Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susandonb

Just wanted to say Hi

susandonb
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I miss you all and miss swapping. I dont think I have posted since June or July. I was in a car accident in July and am still out of work and seeing Dr's. My injuries just wont heal. I have had so many procedures I feel like a pin cushion.

I hope to be able to get into some swaps in the Spring. I have managed to do some canning with the help of my hubby and a friend but have not been able to get out in the garden. It is in sad shape.

If I don't get to post again soon, please all have wonderful Holidays and a warm cozy Winter.

Harvest Hugs,

Susan in NC

Comments (7)

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Hi Susan, I have not been around much either. I guess it has been a rough summer here on the East coast.
    Sure hope that you get feeling better soon.
    Beth B

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Beth & Sue;
    It is wonderful to see you both back if only to visit. Have you figured out if you are heading north Beth? Maine is someplace to see if you have never been.
    Susan, I hope you continue to improve and ask for help next year to rebuild your gardens.
    Have a wonderful fall.
    diene

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hello Sue and Beth,

Diene has been telling us a little about some of the people that she misses here on the forums and I am happy to meet both of you. Please feel free to pop into the Make New Friends Group to say Hello and catch up with everyone! Doesn't matter if you are involved in the trade. We are a very social bunch.

Susan, I am sorry to hear of your accident. I will pray for you to heal more quickly. Congratulations on the canning.

Beth, It is a sad thing that has happened to many of the gardens in your area.

I would love to offer some help in rebuilding the gardens too.

Tracy

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all very much. It has been very bad here with the drought, I can only pray that the recent reports of an also dry winter are wrong. I personally wouldn't care if it rained everyday!

I am trying to build a new gus bed and get it ready for Spring planting. I found a company that sells 3 year old crowns, something I had not seen before.

My 15 2 year old crowns that I bought and planted last Spring are doing great, I even got some Fall spears that were big enough to harvest. I know I wasn't suppose to but I couldn't resist and snapped two spears. You should have seen my hubby Don when he saw me putting 2 spears in a ziploc to nuke. I presented them on a saucer proud as could be, we savored each bite, well, all 2 bites. LOL

I will try and get on the threads more often.

Susan

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Susan,

Hello, I live in NC also. Been raining here for 2 days and so I was reading back through some posts and was wondering what hybrid of asparagus you are growing? What part of NC do you live in? I live in the southern Piedmont area zone 7B-8a I've never tried to grow asparagus even though I love it because I thought it was too hot here. Is the asparagus you are growing rated for a warmer zone? Or do you live in northern NC....or the mountains?

Roxanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Yeahoo!!! It's raining here too. No doubt it would take weeks to get back all the moisture that is missing from the ground but it sure does feel and smell good. Even the birds and squirrels seem to be enjoying it. LOL Singing in the rain, I'm singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling...
    Diene I have visited Maine and love it there. Probably my second favorite place after Alaska. :o) Hope to get there , maybe next fall but first I want to see the southwest. I have never seen the big National parks. Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches,Yellowstone Petrified Forest and the Four Corners area too. Hope to be headed that way before Christmas.

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Roxanne, I wrote back to you, did you get it? Hi Tracy, Beth, Dienne. It is so good to hear from you.. I am hoping to get Don to Maine this May. We havn't been up to Boston t see my family in 2 years now. So we are planning a big trip for May. I havn't been to Maine in about 10-15 years, I am going to start at one end and work my way to other eating lobster the whole way!

Roxanne let me know if you got my note if not please email me directly from my page and I will write back again. I was giving you some asparagus tips, well not my asparagus tips, I eat all them but some asparagus advice! LOL

Beth I went to the West back in '98 and saw all the places you mentioned, it was pretty cool. I wouldn't go again, too much driving, but at least I can say I saw the highlights. Mt. Rushmore is much smaller taht I expected when I was standing right in front of it. :)

It has poured here all day, I spent the entire day making Christmas crafts, it was so fun!

Talk to you all soon,
    Susan