Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
materwitch

new: ie/ih october-pumpkins, squashes & gourds swap

sunnyk
12 years ago

Welcome to our 2nd Annual Pumpkins, Squashes & Gourds Group Swap.

I will be taking sign ups until the 1st of October. At that time I will e-mail my address to all of those who have signed up .

Please then send your seeds in to me by the 14th of October. And I will get your seeds back out in the mail by Halloween a the latest. :)

Okay...now for the details.

This is a Pumpkin, Winter Squash and Gourd mass swap. This is a wonderful Harvest time swap.All Winter squash and gourds are fair game.

And I think for the sake of diversity if you have a ton of summer squash seeds then feel free to send them as well.

Everyone sends their seeds to me, I in turn will send them back out to everyone and hope that everyone gets something new and exciting and even some wishlist items.

Please put your Gardenweb name on your seed packets along with whether they are hand collected , from a trade or commercial.

Please no seed older than 2009.

I am asking that you include no more than 3-4 packages of any variety.If you want to include more as extras then feel free. I just would hate if we end up with 100 packages of Acorn and Butternut and nothing else. We all want some variety in our gardens, and the more varieties that come in, the more variety I can see that you get back :-D

At least 9 or more seeds per pack(unless they are extremely rare,then 4-5 seeds per pack should do)

There is no minimum package amount but try and keep it at a maximum of 30 packages per person, as depending on participation, I cannot guarantee a 1 to 1 return of that many varieties.

Send your seeds in a Bubble Envy, along with a return mailing label, and enough postage for the seeds to make their return trip.In other words , whatever it costs you to send it out to me is how much you need to include for me to send it back. Stamps are fine. But absolutely no prepaid mailing labels or metered postage. They don't work for this as I believe they are dated and only valid if sent from the P.O. they are purchased at.

Also include a list of what you sent in,I will use this as a fail safe so I don't send back to you what you sent to me. And please include a wishlist too :).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

This was a great swap last season and I am sure it will be even better this year!!

Thanks

Donna :)

Comments (31)

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

Good morning Donna. Please sign me up for this swap. Sounds great. I haven't harvested any yet this year but I am sure I have some packages of seed left from planting this spring. Have a great day!

Ellie

• kellyk49
    12 years ago

Please sign me up. I have some seeds and may have others ready by the 14th. Thanks!

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Fantastic! So far our list is:
    Farmergirl2009
    Kellyk49

So far so good!!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Woohoo! I'd love to join in.

Thanks! :)

~Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Well goodness.. where's all the Edible swappers!?! lol

Hey Donna, can I go ahead and mail? :P

Maybe we should OT post it on the Harvest and Veggie forums...just a thought.

~Wendy

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wendy,do you have my address?? Go ahead and mail if you do.

And this swap is a good one to jump into the Incredible Edibles with. So feel free to sign up :)

?

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am going to leave sign up open for a couple more days. So if you have been lurking you still have some time to sign up!

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

Hello, I would like to join this swap, I have some seeds.
    LMK
    Wendey

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am going to leave sign up open for a couple more days. So if you have been lurking you still have some time to sign up!

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Welcome Aboard Wendey!

Our group is now:
    Farmergirl2009
    Kellyk49
    sassybutterfly_2008
    wendeyzee
    SunnyK

So far so good. I will take names until Friday, so there is still time :)

Donna

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Donna ~ Could you pls email me your address? I'm ready to mail out. :)

Thanks!!
    ~Wendy

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wendy, I sent you another email thru GW as it seems you didn't get my original. Please let me know that you got it. Thanks :-)

Also I have received seeds from:
    Farmergirl2009-Ellie

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

Hello Donna,
    I have mailed out my trade today, the mailman said you should see it by fri.

Wendey

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Donna ~ I did receive it and my envy went out in today's mail. You should have it in 3 days per the wonderful USPS..lol

Thanks!
    ~Wendy

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks ladies!!! I will be keeping an eye out for your envies.

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just received packages from both Kelly and Wendey. Thank You ladies.
    And thank you so much for the hostess gift Wendey. That was really thoughtful and I appreciate it completely!! :)

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

Cool good to know, you are welcome :-)

Wendey

• godsgarden9
    12 years ago

I know it is late, but if I can put together a package and send it in this weekend, please let me know.. thank you. Willy.

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Willy, I think that will be just fine, as I just placed a couple of orders for seeds that wont be in until next weekend at the earliest, so that gives me at least another 10 -12 days before I will be sending any seeds back out :)
    So Welcome aboard!!

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Willy, I sent you my address via GW. Let me know if you didnt get it. :-)

• mchill320
    12 years ago

what is the minimum number of seed packets we must send.
    is it too late to join this swap.

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mchill320, I sent you an email thru GW.
    :-)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Donna ~ did my seed envy arrive yet? *biting fingernails.. worryin'!* lol

Definitely should have been there long before now.. just checking in.

~Wendy / sassyb.

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry to keep you worrying Wendy, yes your seeds arrived :-)

All of the seeds are in, including the ones I ordered. So I will be finishing up the envies and sending them out by Saturday :)

Happy Belated Halloween!!
    Donna

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Thanks Donna! :)

• sunnyk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

All the envelopes went out by Friday!! YAY!! So please let us know here when you receive them :)

Thanks All!!

• pawneepapa
    12 years ago

My seeds arrived today; what a great selection. Thanks everyone.

BTW -- The bubble envelope did its job today. It has been raining and the outside of the envelope was soaking wet. Inside the seed packets were nice and dry. Whew.

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

My package came today and I was so excited. Many of those were on my wish list to order from Baker Creek next spring. Squash is my favorite vegetable besides tomatoes. Thank you so much Wendy for all the work put into the swap and for everyone who sent in seeds because that is what makes the wonderful selections.

Ellie

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

Hi everyone, my package arrived today, so many wonderful selections! Thanks to all the participants for sharing and thank you Donna for all your hard work as hostess, it was awesome.
    Wendey

PS. I can't wait for the next veggie swap :-)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

I received mine today too, THANK YOU!! You did an outstanding job and I am actually pretty much set for next season! Anything else I manage to get between now and then would just be extras. You really set me up!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

~Wendy

• kellyk49
    12 years ago

I also received mine. I've been on google images checking them out! What fun!! Thanks everyone for all the great seeds.