Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

NEW: Blooming Friends-October Swap-Bulbs!

remy_gw
17 years ago

Hi all,

Sorry the message is so late! I had to stay at work longer than expected.

Anyway, it is time to sign up for the Bulbs Swap!(This swap is for members of the Blooming Friends monthly swap group. If you are interested in joining just let us know.)

The box can include anything bulbous. Tubers, corms, rhizomes, etc. Cheating is allowed, Daylily roots look bulbous right?! And since we are going into October, Halloween pumpkins are bulbous. Halloween candy definitely makes me bulbous! So if you don't think you have enough bulbous material, that's fine, be creative and join up anyway!

Being that some bulbs are hardy and some are not, I'm going have people send by zone. So you will send to someone in a comparable climate.

Sign up by Sept. 30th. If everyone decides to join or not before then, we'll figure out who is sending to who earlier.

Being that the weather turns cold fast up north, please be prompt with you box mailing for this exchange!

Ok, I think/hope that is all. If I forgot anything, please let me know: )

Remy

Comments (136)

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Jeanette ~ Tonight is the first I have heard from you. Goofy e-mails!

Anyway, I tried to repsond, and this is what I got back:

(expanded from ): host
    storefull-3258.bay.webtv.net[209.240.207.178] said: 554-The incoming
    mailbox for user number_1_angel is full. 554 This person is not able to
    receive more mail at the present time. (in reply to end of DATA command)

Would you happen to have a different e-mail addy besides the webtv one?

Thanks, Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I have a question. The bulbs that I gathered today, I have tagged and put each in their own paper bag. Can they stay stored this way until it is time to send? I have put them all in a priority box and put it in a cool place.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks ladies!
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Jeanette - I just now seen that you posted a DIFFERENT e-mail address in the e-mail you sent. I just hit reply, not paying attention to what e-mail I was actually sending back to. DUH!
    Hopefully you get this one :-)
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks so much,
    Tina

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I want my name!!! Shirley how ya doin gettin bubba jeff in a box for earthly. a lt blue jag would be nice, I gotta work/ I thought I could just sit around and be cute. Boy I sure have a lot of cleaning to do if we decide to sell our house. I am digging and dividing all my plants, so I can take half of them with me. digging bulbs some of them are huge. can't wait to share. I also got some extra gummy rats. I really need everyone with a hat to post their picture. I also need someone who don't have their hat yet in this swap, although they quit selling them at the craft store so I may not be able to make ones for the newbies till next summer. hugs to all carol

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

maryanne- I found SAFFRON here at 2 local walmarts. in the spice section by McCormick's....a little over $13 a bottle

~Kimberly

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

hummingbirddaisy I have tried emailing you but have not gotten a response. Since I saw you posting here I thought I would just let you know in case your emails have not been getting to you.
    Jen

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Maureen,
    That is beautiful, I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!Amy

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi ladies :)))
    Gee our sign up date closing is about here 3 more days
    I think it is .
    so Would like to add that if there is someone in the group that have No bulbs to share but like to play
    I will do a trade with you :)))
    I trully do not need any more plants or bulbs right now
    but I have many to share .

so if you would like to send me a nice trick-or- treat
    box with a few home made cookies & goodies that would please the taste buds of a 93 yr old daddy :)) who loves treats I would love to share my bulbs with you.
    just sign up here as long as you are a member of
    our bloomin friends group
    & then let remy know .

have a great day my friends
    susie

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Maryanne and Kimberly re: saffron, o.k. called the husband on the road (him not me he is in Indiana this week and the hotel has plasma t.v.'s in the bedroom and bathroom, hope he doesnt get fired for missing work!!!) he says 'oh no I didnt get it at Wal Mart I got it at Albertson's. The brand is called "Badia" it is in a square plastic case on a cardboard pkg, and he remembers he paid less than $3.00 for .4g. Then he was nervous and wanted to know if I was going to use it. I assured him NO! lol. sorry about the store mix-up.

Hey Miss Carol where are you moving? Are you downsizing? Nosy minds want to know. ;P .......since you are a bulb lady can you please answer Tina's question about bulb storage cause I am in the same dilemma. Thank you.
    Susan/giverny

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Good afternoon ladies!
    It is windy and chilly here today :-(
    Forecast said a couple of 70 degree days next week tho'!
    yea!!!!!

Yes Miss Carol! ;-) Please help with the bulb situation. I checked them this morning, and they look the same, but I don't know how they will fair for another week????

Jen! I just sent an e-mail thru GW. I do hope you get it!
    I'm thinking that I am going to have to go and sign up a yahoo addy or something. What a P.I.T.A. argh.....

So, how many of us has a house that now looks like a jungle from having to bring in all the houseplants/tropicals?
    Between that and seeds, I look like a GREENhouse :-)

Counting down the days until we get our partners!
    Tina

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Susie--I would happily trade some 'goodies' for bulbs because I have none (bulbs) to trade--I have been baking sugar cookies-snickerdoodles-soft pumpkin cookies and pumpkin and zookiny (As my Jayme used to spell it) bread. If this is okay with our 'Hostess" then I'm in--Let me know and put in your order if you have a favorite Susie!! I'll check back later!
    Jeanette

• skohler
    17 years ago

well ladies I have red ,white,peach, & coral I think
    it is xmas cactus .
    4 cactus
    1 medium size arrow plant
    1 3ft high 1-2ft around mother-in-tongue
    1 other climbing plant don't know the name of

Need to find some one to take all so I can ship in one box once i know what state they will be going to I can
    tell you the cost .
    they will not fit in flat rate box .
    & I need to move them soon :))

postage only
    offer open to anyone in our group gets first dibs.

can hardly wait for the bulb swap :))

Susan & tina as for saving the bulbs I dug up the
    bulbs washed them clean tagged & placed them in a
    newspaper with air holes stapled the edges so the bulbs
    cannot fall out
    & I have them stored out on my back porch . it cool
    but still no frost I went to check on them & they look
    like I just took them out of the ground minus the
    dirt :)) So I think they will be fine .

well I have to go to work for a couple hrs & will check back in when I get home :))

susie

to be fair if there are more then 2 of you who would like the plants I will do the fair thing & let daddy draw a name from the hat that carol sent me :)) ok

• galium
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I'd like to sign up too.

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Hi everyone, thank you for the welcome.
    This looks like such an entrtaining group of friends!

I'd love to be in on this bulb swap - and I just got a bunch of new & fantastic lovelies in too! ;p Some I have to share right now are callas, dahlias, tulips, snowdrops and of course-- DAFFODILS! If you need my address again, just drop a line. ;)
    Poor DH just groans when the mailperson pulls up! LOL! He promised to help dig. That was before he found out how many flower beds I actually wanted.

If your bubblicious Bubbas have no teeth, does that make them "gummies"? LOL!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh Susie....Me Me Pick Me!! I would love to have your plants! It just so happens I don't have any of the ones you want to part with yet. I adore houseplants!I can never have enough of them! Don't tell DH I just said that! LOL Just let me know what shipping will be.Of course if anyone who has been a member longer than me really wants them badly.I will gladly step aside and let one of my other bloomin friends have them. : ) Nancy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

A Big welcome to Diane and Julie! You will find there is never a dull moment with this group.You never know what you are gonna hear.Anything from Swapping Bubbas to a Husband sleeping with a worm named Rex.LOL Gotta "LOVE" you gals! : )
    Maureen,I made some Elderberry Jam this year.You are welcome to a jar if you like.I will forwarn you.It is jam and not jelly so when you are eating it all the little seeds make it seem like you are eating a bowl of Rice Krispies :O Its really yummy tho! Let me know : )
    Oh I am so excited for this swap to begin! : ) Nancy

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Oh my am I behind --

Shirley, thanks for the birthday info. Dec 24, what a great day to be born:-) I'll make sure I get a special sig just for you.

Welcome Dizzydaffodil - glad to have you join our group. Nice to have another bloomin' friend. Welcome aboard.

Sassyd- hi, don't think we've met. I joined a few months ago. Nice to see you and love the cat sig:-) Good luck with your new home.

Tina - hi. how are you doing? I've ordered so many bulbs I'm going to go crazy planting them....but will love every minute of it!! Thank the Lord I wasn't aware of the co-ops over at Dave's or I would have been having bulbs in the 4 digit range :-) I love sandwich night for dinner. The other night I bought a huge loaf of challah bread and make french toast for dinner. It was so delicious! Beats cooking a big meal.

Carol - when are you planning to move, and to where? I couldn't imagine leaving my garden behind, unless I did what you are doing, taking 1/2 of your plants.

Susie, you are such a gem. Isn't she the best ladies?? Susie, you are such a generous sweet loveable lady!

Cedarnest, I've never had Elderberry jam. I would love to try some. Maybe we can trade, I could send you some plants for your jam? let me know. Thanks for offering.

Amy -- so glad you like the pic of the butterfly and butterfly bush. Please tell me when the box arrives. I was hoping you would get it today but I guess it's too soon.

Have a good night everyone.
    Maureen

• skohler
    17 years ago

cedarnest the plants are yours :)) will email you
    to let you know the cost will wait til monday to mail out not to take a chance of setting in post office on a weekend :)
    maybe can mail out on saturday u will have them on monday .

welcome Dizzy :)) & all the players here have your info sheet . I will try to get all the players info sheets
    out to you problem tomorrow .
    remy is our Hostess for this swap & she will post on the 1st of Oct who you will be sending to . & when the deadline for mailing them out .

galium : you need to email me for the infomation .
    we have 24 player to date & we are going to stop at 30
    players .

one more thing I would like to ask of all of you
    when emailing me can you please be sure to sign your name & or gw name so I can be sure to no who you are:)) ??

Same here when you post please sign your name & or gw name so we no who to respond to :))
    thank you all .

susie/skohler

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Everyone has reponded except Patty. I haven't seen a post from her in awhile though. Is she away or something? Maybe I'll send an e-mail. I know everyone is getting antsy to find out who their sending to. Though my bulbs haven't come yet : (

Welcome to the group Dizzy/Susann!
    Susan,
    Lol! A Jack-o-lantern!
    Tina,
    Keep them in a dark cool place, not in plastic, and they will be fine: )
    Nancy,
    Elderberry Jam is quite the different jam to make. It sounds good.
    Jeanette and Susie,
    That's fine with me. If you're happy without bulbs Susie, then Jeanette can be your sender: )
    Remy

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Boo hoo. I ordered bulbs a week ago and requested they be shipped ASAP, but nothing yet. :( This is too stressful!

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

I'm afraid my bulbs won't be here until mid-October. That's what they told me when I ordered but it's cold enough now!

• mellen
    17 years ago

A big, friendly welcome to Julie, Diane, and Susann. I think that you will find us to be a pretty open, friendly, fun-loving group. If not, Carol/Veeja will sic Spike, her dog, on them. That has yet to happen, but she has threatened a couple of times. lol I know that the three of you will be great additions to our group. Happy to have you here!!! Mary Ellen/Mellen

• skohler
    17 years ago

jeanette Forgive for not responding to your post
    last evening was called away from the computor & when I came back to close down I forgot to say YES YES YES :))

My Father is 93-94 in january & he just loves baked goodies & well with being in & out of the hospital 5 times this year :(( & trying to keep up with gw & my gardens ,
    ect ect ect this will be a great treat for him :))

also I recieved a email from patty & she is quit busy at this time & says she will try to get into the Nov swap
    when things slow down for her . also I would like to know
    that everyone is recieving my emails or not .

so far I have sent out the following did you recieve?
    If not please contact me ok .

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES
    Susie

Info On
    our bloomin friends New swaps for 2007
    new guide lines for our group
    INFO SHEETS ON NEW MEMBERS
    SASSYD
    TASTEFULLYJULIE
    DIZZYDAFFODIL

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

BBBBBUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, it's getting colder here now, sure hope the snow holds off till the bulb swap is over and I get them into the ground. Won't be long though I think and we'll be chasing snow flakes up here in Minnesota.
    A big fuzzy wuzzy welcome to Diane and Julie. I look forward to getting to know both of you and trading in the very near future. I know you will enjoy the Bloomin friends group of gals, we're just loads of fun waitin to happen.

Peace in playin with nature,
    Char

• klickitat
    17 years ago

WELCOME, DIANE AND JULIE!

{{gwi:1301757}}

• klickitat
    17 years ago

CEDARNEST!!! Any chance of bribing you with something for a jar of your elderberry jam? I would love to have a jar of it!

Can't wait to see who my trade partner is this month! I hope the bulbs I ordered show up sometime before the end of October. LOL

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

server at my cable company has been down since yesterday afternoon so i missed susies plants and tried to read over the posts to catch up and am lost.
    I will be waiting on a bulb order to come in also.....looks like it may be the middle of Oct.

what is elderberry jam?

~Kimberly

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Woohoo! My bulbs are OUT FOR DELIVERY!!! This is my first time ordering from White Flower Farm. Has anyone else used them? What did you think of their products? I can't wait to get my bulbs!

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Jules-I sent you an e-mail about the cannas for postage. Let me know if you don't get it. I cannot receive e-mails through gw so may cannot send them either. I hope to dig cannas this week-end.

Tina-My house is getting crowded from bringing plants in also. Don't want to wait until the last minute so I've been taking them in a few at a time.

Kim-I printed off the directions to the lily patch so I will have it next year. I will visit there when their daylilies are blooming next year. I have so many myself I don't know where I will plant them. I guess it's time for DH to Dig up more grass.

WELCOME DIANE-JULIE-SUSAN (You will have so much fun with this group) Do you girls have any bubbas in your hometown?

Carol-Bubba Jeff keeps getting out of his box. I think I will drive him to the post office and take the box with me and have the postal workers help me get him in there. LOL

Maureen-I have never liked my Birthday of Dec. 24th. Wish my Birthday was in May or June. Way too close to Christmas, you get one gift and they tell you 'Now this is your Christmas present and your Birthday present.' I should tell them that when I give them their Birthday presents.

Shirley

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Actually I'm still a bit confused about the bubbas???

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

me too, he's not here yet! lolololololol

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

2 more days 'til we find out who our pal is!!!!!

Well, I cheated with dinner again tonight. I made "finger food" LoL. Chicken strips, fish sticks, and tatertots.
    We ran all day long today, then worked Caleb's (our daughter) Volleyball game tonight. When we got home, we were hungryyyyyyyyyy. Not the healthiest thing in the world, but it was filling :-)
    We had fun at the game. You know how some people "move" along with a video game whe they're playing? Leaning this way, bending that way.... apparently, I do that with volleyball as well. The girls had a good giggle watching me LoL. A few times, I almost jumped in and hit that ball myself, Ha!

This weekend is suppose to be pretty nice. A bit chilly today, but no wind. That was nice.
    We didn't get the rain we was foracasted for. Don't really NEED it I suppose. So, thats alright too.

I have all this energy, but yet I am sooooooo tired. Maybe I'll crochet a bit tonight.

Have any of you gotten the fall seed and bulb catalogs yet?
    I haven't received any :-(
    Even if I don't order from them, it's nice to dream.

Well, I am feeling in a "novel" mood, LoL, so I better scoot, or I'll have a post a mile long.
    You all have a wonderful night!
    Hugs, Tina

Oh, Shirley ~
    I am interested in your cannas as well. Could you e-mail me with details, and maybe the varieties if you happen to know?
    Thanks so very much!

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Shirley use duct tape on the box it should keep him in. welcome to the new girls, I just got a box from Sassy in another swap, boy does she ever send a nice box, anyone would be lucky if she got their name. We may stay in our house, we went to look at one today that seemed like a good deal, as we went up the front steps we saw a bannana slug half the size of my foot, my daylilies would be gonners, then we noticed no roof, blue tarp, front porch my foot almost went thru rotted wood, notices on both doors that the house was condemed by the health dept, dead rats in side yard, needless to say we won't be buying that house, it made us decide maybe our house can't be beat, especially when the condemened house was 150,000. I just need to convince my dh to give me more lawn area for flowers, I would like sweets in my bulb box also. I have 33 sweet teeth.hugs to all carol

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Haven't met a Bubba FROM here, but we have plently of Cowboys! Lord help us! LOL!
    With all the gold mines here, we get transplants from all over the country, so I'm sure there's a few Bubba's hanging around - at least till snow flies. We call that white stuff "trampin dust" around here. Then the great migration starts to warmer climates for anyone with thin blood!
    I'll be sure & keep a watch out for you gals - might be a Bubba or two that'd like to get in out of the cold...
    LOL!

• mellen
    17 years ago

Hello ladies, When Tina says she "worked" at her daughter's volleyball game, she means she was one of the out-of-bounds judges. So to watch her sometimes swaying or running to get the ball before she motioned if it was in or out was worth a giggle or two. But she did a good job as did her daughter, Caleb.

Am looking forward to finding out who my swap person will be. I have bulbs ordered but no idea when they will get here. Last week-end I planted some bulbs that were a year old. The papery outside came off of them, but they were still rather firm otherwise. Anybody know if I will have any luck with growth? I knew that not planting would be 0% luck.

Am glad it is Friday and end of the school week. This is Homecoming week at school so each day has been a special dress up day. It is a lot of fun, but it does make for challenging teaching times. Monday was Circus Day. Actually, in middle school EVERY day is circus day now that I think about it. :)

Julie, for months now some of us have been looking for a "bubba" (male species) for Maryanne. She is not being real picky at this point. He doesn't even need to have teeth. As long as he walks upright, she might be interested. Now do you know any bubbas for her? There are probably some around here and at this point they may still have their teeth. The only problem is IN their teeth would be little flakes of "chew." You can tell a bubba here by the round circle in their back pocket even when there is nothing in their back pocket.

I think I need to get some sleep. Night, friends. Mary Ellen/Mellen

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Carol- Banana slugs scare me more than garden snakes...those are the only ugly things in western WA I think.

Tastefully - NEWBIE TEST! a Bubba is: #1. A kangaroo baby. #2. The youngest brother in a Southern family. #3. A single guy (maybe southern, generally country type) missing most of his teeth. Thats why all the "gums" references....
    ANSWER: All of the above!!!(no really, a kangaroo baby is really called a bubba)
    All the married ladies can't stand to see the (happy) single ladies suffering so we are trying to send them nice loyal, toothless men. Who can lift enormous sacks of potting soil and come with their own tools. And possibly a large Pick-em-up truck for totin' stuff. A DREAM MAN!!So if y'all see any Yankee bubbas up there, keep Ms. Maryanne (anyone else?) in mind. Now I'm getting out of here before Maryanne comes after me. :0
    Susan/giverny

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hmmm, i changed my mind. i don't want the bubba anymore, i'll take the cowboy! oh, and he must NOT SMOKE.

• klickitat
    17 years ago

oooohhhh the excitement! Who will be my next swap partner???

My TRADE PAGE has been UPDATED if anyone wants to have a look!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Kimberly,Elderberry is a fruit that tastes like a cross between a mulberry and blueberry.Thats what I think they taste like anyway : )They are wonderful tasting but they have tons of hard crunchy little seeds that deal my teeth a fit.Wish I would have strained and made jelly instead.

Maureen and Jules,I will see what I have left in my stash.DH puts it on his Ice Cream so he may have my stock pretty depleted. :( My Dad always made Elderberry wine in his younger years.I might have to try that next year. Hiccup...Thats if I can beat the birds to the berries.They like them too.

Susie,Thanks for the plants.You are a sweetie : )

We don't have too many toothless Bubbas up my way but we have quite a few Yummy Cowboys YeeHaw!!! I better settle down.I am a married woman!!I will keep my eye open for you gals in need.LOL
    Have a Great Weekend All. Nancy

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

Hello to all my Bloomin Friends!!
    Even though i am not in this months swap, i just wanted to stop in to say what a great time you gals seem to be having!! You are all so funny , REX, BUBBA'S and now COWBOYS!!...mmmmm, give me a cowboy any day! Tight jeans, cowboy boots, no shirt! oops!! sorry i got carried away!...Although i would need to check with DH first LOL!!
    Things here have gotten much better after a truly bad summer, I am thankful for all that is good, and things seems to be slowly pointed in the right direction.
    My mom (82 yrs old) lives with us, and has MS, and dementia,wheelchair dependent, and is getting worse to care for, along with trying to work, and keep house (?)...But since we almost lost our house over the summer...Those all seem to be things that are on a smaller scale...My gardens are a mess!! I will have alot of cleaning out to do in the spring :( UGH! Am going to try to get some things done now before it gets too cold. I wish i had some bulbs to plant to bring some freshness into the yard this spring...but i will wait and plant some summer bulbs next year, now that all of our dust has settled! I am thinking of joining in on the December swap...I can start to shop for that one (i belive it is a Christams swap??) As soon as Halloween is over :)
    I really miss everyone here...but i do keep up on whats going on.
    I have some seeds on my trade page, that are all un-opened packets, from Valueseeds.com from 2006. Never got around to planting them this year , so i am offering them up here to your guys first, before the seed exchange forum.
    Anyway, lots of house work today, so need to get going.
    Just wanted to drop by and say Hi!!
    Blue skies and soft winds to all!
    Trish

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Thanks for clearing up the Bubba situation. Actually, I think a baby kangaroo is a Joey, but maybe we could find Maryanne a bubba named Joey.
    I googled bubba to see what it was and it turns out it was common knowledge all along that a bubba is either a southern brother or toothless farmboy. I DO NOT recommend googling, however. Turns out a bubba is more commonly known as something else, involving large prison inmates (eek!)

Anyway, here we have more "metrosexuals" than bubbas. And you don't want one of those. They can't dig or haul stuff or they might get their designer clothes dirty!

• mellen
    17 years ago

Maryanne, our bubba's who fit the dictionary description of the toothless farmboy(me being from Iowa), like to dress like cowboys!!! Tight jeans, boots, uh huh, uh huh. Quite a few around here do the rodeo thang, too. Lots of cowboy hats. But if you're not interested.....

Today is Homecoming Parade day. Kids are pumped. Help!!!

Mary Ellen

• skohler
    17 years ago

Mellen your emails keep returning to me & I can't send up-dates to you.
    can you email when you get free time :))
    plus need your vote :))

thank you
    susie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Mary Ellen-No matter where you live I think the skoal back-pocket is the same. You don't even have to ask if they chew. That back pocket tells all.

Tina-I hope to dig the cannas this week-end. Can send an $8.10 flat rate box full to you. Do you want only named ones?

UMMMMM I might trade in DH for a cowboy. Always wanted to meet a REAL cowboy. Don't blame you Maryanne for changing your mind about Bubba Jeff. Bless his heart he asked me just this week if I had him someone to meet yet. I don't know why but all of a sudden there are all these men who are looking. Are women getting scarce or something?

Trish-Blessings to you for taking care of your Mom. My hat goes off to any caregiver. It is a very difficult and time consuming job. My Mom takes care of my Dad now who is 12 years older than she and some days I find her crying and un-nerved. I feel so sorry for her. Prayers for you and your family.

Shirley

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

CEDARNEST-thanks for letting me know what elderberry is!

CAROL- i think rex has been having a party! had a little rain yesterday evening and i saw some of his friends! he definately did not like the diaper! so i let him make a home in my flower bed. until winter then i told him he must come back inside! i swear i saw tiki torches and heard party music coming from my flower bed!!

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    You know, if I had known earlier about Maryanne and the Bubbas, I would done some matchmaker magic when she was here : )
    I have the list ready to go! As soon as I get the official word on the new member, I'll post it. I drew names out of a bowl today, because I have to work all day tomorrow.
    I've got to go work on a Pistachio cake for the bake sale at work tomorrow. My husband, Gary, already baked an apple pie. He's nuts;he doesn't even work with me, lol. It is to raise money for the United Way, but the best desserts get gift certificates!
    Remy
    Remy

• skohler
    17 years ago

well I just got a message from carol saying that it is
    time to welcome our newest bloomin friend .
    " micke" aka michelle

So now remy you can add michelle to the
    players list :)) for she wants in on the bulb swap.
    WELCOME " MICKE" HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS WILD
    and friendly GROUP .

let the swap begin :)))

Good night gals
    susie

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hellow everyone.

shirley, i guess in certain areas, men are scarce and in other areas,women are. i hear alaska is 10 men for everyone woman....beth, is this right? that yummy cowboy is sounding real good. i love yummy!

trish, it's always nice to hear from you and so glad you stay with us and are considering getting back into a swap. and yes, december is a christmas swap. i will be hosting that one. i give you a lot of credit taking care of your mom. i did my uncle until he passed away in april. life around you sort of goes on hold but i found it to be worth it. i wouldn't have traded my time with him for anything in the world. i'm just now cleaning up my garden(s). speaking of which....

i am SOOOOOO mulched out. my back is broke, but everything looks so clean and nice. i have 7 beds done - cleaned up, weeded, mulched. i even bagged up what needed to be because i can't get close to my compost pile. as a matter of fact, i think the weeds swallowed that. when you go into the yard, that's a whole other story - it's such a mess and my way back is a total disgrace. another month and i should have it done, especially since it gets darker earlier these days. i push every minute of daylight.

my dogs are getting better adapted every day. they sure have come a long way, although i still can't get collars on them, nor can i take them for a walk and i really need to get them to a vet - they need to be fixed. i have a visiting vet coming after the dog man comes - i am not sure if he is a psychologist or behavorialist, but he's supposed to work wonders. gracie is actually claiming my bed as her own, and sometimes she comes upstairs. i think she goes into my room because her sister won't, so she has her own space, at least until i want my room. they will not go out to do their business without the other, even if one doesn't have to go, the other has to keep watch. they are such freaks, but i love them.

tina, i think we all cheat and eat a bit unhealthy at times. one thing i like for dinner on occasion is breakfast. it tastes different when it's for dinner. i'm not big on sandwiches though, it really has to be something spectacular for me to eat a sandwich, well, other than a tomato sandwich when they are fresh from the garden, then i can eat one every day. fresh bread, slab on some mayo, salt and pepper and delishhhhhhhhhh.

mary ellen, a little early for homecoming, isn't it? how is everything going these days? back to "regular"?

skoal...lol when you travel further upstate here, trucks, gun racks, skoal, tooth or two, oooh and those chains that connect to your belt or belt loop and then to a wallet, baseball caps...you get the picture. we don't call them bubba's though, but it's kind of the same.

okay julie, i just had to google...and found the love sponge! LMAO

carol, good decision on not buying that house. stay where you are, add on, paint and tell the old man you want the entire lawn! ...

• micke
    17 years ago

Yes remy, I would love to join the bulb swap.
    thank you guys so very much for letting me join your group.
    I am so excited! Now I will have something to look forward to every month:)
    michelle (micke)

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok I'm back, Cake is in the oven!
    Welcome Micke/Michelle!
    I'm going to start a new thread to post the list. Yeah!
    Remy

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County