't know if I will need shade or all sun. Thanks again, taterbug

• etravia
    16 years ago

Oh yea! Somebody to send seeds too! Taterbug, E-mail me your address so I can send a care package to you! (and anyone else! I'm overflowing with seeds)!
    etravia@gmail.com
    Maggie

• roflol
    16 years ago

Heya, taterbug! :-) I know a couple of us are sending you some seedy stuff ;-) ... Let us know what you get from wintersown too, okay? Here's hoping you'll be stocked back up soon. :-)

• shimla
    16 years ago

I'll get out a postcard with my phone number and email address and see what happens with that.

taterbug, feel free to email me for a care package!

It's almost time for a new thread.

• ramazz
    16 years ago

Taterbug:

I got your new address from Roflol and will be mailing a package today!

Becky
    ramazz

• moonberry
    16 years ago

Hi Taterbug, I can also send seeds...just need your address.

Mary
    mwkdreamer@aol.com

• roflol
    16 years ago

Time to fill this up and start a new one.... just because I'm in that kind of mood today. :-) Let's start fresh and get this taken care of soon.