Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

UPDATE: Blooming Friends-October Swap-Bulbs! Player List!

remy_gw
17 years ago

Hi all,

So here is the list!

Jeanette/Number 1 Angel..sends to Susie/Skohler

Susie/Skholer...................sends to Char/FaithinFrogs

Char/Faith in Frogs...........sends to Susann/DizzyDaffodil

Susann/DizzyDaffodil........sends to MaryEllen/Mellen

MaryEllen/Mellen.............sends to Nancy/CedarNest

Nancy/CedarNest............sends to Jenell/LunaMoon

Jenell/LunaMoon..............sends to Michelle/Micke

Michelle/Micke................sends to Deb/Debbya

Deb/Debbya....................sends to Tina/HummingbirdDaisy

Tina/HummingbirdDaisy....sends to Maureen/IrishRoseGrower

Maureen/IrishRoseGrower..sends to Jeanette/Number 1 Angel

Beth/Beth B Kodiak..........sends to Remy/Remy

Remy/Remy.....................sends to Shirley/BrittneysGran

Shirley/BrittneysGran..........sends to Julie/TastefullyJulie

Julie/TastefullyJulie............sends to Maryanne/Earthlydelights

Maryanne/EarthlyDelights..sends to Carol/Veeja11

Carol/Veeja11..................sends to Jules/Klickitat

Jules/Klickitat...................sends to Susan/Giverny4me

Susan/Giverny4me.............sends to Sue G./Sguanzon

Sue G./Sguanzon...............sends to Kim/Lil Green Thumb

Kim/Lil Green Thumb........sends to Theresa/Theresa24

Theresa/Theresa24.............sends to Diane/SassyD

Diane/SassyD....................sends to Beth/Beth B Kodiak

For some weird reason the amount of dots to make staight lines is not the same in the preview as when I type it, humm?

Anyway, that's it! It is the way they came out of the bowl. I hope everyone is excited about who they have!

On the last thread Maryanne wrote a nice long note to a bunch of people at the end so please go back and read the last posts!

Thanks Everyone,

Remy

Comments (150)

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Earthly you sent me too much already, just e-mail me the recipe for the starter mix and instructions and I will be happy, just wanted to make sure I was a friend, i have insecurieties along with bad spelling, hugs carol

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Maureen, I'm praying for your family too. This seems to have been a tough week for alot of people I know. My 12-year-old son's basketball coach who was a 19-year old sweetheart was killed monday in a horrible car wreck. He was the nicest guy you could ever want to know. He was a great mentor for these boys. Just doesn't make sense.

I chose the lady in purple because I, too, mostly resemble the lady in green. But she is so beautiful too!!!! Like all of us!

How do you do these graphics? I've just got to learn! Did I miss that post?

Theresa

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi ladies short trip but what a great time even for the two Great nights away with My Best 5 closest friends in the world :)) from kinderygarden through graduation :))
    there was 7 of us but 2 passed away , but the 5 of us still take a day or So away just for ourself :)) away from our families & jobs just to be together.
    I bet that hotel won't let us book a room there no more :)))

anyway Just look at what Tina & Carol Has started.
    you gals are realy going for the browny points :)))
    they all are realy super logo's
    But just remember No G at the end & it is OUR :)))
    Group

remy: you may have to start a new thread just for posting the boxes .

& carol you may have to start one for The logo contest :))
    Remy : I had time after I got home to send out your Hostess Gift so you should have it Monday :)) .

well I still have to unpack & All my babies are wanting to get to me :)) will try to pop back on later if I can .

Maureen ,so sorry about your family , just found out my brother in florida fall off a ladder & a 2x6 landed on his arm as he fell & it shadder the bone so he was haven surgery yesterday on that so have to call him tonight .

great job ladies

susie

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Ok, so I guess I win! I'm the only one who's logo says "our bloomin friends" ;)

• klickitat
    17 years ago

All of my logos can be changed according to the correct title. If one wins, it will be adjusted. :)

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Earthly,

I made my bread and passed the starter out dutifully to some close friends here. Kept my part and I'll soon have more starter to pass on. What a lovely idea . . . and my family loves the bread. Everything is growing well here now. Finally is getting down in the low 90's and into the 60's at night - we have a big swing of temps here. So my plants are liking it . . . .

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

I received a fabulous box from CedarNest today. She sent me Crocosmia, Bearded Iris 'Sky Hooks', Rainbow Sorbet Tulips, dark purple Bearded Iris, Golden Ducat Double Daffodils, white & pink flecked Peony plus a Sago Palm.

Many thanks Nancy for a wonderful box! I can't wait to see everything bloom in the spring!

Jenell

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Goodnight ladies, chat more tomorrow.
    Hugs, Tina

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good Morning All,
    Today is voting day.
    Looks like we got some last minute entries from Tina: )
    Are we suppose to send our vote to Carol or post here?
    I think we should wait to see what our friend Carol says.

Maureen,
    I your family is in my thoughts.

Susie,
    That's great that you still get together with your friends from old school days. Mine are all over the country, and some didn't even come for the 20 year high school reunion: (

Maryanne,
    The bread is great, very good for fall. The plate makes more sense now too, lol! I hope the doggies are used to the collars now. It is funny how they can whine just like people.

Jenell,
    That's a nice box you got! No Bubba, but you did get a horny iris, lol.

Patty,
    Hi, nice of you to stop by: ) It sounds like you are way too busy! Hope you are getting a bit of time to relax.

Have a good day,
    Remy

• skohler
    17 years ago

Ladies I believe carol is going to start a new forum for the votes , later today .

so you may still have time to change or submit
    more logo's here :))

have a great day all I'm going to the october fest
    in town today . back later
    susie

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

You are most welcome Jenell.Glad you enjoyed it.I just love putting boxes together. : )

Oh it looks like voting is today! So many Great Logos. It will be a Really Tough decision!

Well I have my Nieces wedding to attend today.She is getting married by the lake.Silly me bought an outfit for a normal (Cool)October day in Nebraska and Mother Nature decided at the last minute to throw an upper 80's temp day in for us with lots of wind.Got to scurry and find something different to wear now.Grrrrrr!!
    Have a Great Weekend Ladies! Nancy

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Yes, I'm crazy...

{{gwi:1301906}}

{{gwi:1301907}}

{{gwi:1301908}}

{{gwi:1301910}}

{{gwi:1301911}}

{{gwi:1301912}}

{{gwi:1301913}}

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

yes klick, you are crazy...but i love all the graphics. there are 5 of yours i absolutely love.

i'm trying to narrow it down to at least three choices, but i am having a hard time with 8 different ones. at least there is more time to think about it before the voting starts and ends.

excellent idea tina...hope you get a prize just for thinking about it :)

it's cold and rainy here today. a good day for having the oven on, my house smells great. anyone hungry?

be well,
    maryanne

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Just so I can say I tried....
    and all copyrights are given to the group.

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi again,
    I just had to come back and post. I was at the cottage at Grand Island planting mostly daylilies and iris. Anyway, I come home and there is a pkg. from Jules/Klickitat here. Again, another way too generous Bloomin' Friend! She put a Verbena bonariensis plant in with a very nice soup mix and herb bread mix! Food and a plant, what could be better? : )
    Thank you Jules.
    To everyone who has posted for the Bloomin' Friends pic. Great Job! You're all winners!
    Maryanne,
    I'll be right over. I'm starving from all the weeding and planting!
    My grandmother is taking Gary and I out for our anniversary tonight, so I will eat good in a little while, lol.
    Remy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Good afternoon lovies!

I wanted to mention that the first banner, if for some reason, someone likes it, can easily be changes to "Our Bloomin' Friends".

All of the logos are just beautiful!

Happy Be-lated Anniversary Remy! Sorry it took so long to post that. I meant to post it every single time I was here, but my forgetful mind........what was I saying? LoL

Maureen - I heard about my bulbs yesterday, and they should be here withinthe next 10 days! So, I will wait and put those in.

I can't believe that I haven't ordered or picked up any daffs or tulips yet this year. I wish I could find some of those purple and yellow frits, or the checkered lilies in a store. I don't want to order them thru the mail. It's probably too late to order bulbs now anyway. I have only received one catalog, and it was for seed.
    I harvested alot more echinacea seeds yesterday.

We are forecasted for snow Thursday, and a low of 26 and the high of 36! If that wasn't a downer! :-(
    Too early. Today it's in the low 80's. Go figure huh.

I look forward to seeing who wins the log contest!

Be back later,
    Tina

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

So many of the logos are beautiful and I love the one of the old ladies at tea
    But,
    I vote for the bumpy broads in their beach dresses.
    If i'm not in mygarden I want to be wherever they are!

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Hi ladies! Finally, after a nice nap I'm back online. Probably ought to go grocery shopping later, too.

I think all the designs are delightful and can't wait to see the results of the poll. It'll be nice to have our very own logo. :)

The weather has finally turned to cooler weather!!! Now I can get myself out there and complete my Fall project.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

• skohler
    17 years ago

hi ladies
    just wanted to share my goodie box from jeanette (Number_1_Angel) thank you a bunch :)))
    The coco was great just had it tonight after I came in from working out side a bit :)))
    susie
    {{gwi:1301916}}

the flowers are my dahlia from the garden & the black rose
    from jeanette :)))
    my favoret is the teddy bear & cup :))) sorry it all look so dark .

• veeja11
    17 years ago

ok there is a new thread to post your entries on and vote nice work, good luck ladies

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My box from Michelle (Micke) arrived on Saturday. Sorry I didn't have a chance to post right away. I've been feverishly preparing the yard for winter, doing some last minute mulching, harvesting seeds, etc, and bringing in all my outdoor plants. Chilly temperatures are coming, plus snow.. 30*. Yuck.. I'm not ready for winter!

The wonderful box Michelle sent made me wish for spring! I'm debating on if I should plant them tomorrow (the last nice day for now) or wait until spring.

Let me tell you about all the really neat things Michelle sent.
    Amaryllis "Minerva" bulb, Lilac Perfection Tulip bulbs (a couple), few "Royal Treat" tulip bulbs, "Golden Parade" tulip bulb, "Ivory Floradale" tulip bulb, "Orange Brilliant" Tulip (couple of bulbs), cute picket fence box for holding seeds or violet tools. ;)
    Kaleidescope Tulip 5 bulbs, couple of each-Tulip bulbs.."First class" "Double Dazzle. Cute notebook to write all these 'bulb' notes in! Hoho lipgloss, "Country Dreams" candle (smells really good), and a couple of "Darwin Hybrid" tulip bulbs.

That's it.. Now you see why I needed a while online to type up everything sent!

Thanks sooo much Michelle, I really enjoyed your box!

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Maybe we should start a new thread for posting whenwe send and receive. This one is getting mighty long!

Remy, I planted the hycinths today in my courtyard garden that you sent me back in the spring. I kept them potted an in the shade all summer. They look excellent! Thank you. I can't wait to see them next spring!

Nice box Deb. Do you have a place ready for those tulips yet? I gotta question for ya. I have some lily bulbs that I am not sure where i want to put them back in yet. How would I store these for the winter? Put them in the garage where it does get very cold, but they won't freeze? Refridgerate them? I sure don't want to lose them. I've had them for a very long time. They were my moms favorite, especially the yellow.
    Are you still predicted for snow Thursday? Ours has changed to wind and rain. Still the same TOO COLD temps, but no snow. We'll see........ can't see too much rain in 39 degree, north wind weather. But, who knows. Right!?!

Have a wonderful week all ~
    Tina

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

I'm getting the finishing touches dizzydaffodil/Susann on the box then it's on it's way. Hope the snow doesn't to soon here but they're talkin already next week maybe. Bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I gotta get the lawn furniture in the pole shed yet, and, and, and... the long list of winterizing. Arggg.

Peace
    Char

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Seems everyone is busy trying to get things done in the garden before it gets too cold! I did mow and stuff myself yesterday. The weather here is beautiful right now, a warm 70 and sunny!
    Wow, a couple more nice boxes have been sent! I'm glad to see everyone is very happy so far: )
    Susie,
    You got a nice table full of goodies!
    Deb,
    All those tulips are going ot make you're garden look great next spring!
    Tina,
    You're going to love the hyacinths, and they will look and smell better each year as they multiply.
    You can keep bulbs stored out of the ground at refridgerator temps, but I personally like to get them in the ground. If weather is just too cold, sometimes that happens early, I wait for that nice day that always seems to happen to plant them. They can be planted any time the ground is not frozen, so except for the far north people, that is awhile yet.
    We still got a bit of room on this thread. I would like to start off the new post with the winning logo: )
    Remy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Ah, great idea about starting off the new threa with the winning logo!

I knew I had posted somewhere about the hyacinths, LoL. So, now there are two! I planted them so they will be one of the first you'll see either coming up to the front door, or walking out the front door!
    I just love hyacinth. I would love to get my hands on some yellow ones someday.

Have a good day ladies!
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

WOW deb, snow? certainly is way too soon. weather is the biggest reason i am "winterizing" now. you just never know from one day to the next what the weather is going to be like. i'm afraid i'd never get it all done by the time real winter hit. soon i'm going to have to start on the houseplants. i keep forgetting to pick up new potting soil and i certainly don't have an area ready inside to bring them in. yet. it never ends, does it?

what a beautiful day we are having today. it's bright and sunny. just the other day, iot was sooooo cold and raining.

this is the first year i have grown morning glories. i just love them. each day brings a new shade and i think a lot has to do with the weather. just today there's one lone white one. other times i get this gorgeous blue and a deep purple. i'm not looking forward to cutting them down when the growing season is over, as they are all entwined in lattice.

all the boxes sound great. looking forward to hearing about the others and finding out the logo winner.

off to lunch with my niece, be well all, happy blooms
    maryanne

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Susie (SKolher)--what did you mix in that coco anyway??? Hahahahaha!! I am sending you a box of baked goodies -- So someone else needs to get the credit for these goodies!!!!
    I will be baking and mailing them out this week tho--so watch for the postman!! I did get your WONDERFUL box and will be listing all that you sent tomorrow--I forgot to bring the list to work with me!
    Jeanette

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I'm getting restless waiting for the bulbs I ordered to arrive. I know the one company refused to mail before Oct 15th so I have a while to wait.
    Remmy I hope it is not too chilly in NY for you to plant them when I am finally able to send.
    Today has been positively beautiful. We had about 5 inches of rain Fri and Sat but it has all soaked in already. The soil is so soft and easy to pull weeks. PERFECT for working outside.
    My fall veggies are looking good and the fall waterlily crocous are blooming. The pond in nearly full and the frogs are definately slowing down Fall is in the air and it is totally welcome. It's my favorite season and I'm hopeing for a beautiful Indian Summer.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Fall--I love everything about fall--EXCEPT-- everything DIES-- and so I feel meloncoly--the crickets and locusts are singing a sad song now and they are predicting 25 degrees and snow flurries wed/thurs!!! That means moving and potting up houseplants from my deck and covering what I can outside--Wow-thats a lot of work!! The weekend is supposed to be nice--I hope that will start a LONG Indian Summer--hope you have a nice long one too Beth! Just rambling-sorry
    Jeanette

• skohler
    17 years ago

jeanette
    when I got the box there was No Note No name on
    return address no note in the box as to where it came
    from just an IA post mark & so I thought it was from
    you .

& then after getting your note I see it had to had been from the halloween swap . so Now I have it straighten
    out :))

I hope sweetkitten will forgive me :)) but its very important to put cards or note's as to the name of
    the swap in the box .

looking forward to seeing dadys face when he gets
    your box :)) I even let him open the box from sweetkitten :) he's like a kid pulling things out of the box :))
    well gals its been a long day out in the sun I need
    to get my shower & lay back :)) Have a great evening .

susie

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Maryanne,

I have your box all wrapped up and ready to go. I thought I was mailing it today but then I realized, drat!, it's Columbus day so I probably won't get to the post office until Wednesday. Although, if it's at all possible to go there tomorrow I will. I'll post the DC# when I do.

Julie

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Evening! I'm beat from another long day at work. Heading to bed to get some rest for tomorrow. Argh.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Theresa - just so you know - i am still waiting on a bulb shipment to come in....blah im impatient!!
    ~Kimberly

• micke
    17 years ago

Debbya=I am glad you liked your box! sorry about the mixup with 4 of the bulbs, but little fingers are busy fingers, I am lucky he only pulled the slips out of those two!
    of course he pulled them out of the original bags, so I have 4 bulbs that I don't know which are which either.
    micke

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Hi girls! Sounds like some enviable boxes have gone out! If all goes well, I will be shipping mine out tomorrow. I also need to spray down the area that is my Fall project. Over the weekend I'll be transplanting tons of plants into a very desolate area of my yard.

All work and no play makes klickitat a...

Hope everyone has had a great week thus far!!!! My week has been wonderful so far and I'm off tomorrow!!! How good is that?!?

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    After a long day at work, I got home today to find a wonderful hostess box from Susie! Another way to generous box! She included a Cactus Dalia 'Camano Messenger' with a bloom so I would know what it looks like. Even though it was past its prime, I can see it is gorgeous. She also included a Space Coast 'Etreme Fashion' Daylily. In the Halloween theme there was a pumpkin candle, Halloween kitchen towel/ pot holder set, and Jack-o-lantern Earrings. I will definitely wear them for the trick or treaters. We really do up the house with lights and fog, etc. Lastly there was a sticker sheet pkg. I love them. I have a weird thing with decorating bubble envelopes, lol.
    So as you can see, Susie was way generous!
    Thank you Susie!
    Beth,
    I'm still waiting on my shipment from Scheepers also! I did order amaryllis for my old relatives with this order. Last year hardly any good ones were left when I made a late Nov. order for them. So I wonder if that is why they haven't sent yet to me. Anyway, the weather has been mild here, and even if it gets cold, it always warms up again: )
    Remy

• skohler
    17 years ago

your welcome remy :))
    thank you for being a great hostess :))

glad it arrived was about to send out the national guards to find the box :))
    the daylily was( extreme fashion) just in case I misspelled on the tag :(

susie

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Remy-Your hostess gift went out today. Hope you like it. Thank you so much for hosting this Month.

Jules-Got you postage money for the cannas. Will be sending this week (hopefully). Had a ladies ministry meeting tonight and church will be tomorrow night so maybe I can dig the rest Thursday evening and ship Friday.

Shirley

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Hi everybody!

Beth, your package was shipped today!!!! Just got an email, she didn't give me a confirmation # but I know they were shipped. I had her send yours directly to you, they are being shipped from Ohio. I sure hope you like my choices and that your weather is still ok.

Remy....haven't forgotten you dear! I promise!

• sassyd
    17 years ago

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the truck, the car, fishing, always something more important to me.
    Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point. When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a few minutes. When I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. "When you finish cutting the grass," I said, "you might as well sweep the sidewalk."

The doctors say I will walk again.... but I will ALWAYS have a limp!

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

LoL Sassyd, When I first started reading that, I thought to myself "YOUR WIFE!????" "Sassy, you drag queen you" Ha!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

SassyD,
    Too cute!

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Michelle~ Between having a sick baby and work, I haven't been able to get your box out yet . Hopefully, it will go out this weekend.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Boy, I hope what I posted just above didn't come out the wrong way..... I'm just NOT funny witha keyboard am I? LoL

Good night all

Oh, and Mary Ellen - Just stand inside the door and laugh at the kids, Ha! Well, if any of mine are standing there anyway ;-)

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Earthly, your package is on it's way.

DC# 0306 1070 0005 5760 0620

• micke
    17 years ago

lunamoon, no sweat, I have been there, and it is NO FUN.
    my first child was 3 mo. old when he got sick, and he did not get better til he was 8 mo. old, I was going from doctor to doctor, first one said it was pnemonia (sp) second one said he had RSV, FINALLY a doctor asked me if we had any cats in the house, yeah a long haired tortise shell siamese mix and a persian mix, had to give my cats away and about a month later when I was hopping mad at the doc for mis diagnosing him again and making me get rid of my pets, he got better! All the dander had to be removed from the house as well, and duh I didn't think about that!
    He now has no allergies to cats, he out grew it, but he was one sick baby for a long time!
    michelle

• klickitat
    17 years ago

GIVERNY - your package went out earlier today: 03051720000098459267 Thank goodness for this swap being a bulb swap otherwise I would have had to find a larger box! The extra goodies were soooo fun to find and pack inside. :)

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Marsha-Thank you so much for the Pulmonaria Sissinghurst White. I love new plants that I have not grown before. You did good. Thanks again

Jules-I got several cannas dug and got rained out. Drats, hope to finish digging them tomorrow. Will let you know when I get them to the PO.

Lunamoon-Hope your baby is feeling better.

Shirley

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Beth, I got my box of goodies today,(from myself of course, lol, a girls gotta 'pamper' herself alittle too!) did you get yours? Let me know and I'll post the pics here so everyone can see them. Hope you like!

Diane

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I guess I have to start the new thread without the new header. But it means we are having too much fun with the swap!
    I have a more to say so I'll just end it here and start the new one.
    Remy