Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

UPDATE: Make New Friends: Extreme Makeover *Turkey Edition* #2

tracyvine
16 years ago

{{gwi:1302177}}

Welcome to the Make New Friends Swap for November!

This group is open to EVERYONE....Newbie, Oldie or somewhere in the middle..we want YOU!! :O) Come on in, pull up a chair..and grab some stuffin'!

This month's theme:

EXTREME MAKEOVER: TURKEY EDITION!!

Okay...You are probably thinking..."What the heck is that bunny talking about now?". :O) Well, with me..it could be anything. BUT, this time it's all about....US!!! Pampering US!! This swap will be all about ways to pamper us as we get ready to hit the ground running on or around Thanksgiving! We all now how HARD we work to cook, get the house ready for guests, get the kids/car/husbands ready to travel...You name it!! We are HARD WORKING GALS during the holidays!!

And not to mention the most IMPORTANT event of the holiday season! The DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING SALES!!!!! Woo-Hooo!! :O) Who COULDN"T use a day of pampering after fighting the mobs at the local mall? :O)

So, in this swap we will send our gal pal stuff to de-stress her after the big day! (or to help her get ready for the big day!) Stuff like: Lotion, chocolate, bubble bath, candles, face masks, body butter, chocolate, foot soaks, aromatherapy items, massage oils, homemade goodies, CHOCOLATE ......ANYTHING goes! :O)

But, I do have to lay down some ground rules, to make this fair for everyone!

First, per GW rules, you MUST be 18 (or celebrating an anniversary of that birthday) to participate.

Second, a FLAT RATE SIZED box. In trying to keep it fair, I want everyone to use the box SIZE as a guide. You are more than welcome to send parcel post, and use a plain box...but it MUST be the same size -or larger- as a flat rate box. And it must be completely full. The only reason I say this, is that I don't think it would be fair for someone to send a box packed full of goodies, and only receive a simple bottle of lotion and a bar or soap. :O( Just trying to level the playing field, so everyone knows what to send! :O)

Use your imagination for the contents...Really, ANYTHING goes!

Third, DELIVERY CONFIRMATION is a MUST. Again, this is only to protect YOU & YOUR PARTNER. And to help the hostess (me!) keep track of who has received and sent. Trust me...it is well worth the .65 cents! :O)

Fourth, Cheerful & joyful attitudes!! We want to meet new friends, get to know the old friends better...and just have tons of fun!

Signups will be until October 31st. I will post partners on November 1st. Boxes must be mailed out no later than November 15th.

Okay. I think that covers the basics.

Is everyone ready??

Let's get pampering!!

Melissa

Comments (150)

• fishymamas
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Isn't maple more of a "breakfast" flavor?

because they're in debt. Is my answer to #4.

Neighbor took my kids trick or treating so I'm just here with the toddlers (late pickup tonight).

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I suppose I think of maple as seasonal, because we never had it during the summer. Only fall & winter. That, and maple trees red leaves are so prominent during Autumn themes. :O)

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

I think of maple as in pancakes.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

they're broke!
    believe me i know this is true! my mom is, thanks to her hubby! she will be working till she's 105 if whe lives that long!! hope ya'll had a great night!! talla was a cow girl without the cow girl hat and boots. hmmmm.... how does that work??? LOL and tabor was a military person. LOL all these people were driving around in their vehicles and we were walking, geez its like only a total of 6 blocks altogether. and not that cold. heck if they put a little meat on them bones.....LOL just kidding :')) but the kids were so adorable, and he neatest thing is when i see the parents dressed up too!! nope i wasn't, that's next year!! a witch!! i'll be normal!! LOL hat's what hubby'd say!! so come on mommy's what's your little one's look like??

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay, I am not feeling very well at all, and am contemplating not coming into work tomorrow. So, I am going to post the partners list now...in case I DON'T come to work...I don't want everyone to have to wait until Sunday. :O(
    So here are our partners, Jennys!! :O)

Pixie to Debbya
    Debbya to Wynative
    Wynative to Tracy
    Tracy to Klick
    Klick to Pixie
    Fishy to Becki
    Becki to Sassy
    Sassy to Kalena
    Kalena to Dirt
    Dirt to Letha
    Hazel to Veeja
    Veeja to Fishy
    Letha to Hazel

On your mark...get set....START PAMPERING!!!! :O)

Yay!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Because the Jone's are in debt also. (who isn't anymore??)

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Goblin Night!!! We did here! Lots of Candy left over though, we always get too much. Medo I dress up to hand candy out lol, always have to be a child too. I was a "shrunken" appleheaded old lady this year. Fox was just himself, a stoneface! j/k

I just love seeing all the lil ones in their costumes, alot of good imaginations thats forsure and soo cute!

Maple sounds good Bunny, never thought of maple but like you I hear of it more in the fall and winter than in summer.

I got my cups today for my winter planting (not winter sowing). I am going to start some herb seeds and some flower seeds tomorrow in the cups so I will have my special lil garden inside when it gets really winter here. I also did some spraying for the pasta bed ;) and drew out plans for my backyard gardens. Going to move some gardens in the spring if I can get my kiddo's to agree to it also, I really have to work with them to keep them outta my gardens. I have ALOT more thornless cactus if anyone wants some. SIL told me to come empty her yard of the plants (don't have to ask me twice). I just can't understand people that don't like plants.

Whooohooo can't wait to know who my partner is, Im excited about whats in her box already!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Miss Bunny, I am so sad that you don't feel good. I hope you are feeling better sweetie!

Here is my answer, it is a quote from the horses mouth.
    "You know you're keeping up with the Joneses if you're Buying stuff you don't need: "When you're spending money you don't have to buy things you don't need to impress people you don't like, you're keeping up with the Jones',"

So I think it goes without saying that you are only hurting yourself financially to appear to have what the Jones' have or might want when you truly can not afford it either!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Goodnight!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Bunny, I hope you feel better soon hon. don't like it when one of our hatchlings feel bad!

I like that quote Ducky!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I was able to send everyone their partner's address...except for Fishy, Klick & Wynative.
    Ladies, please email either me or your partner directly if you need the address.

Have a great night, everyone!! :O)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Miss Letha,could you send me your address.Our Lady Bunny sent me Fishy's address.LOL! Also need to know if anything breaks you out & or any scents you don't like.
    Hope your resting & feeling better Bunny!
    Later...dirt_under_my_nails

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good Morning! How is everyone doing today? Hope you are feeling a little better today Melissa! Can't wait to send my goodies on to you Miss Klick! Woo Hoo. Some do's and don'ts would really be appreciated, email me what kind of stuff you love and hate!

Melissa, I think you did a great job matching us all up! I think everyone has someone new to send to! Woo Hoo! Great ways in getting to know our crazy new friends! Way to go!

Miss Pixie! Thanks, girlie!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

I have Becki's addy.

• veeja11
    16 years ago

whoops bunny, you told me in my e-mail I had Letha, but looks like I have the fish, fish what do you like and what is your addy ?Gonna be fun. thanks bunny. dirt please send me fishys bunny sent me lethas, I will send it to you. hugs carol

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay, girls...I tried, really I did. Sorry about the confusion, April! LOL You really do have Ms Letha as a swap partner! :O) If I messed up and sent wrong addys to everyone else...please double check the posted list. THAT is your correct partner, I promise! I simply wasn't feeling well last night at all. Hope I get over it soon! :O)

I hope everyone got someone knew, but if you didn't...just think of it this way....You already have a good idea of their likes/don't likes..and what they have already! lol :O)

Okay...for last night's question. Everyone had exceptionally good answers, but only one was dead on. The exact quote is: "Don't even consider keeping up with the Joneses. THEY'RE BROKE!!"
    So, while everyone was correct, in a round about way, I have to give MEDO the point, as she was SPOT ON.
    WAY TO GO, MEDO!!
    So here are the point totals as I have them tonight:
    Becki-1
    Fishy-2
    Medo-1
    Pixie-0
    Tracy-1
    Dirt- 1
    Diene- 1
    Kalena-1
    Letha-1
    Veeja- 0

Now for tonights trivia question. It's a 2 part!

#5- What person was Tyler Pie named after? Name 3 of the 6 ingredients of this pie.

You have until Sunday night to answer this question. Good luck!!

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Oh shoot, I'm too late! I was watching TV with hubby, and out of nowhere I thought, 'Oh! I forgot to give last nights answer!' :(

On to the next question...:)

Night all!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Named after President Tyler. Includes shredded fresh cocounut, vanilla extract, and heavy cream. Whew - that's a tough one - hope I got it right! Never heard of that before!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Just one more note before I head home tonight! :O)

I want to remind everyone to please use DELIVERY CONFIRMATION with their packages. :O)

Packages MUST be mailed out by the 15th. We want our Jenny's to be able to enjoy their goodies after the stressful shopping events of BLACK FRIDAY!! :O) (hhmmm....maybe ice packs are an idea??) lol

Please use a FLAT RATE box, or equivilant size. Priority is NOT a must, but I would like for everyone to use the same general sized box. This makes it easier for everyone to know how much to send, etc. :O)

If you have any questions about something your partner may or may not like, please email them directly. Many times some of us just can't keep up with all the posts, and may not see a question you've posted. :O)

Most of all.....HAVE FUN!!!!! :O) :O) :O)

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Im back,
    My answer is:
    Tyler Pie is named after John Tyler (10th U.S. President)
    3 ingredients are Butter, Eggs, and Vanilla Extract.

Sounds like a pie I might have to try for the holidays!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey bunny! I have 2 points! Don't take my point away!!! Please?
    Tyler Pie:
    Named after President John Tyler
    3 Ingredients
    Sugar
    nutmeg
    Cream

Have a good night!
    Tracy

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Tyler Pie:
    A coconut pie,
    Eggs, sugar, coconut.

Tyler pie 2:
    a Caramel pie:
    brown sugar, heavy cream, vanillia

Google gave me different recipies both gave credit to president Tyler.

My garden web emails never go thru (I suspect evil fraggles at work), saddina@roadrunner.com will get you to me.

Had midterms tonight, think it went well though.

~fishy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Klick, I sent you an email! Please let me know if you didn't receive it!
    Thanks,
    Tracy

• medontdo
    16 years ago

the 10th president john
    lemon juice
    eggs
    vanilla
    i hope that was the right recipe! LOL

i'm so sad! the frost got my canna's and my banana tree!! :'(((

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Tyler Pie(also known as Tyler's pudding)has fresh coconut,eggs,and heavy cream.I missed last nights question.We had company. I'm so sorry Medo.You should have seen me last night trying to get my ferns in.My garage is full.What am I going to do with all of them?And I don't think we even got the frost they predicted.Oh well,its a jungle in there.Hey Dirt,I sent an email to you.This is so much fun.I love getting goodies!

• letha1971
    16 years ago

OH,I forgot President John Tyler is who the pie is named after.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

My answers are:Milk, sugar, vanilla & 10th pres. John Tyler.

• diene
    16 years ago

my answers are vanilla, coconut and sugar and it is named after John Tyler. diene

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i was so dingy not watching the news since it was so nice during the day, duh, this is ks. i shoulda known. so you saved them! that's soo COOL!! :')) my mom took me to get the massage. awww so cool! for our anniversary present. LOL the rock thing is way warm!!!! :'))

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ok, i'm a little "miffed" or something like that. i've been trading for a bit. and iknow that sasbe means that you send for the seeds and thats it and you have your self adressed stamped envi in there, am i right? the other person has absolutelty no business "requesting" seeds from you. am i right? so if i don't send the right amount of stamps and am short by 1 it's not gonna kill this person to chill, and out of the seeds she requested i did send her at least 1 of them. i like to do that when it's my thing, not someones request on a sasbe. so i'm venting. i can't say to much my stuff isn't here yet. LOL an i don't like to be negative but ya know!!
    guess what?? our o s b is getting delivered today. well this morning!! i can't wait!! but i have to wait til grant gets home to do any work on this front porch!! LOL

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Michele!

Yep, SASBE means Self Addressed Stamped Bubble Envelope. As far as requesting seeds? Was this a trade or one of those roundrobins? It all depends on what they had written on the post. As far as stamps it all depends on how much it weighs. On the winter forum posting they request at least 3 stamps. Congrats on the OSB! WHat are you building with it????

• medontdo
    16 years ago

it was when i was asking about some seeds. and a lady had answered my email. she had 1 nice thing said about her. i now know why. LOL
    we are closing in the back porch for storage and half of the front porch for my plant room, top half for screen. and we gotone of those raffia 5 drawer shelf thingi's. the nicest thing i own!! well the prettiest thing i own. LOL
    ha ha that I bought. he gave me some money to spend on me for all that i do, sometimes i wonder about him. LOL but i told him go out ad get a 22 so him and tabor can hunt together. it'd be neat! :'))

• medontdo
    16 years ago

did i tell ya i found out those peppers we ate were habeneros? man no wonder my nose and eyes and mouth was on fire!! and poor tabor!! the little guy!!i think my sil was tryna get me!! LOL :'))

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yick! I think my insides would turn molten if I ate habaneros!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

oh let me tell ya, whew!! hot!! burn!! LOL when your not expectin it! like ya never thought! i never woulda tought about tryin them bad boys! i like a bite of hot and then the hot goesaway, not sticks around forever and ever and ever!!! LOL did i tell ya our hi vee is supposed to be up and runnin sometime next year. alot closer than walmart!
    now that they came i can go pee!! LOL i've been waiting for like 2 hours just in case!! love small town business!! they are so nice!! :'))

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I don't know the name of the hot pepper I had but let me tell you it was so hot that it just seemed to keep getting hotter after it was out of my mouth! Whoo! The heat just kept on getting worse and worse and spread through my whole head! Felt like a cartoon character when their face turns bright red and the top of their head opens up to let out the steam!

I hate it when we are waiting on a delivery or a repair person. My favorite is when one of the utility companies need to come out. They make you sit for a 4 hour window, only to show up in the last 10 minutes of the time frame that they give you and then they are done in 5 minutes! Makes you feel like you wasted your whole day! Agh!

I did a little shopping for my partner! Get ready for a little pampering Miss Klick! Hmmm, I wonder if I can fit a masseuse in a flat rate box? Do they fold up nicely?

glitter-graphics.com

• medontdo
    16 years ago

awww that kitty was nice!! LOL

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Hi ladies. So many posts to catch up on! Between my computer crashing and foot surgery (yesterday) I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks.

We've had some beautiful weather for gardening. At some point I'll be able to catch up on my fall planting.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

{{gwi:1302190}}

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Klick,

I hope your foot heals up quickly for you! Glad the weather is holding for you down there. We are having very frosty mornings. No more plants for me, boo hoo! Just dug up my last bunch for sending yesterday. Sad to see this growing season end. Spent my afternoon out leaf blowing and raking. Kids had a blast in the gigantic leaf pile we made. Jack decided to swim through it. Emma loves getting buried. Everyone else had a blast just jumping in and raking it back up again. Before you know it we will be moving on to snow ball fights and making ice forts! I am cringing at dressing and undressing the kids in snowpants and mittens, hats, gloves, boots, scarves, coats!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

TRACYVINE!!! the last i knew they DID not allow cussing on here, so quite that!! LOL it gets tooooooo cold here! (((BRRRR))) need some fat free, caffein free, sugar free, ahhh heck just give me some very warm water!! LOL

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lol awww Poor Medo, hands ya some warm lemon water.

Can't sympathasize (sp) with ya'll in the winter wonderland, we don't get snow here. IF we do... it breaks records lol, last snow we had here was on Christmas day of 04 (go figure eh?) Who knows what this year will bring, its still warm here, supposed to get a cold front thats going to drop nights down to the 40's and the highs during the days for T/W are just going to be in the 60/70 range then back up a tad higher. Can't complain.

Well I miss ya'll and will try to check in tomorrow but no promises for this week. Coles Birthday is Monday, he would have been 15 years old. Hard to believe that time goes by so fast when it seems like yesterday. Almost another year, Christmas Day will be 3 years exactly that he's been gone.

Ok enough of the pity partying.

I am having fun getting my box ready for Deb. I have a few things that I hope ya like sweetie, lol not even hinting this swap, gonna be a total surprise.

smiles all
    Pixie

• medontdo
    16 years ago

that's so weird! nov. 17 would have been jimi's birthday, i was thinking about that. i miss that little guy so much!! although he so towered over me!! easily 5'10. ya, i'm short! 5'1 and getting shorter as gravity is taking its toll on me!!! LOL
    that boy could p*** me off like you would not believe and then flash that big grin! BOOM not mad any more! LOL
    i do miss that boy although he was 19 when he passed.
    onery boys!! LOL :'))

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Woops! Sorry Michele! Which word was the cuss word? Was it snow ball, ice fort, snowpants, mittens or Boots? I promise I will never say it again! So sorry! But I really can see them having a blast on their sleds on the big giant snow piles! heh heh heh!

Pixie and Michele, try to do something that Cole and Jimi loved on their birthdays. Make some good memories to help you get through these hard days. I know you miss them so much.

Hugs
    Tracy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

LOL Tracy, hmmm don't think I will be climbing through any irrigations pipes (Cole used to get in trouble for doing that with his buddy Mitch, they used it I guess as a shortcut without regards to how easy it would have been to flood, lol) I usually make a bird and bunny cake and take it to his place now to feed the birds and bunnys. (Bird seed and bunny food mixed with peanut butter and suet and some other nice treats for the wildlife out there)

Its really pretty here today, kinda dread Tues. when the "cold" front comes through YUCK! Going to take some pics on my phone of my pasta bed before and after. Its still before lol.

Smiles
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh! lol! I can't picture you traipsing through irrigation pipes, no ma'am! lol! Alright, maybe second favorite thing? It is still in the high 40's here today! brrr! Feeling the nip in the air. Yesterday was super windy. Made yard clean up a bit of a pain. I have to get out there and do some more. The weather man is calling for s-n-o-w for Tuesday so I need to get as much of the leaves up as possible before they are hopelessly stuck to the ground.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I think I could handle snow for a couple days then I'd have to get back in the tropics lol. PLSSSS build me a snowman!!!! When it snows in the OKLA panhandle where Nan is he collects a bunch in ziplocks, freezes it and brings it down here to me, in an ice chest, when he visits lol he brought me a lil bitty snowman once lol.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You know, we almost always build a snowman here in the winter. We always have the same problem though. We make them too BIG! By the time the kids finish rolling all of the giant snow balls they are so huge we can't lift them! Pathetic! We end up with a 2 part snowman who's head is sitting next to him on the ground!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ummm... i don't think smoking a bong is allowed! and drinking beer, well that would be allowed! i'm ok, jimi is my brother, but i raised him from a little thing!! LOL mom being a trucker and all. the other thing i can do pretty easy! pissing me off!! LOL he he he
    amazing aren't i! LOL
    funny how those kids are, when your not, looking they just do what they want!!
    my mom went and got tabor some of those heelys, so now he's like all cool. LOL sooooo, he wears them to church, so i make him change them, and he can wear them at break time, LOL
    the good news is my banana plant is comin out of it!
    {{gwi:1302191}}before

{{gwi:1302192}}after
    like almost a week. so my banana plant is doing much bettr!! can't say much for the canna's. errr! one was just about to bloom too!! i was FINALLY gonna see this special yellow! LOL and one i've been waiting on never bloomed yet, won't this year thanks to the frost! that's it! i'm moving!! LOL :'))

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Here are some pictures of where my pasta (lasagna) bed is going and a picture of some dl's in pots waiting to go in the bed.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

LOL tracy! we had that last year! and then i was thinking when i was little and we were over sea's, we had this hill, and we'd put the head or the biggest part down at the bottom, and all the kids from all the buildings would bring the air matresses and what ever they could bring! and we'd all take turns going down the hill and ramp off that sucker!! aww man!! it was soooooooooo awesome! till ya hit them tree's, whew that hurt! even got the adults in there too. it was funny! that was the best winter!!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Here are some pictures of my cactus bed for now but will be landscaped into a cottage garden come springtime. Also the top pic. is one of just potted plants that need to be somewhere in the ground eventually.

Michelle, that sounds fun forsure! Your Banana will pull through, sorry bout your canna girlie.