Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattygrow5

UPDATE: Part 6-5th annual whats left on my want list sw

pattygrow5
14 years ago

Hi all sorry I thought I would check before I left for work I knew it was getting up there on maximum posts. I got the seeds separated between the 5 players sent in there is something in everyones bags already thats pretty good we got some good seeds back already. I gotta get to work I will post who I got seeds from later.

Patty

Comments (148)

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Chemocurl,
    Welllllllllllllllllllll,what did you get that is so exciting?We are all waiting.tapping foot.
    And, hows it going?
    cAROL

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

Lisa, I happened to check your page, and I did find something to add to my "want" list...hint hint :)
    Tammy

• perennialfan273
    14 years ago

Hey, I just wanted to get this message out. There's a new secret santa seed swap that just got started that's very similar to this one. You guys may consider checking it out (one more swap to add to the many list of the ones we're already doing lol). My good friend Michelle (ishareflowers) has been hosting this for a few years and I had a blast last year!!

• perennialfan273
    14 years ago

Correction...Kim (flwrs4ever) is hosting it, not Michelle. Sorry!

• sandysgardens
    14 years ago

I've completed round one of stuffing baggies (for most everyone) with seed packets. This weekend I'll go through the want lists one more time and see what else I can add. I think I'm around 300 at the moment, but I have sooooo much seed collected this year from my yard, our lake yard & neighbors lake yard, and my sister in KS that it's hard to draw the line on where to quit. Would rather send more than the limit since I would rather see the seeds going to a home to become a plant/flower than sit in one of my seed boxes.

Sandy

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Good morning, fellow swappers!

I just put the last of my 'Alma Paprika' peppers in the dehydrater. This is my third year to make homemade paprika powder, and every year, I wish I had planted more of them, because I use it up so fast! I think it is sweeter than storebought, and has just a tiny touch of heat, not hot like cayenne pepper or anything.

Anyway, the reason I am posting is that I already have seeds for everyone that has it on their wishlist, but now I have another batch of seeds drying, so if there is anyone else that would like some of these seeds, but DOESN'T already have it on their wishlist, please email me, and I will set some aside for you.

I have been bagging seeds a little each day, but I still have a long way to go. I sure hope that I can get finished before the deadline!

Bonnie

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Bonnie,
    I have Alma Paprika seeds and I plan on making Paprika powder next summer. I would love any tips you have on how to make it!
    Alana

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Alana, the first year I made it, I hung the peppers in the garage until they were completely dry, then ground them in the coffee bean grinder. Be aware that the coffee grinder will be stained orange for a while : ) The past two years, I have used our dehydrater to dry them, since it is so much faster. I cut them into 1/4 strips, so they'll dry quickly. They will be crisp when ready to grind. If they bend easily, they aren't dry enough.

I save my old spice jars, and use those to store it in.

Oh, I just thought of some other pepper seeds that I have if anyone is interested. It was a Mini Belle Mix, and I ended up with two colors. One is a chocolate, and the other is a red one that for some reason has a little bit of heat to it. If anyone is interested in those, just email me. I'd be happy to share them.

Bonnie

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi all I got another pack of seeds from
    58-alwaysagarden
    also the list I put above with received or sent I forgot to add #69 luvgardening2 sorry I just copied the clickable list please before you send check her list it is on the clickable list a few posts below the clickable list
    I never did separate seeds I will get the ones I have done tonight
    Patty

• quiltingfox
    14 years ago

Hi highalttransplant sent you an email just now. If you have any of the 'Alma Paprika' pepper seeds left I would love to have some.

Best to you and many thanks,
    quiltingfox

• sandysgardens
    14 years ago

Tammy (tammyinwv) - I went and looked at your want list a few minutes ago, and was able to add 4-5 more items to your baggie!!!

Sandy

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Quiltingfox, I haven't received your email, but I'll put you down for some of those 'Alma Paprika' seeds. I also have something on your wishlist that is in the pink section that says "Posted after the swap deadline, not intended for this swap." Do you really mean that, LOL, or should I go ahead and send it? (Nope, I'm not telling what it is, LOL)

Bonnie

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

Sandy, thank you, thank you :)
    Tammy

• quiltingfox
    14 years ago

Highalttransplant I emailed you via GW so don't know why it did not go through. Thank you very much for setting aside some paprika seeds for me. Temptation is too great, if you have something that is in the pink list go ahead and put it as requested from me and I will email Patty that you are sending me 2 things requested. Really hoping Patty won't mind me doing this.

Best to you and many thanks,
    quiltingfox

• patrob
    14 years ago

Finally got my seeds in the mail to you today, Patty. Thanks again for hosting my favorite swap of the entire year!

• perennialfan273
    14 years ago

Hey guys

I'm going to add one more thing to my want list if that's alright. If anybody has any named trachelium cultivars, I would LOVE to try them out.

Thanks

• gmom2-6boys
    14 years ago

Hi all

Bonnie, Ijust sent you an email.

gmom
    Sharon

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hi All!

Tammy, I dont see what seed that your talking about, help me out!

Angelady, I added three more wants to my list.... I'll post them here too, clustered bellflower, ladybells and I already forgot the third.lol

Lisa

• ggwrn
    14 years ago

Bonnie,
    I sent you an email through gardenweb also. I saw that you did not receive an email that quiltingfox sent you so I thought I should post here also. I would love to have some of the 'Alma Paprika' seeds if you have any left.

Ginger

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

DONE!! YAHOO!!

I'd do a happy dance but I am exhausted!!

Mailing tomorrow:))

I tried to keep track of the numbers and I ended up thinking I'm sending to more people then exist in this swap - UGH.
    I know I couldn't send to everyone because a few of you enjoy gardens WAY more exotic then mine...so I'm not sure where the counting went wrong - blame it on the wine.

Happy Gardening and Good Health All -

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Well, I've never had problems getting emails through GW before, but for some reason none of the ones you guys sent came through. I was trying to keep from clogging up the thread, but I guess you'll have to post if you want any of those 'Alma Paprika' seeds.

So far, I've got:

quiltingfox
    ggwrn
    gmom2_6boys
    jas_il - Hey, Jaynine's email DID come through! What's up with that?

Did anyone want any of the red or chocolate Mini Belle pepper seeds?

Congratulations Deb, on being done! I've still got a ways to go, but I'm excited about how many wishes I'll be able to fill.

Bonnie

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    14 years ago

Updates are done for those that posted or emailed me. Please, always double-check me to make sure I didn't mess anything up. And, PLEASE, don't worry about bothering me! I really enjoy doing this, so update all ya want!

Bonnie - I just have Paprika listed, not Alma Paprika specifically, so I thought I'd check to see if you included me before requesting it from you. It sounds awesome. I figured you saw it already on my list, but something in me had to double-check anyways! :-)

Blessings,
    Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Updated Nov. 6th - Compiled All Player Want Lists

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Good Morning everyone !! I am off to work in a minute but wanted to check in and say hi !

Bonnie, if you still have some left, I would love some of the red or chocolate mini belles ! thanks so much !!

Hope everyone has a great day ! TGIF !! I will be putting my poor banged up car in the shop today , will be glad when its fixed again !

~Iris

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

Lisa,I had looked at your plant list and if you saved seeds from these I would really love them. I hope you dont mind.
    aster-blue autumn
    bleeding heart-alba
    potentilla-miss wilmonts ghost
    rudbeckia-cappacino
    actaea- black negligee

Angelady ,here is what I added to my want list for updating:
    aster-blue autumn
    bleeding heart-alba
    potentilla-miss wilmonts ghost
    rudbeckia-cappacino
    actaea- black negligee
    Dahlberg Daisy
    Anemone Tomentosa
    Cornflower 'Dwarf Blue' or 'Blackball'
    Tomato Brandywine
    Tomato mortgage lifter
    Chrysanthemum "Blue Knoll" *hint*
    CLEMENTINE RED COLUMBINE
    Bean- Blue Lake Bush 274
    Bunny tails grass
    Basil- Purple Ruffles
    New 10/31
    Butterfly bush, any
    Carypoteris "Dark knight" (or any)
    Thanks guys
    Tammy

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

Lisa, I screwed up, after going back thru emails, I realized I already requested aster Blue Autumn.
    Tammy

• vikingkirken
    14 years ago

Angela,

I cannot BELIEVE I updated my list AGAIN... but sometimes it's just so hard to resist! Can you put the update into your document?

One of the items I added was paw paw... **hint hint ollierose!**

Thanks so much!!

Lori

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

Lori, I know how you feel. I have the same problem.
    tammy

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

FYI - it's SO much easier to mail your seeds if you bring Patty's address with to the PO.

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

LOL austinhanasmom - I did that last year :) Seriously this exact swap, had it all ready to go and forgot Patty's address lol.

Just a heads up, I have three varieties I'm waiting on. One is still fermenting, but the other two didn't get a chance to fully mature before the rains came. So, since there was more than one request for those two items and I want to have my own viable seed too (good excuse eh?), I place an order for some seed. Mine would not have germinated. So they will be good, pure, fresh and viable :) That's always nice eh? LOL

So it will be another week. Both items will ship quickly they are form very reputable and quick shipping companies. They expect my monthly orders lol...and it was an excuse to get a few new items lol. I should be able to have my packages in the mail by the end of next week or beginning of the following. I may go ahead and ship one then ship the other, not quite sure if I will just send via priority or not, in one box. But I'll keep y'all posted :)

Toni

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Bonnie, I would like to try some of your red and chocolate mini bell peppers, if you have any left.
    Thank you for the offer.
    Just1morehosta#20

• ollierose
    14 years ago

Hey Lori - I'm preplexed - I don't have paw paw seeds. Can you give me another hint? Maybe I'm missing something - I was on the phone with the IRS for a couple of hours today and then worked in the yard the rest of the day. It's entirely possible that I'm brain dead! Diana

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Just got home! Had a busy day today, lots of errands, and running kids here and there. Whoever says a stay-at-home mom doesn't work, or even stays at home, hasn't tried it!

Anyway, Angelady, I do have a packet of the 'Alma Paprika' seeds for you, I just assumed it was a close enough match. Glad I was right!

Rane grow, and just1morehosta, I have you both down for some of the red and chocolate Mini Belle seeds.

Well, gotta run start dinner. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll check in to see if anyone else wants those pepper seeds. Also, I still have a TON of Asclepias tuberosa 'Gay Butterflies' seeds if there is anyone else interested in them. Just remember that mine turned out to be a mix of yellow and orange though, no red.

Bonnie

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Bonnie, can you throw me in some Ascelpias tuberosa,also.
    I have been trying to get a butterfly garden going for the last couple of years.
    Thank you again,
    cAROL
    Just1morehosta#20

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Bonnie,

I'd like to have a packet of your gay butterflies.

Thanks,
    Lisa

• columbine21
    14 years ago

Bonnie, if you still have some Alma Paprika seeds, please set aside a packet for me. Thanks!

Toni, I think I have fairytale pumpkin on my want list, but in any case...I would love a packet from you! Thanks.

Rebekah

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Rebekah, I'm glad you said something cause I didn't search for it initially because I didn't have it when I downloaded the list. But I have you down now :) All packed up and ready for mailing lol

Toni

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

I stopped by the butterfly forum. I noticed that sveral of my plant requests , and some seeds that I have for next yr would be ideal for a butterfly garden. Now I am really intrigued with the thought of starting one next yr. I also read that Rue color> was recommended for Swallowtails. So I have added that to my "Want" list. Now I'm off to see what else I can discover about this.
    Tammy

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

A little off topic here,but i just HAD to share with you my great buy.
    I was checking CRAIGS list,just for fun, when i see an add for potting soil mix.
    My eyes zero in on this one ha ha,so i click on it to see what it is all about,it reads,10 bags Miracle Grow Potting mix,$5.00 a bag.
    So I had hubby call,and we went to have a look,WOW!This guy had 100 bags,just thrown behind his barn,he worked for a company,that if a bag broke open,he could have it,some of the bags just had a tiny tare in them.
    He had maybe 10 bags of 2 cubic ft,Organic,10 bags Garden Soil,the rest all potting mix,all 2 cubic feet,some 3.never seen a bag like this before.
    So, of course we took it all,drum roolllllllllllllllll,
    $4.00,a bag,about 10 bags free,plus he delivered it,and helped unload it.CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!
    He said he will have more in the spring,and he will even have MULCH.
    I am set now for WGing,with out a worry about potting mix,i can sow what ever my little heart desires.
    I am bursting at the seams here, just had to share my great buy with you all.
    Doing the happy dance over here.
    cAROL

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

SCORE cAROL!!! That's awesome!!! Off to craigs list to find some in our area lol.

Toni

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

I've been packaging seeds up all afternoon, and I've just run out of labels! I still have somewhere between 30 - 50 to go, so I'll have to pick up some more before I can finish up.

Just1morehosta, congratulations on your potting soil! I have you, and ishareflowers, down for some of the Asclepias tuberosa 'Gay Butterflies'.

Columbine21, I have you down for some of the 'Alma Paprika' seeds.

You know I think what excites me most about this swap is being able to share seeds that I've harvested from my own garden. I'll be sending a few leftover commercial seeds too, but the majority are things that I grew, and it's just cool to think that they might be growing in gardens all over the country next year!

Bonnie

• ruthz
    14 years ago

tammyinwv,
    If you don't already grow Bronze Fennel you'll want that for your Butterfly garden. I saw several Black Swallowtail caterpillars on my plants, and had no plants left when they were finished. I did have lots of Butterfly's this year. More yellow Swallowtails, sulfers and orange Monarch types than black ones despite feeding them my Bronze Fennel. I grow Asclepias curassavica butterfly weed that is a host plant for Monarchs.

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

cAROL - I'm nearly doing a happy dance here for you too!! WOW. That's awesome!!

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi all I got no seeds on Friday and one today from
    patrob
    So here is an updated list
    Wow the time has gone fast we only have 18 more days to have the seeds mailed

1 pattygrow5-HERE mostly done I am still waiting for a few
    2 angelady
    3 morguegirl
    4 ilovefarac
    5 ollierose
    6 sguanzon
    7 austinnhanasmom-SENT
    8 jaynine-RECEIVED
    9 rbrady
    10 stage_rat
    11 highalttransplant
    12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
    13 kilngod
    14 conniesc-RECEIVED
    15 ishareflowers-RECEIVED
    16 barefootgardner12
    17 agirlsgirl
    18 lisam627_ohio_z6
    19 patty_b-RECEIVED
    20 just1morehosta-RECEIVED
    21 dirtdiggin
    22 joy_unspeakable
    23 poisondartfrog-RECEIVED
    24 patrob-RECEIVED
    25 perennialfan27
    26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
    27 sassybutterfly_2008
    28 ggwrn
    29 julie_mn
    30 kamiljablo
    31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
    32 beverlysc
    33 sandlapper_rose-RECEIVED
    34 ruthz
    35 bhnash
    36 gardenmom2
    37 jas_il
    38 strmywthr3
    39 debby_1-RECEIVED
    40 kalena67
    41 suecirish--RECEIVED
    42 sunset_in
    43 paulan70
    44 smpetrou
    45 sakura_komichi
    46 sandysgardens
    47 vikingkirken
    48 drippy-RECEIVED
    49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
    50 molanic
    51 chemocurl
    52 gmom2-6boys
    53 smitties
    54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
    55 ibartoo
    56 rane_grow
    57 esiuol
    58 alwaysagarden-RECEIVED
    59 jacoblily
    60 micyrey-RECEIVED
    61 threeshyacres
    62 neohippie
    63 dorisl-RECEIVED
    64 deanna_in_nh
    65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
    66 columbine21
    67 grovespirit
    68 hibiscusfan
    69 luvgardening2
    I keep forgeting but Thanks so much to all of the players that have sent me little gifts for hosting it is so sweet you didn't have to do that knowing you are happy with your seeds is the best gift
    Those bags are getting pretty fat I have to get bigger boxes to put them in LOL
    Patty

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

ruthz, thanks for the info. i added Bronze Fennel to my want list. I do have a few seeds from an old trade marked "Milkweed". Is that possibly the Asclepias curassavica you mentioned? I know milkweed is aclepsia, but I realize there are different varieties. I dont know if one is any better than the other. Do you have a seperate bed just for your butterflies, or just intermingle with your other plants?
    Tammy

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

If it is not to late,and any one has Bronzed Fennel,i would like to have a small pack please.
    Thank you,
    cAROL

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Carol I will send you some bronze fennel
    Patty

• columbine21
    14 years ago

Toni, a big thank you! So you are ready to mail? I hope I will have my seeds on their way to Patty soon.

Bonnie, thank you for the paprika seeds! I would have had it on my want list to begin with, but I didn't think about it until I saw your post. Paprika is good on baked fish!

Rebekah

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Rebekah, not quite ready for a full shipment. Am awaiting two types of seeds for requests and then my package(s) will be on their way :)

Toni

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Thank you Patty,i am trying to grow for butterflies.
    cAROL

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi all,
    you are welcome Carol
    I am going to start a new thread we are almost at the maximum number of posts
    Patty