Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galium_gw

NEW: Sign Ups Nov. ~Cracked Pot Gardner's~ Seed Swap

galium
15 years ago

We'll be taking sign ups until November 29th. This is a straight seed swap-No boxes. Partner's will be assigned on December 1st
Please have the seed portion of your Exchange Page up to date.
RULES:
1. Send a minimum of 5 different types of seeds.
2. Contact your partner for their address
3. Send seeds in a padded envelope.
4. Post when you send.
5. Post when you receive.
6. Seeds must be received, by your partner, no later than November 29th.
7. Members who have not traded with us previously will need to send to their partner first.

NOTE: We do not send out reminders. If you do not follow our simple rules you won't be able to trade with us again. Any questions please don't hesitate to contact myself, Mariann/galium or Michelle/micyrey.

Comments (25)

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Mariann, I am going to take the month off from swapping this time. I have a lot of work to do and not much time to get it done. I hope you all have fun swapping seeds. I haven't even gotten to sorting mine yet. Time is passing so quickly I feel like I am in a race to keep up!

Tracy

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I am hostess for the Theme Garden Seed Swap which is going on at the same time the Cracked Pot Gardners seeds swap will take place. I think I will have my hands full with the other swap since all the seeds for the Theme Garden come to me to be redistributed. Sorry not to join in this month. If there are Cracked Pot Gardners who have not yet signed up for the Theme Garden Seed Swap, there is still time - would love to have you join in!
    Jeanne

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tracy and Jeanne-We'll miss you next month. I participated in the Theme Garden Seed Swap a couple of years ago and I received some great seeds. Everyone was so generous.
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Is this a November or December swap, Mariann? Sorry, I'm confused.........sign up by November 29th but receive by November 29th?

or did you mean sign up by October 29th?

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Sue-Sign Ups until October 29th.
    Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    I will be in this one.
    I hope I'm not the only one.
    I had a great year and it is time to put the garden to bed,
    I got the halloween dec. out yesterday and all the tender plants in, but I'm going to have the living/dinning rooms painted next week and now I don't know where to put the plants, and the crafts. my house is going to be a mess for a few weeks but it will look so good when it is done.
    I hope everyone is well, unfortunently I think we have lost some swapers compleatly, I rilly miss all our friends, I hope you all think about returning rememer you don't have to send alot.
    well I need to get to work.
    see ya all later
    michelle

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Mariann & Michelle, you girls can count me in for this month. I've been very slack about speaking and I apologize
    for that. Please don't think I haven't missed you girls in this group. So much crazyness since dh's accident. I really apologize for cutting you girls short:(

I've had the baby since last week. Julie and dh are moving an hour away so I'm very sad about that and I've been spending every second with Kenzie that I can while they're moving. I'm so used to her being 5 minutes away:(

Hope all of you are doing well:)

Oh, I'm in as long as its not alot of unusual (as in you've got to go buy) seeds. I have some but not alot and also, are we all keeping it at 5 packs? I don't want to be the only one that sends 5 packs and everyone else gets 20. lol Just let me know:)

Sassy

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sassy-Yeah!!! There you are! So happy you signed up. We think that 5 different types of seeds are plenty. With the holidays coming up everything is tight for most members right now. Are you still going to babysit for Kenzie since Julie and her DH have moved?

Michelle-I'm trading this month too so it won't be just you. How are you feeling? Have any pics of your vacation?

It's 2:11am here. I've been having a hard time sleeping for about 2 weeks now. My hips have really been aching but yesterday I got Prednisone shots in them again. It worked well last time but didn't last as long as it should have. Anyway I'm hoping it helps.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Sassy, I am sorry to hear the kids are moving away. I'd be down too. Sending you big hugs!

Mariann, I'm sorry to hear you aren't sleeping well and that the joints are misbehaving. The hips are awful when they act up. That was the one major part that physical therapy wasn't able to help me with. They got my back under control but the hips seem to have their own plans. I started using meditation when they are nagging at me when it is time to sleep. I hope the shots last a bit longer for you this time.

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Mariann,
    That picture is great! I was up until close to 3 a.m. last night. We should have kept each other company. I suffer a lot from insominia. Sometimes even the medications don't help.

Sassy,
    Sorry to hear that Julie and her family will be a bit farther away. I know you will miss having them close by. I hope your husband is doing better. We miss "seeing" you at GardenWeb!
    Jeanne

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Mariann,
    I hope you feel better soon! My Husband has lots of problems with achy joints. He has achilles tendonitis (ankles), gout (toe), sciatica (lower back) and is always hurting in one area or another. He puts up with the pain and goes to work everyday. He limps a lot, but tries to hide it. I feel really sorry for him. He has so many thing wrong, and only 40 yrs. old.

I've really been going through alot! My Mom found a breast lump and fears the worst. We lost my Dad to colon cancer, and she's really frantic about this lump. She found it around her birthday. She went to her Dr. he told her it was fibroids, and set her up for a mammo and ultrasound. Well, we went 2 days ago for the procedures and the radiologist told her he believed it was cancer. My Mother's so scared! I told her he was only a radiologist, not to take every word he said so seriously. That they can't tell what's in the lump until they do a biopsy. She's scheduled for a biopsy on Tuesday. Please say a prayer for her! AND for me! I really need strength to get through this, and I'm praying so hard that it's not cancer. We went through so much with my Dad. He was so strong, never sick a day in his life. He was the type of person who would never take an asprin. Kept his weight down, and didn't let stress get to him. He had NO signs of colon cancer until one day he bent down to pick up a sack of potatoes. A little blood squirted out of his rectum. He went to the Dr's the next day, they did some tests and diagnosed him with colon cancer, scheduled an operation. And with in 10 days canceled the operation because the colon cancer whipped out of his rectum, and went internal.
    My poor Dad was gone within 24 months. He really suffered, and so did we.
    My Mom's name is Gayla, she turned 70 this year.

One of my birds also died when I returned home from the Doctors with the bad news. Little 'cloudy' a cute parakeet that I adored! His cage mate 'sunny' is now alone. I put Sunny on antibiotics (just in case cloudy had something contageous) but he's doing well. I'm going on Monday for a new parakeet mate for Sunny. He's so lonely. I want to give him a little time before introducing someone new. He will be off the antibiotics tomorrow.

I'm going to sit out this month.

Giant hugs, (a worn out)
    Deb

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deb-I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I know that waiting for tests and results can be agonizing. I'm sending big hugs, warm thoughts and prayers your way.
    Hugs
    Mariann

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Deb, I am so sorry to hear that your Mom is having to go through this. I am praying that her biopsy is negative and that all will be well. I can only imagine how stressful this will be on you and her. Big hugs and lots of prayers are on their way to you both.

Tracy

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I'll join this month Mariann...........sorry to hear about your Mom, Deb, tell her to keep her chin up!

Sue G.

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So far we have the following sign ups:

Mariann/galium
    Michelle/micyrey
    Sassyd
    Sue/sguanzon

How about a few more!!!

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Hi guys!!
    I would love to join in if you guys don't mind. I have plenty of seeds to share!!

Deb, I will send a prayer for your mom. I hope they it's nothing.

Monica

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Deb. sorry to hear that your mom has to go through this, chin up to both of you! I hope that your worries will be unfounded!

Mariann, feel better soon!

Speaking of insomniacs, I don't think I have enjoyed more than 3 hours of uninterupted sleep in months.... its like my brain goes into hyperdrive as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Tracy!!! Hello!!! I hope it isn't snowing on you yet up there in the frozen north! We had our first cold nights this week, I may have to drag my tropicals inside, oh no!!! I am not ready to give up my hibiscus yet!

I think I can find 5 packets of seeds around here somewhere (ha ha ha) please count me in.
    Frances

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Well, I am not sure about joining, I have a question before I do. I have seeds I received from trades. They are supposed to be from this years crops. I don't want them for this or that reason. Would anyone oppose receiving any of those seeds? If so then I will sit out if not then I will be happy to join.

Let me know if this is acceptable...

:) Fran

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    fran - trade seeds would be fine, we all do that, you get something in a trade or swap and maybe you already have it/can't grow it in your zone/just don't care for it, so you pass it on till it finds a home.
    I think I'll go see if the chat room is still there
    see ya all later
    michelle

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I would love to join Novembers swap!

Sassyd, sorry to hear that Kenzie & family are moving. I hope everything goes smoothly, and well wishes to DH, hope he has recovered nicely.

Galium, I hope the prednisone shot gives you some relief and some good nights of sleep.

Debbya, thoughts and prayers to you and your mom. I hope the test come back negative! Sorry to hear about Cloudy. Have you found a new friend for Sunny yet?

I have been busy with collecting, packaging and tagging my seeds. We've got everything out of the garden except the carrots. The wild turkeys are bummed out I think, because hubby took out the corn and tomatoes. Now they just wonder around in there, looking lost. I should be cleaning up the flower beds, but I rarely do that in the fall, when I should. (I'm such a procrastinator) Its been rainy & gloomy here, and I still have seeds to collect.

I hope everyone has been well, and enjoying fall!
    Karen

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We have a few more sign ups....That's great. Monica, Frances, Fran and Karen glad you're joining us.

Deb-How did the biopsy go yesterday. I've been thinking about you.

Fran-Seeds from trades are great! I'm sure we all trade seeds we receive in trades.

Maybe we should start a club called 'Sleepless On The Internet'. Although I'm going back on my regular sleep meds. so I hope to be snoozing all night!

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok then, glad I could join...hehe. I like playing.

I had a bad night last night. I had a stomachache all night. I went to bed a 12:50 and was back at at 3:00am and stayed up all night because my stomach hurt so much. I have managed to get in a nap here and there today, although they were short ones. My tummy still hurts, I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for me this year. I am hardly ever sick, but this has been 2 tummy issues just this month!

I am so mad at the PO I go to most often. I put a medium sized bubble mailer in the mail there yesterday, inside is a smaller one, the smallest Bubble Mailer you can get, a note and a return label. It doesn't weigh much at all, I put 2 .42 cent stamps on it and it was BACK IN MY MAILBOX TODAY! Insuffient postage, can you believe that? I am so mad! I have gotten heavier ones with seed in them with 2 stinking stamps on them, what is wrong with that PO?
    It makes me so mad I wish I didn't have to use the USPS!

Ok, maybe I am just testy cuz my stomach hurts?

Fran

• esiuol
    15 years ago

Hi Everybody,
    Sign me up for November.

Louise

• galium
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So far we have:

Mariann/galium
    Michelle/micyrey
    Sassyd
    Sue/sguanzon
    Louise/esiuol
    Fran/ncgardengirl
    Daren/kalena67
    Frances/fcoffill
    Monica/mommyto2

Hope I didn't miss anyone! I'll post the new thread this week when Michelle finishes up with the partner list.

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago

hello
    ok I guess we are all signed up so I will divvy out partners and get the list to mariann and she will start the new post for NOV. jeezz can you beleve it's gonna be november already. I have been working full out on christmas stuff and I don't know if I have time to do all the stuff I wanted.

well I put thecover on my greenhouse this weekend and guess what !!!IT DOSEN"T FITTTTT!!!!!!! it riped already in several places when I was trying to get it on, now I'm gonna end up using plastic drop cloths and rope, it wont look as nice but I thing it will do the job.

well gotta get the kids to school
    later
    michelle