debbya_gw

new: oct. 'garden decorating rr' taking sign-ups

Debra Andruska
17 years ago

~~~~~~~~~~~Please fellow theme~~~~~~~~~~

These are the Themes for each month:

Oct - candles / candle holders and halloween items

Nov - table cloths / vases AND your favorites Holiday recipe

Dec - pots & any decorating item that you put on/in potted plants OR Holiday items - let me know what you think.

Jan - wall art / garden art

Feb - gloves & tools - ?still taking suggustions

March - garden book, plant makers & bells

April - garden signs & suncatchers

May

June

July

August

You will also need to send (your choice) one of these - seeds, bulbs, cuttings or a plant with each months box.

We also ask if your pal has a birthday the month you are sending to them, please add a birthday card or ....

Now Taking Sign\-ups for OCTOBER, boxes will need to be mailed \*promptly\* this month (and should go out by the 16th) so all HALLOWEEN items can be enjoyed! I'll pair up swap Pal's on Oct. 1. Thanks, Deb

Comments (70)

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Will Do Deb! : ) Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kimberly's package went out today, USPS #0305 1720 0000 6248 6169.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nancy,
    Your package arrived! Thanks so much! I loved everything you sent, especially the violets. I collect them, and adore trailing hybrids. Also thanks for the orange frosted (spider decorated) candle holder, Flaming Parrot bulbs, orange/black tealites, webbed black cat basket (with the yummy candy corn), ghost w/black cat. Everything was packed very well!

Thanks,

• mkruby7
    17 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm doing better. They do not know why I get the pain that I do. But I had ear infections (both ears) since June. Finely they are almost cleared-up. Maybe I will be back next month. I will let you know.

Deb, you are doing great with the swap. 'clap-clap-clap'

I do have some info. I will have to look for it and then email it to you.

Miss you gals, mkruby7

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Rosebud - Just have to add couple more things to your box. If I can get outdoors in a bit I can get it out today. If not it will be Monday. Will post DC# as soon as I get it out!
    Deb - ty for the heads up! will be watching for it!
    ~Kimberly

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Rosebud- Your box is going out as we speak LOL - DH is on way to PO now
    your DC#0306 1070 0001 9492 9948

~Kimberly

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Deb,So happy to hear you enjoyed your box.I'm always nervous when I ship plants.Glad they made the trip ok!Well My Niece gets married by the lake today.Weather sounds extremely windy with temps in the 80's.Sounds like a "Bad Hair Day"LOL Still should be a marvelous time.Have a Great weekend Ladies!! : ) Nancy

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

DEB- box just arrived! OOOOOo i love my goodies!! ty so much!!
    My box has - a pumkin molded soap (is that right?), a pumpkin tealight holder and a orange tealight in it, a ceramic tealight holder with a tealight-this one is pretty- has flowers on the outside that make me think of mums, a glass candle plate, a orange votive candle, a round candle shaped like a bundle of leaves (hard to describe but i love it-goes great on my living room side table!), a flying ghost decoration that actually flies back and forth on a cable! and which im going to hang on the porch when i get through posting, a curly spider plant, dutch iris bulbs, magenta zinnia seeds and chocolate mint seeds!!
    thank you for such a wonderful box!

Rosebud - please post when you get yours! I hope everything makes it okay. DH finished packing the box while i was waiting on meds for back to start working.

~Kimberly

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

Kimberly,I am looking forward to recieving it.I will post as soon as it arrives.I am sooo excited..Shirley

• snyder
    17 years ago

Nancy, I have your box ready to mail tomarrow. Conf# is 0302 2940 0002 0654 5020

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

I recieved my swap from Kimberly.she sent me a pumpkin w/chocolates,three really cute pumpkin tealights ,a pack of tea lights,a pumpkin inflatable,and a cute ghost inflatable,a pumpkin candle with a little ghost sitting on it....lol....and a plant that I have been just crazy for ,sonoran sunset agastache cana,also hosta fragrant bouquet.I hope I didnt forget anything.Thank you kimberly for sending a great oct swap...thanks Deb for hosting.
    Shirley

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

Scouttiegirl,I mailed your swap today dc#03050830000438765699.I am sorry its so late but I have had the FLU for the past couple of weeks .I am feeling some what better,but it sure does make you feel like $#@*&^%# for a while...LOL...I hope you enjoy it...shirley

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh My I Received My Box From Ann/Snyder Today.I am One Happy Camper!!What a Wonderful Box. Full Of Goodies! I am in awe! I need to go thru and make a list.So many wonderful things I don't know where to begin!!I will be back later to post what I received.Thanks So Much Ann!! Nancy

Hope you are feeling better Shirley.My mom is in the hospital because of the flu so be careful.Its really hitting people hard around here.: (

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Hi Shirley, your not late at all. I haven't sent mine out,as I too haven't been feeling to well. I will be getting mine out to Sue on Saturday as I just have a few more things to get. I want to dig something up first before sending. I will let you know when my box arrives. Hope your feeling better. ~Heather

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Shirley-glad the plants arrived okay! Was hoping you didnt have that agastache!
    ~Kimberly

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

My box to Beth will be going out Saturday - just a couple more things to add - hopefully it should get to her on Monday.

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Tina, your box made it to the post office today
    DC# 0306 0320 0000 6866 9616
    DebA a box for you, a small hostess gift and a plant that I missed when sending cuttings for the coleus swap
    DC#0306 0320 0000 6866 9555
    I've had the galloping Krud for about 10 days now. Maybe the same mess as Rosebud had???? Anyway, I'm finally beginning to feel a bit better again. Hope to get over it in time to get the flu shot. A sure don't want to get the real flu this winter.
    Still coughing and ears hurt so I have not celebrated being retired yet. Maybe Next weekend.
    SueG i'll be watchiing the mail next week. You are sure not running late.
    BB

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

My box came from Shirley, and what an amazing box it is!
    I received a box stuffed with goodies. ~ First I got some fabulous plants-I just LOVE them. They are black and blue salvia-very happy as I heard the seeds don't come true and I wanted this, also received chocolate vine-another I have been looking for and almost gave up on-whoohoo! I also got the cutest Halloween black cat and pumpkin planter with an air plant growing in it. How very cool I've never seen this before. Also some white glad bulbs. As for the goodies-I got halloween socks that my daughter already snagged from me, 2 pumpkin candles, an orange pillar candle and another candle that has the neatest markings on it. It looks like a fall leaf pattern-hard to describe, but it is very pretty. Fall leaf vine decoration and a bag of decorative potpourri that smeels so good. I put it in my fall themed dish on my table. Also got a flashing pumpkin for the window-my son loves it, and halloween themed old fashion stickers-I love vintage art and these stickers are the bomb! I really enjoyed my box and all my fall goodies. I hope I didn't forget anything. With 2 young kids tearing into any box that comes in the mail they sometimes run off with items before I get a chance to see them. You are a fabulous swap buddie Shirley! I sure hope your over your sickness. Thank you once again for a very nice fall kick off-hope you enjoy your Fall season~Heather

Sue your box is on it's way. Will post the conf# when I get it from hubby. He mailed it this morning. You should get it on Monday. Hope you enjoy everything I sent~

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Deb-small hostess gift on its way!
    DC# 0306 1070 0001 9493 7585

~Kimberly

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Thanks for the hit upside my head Kimberly : ) I totally forgot..Deb.....Hostess.....Oh where would I be without you all?Shudder to think about it. LOL Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Indyjoy - I have tried to e-mail you but I'm not sure if you are getting them or not.
    Could you please send me your addy so I can get your box out?
    Thanks so much!
    Tina

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Thanks Heather I'll be watching for it!

Beth, watch for your boxes hopefully Monday, Tuesday at the latest conf 0305 0830 0003 3755 2307 and 2314. Hope you enjoy!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Box---"es"??? Ypou sent me two???
    Holey moley AZ girl you just bowl me over.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Has anyone heard from Indyjoy lately?
    Hope she is OK

Have a good day ladies
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Guess who was just at my front door.............. the mailman!!!
    Guess what he brought for me................. a box from Beth!!!!!!!
    Wow, Beth, I could smell those candles through the box! Yummy.
    She sent me two "Milled Pumpkin" scented candles that smell just so good. I love the smell of harvest time, and these are perfect Beth! She also sent me a stained glass candle holder with a "Ginger Bread Cookie" scented candle in it.
    Sorry to report that one side of the holder is shattered, but I will face that towards the back, and no-one will ever know the difference. It still looks beautiful Beth! Thank you!
    She also sent lots! of daffodil bulbs! Can't EVER have enough of those!
    She also sent a kitchen towel set that includes an oven mit! Excellent for this time of year :-)
    Also.....she sent a garden angel harvesting pumpkins. It's beautiful!
    And last, but not least, she sent a "Welcome" decor of a happy scarcrow in a pumpkin patch. That will sit in my foyer!

I love everything Beth. Thank you so much for a wonderful box!

What a better way to start off a Monday!

Tina

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Yeah hoo, I got a box too. There wasa big box at the PO from Sue G with so many delifhtful surprises inside.
    Perhaps most surprising of all was an Alaskan Ulu knife. Strange thing is I never got one for myself while I was there. Got lots for other people. I'm glad to have one. they are quite handy.
    I got two nice starts of jade plant. One varegated and one with a longer leaf, sorta fat and hollow underneath. I'm not sure how to describe it but definately different than the ones I had. I'm working up to a desert garden in a big ceramic pot and both of these will go into there until they get too big.
    Sue also sent some pretty caladiums. I'm going to try sticking them into pots too so I can enjoy them for a while this fall.
    Anemone bulbs... something I've really been wanting. Can hardly wait to see tham blooming next year. They are such beautiful flowers.
    There is a fat envelope full of seeds that I have not had a chance to study yet, apack of Halloween stickers and a beautiful butterfly calendar for next year. I ripped that open right away. So beautiful but so far I have not found where they tell you what the butterflies are. Some I know but some I'll need to look up.
    Sue this is a fantastic box. Thanks so much for everything. I'll be remembering you for years with these plants and seeds to remind me. You are a real Gem.
    BB

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Debbya,I sent off the item I forgot to include in your box and your "hostess" gift for this month this morning.They should arrive Wednesday.I have the tracking number for you if you would like it.Hope you like them : ) Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kimberly,
    Thank you so much for the neat hostess gifts! I LOVE the soy Pumpkin Pie candle, and the poured harvest red one too! And the yummy hershey's kisses in the decorative pumpkin container!

Thanks soooo much! This makes hosting so much fun! ;)

Deb

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

(Beth - sounds like the PO only delivered one of your boxes, hopefully the other will come tomorrow)

I got the most fantastic box from Heather (scouttiegirl) today!

The first thing I saw when the box was opened and the packaging was lifted were hundreds of brightly colored fall leaves.

You gals may take these for granted. Out here we don't have anything like this. The colors were so unique. I'd have to drive four hours away to see fall colors and even then they wouldn't be leaves like this.

I got some wonderful Halloween things (one of my very favorite holidays) - Halloween window clings (on my daughter's window already), cut out pumpkin face paper bags - going to use these for my favorite neighbor kids goodies on Halloween. A really nice pumpkin watering can, really unusual - using it for a centerpiece on my patio table. Two Halloween arrow signs "Graveyard" and "Spooky Hollow" -- took down my welcome sign by the front door and put those up. They are perfect! Reeses pumpkin candy. The greatest witch on a broom hanging from the front porch right now.
    and
    Candles! - Banana Nut Bread, Gingerbread cookie, pumpkin and kitty tea lights, corn cob tea light with orange candle.

and a Magnetic "things to remember" list notepad for my fridge - needed that!

A Daylily! yippeee! I love love love daylilies, this one is "Brave Heart" from the platinum pallette collection. So beautiful.

Mixed glad bulbs - have just the place for those.

Seeds! - Chocolate Daisy, and Echinacea Sparkler and Vintage Wine - can't wait to grow these!

I am really so touched by the care and thoughtfulness with which you prepared my box. You are great!

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Airhead here! The two candles that Beth sent are not "milled pumpkin" Duh! The are "Mulled Cider" and smell delicious! My husband absolutely loves them!

Indyjoy - I need your address.

Tina

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tina,
    I'll email Indyjoy and get Her address for you. I'm also going to email Ann (Snyder) to see if Indyjoy's package was received.
    Let you you know tomorrow what I find out.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Thank you so much Deb!

Hugs,
    Tina

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Tina, sorry to hear the one candle holder was cracked. If you can use it and throw it away after the holiday that is fine too. Glad you like the smelly candles. They seemed like a good fall flavor.
    SueG, I missed saying that you send an adorable velvety pumpkin man. I think he's better than a bubba. He has a super smile, great teeth and nice stretchy arms for hugs, He is sittimg on the console in my truck. (guess I am a redneck) Can't wait to see what my Grandaughter says when she sees him. I think I'll tell her he's my bubba boy. He really is cute
    Sue it feel like I already got pleanty but If you sent another box too... I'll watch for it tomorrow,
    Thanks again, BB

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth,
    Your package arrived, Thanks! What was the name of the curly plant? It's really different/unique, almost reminds me of curly garlic. And thanks for the adorable tin turkey/candy!

Deb

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Sue, I'm glad you liked the box. When I told my daughter where you lived she asked me if you had leaves. I said I doubt it because you live in a very warm area compared to us. She came up with the idea to pack your box with leaves instead of all newspaper. Central New York has some of the best Fall Color. We drive around all the time just to take it all in. All of those leaves are leaves from our own yard that me and my kids were bagging up. I'm glad they brightened your day! Happy Fall everyone~Heather

Oh forgot to say Sue that the bags I sent are luminary bags. You can fill the bottom with a little bit of sand and then place the pack of little halloween candles inside them to light your path for halloween night.

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

My daughter figured out the luminaria bags - I am so dense sometimes - LOL! We'll use them on Halloween!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nancy,
    Thanks for the hostess gift ~Blue Heaven Episcia, I don't have it! I only have a couple of Episcia..Cleopatra, Unpredictable valley, Strawberry Patch so this one is a perfect addition to the collection! Also, thank you for Taffeta blue (violet) I don't have that one either!

I'll enjoy them both for years to come!

Deb

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Apologies to SueG for my tardiness in posting. Her second wonderful box arrived here on Tuesady. It was full of a terrific assortment of candles and candle holders.
    Can't quite decide where to start telling everyone about them.
    There are two "jar candles" one is freesia and musk the other is Cranberry chutney. Buth smell great. One is destined for the kitchen and the other for the big bathroom.
    Then, there is an adorable little angel child, sitting against a fence holding a gold star. She is the topper for a dark blue candle with stars and Merry Christmas inscribedon the jar. She is so sweet!
    I saved the two best for last here. There is a pair of Western style candle sticks. They are copper suns with glass faces, a nice graceful curve holding the candle sticks up. Very pretty and I'll use them in the sunroon. Nice for days when the weather is not so sunny.
    The last candle is my very favorite. A fat green frog with an attitude. This guy has the smuggest grin and big sleepy looking eyes and a black bowtie. Like he has been to a formal dinner and ate way too much. He's still trying to be polite but if the company doesn't leave sooon, he'll be asleep on the table. Oh boy do I know how he feels. Sue, you can bet he won't get burned under circumstances less than a national emergency. He is just too cute to be used as a candle. Mr Froggie has found a home. I promise to keep him fed but not to keep him up too late.
    Sue, Many many thanks for your thoughtful and generous gifts. You are over the top gal. Hugs, BB

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Thanks for letting me know you got the 2nd box ok. I was worried, wanted you to have the "theme" box for the month! Glad you like Bubba Pumpkin Man....wanted to keep him for myself but DH would be jealous --- you know how men are!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I tried to email Indyjoy... so far no response. I'll try again tomorrow.

Joy, please email me and let me know if everything's ok. Did you mail out Ann's (Snyders) package yet?

Ann, did you receive anything from Indyjoy this month?

Tina,
    Don't send out your package to Indyjoy until I hear from Her. If I can't get a hold of Joy, and no package has been mailed for Ann. I'll have you send Ann a package instead of Joy. Let's still give this a little time to work out.

Deb

• snyder
    17 years ago

No I have not received a package. Ann

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I got an e-mail from Indyjoy last night!
    She confirmed her address. Her father is ill and she has been staying with him, so was not receiving her e-mails.
    Her box will go out in the morning.
    Sound Good Deb?

Thanks,
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Indyjoy - Your box is on its way.
    Well wishes for your dad.
    Will post DC# tonight.

Thanks Deb for hosting a great RR hun!
    Tina

• llbean
    17 years ago

Hi.. I think that I would like to join if accepted for the month of November.. Won't it be to cold to ship plants though.. Here they would be pretty frosty...
    Laura

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Laura,
    I know I can't ship any plants from my area (Illinois), it's been in the 20's at night.
    But, you can include seeds, or bulbs.

Please sign up on the November thread and send me your name/address.

Thanks,
    Deb

• indyjoy
    17 years ago

The missing Indyjoy has returned. So sorry to leave everyone hanging.

Ann your package is going out today. It is so late that I didn't do much on Halloween but I think you will really like what I am sending.
    Delivery Confirmation Label Number: 0103 8555 7499 5440 9024

Tina I will be watching for your package. It will be a true bright spot. We think Dad will be passing anytime but, you never know about thoses things.

I don't know what email address GW gives for me, but use jvidimos@comcast.net. That address I can pickup the mail from Dad's or where ever.

Happy Gardening,
    Joy

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Joy - You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers hun. Just being with you dad means more to him than you'll ever know. And, its the best medicine in the world!
    You are such a good daughter.

gentle hugs,
    Tina

• indyjoy
    17 years ago

Tina,
    That sure was one speedy package. Thanks so much!
    Everything was wrapped so nice in pink paper. Was like getting a whole box of presents. I got 3 dark red candles and a mirror tray for them to sit on. A really neat halloween paper lantern with a black cat on it. Some "ruby giant" crocus bulbs that I will plant this week-end. Sound just beautiful. A box of tea and a big dove bar.......yummm yummm! I hope I didn't forget anything.
    Thanks so much Tina!
    Happy Gardening,
    Joy

• llbean
    17 years ago

How about for Feb. Share the love.. it is the month of love and we could choose to send OUR fav.'s like Oprah and make sure that our swap partner gets one of her favorites.. If you need a host I can do this as it is my favorite month.
    other ideas
    May:motherly love
    July: most wanted?
    I don't know just ideas

• snyder
    17 years ago

I received my box today from indyjoy. What a wonderful surprise. This is what she sent me 8 large cup narcissi bulbs, 4 candles, 3 of them are little pumpkins and the other is an orange candle, but she also sent something that is the cutest thing. It is a stuffed bear from the Bearington collection and she is all dressed up for halloween , holding a pumpkin. She has a green velvet hat on and her dress is green velvet with the skirt made in autum colors of oranges and greens. I already have a place for her in my doll room. I took my two sons bedrooms for my porcelain dolls I make when they left the nest. I have around 75 I have made. So she will be darling in there. She is just as cute as can be, I like every thing you sent Joy, and simpley love the bear. Thank you, Thank you. Ann