Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

UPDATE: Ghouls Wanna have fun # 3

This promises to be a spirited swap! Old ghoulfriends and new ghoulfriends are welcome to sign up. I promise to include lot's of corny Halloween jokes and bad puns, and the group will supply the camaraderie.

Don't be afraid to don your best pointy hat and join in, even if you have never participated in a plant swap before.

I would love to get this one back to basics with plants and a Halloween theme as the centerpiece. Many of us suffered losses due to weather issues this year, so let's scale back from 5 plants to 4 plants required to participate. Remember that in this group sending plants is supposed to be fun! Send what you like and what you would be happy to receive and don't stress about having the newest and greatest. This is still a good time of year for most of us to plant daylilies and German iris and many perennials, and fall bulbs would be absolutely wonderful to send! If your zone limits the fall bulbs that can be grown in your area, please let me know-I will try to match you with someone who can accommodate you.

The rules:

1. You must be at least 18 to join this swap.

2. You must send at least 4 plants. With bulbs, each variety will be considered 1 plant. For example, if you send 8 tulip bulbs and 5 are Orange Emperor tulips and 3 are Queen of Night tulips, each different variety will counts as 1 plant, so that would be a total of 2 plants for purposes of the swap. Please try to send plants that relate to Halloween in some way. It could be that the name includes a Halloweeny word like witch or moon or magic or midnight; or ones that are a Halloweeny color like orange, black or purple.

3. In addition to the plants, include something scary! That could be a scary Halloween decoration, the horror paperback you just finished reading, a picture of my third grade teacher (she terrified me, and still does decades later) or anything else that conveys the spirit of the season. The trick is not to spend a lot of money on your treat, but express what you love about the season!

4. All boxes should be sent priority with delivery confirmation unless it is all fall bulbs, which will probably be fine going parcel post with delivery confirmation, which adds just 18 cents to parcel post rate.

5. Once you receive your box, please share the contents with the group. We want to share each others fun!

6. Sign ups start now and will close on Friday, September 28. I will assign partners on the 29th and we will make October 15 the absolutely last day to send your partner's box. We want to be sure that everyone has time to enjoy their scary Halloween surprise.

Sign up here and email me at poisondartfrog@myway.com. If you are new to the group, share with us a little about yourself. What do you like? What kind of plants do you grow? Do you have a family, pets, hobbies? Pictures are welcome.

Comments (149)

• fishymamas
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hubby says 103, he's better at math than I am. Address showed up, you were getting dumped into my junkmail folder.

Oh Becki, it's so rough on the men when they feel they're not measuring up as "providers" (yes even Mr. Fishy feels the need to do the hunter-gather thing, despite me able to support us).

I'll try and hit to post office between classes tomorrow, so early next week Poi.

~fishy

• klickitat
    16 years ago

My guess:

{{gwi:1301810}}

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Awww..Tracy...Do you discount EVERYTHING the bunny says??

What's wrong with what bunny says??? :O(
    *sniff*
    I've been discounted....!
    *sniff*

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Oh NOOOO! I didn't mean to hurt the poor bunny's feelings! Let me get you a tissue! Now here you go, BLOW!

I'm sorry! Big Numbers scare me! :o)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

specially if'n they are numbers ya have to shave a head to see!!! My Bday is 6-20-66 but at least I have a 20 in front so I aint the devil child!!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

It was the Devils Number...

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

But I'm an ANGEL!!! :O)

Don't be sceered of a number!!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Ok, I feel better now, I won't be sceered no more! I pwomise! I will have COURAGE!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Guys my niece was born 6-5-06 on west coast time,east coast when I got the news it was 6-6-06. Not only that but she has albinism(sp)So she has this WHITE hair and in most photos her eyes are red & glowing . I give my sister grief over it all the time.That's what us big sisters do!

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Boy,You miss a day or two here and you miss alot. Poison ,I'm almost ready to send your creepy crawlies-er ,I mean your box.I need your addy when you get a chance to send it.My guess is 144.{{gwi:1301812}}

• medontdo
    16 years ago

man, i tell ya!! get your internet all messed up and leave plants in the air ant tracy really leaves ya hangin!! i didn't get no emails or any quiz's, she wanted to make sure i didn't get the quize!! LOL :')) TOTALLY KIDDING!!! been busy with them kids!! LOL we have identified some insects, birds, butterflies, and leafs. everyday we do something different. our science and pe. LOL but the funny thing is, all on different days, the stuff shows up. LOL not when they are supposed too. he he just being difficult i suppose! although we have found alot of dead snakes and possums! and frogs!! of course they gotta stand there and really look at it and try to figure it out, i'm thinking puke puke!! :')) thank you fishy for the edhelper, he's in the 6th grade and any help is GREATLY appreciated. talla won't let me hang up the bird feeder, it's special!! LOL she loves the look of it, and its pink!! hubby fixed us up with broadband, yay!! i'm old but not slow!!! yeeehaw!! LOL seee i'm under my name! i'm so happy! but i had to call embarq to set the whole thing up, cuz hubby had to go to work, so i did something without him having to come behind me and fix it!! so i'm really happy!!

• ctack2
    16 years ago

IT'S A BOY!!!.........AND...........IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Yep, one of each for my daughter. That is what she was hoping for too. She is in her 26th week right now. The little boy weighs in at a whopping 1# 15oz. while the little girl is at 2# 1oz.
    They said that both look healthy and active and the fact that they are so close in size is a good thing - that neither of them seems to have any obvious problems.
    This makes it so much more fun for me to try to plan those flower gardens I want to make for them....now I can go bold and blue and dainty and pink! woohoo! Now to figure out what I want to put in them and go out and find them somewhere. Any suggestions? Tentatively the names will be Caitlyn JoAnne and Michael Scott....definately subject to change at this point. (she really like Cameron Scott for the boy, but her hubby doesn't like 'Cameron')
    Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. If you see this in any other lists, just ignore me - I'm a proud granny-to-be and I want to share the joy!
    Talk to you all soon.
    Carol B

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Medo!

I'm going to beat you if you keep telling these girls that! She didn't answer my emails for 3 days! Sheesh! Thought she fell into a hole and couldn't climb out and even enlisted poor bunny on the search and rescue mission! I was a good girl and gave you messages and posted stuff and everything! Then my email goes on the fritz Saturday (probably caught a bug from you!!!) and she is accusing me of sabotage! Sheesh! I get no respect I tell YA!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Tracy..It's more like......

:O) :O)

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Okay, I'd better make my guess. This is tough! I will guess:

Becki

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Bunny,
    Does that make Medontdo Lucy to my Charlie Brown? Is she going to pull the football out from under me? I hate it when I fall on my bum! No fun at all!!! LOL!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

hmmm....a big box!
    **a bottle of sludge**
    **some creepy bats,cats, moons, stars color clings **
    **bats centerpiece foil**
    **sprinkles 2 kinds**
    **3 danglers 2 pumkins and 1 ghost**
    **1pkg tea citronola candles**
    **2 pages of stickers pumkins and scarcrows**
    **2 bottle tealight holders purle** so cool!!! i'm so gonna love these!! :'))

**a little notepad which has mysterously dissapeared** hmmm.. i wonder which girl took off with it?? LOL

**narcissus** double assorted cool looking!!
    **iris oriental beauty** can't wait to see it!!
    **tulip pinocchio** can't wait to see it!!
    **tulip pink impression** can't wait
    ** tulip ol liovles sp** can't wait

man!! that's so awesome!! i was kidding about the sludge!! although that woulda been pretty darned cool!! LOL thanks becki!! your so awesome!! i love the the package! i had to save it from the kids though!! LOL dad had to save the box for me! he was like that's your mom's ya know!! i was surprised!! LOL but as soon as it was opened and they saw all the goodies it was fair game!! LOL
    i think becki is still a kid at heart, or maybe she had her kids pick it out!! LOL :')) that's what i need to do if paya has any kids!! LOL

• beckilove
    16 years ago

OMG Michele! You had me worried! I'm sitting her thinking, what the heck did I send that she thinks is SLUDGE???? I was so scared that something didn't make it and turned to sludge! Ewww! You stinker!

I'm glad you liked the box! Oh, yes, I am still a kid at heart. In fact my husband always tells me I need to grow up!

Becki

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

well I've been putting this off long enough! I'm so afraid of going over! My guess is.......

If I go over, my hubby is to blame. I asked his opinion.
    (what am I thinking!? lol) My original number was MUCH lower. His was actually higher than this guess. I thought he was nuts! Oh well, its all in fun!!

A little catching up:
    klick, I love the MNF pic
    ctack, Congrats! on the grandbabies
    Becki, I hope everythig turned out well for your hubby!
    to everyone with illnesses/and or boo boos, hope your feeling better soon!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hmmm. Careful with that sludge, Medont!!! :O)

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Woo hoo! I got my box for Diene this morning! Thank you so much, girl! What an awesome box! There is a tube of lotion and a garden stone that says "When we grow, we love." Very sweet! Also included are plants (whew - hope I get them all):

Bleeding Heart
    Turtle Heads (Chelome)
    Tiger Lily Bulb
    Lily Bulbets
    Osiris Bulb
    Large Daylilies
    Small Daylilies
    Lavender Bearded Iris
    Lams Ear (Monardo)
    Peperomia (Obtusifolia varigata)

With a recipe of exactly how to plant them!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Diene! I will thoroughly enjoy them all!

Becki

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

What an absolutely fantastic couple of boxes Becki and Michele! Beautiful! Too funny that michele scared you about the goo! lol! All of the plants, bulbs, rhizomes sound amazing! I really need to get my goodies packed up and on the road!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Wow! Everyone is getting such GREAT boxes!!! :O)
    I love living vicariously through you girls!!!! LOL

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

What great boxes everyone is receiving!

Just a little over an hour and a half to place your bets. I mean make your guesses.....

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Evening, ladies! Just popping in to let you all know that I'll be working for the next couple of nights and won't be online much. If you've sent me an email it may take me a few days to respond. Don't want to hurt any feelings. :)

G'night!

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Kalena, you and your husband can share a high five! There were 265 candy corns in that jar! Congratulations!

Your prize is a whole 2nd box. You get your box from your partner, and Sandy will be sending her entire box to you.
    She has been busy with a houseguest, but is waiting to hear who she is sending to. Please send your address to me and I will forward it to her with her instructions. She was a really good sport about being the "grand prize."
    Medo could have had a chance to be the winner if only Tracy would keep the poor girl updated....
    Thanks for another fun game!
    Alana

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    16 years ago

glitter logo maker
    That's a pretty cool prize idea Alana. This swap totally ROCKS!
    Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Sputter! But! Hey! I! You booger Alana!!!! Better be a prize for being the Butt of all the Jokes! PHFLBBBBBBBBT!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Carol - Great! I'd like to send a lil something over to you for the babies.

Dirt, box is on it's way tomorrow, as I'm running next to the PO. There;s some tricks and some treats in there for you. Muhahahaha...ha.

glitter-graphics.com

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Yippeeee!!!!! I'm so happy!!!! I couldn't wait for the last of my daycare children to go home so I could check out who won. I really thought my number would be over. I'll send you an email poison. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Yay! Good job, Kalena!!
    (and here I thought I was soooo close!!! LOL) :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Seek Codes

MySpace Graphics

WHOOOOHOOOO WAY TO GO SUPERWOMAN KALENA!!!!!!!

ANOTHER GREAT GAME ALANA!!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

• tracyvine
    16 years ago
  • hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Be nice there, Tracy!
    Or I'll whack you with my magic ugly parrot head umbrella!!

{{gwi:1301817}}

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Good job Kalena!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Great job, Kalena! I'm very happy for you!! Wow!!!

Well, I went to farmer's market tonight after taking about 2 months off - we just didn't have enough eggs for a while, and then it just wasn't working out with our schedules. Anyway, I got there and the guy next to me was selling canned jams! I watched him for a while, and he was really friendly to me, so I finally said to him - It was my understanding the home preserved foods were not allowed here. Did I misunderstand that? And he said they told him to bring it, when he asked about it. So..... Guess whose plan just went into overdrive? There are only 2 weeks left of farmer's market, so I am going to make the most of it! Dave will be out of town next week starting on Monday, through Wednesday or Thursday, so I will be baking and making preserves every minute I can! I am going to make lots of my strawberry kiwi preserves that everone who tries them loves. And I am going to make lots of thumbprint cookies for people to sample it on (thanks, Fishy!!) Plus, I was already planning on lots of baking, getting ready for the holidays, so watch out in my kitchen this week! I am so excited!

Fishy - did you get my email the other day about changing things? If not, please let me know, so I can resend it! Thanks, doll!

Busy, busy! Talk to you all soon!

Becki

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Becki that sounds wonderful!!!! You are going to be busy as a lil bee sweetie, I hope you sell all of the preserves and things you take to the farmers market.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

BECKIB
    Brilliant
    E
    Exotic
    C
    Chatty
    K
    Kind
    I
    Inventive
    By GlitterYourWay.com

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Becki, That is fantastic! I am super excited for you and hope you sell out quick!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

whooohoooo November 10th is Fort Bend's Plant swap!!! This will be the first one I go to but I AM going!!!! Already excited about it!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Look at what Bunny had that mean old Mary Poppins do to me! I'm all cracked up! Where are all the kings horses and all the kings men? Please put me back together again!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Thought you might like one of these!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Does that mean I am not going to get whacked with your umbrella anymore? Ok, then I will give you a hug too!

Smiles!
    Tracy

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I will blow you some kisses too

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hey silly girl, you're in charge of the new thread this time! Just so we don't play "who's gonna do it, her or me?" LOL

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Yay! New Thread!!!! :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

So I am starting a new thread. :O)