Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Seeds-n-Stitches: October Haunting

Posted by dan_the_mailman Michigan (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 22:51

For October, we will be making haunted house blocks, one to trade, one to keep. The blocks will be 15 inches when finished. Please note that size change! You'll be able to include these blocks in the quilt we'll be making in 2013, or turn it into spooky wall-hangings for Halloween! To make these blocks, find your favorite house block either here online or in a book, and make it with dark, spooky fabric. Embellish them as you like, moons, bats, ghosts, ghouls, graveyards, etc. If your houses turn out a bit wonky and uneven, good for you! They'll look scarier that way...muhahahahhaaaaaaa!

Details of the swap:
BLOCK SIZE: 15" when finished
LAST DAY TO JOIN: September 30th
PARTNERS POSTED: October 1st
SEND-BY DATE: October 13th
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

If you should find pictures of haunted house blocks, go ahead and post them here to inspire everyone.

Have fun with this one!
Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Seeds-n-Stitches: October Haunting

here's another inspiring frightening photo...

o

Sign me up! Though I'm all out of spooky, dark and gloomy fabric. This means a trip to Joann's is in order. Oh, DRAT!! :)

o

what a great way to start our house block quilt! Sign me up!

o

hmmm, it's quiet in here. I'm tempted to post partners, but I'll wait a couple of more days for late joiners, and post partners on the 1st.

o

Sorry I won't be joining for a while. I've got 2-3 quilts to make for Christmas, but first I have to clean out the garden. I think there are more weeds than flowers now, and I don't want to see that mess in the spring. And I still want to freeze tomatoes and squash for soup all winter. I bet the spooky houses are going to be adorable!

o

Sounds like a lot going on Bev! Hopefully you'll be done in time to join us in January when we begin the village blocks!
===========================================================

EXECUTIVE DECISION TIME---
Melissa and Linda send blocks to one another. I'm too sick to even think about when I'll be getting behind my sewing machine, so you two go ahead and trade blocks.

I'm going back to bed.
Dan

o

Hope you figure out what's going on & feel better soon, Dan! Hate that you're sick. :(

Miss Linda, I still need to hit the store for some fabric, and not sure when I'll be able to do so. But I'll let you know when I've got your block done, hopefully it won't be too long!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here