Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: *******Annual Theme Garden Swap 2012********

Posted by micyrey 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 7:54

Hello
The theme garden swap is for gardeners that have or want gardens planted with a Theme, fairy garden, angel garden, and so on. Use your imagination when coming up with your gardens and with matching seeds to someones garden.

send by date dec 20th, if this is too short just let me know, I don't want to wait too long as the WLOMWLS will be in jan and I would like gardeners to get their seeds back so they can post seeds still wanted on their want lists.

please don't send seeds older that 2011, we want good viable seeds so we all have a good gardening experiance. I like 20 to 25 seeds per trade but I know the size of acceptible trade has gotten smaller so use your best judgment on trade size.

when you pack your seeds put them in a baggie/envie/piece of paper with all seeds for that person and put their name on it. please dont put their name on the seed bag, they may end up going to someone else. If you send more seeds than you want back just let me know we always have newbees that dont have much to send. if you send hundereds of packs just know I will have to put things not in your themes to fill your envie. I would like US players only, I have trouble with sending to canada and you cant post here, but I wont turn you away if you are willing to take the chance, you would email me your list and I will post it.

I want everyone to have a great experiance with this swap so if you have any questions or concerns just let me know. I will be flexable

michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: *******Annual Theme Garden Swap 2012********

hello
here is my themes
1. butterfly garden
- nector plants or butterfly named plants
2. dry garden
- drought tolerant plants.
3. caterpillar garden
- anything butterfly cats like
4. guinna pig garden( this is for the boys)
- carrots, celery, leafy vegies.
5. salsa garden
- toms, peppers, onions, and so on for making salsa.

well thats all for me.
michelle

o

Here is my list.
1. Shrub-a-dub-dub = Shrubs
2. LackaDAISYcal = Happy-Go-Lucky Daisies or Daisy-like flowers.
3. Planting By the Book = Flowers or plants mentioned in books.
4. All Fired Up = Firery colored flowers with red, orange and/or yellow.
5. I'm Just Wild about Harry = Plants that have hairy leaves, stems or fruit.

o

jensyen, I really like your themes! If I had not already planned mine I might have been tempted to hijack a couple of those.

My themes this year:

1. Plain Vanilla (unembellished whites and near whites)
2. Double Bed (double blooms)
3. "fairy places, fairy things, Fairy woods where the wild bee wings," (fanciful and fey)
4.Orange Blossom Special (all shades of orange)
5. Zoology Major (animal references in botanical, common or varietal names)

o

One of these themes is from someone's idea last year, but I had to use it because it is right in line with my garden.

1. Coffee and Cream (name of seed or color: cream, brown or both)
2. Getting Some Zzzz's (sleep, rest, or anything beginning with the letter Z)
3. The Voleminator (We have voles that love to eat all the roots of my plant and kill it - trying to grow more things that won't be tasty to them so probably something deer resistent, etc.)
4. Gnome Sweet Gnome (Gnomes roam in my garden. Asking for cute little plants to join them in the garden.)
5. Dutch Treat (plants that remind you of Holland - name, color, etc.)

This swap is always such fun!

Jeanne

o

I would love to sign up. Have never done a theme garden mine is so "hodge podge". Coming up with themes is really hard but here is mine...and probably not so much with a theme but....

1. Short and Sweet (for a terrace that is in full sun)
2. Sedums it shall be (sprinkler doesn't seem to get this area)
3. Wet feet (pond and surrounding area)
4. Down the garden path (shorter varieties)
5. Along the dry creek (shorter varieties also)

Sending you an email.

Ellie

o

1. [I'm late! I'm late I'm late to the party] Between Disney and my memory, this is more of a garble than a quote from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderful. But the sense of it is 1st theme: flowers that are "late" to the garden; that is, that bide their time through summer festivities and then flower until frost. Dahlias, morning glories and sages come to mind.

2. Although I would be grateful for any late-blooming flower, I would also love some late-flowering blues for shade or partial shade. Some examples could be:

Wood asters, Asarina sp., Browallia, Ceratostigma plumbaginoides, Gentians, Omphalodes linifolia (bluish when opens; annual), Parochetis communis (z8a, blue flwrs, burgundy Lvs), Salvia forskaoli (sp? - had it but lost it), Torenia

3. Complementary plants for blues - dark purple or maroon leaves like Prunus cistena; Forest Pansy (redbud? hazel?); Ajuga metallica or Chocolate

4. Other blues for partial shade could be other times: Early - Asperula orientalis (sp?), Corydalis (blue kinds), Omphalodes cappadocica (perennial); Miseason - Iris japonica

5. Other blues could include any other color with some degree of blue in it, like mauve, lilac, taupe, violet, icy blue, deep blue, slate blue, black purple, etc.

If anyone can share any seeds of the foregoing, it would be so much appreciated :)

o

I would like to play, but here's the deal - I have gobs of seeds, which I like to share in swaps, but I absolutely do NOT want a lot back - I just wind up feeling guilty if I can't plant them, and seldom have the motivation to figure out creative ways to share them. So here is my theme:

One Singular Sensation - if there was ONE outstanding plant in your garden this year (or last okay too), be it annual, perennial, shrub, vegetable or herb (no full sized - larger than 6' - trees, please) that set seed, I would like from seeds from that. If you haven't been impressed with anything in your garden, that's okay - don't send me anything - I'm not likely to run out of seeds in my lifetime, LOL.

This is always a fun swap - the creativity (and humor) of folks involved makes it great. Thanks for hosting it, Micyrey. :)

o

I would love to play ...this is an awesome idea Michelle!

1)Fruit of the Vine : Vine fruit like grapes, scupernongs, kiwi, strawberries, tomatoes, blackberries (preferably thornless), and other interesting yummy vine edibles

2)Green With Envy: Green Flowers like maybe green zinnia, kermit mums, Bells of Ireland, green hellaborus, green echinacea, green columbines, green daisies, and so forth

3)Minty Fresh: Different mint scents and flavors

4)Don't Bug Me: My grandpa used to plant different flowers with his veggie crops and around his fruit trees...I don't remember what they were but he said they kept bugs away from his crops...1 of them was gladiolias...i know glads are bulbs but was wondering if there were any other flowers maybe that do the same job and are pretty also...

5)Too Pretty To Eat: Edible plants that are beautiful to look at in bloom or flowers that are edible...these can be things like squash that have big beautiful blooms, okra has pretty flowers, or flowers you can eat like clovers and other flowers that can be eaten...

o

hello
lots of great themes so far.
moonfire - I think merigolds are one of those flowers that help keep bugs from your plants, if I have time later I can google it and post a list of these plants.

players
1. micyrey
2. jensyne
3. poisondartfrog
4. sandlapperrose
5. farmgirl2009
6. primrose1x3
7. drippy
8. moonfire

I will keep everyone in order so if you just want to put the players number on their seeds that is fine.

I have a request to move the WLOMWL swap to feb/march, I'm fine with this but it will mean winter sowers will be getting their seeds late. I start planting my seeds in late feb early march esp my vegies like tomatos. I will do what ever you all like.

michelle

o

Michelle, I think I was the one who was asking for extended time for this swap and therefore delaying the WLOM@L. But I noticed Patrob's post elsewhere that for southerners like her, delaying the WLOMWL would interfere with their "winter" sowing - they can't do it later like us "northerners".

Sooooo, don't delay the WLOMWL on my behalf. As for extended time for this swap - might be nice if needed for some of us.

Dawn's not far away - thanks again for doing this swap - Fairies love the blue in shadows,

Karen

o

no worries Karen, I wanted to give it a fair chance by asking.

I would like the seeds for this one to be in before christmas so I can do the sorting wile we are on christmas break( I work at the high school ) but if that is too soon just have them in the mail by the end of the year.

michelle

o

Bump ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tell your friends to join!!!

o

Am beginning to mosey around different kinds of gardens to get ideas for which seed to match to which theme. Thought y'all might like the following link that matches plants to their respective member of lepidoptera, which encompasses both butterflies & moths - http://www.judywoods.dial.pipex.com/plants/associations.html

Before applying myself to the task, I browsed the names, and since we're following faeries and other fey through our garden paths in this theme swap, I couldn't help but notice one plant named for the Goddess Circe (Circe was the enchantress in Homer's Odyssey who turned Homer's crew into pigs).

Circe offering the cup to Odysseus, by John William Waterhouse, 1891 - http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/detail.php?ID=14926

If you click the thumbnail to enlarge it, you can see how wonderfully Waterhouse rendered violets, another plant for the butterfly garden - said to make a great host for caterpillars.

Circaea lutetiana (Enchanter's Nightshade) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circaea_lutetiana - The links at the bottom of this wiki webpage look interesting.

I promise to bring back more links for other themes in this swap, so I won't be the only one saying "I'm late, I'm late!"

Karen lol

o

Don't mean to be hogging this swap, but this link for butterfly plants seems to be more about garden plants we are all already growing than the one I previously posted: http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/consumer/factsheets/butterflies/text/butfly_nectar-flowers.html

o

Where have all our theme swappers gone? We usually have many more. I need a challenge, lol.

o

Adding my wishes to Michelle's, Jensyen's & Alana's - more swappers would be more than welcome :)

I have been hunting up more lists to help out with the above themes, and this post is loonnnnngggg, so go get a cup of tea before starting this one.

The following lists pertain to Jensyen's theme, Planting By the Book = Flowers or plants mentioned in books.

The first list of flowers accompanies Celia Thaxter's flower garden diagram in her book, An Island Garden, and the 1895 edition is available for free, digitalized online here: http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/thaxter/garden/garden.html .

One of the flowers she grew (Papaver rhoeas) spilled out of the garden and down the slope to the sea, and that was one of the paintings, watercolors & pastels that the American impressionist, Childe Hassam, did for Thaxter's book - http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/detail.php?ID=27087 (You can click to enlarge and save to your hard drive to display on your computer monitor). For more of
Childe Hassam's work, go to
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/list.php?m=a&s=du&aid=1310 .

Another garden-writer/designer extraordinaire was Gertrude Jekyll, and one of her signature flowers was the strongly perfumed Hosta plantaginea grandiflora (Funkia grandiflora in her time).

She writes about it in Colour Schemes for the Garden, which also includes her flower designs so you can see exactly how she implemented her theories about color with flowers. See
http://openlibrary.org/search?q=Gertrude+Jekyll - this book is copyright-protected, but this link gives sources of her books as well as a couple of other of her books that are free & digitalized online.)

No book about fragrant flowers could avoid mentioning pinks (Dianthus species & cultivars) - and Louise Beebe Wilder loved and wrote about them so well -
http://openlibrary.org/search?q=Louise+Beebe+Wilder . In this link, sources are given of her books, The Fragrant Path, as well as Adventures in my Garden and Rock Garden, plus a couple of links to two other free, digitalized online books of hers.

I am looking forward to being cooped up by our woodstove this winter and re-reading these books while I wait for spring, and I hope anyone reading this will too.
-----------------
oops - forgot to give you this list of Shakespeare's flowers - Especially in a Midsummer Night's Dream, you will find flowers among the fairies - http://www.pnc.edu/cd/garden.html

o

hello everyone
wow were is everyone, is this just too early for this swap?
should we do it later and combine it with WLOMWL swap?
or over lap the swaps. dont wait to the last min to sign up.
michelle

o

What's going on with most of our seed swaps? People seem interested but not many folks are signing up. So many of us plan our gardens and start seeds by late January that I have a hard time accepting that it is too early. Postage may be a little more, but compared against the cost of buying seeds vs trading for volume the cost is negligible.
Is there a particular kind of swap we need, or changes we need to make to processes to encourage participation? Even Secret Santa, which has been wildly popular, seems to be down a little.
I've come to enjoy the swaps almost as I do planting so I am up for whatever people are interested in.
Alana

o

For anyone needing help with themes, I have a few that I will not be using that you can use. Email me and I will send you the list. What you don't use I will send on to someone else. Hope this helps.

o

Hello everyone,
I've been reading the posts and wanted to say that the gardenweb traders are some of the most dedicated, generous, and creative people on the planet... so from my perspective its nothing that anyone is doing wrong. For me, the reasons why I probably will not participate in this trade this year have to do with the heat spell last April, not much seed produced in the garden, late maturing because of crazy weather patterns, and just the timing of a crazy year. Looking at the themes, I don't have a lot that I could offer. I guess I just don't want to be a "bad" trader or dead weight in the swap.
Thanks to some wonderful swaps here in the past, my tiny garden is about as full as it can be. I've expanded so much from the new varieties I got from trades here that there doesn't seem to be any more room in my garden for new stuff.
A long winded way of saying "you're all doing more than fine" and to let you know that I've been very very happy with every round robin I've participated in. Sometimes the timing works out well, and other times it just doesn't line up.
Keep up the good work... and hopefully I'll be in next year.
George

o

I am a newbie, I am not sure I have enough to do much, can I still try?
If I am allowed I promise to send something but may not be able to fill a whole category.

My themes if I am allowed to participate:

1.Peter picked a peck of peppers: Any and all sorts of peppers
2. A man name Herb: Any herbs
3. Can't beat beets: Any beets, especially pale colors
4. Years gone by: annual flowers to brighten up my garden
5. Fruit or Vegetable?: The wonderful tomato, not heirloom I didn't have much luck with those, but everyday varieties including cherry. Yellow, Orange, Green or Red

Did I do this correctly?

o

hello connie
you are welcome, this swap is has no minimum on seeds, send what you can fit in any theme no need to fill a theme.
you themes look great
michelle

o

Thanks Michelle, I am excited.
When we send the seeds do we send something with our return address and postage for you to use? I read the directions above but it didn't say?

o

goodmorning
some players send a shipping lable or write it on a note inside your envie. sorry I forgot to put that in the first post. also dont forget to put your garden web name inside as well.
michelle

o

I'm thinking about joining, but my garden is more of a hodgepodge of whatever I thought looked nice and would survive. I'm not even sure I can come up with anything creative enough... Drawing a complete blank right now.

o

dont worry Hodgepodge can be your theme and see what you get.\
you are welcome to join.
michelle

o

dont worry Hodgepodge can be your theme and see what you get.\
you are welcome to join.
michelle

o

Well, I have a few spots that I'd like to fill in, so I'll give it a shot.

This was much more challenging than I thought it would be. I borrowed a few phrases and altered them to suit the theme...

1. I Ain't Afraid of No Shade - Shade loving plants.

2. "All I wanna to do is have some tea." - Plants that can be dried and used in teas.

3. "Mosquito Jean is not my lover. She's just a bug who will not leave me alone. Her biting - I can't condone." - Plants that repell mosquitoes and other pests. (Alright, alright. Writing songs is not my strong point!)

4. Out With the Mulch, In With the Green - Short, non-invasive groundcovers.

5. America the Beautiful - Anything patriotic-colored (red, white, and blue), preferably perennials but annuals will do too. [Not the most creative theme, but this is for a friend whose daughter loves everything patriotic, especially the colors.]

I hope these are acceptable!

Jeff

o

Yes, I would love to join.. one of my very favorite swaps!!

Will be back later to post my themes.

Cindy

o

1. I'm green and I think it's what I wanna be
hostas, etc.

2. Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunflower garden!

3. The Music of the Night
Plants that give flowers of purple, blues, blacks

4. Well Hello Dolly!
Tall or short, flowers that are bright and noticed

5. In my own little corner, in my own little chair
Fairy Garden

o

Oh Michelle, I love this swap!! Please count me in again.

Themes:
1. Sunsets and Moonshine ~ HOT & BRIGHT pinks, oranges, reds & yellows ~ any and all colors found in the sunset, as well as cool colors that would work well in a moon garden.

2. Cherry Jubilee ~ Any and all cherry tomatoes!

3. Hummmmmmmmers Galore ~ I'm in desperate need of flowers that will attract the hummers. I have one lonely bird every year.. he needs some friends!

4. Sassy's Scentsational Blooms ~ Would love anything that smells delicious!

5. Bushy & Beautiful ~ any shrubbery that can be grown from seed. ex: Beautyberry, Roses, Peony, etc.

Alana ~ even the signups for the Winterswap 2012 have been down so far.. I'm trying to rally them up. I think maybe it's just been a tough gardening year for everyone? I, too, enjoy the challenge of interesting ideas to try to go thru my seeds and find the ones that 'fit'. :)

Thanks for hosting Michelle!
Sassyb.

o

hello
well this is the last day for sign ups thought I would put all the lists together.
1. micyrey - michelle1. butterfly garden
- nector plants or butterfly named plants
2. dry garden
- drought tolerant plants.
3. caterpillar garden
- anything butterfly cats like
4. guinna pig garden( this is for the boys)
- carrots, celery, leafy vegies.
5. salsa garden
- toms, peppers, onions, and so on for making salsa.

2. jensyen
1. Shrub-a-dub-dub = Shrubs
2. LackaDAISYcal = Happy-Go-Lucky Daisies or Daisy-like flowers.
3. Planting By the Book = Flowers or plants mentioned in books.
4. All Fired Up = Firery colored flowers with red, orange and/or yellow.
5. I'm Just Wild about Harry = Plants that have hairy leaves, stems or fruit.

3. poisondartfrog
1. Plain Vanilla (unembellished whites and near whites)
2. Double Bed (double blooms)
3. "fairy places, fairy things, Fairy woods where the wild bee wings," (fanciful and fey)
4.Orange Blossom Special (all shades of orange)
5. Zoology Major (animal references in botanical, common or varietal names)

4. sandlapperrose
1. Coffee and Cream (name of seed or color: cream, brown or both)
2. Getting Some Zzzz's (sleep, rest, or anything beginning with the letter Z)
3. The Voleminator (We have voles that love to eat all the roots of my plant and kill it - trying to grow more things that won't be tasty to them so probably something deer resistent, etc.)
4. Gnome Sweet Gnome (Gnomes roam in my garden. Asking for cute little plants to join them in the garden.)
5. Dutch Treat (plants that remind you of Holland - name, color, etc.)

5. farmgirl2009
1. Short and Sweet (for a terrace that is in full sun)
2. Sedums it shall be (sprinkler doesn't seem to get this area)
3. Wet feet (pond and surrounding area)
4. Down the garden path (shorter varieties)
5. Along the dry creek (shorter varieties also)

6. primrose1x3
1. [I'm late! I'm late I'm late to the party] Between Disney and my memory, this is more of a garble than a quote from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderful. But the sense of it is 1st theme: flowers that are "late" to the garden; that is, that bide their time through summer festivities and then flower until frost. Dahlias, morning glories and sages come to mind.
2. Although I would be grateful for any late-blooming flower, I would also love some late-flowering blues for shade or partial shade. Some examples could be:

Wood asters, Asarina sp., Browallia, Ceratostigma plumbaginoides, Gentians, Omphalodes linifolia (bluish when opens; annual), Parochetis communis (z8a, blue flwrs, burgundy Lvs), Salvia forskaoli (sp? - had it but lost it), Torenia

3. Complementary plants for blues - dark purple or maroon leaves like Prunus cistena; Forest Pansy (redbud? hazel?); Ajuga metallica or Chocolate

4. Other blues for partial shade could be other times: Early - Asperula orientalis (sp?), Corydalis (blue kinds), Omphalodes cappadocica (perennial); Miseason - Iris japonica

5. Other blues could include any other color with some degree of blue in it, like mauve, lilac, taupe, violet, icy blue, deep blue, slate blue, black purple, etc.

7. drippy
One Singular Sensation - if there was ONE outstanding plant in your garden this year (or last okay too), be it annual, perennial, shrub, vegetable or herb (no full sized - larger than 6' - trees, please) that set seed, I would like from seeds from that. If you haven't been impressed with anything in your garden, that's okay - don't send me anything - I'm not likely to run out of seeds in my lifetime, LOL.

8. moonfire
1)Fruit of the Vine : Vine fruit like grapes, scupernongs, kiwi, strawberries, tomatoes, blackberries (preferably thornless), and other interesting yummy vine edibles

2)Green With Envy: Green Flowers like maybe green zinnia, kermit mums, Bells of Ireland, green hellaborus, green echinacea, green columbines, green daisies, and so forth

3)Minty Fresh: Different mint scents and flavors

4)Don't Bug Me: My grandpa used to plant different flowers with his veggie crops and around his fruit trees...I don't remember what they were but he said they kept bugs away from his crops...1 of them was gladiolias...i know glads are bulbs but was wondering if there were any other flowers maybe that do the same job and are pretty also...

5)Too Pretty To Eat: Edible plants that are beautiful to look at in bloom or flowers that are edible...these can be things like squash that have big beautiful blooms, okra has pretty flowers, or flowers you can eat like clovers and other flowers that can be eaten.

9. chefconnie
1.Peter picked a peck of peppers: Any and all sorts of peppers
2. A man name Herb: Any herbs
3. Can't beat beets: Any beets, especially pale colors
4. Years gone by: annual flowers to brighten up my garden
5. Fruit or Vegetable?: The wonderful tomato, not heirloom I didn't have much luck with those, but everyday varieties including cherry. Yellow, Orange, Green or Red

10. vajeff
1. I Ain't Afraid of No Shade - Shade loving plants.

2. "All I wanna to do is have some tea." - Plants that can be dried and used in teas.

3. "Mosquito Jean is not my lover. She's just a bug who will not leave me alone. Her biting - I can't condone." - Plants that repell mosquitoes and other pests. (Alright, alright. Writing songs is not my strong point!)

4. Out With the Mulch, In With the Green - Short, non-invasive groundcovers.

5. America the Beautiful - Anything patriotic-colored (red, white, and blue), preferably perennials but annuals will do too. [Not the most creative theme, but this is for a friend whose daughter loves everything patriotic, especially the colors.]

11. alwaysagarden
1. I'm green and I think it's what I wanna be
hostas, etc.
2. Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunflower garden!

3. The Music of the Night
Plants that give flowers of purple, blues, blacks

4. Well Hello Dolly!
Tall or short, flowers that are bright and noticed

5. In my own little corner, in my own little chair
Fairy Garden

12. sassybutterfly
1. Sunsets and Moonshine ~ HOT & BRIGHT pinks, oranges, reds & yellows ~ any and all colors found in the sunset, as well as cool colors that would work well in a moon garden.

2. Cherry Jubilee ~ Any and all cherry tomatoes!

3. Hummmmmmmmers Galore ~ I'm in desperate need of flowers that will attract the hummers. I have one lonely bird every year.. he needs some friends!

4. Sassy's Scentsational Blooms ~ Would love anything that smells delicious!

5. Bushy & Beautiful ~ any shrubbery that can be grown from seed. ex: Beautyberry, Roses, Peony, etc.

if we don't have any other players, this is it. you can start sending seeds tomorrow. I will send out my address today if you don't get an email by tomorrow post here and I will send it again.
I pulled out my seeds last night, so I'm ready.
michelle

o

What fun themes! I'll start to get my seeds together right after the Thanksgiving weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Jeanne

o

I didn't get an email yet, am I being too impatient?

o

I didn't get an email yet, am I being too impatient?

o

hello
I just the address out to y'all this morning, my internet was acting funny last night.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
michelle

o

Woohoo! My seeds are almost ready.

o

Hmmm, I still didn't get the address, I will send you an email

o

I got my seeds out today. Hope everyone here has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

o

connie I sent you another email
hope you get it
michelle

o

Michelle,

I don't know what's wrong. I sent myself an email and it went through, and I got an email from Wendy on the Winter Sowing swap?? Can you send it to tcmcaking@mac.com?

o

hello
I sent another email and texted you the address.
hope this works, or else its twilight zone time.
michelle

o

Michelle, I did get your text! Thank you so much, my package is ready to go out I will mail it tomorrow.

Still no email though?? I wonder what the problem is? I guess just text if you need something. I still wonder why I get other emails but not yours??

o

I sent a request to the help line about my email.
Do we send you postage and a SASBE?

o

hello
glade you finaly got how ever you got it,
yes you need to send return postage money or forever stamps.
happy thanksgiving everyone

o

I mailed my seeds out this morning with stamps for return postage! I am excited!
Connie

o

Will be putting seeds together this coming weekend, hope to have them mailed then too.

o

hello everyone
I went through my seeds last night and got them all sorted and labled. I dont like to wait to the last min even if I'm hosting. I'm already to start sorting as soon as they get here.
I love swapping time
michelle

o

I'm working on my package today. LOVE working on this swap! :)

o

hello
I got seeds today from connie and jensyen.
michelle

o
RE: NEW: *****#*Annual Theme Garden Swap 2012********

hello
I got seeds today from connie and jensyen.
michelle

o

I mailed my seeds this morning.
Thanks, Alana

o

Mine will be going in the mail today.

Thanks again for hosting.

Ellie

o

I got my seeds together and will mail later this week. My plants didn't set seeds as well as usual this year - and the voles that ate the plants didn't help any, but I hope you like what I send. I managed to get at least two packs for each person that corresponds to your themes.

o

My seeds went in the mail today - have fun!

Kim

o

hello
I got squishies from poisondartfrog, drippy, and farmgirl today. great seeds so far, thanks kim for sharing so many.
michelle

o

I mailed my seeds today. Happy sorting, Michelle!
Jeanne

o

Just got my seeds all ready over the weekend...got many packs of seeds for everyone or tried to...there will not be the 20 to 25 seeds in each pack but there will be enough variety for each person in mine to make up for it...there were some seeds that i only had a few of but still wanted to share as they fit the themes...most have a good number of seeds in the packets but there are some that have just a few and some have more than 25...i thought the ones that have just a few would be worth it tho as they are special seeds to me or seeds i had set back to plant this next spring and i would have liked to have had them too if i were on the receiving end...will get them mailed out sometime this week :)

o

MoonFire - my seeds follow the same rationale as yours - if some packets have small numbers of seeds, it's because they were relevant to a theme but in small numbers to begin with. I'm still cleaning, packing & sorting - hope to mail mine later this week.

May our gardens be as fascinating as pretty...and not become too much more fascinating than pretty and if they do then may the neighbors smile benignly upon our follies.

Karen

o

Don't worry, ladies, I follow that same rule. When something matched the theme and I only sent a few seeds, that was because I sent all that I had. No problem with anyone doing that as far as I'm concerned.
Jeanne

o

hello
I got jeanne's seeds today.
thanks jeanne
michelle

o

Michelle - I just sent you two emails via your GardenWeb member page, asking for your mailing address (the 2nd one gives you my email address). My seeds are ready to send in, but do need your mailing address.

Thanks in advance,
Karen

o

Michelle - nevermind - I sent you a Halloween package for Alana's zombie festival so already have your address. Perhaps Halloween hasn't yet ended for me yet urk.

Karen

o

I just realized that I never received your email with the address, Michelle. If you could send it again that would be great!

Thanks.

o

hello
vajeff - I sent you the address again, you might want to check your spam folder.
or email me directly
michelle

o

It went through. I might have accidentally overlooked it the first time. Sorry!

Jeff

o

Sent my seeds December 5

o

Hello
Primrose your seeds came yesterday, we went to Iowa for the night and I didn't have time to post before we left.
They are safe and sound
Michelle

o

Thank you Michelle - good to know. Hope you had fun in Iowa :)

karen

o

hello
I got seeds from alwaysagarden today, yay more seeds to sort.
michelle

o

Hi Michelle...I've had my envelope ready to mail out to you for about a week now...but I'm embarrassed to admit I forgot which Michelle you were as I've got 4 Michelle's addresses from trades...I've went back to our last trade and I think I have your address...please confirm it for me tho so I send it to the right person...you are Michelle Reynolds right?...and is your mailing address the same as it was back when we did our October swap? ...if so I'll get it out shortly :)...thanks, Dianne

o

hello
no problem dianne, I'm reynolds in missouri.
hope that helps
michelle

o

Yep that's the one i thought you were :) ...Will try to get the package sent out to you tomorrow

o

hello
we have a few more that need to send, the due date is coming up. if you are dropping let me know.
michelle

o

Hello
I have been having some computer trouble but am barrouing my hubby's iPad so I can keep in touch. I have not heard from sassy butterfly if you have sent yet, vajeff did you ever receive my address? Moonfire yours should be here soon. All the seeds have been sorted so far, so I'm hopping to get them on their way home before the end of the year.
This is the last run up to Christmas and it is time for me to start baking cookies. What is everyone else up to?

Jeanne I hope you are feeling better. Huggs

Michelle

o

Michelle,
Wendy's son has been in the hospital but was recently released.
Alana

o

Hi Michelle...I'm sorry I'm so late ...I left the package for one of my daughters to mail out and it didn't get in the mail...I just took it to the mail this morning...I sent it priority so it should get there quicker...I had them weigh it at the po and put enough stamps in the bubbly to send it back at the same weight normal mail...I didn't know if you'd need more postage than that...if so please don't put yourself out if the postage isn't enough...thanks so much Michelle and thanks for hosting this :)...confirmation tracking # is 0311 3260 0000 7255 0445 ...I got one just because i'm so late mailing out...

I also got the Christmas card you sent!!! Wasn't expecting it at all but it did put a big smile on my face, especially since this last week has been a long stressful week...thanks for the friendship, Dianne

o

Back from out of town. Mine is in the mail. It should arrive soon.

o

hello
I got vajeff's and moonfire's seeds today. sassy's will be a little late but I told her not to worry, they should be here next week.
michelle

o

Mine are in the mail! :)

o

hello
all the seeds are in and sorted. i will try to get them in the mail monday.
I have 3 people down for delivery conf #s...
alwaysagarden
moonfire
primrose

would anyone else like a DC#?

michelle

o

Hi, Michelle - no thank you on DC - I am ok even if seeds get lost, LOL - not like I don't have enough already!

Oh, and you can send mine last if you like - I'm in no hurry!

Thanks so much for hosting,

Kim

o

hello
well your seeds are all on the way home.
thanks for playing, you all made this another great swap.
happy gardening
michelle

o

Thanks so much for all your hard work, Michelle. Now I'm excited! I'll let you know when my seeds arrive.
Jeanne

o

I received my seeds today and what a wonderful selection. Thank you Michelle for all your work on this and everyone who participated. Thank you very much.

Ellie

o

I got mine today, as well. Thank you Michelle, and thanks to all of you who sent such a lovely assortment of seeds for my themes!
Alana

o

I got my seeds today......WOW!! completely overwhelmed. I just spent two hours sorting seeds. Thank you so much to everyone what a great swap.
Connie

o

Received my seeds today. Thank you Michelle for all your hard work and everyone who participated. Love all my new seeds!
Jen

o

My seeds arrived today. Thanks so much, everyone! I will have fun looking up pictures of some on the computer. It's always nice to receive seed surprises!
Thanks for you hard work as hostess, too, Michelle.
Jeanne

o

I got my seeds today too and hubby and I were like kids in a candy store going thru them all lol...now I gotta google some of them too and see how to grow them but they all sound so pretty and awesome...and the variety of tomatoes i got is awesome too...also i love marigolds but had no clue there were so many different types of them...there's also some seeds i've not heard of before i gotta check out...thanks ALL of you and super great job Michelle putting them all together!!

o

Received my seeds today..wow, what a wonderful selection! Much thanks to all of you fantastic gardeners, can't wait to start planting!! Michelle you were a great host and thank you for all your work. :)

Cindy

o

I received my lovely selection of seeds in today's mail. I am so glad I asked for "One Singular Sensation" - you all have some very nice thoughts on this, and I can't wait to try them out. I found it interesting that 2 different players claimed gorgeous red hollyhocks as their outstanding plants. I have a perfect place for hollyhocks, which tend to do very well in this area, and am excited about adding these to my garden.

Thank you, Michelle - I know first-hand these swaps are not easy to host, and I appreciate your hard work!

Kim

o
Further look

I had more of a chance to go through the seeds last night after the big game (Roll Tide! :)) - wow! Thank you all soooo much; I have some beautiful choices here. So excited!

o

Received my seeds January 4, while my 'pooter was crashed, but all is well today, so thank you Michelle for all your hard work and everyone for such a generous, unusual collection. Now, if only winter would show up so I can start wintersowing some of these. 67*F expected in a couple of days here - at least the mosquitoes have not shown up:)

karen

o

Well, I'm stoked now. I've been so busy that I haven't had a decent time to sit down and look at all of these seeds until last night. There were several that left me completely clueless, so they were Googled. Lots of surprises! Some of these are perfect candidates for winter sowing, I believe, and so they'll be sprouting soon enough! Lisa is going to love her patriotic garden.

Thank you, everyone, for the fantastic seeds! Michelle, you did a great job!

Jeff

o

Thanks so much everyone!! I am VERY pleased with my selections that came back to me. Thanks so much!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here