Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

NEW: obf ''' october fest'''' sign-up

skohler
16 years ago

{{gwi:1277125}}

OurBloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Membership requests should be directed to veeja/carol or

skohler/susie via email.

Ok Well as you all know Lunamoon was suppose to be our

HOSTESS for the OCT SWAP . But We Have not heard from her in awhile & the post was to be up by the 19th of the Month . so thought i would get it started for her .

So Here Is A Swap for anyone who would like to join in . This will actually be the last month for sending & Sharing nice plants or bulbs for the year ,

So as it is Fall this Swap will be for anything as pertaining to fall gardens . COLOR US AUTUMN :)

NO HOSTESS GIFT THIS MONTH

Garden decor gift fall colors plants bulbs,seeds,

or anything on your friends list .

Luna If you get back on you can take this over

& add anything you want to this .

if lunamoon comes back & takes over then yes there will be a thank you gift sent to her .

thank you ladies for being patient :)

susie

Comments (38)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Just want to let you know that you are ONE AWESOME WOMAN SUSIE!!! Yes of course I want to be in a swap hosted by you. SOOOO Count me IN.

• klickitat
    16 years ago

I need a break from the RR swaps, so please count me out for this month.

Thanks.

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Susie!! I am definitely in.Other swaps I don't feel so bad if I miss out on for a month but when it comes to OBF I have major withdrawals when I sit out a month..LOL..This one sounds "Perfect for the Fall Season"..and everyone knows I am a sucker when it comes to plants and bulbs.Thanks for hosting.I hope we get a huge crowd : ))
    Nancy

• shadymeadow
    16 years ago

Too much going on - count me out for this month, but I will stop by from time to time to see how it's going. I always like to read about what everyone gets in their box.

Sandy

• missg
    16 years ago

Please count me in for the Oct Swap.
    Gale

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi all,
    I just finished one coat of paint on the new garage siding!!! What a pain! I'm never letting Gary hire someone again. I want the job done start to finish, no, I'll fix the wall and put up siding, but no painting crap.

Anyway, yes count me in : ) lol.
    Whoever gets me, I would surely appreciate plants for the area that got all burned up. It is on the west side of the garage, so hot and sunny stuff. Of course, if not, I'll be happy with whatever I get : )

I wonder what happened with Jenell. I hope she just got backed up with stuff at home after that last post, and everything is ok.
    Remy

• mellen
    16 years ago

Count me in for this month. Bulbs would be great, but no plants, please, it is too late for them here. I don't want to take the chance that they will freeze and die.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

welcome pixie,cedar & miisg :)
    I just wanted to share the email I received from lunamoon last night AFTER I had posted the Oct Swap.

Hi Sue,
    I just want to let you know that I have been trying to start a thread for the Halloween swap but I am having problems with GW. It won't let me log in so I can't post. I'll keep trying but I just wanted to let you know so you weren't wondering.....
    Jenell

I figured something must be going on so that is why I started the forum for her . so hoping she will be able to get in gw soon if she cannot then hazelnutbunny has offer to take it over for us . so lets see if lunamoon can get back on soon or not & she may have other ideas for the oct fest . for now just let us know if you want in on the OCT swap or not .

welcome remy think I'm physic ??? well your post just came into my email as I'm still typing :))) this :)
    i got a sneak peek .

ladies even if you would like to share a couple MUMS
    with your friend this month they are after all fall plants :))) .
    well I hope everyone has a great afternoon .

susie

• wynative
    16 years ago

I love fall colors, count me in on this one.

Although I have to agree with Mary Ellen/Mellen ~ plants wont have time to establish themselves this time of year here, so please just bulbs.

Marie

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I want to be included in this month's swap! I too love bulbs, but also not too late for daylilies, iris, and lilies for me also. Stays warm here for quite a while! Thanks, Melinda

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

I had better request bulbs too for October..any and all kinds..don't matter to me : ) Getting too late for plants in my zone but... I have lots of plants that will do well in warmer zones but won't overwinter here( and only so much room in my basement for them) so maybe I will get to send them to new homes to live a long happy life instead of watching them die forever : ( That would be nice : )
    Nancy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Count me in too for 'October Fest'.
    Not too late for me either to plant iris , daylilies, lillies .....well anything truthfully. It's 92 outside right now!Had to close windows & crank the AC on.Somedays I wish I was back in MI.
    Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Dirt_under_my_nails... you and I are fairly close in proximity. Isn't this weather awful?!? It was so nice for a week... now it's back to summer heat. :(

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good evening ladies : & welcome all :)
    I should have stated that plants are an opt for
    it is getting late for some regions so please
    post if you want just bulbs or plants & bulbs.

we will try to sign you up according to wants :)) .

Just want to say or remind you that some of our bulbs
    will be mixed red ,blacks ,whites,yellows,pinks, & or no names is a go in this also as long as they are good bulbs & not all dried up or mushy .

as for me I would like all BULBS - RHIZOME & NO GIFTS

love dahlias, Irises , canna;s, daffodill ,
    yellow tiger lilies , asiatic lilies , turk caps lilies
    I have red . DBL asiatic lilies, candleflower well they just anounce we are under server thunder storm till &:30 so got to get off here .
    back later
    susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Count me in this month! I can receive any plants for quite a while. I'd love to send some too! But I love fall colors and scents for in the house since it is pretty much still summer here outside.
    dirt under my nails, I am another Michigan native ....I've met TONS of people from Michigan here on GW!

Theresa

• lunamoon
    16 years ago

Hello everyone! Thank you for starting the thread for me Sue! I have been having a problem logging on to GW and since I couldn't log in, I couldn't post anything. Hopefully, it's resolved now.

Since it's October, I would like to add a Halloween element to this month's swap so please include something relating to Halloween in your box.

I'll take sign ups through Saturday September 29 and I'll post partners by October 1st. Please send out your box by October 15 to ensure that your partner receives their goodies in time to enjoy them for Halloween.

Jenell

• mellen
    16 years ago

Jenell, Hooray! Yippee! And all of that happy stuff. I am SOOO thrilled to see that you made it here just in time for YOUR swap month. You have been missed!!! Go for it now, girl, it's all yours. Hugs and more hugs, Mary Ellen

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Glad to see you're back on, Jenell!
    Sorry to say that I can't participate in this months swaping, however! Finances are too tight right now.
    Hope everyone has fun, though!

Melissa

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

Good morning to all :)
    First things first i guess, I can not participate in this months swap, sorry, i have nothing to send as far as plants, tubers, bulbs etc...
    ~~Good news here is that DH finally found a job!!..As some of you know he has been out of work since November. This is just such a blesssing, that he found work close to home with a semi-decent pay!!...Second, i also found a job, i lost my job August 17th when the cafe i was working at closed down. My job is only part time, but more money, so it kinda (?) evens out. So i guess our prayers have been answered now that we are both working again.!!
    ~~Physically i am still in bad shape, lots of pain. Doctor didnt find anything specific with the blood tests, so now i just need to grin and bear it, until hubbys insurance kicks in (3 months) so i can go to a neurologist, or for more tests, or maybe the pain will go away by itself.
    ~~I really wish i could play this month, but like i said, nothing to send anyone, plus we are (finally) financially on the road to recuperating, so have to keep counting pennies. I will keep reading the forums as i always do daily, and will jump in once in a while to say hello!! Hope you all have a great time this month, and i will be thinking of you!!
    Blue skies to everyone!!
    Trish/DancingMoons

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Welcome back luna I will now Turn over the Swap to you :))) Just remember :) we are here as back up if you have any more problems getting signed in . Just call or email one of us .

MELLEN YOU DIDN"T Say if you was playing or not :)))
    HAPPY GARDENING MY FRIENDS

SUSIE

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Luna, I am going to have to back out of the swap this month. Hubby said no cause I already have committed to two other swaps.

Ya'll have fun!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi Jenell,
    I'm glad you could get back on GW!

Trish,
    I'm so happy to hear your hubby got a job!!! : ) I'm also glad your part time job is working out.
    I'm sorry though to hear you are still in pain. I sure hope it goes away.
    Remy

• lunamoon
    16 years ago

Thanks for the warm wishes everyone!

Since the weather in October can be sketchy and we all come from varying geographic locations, I'm making sending plants, bulbs etc optional. Post here or let your partner know if you are interested in receiving them or not. If you are, it doesn't mean that you will send/receive them, just that you are open to it.

Trish~ If sending plants was a deciding factor in sitting out this month, there is still time to change your mind... :o)

Here's how we stand so far....

Playing:
    cedarnest
    missg
    remy
    mellen
    skohler
    wynative
    ilovefarac
    dirt_under_my_nails
    theresa24
    lunamoon

Passing:
    klickitat
    shadymeadow
    hazelnutbunny
    dancingmoons
    pixiesluvplants

• mellen
    16 years ago

Sue, Please read the eighth post down from the top. It says:

Count me in for this month. Bulbs would be great, but no plants, please, it is too late for them here. I don't want to take the chance that they will freeze and die.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

Mary Ellen

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gm
    MELLEN : SORRY Must have been one of those hurry up mornings & Missed it & when I reread the forum later I saw that you wanted in .. Sorry.

Now as for this swap Luna I'M Going to Back out For I have 3 other Private trades Going on . SO You all Have a spooky swap & I will check in now & again .

Happy Gardening
    susie

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Luna Its so good to see you back.I think you picked a really fun theme for the swap but with the rule changes I am afraid I am going to have to pass on this month.Please don't be upset,Its not your fault,but mine for jumping the gun and signing up right away thinking it was plant/bulb and not waiting awhile to see exactly what this months theme and rules would end up being.I am sure you will get a large group to join in on the fun.I will still check in to keep up with the fun you all are having tho : )

Hope everyone is having a great week!
    Nancy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

I have to sit out this month, you girls have fun!

Sassy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Count me in too, I don't know how I missed it!

Deb

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

I need to skip this month. Have fun. Amy

• lunamoon
    16 years ago

Alrighty, here is the updated players list.....

Playing:
    missg
    remy
    mellen
    wynative
    ilovefarac
    dirt_under_my_nails
    theresa24
    debbya
    lunamoon

Passing:
    klickitat
    shadymeadow
    hazelnutbunny
    dancingmoons
    pixiesluvplants
    cedarnest
    skohler
    sassyd
    amybabyboy3

You can sign up through Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I'd like to sign up for October! Actually I don't do bulbs, really but plants would be appreciated although I don't know if anyone will still have any to send. I am just about opposite of all the rest of the crew. This is the start of the season where plants are really enjoyed. We gardeners out here stay outside from October to April planting and nuturing etc!

I really like Halloween since that's my anniversary. You know, "Honey there are kids dressed up in costume at the door asking for candy -- what day is it?

It's our Anniversary!! LOL!

• veeja11
    16 years ago

what are the new rules ? I"m in unless they are something i can't fo. hugs carol

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Luna, so glad to see you back but I'm going to pass this month. Heck, I'm late getting last month's out to Pixie.

Trish, I'm so glad things are looking up for you and your family.

I will try to post more later,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

sorry I need to sit out this month, too fast a ship date. sorry hugs carol

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Hey Janell, nice to see you! Hope all is well with you and your family and the new job. I'm going to have to pass this month. Have a great swap month!

Trish - excellent news.

Hope everyone is well,
    Maryanne

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I was out of state visiting with family and missed the whole time there was for signing up. Anyway, I hope everyone has fun with this swap. My garden is in need of some extra watering and TLC anyway. It has not been a good year for digging and sharing plants.

Jeanne

• lunamoon
    16 years ago

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I will post partners tonight. Stay tuned.....

• lunamoon
    16 years ago

I posted partners on the new thread.

Jenell

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH