kchd/Katie/received
Alana/poisondartfrog/received

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 13:44

Comments (146)

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

A few more players to report, but so far we have a 3 way tie with 5 words. We should find out tomorrow if anyone has fewer.

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Disappearing Words from my list:
    Black Cat
    Casper
    Hill House

Bingo Words from my list:
    Harvest
    Autumn Leaves
    Vampire
    Hayride
    Goblin
    Zombie

Words not drawn from my list:
    Midnight
    Haunted House
    Corn Maze

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If we don't hear from someone with a better score tonight I will post a Halloween question Tuesday evening. I will post the time to expect it to appear in the morning so that all contenders will have a chance to see it at the same time. The first to answer correctly will be the winner.

katyerra has already received her seeds! I think a carrier witch must have picked Kathi's up and flown with it.

• mjzzyzoff
    10 years ago

Pretty sure I ended up with 6 points :)

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Morning!

Alana, my kids LOVE that movie!! Kiki's Delivery Service is a great movie!

Disappearing Bingo
    12 words

1. Count Dracula

*2. Witch

*3. Edgar Allan Poe

*4. Werewolf**DISSAPEAR**

5. Goblin

*6. Rocky Horror Picture Show

*7. The Exorcist**DISAPPEAR**

*8. Mr. Hyde

9. Headless Horseman**DISAPPEAR*

*10.Boris Carlof

*11.Banquo's Ghost**DISAPPEAR**

*12.Norman Bates**DISAPPEAR**

Regular Bingo Picked: 9

Disappearing Bingo Picked: 5

Happy Monday!
    vina

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Halloween camping

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Halloween camping

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Halloween camping

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Halloween camping

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Afternoon!
    How fun does Halloween Camping Sound!! Do you trick or treat around the park?

My seeds arrived today!! Only 1 problem from what I can see...
    I want to sow ALL the seeds that I received! Not one pack doesn't sound interesting and exciting to try. Usually with large swaps I get a few I really want to give a try, some that are in my "maybe if I have room" pile, and the rest go into my "retrade" pile...not this time! They'll all be somewhere (if I can find room) in my garden next year. I may even need to add a new bed just for some of these.

Alana, I am just so thrilled!! THANK YOU!! Is it too corny to say I'm over the moon in a Halloween swap? LOLOL! :D

Have a super night!
    vina

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Well, I am confused...LOL! What else is new? Alana, so much fun!!! I am guessing I have 6 pts.

*I have one word that was never called
    *I have two GHOSTS only
    *I have four BINGO only
    *I have four BINGO/GHOST (BINGO called first, then Ghost called)
    *I have one GHOST/BINGO (GHOST called first, then BINGO)

MY WORDS...

tombstone BINGO/GHOST

poltergeist

Casper GHOST

Headless Horseman GHOST

Mr. Hyde BINGO

Transylvania BINGO

werewolf BINGO/GHOST

seance BINGO

Cujo BINGO/GHOST

masquerade GHOST/BINGO

Hitchcock BINGO

The Exorcist BINGO/GHOST

Good luck to all of you!! And Alana, thanks so much for a great swap!!

Annie

• ruthz
    10 years ago

flowergirl, It's a large park with 7 camping loops.
    Everyone is supposed to decorate and lots of hayrides and everybody else drives thru. People hand out or throw candy and the ghost and goblins do their best to scare the pants off everybody.
    My grandsons and friends like scaring the girls the most because they scream the loudest.
    This is about our 12th year of doing this.

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Received my seeds today! wow! thank you so much I am super excited with all of them!

Thanks for hosting!
    Jayeanne

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad seeds are finding their way home. Vina and Jayeanne, thank you for posting.
    Everyone, don't forget to post when you receive your seeds so that we can close this swap when the time comes. The Hog Wild Swap is starting soon (not GW) and some of GW's biggest swaps should be showing up soon and I would like to have loose ends neatly tied up. I hope to see many of you in seed swaps and MNF swaps throughout the winter months. It helps me pretend the dreary weather is an illusion.
    It appears that Vina may be the winner, but I will wait until tomorrow lest a straggler have 4 words or fewer left.

Great cartoons!
    Ruth, I love the Halloween Camp. We have something like that here too, but people don't drive through, we walk through. I don't camp, but I love to walk through it.

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Alana, got my seeds today, and I am very pleased, even with the Lantana, which has defeated me for the past two years. Third time a charm? Sure hope so, these are great for butterflies! Try, Try again!

Love the cartoons, Ruth, that witch is the best yet!

Thanks for hosting this swap, Alana, you did a great job!
    Shirley!

• jaynine
    10 years ago

My seeds came! Yay! Thanks for the great selection everyone and thank you, Alana, for choosing them for me. I'm very happy with them. Lovely swap!
    Janine

This post was edited by jaynine on Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 19:23

• primrose1x3
    10 years ago

Seeds also arrived here today, and I'm thinking...why would I need to join any more swaps after this??? Alana sent me everything I either thought I absolutely needed or wasn't aware that I needed it - this swap was pure enchantment :) However, I'm not cured - lol! I'll be participating in future swaps as pre-Spring festivities over the fall & winter, too. Thank you, Alana, for such a fun swap.

John Anster Fitzgerald (1823 - 1906) Fairies Attacking Bat
    http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/full.php?ID=5274#

RackhamArthur_Witches
    http://owl.library.louisville.edu/2000-10/witches.htm

WallJosephine_pansy_xaxor_com (Off Topic, but came up googling JW + Halloween, and we do plant them this time of year)
    http://xaxor.com/drawings/surreal-art-by-josephine-wall.html/attachment/josephine-wall10

• smitties
    10 years ago

Alana, my seeds arrived today and it was like you knew exactly what I would want. Not one package was a variety I already had. I'm do like Vina and sort through and usually don't get as many for my garden as I do for retrading. Not this time, it all works. Thanks so much Alana, this was a great swap.

Margo

• smitties
    10 years ago

Just stopped by again because I forgot to mention that I am hostess for November. My swap is in the works and I will be trying to post it either Thursday or Friday so be watching.

Thanks Margo

• recipesaver2
    10 years ago

Witches like fast food too!!

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I received my seeds today. A great swap. I think I needed all the seeds I got. There is not much left on my wish list.

Thanks for hosting.

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

My seeds arrived today -- I am so happy with all of them. So many varieties that I need to research. The one thing that I truly enjoy about these exchanges is being exposed to new seed varieties and having the opportunity to discover and broaden my future must have grow list.

Alana -- Thank you for hosting. All your time and efforts are greatly appreciated!

• jhgarden9
    10 years ago

Finally catching up with my words. It's still before midnight in my state. We probably go with eastern time, huh?

Not sure if I do this right, first time playing the disappearing bingo:

poltergeist
    Michael Meyers --B
    Casper ---D
    Pennywise --D
    Edgar Allan Poe --B
    Mr. Hyde --B
    Transylvania --B
    werewolf --D
    fodder shock --B
    Nosferatu
    masquerade --D
    The Exorcist --D

Looks like I have 5 points. Thanks Alana, this is fun!

Judy

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for keeping track of your own scores!
    Vina, with her 4 words that were called and did not disappear is the winner. No one else reported 4 words or less so she is the sole and reigning First Ever Champion of Disappearing Bingo. I'll send her prize later today.
    Bea received her seeds, too. Packages are finding their way quickly. Thank you all very much for your kind words about the swap. I've had fun, too.
    We are flying toward the end of this swap.

• Michelle Reynolds
    10 years ago

hello
    I got my very scary seeds yesterday.
    thanks for the swap, getting my toes wet for seed swaping season.
    Happy Halloween
    michelle

• graanieb
    10 years ago

Better day, hate to be a downer or mood spoiler, not if I can help it, plus don't want to be left out of the fun, thank you Jean for the email and Alana, wow, email and everything, you are so considerate and caring, hard working, got to love you, sent me and everyone selections we would like, loved every packet ( take 1 pkt of mustard, smile) and your daylily crosses are beautiful, cosmos, white salvia -finally, salvia "Sangria" too, brought tears to my eyes, thank you a bunch, need to send you something besides the words.
    Great cartoons and all, hope everyone has a have a happy, healthy , safe and fun Halloween.
    Bea

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Vina,
    Your prize should be in your hotmail email account soon if it is not there already. Congratulations on your word picking skills and becoming the first ever winner. If we do this again next year we will refine the game and bring it back to give someone a chance to unseat you, lol.

• recipesaver2
    10 years ago

A sign!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Alana,

My stash has arrived!!! And my stash is hot!!! I can not thank you enough for all your work on this, the seeds, the humor and the fun! Libation time....my teeth are killing me...LOL!

And Congrats Vina on BINGO...you little ghoul!

Happy week...Happy Halloween!

Annie

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jean, I do believe that is my favorite of all. Thank you for that last cartoon.
    Have a great day before Halloween.

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

My seeds have arrived, and as I was excitedly digging through the pile - EEK! A set of sharp teeth popped out at me! Cute Halloween prank Alana - LOL! This was a fun swap, and I can't wait to try my new seeds. Thank you very much for being hostess.

• mjzzyzoff
    10 years ago

SO EXCITED! They came today! I am literally only halfway through looking at them and I'm almost in tears, so many things I wanted!!! And things I can't wait to try! And things they I didn't want bad enough to go on my wishlist, but now that I see them I'm like OH YEAH!

Alana, thank you so much for making my first swap so wonderful!

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Just got home and found my spooky package waiting.

WOW!!
    Sooo many great seeds. Lots from my want list.
    Can't wait to look up all the others that I'm not familiar with.
    Great swap even thou I got lost on the Bingo and didn't finish.
    Alana, thank you so much hosting and everyone that played for all the entertainment and great seeds.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

• missyga64
    10 years ago

Oh me, Oh my. . I got my wonderful seeds today. . . So many things on my " oh I need to order this" list and many surprises. . . So very happy. . . . Thanks to everyone that participated and Super thank you Alana for making this the most fun swap so far this year.

Happy Gardening Everyone

• kchd
    10 years ago

Oy vay! What a pile o seeds! (my package came today)

The first thing I did after opening the package was to put in those sharp teeth and promptly bite my husband.

Next, I went thru all the seed packets. Stunned to see so many awesome seeds!

Finally, DH and I spent our anniversary evening carving pumpkins! (later, we'll roast the seeds in butter and Tony Chachere's YUM)

Alana, you did such a splendid job hosting this swap (as always)! I hope it becomes a MNF annual event!!

• nikkineel
    10 years ago

Got my seeds today! Yahhoooo! I am so excited about all of them. Thank you so much for a really fun swap. I enjoyed the cartoons, bingo, and friendly posts. Thanks everyone!

• jhgarden9
    10 years ago

WOW! Got the package today, and I am so excited going through all the seeds. Many of them are from my want list. Lots of surprises when I go through the seed packs.

What a fun swap! This is the first swap I join, didn't know it could be this much fun! Thank you everyone, and special thank you to Alana.

Judy

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Katie, are those your Jack'O'Lantern's? They are fantastic!
    I am glad the packages are making their way home. No time to update the list now, but there are only a handful that have not reported. I hope the remainder arrive today, but they should all be home this week.

It's Halloween!! Yippee! Have a fun day, and especially evening, everyone.

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Alana, what a super duper job you have done here!
    We arrived home late yesterday and after dropping off DD at her home, I grabbed my package of seeds and began Oooohhhhing and aahhhhing.WOW!!!! What wonderful seeds everyone sent and Alana selected. So many that I really wanted.
    Love them all but sending special thanks to whoever sent the Amana Gold tomatoes and the brussels sprouts. Tried to order those but both were out of stock. How lucky can I be to get them in the swap?
    Loved the theme, the many cartoons and the seeds....everything
    Many many thanks to Alana and all the swappers.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Good morning everyone (it's 10-after-six, here)! Had to get on the computer while my pain meds are still kicked-in. A little over a week ago I came down with "Shingles" (on my scalp and down the left side of my face), and it spread fast. The pain is absolutely unreal. Even the Hydrocodone+Acetaminaphen pain killer I'm taking doesn't get rid of all of it, but at least it takes the edge off for a while. Then, the doc gave me a tube of "Triamcinolone Acetonide" ointment to apply to affected areas. Anyway, just wanted to say sorry I haven't posted sooner, but this is why. - Received my chock-full, wonderful package of seeds two days ago,...I just haven't been on the computer worth a hoot. Thank you one and all for participating in this super fun swap! Especially you, Alana! The cartoons totally rock...! - Okay, it's starting to hurt again, so I'm going back to bed (counting the minutes till I'm allowed another dose of pain med). - Happy Halloween everyone!

• recipesaver2
    10 years ago

Well, I must not have walked under any ladders or had any black cats cross my path because boy do I feel lucky!!
    My seed packet has arrived with the most wonderful assortment of seeds. Are you sure it's not Christmas?
    Trading seeds is always fun, but with Alana leading the way, and everyones participation and fantastic seeds, this was the most fun trade ever. I have loved it all.
    Special thanks to you Alana for all the work and thoughtfulness. To each of the traders thank you for sharing all these seeds!!
    Must get back to my oohing and aahing. :))
    Happy Halloween
    I'm off to see the Wizard!
    Jean/recipesaver2

• primrose1x3
    10 years ago

loved the pumpkin art - here are a few more, great scans for 'pooter monitor or slide shows or home-made cards or something with which to decorate your frig door in the event of a pumpkin crop failure - http://lillyho.livejournal.com/145533.html

• kchd
    10 years ago

Yes, Alana! Those are the pumpkins we carved up last night. You can tell which one is my husband's based on the drill-bit sized nostrils!

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

Received my package on thursday and was very exceited to find alot of seeds that were on my want list. Thanks Alana for doing such a great job with this swap, and to everyone donating their seeds!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

Hell0 All My package came just in time to sort through them while passing out candy!

Thank you Alana for a nice selection of seeds.

Thank you to everyone else who played too!

Lisa

• domehomedee
    10 years ago

Mine arrived! I'm so excited, this is like sorting through a bag of candy on Halloween! I was just sitting here thinking about how these seed exchanges have changed my garden. So many of the seeds I would never have even known about, let alone picked to grow. I have found some real keepers in past years and from the looks of these new ones, my garden is going to be gorgeous next Spring. Alana, thanks so much for doing all the work.

• graanieb
    10 years ago

Hope your Halloween was lots of fun, sorry about the shingles Darrin, hope you feel well soon, they're no fun that's for sure, my mom had them, sis had to massage her a lot, take care.
    Thank you all who participated in the top notch swap.
    Don't forget to turn clocks back and check smoke detector batteries.
    have a great weekend,
    Bea

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Happy November!!
    I just wanted to post a huge THANK YOU to Alana for my Bingo prize!! What a shock!

I've been so caught up in 'things' this week this is the first that I've checked emails!

THANK YOU SO MUCH ALANA!! SUPER SWAP, SUPER PRIZE, SUPER LADY! :D

Have a great Saturday!l
    vina

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

I thought my seeds may have gotten lost, they didn't!
    The package was opened BUT I have a couple of dozen packets of seeds that I am thrilled to have.

Thank you Alana for putting the whole swap together, I know how much time it takes..Thank you to all the players for sharing your seeds with me.

Lisa

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh no, Lisa. I am sorry about that! I'm glad there was something left.