Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

NEW: *******Annual Theme Garden Swap 2012********

Michelle Reynolds
11 years ago

Hello

The theme garden swap is for gardeners that have or want gardens planted with a Theme, fairy garden, angel garden, and so on. Use your imagination when coming up with your gardens and with matching seeds to someones garden.

send by date dec 20th, if this is too short just let me know, I don't want to wait too long as the WLOMWLS will be in jan and I would like gardeners to get their seeds back so they can post seeds still wanted on their want lists.

please don't send seeds older that 2011, we want good viable seeds so we all have a good gardening experiance. I like 20 to 25 seeds per trade but I know the size of acceptible trade has gotten smaller so use your best judgment on trade size.

when you pack your seeds put them in a baggie/envie/piece of paper with all seeds for that person and put their name on it. please dont put their name on the seed bag, they may end up going to someone else. If you send more seeds than you want back just let me know we always have newbees that dont have much to send. if you send hundereds of packs just know I will have to put things not in your themes to fill your envie. I would like US players only, I have trouble with sending to canada and you cant post here, but I wont turn you away if you are willing to take the chance, you would email me your list and I will post it.

I want everyone to have a great experiance with this swap so if you have any questions or concerns just let me know. I will be flexable

michelle

Comments (96)

• alwaysagarden
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Will be putting seeds together this coming weekend, hope to have them mailed then too.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello everyone
    I went through my seeds last night and got them all sorted and labled. I dont like to wait to the last min even if I'm hosting. I'm already to start sorting as soon as they get here.
    I love swapping time
    michelle

• sassybutterfly_2008
    11 years ago

I'm working on my package today. LOVE working on this swap! :)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    I got seeds today from connie and jensyen.
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    I got seeds today from connie and jensyen.
    michelle

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

I mailed my seeds this morning.
    Thanks, Alana

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

Mine will be going in the mail today.

Thanks again for hosting.

Ellie

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I got my seeds together and will mail later this week. My plants didn't set seeds as well as usual this year - and the voles that ate the plants didn't help any, but I hope you like what I send. I managed to get at least two packs for each person that corresponds to your themes.

• drippy
    11 years ago

My seeds went in the mail today - have fun!

Kim

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    I got squishies from poisondartfrog, drippy, and farmgirl today. great seeds so far, thanks kim for sharing so many.
    michelle

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I mailed my seeds today. Happy sorting, Michelle!
    Jeanne

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Just got my seeds all ready over the weekend...got many packs of seeds for everyone or tried to...there will not be the 20 to 25 seeds in each pack but there will be enough variety for each person in mine to make up for it...there were some seeds that i only had a few of but still wanted to share as they fit the themes...most have a good number of seeds in the packets but there are some that have just a few and some have more than 25...i thought the ones that have just a few would be worth it tho as they are special seeds to me or seeds i had set back to plant this next spring and i would have liked to have had them too if i were on the receiving end...will get them mailed out sometime this week :)

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

MoonFire - my seeds follow the same rationale as yours - if some packets have small numbers of seeds, it's because they were relevant to a theme but in small numbers to begin with. I'm still cleaning, packing & sorting - hope to mail mine later this week.

May our gardens be as fascinating as pretty...and not become too much more fascinating than pretty and if they do then may the neighbors smile benignly upon our follies.

Karen

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Don't worry, ladies, I follow that same rule. When something matched the theme and I only sent a few seeds, that was because I sent all that I had. No problem with anyone doing that as far as I'm concerned.
    Jeanne

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    I got jeanne's seeds today.
    thanks jeanne
    michelle

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Michelle - I just sent you two emails via your GardenWeb member page, asking for your mailing address (the 2nd one gives you my email address). My seeds are ready to send in, but do need your mailing address.

Thanks in advance,
    Karen

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Michelle - nevermind - I sent you a Halloween package for Alana's zombie festival so already have your address. Perhaps Halloween hasn't yet ended for me yet urk.

Karen

• vajeff
    11 years ago

I just realized that I never received your email with the address, Michelle. If you could send it again that would be great!

Thanks.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    vajeff - I sent you the address again, you might want to check your spam folder.
    or email me directly
    michelle

• vajeff
    11 years ago

It went through. I might have accidentally overlooked it the first time. Sorry!

Jeff

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Sent my seeds December 5

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello
    Primrose your seeds came yesterday, we went to Iowa for the night and I didn't have time to post before we left.
    They are safe and sound
    Michelle

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Thank you Michelle - good to know. Hope you had fun in Iowa :)

karen

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    I got seeds from alwaysagarden today, yay more seeds to sort.
    michelle

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Hi Michelle...I've had my envelope ready to mail out to you for about a week now...but I'm embarrassed to admit I forgot which Michelle you were as I've got 4 Michelle's addresses from trades...I've went back to our last trade and I think I have your address...please confirm it for me tho so I send it to the right person...you are Michelle Reynolds right?...and is your mailing address the same as it was back when we did our October swap? ...if so I'll get it out shortly :)...thanks, Dianne

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    no problem dianne, I'm reynolds in missouri.
    hope that helps
    michelle

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Yep that's the one i thought you were :) ...Will try to get the package sent out to you tomorrow

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    we have a few more that need to send, the due date is coming up. if you are dropping let me know.
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello
    I have been having some computer trouble but am barrouing my hubby's iPad so I can keep in touch. I have not heard from sassy butterfly if you have sent yet, vajeff did you ever receive my address? Moonfire yours should be here soon. All the seeds have been sorted so far, so I'm hopping to get them on their way home before the end of the year.
    This is the last run up to Christmas and it is time for me to start baking cookies. What is everyone else up to?

Jeanne I hope you are feeling better. Huggs

Michelle

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Michelle,
    Wendy's son has been in the hospital but was recently released.
    Alana

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Hi Michelle...I'm sorry I'm so late ...I left the package for one of my daughters to mail out and it didn't get in the mail...I just took it to the mail this morning...I sent it priority so it should get there quicker...I had them weigh it at the po and put enough stamps in the bubbly to send it back at the same weight normal mail...I didn't know if you'd need more postage than that...if so please don't put yourself out if the postage isn't enough...thanks so much Michelle and thanks for hosting this :)...confirmation tracking # is 0311 3260 0000 7255 0445 ...I got one just because i'm so late mailing out...

I also got the Christmas card you sent!!! Wasn't expecting it at all but it did put a big smile on my face, especially since this last week has been a long stressful week...thanks for the friendship, Dianne

• vajeff
    11 years ago

Back from out of town. Mine is in the mail. It should arrive soon.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    I got vajeff's and moonfire's seeds today. sassy's will be a little late but I told her not to worry, they should be here next week.
    michelle

• sassybutterfly_2008
    11 years ago

Mine are in the mail! :)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    all the seeds are in and sorted. i will try to get them in the mail monday.
    I have 3 people down for delivery conf #s...
    alwaysagarden
    moonfire
    primrose

would anyone else like a DC#?

michelle

• drippy
    11 years ago

Hi, Michelle - no thank you on DC - I am ok even if seeds get lost, LOL - not like I don't have enough already!

Oh, and you can send mine last if you like - I'm in no hurry!

Thanks so much for hosting,

Kim

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hello
    well your seeds are all on the way home.
    thanks for playing, you all made this another great swap.
    happy gardening
    michelle

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for all your hard work, Michelle. Now I'm excited! I'll let you know when my seeds arrive.
    Jeanne

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

I received my seeds today and what a wonderful selection. Thank you Michelle for all your work on this and everyone who participated. Thank you very much.

Ellie

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

I got mine today, as well. Thank you Michelle, and thanks to all of you who sent such a lovely assortment of seeds for my themes!
    Alana

• chefconnie
    11 years ago

I got my seeds today......WOW!! completely overwhelmed. I just spent two hours sorting seeds. Thank you so much to everyone what a great swap.
    Connie

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

Received my seeds today. Thank you Michelle for all your hard work and everyone who participated. Love all my new seeds!
    Jen

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

My seeds arrived today. Thanks so much, everyone! I will have fun looking up pictures of some on the computer. It's always nice to receive seed surprises!
    Thanks for you hard work as hostess, too, Michelle.
    Jeanne

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

I got my seeds today too and hubby and I were like kids in a candy store going thru them all lol...now I gotta google some of them too and see how to grow them but they all sound so pretty and awesome...and the variety of tomatoes i got is awesome too...also i love marigolds but had no clue there were so many different types of them...there's also some seeds i've not heard of before i gotta check out...thanks ALL of you and super great job Michelle putting them all together!!

• alwaysagarden
    11 years ago

Received my seeds today..wow, what a wonderful selection! Much thanks to all of you fantastic gardeners, can't wait to start planting!! Michelle you were a great host and thank you for all your work. :)

Cindy

• drippy
    11 years ago

I received my lovely selection of seeds in today's mail. I am so glad I asked for "One Singular Sensation" - you all have some very nice thoughts on this, and I can't wait to try them out. I found it interesting that 2 different players claimed gorgeous red hollyhocks as their outstanding plants. I have a perfect place for hollyhocks, which tend to do very well in this area, and am excited about adding these to my garden.

Thank you, Michelle - I know first-hand these swaps are not easy to host, and I appreciate your hard work!

Kim

• drippy
    11 years ago

I had more of a chance to go through the seeds last night after the big game (Roll Tide! :)) - wow! Thank you all soooo much; I have some beautiful choices here. So excited!

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Received my seeds January 4, while my 'pooter was crashed, but all is well today, so thank you Michelle for all your hard work and everyone for such a generous, unusual collection. Now, if only winter would show up so I can start wintersowing some of these. 67*F expected in a couple of days here - at least the mosquitoes have not shown up:)

karen

• vajeff
    11 years ago

Well, I'm stoked now. I've been so busy that I haven't had a decent time to sit down and look at all of these seeds until last night. There were several that left me completely clueless, so they were Googled. Lots of surprises! Some of these are perfect candidates for winter sowing, I believe, and so they'll be sprouting soon enough! Lisa is going to love her patriotic garden.

Thank you, everyone, for the fantastic seeds! Michelle, you did a great job!

Jeff

• sassybutterfly_2008
    11 years ago

Thanks so much everyone!! I am VERY pleased with my selections that came back to me. Thanks so much!!!

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional