Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: Ghouls Wanna have fun # 3

Posted by dirt_under_my_nails 7 Murrayville, GA (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 07 at 21:21

This promises to be a spirited swap! Old ghoulfriends and new ghoulfriends are welcome to sign up. I promise to include lot's of corny Halloween jokes and bad puns, and the group will supply the camaraderie.
Don't be afraid to don your best pointy hat and join in, even if you have never participated in a plant swap before.
I would love to get this one back to basics with plants and a Halloween theme as the centerpiece. Many of us suffered losses due to weather issues this year, so let's scale back from 5 plants to 4 plants required to participate. Remember that in this group sending plants is supposed to be fun! Send what you like and what you would be happy to receive and don't stress about having the newest and greatest. This is still a good time of year for most of us to plant daylilies and German iris and many perennials, and fall bulbs would be absolutely wonderful to send! If your zone limits the fall bulbs that can be grown in your area, please let me know-I will try to match you with someone who can accommodate you.
The rules:
1. You must be at least 18 to join this swap.
2. You must send at least 4 plants. With bulbs, each variety will be considered 1 plant. For example, if you send 8 tulip bulbs and 5 are Orange Emperor tulips and 3 are Queen of Night tulips, each different variety will counts as 1 plant, so that would be a total of 2 plants for purposes of the swap. Please try to send plants that relate to Halloween in some way. It could be that the name includes a Halloweeny word like witch or moon or magic or midnight; or ones that are a Halloweeny color like orange, black or purple.

3. In addition to the plants, include something scary! That could be a scary Halloween decoration, the horror paperback you just finished reading, a picture of my third grade teacher (she terrified me, and still does decades later) or anything else that conveys the spirit of the season. The trick is not to spend a lot of money on your treat, but express what you love about the season!

4. All boxes should be sent priority with delivery confirmation unless it is all fall bulbs, which will probably be fine going parcel post with delivery confirmation, which adds just 18 cents to parcel post rate.

5. Once you receive your box, please share the contents with the group. We want to share each others fun!

6. Sign ups start now and will close on Friday, September 28. I will assign partners on the 29th and we will make October 15 the absolutely last day to send your partner's box. We want to be sure that everyone has time to enjoy their scary Halloween surprise.

Sign up here and email me at poisondartfrog@myway.com. If you are new to the group, share with us a little about yourself. What do you like? What kind of plants do you grow? Do you have a family, pets, hobbies? Pictures are welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Ghouls Wanna have fun # 3

Well .....someone had to post it!

o

Thank you! I must have killed the last thread! Hah!

Please review and comment:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

I like the red lettering a lot. But I like the font from the first one! LOL! Taking orders from this group. Poor KlickityKlack! :o )

o

Klick, would you email me please? fox.t@earthlink.net

o

Well, gee....you could have a pixie and a bunny playing in the dirt..instead of 2 girls....I mean...come on... :O) lol

Seriously, I like the first one as well...although, could we make the finished graphic fit on the screen a bit better? I don't like having to scroll down to see the entire picture. I know, I know... PICKY PICKY BUNNY!!!! :O) So I've been told....! :O)

o
And more!!

Oh! And a frog, and a fishy...and maybe a tracy and a diene and an alana and a medo and and and and......Hmm. On second thought...maybe just the 2 girls. Gettin' a zoo here. :O)

o
Smiles

lol Melissa, I think shes just working on it to show us what it will look like and let us nitpickers decide how she should do it. Klick is in for a hard ride with all of us picky gals. Poor Klick, I don't think she knows what she volunteered for. (hey I kinda like the pixie and bunny idea too but I don't think others would go for that eh?)

o
Kiddos

LMAO thats our Bunny lmao.

OK the Kiddos, just decided to trade beds with each other sheesh, so I shut the doors to each of their beds and now they don't like it. Ya think this was just something they did to keep "mom" playing with them???

o

Pixie... email headed your way. :)

o
Sorry!!!!!

I know....I"m sorry for nitpickin'...Honest I am!!
Sorry for squishing your sandwich, Klick!!! :O(

o

Just popping in to say HI to everyone.
I tried to catch up on all the posts but no way! This is too talkie a bunch. I hope I can jump back on the swap-wagon in a month or so, but right now just too much going on. A lot of mental stuff. My daughter and her jerk of a hubby and the expected twins. He went to school for a month for heating and a/c and then got a job. He worked 7 days and they let him go. No explanation, or at least not one that he gave my daughter.
Then my mom fell and was hospitalized and I had to make a trip to Michigan. She's ok, didn't break anything, but they put her in a nursing home for rehab for who knows how long. They have their first treatment team meeting on Tuesday. She's been there 3 week tomorrow. I have 3 siblings up there with her, but I just had to go check things out myself.
On the up-side....things have finally cooled down here. Finally. But I guess it has for most everyone. It rained one day! woohoo!
Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Miss you all.
Have a great day all.
Carol B

o

hmmmm Honey Bunny, I ain't gonna say anything to that pic, (I would prolly get banned from GW)

Got it Klick, thanks.

Im a beef person myself. OK you did that on purpose didn't ya Melissa??? Just to see whose mind was in the ditch eh?

o

I'm not upset by any comments! They're more than welcome!

ctack... sounds like you're going through one heck of a rough period. :(

o
Gotta Love the Rejection Messages eh?

Well Ladies,

I am sweepy, Fox came in and told me he was proud of me cause he and I had a bet (for one month bet) that I would get up at 5 and stay up til bed time without taking a nappers. Well tonight bed time is gonna be 10.5, that is 17 hours, OHHHH POOOR MEEEE, means I gotta revamp my spoiled schedule!!!!! I know its sad. Hey I did get alot done today, I do miss my nappers though!

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

Alana, I hope you had a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!! I also hope you have an AWESOME YEAR. BOTH YOU AND BUNNY NEED TO GET A PINATA TOGETHER !!!!

Niters all and good dreams.

Pixie

o

Hi, all. Though I am not part of this swap I have laughed and howled along with you. I'm off for a leaf viewing vacation so will not be able to join. It's been fun to lurk on this thread and hope to join other rrs later.
Bobbie

o

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! I had a great birthday, beautiful blue skies, temps have cooled down into the 80's, but still no rain. One glass of sherry, that's all. Everyone else took this birthday a lot harder than I did.

Pixie, I don't think I have your address-send it to me please. I expect to mail yours and Sandy's boxes out next Monday. I am hoping to get something I ordered this week.

Have a good Monday folks. I will be back with your dose of Halloween later today.
Alana

o

Good morning everyone! I love the logos! Very cute! Diene - that is so funny! I emailed you twice as well! I received one of your emails, but I guess not the other. I hope you got my addy from Trina, as it doesn't seem my emails are coming to you! Sorry! If not, let me know, and I'll try it from a different email. I'm glad you had a good birthday, Alana! And I'm glad it didn't hit you too hard. Plus, it's really no fun to be drunk on your birthday!

Boy did I have a shock yesterday! Okay, so not a shock, but still a suprise! I told Dave that I had gotten the last 3 episodes of Desperate Housewives on DVD from Netflix, but I was just going to send it back, because I really didn't have time to watch it, and I'd rather get something everyone else will enjoy. Well, he says, lets watch it right now. So, he and I sat there and watched those 3 episodes, which got done somehow right at 8, so then we turned on the new one. That is like unbelievable, that my husband would sit through 4 episodes of Desperate Housewives with me (and didn't even fall asleep once!) Wow - I was a happy girl!

o

Morning all! I don' know if any of you order from Spring Hill Nursery but....they have flat rate shipping of 1.48 for the next week. I'll probally be drooling over that site for a while today. Anyone ever order from them? I should check them out over on dave's garden before I order. I might give tham a try if feedback is good. Later....
April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Good Morning April! Thanks for the email, I got a good laugh off of that, certainly needed that this morning! I personally have not ordered from there but do know that many from the Clematis Forum have in the past.

There is one particular post running of a review of all of the fall orders coming in. It was posted by Nckvilledudes. He is one of the smartest clematis growers out there. I will post the link to his thread so you can see the accounts on Spring Hill as I know they were mentioned there along with many other online garden suppliers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Review: First Fall Orders Arriving

o
becki

Becki! Congratulations! That is good news. See, there was the upside of dh reading your emails. :o) I am glad for you. Sunday night is a bit of a date night here with the wives and brothers and sisters. We cuddle up on the couch and laugh together! That is always a good thing with me. I am happy for the two of you. Sad to say, I didn't catch it last night though. It is hard to get back in the routine of watching the shows after so much time off for the summer! You will have to fill me in!!!

Tracy

o

Thanks, Tracy! We didn't cuddle on the couch, just sat in our own chairs, but it was still very nice! Very unlike him lately. So, yes, I think some good did come from the emails. At the very least, it opened up some not so fun conversation that needed to happen!

Okay, DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU INTEND STILL TO WATCH THE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES EPISODE FROM LAST NIGT - THIS WILL RUIN IT FOR YOU!!!! But, if you just want to get caught up without taking the time to watch it, here is my best synopsis of what happened last night (whew - it's a bunch!!)

Hmm - well Edy (sp?) is still alive, Carlos saved her in time, and has been with her since, despite promising Gabrielle that they would run off together. He and Gabby did appear to end the show meeting at her house and spending an evening together, though. Oh, and when he woke up the next morning on the couch at Edy's, she had gone through his stuff during the night, and found out about a $10 million off-shore account. She threatens him that he better never hurt her. (Bit**) Umm... A new neighbor moved in with her cute doctor husband and her daughter who used to be Julie's best friend. The doctor just happend to be an OB/GYN, and when Susan goes to see hers, he is gone, and her new neighbor ends up giving her the pap (very uncomfortable)! She tells him that she has been having irregular periods, and he tells her she is probably starting menopause. Lynette has started Chemo, and has no hair now, but has been wearing a wig. A woman from her kids' school has been pressuring her to do a lot, and she finally breaks down and pulls off her wig and says she has cancer - all her friends see this and are shocked. Also, her mother (whom she can't stand) has moved in to help, and has given them the $10,000 they need for the deductable on their insurance (ouch!) Uh, Bree is not really pregnant, she is wearing a fake thing, because Danielle is really pregnant and staying at a convent. Aparrantly Bree wants to pass this baby off as her own. Anyway, they are at a BBQ, thrown by the new neighbor, and a big fork sticks in her belly, and someone notices. She and Orson pretend it is a trick fork, and he stabs her several more times in the belly to prove it. Not really funny! Oh, Susan and Mike get married - she suprises him with a tiny cermony in the woods with just them and Julie and a preacher. He had been working overnight to try to come up with the money for the wedding. She is really upset though with the whole menopause thing, because even though she doesn't, she knows Mike wants kids, and she wants to be able to give them to him. Well, suprise, suprise - the new doctor shows up and says he is so embarrased - she's not in menopause, she's pregnant! The new girl (the daughter next door) doesn't remember anything from her childhood, except she has a dream about a man coming in and taking her during the night, and Julie surmises that this is not the same girl she played with as a kid. Oh, and all 4 ladies (Gabby, Bree, Susan and Lynette) all promise to not keep any more secrets from eachother (even though some aren't being very truthful about that.) Okay, I can't remember anything else, but if I missed something, or I got it wrong, someone else please correct me!

o

Yay! Thank you so much for catching me up! I never would have been up on it by next sunday! Kick me off the forums next week by 8:55 if you see me yapping away out here!!! 7:55 your time! I hate it when I miss an episode! You are a peach for catching me up! Woo hoo!

o

lol I don't even watch DH but now I have to cause that seems pretty interesting!!

Becki the commentator!! WHOOOHOOO girlie great job!

Hope everyone has a GREAT OCTOBER 1ST!!!!

o

Today's bad Halloween joke:

Do zombies eat popcorn with their fingers?

No, they eat the fingers separately.

o

Ewww!!! Yucky, Alana!!!!

I have no idea how they got all that in one episode! Now, the whole Susan pregnancy thing begs the question - is it Mikes??? Or might it be Ian's???? Trina - it is definitely a VERY interesting show!! You can really get caught up in it. Very dramtic, but incredibly funny as well. Okay, so isn't there supposed to be a nurse in the room when the doctor does a pap? That's the way it is here where I live, but now I'm wondering if it's that way all through the U.S., because there was no nurse in the room with Susan - just her and the doc. And that was really wierd to me. But, mabye we're just wierd here! : )

o

GROSSSSSS! Blech! Ew! Yuck! Ptooooey! No nurse for me, but my gyn is a woman! Got sick of guys because they have no idea what we are complaining about. LOL! No empathy from them at all!

o

Oh boy...I can't keep up!!! LOL I've never watched desperate housewives, the hubby won't let me..says he doesn't want me to get any "ideas". LOL :O) But boy...if all THAT was packed into one episode, Golly...I couldn't keep up ANYWAY. My attention span isn't big enough to sit through an entire hour. That's why the only soap I watch is The Bold and the Beautiful! LOL I tried to watch Days of our Lives today..but since I haven't seen that one in about 6-7 years (carrie was married to Austin and Sammy was pregnant with Austin's baby, but it turned out to be Lucas's...) THAT is how long ago I watched it!!! Gosh..It may have been longer than THAT. I was surprised to still see Sammy on there, and the same Lucas. Usually they change a few times. Oh, and Guiding Light. I used to watch that one with my mom when I was growing up, and they still have some of the same people on it!! Amazing, but Reva never ages!!! :O) Come to think of it...Neither does Susan Lucci!! (different soap, though..and one I've never watched....) :O)

o

Actually hubby's ex and I had instant dislike. She reminds me of my mother in all the wrong ways. Mostly I hated how she treated a grown man like a toddler (dude, she cut his steak for him). Sadly hubby had limited experiance with women (he was heavy into sports and then went into construction) and figured that if he met a "nice lady" at church than it was gods will. She was litterally his 2nd girlfriend ever. Unfortunatly deciding you'll pick your wife out of the ladies in a catholic church in the middle of the desert does somewhat limit your options. Both the ex, my 75 year old grandmother (who I adore), and Steve's 73 year old mother attend mass there weekly. We had offered to pay for the plane trip and a moving van for her to move to where her daughters live, as she has no family out here, but her daughters do not want her there, as she had sex with one of thier husbands in the dressing room at the walmart in town (classy, huh?). Sadily if she just dropped off the face of the earth, I don't think anyone would mind. Hubby's a nice guy who feels that since he did tell her he'd take care of her, no matter what (before they married) that he should keep his word to keep a roof over her head and food in her fridge, even though she clearly didn't keep to her half of the vows. (I can respect his ideals here, but not quite the execution). I just think we've done all that we should, her apt is paid, the car is paid, we offered to move her to a new town where she can start over, but she's not interested (I think she enjoys the drama of it all). Anyways hub's lawyer is sending her lawyer another, "nope, not paying more" letter.

o
Ok on to planning parties

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

Halloween is actually our "big" holiday here, we have 2 parties (one at the centerwhere we go all-out, and one at my home for our buds). So with a month left I'm fine tuning those (is it cheating to have one catered?) Last year was a pirate complete with "skeleton crew" and it was talked about right up to xmas time.

o

Fishy...You are a HECK of a lot more woman than I am, honey!! I could NOT put up with that doo. That gets my little southern temper all sorts of riled up!!

o

beckilove... that Dr. wasn't too bright to go into a pap without a "witness". To be honest, they typically utilize them as assistants as well. Maybe he's very secure in his job to feel that he doesn't need an assistant in there with him.

tracyvine... my gyn is a male, and he's awesome! Totally great guy. Cute, too.

hazelnutbunny... I've never watched Desperate Housewives, either, but by choice. It just doesn't appeal to me. No matter, my Tivo is already overloaded with season passes. Heh.

No Halloween decorating for me this year. I'm plain tired of doing it. Not even handing out candy this time. I'll be working instead. I'll begrudgingly decorate the house for Christmas only because we host Christmas Eve every year. The bug simply hasn't hit me this year to be festive.

Ok. I need to nap. Heading to work tonight without any sleep is going to stink. I wasn't able to rest earlier because my dog had to have emergency surgery... again! The site that they operated on the other week opened up so they had to go back and close it up. My poor pup. :(

I'll fix the logo's size today. If everyone agrees, we can use it to start our threads like OBF does. :) Kinda binds us as a group!

o
New Logo

Ok. It only took a minute to change the size. Here ya go!

o

Klick, your poor pooch! Youchies! I love the logo, very sweet and covers the theme nicely. Go get some rest, you deserve a break today! Love my gyn, one smart lady and tough as nails in a tricky delivery. She's delivered all the babies except for the first and I wish I had her for that one.

Fishy, Hope that lady gets the hint this time, glad to see you're standing firm. The kids are super excited about Halloween. We need to pick our pumpkins this weekend or I will have a riot on our hands! They are decorating all over town and the kids are getting impatient with me. LOL!

o

Hi MNWSGAL, Bobbie,

We LOVE "Lurkers" they make great friends!!! Come in anytime you please and share a cup of tea, a laugh, and a conversation with us! We always love to meet new people.

I think that looks great Jules.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

OK Klick your box is on its way.Confirmation #0306 0320 0004 5120 1959.Love the logo!
Lucky me gets to go to dentist for a root canal on a tooth (that supposed to have been only a 20% chance of me needing) that I got crowned on Wed!Talk about your horror stories. The 600mg ibuprofen is not helping the pain.So I might not be on here much tomorrow. Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Oh dirt, owie! I still need your addy dear, sent you an email.

o

Oh, You poor thing, April! I don't know if it is much help, but my son earlier this year (he was 9 at the time) had to have a root canal done. He had a broken tooth that ended up infected. I can tell you he was SO glad that he had it done! It was so worth it to get rid of that pain. I just asked him about it again, and he said the only part that hurt of the root canal was when they stuck the needle in to numb it. After that he couldn't feel anything, except when they had to put one of the root things behind his nose - that he felt, but it didn't hurt. It was his front tooth, so I don't think anything will go behind your nose, unless it's a front tooth. Afterwards, he did have really bad pain, but they said that was very unusual, and it went away within a couple hours. After that, he was just so thankful that he had it done (like he had a choice!) So, anyway, I don't think it's as bad as most people make it out to be (at least it wasn't for my 9 year old son!) I hope it all goes really well for you! I'll be thinking of you!
Becki

o

Eeewww...Root canals!! Oh, I feel so sorry for you, April!! Hugs Hugs and MORE HUGS!!! Yucky, icky, no fun at all.
Okay, enough trying to cheer you up. (LOL)
Seriously, Becki is right...they really aren't all that bad. I've had 2 unplanned ones, one in my front tooth and another in a molar...and after you get past the shots, you don't feel a thing. Honest. And you won't ever again, because the nerve is totally dead!! YAY! (I think. Could be bad, in some senarios, I suppose......or it's entirely possible that my dentist did it wrong, and THAT would be why my molar is breaking apart and I don't feel a thing. Hmmm.)
Anyway. Sending you a Hug and a Kiss!!

Oh..no..no..wait. A KISS. Not K.I.S.S.
Whoopsie.

o

April, that is bad news. I have some experience in the root canal. Mine was an altogether good experience. I had plenty of novacaine/lidocaine and made sure to mention to the dentist if I started feeling anything. Did you say you already had the crown put on last week? Geeze! Normally they do the root canal first then the crown. That is too bad sweetie. Throw some tylenol on top of the ibuprofen, hopefully that might help lessen the pain, ice pack on the outside if you can tolerate the cold.

Hi Bobbie! Sorry for missing you earlier! I can't believe I forgot to say hello to you! Bad Tracy!!!! Jump in whenever you like, new folks are welcome with open arms here! Glad to hear we give you a giggle! That is our bread and butter... Comedy relief! Right Girls? LOL!

Becki, ouch! Reminds me of just after we moved here. Pat was running through the house with Jack hot on his heels. They were both in their socks. Pat took the corner too fast on the hard wood in the hallway, flipped over and landed on his mouth. His front teeth went through his lip and the gums swelled up all around his teeth, they got infected but luckily it was controlled by antibiotics. Oh, the best part is that this happened on the Monday after July 4th. Dentist was CLOSED! Emergency call to the office! They called him and he called right back... from the golf course! Where else?! LOL! Anyway, fast response, good dentist, teeth are healthy and the adult ones took their place nicely, will probably need braces but they aren't too bad.

To all you other Lurkers out there!!!! Pop in and say hi to us! We love to meet new folks and say howdy! Come on in, set a spell, we bet you'll make us laugh too! LOL!

o
My Bunny!

You crazy Bunny! Been wondering when you were going to pop up out of the rabbit hole and say hi tonight! I missed you!

o

whoohooo there's the bunny!!!!

OUCHIE OUCHIE Tracy your story reminds me of Christmas Day of 95. The boys got roller blades and a basketball goal. Nan, Alan and I were out there on the driveway playing basketball on rollerblades, Nan had the ball, I wasn't looking, he hollered "catch Mom" bout that time I looked up and got hit right in the mouth with the ball. Knocked out my two front teeth. Needless to say there are no dentists open on Christmas day. Our dentist though did come in for the "emergency" Bad bad bad.

something about Christmas's that just doesn't like me eh? lmao

o
No MORE Lemon Bars

OK Tracy, You MAY end up getting a vampire dog in the swap after all!!! I was doing some work in here and heard a can hit the floor in the kitchen, went in to see what the kiddo's were doing and saw the can on the floor with mud licking her chompers. Then I noticed that the lemon bars (that were on the counter top) were gone except for one and it looked like someone had licked off the powered sugar. I asked fox if he had eatin any (yeah like he ate an entire cookie plate of them?) he said no. I knew the cookie monster that ate them!!!! Sheesh oh well no more lemon bars!

o

Thanks for all the concern gang! Tracy, you are right about the root canal then the crown thing. He did a pulp test & I was told no canal was needed.So he went ahead with the crown. 20% chance that I 'might' need one later. I'm sorry but I thought later meant years NOT days!!!
SmileyCentral.com
Glad we have some dental insurance, but now I guess he'll have to recrown it after the canal?I dunno..but I'm sure it won't be for free!
Now the baby is coming down with whatever the oldest has. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!

Welcome to all newbies. Enjoy the show! LOL!
Later..April/dirt_under_my_nails
P.S.Fishy hope my address came through this time. It seems as all the e-mails I reply to don't make it. With the way the last few days have gone I'm not suprised.

o

Okay, no time right now, but just gotta post - ours happened on Labor Day, and the dentist was so nice to come in and try to fix the tooth! Too funny - all on holidays!
Becki

o

o

Bad Dog!! Bad Dog!!! OOOOH! Just like my caramel apples! Bad DOGS! I'd bite the buggers! Grrrrrr!

April, I feel so bad for you. Grrrrr, some more, the crown better be free! If he charges you, grrrr, sick Trina's dogs on him! LOL! Has your mouth calmed down any? Hope so. Poor girl, and now the baby's getting sick? Oh MAN! No luck for you! Poor baby, next thing you know you are going to have a call that someone wants to see the house tomorrow night. oooh, I did not just put that out there in the universe. Sorry. I will pray that no one knocks on your door for the next week. Saying my prayers now. Poor girlie!

o

Hello Ghouls;
Becki, I am sending you a recipe, follow it exactly if you know what is good for you!! diene #0103 8555 7493 1097 6306

o

Wooooo! That sounds like fun! Thanks, Diene!

Pixie - that sounds like what happened to me the other day - Lily took a bit out of every single cookie I had sitting on the counter (wait - I might have told you that already!) Silly kids/dogs!!

Hope all goes well today, April!

Becki

o

I'm off to the dentist. Tooth seems worse this morning.Last night I put the babies teething meds on it,still hurt.FYI that crap taste GROSS! Truthfully,I'm looking forward to the needle to making it numb!
Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Umm yeah, that stuff is nasty, that's for sure!! Good luck, April!

Well, here's something scary! Sunday early evening while we were watching our DVD, a tornado touched down about 3 miles away from us. It had been raining most of the afternoon (which is probably why hubby was indoors!), but we did notice one time that it got REALLY windy and the rain was going sideways. But, here we were sitting the livingroom watching Desperate Housewives, as a tornado very easily could have hit us! Frightening!! Fortunately no one was hurt, just lots of building and crop damage.

o

Becki, next time try this good weather spell.
Light a golden candle. Draw a 5 inch map of the area you want to protect from bad weather. Circle the map above the candle flame clockwise three times, imagining the candle flame is the sun. Burn the paper in the flame while uttering this incantation:
Fair weather, I ask you to shine
on this special day of mine.
I have chased the clouds away,
so the sun will shine all day.

Now, anyone have a rain spell? The rain keeps going north or south of us and we will be back in the 90's for the week, at least. Who stole October?

o

April,

Good luck at the dentist today! If you still have pain after the appointment go grab the adult orajel at the drugstore. It's double the strength, I think. Or tell the dentist to give you a doggie bag of the numbing cream they use before the shots, it's the least he could do!

Becki,
Sounds like Emma, she is my cookie monster here. I have to bake at her nap time otherwise she keeps snatching them when I turn my back as they cool on the wire rack. Grrrr! Stinkerbell! Scary about the tornadoes. We had some around here last month, the winds were very bad, lots of small hail. The tornado didn't hit here but it did touch down after the storm moved east of us. I get really nervous when the sky turns that strange green/black color, that tells me that we are in for a doozie! Our living room has a window seat and is on the west wall of the house so we have front row seats to all the storms coming our way.

We had our morning off to a not so nice start. Jack got sent home from school before the bell even rang! He was playing outside with all his friends and was stung by a Yellow Jacket Bee under his eye. His eye swelled shut and his cheek looked like he pouched a cantaloup! We had to pick him up and get some benadryl into him. Brought him home to keep an eye on it as this is his second sting that he swelled up so heavy. I don't like these bees this time of year, they get pretty agressive in the fall. I worry about him and these reactions. Luckily the swelling is on its way down, his eye is looking almost normal now. The cheek is about half the size it was when he got home so we will be sending him back soon. Might have to find that boy a beekeeper suit.

o

Oh, poor Jack!! That is so bad! From the time she was about 2, until probably 5, every summer, Elizabeth would get a bug bite right by her eye. I don't know why, but it just never failed during those few years. All of a sudden she would wake up with a swollen eye - looked like someone had socked her a good one! The first time, when she was little, it totally freaked me out, because it was so swollen, you couldn't see the bug bite, so I didn't know what happened. After that, I new when she woke up with a puffy eye, there would probably be a bug bite under all that swelling. Ick! Glad that hasn't happened in a while (knock on wood!) Hope Jack feels better soon!

Thanks for the spell, Alana! I'll have to try that later, as we are looking at the possibility of more bad weather tonight.

Well, off to rebake those cookies!

o

All is well, he is back at school with strict instructions to walk calmly away from any bees, no swatting at them. The swelling is gone (thank you maker of benadryl), all that remains is an ugly red patch with a tiny swelled line under his eye. Whew, I have no experience with bee allergies. I worry about it, I have heard that the reactions become increasingly severe with each bite. True? Need to talk to the doctor about that.

Becki, the kids have been getting so bit up by the bugs since the middle of September. Yick, spider activity is peaking. I keep stripping sheets and throwing them in the wash because the little guys keep waking up with spider bites. Me too for that matter, yick, spider in the beds! Ew! That had to freak you out with Elizabeth waking up with the swollen eyes! Sheesh, you'd have to begin to wonder if she was getting mugged in her sleep. Poor girl! That is there jobs, keep us guessing at all times! What next?

Poison, Love the spell! I will have to borrow that one. Don't like those angry storms, not one bit!

glitter-graphics.com

o

Yeah, Tracy! I'm starting to wonder if we've got spiders in bed once in a while too. We have some spiders in the basement, and I squish every one I see. But, I need to spray, I guess. I hate doing that, but in a old house surrounded pretty much by farms, you never know what you might find in your basement. Yep, lets see, so far - lots of different bugs and spiders, snakes, mice, and even a couple frogs. Doesn't help that I don't keep the basement as uncluttered as I should. I certainly learned with the mice that any food not in cans in the basement needs to be put into rigid plastic containers. I'm not perfect about that (I end up with lots of boxes of cereal somehow, and all those I have trouble keeping in platsic), but all my baking goods - flour, sugar, etc... stay in tightly sealing containers. I had a bag of flour down there one time (in my pantry in the basement), and when I pulled it from the shelf, there was a big hole in the back with a nice little burrow built in! It was so gross!! Ew - you probably didn't want to here about that! But, anyway, I learned my lesson! : )

Glad Jack is better! As far as bees - I have quite a few bumble bees around here, which is great, as they do such good pollinating! But, I haven't seen much else. And as long as I leave the bumbles alone, they don't bother us. Sometimes though, it's a bit scary to be working in the garden, when you hear buzzing all around!!

o
Baking

Well, I am very seriously trying to get ready for hopefully doing holiday baking for others this holiday season! I have been going through cookbooks, finding recipes I am going to try, and over the next week or two, I will be doing lots of baking - trying the recipes, and taking pictures of them, then slapping them in the freezer (so I'll have plenty at least for myself when the holidays come!) I went to Walmart last night to stock up some (though I still have lots more to get), and when I checked out, the girl said, "Oh, you must be doing some serious baking!" I made the mistake of saying, "Yes, I'm getting ready for Christmas!" She looked at me like I had 2 heads! It was really funny, but I quickly explained that I have 6 kids and am really busy during the holidays, so I am going to bake now, and put it in the freezer. She still seemed pretty amused, but got over the shock of thinking I thought it was almost Christmas or something!

Does anyone else here have a bit of a cookbook obsession? I love finding new ones! I have several on my wishlist at PBS, but most of them I'm a LONG way down on the list! Pooh! I guess I'll have to check out ebay for the ones I REALLY want! I love trying new recipes!!

o

I may not have time to get back here today, but I want to remind everyone of the game for tomorrow. I will post it around 6 pm or so eastern, but the exact time is not critical because I will keep it open for answers for a full 24 hours.
I want everyone to be able to participate because the prize is nice one.

April, I will be mailing your prize out on Monday with my swap boxes. I will update you then with the DC numbers. Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

o
Michele's Box

Just wanted to let Michele and Alana know that Michele's box is going out today - DC #0103 8555 7492 2714 9077. Hope you enjoy it, Michele!
Becki

o
Where is everyone?

Wow - what a quiet day on here! Where is everyone??! I'm lonely! Oh, well, the kids just got home, so I won't be lonely anymore! : )

o

hmmm, no email, try: saddina@roadrunner.com
yes bee stings can get worse with each sting, next time take a pic of the swelling to show your doc. Hubby had to carry benadryl in his wallet when he worked for the post office. you can most likely get a DR's note for you son to carry or keep a single-packet (you know 2 pills wrapped together). Today is history class for the older grades again, the fall of Rome is on the agenda.

o

Hmm. Maybe every is sick?? We all seem to be passing around that yucky stomach virus, along with a great head cold. All my house is sick, and has been since Thursday. We just can't kick it..every time we're over it, someone else brings it home!!

o

I'm here despite only getting 4 hours of sleep in 2 days. Ugh.

Hoping to get my box out by the end of the week...

o

Good Evening All;
Well I discovered that Becki's box is missing a few things, I will get them in the mail tomorrow. They were the themed stuff I had for the box but somehow never made it into the box. Sorry Becki, they will be along shortly. diene

o

: ) That is quite alright, Diene! Don't worry about sending them! I'm sure all you sent is enough!! : )

Oh, Klick - that is no good! You poor thing! I hope you get some sleep tonight!!

Melissa - that is awful! I hope everyone feels better soon! We have the same thing happen here. Now, every time one person gets sick, Dave tells me to run all over the house and spray lysol on every doornob, faucet knob, and everything else that is likely touched much. I don't know that it helps, but that's what he wants me to do, so I oblige.

Alana - can't wait for the next game!!!

I should probably be in your history classes, Fishy! My husband always wonders if they even teach history to kids in school these days, as I don't know much about it, I guess. He says an 8th grade education back when he was growing up gave a kid just about as much knowledge as a person that goes through 4 years of college nowadays. At least as one that graduated high school. He went through 8th grade, and then went to a vocational school after that. For some reason he quit just a few months before graduating, but got his GED. But, I can tell you, the man has WAY more knowledge than I do! And I got my high school diploma! I even went to college for 3 months! : ) (Sad, huh? I had a 4 month old at the time, plus started having panic attacks. Not a fun time for me.)

Becki

o

Hello Ghouls!

I am here, the hubster hijacked the computer this afternoon and got caught up on making his estimates to customers! Sheesh, he types slowwwwwwww. Took forever. I keep trying to just get him to write them out for me and I will get them set up in the computer and take care of the rest. Lot faster that way. He's a hunt and pecker!!! LOL! Writes faster with a pen! Sheesh!

Bunny, I hope everyone starts to feel better there!!! I am not looking forward to cold and flu season. Ed, Ted and I already ran one nasty bout with it. I don't want it again! Plus, with 4 of the kids in 4 different school buildings we now have all sorts of different germola's coming home! Whoa is me! LOL!

Fishy,
Jack's face started to puff up again after dinner. This is the same thing that happened after he was stung in the foot over the summer. We dosed him with more benadryl. Hopefully it stays down this time. I will be calling the nurse to see if the doctor has to sign an order allowing him to keep it at school with her. Very smart idea about taking a picture of his face. I took your advice. Does your hubby's sting site stay red for a long time? Jack's is about 2" around the area.

Started the fall clean up of the yard on Sunday. Started laughing yesterday when all the heavy rain came in again and knocked down more leaves into the flower beds!! Ah, the never ending raking begins! :o) Nights have been dropping down to the 40's and 50's. So nice to have the crisp evenings back. The smell of fall is in the air!

Can't wait for the next quiz!

glitter-graphics.com

o

Well, I can tell you all right now, if this one is a speed contest I am not going to win tomorrow night! LOL! I just realized that this will be my running around night with the kid's religion classes. lol! I heard from Michele and all is well with her. She has been busy doing research for the kids homeschooling. She has the list and Paula's info. She is heading off to Topeka this week so i think she will be sending a little later. Her internet gets hooked up tomorrow, but still working out the kinks on her computer. Hopefully it will be up and running again soon. So, there is the evenings update! ;o)

o

o

hey miss bunny, does that mean you're not going to play tonight?

o

As I remember...

The sting was on his arm and his tricep swlled up to the size of my thigh, stayed red swollen and bloated for 3-4 days. After that he went to an epi-pen (yes an injection) because of reaction danger.

Becki, that's the beauty of being an adult, you can choose what you'd like to learn about and when. Most of my classes are online, and so long as I stick to my schedule, it works well for me (I cram it all in on wensdays, while hubby handles our boys). History is taught in a sprial of about 4 years, so you do 1. anchient> 2. middle ages> 3. euro history> 4. US history> in a cycle every 4 years (I remember 1>6th grade: 2> 7th grade: 3>8th grade: 4>9th grade and repeat). What we do now is focus on the "key events and people" that happened in our time frame, example Ceaser and Cleopatra is a 3 lesson block of each of ther contributions, and 1 of thier joint history, the kids may not be able to remember what year it occoured, but they can tell you Ceasar died in March stabbed by his friends, or that Cleopatra was trained to rule Egypt after her sisters died young. They can also locate Greece, Rome, Alexandria, Egypt, Baghdad, Syria, Mesopotamia, and other places on maps. Still a long way to go, we're at ~ 100 BC now, so still 2,000 years to learn.

o

A fantastic box arrived yesterday from dirt under my nails!!!

- Halloween window clings
- Halloween hand towel that states "You Glow Girl" lol
- a papier mache witch that will go on our Christmas tree b/c it's perfect as an ornament!
- Jack o' lantern votive holder with a set of orange and black votive candles!
- bearded iris bulbs "Superstition"
Plants:
- Provence lavender
- lt. violet Spiderwort
- ribbon grass
- Chyrsanthamum (which are perennials in our state!)

THANK YOU for a wonderful box. You've restored my faith in RR swaps. Heh.

o
Oh yeah...

Did I mention how well the plants were packaged by dirt?!? They're all healthy! One swap this year was such a disappointment. A box showed up literally stuffed with plants. Problem was the person wrapped the entire plant, including the foliage, with wet newspaper. Half the plants were rotten by the time it reached me. :( If only that girl knew it only took a little effort to package plants properly like dirt did.

On a brighter note... this is my "costume" for work this year:

o

Wow, Klick! That sounds like a GREAT box!! I've swapped with April before, and she's always fantastic to trade with!! Such a sweetie, too!
Glad to hear that your faith has been restored! RR's just wouldn't be the same without ya!!! :O)

o

Klick! That is a great goody Box! I love everything! April is a fantastice partner! Awesome packaging not to mention labeling! She is great!

Good Job April! Woo hoo! How is the mouth feeling today? I hope the root canal went smoothly. How are the kiddos? I hope they are feeling better and not running you down.

Becki, I was never a fan of history in school. It was all dates and timelines. Couldn't keep all of it straight so I tuned a lot of it out. Now that I am an old broad, I sit up late and watch the History Channel! I love learning about the battles, who the leaders were, stories of the actual men and women that made contributions to the war efforts. It has been a surprising change to me.

o

Tracy - that's funny! As I read Fishy's post about being able to learn what you want to learn as an adult, I thought, you know, I'm sadly just not interested in learning a lot about history. I know that it's important, and things I should know, but really doesn't interest me, and never has. Hopefully as I get older, it will! But, I certainly do feel that I am learning constantly! Like gardening - I am constantly learning new things! I know WAY more than I did when I started, and there is SO MUCH more to learn!!

Klick - your box sounds awesome! Sounds like you did a great job, April!!! Fun, fun!

o

fishymamas .... I sent an email request yesterday for your home addy... Did you get it?

Paula

o

Paula,

I just sent fishy's addy to you. I still have it from our last exchange.

Tracy

o

Wow dirt, that was quick turnaround time for that great box! You must have used an express broom. I hope the rest of this swap goes as smoothly.

o

Hi everyone!
Just dropping in to let diene know that her box went out this morning, dc# 03070020000171433243.
I haven't had time to post much, but I do come on and keep up with everyone! I'll be back later :)

o
My hubby

Hey, girls! I just wanted to ask if you could maybe say a quick prayer for my hubby. He is having such a tough time. No, it's not his health (though that is never the best), but mentally, things are just piling up on him. Money is ALWAYS scarce for us - that's nothing unusual. But, he builds hay feeders that he designed, and delivers them. He has 4 feeders that need to go to Tuscon, AZ and should have been there several weeks ago. The problem is that his truck needed a new motor, he didn't think it would make it all the way to Arizona and back. So, last week he bought an older truck that had a rebuilt engine in it, and has been in the process of swapping motors in them (all in an effort to save money, of course - thank goodness he trained to be a mechanic!) Well, he was all ready to put the "new" motor into his truck this morning, and he called me a little bit ago and said that as he was lifting it (using a cherry picker borrowed from a friend - no I really don't know what a cherry picker is, but that's what he calls it), the chain broke that was holding the engine. So, he says it messed up the motor and the cherry picker (borrowed). He is pretty upset about it, understandably. Plus things just keep piling up on him. Our stupid billy goat got out again overnight, and we need to get him, but he hasn't had the time yet, and I can't do it myself (I'm not even sure the two of us will be able to do so.) And not being able to deliver these feeders is making it so he's not making any money, so it is just really all adding up on him. So, if you could all have some good thoughts about him, I would really appreciate it! I hate how tough life is for him sometimes!

o

Hello All!!! Klick I like your costume.So glad you got your box.See I'm doing the happy danceEditingMySpace.com,Your one stop graphic spotMyspace Layouts & Graphics
The express broom works great when you buddy lives in same state!
Plus root canal went good. Only pain I have is where the needle went in,but have some meds if it gets too bad. He drilled down through the crown,didn't charge me from the filling when he was done. He felt bad about it all.
Hoping all bee stings are better.
Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

beckilove... my prayers are with you and your husband. *hugs*

dirt... yeah, it doesn't hurt that you live so close-by. :) I'm also thrilled that all the plants you sent me are heat/drought tolerant. Gosh, this summer was murder on the plants!

Just a quick drop-in. I'm finishing up some homework, then have to go to work for a one-hour meeting. At least I get paid to go. Otherwise, it's a pain to drive there for just one hour.

o

I am sorry Becky! I am sending all the good karma I can muster your way.

o

Oh no, Becki!! That's awful!! :O( I know the relationship between men and all things mechanical..and know that is going to affect his attitude for a LONG time to come!! Sending lots and LOTS of prayers your way!!
AND HUGS!!!!

Cherry Picker (engine hoist):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Hi Ladies,

Becki you and your family are in our prayers! My prayers are with those that are ill also.

My server was down yesterday so I wasn't able to post or email. Its really pretty here so I have been doing some seed planting. There is still enough time here to get some good herbs going whooohoo not to mention some flowers too!!! I still need to find some sppookkyy plants to send.

Well going to get outside and do some watering, hopefully we will get some rain this weekend. I did clean my pond yesterday and did some work on the plants around it. I think I have some baby koi but not sure yet. I just love to sit around my pond in the fall when the weather gets cooler so gotta get it all cleaned up for winter.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Thanks, everyone! And thanks for the picture, Melissa! He just came home for lunch and says he thinks everything will be okay, after some work. He is thinking he will still be able to make it work. Thank goodness! We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I think all your thoughts and prayers helped! What a great bunch of gals! : )

o

Hi girls,

Becki, I am so sorry to hear that He is having such a bad day! I hope it does all work out and he can get everything up and running again. Sending prayers! As for the billy goat, time to get a working dog to nip at his heels all the way home!

Pixie, Glad to see you back! We missed you yesterday!

April, I bet you are feeling so much better! Yay! No charge, excellent! Very nice Doctor! Got to love it. Jack's face swelled again this morning, called the doctor, waiting to hear back on any thoughts he has. We'll see.

o

Halloween Cliparts

DOUBLE DOUBLE
TOIL AND TROUBLE
FIRE BURN AND
CAULDRON BUBBLE.
EYE OF NEWT,
AND TOE OF FROG,
WOOL OF BAT
AND TONGUE OF DOG!!

Halloween Glitter Graphics

LOOK OUT TRACY.... POURING THE CONTENTS OF THE CAULDRON INTO YOUR BOX!!!! SPOOKY SPOOKY

o
Long awaited for picture

I found it finally, here is Callie in her pink shades!!!

o

Callie is a cutie!

I won't be around to post the next game at 6, so I am going to go ahead and post it now. Everyone will have until 6:00 Eastern tomorrow evening to post their answer.
As soon as I post the rules I will post a photo of a candy jar full of candy corn. Your job is to guess how many pieces of candy are in the jar. I counted the candy on Saturday when I filled this jar and logged the number on a piece of paper which I placed in my desk drawer.

The rules:
1. You just get one guess. You cannot post a guess and then revise it, so be sure before you post.
2. The one who gets closest to the exact number without going over wins. If you guess more than the number in the jar, you automatically lose. (If everyone goes over, we will go with the closest number.)
3. You have to guess a unique number. Two people cannot choose the same number.
The winner wins a really nice prize, which you may have already guessed. I will be specific when I announce the winner. I could tell you now, but that would not be as much fun(for me).

o
Good Luck!

o

awww Thank you Alana. We lost her this summer from poison, a gift from a neighbor who was mad at me for turning them in for fighting pit bulls. Sad Sad. This is a good game, I am going to do some "research" before I answer. Pulling out the big guns on this one. (means Imma gonna ask the guys to help me out here)

Alana did you get the email I sent you?

Smiles everyone and have a punkin of a day!!!

o

Pixie, I hate that about Callie! I lost a dear Boxer in a similar way. I had a neighbor who liked to prowl the neighborhood after dark and he did not appreciate it when Boo Radley let me know he was lurking. Rat poison was what the Vet opined; a painful death for my friend. Okay. I don't have proof positive it was him, but I am confident of it.

Pix, I did not get an email from you today. Are you referring to one a few days ago? I responded at length if you are. Let me know if you did not get a response and I will try forwarding it to you. I almost felt bad about what I said, but recent posts made me think I was right all along. Maybe.

Good luck everyone!

o
Alana

let me resend the one I sent yesterday I think it was or the day before. I know the one you are referring to and no that wasn't it. :)

o
When you are in a hurry, keep your big mouth shut, as it were.

I can't seem to make it out the door. I decided to come back and post a disclaimer regarding the post I just left to Pixie.
When I said: "I almost felt bad about what I said, but recent posts made me think I was right all along. Maybe.", I was not referring to anything remotely related to this swap, this group, or anyone or anything in this swap or this group....just in case I piqued anyone's curiosity.

o

Okay, I"m going to put my guess in here....although I"m not participating in the swap. (hope that's OK??) :O) But just for fun, I"m going to say

o

Pixie! you better not put tongue of dog in there!!!! NO NO!
RUN REBS AND MUD! RUNNNNNN! DON'T LET YOUR MAMA PUT YOUR TONGUES IN THAT BREW!

Sheesh, Pixie! I hope you aren't pouring that goob in my box! Blech! The postman will show up at my door with a close pin on his nose and big rubber gloves on!

Well, after completely discounting the fluffy bunny's guess... and consulting with Mr. Ed, my guess is (drum roll, please) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

I am going to say hhhhmmmm no fancy #'s here but oh well here goes....

o

glitter logo maker - http://www.sparklee.com

Myspace Comments
April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

ok after I have posted this everywhere but here

My Number is 117

o

Hubby says 103, he's better at math than I am. Address showed up, you were getting dumped into my junkmail folder.

Oh Becki, it's so rough on the men when they feel they're not measuring up as "providers" (yes even Mr. Fishy feels the need to do the hunter-gather thing, despite me able to support us).

I'll try and hit to post office between classes tomorrow, so early next week Poi.

~fishy

o

My guess:

o

Awww..Tracy...Do you discount EVERYTHING the bunny says??

What's wrong with what bunny says??? :O(
*sniff*
I've been discounted....!
*sniff*

o

Oh NOOOO! I didn't mean to hurt the poor bunny's feelings! Let me get you a tissue! Now here you go, BLOW!

I'm sorry! Big Numbers scare me! :o)

o

specially if'n they are numbers ya have to shave a head to see!!! My Bday is 6-20-66 but at least I have a 20 in front so I aint the devil child!!!!

o
Only Because,

It was the Devils Number...

o

But I'm an ANGEL!!! :O)

Don't be sceered of a number!!!!

o

Ok, I feel better now, I won't be sceered no more! I pwomise! I will have COURAGE!

o

Guys my niece was born 6-5-06 on west coast time,east coast when I got the news it was 6-6-06. Not only that but she has albinism(sp)So she has this WHITE hair and in most photos her eyes are red & glowing . I give my sister grief over it all the time.That's what us big sisters do!

o

Boy,You miss a day or two here and you miss alot. Poison ,I'm almost ready to send your creepy crawlies-er ,I mean your box.I need your addy when you get a chance to send it.My guess is 144.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
Happy late Birthday Alana!!! :'}}

man, i tell ya!! get your internet all messed up and leave plants in the air ant tracy really leaves ya hangin!! i didn't get no emails or any quiz's, she wanted to make sure i didn't get the quize!! LOL :')) TOTALLY KIDDING!!! been busy with them kids!! LOL we have identified some insects, birds, butterflies, and leafs. everyday we do something different. our science and pe. LOL but the funny thing is, all on different days, the stuff shows up. LOL not when they are supposed too. he he just being difficult i suppose! although we have found alot of dead snakes and possums! and frogs!! of course they gotta stand there and really look at it and try to figure it out, i'm thinking puke puke!! :')) thank you fishy for the edhelper, he's in the 6th grade and any help is GREATLY appreciated. talla won't let me hang up the bird feeder, it's special!! LOL she loves the look of it, and its pink!! hubby fixed us up with broadband, yay!! i'm old but not slow!!! yeeehaw!! LOL seee i'm under my name! i'm so happy! but i had to call embarq to set the whole thing up, cuz hubby had to go to work, so i did something without him having to come behind me and fix it!! so i'm really happy!!

o

IT'S A BOY!!!.........AND...........IT'S A GIRL!!!
Yep, one of each for my daughter. That is what she was hoping for too. She is in her 26th week right now. The little boy weighs in at a whopping 1# 15oz. while the little girl is at 2# 1oz.
They said that both look healthy and active and the fact that they are so close in size is a good thing - that neither of them seems to have any obvious problems.
This makes it so much more fun for me to try to plan those flower gardens I want to make for them....now I can go bold and blue and dainty and pink! woohoo! Now to figure out what I want to put in them and go out and find them somewhere. Any suggestions? Tentatively the names will be Caitlyn JoAnne and Michael Scott....definately subject to change at this point. (she really like Cameron Scott for the boy, but her hubby doesn't like 'Cameron')
Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. If you see this in any other lists, just ignore me - I'm a proud granny-to-be and I want to share the joy!
Talk to you all soon.
Carol B

o

Medo!

I'm going to beat you if you keep telling these girls that! She didn't answer my emails for 3 days! Sheesh! Thought she fell into a hole and couldn't climb out and even enlisted poor bunny on the search and rescue mission! I was a good girl and gave you messages and posted stuff and everything! Then my email goes on the fritz Saturday (probably caught a bug from you!!!) and she is accusing me of sabotage! Sheesh! I get no respect I tell YA!

o

Tracy..It's more like......

:O) :O)

o

Okay, I'd better make my guess. This is tough! I will guess:

Becki

o

Bunny,
Does that make Medontdo Lucy to my Charlie Brown? Is she going to pull the football out from under me? I hate it when I fall on my bum! No fun at all!!! LOL!

o
ewww guess what i got in the mail today???

hmmm....a big box!
**a bottle of sludge**
**some creepy bats,cats, moons, stars color clings **
**bats centerpiece foil**
**sprinkles 2 kinds**
**3 danglers 2 pumkins and 1 ghost**
**1pkg tea citronola candles**
**2 pages of stickers pumkins and scarcrows**
**2 bottle tealight holders purle** so cool!!! i'm so gonna love these!! :'))

**a little notepad which has mysterously dissapeared** hmmm.. i wonder which girl took off with it?? LOL

**narcissus** double assorted cool looking!!
**iris oriental beauty** can't wait to see it!!
**tulip pinocchio** can't wait to see it!!
**tulip pink impression** can't wait
** tulip ol liovles sp** can't wait

man!! that's so awesome!! i was kidding about the sludge!! although that woulda been pretty darned cool!! LOL thanks becki!! your so awesome!! i love the the package! i had to save it from the kids though!! LOL dad had to save the box for me! he was like that's your mom's ya know!! i was surprised!! LOL but as soon as it was opened and they saw all the goodies it was fair game!! LOL
i think becki is still a kid at heart, or maybe she had her kids pick it out!! LOL :')) that's what i need to do if paya has any kids!! LOL

o

OMG Michele! You had me worried! I'm sitting her thinking, what the heck did I send that she thinks is SLUDGE???? I was so scared that something didn't make it and turned to sludge! Ewww! You stinker!

I'm glad you liked the box! Oh, yes, I am still a kid at heart. In fact my husband always tells me I need to grow up!

Becki

o
RE: UPDATE: my guess is..........

well I've been putting this off long enough! I'm so afraid of going over! My guess is.......

If I go over, my hubby is to blame. I asked his opinion.
(what am I thinking!? lol) My original number was MUCH lower. His was actually higher than this guess. I thought he was nuts! Oh well, its all in fun!!

A little catching up:
klick, I love the MNF pic
ctack, Congrats! on the grandbabies
Becki, I hope everythig turned out well for your hubby!
to everyone with illnesses/and or boo boos, hope your feeling better soon!

o

Hmmm. Careful with that sludge, Medont!!! :O)

o

Woo hoo! I got my box for Diene this morning! Thank you so much, girl! What an awesome box! There is a tube of lotion and a garden stone that says "When we grow, we love." Very sweet! Also included are plants (whew - hope I get them all):

Bleeding Heart
Turtle Heads (Chelome)
Tiger Lily Bulb
Lily Bulbets
Osiris Bulb
Large Daylilies
Small Daylilies
Lavender Bearded Iris
Lams Ear (Monardo)
Peperomia (Obtusifolia varigata)

With a recipe of exactly how to plant them!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Diene! I will thoroughly enjoy them all!

Becki

o

What an absolutely fantastic couple of boxes Becki and Michele! Beautiful! Too funny that michele scared you about the goo! lol! All of the plants, bulbs, rhizomes sound amazing! I really need to get my goodies packed up and on the road!!!

o

Wow! Everyone is getting such GREAT boxes!!! :O)
I love living vicariously through you girls!!!! LOL

o

What great boxes everyone is receiving!

Just a little over an hour and a half to place your bets. I mean make your guesses.....

o

Evening, ladies! Just popping in to let you all know that I'll be working for the next couple of nights and won't be online much. If you've sent me an email it may take me a few days to respond. Don't want to hurt any feelings. :)

G'night!

o

Kalena, you and your husband can share a high five! There were 265 candy corns in that jar! Congratulations!

Your prize is a whole 2nd box. You get your box from your partner, and Sandy will be sending her entire box to you.
She has been busy with a houseguest, but is waiting to hear who she is sending to. Please send your address to me and I will forward it to her with her instructions. She was a really good sport about being the "grand prize."
Medo could have had a chance to be the winner if only Tracy would keep the poor girl updated....
Thanks for another fun game!
Alana

o

glitter - http://www.sparklee.com

glitter logo maker
That's a pretty cool prize idea Alana. This swap totally ROCKS!
Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Sputter! But! Hey! I! You booger Alana!!!! Better be a prize for being the Butt of all the Jokes! PHFLBBBBBBBBT!

o

Carol - Great! I'd like to send a lil something over to you for the babies.

Dirt, box is on it's way tomorrow, as I'm running next to the PO. There;s some tricks and some treats in there for you. Muhahahaha...ha.

glitter-graphics.com

o

Yippeeee!!!!! I'm so happy!!!! I couldn't wait for the last of my daycare children to go home so I could check out who won. I really thought my number would be over. I'll send you an email poison. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

o

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Yay! Good job, Kalena!!
(and here I thought I was soooo close!!! LOL) :O)

o

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

WHOOOOHOOOO WAY TO GO SUPERWOMAN KALENA!!!!!!!

ANOTHER GREAT GAME ALANA!!!!

o

o
And for the rest of You'se

o

Be nice there, Tracy!
Or I'll whack you with my magic ugly parrot head umbrella!!

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Good job Kalena!

o

Great job, Kalena! I'm very happy for you!! Wow!!!

Well, I went to farmer's market tonight after taking about 2 months off - we just didn't have enough eggs for a while, and then it just wasn't working out with our schedules. Anyway, I got there and the guy next to me was selling canned jams! I watched him for a while, and he was really friendly to me, so I finally said to him - It was my understanding the home preserved foods were not allowed here. Did I misunderstand that? And he said they told him to bring it, when he asked about it. So..... Guess whose plan just went into overdrive? There are only 2 weeks left of farmer's market, so I am going to make the most of it! Dave will be out of town next week starting on Monday, through Wednesday or Thursday, so I will be baking and making preserves every minute I can! I am going to make lots of my strawberry kiwi preserves that everone who tries them loves. And I am going to make lots of thumbprint cookies for people to sample it on (thanks, Fishy!!) Plus, I was already planning on lots of baking, getting ready for the holidays, so watch out in my kitchen this week! I am so excited!

Fishy - did you get my email the other day about changing things? If not, please let me know, so I can resend it! Thanks, doll!

Busy, busy! Talk to you all soon!

Becki

o

Becki that sounds wonderful!!!! You are going to be busy as a lil bee sweetie, I hope you sell all of the preserves and things you take to the farmers market.

o

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

BECKI
BBrilliant
EExotic
CChatty
KKind
IInventive
By GlitterYourWay.com

o

Becki, That is fantastic! I am super excited for you and hope you sell out quick!

o

whooohoooo November 10th is Fort Bend's Plant swap!!! This will be the first one I go to but I AM going!!!! Already excited about it!

o
Et Tu Bunny?

Look at what Bunny had that mean old Mary Poppins do to me! I'm all cracked up! Where are all the kings horses and all the kings men? Please put me back together again!

o
Peace offering!

o
Hey Klick!

Thought you might like one of these!

o
Missy Bunny!

Does that mean I am not going to get whacked with your umbrella anymore? Ok, then I will give you a hug too!

Smiles!
Tracy

o
?? For me ??

o
Bunny Bonus

I will blow you some kisses too!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Hey silly girl, you're in charge of the new thread this time! Just so we don't play "who's gonna do it, her or me?" LOL

o
Oh Boy!

Yay! New Thread!!!! :O)

o
New Thread

So I am starting a new thread. :O)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here