Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vic_zn5

new: mnf - ghouls just wanna have fun - 2nd edition

Vic Billings, MT
15 years ago

Hi Gang! I just talked to Pixie and she still can't get on the internet so I'm going to post the October swap for her!

{{gwi:1301773}}

This promises to be a spirited swap! Old ghoulfriends and new ghoulfriends are welcome to sign up. I promise to include lot's of corny Halloween jokes and bad puns, and the group will supply the camaraderie.

Don't be afraid to don your best pointy hat and join in, even if you have never participated in a plant swap before.

I would love to get this one back to basics with plants and a Halloween theme as the centerpiece. Remember that in this group sending plants is supposed to be fun! Send what you like and what you would be happy to receive and don't stress about having the newest and greatest. This is still a good time of year for most of us to plant daylilies and German iris and many perennials, and fall bulbs would be absolutely wonderful to send! If your zone limits the fall bulbs that can be grown in your area, please let me know-I will try to match you with someone who can accommodate you.

The rules:

1. You must be at least 18 to join this swap.

2. You must send at least 4 plants. With bulbs, each variety will be considered 1 plant. For example, if you send 8 tulip bulbs and 5 are Orange Emperor tulips and 3 are Queen of Night tulips, each different variety will counts as 1 plant, so that would be a total of 2 plants for purposes of the swap. Please try to send plants that relate to Halloween in some way. It could be that the name includes a Halloweeny word like witch or moon or magic or midnight; or ones that are a Halloweeny color like orange, black or purple.

3. In addition to the plants, include something scary! That could be a scary Halloween decoration, the horror paperback you just finished reading, a picture of my third grade teacher (she terrified me, and still does decades later) or anything else that conveys the spirit of the season. The trick is not to spend a lot of money on your treat, but express what you love about the season!

4. All boxes should be sent priority with delivery confirmation unless it is all fall bulbs, which will probably be fine going parcel post with delivery confirmation, which adds just 18 cents to parcel post rate.

5. Once you receive your box, please share the contents with the group. We want to share each others fun!

6. Sign ups start now and will close October 4th. We will assign partners on the 5th and we will make October 18 the absolutely last day to send your partner's box. We want to be sure that everyone has time to enjoy their scary Halloween surprise.

7. And most important, lets have FUN!!

Comments (150)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Kim ~ btw that comment on the DC# was in regards to the MNF Flowers, Feathers and FUN swap.. I just got carried away yappin' and put it on here by accident..lol :P

~Wendy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Vic, by all means, post the Zena picture again! I just went looking for it and couldn't find it. Post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it, post it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Pssst, Dan, think PP, K? you'll find it, we have faith in you.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

LOL, Vic, I've plastered each forum I can think of with a wanted for the black mondo :) Hopefully if Melissa' neighbor isnt interested in trading, someone will take pity on me! Either that, or I'll break down and go back to TLC and buy it.

Ohhhhh... partners would be great! My box is all ready to go except for the plants I've ordered, which should be here by Monday, and some specific goodies once I know who my partner is and I can dig through their list and exchange emails!

I'm all excited since this is the first one since May I've been able to join!

Kathy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

ARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*shakin' head....

Kathy ~ I saw the cutest sign today, it said the Witch is 'in or out' you could flip the lil sign. I nearly picked it up for you but I didn't have enough cash on me.. woulda been perfect for the garden if you like the garden junk stuff ! :)

• veeja11
    15 years ago

If anyone has trouble getting their box this month, shave those legs and show a little to the mailman that always gets them to stop at your house. ok Dan you have my permission to marry if youve been on a test drive. bunny no bending over to steal the neighbors grass, can't have my lil neice going to jail. also I would be happy to send to bunny, is there any chance we could see a pic of you and Paula, Dan, go get one taken at walmart, if you take the special only and don't get hooked into buying any of the extra pics they take it is a good price, just scan it and post it for us. come on inquiring minds wanna know. bought myself two zygo cactus today. my boss lets us buy houseplants at whole sale cost, I have no room but a zygo cactus weakness hugs carol

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy, good luck on your hunt! I'm sure someone out there has some!

Dan, pictures??? I have no idea what you're talking about. *looking around inocently*

Here's the list, lmk if I'm forgeting anyone

poisondartfrog/Alana - rec - outdoor plants/bulbs/seeds
    jaleeisa/Kathy - send/rec - plants/bulbs/seeds
    dieg01991/Amy - send - plants/bulbs/seeds rec-house plants/bulbs/seeds (no food items)
    ejmoore510/Joan - rec - any plants/bulbs/seeds
    veeja11/Carol - no house plants
    debbya/Deb
    Nikkineel
    Lindaruzicka - rec - bulbs/seeds
    Dan_the_mailman - send/rec - bulbs/seeds
    Sassybutterfly/Wendy - send/rec - bulbs/seeds?
    hazelnutbunny/Melissa - send/rec - bulbs/seeds

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi, I noticed I don't have any send/rec on the list. I'll send according to the preferences of my partner. I'll happily rec bulbs, seeds, plants or whatever my partner is able to collect. I'm really going a little bulb crazy this year. I enjoyed them so much last year that I can't wait to get more in the ground. Nikki

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Well, there's been an update I'd not mentioned on that wooden crate that my son got me that I'm making a raised lasagna bed out of. We got the burlap in place, dirt, newspaper, kitchen waste and manure put in, so it's settling. After we did that, I saw some really neat foamboard tombstones at Dollar Tree and thought that it would make an excellent graveyard for Halloween. So, they mounded up the dirt around the gravestones, added added some small cement headstones and the 'goyles are overlooking it all kept company by a couple of "freed souls" that are floating above it all. We got some mini skulls, skeletal hands and bones as well as some rats, bats and spiders, which are crawling all over the graveyard. Today Cliff and I bought some black pansies and some orange ones that have streaks of black in them as well as some johnny jump up violas and added those. So, we turned this into a spooky graveyard for Halloween.

I'm thinking for Fall and Thanksgiving I can make it into a pumpkin patch or something with mini gourds, pumpkins, mini corn, etc.

And for Christmas, a Christmas village!

This thing may never get to "just" be a garden!

I also have two flying witches, perched on their brooms attached to some really flimsy small Shepard's hooks that I'd not found any use for until now. Everything was too heavy for them and they bent double. From a third hook is a sign that reads "Spells and potions at the Witches Inn, est. 1792" It's shaped like a witches hat :)

I'm going to try to get a picture of the graveyard this next week to share :)

Then we went bulb shopping and I got several new iris and tulips along with some hyacinth and I found some Glory pea seeds :) I adore fall! I can plan for next year and really have more time to work on my theme gardens! My fairies are getting some penstemon that we got in at the store, a gorgeous deep red with white throats.

What is everyone else doing in their gardens? Hehe, maybe this will distract me from begging for the partner's list!

Kathy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Kat~ I'll waddle out tomorrow & ask the neighbors. They've got some haybales I've been wanting to ask about, also.
    Although...our mower has been broken for so long that our yard needs baled, at this point. Ugh.

My kiddos have been having fun getting the box together. But I always hate the WAITING WAITING WAITINGcolor> part, though. The NOT KNOWING WHO I'M SENDING TOcolor> part. The TRYING TO GET THE BOX JUUUUSSST RIGHT FOR MY PARTNER BUT DON'T KNOW WHO THE HECK MY PARTNER IScolor> part.
    Other than that....I'm having fun. :Ocolor>)
    Waiting patiently.
    Waiting.
    Waiting.
    Waiting.
    And
    Waiting.

Worse than the DMV.

Or Media Mail.

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Hi ya'll. I'm gonna sit this one out. Halloween's never been a favorite holiday of mine. Life's scary enough as it is! But I'm anxious for the rest of them. Does anyone have a list of who's doing what so that I can start preparing for the others?

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Thanks Melissa! I would very much like to have the Black Mondo Grass. I'm sure I have something that they would be interested in having, or can get it quickly :)I need to get in touch with Cliff's godfather and see about buying a couple bales of hay. At work we have them for $5.50/bale! I'm rather sure I can get a bale or two cheaper than that, from his godfather if nowhere else.

Hehe... it IS worse than the DMV! I've got everything ready, plants I've bought will be here no later than Tuesday night, just need to make sure they traveled well and pop them in the box and include some more specific goodies that my partner is looking for.... but that's really difficult if I don't know who it is! :*( hehe

Kat

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Here is the list that we started on the Schedule of Swap Hosts. I will talk to Michele and see if she has a theme picked out for November yet and get back to you all. :o)

November - Michele/Medontdo

December- "Chocolate Swap" Wendy/Sassybutterfly

January - "Waiting for Spring" Linda/Lindaruzicka

February - Diene

March - "March Madness" Vic/vic_zn5

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Okay, I'll be the one. I admit it, I have NO PRIDE!! I'm BEGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please give us our partner's names!!!
    Pretty please, with sugar on top!!!

Joan

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

My graveyard!

{{gwi:1301784}}

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy, that's really cool! I haven't even begun to think about putting up decorations yet! But we are so far away from any other houses (but 1) no one will see them, and I won't have trick or treaters this year : ( I didn't have them at my last house in MI either, I do miss that! I still have to find out where to take Zack for tirck or treat, last year we went to this place in MI Huckleberry railroad/Crossroads village, it was really neat, there was a little train ride through a "haunted" forest (not scarey so the little ones liked it) And then you went trick or treating in the village. It was all historic houses and buildings they moved in to keep them from getting torn down. They went all out for Christmas too. "sigh" *feeling homesick again"

I think Michele was going to do "Naughty November" but she may have changed her mind. hehehe

Ok, so everyone wants partners today???
    Who wants them now and who wants to wait the 2 days???

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

You are truly a CRUEL person to even SUGGEST we wait 2 more days! I'm dying to know NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Want to finish up my shopping, but need to know WHO FOR!!!! :)

Joan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I'd wait until there were snail pics posted all over the place..."G"

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

well, so far it seems we have one for, one against, and 2 snails chatting! LOL

Anyway, on a SERIOUS NOTE!
    Does anyone know how to report a picture to PB? I was searching for "patience" and came across a horribly disturbing photo IMO, and I would like to report it and have it removed. I am looking for a link now and can't find one, but I'm hoping someone can and maybe we can ALL report it.
    I am NOT posting the picture here, I will put a link, but I will also warn you, it is nauseating!

Here is a link that might be useful: this needs to go!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

That was horrible. I could only find an email address for them. (support@photobucket.com) I emailed them and included a link for them to follow to the picture.

T

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I did find an email link, finally! to report abuse, I sent it in with a link also.
    I got a reply very fast:

Dear Vicky \ @ Photobucket Forums,

Thank you for contacting us. The images and/or accounts you reported have
    been submitted to our content moderation department for further review. If
    the content submitted violates our Terms of Use it will be removed as soon as
    possible.

Sincerely,

Your Photobucket Support Team

Didn't mean to put a "damper" on the party, I just thought that was disgusting....

Now, back to the partners!
    Since I haven't heard many "yes" votes to post them, or many snail pics, I will wait a little longer.......hehehe

All I can say is have patience! I do......

LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: report link

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Proudgm, I talked to Michele. She has a theme all picked out for November. Here's her theme:

"Don't be a turkey, send something to make mama perky!!"

1. 4 bulbs- the color of 1orange, 1purple, 1pink, 1her color, yes
    that means you have to look it up!! ***grinn***

1. 2 items like potpouri or candles it has to be smelly good that they like again yes you have
      to look it up!! *** big smile***

3. 1 item to show that you care
    a card, a candle, it can be homemade, or whatever now can you handle this?? **smile

Those are direct quotes from Mama Medontdo/Michele, straight from the horse's mouth. (((grin)))

Vic, I got the same response from pb. I hope they take it off of there. Um, er, so are you saying you like my snails? (giggle)

• medontdo
    15 years ago

so what are ya saying tracy?? hmmm... LOL
    thought i'd drop by and see what's going on here, how life is hangin on the other side!! LOL
    man i do miss the fun!! **smile**
    well straight craziness is more like it!! LOL
    i was going thru stuff, tracy and i found an irish prayer, have you seen them? made me think of ya, LOL i think someone on my moms hubs side of the family is irish, none of us are irish.
    we just found out yersterday that if we found out that if the kids finish school early then they can start their next year right then!! WOOO HOOO so our new goal is to finish this year by dec and start their right grade by jan. i know that we can do it. so that's what we have been working on, and trying to get that dang gh up, but i need to get the cement for the posts. EG (someone from the squarefoot forum)told me about how to do this so it wouldn't blow away!! LOL he's pretty neat. so i will put a sfg in there in the winter and that will be our "test??" that we're gonna do, and hope that it does great!! LOL
    i see some new faces!! hi!! Hugs ~Medo

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Prdgm, I'm sorry, I thought I addressed this earlier, but evidently I blinked and forgot to type it! lol
    I wish you could join for this month! But, I understand, with this group, you might get something very scarey! LOL-j/k!

Thanks Tracy for sending them an email also!

MEDO! About time you stopped in and said HI!! We've been missing you! Good luck with the schooling, I know you can do it.

Vic

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Okay, hopefully THIS will do the trick.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

On my lunch hour, so no time to look for pictures..., but PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE
    can we get our partners? Pretty please?

Kathy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Rofl.. ya'll are nuts!!! I love the froggy w/ the snail 'hat' Melissa :)

I dunno HOW to even post a pic so I'm not even gonna try :P My daughter found a snail shell yesterday and brought it in the house and put it on the table. I walked in awhile later and it was slowly sliming it's way across the table.. UGGHH!!!! lol She didn't realize it was still alive!

Had to take the girl puppy to the vet today, her tummy was all swollen up the size of a baseball under her incision!! But the doc said it was just filled w/ fluid, stuck a big needle in her and sucked some out. lovely huh? :P Said it would go down in a few days. the hardest part is keeping these wild pups CALM as they're not allowed to run or roughhouse until next Tuesday.. woes me!

My middle son is all excited cuz he gets to wear the school mascot uniform tonite at the football game. It's a pirate.. and yes Vic and Tracy.. he gets to wave around a plastic sword!!! :P

Hugs all,
    Wendy

• medontdo
    15 years ago

its so hard to do, with all the awesome emails i get, i say, ok medo, we are gonna send only 1, just one out today!! then i think i find it and send it out, and then what do ya know?? i find another one and have to send it to. LOL here lately i have been getting some really funny ones. but the halarious one was the one about the "when we were kids" OMG i was reading that to the guys/talla and bawling cuz i was laughing so hard at him/her, it was funny!! i think this person was really right though, our kids are just to dang spoiled, i tell tabor that all the time!! when i was a kid we did it all and didn't say "i can't do it" LOL **grinning** we knew the answer was, figure a way, LOL so tabor and i figure a way. LOL you should see my tree/castor bean plant?? {{gwi:1301792}}

i don't remember what the kind it was supposed to be. but it sure does keep growing!! it is totally amazing!! ~Medo

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wendy, I musta missed something.... what happened to the puppy in the first place? I hope she is doing good.
    Your already getting your kids into sword?!? LOL

Medo, that thing is gigantic!! And sooo cool looking! I want one! That's about the size of my only "tree" LOL

And as far as the rest of you go......

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Do you guys really wanna know partners today???

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I don't think they do, Vic, although there were some really cute snails...maybe we should have tea first..maybe a little Bailey's added..."passing around tea cups and ducking"..."G"

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

YES!!!!!! We want partners! PLEASE! font size>color>

Kathy

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

PARTNERS PLEASE...

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

You guys are just too funny. I don't know how you get those graphics in your posts, but I love them! I'm already planning for next month's swap. But since it seems to take so long to get PARTNERS around here I may have a bit of trouble getting what my partner wants! LOL!

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"taking cup from Linda" hold the tea please.
    So Linda, how's it been going? Anything new and interesting happening in your neck of the woods? "taking nice big sip of Baileys and brushing a snail off my arm"

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You just keep your knickers on ya hear!
    If your nice, I'll show ya how I got that pic up there! hehehe

{{gwi:1301796}}

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

*freshening Vic's tea and Bailey's* You just relax, Vic. We'll survive another two days, though I'm sure some of us are wasting away with anticipation and curiosity. Ya know, the ghoul look is really in this year... after pining away for want of partners, we'd all be in seasonally fashion. :P

Kathy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Vic ~ at least I think it was you that asked..lol I took the pups on Tuesday to go get 'fixed'. Rex, the boy, is doing fine (he had it easy!) Laylah, the girl, had all that swelling but she's doin' ok now *whew! I was skeeeered what that vet bill might end up being!

We just got home from the game and it was a blast.. brought back so many memories of when I was in high school.. gosh I'm feelin' old now! lol Zach did GREAT as the mascot, he was doin' all the dances, and break dancing and posing.. it was so fun to watch him get all into it! FINALLY, a great way to release that ADHD energy!! :P

I'm gonna go chill.. Vic HURRY up w/ the partners woman! Or you're gonna be covered head to toe in snails :P:P:P

Hugs ya'll :P

~Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK HERE IS THE LIST........
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . KEEP GOING!
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . .
    . /size>

of current players! LOL

poisondartfrog/Alana - rec - outdoor plants/bulbs/seeds
    jaleeisa/Kathy - send/rec - plants/bulbs/seeds
    dieg01991/Amy - send - plants/bulbs/seeds rec-house plants/bulbs/seeds (no food items)
    ejmoore510/Joan - rec - any plants/bulbs/seeds
    veeja11/Carol - no house plants
    debbya/Deb
    Nikkineel send/rec - any plants/bulbs/seeds
    Lindaruzicka - rec - bulbs/seeds
    Dan_the_mailman - send/rec - bulbs/seeds
    Sassybutterfly/Wendy - send/rec - bulbs/seeds?
    hazelnutbunny/Melissa - send/rec - bulbs/seeds

ROFLOL.......
    {{gwi:1301797}}

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Ohhhhh... that was soooooo mean!!! But I loved the full moon scarecrow!

Kathy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Aha Vic! So you're the one whose been rumaging through my underwear drawer! Gosh, I hope you overlooked the holey ones and the dingy whites!

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy, did you like my little "trick" for you guys?!?

Proudgm, Yes, I overlooked those and didn't post a pic of those little thong ones either! LOL

So, I'm not the only one up at this time huh? Well, it's only 11:15 here

• medontdo
    15 years ago

its 1:31 here, the boy is having company tonight, the only one we ever allow him to have over, LOL but i know talla has a crush on the boy and i think the feeling might be a little mutual, just a little. the boy is a little younger than tabor and a little older than talla. i told hubs, and we both agreed out of all the kids in this town he's the nicest one!! but i've been keeping my eye on them!!

hey vic!! youve got that ol onery streak!! **big grinn*** that is sooo cool!! i missed that too!!
    when those seeds are harvested do ya want me to send ya some?? but you cant let little one eat any, well, in fact you cant either, and don't feed them to your hubs!! **onery grinn** that dark side is really bad!! the base of my "tree" is huge!! hubs said he was gonna chop it down ...i had to laugh at him really hard till i realizzed he was serious. then i told him, once it freezes they will die, so don't worry, i said i need those seeds baby!! and just kept chuckling!! he's just cute sometimes!! LOL
    tabor is helping me host the rr next month.
    now i have to go to the name that plant forum and see what some of my plants are!!
    i'm glad your pups are doing good!!
    wendy, i don't know if tabor emailed you, but he's waiting on the seeds of the bonarisis?? its drying out now, so i think he's about ready. he's upset with me now, because of our(my) goal, but the prize at the end for him is a youth bow that he's been wanting forever. he knows that. but he doesn't want to work so hard. LOL ~Medo

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Medo, me? ornery??? You know it girl! LOL
    I would love some seeds! I remember last year you were going to give me some but I didn't take them b/c of Zack, he's good at staying away from stuff now when I tell him to and I've got a spot for them that he doesn't go in at all and it's quite a ways from the house.
    I can't believe how big that got! Did you ws that indoors?
    Vic

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Thong underwear! My daughter used to wear those and I would wash them and look at them and think "I spend half the day trying to pull mine out of my @$$ and here she is putting it there." I just don't get it.

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1301798}}

Vic, It's not nice to fool mother nature.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

post the partner list or...

there will be blood shed

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

well Vic, "sipping tea and munching on a cookie"..not too much going on here. Just cleaning up outside and gathering seeds for the exchanges....so..think we'll have some good exchanges in this RR?..."offering you a cookie"..oh, by the way, is it time for partners yet?..."G"

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"taking cookie" These sure are good Linda, did you make them?
    Partners? That completely slipped my mind! Hmmmm, let me see if I can find that list......... where did I put that darn thing?!