Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wilmoth_gw

NEW: jumpstart on spring with leftovers...

wilmoth
16 years ago

I am interested in starting a new round robin.I will mail them back when all participants are recieved..Please send seeds in a sasbe with 3 stamps enclosed to cover return postage. We should give everyone time to get their seeds sent but the deadline will be december 1st..unless we run out of participants.. What I would like is for people who have an abundance of one thing to mail it in to me SASBE with a note ROUND ROBIN then all of our abundances will be divided to share with all participants of this round robin.Please feel free to put only one or two wants down so it will be easier for us to get some of what we like...I am looking for celosia all types and jobs tears......WILMOTH

Comments (134)

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Is everyone still here...... b grow i havent heard from you in a while..please post haves and wants for us........Well I am off to the store to get my animal food.. I am missing a dog... I hope someone didnt mistake him for a bear.... hes been gone for 4 days now so I am not sure if he is around or not .....still searching...Scotrell thanks again for the pretty pictures....Threas thanks for the updated list of players...Kelboindy what are some of your haves and wants....please post some for us.....Mokey I got castor beans for all and I might have some yucca for you too....Brenda stop in and say hello sometimes........ and I wish everyone would post...... Im starting to feel like im in a ghosttown here ..... LOL ......Donna

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

kristlindgren all I can say is WOW.........I recieved your seeds today if any of you can look at christys wants list and fulfill any of her wants ....I think it would be VERY appropriate......Her box of seeds recieved was too big to put in my mailbox ...Thanks Christy ...I will have a ball distributing these and sooooo many different varieties too......Donna

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

I must say THANK YOU for the wonderful complement. I hope I was able to fill some of everyones wants. I tried. How many are left to send? I am getting very anxious to see what kind of surprise will end up in my mailbox. I think that is the main reason why I do round robins. The excitement of the surprise.

Hoping everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weeked,

Kris

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

UPDATE......THESE PLAYERS HAVE ALREADY SENT SEEDS IN...Kristlindgren....Flowergardenlady......Crazypalmlady......Esiuol.....Claylady......Wilmoth......Dragonfly65......... Purpleacres......Brendasue99s are on the way...that leaves....Eviloi....Bgrowgarden....Distantkin.....Threas.....Scottrell ..........Mokey and Kelboindy for seeds due in the deadline is December the first ... Please get your seeds in......I will keep you posted .........all the seeds go out as soon as all the players seeds are received in to me ......if anyone is dropping please let me know because I will have to re-do the packages.......... thanks so much.................... Donna ..............P.S.......SEE MY NEW ROUND ROBIN................. OUR WISHES AND WANTS FULFILLED.......This roundrobin is trading for wishes and wants only...It wont go out till March though........DONNA

• brendasue99
    16 years ago

HI ALL
    I HAVE BEEN BUSY WITH MY EBAY SMALL BUSINESS. SORRY ABOUT NOT COMING ON LINE DONNA.
    DID YOU FIND YOUR DOG, YOU DIDN'T TELL ME.
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY SEEDS. AT LEAST YOU WON'T HAVE TO MAIL MINE OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD. LOL.
    I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR THE SEEDS I AM GOING TO GET AND WISH I COULD SEND ALL OF YOU A BUNCH. THIS YEAR I CAN'T BUT NEXT YEAR I WILLL, DONNA WILL MAKE SURE.

BRENDA

• threas
    16 years ago

I am getting my packs together now. I harvested the butterfly bush seeds, Frances Williams hosta & beautyberry seeds.
    Theresa

• evilei
    16 years ago

Hi just checking in I'll be mailing my seeds to you on Tues sorry for the delay.

Did you find your pup?
    THanks.
    Eileen

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Hi I sent out my package yesterday. Did you find your dog? It is hard when you lose a pet, they are part of the family.Will be thinking of you - Sharon

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well I still havent seen my dog........Im still here........I will send all the seeds out when I recieve the players seeds in. I still havent heard from bgrow at all what is up bgrow?.............DEADLINE is Dec. 10th if I havent recieved your seeds by then ......................they will be sent out with the players seeds ......thanks to every one.... Donna

• threas
    16 years ago

I'm mailing my seeds out tomorrow. What is the best way to ship? I think probably a box. Bubble envies must sit at the post office for week or so.
    Theresa

• mokey
    16 years ago

mine were mailed in monday, so they should be there any day now.

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Donna, thanks for your email, I will try to be a "very late joiner" to this swap, if they don't make please include for the next one. I sent them outtoday all separated and most individually labeled and ready to send out to the group. Included Datura Metel, Pink Peony Poppies (sorry you already purchased these two - so easy to grow from seed!), Liatris, Iris, Columbine, dianthus, lilac ladybells, ox eye daisy and a number of others - all grown in my garden and harvested this year ~150 packs. Thanks so much for organizing this swap Donna. thehills2

• bgrow_gardens
    16 years ago

Hi Wilmoth,
    Sorry for the delay - have had family health issues. I will get the seeds out to you today and they hopefully will get to you in time by the 1st. Thank you for your patience, and my sincere apology's about the delay.
    Sincerely,
    Barb

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bgrow no problem I just hadent heard from you I recieved your seeds and thanks for them sorry to hear you are having problems with family health issues and hope all goes well for you..........Now I know you are O.K. just got a little worried..........worry wart donna......also .seeds in for Evilei...and please who is M.K. their seeds are in didnt send the gardenweb name can you email it to me ....that leaves the hills 2 on the waythreas on the way scottrell on the way mokey on the way ...So that will leave Kelboindy and distant kin for seeds due in .....havent heard alot from them....then when i split and package them they will all go out ...........I will post the day I send them out...so everyone can be looking for them........Donna ok........Donna

• bgrow_gardens
    16 years ago

Thanks Donna,
    I'm glad to know that the seeds arrived all ready. That sure was quick!! I guess with the higher price for postage the mailmen are looking for something to do these days . - Everything has slowly ironed out here. I am so looking forward to getting some new seeds. I was looking at ordering some for my winter sowing. However, last minute chaos as usual, and everything is on hold at this time until the health issues work themselves out. Which will hopefully be soon enough -This round robin is going to be really exciting. (My first one anyways...) Sorry to put you through the worry - I know you have worked really hard to put together a great swap..I wish you well, and all goes well!! I'm excited for you! Everyone here is so nice and courteous it is sure to be a great hit!
    thank you for letting me participate,
    Barb
    'happy gardening'

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Barb .....I do hope you are ok ....I have been on ebay all day ......I thought I would drop in and tell all of you hello......I still havent found my dog and now one of dads dogs is gone for 5 days now.......we are hopeful ....but I dont know........ I hate hunting season here in the country........ to DATE WE HAVENT SEEN EITHER OF THEM ............STILL LOOKING.....Donna

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

Donna I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear about both of the dogs.

Kris

• mokey
    16 years ago

hey wilmoth
    i sent you an email already, but i am also posting here to let you know that i was M.K. and that i forgot to put my gw name on the envelope.

• threas
    16 years ago

Donna, so sorry to hear about your dogs. Any luck finding them yet? Also, I wondered if you received my seeds?
    Theresa

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Hello how is everybody?

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

After digging out after 2 6" snowfalls in the last week, not to bad how about you?

• scottrell
    16 years ago

I moved to Florida to get away from snow. I had my share of brutally cold winters. Do you want to know what I've been up to lately? Or will it make you mad at me? LOL I don't want to be accused of "Rubbing it in"

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

Not mad, just jealous!

• threas
    16 years ago

Lucky you, scottrell! Kristin,a couple of inches of snow here too & 29* right now!
    Has anybody heard from Donna? I hope she has some good news about her dogs!
    Theresa

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Donna - Just wondering if you have received my seeds yet? Thanks so much. And so sorry to hear you have lost another dog, that is absolutely awful. thehills2

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well hello everyone Im still here ........uploading to e bay again..I been having troublewith AOL again....I still havent recieved scottrell...brenda............and distant kin........If seeds arent in soon I will end this roundrobin and ship all seeds to players who have sent theirs in to me..I have recieved threas and the hills 2 and thanks for the delphs .....Still havent seen the dogs.....This round robin is fixing to ship out soon I will wait a few more days only ....thanks to everyone..... hugs Donna my store is What Women Desire if you want to see what ive been up to with this old antique dial up.....HUGS

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Donna,
    So sorry about your dogs.

Glad to hear you received my package, I sent a few dollars of extra postage last week, so you could break my envelope up if need be, but if not just use to cover anyone who may be a bit short. Thanks so much Donna, do hope you find your dogs. thehills2

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Hey Donna, What? I sent the seeds to you on November 26th, I sent priority mail with delivery confirmation. The Del con # is 0306 3030 0001 7856 9999. I checked the Postal website at www.usps.com and the record states that my package was delivered to you on November 28th at 1:21 P.M. In the package is a self addressed stamped bubble envelope, I paid extra for priority mail. It also includes all my precious seeds (ast least 130 packs) in homemade envelopes (I have four daughters, We had our own little factory assembly line)I implore you to check with your Post Office. I am new to Garden Web, this is my first Round Robin. I am also in a new house, my gardens are less thatn 1 year old. I harvested a lot of the seeds for this, but, also purchased some, just so that I would have an addequate ammount to fit in. To say that I would be crushed to be excluded from this Round Robin would be an understatement. PLEASE check again! my full name is
    Sharon Cottrell the package came from Port Saint Lucie Florida

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Sharon, Hopefully it is just an oversight, but I know Donna posted earlier that she sometimes works off hours so she might not be able to get back to you quickly. But if your package does turn out to be lost in the postal system, I sent in ~150 seed sets largely harvested from my garden (it is my first few months seed trading). And I would be happy to have Donna split whatever is to come my way with you, and I know she posted earlier that there would be leftovers as well. Anyways, hopefully just an oversight, but you'll have at least my 75 sets and some leftovers coming if not. Take care. thehills

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sharon your seeds are in kelboindy dropped distantkin when i try to email says spam alert so I am closing this roundrobin all extra seeds will be split with the group.....Seeds will pack on tuesday and wednesday....this round robin is getting ready to fly....

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Hi! Thanks anyway Kristi! Phew! I freaked out a little! Thanks Donna

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Helloo, Anybody out there?

• scottrell
    16 years ago

hello.......Scottrell, I cant post on garden web tried
    for 5 different times so........ please post for me
    that all the packs went out in todays mailexcept dragonflys......... i need dragonflys address to send hers because i cant find her address ...........so please post for me scottrell till i fix this antique p.c. ...........tell everyone for them to please post when they recieve them on our roundrobin.........im still trying to fix my pc and no good luck i might add........Donna

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i AM CHECKING TO SEE IF THIS WILL POST PLEASE POST HERE WHEN YOU GET YOUR SEEDS THANKS....DONNA P.S. I STILL NEED BEVSBLUEDOGADDRESS TO MAIL THE SEEDS TO I EMAILED HER NO RESPONSE??????????????I HOPE EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY WITH THEIR SEEDS..DONNA.PS JOIN ME IN JUMPSTART 2 AFTER THE HOLIDAYS WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU ALL...GOOD TO POST FINALLY.......HUGS...........DONNA

• crazypalmlady
    16 years ago

Hi everyone,

I received my seeds today. Thanks Donna for all your hard work. I got a great group of seeds. Thanks to all that marked my name on so many tropicals. Who ever it was that sent me the palm seeds, a special thank you. I can't wait to start winter sowing on New Years Day, God Bless all of you and Merry Christmas!!!!

Linda

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Glad you liked the seeds with the amount of players I think it turned out good for this round robin.....Hope you will join me for jumpstart part 2 .........I would love to have you all...Donna

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Hi! I received my seeds today! Thanks to everyone especially Donna! I got so much good stuff! I love the little envelopes with the instructions and zones on it, what a good idea! I already planted some gourds.
    Merry Christmas to everyone! Thanks - Sharon

• threas
    16 years ago

Thank You everyone! I received my great seeds today! Can't wait to grow them! Thanks again!
    Happy Holidays,
    Theresa

• kristlindgren
    16 years ago

I got my seeds today. I special thank you to everyone for all the wonderful seeds. A very special thank you to everyone that marked seeds just for me. And I can't thank Donna enough for putting this together. All your hard work is very appreciated.

Kris

• esiuol
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    My seeds came in last week. Thank you all! This was so much fun and thank you Donna for hosting!!
    Happy Holidays!!
    Louise

• mokey
    16 years ago

hey all
    my seeds came in! i may even get them started this weekend.
    Mokey

• flowergardenlady
    16 years ago

I got my seeds last week!! Thanks to everyone!!
    And thank you Donna for hosting..:)

Happy Holidays
    Jeanene

• brendasue99
    16 years ago

I AM SORRY THAT I AM GETTING BACK TO YOU ALL SO LATE.
    MY MOM LIVES WITH US (87) AND SHE TAKES A LOT OF MY TIME GOING TO DOCTORS, SHOPPING ETC.

I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FANTASTIC PEOPLE FOR SENDING ME SEEDS. I CAN'T WAIT TO PLANT THIS SPRING.
    YOU ARE REALLY GREAT TO HELP THIS NEWBIE OUT.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

BRENDA

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well I am glad that everyone liked their seeds.... I hope you will join me for jumpstart on spring part 2....The seeds for that swap arent due in until the middle of March..... I would love to have all of you again this was the best spirited group and I just think you all were wonderful...........This was my first time hosting a round robin and I hope everyone was happy with their new seeds....I know they have found some very special homes with my friends ......HUGS TO ALL .....DONNA.......Thanks to all of you for making this round robin fun and I enjoyed hearing from all of you keep in touch.....Donna

• evilei
    16 years ago

Hi everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to post. Thanks so very much for all of the seeds; I can't wait to get started.
    A special thanks to you Donna, for a great round robin
    Eileen

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

BEV SENT ME HER ADDRESS AND HER SEEDS WILL GO OUT IN THE MORNING.............. THOUGHT I WOULD UPDATE THAT FOR EVERYONE....HUGS.....DONNA

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Hi Donna and everyone, hope everyone is having a happy new year! I just wanted to post that I received my seeds so thank you so much to Donna and all who sent in.

Also I have one seed pack in a clear small 2X2 ziploc with 6 large interesting seeds in it, kind of like plump oval beans, but a browny base color with mottled white markings over the brown,and they are a bit shiny. They look special and I would love to know what they are if anyone recalls sending them in. Thanks so much again all. thehills

• scottrell
    16 years ago

I beleive they are the castor bean seeds from wilmoth. I cannot wait to plant mine!!!!!

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Thanks Scottrell, I looked up a photo of the seeds on DG and that is what they are! How fun, I am wondering how large mine will get here in zone 5. Happy New Year everyone. thehills

• acalgirl
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone for the seeds I received! Sorry I haven't posted before, but I managed to plant some of them already and I have about 20 baby blue eyes that have come up!

I really enjoyed this round robin. Extra thanks to Donna!
    Tina (acalgirl)